Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 14, 2010 8:37 PM

Sep 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Gangler said:
What's wrong with uiharu? She's just the computer girl. She handles the computations well. When people complain about some characters I at least can guess at what their problem is, an annoying voice, needyness, inconsideration, but I'm actually having trouble figuring out what uiharu's flaw is. She just seems like a somewhat timid girl they put in place to work the computer end of judgement and establish the social standing of tokiwadai.
She's not from Tokiwadai though. That said, they probably just hate her because of the fact she's weak, almost powerless in terms of esper abilities, and has a sort of chirpy voice which some people hate to death (well duh, Aki-chan voices her, who also did Yui with the exact same voice).

I add though that I liked her, she complements Kuroko pretty well and serves as pretty much one of her actual friends seeing as how Mikoto's relation with her is rather too extreme to be called a regular friendship, plus she does her job well. What more do they expect from her?
It's because she's not from tokiwadai that she can establish its' social standing. Regardless of mikoto's wealth and the air of superiority held by the students it's not actually clear until you see uiharu with her celebrity obsession pretty much grouping tokiwadai students together with princesses.

Honestly I hadn't noticed anything grating about her voice though I'll pay attention later. I'm kind of hoping your comments about her weakness and crappy powers isn't true, though it probably is. It always seems a shame to me when perfectly strong characters get hate because their strengths aren't in combat. She's good at her job and she chooses to do it despite danger to her safety, general defenselessness, and lack of monetary compensation. Most of her merits are in how she sheds light on the other characters through her relationships with both kuroko and misaka, which you did mention.
Nov 14, 2010 8:54 PM

Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Confucius said:
alexcampos said:
hikaricore said:
This whole episode was just Railgun in Index guise. I loved it.

Yeah, that's what made it so great.

Although Uiharu is still a lame character, oh well she's still no where near as bad as index...

That is debatable. Her powers are heating food okay? HEATING FOOD.

Index can bite her ears off
I'm not sure if the manga actually reveals her power. I'm almost certain the anime decided to add that as part of the fillers.

I've read every chapter of the manga, I also don't recall if they ever mentioned what her real power is...

Either way, a lot of people do find her annoying/weak/useless/random, I personally find her useless most of the time, I'm a little surprised they're showing her in this show, I would've preferred Saten over Uiharu.

Saten might not have an ability, but she has a more cheerful personality, and she's not scared to get into a fight (even though she has no chance).
Nov 14, 2010 9:00 PM

Sep 2008
I'd heard that the railgun filler was written by kazuma himself, and thus considered canon.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that saten was introduced in the railgun manga. She may or may not exist in the index novels, but if she does I'd imagine she appears after the publication of the manga begins. So we probably won't be seeing too much of her here except in meaningless inserts.
Nov 14, 2010 9:25 PM
Dec 2007
Gangler said:
I'd heard that the railgun filler was written by kazuma himself, and thus considered canon.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that saten was introduced in the railgun manga. She may or may not exist in the index novels, but if she does I'd imagine she appears after the publication of the manga begins. So we probably won't be seeing too much of her here except in meaningless inserts.
Hmm, that would actually mean the generic filler maniac we got at the end was canon? EW.

And Saten was introduced in 1 or two novels but her role is even smaller than Uiharu's. Uiharu gets more of a presence in Index due to her job at Judgement.

Nov 14, 2010 9:34 PM

Mar 2010
Divine_Judgement said:
>tits on kuroko
dropped.
You're going to drop it because of breasts? (O.O)
Nov 14, 2010 9:39 PM

Mar 2010
I actually really liked this episode considering im not a big fan of Kuroko. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty awesome when it comes down to it. But she has her ''moments'', where all you can say is ''shut up, Kuroko''. Something along those lines, but she really did make up the episode this week. All in all, I especially laughed a few times this episode. But im really looking forward to seeing Accelerator next week! (*_*) Looking forward to the next!
Nov 14, 2010 10:17 PM

Aug 2009
Oh god, this episode made up for the entire crappy first arc.
It felt like an amazing Railgun episode. <3
10/5, I want moar of this. I mean, almost a complete episode focused on Kuroko? Life's goooood.
Misaka & Kuroko > Touma & Index
Nov 14, 2010 10:26 PM

Oct 2010
I on the other hand don't see anything great about this episode, leaving Kuroko's annoyances aside, the actions was hardly interesting, Accelerator scene was funny i guess but other than that, i can't see anything great out of this so call "science side"

and the only reason i don't mention any of Kuroko's antic being funny because it wasn't funny in anyway, shape, or form
Nov 15, 2010 2:24 AM

