Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 6, 2020 11:50 AM

Jun 2015
I have to assume there is at least 1 or 2 eps left, but the way way shit is turning out I honestly in the boat the world ends. Fuck humanity. We are not worthy to move forward.

But still, I hold onto a little spark, perhaps the wild hacker oppressed kid, and Odin and MC might be able to connect and give us living in this cesspool of humanity a chance!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 6, 2020 12:24 PM

Feb 2014
Like others here, guessing that it was only Hina's world that was coming to an end was pretty easy. What did surprise me was how Suzuki wasn't the antagonist as I thought he would be.

The unlucky sod was just being used only for his hacking talent and that was pretty much it. I can understand how twisted his personality had become after being treated badly from his god awful parents, but this company that he "works" for has shown their true intention of wanting to get rid of the quantum processor that is keeping Hina alive, which has left Suzuki feeling angry and frustrated.

Despite his warning to Hina, she has already accepted her "fate", it seems. Although Yota's passionate speech was nicely executed, it simply gave the agents a free pass to capturing Hina.

To top this all off, and sadly this is HUGELY glossed over by most people here, was the sad piano only song that played during the ED credits, with the soft sound of rain in the background. It gave me a big vibe to the sad soundtrack of NieR: Automata, and that's big praise coming from me.

Overall, I did expect this discussion to become a bit of a shitstorm, like with Charlotte 5 years ago, so that hasn't changed one bit, annoyingly. For me, I liked this episode, despite the rather rushed changed of pace due of the lack of episodes remaining. Here's hoping that it doesn't go down the same controversial ending route that Charlotte did...
Dec 6, 2020 12:46 PM
Oct 2018
Well... sea part sure was some drugs. The hacker guy's past is some serious forced drama just to humanize it fastly, but ok. Ending of the episode was quite good, the scene was beautiful both in visual and in text and looks like a solid climax for a 7 out of 10 anime. But now, how the hell are they doing 3 more episodes?
Akkarin! Hai!
Dec 6, 2020 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
I thought the comedy was never funny but now I actually miss those comedy episodes. Now it’s just an edgelord, a generic evil organization, endless sci-fi jargons, and a sad attempt at being emotional.

And wow who could've guessed, it's only her world that's ending. Didn't at all see that coming since episode 1.
Dec 6, 2020 2:44 PM

Mar 2014
Enrav1x said:
it's garbage i had high hopes from PA works thought i would get a tear jerker but what did u get
1-7 episode of dog shit slice of life
8-9 episode of some sci-fi dog shit
don't know what will happen next 3 episode this much was enough to give up on this series. If i feel one bit of emotion from last 3 series i will come back and edit this post

I can just agree with you!
It was stated this anime will be the saddest anime ever....and yet...i am laughing about this TV show. I'm sad how badly the anime is produced. I expected a solid story with much emotional driven drama that you can cry about. And what do i feel know? I'm angry.
Saddest anime...what a joke. what an insult against animes:
Kimi No Nawa
Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai
Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou
Clannad
...and so on.
Those animes are sad or have high emotional impact on the watcher. But this anime? Where is the emotional developement for the watcher? I feel like nothing for any character. They are so boring or flat like a chest. The only person i can empathize it's Izanami and her dad with the background story. That was emotional.
MC loves a little girl? Oh yea...call police now.
Our hacker had bad time as children? Oh yea...who was this hacker again?
Hina secret...Oh yea...the reveal feels flat and boring.

The real problem of the anime, it's number of the cast.
Who are they and what's their role in the anime? Their roles are so minor that they don't have any big impact in the show. Even the MC is so minor that he doesn't has any impact yet.
They're are so boring and forgettable...

Such potential in the anime....and it's wasted and thrown away. I'm sad.
Dec 6, 2020 3:55 PM
Nov 2009
Wow ,that was an awful episode...
XhideDec 6, 2020 3:59 PM
Dec 6, 2020 6:36 PM

Oct 2012
raiderublaze said:
One thing to take away from here is that the top brass and private organizations are cruel as fuck. It's immoral on how they will take a normal, innocent girl for a chip that will "possibly" harm their reputation. Evil, despotic fools and Suzuki did regret his decision to unveil Hina.

The computer could do more than just harm their reputation. Consolidation of this much power is dangerous in the wrong hands, especially since Hina has the ability to access seemingly any active network. She could potentially congest and crash many of these networks with how many resources I'm assuming she's using, which would have global impact.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the board's decision. Given that Hina is also a person, there is an ethical component to this. In reality, if something like this were to happen, a decision wouldn't be reached so quickly. There would be multiple consultations with ethics boards, even if Hina were to simply be studied for research.

