Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2019 4:29 AM

Oct 2017
So goooooooood!!! Gosh Krone is super creepy and her agility is scary. Ugh I love this anime!!!!
Jan 25, 2019 4:34 AM

Oct 2017
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I get that they're repurposing a lot of the inner monologues into dialogue to better suit the medium but did they really have to introduce the weird baby doll for Sister Krone's? Like, it's okay to have an actual inner monologue from time to time.

Yeah, it seems like they're deliberately trying to avoid inner monologues which is a strange choice considering the content of the manga. Maybe the director has something against them? Heavy inner monologues have worked well in the past; Death Note was only as good as it was because of Light's monologues, I don't see a good reason for them to be completely cut from this adaptation.
That aside, I'm still really enjoying this.
Jan 25, 2019 5:12 AM

Mar 2018
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I get that they're repurposing a lot of the inner monologues into dialogue to better suit the medium but did they really have to introduce the weird baby doll for Sister Krone's? Like, it's okay to have an actual inner monologue from time to time.
Are you telling me they choose having her scream like a retard in a room over inner monologue damn I dont read the manga but I can easily tell this is a weak adaptation. It seems like they only care about the big moments like the first reveal, jumpscares and the game of tag
poop
Jan 25, 2019 5:19 AM

Oct 2014
bro, forget the demons, sister krone looks like she eats children for breakfast
Jan 25, 2019 5:28 AM

Sep 2011
The camera angles make me so nervous! It's like they are being watched while talking about their plans and discoveries, and if this is the atmosphere they are going for, as it most certainly is, the direction is doing a good job!

Oh, Emma's despair as she realized that she can't even trust the people she wants to save was palpable; and that sister is very, very creepy. She seems to be a "bit" crazy too, but it would be weirder/scarier if she was as "sane", and calm as their "mom." Welp, The buildup has been good so far, here's hoping for an amazing payoff when something happens. I mean, besides this silent and almost suffocating, but very compelling "battle."
Jan 25, 2019 6:24 AM

Dec 2008
People saying it's kind of rushed, but the anime has its own pacing, and considering how I haven't read the manga, I'm liking the pace of the story!!

I'm actually getting more hooked so I might as well start reading the manga soon haha ;u;
Jan 25, 2019 6:27 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Pretty good episode but ... idk, i feel like they are trying a little bit too hard to make Krone crazy ?
Jan 25, 2019 7:04 AM

Sep 2018
That episode was "OK" i would say i like the build up with the clash between both sisters but what i am sure after this episode is that this show has a good story but the Characters are so far not that great Ray and Norman are way to intellegent for there age (you can say they got trained for this ok),and that especially ray is way to rational for a 11 year old, but maybe this will be solved the same way as Mikasas Characters problem in SnK Manga (i mean Chapter 112) we have to wait how it turns out...

overall this episoden wasnt creepy and thats maybe beacuse sister Krones running style is just funny and overall she is just way too crazy,i hope we get to see why she is so crazy because no Human being is born being so insane and maybe she has something from her childhood that made her act this way or something i dont know but when she doesnt get any development that would be such a waste
Jan 25, 2019 7:08 AM
Apr 2017
LiedElfen said:
PumpkinSpicePie said:

Oh! I understand now! I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your use of 'worst' with it meaning the show is irredeemable, not simply inferior to the show. I misinterpreted you as one of the haters.

Then so I do agree with you that the show right now isn't as enjoyable as the manga is, yet I also agree that it's still pretty enjoyable.

I'm sorry again for misinterpreting what you were saying.

Don't worry as it is understandable to mistaken because there is growing a base of "haters" of the anime so far, those people that only say things like "this adaptation has been poor, they have skipped too much...", the things is that taking the anime as it's own medium it has been an enjoyable show so far with three episodes shown been good and even great. I hope that going forward it becomes so good as to pleasure even the" haters".

Me too! Let's all hope for the best!
Jan 25, 2019 7:31 AM

Jun 2013
Yes, it's getting rushed but remember they only have about 12 episodes to deal with. How much do you think they can fit in? Anyways, I believe they'll create a second season if this season does well.

I think it's still enjoyable. I've read the manga several times and honestly, with Anime adaptations, I'm used to it. It is rare for an Anime adaptation to be true to its source material. They do have a budget after all and it's not going to be perfect, it was never meant to be perfect so it's natural people would complain.

Krone is one of my favorite characters in the series, I like how they made her seem somewhat scary in the Anime adaptation. I'm looking forward to more episodes in the future.

bobbyboiii said:
So this is how it's going to be? Manga readers playing spot the difference and calling the anime trash?

