Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 24, 2014 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
Gekkou is a little over the top in terms of being evil, but the idea that his reason is "shallow" or because Takeshi cockblocked him is ridiculous.

Didn't we just see that Isoshima basically developed some Helen of Troy mojo in middle school? Gekkou was most likely under the influence of it as well, so I'm guessing it was less of a crush and more of a weird love obsession. Then, he finds out that Takeshi is dating her (after presumably not showing any romantic interest in her before) and decides that Takeshi is taking advantage of her in her moment of vulnerability. Then he gets accidentally pushed in front of a car. Even if he later learned that Takeshi was only pretending to date Isoshima, there is still plenty there to hold onto a mighty grudge in a certain frame of mind. I'm trying to skirt around calling Gekkou crazy, but he's clearly fixated. That's not shallow, that's a depth of feeling that borders on pathological.
Jan 24, 2014 11:59 PM

Nov 2012
DAT PAST! it must be really scary... :/
I hope they really will going out for real in the future :3
mui has a good body! ._. really suprised with this one..
and takeshi.. hope he can control his weapon :3
Jan 25, 2014 12:28 AM

May 2011
Gekkou's hate and obsession is definitely going to be a problem later in the series, but I'm wondering why their mom hates Takeshi. And where is the dad? There has to be something running deeper than with what happened to Gekkou.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2014 1:59 AM

Jul 2012
When Takeshi told Isoshima she should transform into a little girl I feel out of my chair laughing.

So all the bumps in that somewhat fake relationship between those two.

Great episode!!!
Jan 25, 2014 2:08 AM
Jan 2014
can someone do a poll of who would takeshi end up with?
Jan 25, 2014 2:35 AM

Oct 2013
I feel like its too early for this kind of episode. We barely got to know the characters and now there's already a love triangle episode?

Kurumi looks like she's obsessed with her fake relationship with Takeshi.

I don't understand what's up with Takeshi's family especially his mother. She doesn't even care that her son is gone. And her brother's reason for hating him is kinda ridiculous.

Better than the previous episodes but I want some action in the upcoming episodes. That's the only reason I'm gonna watch this show cause its starting to get boring. Plus I want to hear Mui's voice again.
Jan 25, 2014 3:53 AM

Dec 2011
Daww...

Takeshi x Kurumi. Make it official. Make it real. Please...

Lots of backstory and exploring of the relationships between the characters, which is always a good thing.

I bet that thing that Gekkou came out with was exactly what he had hoped to do.
kuuderes_shadowJan 25, 2014 3:57 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 25, 2014 5:23 AM

Jan 2013
There was one thing I didn't get. Did mc push gekkou away from the car or into the car? xD
Who had the accident? I assume it was Gekkou, but if he pushed him away, how? :o
Jan 25, 2014 5:48 AM

Mar 2013
Blind_Guardian said:
If anyone's read the light novels, can someone put in a spoiler tag or a private message whether or not the useless bitch gets dumped in favor of the awesome girl? Or link me to a place I can find the answer? My Google Fu is producing zilch, and I wanna know whether to invest the time in watching this crap any further.

EDIT: From what I can see,

Jan 25, 2014 5:53 AM
Oct 2012
CNagy said:
Didn't we just see that Isoshima basically developed some Helen of Troy mojo in middle school? Gekkou was most likely under the influence of it as well, so I'm guessing it was less of a crush and more of a weird love obsession.

Another thing is that Takeshi DID push Gekkou into the car. In the split second before the accident Takeshi's eyes went dull, which means that someone or thing possessed him or compelled him through magic at that moment to push Gekkou. So Gekkou has very good reason to hate him.

I really like your explanation, and it might be exactly what the author was going for in the novels. It would explain a great deal of motivation.

What we are going to find out is that Takeshi is been targeted by magicians for several years, most likely because he either is one of the great wizards from the war (whether a reincarnation, or possessing some of their power I don't know) and some other wizards are targeting him. His "mother" knows this, and this will explain why she is acting the way she is.

That Mui and her brother showed up at the school was not a coincidence. Mui may not be aware of anything, but it was not a coincidence, it is connected to the mystery of who Takeshi really is. This would also explain why he and his friends all got their powers so quickly - they were already part of that world. Indeed I think this explains Kurumi's situation, her powers had manifested then, and that was what attracted all those stalkers, Takeshi's powers also began to manifest and somehow it blocked her powers.

While I think this is all in the novel, the problem has been with the adaption. Take Kurumi, that she had this back story was completely undercut by the breast augmentation of the first episode. That typed her as a different character (comedic not tragic) and they underplayed the Takeshi/Gekkou dynamic too much that most people really didn't care about the scene (and hence did not get that for Gekkou, Takeshi actually did push him).

I think I get why the author didn't want an animation, you can do this subtlety in print, a good writer can keep you interested while all this develops, but animation is very different, subtlety does not translate well, as such what a good writer can make interesting, the adaptation makes it seem disjointed.
Jan 25, 2014 6:10 AM

Aug 2013
@Takuan_Soho: Interesting point you have there. I watched and re-watched that car sequence. When Takeshi's eyes went dull, I was thinking a) was it because he heard there's an oncoming car and tried to save Gekkou or b) he knew there was an oncoming car and he pushed Gekkou into its path.