ProofByColor said:
While a fully working quantum computer will be an incredible achievement, it by no means will be such a dramatic, end of the world type event.

While not a literal end of the world, it could still have large consequences that could disrupt everyday life for people in drastic ways. I have no education in quantum mechanics or computing and only in information networks, but in theory, I believe that a quantum computer could render most if not all sorts of encryption useless. This means that government files, bank information, etc could be accessed.
Dec 6, 2020 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
So this is it, it's finally here, the sad part of the story.
But there's no way to not get attached to these characters, especially after knowing what happened to Hina.

What a sad episode!

I do hope that it won't end like expected by Hina, the hacker guy gotta redeem himself, he will help them. Since he turned to be quite good after all, this is his last chance.

Hina's grandpa is the true MVP of this anime!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 6, 2020 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
am i the only one annoyed that she didn't even try to escape? like meh i know i can't so why bother
Dec 6, 2020 7:56 PM
Mar 2015
The bad guys are ruining everything
Dec 6, 2020 8:03 PM

Mar 2018
Ugh, it's like 4 episodes worth of development crammed into one episode. Didn't feel anything tbh. Can we go back to mindless comedy route please?

Dec 6, 2020 9:03 PM

Nov 2011
I just didnt feel anything with this episode truth be told. So are they just going to take the Computer out and kill Hina or just wait til she dies and then take it out?

Honestly I saw sympathy for Suzuki in this thread but screw him. He's the reason why this is happening all for his own pride. He had to reach for something that was out of reach and now it is making other people miserable.

I also felt the confession was more of a family oriented thing then an actual affection. If it was affection I feel like he wouldn't have added his parents, sister, and friends into the conversation and just himself.
It still might be an actual affection but if it is I feel like the Izanami build up for 8 episodes was thrown out in 1 episode.

Still waiting on the feels.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 6, 2020 9:13 PM
Dec 2020
Mr.Jun Maeda kept his word, this was the most heart-breaking anime of all time . . .
Dec 6, 2020 10:00 PM
Apr 2020
Poor Hiroto, being exploited since the beginning.

Kyouko released her inner Mikasa. lmao

So it really is Hina's world that is about to end and not the entire world. It feels weird tho that Youta and Hina said I love you to each other and blushed. lol. Please explicitly state that it's family-related love and not romantic coz it's confusing. lol

Dec 6, 2020 10:12 PM

Feb 2016
I knew the end of the World was just going to be for "Hina's Wordl" ;-;
What i didn't expected was the fact Hina is basically a living computer!
And, for me, Youta's confesion wasn't a romantic one, I know that, if Hina survives, they will end as a couple, but this really felt like he was meaning he loves her as a family, and she feels the same way.

I fkng HATE Hiroto, they show his backstory so the viewer can feel sad about him and say "Oh, poor kid! He's just a victim!", and that's total bullshit! This bastard sold Hina even knowing they where going to kill her, and after that he immediately felt sorry about it??? Hell no, he cared first about himself being recognised for some fkng corporation, and then, after screwing it all up, he cared about his actions, realising they would 100% end in Hina's death, I hope he fkng dies too!!!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 6, 2020 10:26 PM
Aug 2020
I had to rewatch the episode because I was not sure of my first impression.

And I am not wrong, this episode is trash.

Garbage 3D hack dive story
Useless backstory for the hacker
Hina lives because of some chip
And now she is set to be "executed" and the world is totally fine

The confession is trash aswell, they did not flesh out their mutual feelings enough yet
Dec 6, 2020 10:45 PM
Jul 2020
I still am not completely sure on whats going on but shet i almost cried
Dec 7, 2020 2:02 AM
uwu

Mar 2014
personally didn't like when we have completely SoL anime in the first half but then suddenly have these quantum computers sci-fi tech. Like, they need to make all of these just to justify the drama.
Dec 7, 2020 3:02 AM
Jan 2018
Ngl im unimpressed. This is far from the "saddest anime of all time". Plotwise jun maeda decides to take the easy way out and make it such that only hina's world is ending. Full of cringe moments, overdone melodrama and out-of-place scenes. It's as if the show is begging me to shed tears but im ain't gonna.

This show is a mess...
Dec 7, 2020 3:47 AM

Feb 2017
Ah, Jun Maeda hath Jun Maeda’d. I really should’ve put the tech aspect together between Suzuki, the professor and the ED, but other than that (which the show basically revealed a minute in)... wow this was exactly what I expected.

