Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2019 6:22 AM

Jul 2014
The comedy in this series is horrible, comedy is subjective and it seems some people here find the comedy good but I dont know, compared to other shonen's comedy like Gintama, NNT, DB and YYH as a few examples this series sucks on it.
They dialed this blond dudes quirk of being an obnoxious noisy pussy too much, not to mention his manga fans are fcking obnoxious as well, ofc you readers already like him, YOU'VE READ AHEAD! you know how he develops and how he fights (obv he's strong as seen in the OP with lightning powers and super hearing), but this is an anime thread, dont expect us to relate and understand his character when all we've seen from him is being a loud pussy crybaby, even the characters were disgusted by him, freaking manga elitists.
-StrayJun 18, 2019 6:25 AM
Jun 18, 2019 6:56 AM
Mar 2018
I love kimetsu no yaiba but this episode was pretty horrible in my opinion. The new monster and the swordsman at the end are pretty interesting but everything was ruined by Zenitsu. His shouting and screaming were too much. I am hoping that he is going to calm down and if not so, his appearances will be limited because it's going to be intolerable to watch the show with all that shouting.
Jun 18, 2019 7:53 AM

Aug 2015
Nujabes10 said:
Zenitsu is fucking annoying. Literally one of the worst character introduction I've seen in a long time. Not even remotely funny.
yeah, he is annoying but i think he's gonna change. it's impossible if from now every episode will be like yelling and crying. i hope he'll change himself
btw, anyone find inosuke annoying? XD or is it just me?
dyof00Jun 18, 2019 7:56 AM
Jun 18, 2019 8:45 AM

Aug 2012
dyof00 said:
Nujabes10 said:
Zenitsu is fucking annoying. Literally one of the worst character introduction I've seen in a long time. Not even remotely funny.
yeah, he is annoying but i think he's gonna change. it's impossible if from now every episode will be like yelling and crying. i hope he'll change himself
The appearances often deceive. Just have patience until next week ep
Jun 18, 2019 10:12 AM

Jan 2015
dyof00 said:
Nujabes10 said:

It’s not just you. I find Inosuke way more annoying than Zenitsu for reasons, but he’s still a good character. Tanjirou, Zenitsu and Inosuke are three opposites, but that’s also why their dynamics with one another are so interesting
Jun 18, 2019 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
I laughed in this episode... at Tanjiro's and the little brother's disgust at Zenitsu.
Jun 18, 2019 11:15 AM
May 2015
I too thought the yellow kid was annoying. So much so, I´d have probably dropped the entire thing at the halfway point if Yuki Kajiura's fantastic soundtrack didn't kick in.
I liked this show before, but this character is really the most obnoxious one I´ve seen in ages. Not even remotely funny either.

I guess this episode will be polarizing
Jun 18, 2019 12:33 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The pigman makes his first appearance, he has the potential to be an ally, very eerie looking, to be honest, but something about him gives off a friendly vibe, just like Minecraft's Pigmen. You better not deliver an accidental blow.
Jun 18, 2019 1:52 PM

Oct 2014
GOD I'm a little behind on this show but episode 7 just threw me for a giant double loop like I'm sure it did others. Meeting Kibutsuji so soon but he's got a family who have no idea who he is? Instantly turning someone into a demon to cause a distraction? Asakusa looking like a semi-modern town with trolley and huge buildings? I totally thought this show was supposed to be in the same era as like Dororo, but I guess Tanjiro just lives in a really rural area? Or is this supposed to be a sort of anachronistic version of Japan with old rural villages at the same time as huge semi-modern architecture, transportation and electricity or gas lighting?
Jun 18, 2019 2:19 PM

Aug 2015
Xenocrisi said:
dyof00 said:

It’s not just you. I find Inosuke way more annoying than Zenitsu for reasons, but he’s still a good character. Tanjirou, Zenitsu and Inosuke are three opposites, but that’s also why their dynamics with one another are so interesting

you're right. i'm waiting to see who is stronger - Tanjorou or Inosuke

i don't want to judge anime which is airing, new characters were kinda annoying, but i still enjoyed this episode. we already know that it's not gintama, lol, likening was pointless

i was surprised too when they came to the city, i think author has own idea and the era can be way diffrent than ours, but it's just speculation
Jun 18, 2019 5:52 PM
Jan 2019
1. Zenitsu is irritating and a complete coward 😅. How did he survive until now?
2. Zenitsu's little sparrow is really tender 🐦.
3. How can Tanjiro understand the sparrow?
4. Tanjiro has a sharp sense of smell, and Zenitsu has a sharp ear.
5. I arrived when the boy with the head of a boar appeared. It is something crazy.
6. The skills of the drummer demon are very crazy.
Jun 18, 2019 7:05 PM

Mar 2018
Ok this is actually insane, I don't need to know his thoughts on almost everything that you can just see happening on screen. Sure other BS do this too but not nearly to this extent

What's up with the side characters in this anime, last few episodes we had this demon kid doing the same repetitive shit for 3 episodes and now another one? I thought FMAB was bad with its comedy but this is on a whole other level of trash. Literally asking a random girl to marry him, what a way to introduce a character. You can just tell the author has no idea how to write a character so he just forces him to be a pussy crying for his life all the time, but oh so deep why would he be in the Demon Corps mind blown epic characterization. So this dude has superhuman ears, boar guy is into bestiality maybe?

At least the action is pretty good, and the MC isn't annoying. The cringe when he said his sister was worth more than his own life. Can we maybe get more of his thoughts on that instead of shoving down all his self-evident perceptions. Also couldn't believe he gave all of his food away instead of giving half of it, that's one of the most retarded thing's I've seen.

How does this world even work? Did those kids notify someone or are you telling me they hunted down a kidnapper and the trace of blood he left behind, the next day lol. Very strange shit, it's impossible that all of humanity haven't started executing these demons hundreds of years ago already. Are we ever going to get knowledge on how the country they are in gets governed? Hope it at least
EsquirtitJun 18, 2019 8:08 PM
poop
Jun 18, 2019 8:17 PM

Apr 2018
plutodiplomat said:
Asakusa looking like a semi-modern town with trolley and huge buildings? I totally thought this show was supposed to be in the same era as like Dororo, but I guess Tanjiro just lives in a really rural area? Or is this supposed to be a sort of anachronistic version of Japan with old rural villages at the same time as huge semi-modern architecture, transportation and electricity or gas lighting?
dyof00 said:
i was surprised too when they came to the city, i think author has own idea and the era can be way diffrent than ours, but it's just speculation

This is taisho era, 1920s. Rewatch episode 1 and 4.
Jun 18, 2019 9:49 PM
Apr 2017
LOL the anime captures Zenitsu's freak-out so damn good =)) If it is not because I have read the manga before watching anime, I would definitely hate him for sure, which had happened when I first witnessed his cowardness in the manga. For those who are thinking about dropping the show because of this yellow-haired swordman, please stick with the show since you will find him damn strong and hilarious to the point of being lovable =]]

Another good episode indeed, I really like the animation and the sound effect of this show. It is also very faithful to the original material, while add little touch to elaborate character's emotion and thoughts, and minor cut of unnecessary frames. Enjoyable show indeed.
Jun 18, 2019 10:08 PM

Dec 2016
plutodiplomat said:
GOD I'm a little behind on this show but episode 7 just threw me for a giant double loop like I'm sure it did others. Meeting Kibutsuji so soon but he's got a family who have no idea who he is? Instantly turning someone into a demon to cause a distraction? Asakusa looking like a semi-modern town with trolley and huge buildings? I totally thought this show was supposed to be in the same era as like Dororo, but I guess Tanjiro just lives in a really rural area? Or is this supposed to be a sort of anachronistic version of Japan with old rural villages at the same time as huge semi-modern architecture, transportation and electricity or gas lighting?

