Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 21, 7:06 AM
Apr 2024
Hilarious episode 😂 Kafka trying to smile in order to look less scary is everything 🤣
Also my absolute fav character Hoshina has finally showed up I'm so happy he's finally made an appearance even if it was a minor one ☺️😄
Apr 21, 7:38 AM
Jan 2013
Really good and funny even though I don't usually go for shounen stuff normally
Apr 21, 7:47 AM

Oct 2008
what an awesome 2nd episode! there's comedy also!
damn! Kafka Hibino got extreme powerboost! and also a one puncher as well!!!
5/5.

Apr 21, 8:37 AM
Apr 2023
the opening, the animation, the music is so delicious
Apr 21, 9:10 AM

Dec 2016
Reply to DitoArief
nice, finally a main character that isn't highschooler
@DitoArief

Kafka overreacts to almost anything. Heck, some highschoolers have better composure than this guy.
Apr 21, 9:59 AM

Jun 2021
Idk why some people are mad at the comedy part, it is genuinely funny even more so when Kafka's in his Kaiju form.
The OP is....so unexpectedly good, especially with the thematic abstract visuals. Haven't seen this in anime since forever, really fits the theme
ED isn't bad either, they really roped in OneRepublic
This season's promising so far
Apr 21, 10:40 AM

Jan 2014
It would be nice if they don't do comedy, their timing is off and it just dumb. Still find Kikoru's introduction a bit too uber, tossing the car is just way too overkill.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Apr 21, 11:30 AM
Jul 2021
No comments this anime is at the top this season
Apr 21, 12:46 PM

Jul 2016
The crippling fear of being chosen to be a building-sized monster's midnight snack along with your pinned mom must've been incomprehendable, especially for a child. And yet the little girl wasn't blind to to the fact that a "good" kaiju saved her. Respect.

Blonde twintails girl's got a cool suit trick and all but that whole stunt screamed "Karen" lmao
Apr 21, 1:56 PM
Jan 2017
Kafka's wacky misadventures continue in this episode, as he considers the possibilities of using newfound powers to become *gasp* a hero! Kafka's first real usage abilities is a bit of a mixed bag. Sure, it's cool watching him pummel an enemy kaiju while he is surrounded by a biolectric aura (Dragon Ball doesn't have a monopoly on that), but I think the show goes a bit overboard with the gross biology of kaiju in general. Seriously, there comes a point in which the blood and organs splattered all over the scenery stops being disgusting and becomes downright hilarious, sometimes even distracting.

Anyway, Kafka decides to join the defense force for possibly his last chance of seeing his friend Mina again, and hopefully, things will improve for him.
Apr 21, 2:42 PM
Nov 2022
I really liked it, very funny, I loved the opening, it's a great song.

I love that they combine action and comedy but without reaching the point of being pretentious like others (cough cough chainsaw man cough cough) xdd
Apr 21, 2:55 PM
Jul 2022
This is something special.
Apr 21, 3:00 PM
Feb 2023
I must confess that after the first episode I thought this would be an average show but after watching this episode I have a feeling that this anime will be special
Apr 21, 4:04 PM
Jun 2021
Love the mcs kaiju design!

Op was super unique! This season is just full of great ops

Good ep, just made me super excited for the next one.
Apr 21, 6:25 PM
Dec 2022
op is kinda just mid
kaiju 8 is real now show kinda epic
I dont remember if they played the ed last episode but I like it a lot more than the op
Apr 21, 6:55 PM
Apr 2022
good episode, i'm disliking this twin tail brat already
Apr 21, 7:23 PM
Dec 2022
A few canon scenes with some character appearances earlier than the manga which personally I think downgrades their introduction but other than that, a pretty good episode
Apr 21, 7:35 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to Tobirama-Sensei
Two episodes are out and I still can't get into this anime, it sure looks good, but I'm not a fan of the OP/ED, the story don't interest me much and I'm kinda disappointed as the "hype" surrounding this show seems kinda exaggerated. I'll leave it one more episode to convince me, else I'll probably drop it.
@Tobirama-Sensei Personally, I'm also not a fan of the OP/ED either. Also in my opinion the manga hit different. The comedy scenes are more funny and less cringe in the manga. There are some pretty action-packed scenes in the manga, not sure if the 3rd epi will quite hit where we start to see some action but I think the 4th epi certainly will.
Apr 21, 8:04 PM

Jan 2012
the op is fire i cant stop rewatching it

Apr 21, 10:01 PM

Jan 2021
I thought Kikoru was the little girl Kafka saved lol but that was only three months ago. I like strong female characters but not like her. It's annoying and will probably ruin my mood every time I watch this (and she's one of the main characters..).