Actually no, probably worse because it’s even more jarringly sudden and forced than I could’ve guessed. I really hoped I could feel something this time too.

Hina and Yota end up in love, it’s not the world ending but in fact Hina’s life that’s ending, Hina isn’t a god and her only power is predictions, and there’s going to be some supernatural ludicrous bullshit tucked in that I can’t predict. That would be the summary of my episode 1 predictions, and we sure speedran checking them off this episode.

Anyways, since those went so well, here’s a stab at what’s coming next:

Yota uses the connections/friends he made this summer to try and rescue Hina. Obviously, this has no hope in working. Then comes Suzuki, remorseful for his starting of this whole tragic affair in the first place. He ‘switches sides’, and because computers make you Jesus in this world they have some success. Somehow the gang all manages to be ‘useful’ perhaps (e.g., the celebrity uses her clout to distract people or best friend sacrifices himself to give Yota an opening).

Hina’s fate is of course sealed. That computer is out of her head, and she’s back to being mysterious anime diseased. I don’t know if they get to have some time with her before she gets screwed or not. (I’ll guess no, but wheeling around a completely invalid Hina for at least the majority of the coming episodes seems hard?)

Regardless, our heroes get back Hina and are crushed. Yota however still loves Hina regardless. He wheels her around in a wheelchair or whatever, they try to do some things he thinks Hina would want, you can imagine the whole episode probably spent there. They have to watch that movie and get sad about everything all over again, after all.

That might be the ending, with her dying and Yota going off to eventually live a happy life with Izunami. Maybe we get some cliches, like they name the baby after Hina.

That being said, if I know anything... that’s too simple still. Three episodes left? That’s more than enough time for some signature Jun Maeda supernatural bullshit to rear its ugly head once more. I’m operating under the pretence it’s not a happy or even particularly bittersweet ending though, so I don’t have a great read on what the curveball could be.

I have one nagging suspicion though. Yota’s had dreams predicting the future (iirc multiple times, I only remember the token best friend episode (yes I don’t even remember token best friend’s name because aside from that episode he is completely irrelevant)). He’s obviously different than Hina in that he’s completely and utterly normal — maybe too normal? The title is ‘The Day I Became a God’, but Hina became a ‘god’ long before any point in the show. Yota’s parents have unexplained backstory with Hina’s grandfather in which they greatly respect him and are willing to go to great lengths for him — perhaps because they owe him some sort of debt?

All I’m saying is... maybe Hina’s not the only one running around with some absurd computer in their head, and Yota’s is simply better hidden? I have literally no clue how this would take the story anywhere, so maybe it’s just completely wrong. The only thing I can think of is giving it to Hina and leaving Yota in some unfortunate state, and I feel like Yota’s all set up to live out his life so I’m dubious. Something else ridiculous is certainly coming though, and I wouldn’t be shocked if it involves Yota or someone else ‘becoming a god’ (though I could just be reading too much into the title).

EDIT: Actually hang on I’ve missed an obvious potential option. Even if Hina gets saved from this nonsense, it doesn’t matter because she’s dying to mysterious anime disease anyways. Easy tragedy, easy way to draw out some more episodes.
MistralsDec 7, 2020 3:59 AM
Dec 7, 2020 3:48 AM

Feb 2008
So emotional. Reminds me of the time when my 5th grade teacher yelled at me for forgetting my homework. :(
Dec 7, 2020 3:49 AM

Jun 2011
Bravo Maeda... truly the auteur of our times. Making me get a feeling so complicated like no one else can. Truly amazing. 10/10

So this is what they mean by art. I am filled with courage once again. Mr Jun Maeda has inspired me to 黒人 to the girl I love. Thanks.
Dec 7, 2020 3:52 AM

Dec 2018
This episode seem normal for me except that Hina look prettier without that accsessory on her head.
Wow, the world ending is only involved for Hina was right, those who are guessing about it was right after all.

I thought Hina got supernatural power but it's all just some advance technology that her grandpa created.

I feel that Suzuki temporary bodyguard and the CEO are not that bad, they both are just doing their job. Maybe they both will save Hina later...