It hard for us to even believe how difference thing was just 20-30 years ago.Remember that Japan modernize very quickly compare to Western country, but most of that modernization was focus in big city while the countryside basically stuck in the medieval. Heck, even in Europe back then the difference between big city and the country side still very large, it like 2 difference century.
Jun 19, 2019 7:56 AM

Aug 2015
Jfs_ said:
plutodiplomat said:
Asakusa looking like a semi-modern town with trolley and huge buildings? I totally thought this show was supposed to be in the same era as like Dororo, but I guess Tanjiro just lives in a really rural area? Or is this supposed to be a sort of anachronistic version of Japan with old rural villages at the same time as huge semi-modern architecture, transportation and electricity or gas lighting?
dyof00 said:

This is taisho era, 1920s. Rewatch episode 1 and 4.

ohh, you're right. unbelievable
Jun 19, 2019 10:33 AM
Apr 2014
For me Zenitsu was quite annoying because this guy soooo noisy and infantile. But he was calm and really cute in the moment when he shared his food with Tanjirou. I hope for development of Zenitsu. It's gonna be interesting.
Jun 19, 2019 2:58 PM

Feb 2018
Well Zenitsu, I must say you were extremely annoying. He definitely provided some comic relief and some great meme slates but I'm hoping the crying will be toned down a bit.
However, THE SPARROW, so cute!!!

This new demon's new power is very fascinating, I can't wait to see how powerful it is.
Also, those damn kids, leaving our lovely Nezuko all alone!
Jun 19, 2019 6:34 PM

Jul 2016
Zenitsu is really annoying and I get he's for comedic relief, but he constantly yells and has yet to do anything useful. I feel sorry for Teruko's brother, who got stuck with him.
Jun 20, 2019 7:59 AM

Apr 2014
This ep was really annoying with all those Zenitsu faces/yelling...
Jun 20, 2019 9:03 AM
Nov 2014
my ears are hurting me because of screaming , that's not nice or funny. he is like Asta ( Asta version 2 ) .
i dislike this episode , i hope i will never hear this noisy again
Jun 20, 2019 9:19 AM

Mar 2015
This is the first episode that I disliked from this series. I sure do hope that Zenitsu has more redeeming qualities other than being able to share food because the attempt at comic relief that he provides in this episode is pretty irritating. The character at the end of the episode seems interesting enough though.

"𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴? 𝘠𝘰𝘶’𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦’𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵."

Jun 21, 2019 3:47 AM

Aug 2015
i kinda hated zentisu at the first part but he was funny at the second part of the episode one thing for sure he's not as annoying as asta from black clover thank the lord!
also, the boar masked guy already looking like a boss!
overall good episode but it really lacks nezuko cuteness.
Jun 21, 2019 5:26 AM

Feb 2019
My god Zenitsu is so fucking extra, i like him already.

The comedy in this episode is over the top. Yet they also manage to give me chills with the intense scenes. Probably my favorite episode so far
Jun 21, 2019 8:13 AM
Oct 2017
Was the fiance girl voiced by the same voice of Kaguya in Love is War? Koga Aoi? that cute high pitched voice was so distinct
Jun 21, 2019 12:47 PM
Jul 2017
Which day of the week comes out the new episode???
Jun 21, 2019 6:05 PM
Aug 2013
Personally I was dreading this coming around based on what the Intro spoiled for us since the beginning, nothing against Zenitsu I think characters like him can work wonders but the chemistry between Nezuko and Tanjirou I was just wishing for an anime that focuses on there relationship and the brief interactions with those they meet along the way while still only being these two together
Jun 21, 2019 8:30 PM

Jan 2013
It was a great episode but this guy is so annoying, i really hope that he will be useful in the future.
At least the guy with the boar mask looks useful.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 21, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2008
JooVieira5 said:
Which day of the week comes out the new episode???

comes on saturday evening [at least for me]
The spider is watching
Jun 22, 2019 10:36 AM

Mar 2018
I know that Zenitsu is supposed to be funny but that character is just bloody annoying and ruined for me the whole episode.
Jun 22, 2019 12:38 PM

Jul 2008
Zenitsu really doesn't have a clue
Jun 22, 2019 12:39 PM
Mar 2015
Its is a battle royale. The first 2 boys have taken down their demon.
Jun 22, 2019 8:31 PM

Apr 2012
Has anyone ever noticed that Nezuko was left outside in broad daylight. The poor girl is probably wondering why everything around her suddenly became quiet. This heinous crime should not be tolerated.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 23, 2019 1:45 AM

Feb 2008
Well, here is the point where Kimetsu no Yaiba turns into another Shounen Jump series, I suppose.