The anime is its own thing, with its own pacing and directorial decisions. They're obviously trying to stand apart from the manga. Just because something was "cut" from this episode, doesn't mean it's going to be left behind. Doubly so for all the "important plot points" that manga readers are crying about.

Trying to judge the quality of this anime by how faithful it is to the pacing and style of its written counterpart is ludicrous. It would be more apt to judge it on it's own merits. What has been shown so far in the anime has been incredible.

THIS. I completely agree with you. I read manga and watch Anime and I don't bitch about everything they left out. I see them as two separate things, one being the original and one as an adaptation.

Also, I highly doubt people complaining actually do anything to help out the Anime and manga industry. A lot of them are either watching it on an illegal streaming site or torrenting files.
臭い-
Jan 25, 2019 8:54 AM

Oct 2014
So, the Sister used the game of tag to identify them, huh... :'3 she's scary af. I can't blame Emma for giving in under the pressure ><
Jan 25, 2019 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
Sister Krone is so much nope, and I thought Mama was creepy.
Jan 25, 2019 9:22 AM
Jan 2016
Really that playing tag with Sister was really scary, man...look how athletic that Sister...she just like a lion searching for her prey...and there's traitor, man...I think the girl with round glasses is the traitor, I think her name is Gilda...
Jan 25, 2019 9:27 AM

May 2017
My boyfriend and I are having so much fun with this. He's one to binge shows that are really intense (we finished Haikyuu and the first season of Boku no Hero within a couple weeks) so it's hard watching this week to week c":
Jan 25, 2019 9:40 AM

Jun 2015
man this is when weekly shows are hard to watch, im so interested in finding out what's gonna happen
Jan 25, 2019 10:19 AM

Jan 2015

great episode⠀⠀⠀
ResonanceJan 25, 2019 10:42 AM
Jan 25, 2019 10:41 AM
Jun 2013
This is AOTY for me already, the only anime I was really looking forward to. ^-^ I just love it, I'm also one of those who haven't read the manga. After reading the opinions of the those who commented here, I won't until the anime finishes. I don't want to ruin the experience for me.
One more thing: since the animation always gets fixed for the Bluray, unless it's so ugly that you cannot watch it, I don't mind.

Example: (TV/BD)
Jan 25, 2019 10:43 AM

Dec 2018
I got so emotional when Emma and trio came up with the strategy of playing tag with the kids to build muscles and cues of how to escape, then Sister Krone (what ever her name is) crushes pretty much trio plan with her finding everyone in record speed.
literally no fair !!

Again this anime is shaping to be 2019 greatest hit show!!
Feel free to check my anime list profile and my twitter account The Future Is Ani1!! For all things anime!! I hope you have great day!!
Jan 25, 2019 11:15 AM

Aug 2016
schrita said:
This is AOTY for me already, the only anime I was really looking forward to. ^-^ I just love it, I'm also one of those who haven't read the manga. After reading the opinions of the those who commented here, I won't until the anime finishes. I don't want to ruin the experience for me.
One more thing: since the animation always gets fixed for the Bluray, unless it's so ugly that you cannot watch it, I don't mind.
[/img]

Yeah the best thing is, I think, to finish the anime and only then read the manga to find out about all the details.

Btw, that screenshot made me laugh pretty hard. At first I thought they were screenshots from different anime lol!
Jan 25, 2019 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
the anime ls predecible
Jan 25, 2019 1:50 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The fact that there may be other farms like this sure is a chilling thought. Though the addition of Krone is a threat its nice that she and the mother seem to have bad relations. Krone though sure is creepy. Still that was quite the creative method the enemy used to place trackers inside them though. Using tag to help train the kids sure was an interesting idea. Krone though is more cunning than you give her credit for. The game of tag though sure was a tense one. Krone's speed combined with her cunning made her a formidable opponent. An interesting ep that did well to show how the trio are starting to plan out their moves. At the same time this ep also did well to introduce the character of Krone as well. With her here things sure got more complicated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2019 3:19 PM

Dec 2016
The game of tag was fun and well done, another really good episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 25, 2019 3:42 PM

Jul 2014
Wow this was a pretty good episode. I like the pacing, I don't find it too rushed. And I don't find Emma annoying at all lol. All three of them are really good characters but I think I like Norman the most. I find him the most stable one to make decisions.