3 episodes left... I still think Clannad after story is more emotional than this... Have to wait and see hows those 3 more episode goes.
Nikmomo93Dec 7, 2020 3:56 AM

Dec 7, 2020 5:44 AM

Jul 2014
And with this episode, I can now say with 100% certainty that this is by far the worst of Jun Maeda's three original anime. Everything falls flat because it's either contrived, blatantly obvious or both, and because the characters are completely flat and their bonds feel inauthentic at best. For example, Suzuki has had basically zero connection to the rest of the show until last episode, but with his backstory (which is so over the top in terms of both his dialogue and his parents' actions that it's impossible to take seriously on any level) and this episode we're supposed to believe he'd care about this girl he's never even met or interacted enough to use his magic hacking powers to warn her of her impending fate. The love confession, though it has been built up to and was obviously coming, was pathetic cos Yota and Hina have never had romantic chemistry at all and the development of their feelings for each other has also been done very poorly.

It also doesn't help that all of these big developments have been rushed and shoehorned into one episode after 7 episodes of "lol xd so random" comedy with zero purpose. Ultimately, this anime's biggest problem is that nothing here meshes together for a coherent end product, whether it's the two completely different halves to the show, the plot lines of Suzuki and Hina or everything else that's happening; usually, Maeda's shows work so well because those disparate elements of comedy and tragedy are brought together so well in the endgame due to how the comedy makes us care for his characters while also actually progressing the plot.

Here, none of that happens and, without that emotional resonance, all the gaping holes in the writing are exposed.
Dec 7, 2020 7:15 AM

Oct 2020
The scene of confession is so beautiful but...

Why??Why you choose a time of farewell to express yourself?That's too sad.

The defect is also clear.I think Hina is too calm when she was took away.It's weird to see one grieved while the other was calm between the couple.

(——Wait...A couple?You said you love Izanami-san just one week ago.When she didn't get a shot,you even got angry.
——Huh...But the author took so much time to describe Youta and Hina,though I love Izanami-san,she is impossible now.)

Well...three episodes left.How will it go on?Will Youta try to save Hina?I don't think so...The power of government is Invincible.Youta can't have the equal power.But...if Suzuki can help him,we might have a little hope.
[/url]
Dec 7, 2020 7:55 AM
Dec 2019
Sad episode, but idk about that confession, isn't hina underage?
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Dec 7, 2020 10:11 AM

May 2018
Yeah bro you are just a cog in the machine, Suzuki. That is life T_T

also confession came out of nowhere. This isn't the final episode so I guess Hina will be saved

IllegalCyrus said:
Bravo Maeda... truly the auteur of our times. Making me get a feeling so complicated like no one else can. Truly amazing. 10/10

So this is what they mean by art. I am filled with courage once again. Mr Jun Maeda has inspired me to 黒人 to the girl I love. Thanks.

I know right. After watching this wonderful, beautiful, spectamarvelous episode this I feel as if I have transcended as a human being

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeDec 28, 2020 6:51 AM
Dec 7, 2020 3:16 PM
Feb 2014
Well that's pretty much it, I can't see how the show could surprise me at this point.

Personally, I didn't see coming the "self" end of the world, because I couldn't classify what genre this show belongs to: maybe fantastic/surnatural like Angel Beats, but no it's sci-fi...

And yes, I think that you watch one work of Jun Maeda, you have seen them all.
Dec 7, 2020 4:22 PM

Dec 2016
Sondfer said:
-Stray said:
HA! Called it! Knew the end of the world is just Hina’s world.

yeah, but until now she thought that the world's gonna end. I wonder where that came from, did her grandpa put a prediction knowing that MiB will come for her?

nah, there are possibilities that quantum computers are just that powerful, especially since her chip is connected to internet.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 7, 2020 4:56 PM
Nov 2019
Wtf
Apparently i'm the only one that felt this confession kinda pedo...
Dec 7, 2020 5:19 PM
Aug 2020
I liked the episode despite that confession was kind of weird to me, it was more like a confession of feelings of friendship appreciation than a lovers one. Will this turns out sadder and sadder? Well.. I hope so.
Dec 7, 2020 6:23 PM

Aug 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:
Sondfer said:

yeah, but until now she thought that the world's gonna end. I wonder where that came from, did her grandpa put a prediction knowing that MiB will come for her?

nah, there are possibilities that quantum computers are just that powerful, especially since her chip is connected to internet.

It's cringey af. Quantum computers aren't super computers; they are used for very specific computational tasks that classical computers cannot perform within any reasonable timeframe, and certainly not for predicting a horse race or agents showing up lol. The only good thing was they knew of the room temperature aspect.
Dec 7, 2020 8:33 PM

Nov 2017
How unfortunate. You got the bad ending. Everyone dies.