Kafka being able to shapeshift into a kaijuu or human of his own accord is cool, and I actually think that's for the best, but then I guess it would be really cool if he could join the corps as a kaijuu (with his kaijuu body/form).

Apr 21, 10:28 PM
Apr 2020
Shinomiya Kikoru is different from the manga version and the animation was a bit weak.
Apr 21, 10:28 PM

Jul 2021
If they regularly deliver on kaiju fights, similar to/better than the one from this episode, I'll be sure to come by every week.

Why did they make Kafka a 32-year-old, though? He sure doesn't act like one (speaking from experience). He seems to be a little too overreacting and carefree and idealistic. He could have been a teenager or a 20-something, and I don't think it would've changed anything, except missing out on the "old man" jokes (which is no big loss, in my opinion).
Apr 21, 11:44 PM
Jan 2015
I hate that twintail girl. What an annoying cliche female character.
Apr 22, 12:11 AM
Jan 2021
I misclicked to i hated it but i actually loved it, it was really good and funny, can't wait for 3rd episode, this episode actually made me laugh even though i'm in a little rough time but ngl hoping for some serious action in later episodes. (Haven't read the manga but i might after 4th or 5th episode)
Apr 22, 12:15 AM

Dec 2022
Second episode and Kafka is alr being appointed as an old man by the one and only Kikoru hah. Some comedic moments felt a bit forced or not funny but I mean comedy is subjective after all.

Apr 22, 1:28 AM
Nov 2021
Oh my god......just 2 punches were more than enough to make this ep....Imagine if the shinomiya girl who was flexing her power was shown the one kill punch.....
SOLDRAKEApr 25, 9:00 AM
Apr 22, 1:33 AM

May 2015
Here's Attack on Kaijuu
Apr 22, 3:04 AM

Jul 2017
For the first time in anime history, it's an entire English OST, with Yungblud's OP being a trippy, but very creative OP, as well as OneRepublic's ED.

With Kafka being turned into a Kaiju in the Yokohama hospital, both he and Ichikawa must escape unscathed against his very own childhood friend, and the powers he earns in the process are inhumane at best, much less his impression as one which surprises himself and Ichikawa. But just when their escape is imminent, Kafka senses yet another Yoju, but at this point of time, he must go into hiding. Even worse, with casualties, Kafka finds himself springing into action defeating Kaijus with his new-found power, which he absolutely annihilates with all of his power. And that paved the way to fulfill his childhood wish with Mina, for better or for worse.

As expected, Kafka has become Kaiju No. 8, and for the first time, both he and Ichikawa finally passed the exam to become part of the Defense Force, at least for the first round. Even though Kafka has taken on a new being, it's his last chance to join the corps with the 2nd exam, as well as similar candidates looking to be part of the team. And one of the candidates, Examinee No, 2016. Kikoru Shinomiya, is someone not to be trifled with.

Is the cat out of the bag for Kafka being smelled like a Kaiju?
Apr 22, 5:01 AM
Dec 2022
Too many generic, 'please-all' jokes that fall flat.
Apr 22, 5:50 AM

Sep 2008
I've never seen a show try this hard to win over a westerner audience.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Apr 22, 7:44 AM
May 2022
This feels like My hero x Attack on Titan
Apr 22, 8:30 AM
Oct 2019
Damn he just ONE PUNCH that Spider Kaijuu.

Bro that new girl already annoying to me. so fcking RUDE.

Nobody Nobody Nobody Got You The Way I Do...
I can't stop playing this song on Spotify all this week.
Apr 22, 10:46 AM
Jan 2024
Decent action and comedy. Lack of character development and depth is biggest issue of Kaiju No8. Have to see if anime will go bit deeper than manga.

Main female character is kinda sus. Didn't even bother to remain friend with her childhood friend who cares about her because he couldn't pass the exam. Guess, she'll fawn over him when he gets power of kaiju. Lol. Power versiin of Gold digger.
Apr 22, 3:12 PM
Nov 2021
so far i love how they've enhanced the manga in terms of kafka's motivations and his understanding of his actions among others
Apr 22, 4:56 PM
Nov 2023
I am glad that the anime doesn't take itself seriously, unlike Solo Leveling that had an average story but took itself way too seriously this one acknowledges that the story is average and adds comedy with action and great animation becoming VERY enjoyable
Apr 22, 11:07 PM

Nov 2012
finally saw the OP & ED, not super into them personally, but the hate for them is definitely blown out of proportion. They're so inoffensive.