Jan 2009
RAGE (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Just kill Kuroko already D:<
Spoiled the whole episode. Would've been quite okay without Kuroko >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 15, 2010 2:26 AM
Jun 2008
Oosran said:
RAGE (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Just kill Kuroko already D:<
Spoiled the whole episode. Would've been quite okay without Kuroko >.>
I hope Kuroko can do the narration for index =)
Nov 15, 2010 5:33 AM

Oct 2010
DeathReaper said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DeathReaper said:
And whats with the stupid arguing and rage in this thread ( >.<)
It's about Index and Kuroko/Misaka. Science VS Religion. My take on this is that Index x Touma will never beat Misaka x Touma from what I read in hentai fan mangas. You really have to see that to know why the whole who is better for Touma. IMO most of those fan based mangas are really about Index being a lesbian than a lover for Touma. Point is that this episode was really much more to please Accelerator girls for I don't remember a scene as steaming as the one of Accelerator where they went as far as showing fan service of him.
LOLWUT?
Yeah well you got to read those to understand the point of them and they are 18+ stuff.
alexcampos said:
I've read every chapter of the manga, I also don't recall if they ever mentioned what her real power is...
Yes they do mention and it's to keep in constant temperature of whatever that object might be in. For example making a popscicle stay at the freezing temperature thus why ice cream was so not a problem for Uiharu. At higher levels she could change that temperature and I am sure of it.

Mod edit: Just a reminder to not let the quoting pyramids go out of hand. Please take note next time.
desolatoNov 15, 2010 9:09 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 15, 2010 9:00 AM

Dec 2009
Arcangel92 said:
Its true that this episode was good but saying it's because it included some railgun its just silly imo, this is why I prefer the Index series over the railgun series, mikoto and kuroko look best in this series where theres actually a plot instead of just a slice of life like railgun is.
Well, maybe you should add "a plot that *makes sense*".
I actually liked the Railgun series better than Index in the beginning; but when it started being about shit like fighting a giant monster fetus made of bad thoughts (or a skating robot on a highway) it became plain ridiculous.
Yumekichi11 said:
Yes they do mention and it's to keep in constant temperature of whatever that object might be in. For example making a popscicle stay at the freezing temperature thus why ice cream was so not a problem for Uiharu. At higher levels she could change that temperature and I am sure of it.
Yes, there was a discussion about it in the thread of the Railgun episode it was revealed (ep 22). Her ability might be quite strong indeed, but unfortunately she's just a Lvl1.
FireballStarfishNov 15, 2010 9:08 AM
Nov 15, 2010 10:21 AM
Jul 2008
Lol, people trying to hate kuroko. Give up, she rocks.
Nov 15, 2010 10:58 AM
Dec 2007
Battlesheep said:
Her ability might be quite strong indeed, but unfortunately she's just a Lvl1.
And she will likely remain one considering her physical frailty and the fact she's been a level 1 for years now. That said, her strengths are not in that spectrum. She's in charge of support.

Nov 15, 2010 7:46 PM

Mar 2009
Best episode so far. I was wanting my Misaka weekly dose already.
Nov 15, 2010 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
was Boring.-

No Enough Touma/Index
a lot of Biri Biri that was great but also a lot of Teleporterloliwhathever who trully sux.
and of course.. NOT ENOUGH ACELERATOR FFS.
aniway i hope next ep return to be great.
Nov 16, 2010 5:03 AM

Oct 2009
Nachotee said:

Kuroko being serious rocks ( ´∀`)
Kuroko on lesbian plan is annoying ( ´Д`)
Kuroko's VA is daaamn annoying (゚∀゚#)

I think that are the reasons for love and hate Kuroko most likely... OTL

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Nov 16, 2010 6:08 AM

Oct 2010
Battlesheep said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yes, there was a discussion about it in the thread of the Railgun episode it was revealed (ep 22). Her ability might be quite strong indeed, but unfortunately she's just a Lvl1.
It's not level 2? Yes, it was revealed in Rail Gun but too bad it was at the end.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 17, 2010 3:48 AM

Jan 2009
fanoultimatev2 said:
Nachotee said:
Kuroko being serious rocks ( ´∀`)
Kuroko on lesbian plan is annoying ( ´Д`)
Kuroko's VA is daaamn annoying (゚∀゚#)