Lowkey that whole hacking shiz put me off. And when the G-men showed up, I was lowkey hoping one of them would just pull out a gun and pop someone, but I think that's a bit too dark for this show. Would've been tragically funny though.
Dec 7, 2020 10:34 PM
Jun 2020
HaXXspetten said:
Also the confession felt really out of place imo. There was barely even any romantic hints or tension between them in the whole show far
I don't think so. From Hina's stirring of her heart in Episode 5 when she thought Youta was about to confess to Izanami to getting relieved after learning no confession has taken place. In Episode 6, Hina's getting jealous of Youta & Izanami interaction to the point where she went on a lolicon boyfriend hunt just to make Youta jealous. In Episode 7, the hug from Youta during the egg filming scene where both were blushing like crazy & after that both lose their composure where they even felt awkward when they were looking directly into their eyes during break along with both of them getting flustered once again. Their relationship is so close that it even made Izanami jealous of Hina. In Episode 8, Youta fidgeting while asking for permission to stay overnight, talking about eloping to Hina during the journey, where she asks him that he is acting like he loves her. Also, Hina says that before she's a God, she's a maiden & advices Youta not to speak this words casually to any other girl whom he's not serious about. Finally, in Episode 9, comes the confession scene (which I still don't believe it's strictly familial) where he says he loves her so much as the sole reason to run away with him, then followed by family & friends love ("Love" can have different meanings when used in different sentences), followed by when Hina is being taken away, she expresses her true feelings to Youta i.e."I love thee, too" aka I love you, too (where "you " is Youta) not "them" which is referred to Youta's family & friends here.
Dec 8, 2020 2:13 AM

Oct 2017
Atavistic said:
And with this episode, I can now say with 100% certainty that this is by far the worst of Jun Maeda's three original anime. Everything falls flat because it's either contrived, blatantly obvious or both, and because the characters are completely flat and their bonds feel inauthentic at best. For example, Suzuki has had basically zero connection to the rest of the show until last episode, but with his backstory (which is so over the top in terms of both his dialogue and his parents' actions that it's impossible to take seriously on any level) and this episode we're supposed to believe he'd care about this girl he's never even met or interacted enough to use his magic hacking powers to warn her of her impending fate. The love confession, though it has been built up to and was obviously coming, was pathetic cos Yota and Hina have never had romantic chemistry at all and the development of their feelings for each other has also been done very poorly.

It also doesn't help that all of these big developments have been rushed and shoehorned into one episode after 7 episodes of "lol xd so random" comedy with zero purpose. Ultimately, this anime's biggest problem is that nothing here meshes together for a coherent end product, whether it's the two completely different halves to the show, the plot lines of Suzuki and Hina or everything else that's happening; usually, Maeda's shows work so well because those disparate elements of comedy and tragedy are brought together so well in the endgame due to how the comedy makes us care for his characters while also actually progressing the plot.

Here, none of that happens and, without that emotional resonance, all the gaping holes in the writing are exposed.

Can't agree more.
This post pretty much sums up exactly what I thought about the show.

I recommend you to write this as a review in the review section as well because this is a very objective analysis of what's wrong with the show and why it falls flat.

Ironically, if the one who's being captured is Izanami and Yuta is confessing to her at that moment, MAYBE the show still has some saving ground.
Ventus_SDec 8, 2020 2:17 AM
Dec 8, 2020 2:18 AM

Mar 2014
So this time we got a retrospective episode with Suzuki. I feel kind of sad for him how he was treated and used by his parents. He's not have an easy life. Also, the episode finally had some action but I think the drama was forced. Kind of wonder what would happen to Hina.
Dec 8, 2020 6:16 AM

Aug 2017
Well, it turned out as we all expected that it would be Hina's world that is going to end.

Still, Hina having a quantum computer chip inside of her came as a shock as I believed that Professor had found some kind of cure and those people will take Hina to do experiments on her.
But this is even worse. This is straight away killing her.

Fucking bastards. I hope Suzuki helps her in some way. He experienced same thing in the past like being forced to do dirty work by his parents and now the so called company so I believe that he'll try to do the right thing.

I only hope that we get a somewhat satisfying ending like we did with Charlotte.

Dec 8, 2020 8:45 AM

Dec 2016
Opticflash said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

It's cringey af. Quantum computers aren't super computers; they are used for very specific computational tasks that classical computers cannot perform within any reasonable timeframe, and certainly not for predicting a horse race or agents showing up lol. The only good thing was they knew of the room temperature aspect.