I do wish they had ones I could get into more tho and was super hype about, but I don't hate them.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 23, 12:04 AM
Apr 2024
love the episode good early cliffhanger
Apr 23, 12:56 AM

May 2018
KANLen09 said:
For the first time in anime history, it's an entire English OST, with Yungblud's OP being a trippy, but very creative OP, as well as OneRepublic's ED.

Really? The first? Not in my book.
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (2004) has its opening (We Were Lovers), ending (You won't see me coming) and a better part of its BGM music written by Jean-Jacques Burnel (he is an english artist despite his french name) also they mixed some Tchaikovsky in...that's just a random example. I have no idea witch was the first one in anime history, but you should get your facts straight.

KANLen09 said:
Is the cat out of the bag for Kafka being smelled like a Kaiju?

He has the excuse of working for kaiju cleaning company, isn't he?
alshuApr 23, 1:04 AM
Apr 23, 5:36 AM
Nov 2023
it was greattttttttttttttttttt
Apr 23, 6:16 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The second episode seems that how advanced quickly, between the transformation, the fight against the other Kaijuu, pass the first exam and is tiem to the second....How I told, all happened to quick!!
kekeke
Apr 23, 6:31 AM
Jun 2019
Shweet! Had my doubt's about this anime but my thought's totally flipped 180 because of the Shweet shonen type shiiii
Apr 23, 7:52 AM
Jan 2020
That punch has made me excited for what is to come
Apr 23, 9:35 AM

Mar 2019
The music in this show is so fucking bad. Awful OP and Ed. Awful soundtrack so far. I hate it.

Really like everything else about the show so far. The concept is pretty basic, but I like the characters and the animation has been nice when it matters the most in the fight scenes.
Apr 23, 4:35 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty fun second episode, I love where this is going!
Apr 23, 4:43 PM

May 2021
Anatomy of kaiju pee xD
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Apr 23, 5:25 PM
Dec 2023
bad character design
Apr 23, 8:04 PM

May 2018
The visuals in the OP hit hard! I loved it!

Ugh! I was not looking forward to Kikoru's intro. I can't stand her.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Apr 24, 1:19 AM

May 2011
İlk iki bölümü seyrettim gerçekten harika ve eğlenceli yapmışlar çok sevindim. Çok sevdiğim bir manganın anime uyarlaması kötü olmasın diye endişeleniyordum rahatladım valla Project IG sanatını konuşturmuş yine helal olsun. Müzikleri de çok harika seçmişler on numara olmuş.

I watched the first two episodes, they were really great and entertaining, I was very happy. I was worried that the anime adaptation of a manga I love wouldn't be bad, I'm relieved, Project IG has made its art known, well done again. They also chose the music very well, it's top notch.
Apr 24, 5:39 AM
Mar 2012
kaleidoscope cg OP is wild. Reno such a great bro. Kafka henshin going crazy but he's hilarious.
kid surprisingly brave & rational. mc's lightning punch scene so metal.
Shinomiya seem like Bleach character Ninny.
Apr 24, 8:06 AM
May 2019
As a fan of the manga, especially the first half of it, i am not so sure on this adaptation. The episode on its own was good and i love how Kikoru is voiced and everything already.
But i really am not a fan of the soundtrack so far. The Ed and especially Op have this music video/mainstream vibe that i really don't like. It just doesn't give of the anime shonen feel i would have loved to have here. For a military/Kaiju setting i hope that that changes in the future with more fitting themes.
And wow the comedy was hard to watch here. As far as i remember it gets less over time but man it just doesn't work here for me.
Nonetheless fine ep.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 1

100 by LuisSV23 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ricky16 - May 4

203 by -kamil-kun- »»
7 hours ago

» Why hasn't Ichikawa's and Furuhashi's account of Kaiju no. 8 been taken into consideration? (Possible spoilers)

SamuelPapprill - Yesterday

12 by Pendragon572 »»
12 hours ago

» Too Much Comedy?

Sagepool - May 22

40 by SuperLupinHero »»
Yesterday, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - May 25

155 by Hilly-chan89 »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.