I don't mind the comedy so much... in small doses. But the serious atmosphere and lone traveler/Nezuko dynamic-- sort of like an action version of Mushishi-- was a lot more appealing. For a show that was brooding in atmosphere, this could easily lead to things going from good to mediocre.
Jun 23, 2019 5:19 PM

Jun 2015
zenitsu annoys me a bit but im sure he'll get his courage and development eventually. i get he's comedic relief right now but yikes dude..
and we got matsuoka here too, i know that voice
Jun 24, 2019 9:45 PM

Dec 2016
And that's where I drop the show.
Jun 25, 2019 1:37 PM

May 2009
SSL443 said:
And that's where I drop the show.

You know you are dropping right before two deuteragonists join regular cast?
Jun 25, 2019 3:24 PM

Dec 2016
bastek66 said:

That's fine, I'm sure they'll be just as generic and forgettable as the rest of the cast.
Jun 29, 2019 4:04 PM

Apr 2015
Zenitsu's character is fucking hilarious! Also the character I have been waiting for appeared. The boar headed guy, when I saw he was getting voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, I was looking forward to his introduction and it was everything I expected!!
Jun 30, 2019 8:33 AM

Apr 2009
Zenitsu is quite the character. I feel like he's a combo of Sanji and Usopp from One Piece! LOL

So the boar headed guy is a Demon Slayer too?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 30, 2019 3:43 PM

May 2014
SSL443 said:
bastek66 said:

That's fine, I'm sure they'll be just as generic and forgettable as the rest of the cast.

Fanboys: "If you don't like it you should drop it"

Also fanboys: "You shouldn't drop it yet even if you don't like it"

Lol, they come out with something new every time.
Jun 30, 2019 7:09 PM

Dec 2016
Rhapsody- said:

Basically, saying anything negative about a show is not allowed.
Jun 30, 2019 9:33 PM

May 2009
SSL443 said:
Rhapsody- said:

Basically, saying anything negative about a show is not allowed.

At least back up your opinions with interesting arguments. Also watch more anime.
Jul 4, 2019 1:55 AM

Oct 2008
This is glorious because Agatsuma & Hashibira appeared in a single episode!
5/5.

Jul 6, 2019 4:11 PM

Mar 2010
That whiny bastard's only skill is to break nigiri into perfect halves.

haven't seen such an annoying character for a long time.
Jul 8, 2019 1:34 AM

Aug 2017
I didn't like Zenitsu so much. His comedy is a bit forced.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 19, 2019 9:51 AM

Feb 2017
Zenitsu is really strange, no idea how he made it this far. So far not really a fan of his character
Jul 23, 2019 1:25 AM

Aug 2013
Holy fuck, Zenitsu is absolute cancer. Worst character introduction ever. Wasn't even comedic, just cringey and annoying.
He actually makes Asta in Black Clovers first episode seem less annoying.
Jul 27, 2019 10:34 PM

May 2013
Poor Nezuko's always getting left behind ;A;

Yellow Mop Hair Boi getting lectured by a normal human kiddo. So lame hahahah. No shame ;P

ENTER: ABARAI RENJI
Jul 30, 2019 3:15 AM

Jul 2013
The comedy in this show is really hit or miss, unfortunately it's 80% miss. It's forced, out of place, and generally not funny. It's like they're in a life or death situation and then boom stupid jokes out of nowhere. They can't pull it off the way Gintama does
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

281 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1095 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.