I could frame my sentence better I just think that quantum computers can have potential to achieve that processing power.
Of course it's hard for me to believe that anyone could pull this off what we see in anime, like changing electrical signal into biological so there was valid computer-brain transfer of information or source of power, even internet speed limit would be obstacle.

Also similarly at the beginning conventional computers were also made for specific task.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 8, 2020 10:21 AM

Mar 2012
Fiction sure knows how to make hacking look speedy and cool even though in reality you need to slow down with your scans to keep a low profile, I lost it at the point the entire thing turned into a battle involving superpowers and all the shouting, never been a fan of battle shounen. The episode was pretty average, didn't really feel anything for the characters even though it was supposed to be sad.
Dec 8, 2020 4:54 PM
Sep 2020
This was a good episode but the world powers all deciding to rip a computer out of a girls head because it's too advanced didn't make sense to me. They know it's stopping her from dying but they all decided the chip was scary enough to basically kill a kid
Dec 8, 2020 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
fawadddd said:
This is my first Jun Maeda work, and suddenly I'm not looking forward to getting around to Angel Beats, Charlotte, Clannad etc. as much as I was before I watched this.

I've only seen Clannad other than this one but I can vouch that Clannad is really good. I'd recommend the VN over the anime, but that's a significantly greater time commitment.
Dec 8, 2020 7:49 PM

Nov 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY DOES BEST BOY HAVE TO BE TORTURED THAT WAY ;_____;

"I'm not your TOOL!"

....UGH, it was like watching Isaac Foster's backstory all over again. Even blood was shed. D:

I liked Suzuki's hacking scene because it's much more visually interesting than watching a computer screen, you know?

We might possibly get a happy ending with three episodes left to go...but it's Maeda-sensei so....yeah maybe it's 50/50.

It feels to me that Youta loves Hina platonically but she loves him romantically...unless they do end up kissing....but that's super rare for Maeda anime. xD

Dec 8, 2020 8:16 PM

Dec 2013
I ended up really disliking this episode. I keep holding up hope that it’ll be good but I keep getting disappointed. Everything felt so forced and unnatural, the cyberworld stuff felt cringey and cliche, the pacing went at light speed compared to other episodes, I felt nothing from the confession, it was oddly melodramatic, and the tone was so incomprehensibly obtuse throughout that it hurt to watch. It felt like watching a kid constantly try to put the cube in the circle hole, but he keeps trying to shove it through over and over. I really want to put my faith in Maeda, but damn it’s just so disappointing right now.
Dec 9, 2020 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
the episode was very dramatic what will happen to Narukami.

Dec 9, 2020 9:25 AM

Nov 2008
Dunno why people are complaining about the pacing...did you want Suzuki to spend 23 minutes hacking instead? xD

I agree that one good half an episode probably could have bonded Hina and Youta closer together but...eh.

It is what it is.

Dec 9, 2020 9:27 PM
Dec 2017
I swear if yota meant that romantically and ends up with her instead of izanami then this anime is stupid and flop hard at trying to be a tearjerker
Dec 10, 2020 7:00 AM
May 2020
no one talking about the age difference between them?! I really hoped this would continue just as a beautiful friendship. Dislike it, but not ready to drop, 'cause I still like Hina
Dec 10, 2020 7:51 AM

Nov 2008
k_l_opes said:
no one talking about the age difference between them?!

Can't be MUCH...the father left Hina at age 7, started a family of his own, and THOSE kids look 7 as well....so Hina has to at least be a teenager?

Unless the anime says otherwise. Betting her full backstory is ep 10.

Even if she is younger...so what?

It's a really 'pure' kind of 'I want you to stay in my life' love, not a 'I'm gonna take you to bed when this is all over' love.

"Love" =/= "sexual intercourse".

Weird how people get so triggered over this stuff nowadays lol
ChiibiDec 10, 2020 8:26 AM

Dec 10, 2020 3:13 PM

Jun 2014
Charlotte and this one are the reason why I wish that Jun Maeda's works are always in 2 cours format.

Imho, one cour can't contain Jun Maeda's pace, comedy, and feels perfectly.
Dec 10, 2020 4:35 PM
Sep 2018
my main problem with this episode is how i saw everything coming a mile away, trivializing the plot. then the fact of how narukami looks like your average isekai mc completely kills the tension and emotion for me
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

307 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

174 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

169 by Talamare »»
May 31, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

166 by stverc »»
May 25, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2020

126 by stverc »»
May 24, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.