I think that are the reasons for love and hate Kuroko most likely... OTL
Actually, if she lost her voice, say... She turns mute for some reason (Misaka zapping her vocal chords or something). And she has a change of heart which removes all her lesbian activities, then she might actually become a cool character.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 17, 2010 4:00 AM
Jun 2008
I thought Kuroko become quite popular in Ookami nakama ....and she also done a good job in Yakuindomo
her voice is sexy (*^ー゚)b
its better than index anyway.
MorningGloryNov 17, 2010 4:03 AM
Nov 17, 2010 5:14 AM
Dec 2007
MorningGlory said:
I thought Kuroko become quite popular in Ookami nakama ....and she also done a good job in Yakuindomo
her voice is sexy (*^ー゚)b
its better than index anyway.
Her voice is sort of... I have no idea why but she just has this old woman/perv woman vibe to her. But well, Kuroko is a pretty cool character if you remove her onee-sama obsession. She has a great ability and her overall personality mashes well with Uiharu as foils for one another. It's a shame she loses any cool points she has earned the moment Mikoto shows up.

Nov 17, 2010 9:13 AM

May 2010
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
I actually really liked this episode considering im not a big fan of Kuroko. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty awesome when it comes down to it. But she has her ''moments'', where all you can say is ''shut up, Kuroko''. Something along those lines, but she really did make up the episode this week. All in all, I especially laughed a few times this episode. But im really looking forward to seeing Accelerator next week! (*_*) Looking forward to the next!

There are times when kuroko does something interesting in both shows. I particulary like it when her and Misaka argue (^=^)
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Nov 23, 2010 7:06 AM
Feb 2009
kinda too late for the post *blame my internet* o.o ....

well, this will sum up my opinion
Confucius said:
I don't know about you guys, but one episode of the Science arc is already better than the five meaningless episodes of the Magic side. It's like all the fun characters are in the Science side.
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 25, 2010 1:44 AM

Sep 2008
Feels like that lame Railgun anime.
I hope Toaru Majutsu no Index starts again soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2010 4:40 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, I really liked Kuroko in this one...shes actually a likable character now :D

And Last Order as cute as ever of course :D
Nov 30, 2010 7:42 PM

Jan 2009
MISAKA MISAKA LAST ORDER x ACCELERATOR <3333 Kyaaa!!
Jan 25, 2011 4:16 PM

Sep 2010
Am I the only person who is watching this anime because of Index?
I like BiriBirbi too but I find her more annoying then Index.
Sure she bites Tomua for fun and all, but she love Tomua and really care about him.
I like this season because ith as more index appearance than the first season IMO
I don't know why everyone hate on index o-o I personally like Index's company lol
Feb 16, 2011 4:16 AM

Dec 2010
It seems I'm not the only one who wants Accel/Order to get more screen time ;(
And, YESH, MUSUJIMA APPEARED <3
YESH, NEXT EPISODE WILL BE WHEN ACCEL KICK ASS <3
AND DAMN, ACCELERATOR IS HALF-NAKED!!! <3333
Mar 8, 2011 1:15 PM

Jul 2010
Haha, this episode felt like Railgun all over again. Shame there's hasn't been any Touma in it though. He could've helped out. It looks like he'll appear in the next one though. Misaka's very cute thinking about him though! Accelerator and Last Order in the bath was pretty hilarious to watch too. =P

So another teleporter joins the scene. I wonder what her motive is. That corkscrew in kuroko's arm looked pretty painful!

If three diagram ends up being rebuilt, this would be a disaster for Misaka and the sisters because of the experiment being restarted!

Apr 5, 2011 12:27 PM

Mar 2011
Meh, even if tree diagram gets built again. I wonder if Misaka could just shoot it down with her railgun! Maybe if Tsundere Aceelerator goes all dere for Last Order, and helps Misaka take the satellite down then they can all dance in a big circle and laugh while Index eats all the food.

/sarcasm

Me, I enjoy the show. We've had a bit of Magic, we're having a bit of Science now. And remember, when Magic and Science collide, this show will begin!
Apr 18, 2011 6:41 AM

Feb 2011
kuroko how i missed your annoying voice and you're still funny as always <333
Jun 23, 2011 11:50 AM

Dec 2007
Since there's series concerning "Railgun" they should make the least possible content with her ffs.
Nov 13, 2011 7:12 PM

Dec 2009
I never get tired of Kuroko, i love episodes with her. :33
And little Misaka with Accelerator, so cute ~
Jan 15, 2012 3:58 PM

Feb 2010
Awwww yeah, Biribiri <3

Accelerator +++++++loli
Feb 11, 2012 11:00 PM

Jul 2010
i like last order, so adorable, but if i want to see her, i have to see accel, and i dont want him.
PrometheusZero said:

Me, I enjoy the show. We've had a bit of Magic, we're having a bit of Science now. And remember, when Magic and Science collide, this show will begin!

nicely said.