I dunno. I'm seriously thinking I should stop looking in this forum because most of the comments are trashing the way they did this anime. From a non-manga reader I enjoy it very very much so far so...
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Jan 25, 2019 5:09 PM

Feb 2017
Oz1888 said:
kater_tot said:
This episode gave me chills of absolute horror! Sister Krone is creepy af! Ray, Emma and Norman are the dream team, man! They work so well together and cover each others weaknesses... but Emma's downfall is definitely gonna her kindness

Sister Krone looks like a disney vilain, she even sings ... Mom is way creepier imo.

AyumiVk said:

Also why did they cut this :(

well i haven't read the manga so thank you, seems important enough not to be left out.
Haven't read the manga but fuck how could they leave that out, that would of been badass to have in the anime.
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Jan 25, 2019 5:19 PM

Dec 2014
the black maid is cart as AF
Jan 25, 2019 5:24 PM
Jan 2019
I don't remember sister krone being this crazy on the manga but I dig it. Also, the game tag was exactly what I've expected. So far, so good to me...
Jan 25, 2019 5:25 PM

Apr 2016
Krone is fucking creepy
Jan 25, 2019 7:38 PM

Aug 2013
cloverworks fuckin sucks
Jan 25, 2019 7:49 PM
Dec 2018
I really have enjoyed this anime, even though its only three episodes in. I'm excited to see all the prep and plans they will come up with. I don't quite know how they will make it with all the younger ones. Also I'm curious to see and try to guess who the spy is.
Jan 25, 2019 7:54 PM

Dec 2017
Oh God, I love Mama Isabella <3

HorokeuAburame said:
I dunno. I'm seriously thinking I should stop looking in this forum because most of the comments are trashing the way they did this anime. From a non-manga reader I enjoy it very very much so far so...
The anime has been really enjoyable so far for me, even though I am a manga reader myself; it has been faithful to the manga so far, unlike many series like Tokyo Ghoul which felt more like recap episodes lol
So, I guess it depends on the individual.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 25, 2019 8:51 PM

Feb 2014
To think that there was other plant as well...

What a strange world they live in....

11/10
Jan 25, 2019 9:27 PM

Oct 2016
So she cut holes in... leaves, and left them in the middle of the forest? Can't think of a trap more inconspicuous than an odd-looking leaf in a forest. I would think candy would be better bait, if only a tad cliche. Was this explained better in the manga? That just seems silly.
Jan 25, 2019 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, that sister running after damn looks scary af xD I don't know how the kids aren't scared of her xD
They are rushing a little but maybe there was no other way.

I wasn't expecting the traitor part for sure, i doubt it's the glasses girl because that would be too obvious.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 25, 2019 11:46 PM
Jan 2019
Things that make me want to watch the show more:
- caretakers established as credible threat (finally). The smarter kids are established as a match for at least the new maid
- interesting dynamic between the villains, including the new maid and the monster council thing
- the new maid in particular is another completely different and refreshing brand of disgusting

Things that made me want to watch the show less:
- 12 years old kids from a totally sheltered backwater upbringing directly reference what was and wasn't possible in 2015 tech.
- The new maid is shouting at the top of her lungs about how she EVIL in a room that isn't even properly soundproofed.
- The same new maid openly talking about the orphanage's secret in front of not just the one kids she suspects knows, but also in front of two other kids
- The hide-and-seek-and-tag session is shown as this battle to the death for no reason whatsoever (there were no stakes in losing for kids at all. In fact, they should have just lost so as to deny the maid information)

Not dropped as of ep.3 :D
Not expecting anything great, though.
malMaxiJan 25, 2019 11:52 PM
Jan 25, 2019 11:46 PM

Apr 2018
longkazama said:
Gosh that woman crept the hell out of me.

Not gonna lie.. I was scared sh!3tless watching it and then I happened to be scrolling down comments too fast and saw your signature--scared the bejizz out of me for a sec 'cause of the eyes. Had to calm my heart down and laughed.

Note to self: don't watch this in the middle of the night if you're scared like me lol
Jan 26, 2019 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
Imagine someone having read 100+ chapters of a manga

and then opens an episode discussion thread of its anime adaptation like below:

MAL forum moderators would probably not care if someone opened a discussion thread with "the sun rises in the east and sets in the west".
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 26, 2019 2:40 AM
May 2018
So no body gonna talk about a very important panel in the manga that was skipped from chapter 3?!

Also, I've seen some comments here that are confused about the how the children comes to this conclusion "there is a traitor" without any leads or "about the year 2015".

And then some people get mad at us complaining about the adaptation.
This adaption subpar deal with it,
and to think I had my hopes up smh.
TiaguraJan 26, 2019 2:51 AM
Jan 26, 2019 4:44 AM

Aug 2017
Intense but entertaining episode. I like Sister Krone, she is very funny and scary at the same time.