Jul 6, 2012 8:00 PM

Jun 2012
What is wrong with that girl Kuroko? She’s a perverted little f***. And what’s up with her love for Mikoto? She is a lesbian, there’s no other explanation for it. Her sexuality towards Mikoto is more than just simple friends. She has a thing for her… And she keeps getting in the way of Mikoto’s feelings for Toma. Like when they were at the store with her. Honestly, I’m having a difficult time deciding whether or not she is as annoying as Index, or even worse...
Never go full retard
Aug 25, 2012 12:45 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I MUCH like the Magic side over the Science side. The Magic side is much more EPIC! is what made Index one of my favorite Anime! Anyhow wasn't bad episode, Great to see Accelerator Babysitting Last Order hehe :) They were meant for each other lol. But what i don't really get is why the Tree Diagram matters and why the Sisters are in danger? The experiment has already stopped following Accelerator's defeat. The sisters were just used as guinea pigs for Accelerator? Hasn't it ended? :O I guess we will see...

EDIT: After thinking about it, I think I can understand why restoring the Tree Diagram can be danger. Like Misaka said, it creates a dark cloud of fear (impending doom) that the experiments would continue again. The sisters would probably used in some way even without Accelerator if the experiments began again.
iamKetranLangAug 25, 2012 4:26 PM
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 13, 2012 7:06 AM

Aug 2012
Why did they stab their ears? Can't they use something like earpluigs?
Feb 2, 2013 4:29 AM

May 2012
Nice start of this new arc, it's more around Mikoto and her experiment clones and ofc kuroko, it's rather an interesting start lets see what's next!
Mar 23, 2013 3:48 AM

Sep 2012
Ohh Kuroko <3
ohh so the accessories that Misaka collects are actually 'remnants'...
Jul 29, 2013 2:18 PM

May 2013
I thought i was watching railgun and i got confuse in adding this episode on my list hahahaha hmmmm yeah it misaka arcs again i love it when the arcs are about Espers
Nov 11, 2013 11:25 PM

Dec 2010
Ok, that was a pretty good episode, I didn't expect such an interesting and important matter to be concerned. And the best part is that we're back to the Science side.

This episode makes much more sense and is much more dramatic after watching TKNR S first.
Nov 19, 2013 3:03 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

This fabulous new arc, which leads many irons in the fire and what's after the arc of the sisters, so you should ask yourself after Railgun S?
The plot is interesting, but narratively does not shine, always for the usual defects that are found in TAMnI! ^ ^ "
Designs and backgrounds, really poor, the beautiful character design is often deformed and never reported as it should be, the same are the backdrops made ​​to save, if we consider those seen in Railgun S! D:
I would have given 3/5, but the plot is interesting, then a deserved point thanks to what.
Dec 14, 2013 6:48 AM

Nov 2012
hmm new case :3
now biribiri time
Feb 3, 2014 9:23 PM

Dec 2013
yay they gave screen time for Accelerator
Feb 3, 2014 10:35 PM

Jul 2012
Anon1409 said:
yay they gave screen time for Accelerator

Plenty more where that came from. If season three pulls through you'll have even more.
May 13, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2010
Less annoying Kuroko and more Touma+Accelerator please.
Aug 1, 2014 6:44 PM

Aug 2013
Oh, so it's the return of MISAKA, Last Order and Accelerator. dis gun b gud
Last Order is so cute. I wonder if she have some kind of power, except of controlling the MISAKA.

I guess that this other teleporter is a level 5, since her teleport capacity is greater than Kuroko's one.
She wasn't going easy on her, teleporting shit in her and using human as shield...

Mmm, I wonder why collecting the wreck of the Tree Diagram could continue the experiment...

It is interesting to know that Kuroko was investigating after the battle between Accelerator, Touma and Misaka.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 22, 2014 8:10 AM

Dec 2013
Another teleporter, interesting.
Accelerator with Last Order lol
They overdid Kuorko's boobs.
Much better arc, it feels like Railgun with its lack of Touma though.
Sep 2, 2014 4:53 PM

Jul 2014
FinALLY!!!!!! ACCELERATOR IS HEREEEEEEEEEEEEE
lol, but damnnn, shits getting real
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.