About the demons, who is Him?

So, there is a traitor, I think that
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 26, 2019 5:31 AM
Jan 2019
Longing4Abyss said:
1- In the manga they talk about how all the books they've ever read are from 2015. This dialogue is cut in the anime.
2- This scene doesn't exist in the manga. In the manga everyone is planning everything inside their heads, so you read their inner thoughts the entire time. In the anime they got rid of all inner thoughts, getting rid of the psychological aspect of the story.
3- This makes better sense in the manga.
4- In the manga they say they'll train all the other kids for the escape by using the game of tag as practice. Again, this dialogue is cut in the anime.

Blame CloverWorks, they ruin everything. Drop the anime and read the manga, you won't regret it at all.

I can see how 1-3 can potentially make better sense in a different context.
Point 4 is wrong - they do mention in anime that the game of tag is for the sake of training kids. However, it still doesn't make sense. If the goal is to train other kids, there is no advantage to fighting seriously with the maid once these kids have already lost.
Jan 26, 2019 5:31 AM

Jun 2017
This episode has some really tense moments. Mind games and conspiracies. I'm looking forward for more.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 26, 2019 5:33 AM

Jan 2015
It was not that creepy this episode it had mind games. I'm waiting for a child to be eaten lol.
Jan 26, 2019 5:41 AM

Aug 2016
malMaxi said:

I can see how 1-3 can potentially make better sense in a different context.
Point 4 is wrong - they do mention in anime that the game of tag is for the sake of training kids. However, it still doesn't make sense. If the goal is to train other kids, there is no advantage to fighting seriously with the maid once these kids have already lost.

In the manga it makes sense because the main trio is doing it to prepare things for the escape: Emma is checking if she can escape bringing two kids with her (and, as in the anime, she finds out she can't), while Norman and Ray are checking if they are able to sneak behind sister Krone to kill her. So they are treating the game of tag like a simulation of their escape, so yeah it has to be serious.
Jan 26, 2019 5:51 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode! I need to read the manga

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Jan 26, 2019 6:32 AM

Dec 2009
Mama said that she's able to send the kids anytime, then why doesn't she send the ones that found out about the farm already? Or is she waiting for them to be 12 years old? (idk what age they were)

Idk if this was mentioned, avoiding reading cause these topics seem very spoilery..
Jan 26, 2019 7:54 AM

Jun 2017
Meh. I mean it's okay. I'm all for psychological thrillers, but there's nothing thrilling about watching people stand around and talk for two episodes. Sister Krone is more annoying than creepy in my opinion. At least the training was somewhat interesting.

My Anime Blog
Jan 26, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2015
At first I wondered why they didn't show Krone to be terrifying but in hindsight, when she her face got zoomed in at the hide and seek with emma bit, I could kinda understand why now, which was timed perfectly in all honesty. And as far as I can remember, the manga sees Krone in the earlier chapters as scary and literally screams an enemy, doesn't feel the same way as the anime, although I think the anime did well for the most part. There are some annoying panning shots here and there but overall pretty good
Jan 26, 2019 10:16 AM

Jul 2012
Sister Krone is waaaay more flamboyant than in the manga lol I wish they made her scarier and serious. I mean, the comedy is fine and all, but sometimes it was too much.
And the exposition as well. They could handle that a little diferently. She could talk it out with the doll, but trying to show her cunning self more visually would be nice.
But overall an okay episode. I always liked this 'playing tag tactic' in the manga.
Nooow, who is the traitor? OwO

Jan 26, 2019 10:25 AM
Oct 2017
Manga readers are kinda ruining this show for me, though they ARE selling me on the manga. I mean, I think the show is actually pretty darn good, but if you say it can be BETTER, then that's a true disappointment.
TheSteelSamuraiJan 26, 2019 10:29 AM
Jan 26, 2019 10:55 AM

Aug 2016
TheSteelSamurai said:
Manga readers are kinda ruining this show for me, though they ARE selling me on the manga. I mean, I think the show is actually pretty darn good, but if you say it can be BETTER, then that's a true disappointment.

You just have to watch the anime and be amazed, and then read the manga and be amazed even more ;)
Jan 26, 2019 12:29 PM
Oct 2016
Loved the episode, we got more world building and there was a few intense moments here too.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

574 by biancchi77 »»
Sep 17, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

281 by Fabio_lopess »»
Jul 28, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

296 by Fabio_lopess »»
Jul 28, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2019

240 by MrList »»
Jul 5, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2019

234 by MrList »»
Jul 5, 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.