I don't know...this just feels like a contrived mess.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 25, 2014 6:22 AM
Oct 2012
xchee said:
I don't know...this just feels like a contrived mess.

While I am 99% sure we will find that he was possessed or something, I am 100% sure that your point about this show being a mess is true :-)
Jan 25, 2014 6:52 AM

Mar 2013
The anime to be honest is pretty bad.

You have to remember what Kurumi routinely goes though which wasn't shown to well in the anime, Takeshi who doesn't realise he loves her at frist does not want to force Kurumi into a corner and become just another man harassing her, while Kurumi loves Takeshi she doesn't know how he feels due to the way he acts, she's also very insecure and didn't really want to change the comfort zone thats grown around the fake relationship that zone is shattered when Mui entered the scene with the kiss (even if it wasn't real) and with Takesh calling her by frist name which implies something is going on between them.

Jan 25, 2014 7:53 AM
Feb 2013
Whoa, the love triangle is getting intense, man, Kurumi being victimized by a stalker? geez, here in Mexico, we deal with like they're gonna wish that they were never born.
Jan 25, 2014 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
Okay so from what I've read here, the light novel looks to be a lot better than the anime adaptation. Could someone link / PM me to a translation of it?
Jan 25, 2014 9:43 AM

Sep 2009
This anime is painful to watch.. Meh I can finally drop it.
Jan 25, 2014 10:55 AM

Oct 2012
Nice background for main character, not only that, but I would say this was the first real good episode in this series. I only fear those future battles would be over those petty quarells.
And somehow, I favor Kurumi cause she really loves MC but my thoughts are she would be left heartbroken as Mui sparked his interest earlier.
Jan 25, 2014 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
Mich666 said:
Nice background for main character, not only that, but I would say this was the first real good episode in this series. I only fear those future battles would be over those petty quarells.
And somehow, I favor Kurumi cause she really loves MC but my thoughts are she would be left heartbroken as Mui sparked his interest earlier.

Apparently from what I've read in spoilers, Kurumi becomes the center of this series plot. So maybe she'll get better development later on. I actually prefer her over Mui simply because her love for Takeshi is unfounded at this point. I don't buy into that whole sight of first love bs.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 25, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
blonde girl, best girl
Jan 25, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2013
It seems that for those like me, who had never heard of this before the anime started and haven't read the LN, we're getting something different out of the story than what should be there according to the info I've gathered from those who have read the LN. Which means, either this anime is going to go in a different direction, or the animators are all blundering morons.

I'm assuming a little of both, I don't expect this anime to follow the LN plot very much at all, nor do I expect the plot to make much sense until the animators find their groove. However, the important bits that *must* be used from the LN should be handled with more care than they are apparently getting.

Take all of this talk about the Gekkou/Takashi background, it seems like everyone got something different from it and those that have read the LN are trying to make sense of it with their knowledge of the LN's story, while those(like me) who aren't familiar with the LN are just trying to make sense out of what's been revealed so far in the anime.

It's giving conflicting opinions on important characters, and causing illogical interaction between some of the main characters. For instance, I guess I'm supposed to feel bad for Kurumi because of her past, but I don't, because the way it was presented to me offered nothing to make me feel anything for her at all. And, it did nothing to make me feel any less annoyed at the way she treats Takashi.

Then, the background we were given about Gekkou and Takashi, it presented nothing that makes any sense to me. If Gekkou was pushed in front of that car, shouldn't he be dead, or crippled, or walking with a limp or something? You don't get pushed in front of a car and come out perfectly unharmed in so little time.

If Takashi and Kurumi's lives were being messed with by outside forces, shouldn't there have been hints of this in the first episode? From the rules laid out about the "magic" in this series so far, I don't see how Kurumi's magic could have been causing stalkers and the such years before she ever came in contact with any magic or developed magic of her own. Nor do I see how Takashi could be one of the great wizards, or even a reincarnation of one. The only plausible idea I've seen is that his mother, or mother and father, were great wizards during the war. Maybe his father is the sleeping bad guy? But, it's already been stated that in order to live in the real world, they must give up/lose their magic first.

This is just what I've gathered from the anime, without any knowledge of the LN, and it leads me to the opinion: If the animators really are taking this anime in a different direction from the LN, it would appear they're trying to throw in the important bits from the LN all at once to get them out of the way, and if that is the case, it's messing up what could be a really great story.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 25, 2014 1:01 PM
Jan 2014
The reason his brother hate him is soooooo stupid that it makes me want to punch him through the monitor.

Even that said, this show actually is not so boring tbh. It just has far too many cliches.
Jan 25, 2014 1:32 PM

Aug 2012
niaxato said:

Anyway, the bro seems batshit crazy and will likely gain magic power and join the evil mages ala Arata Kangatari.
That's all I could think of. And that isn't a good thing.
Jan 25, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
I don't get why everybody in this show,sans not Gilgamesh, is being overdramatic. If they just stopped and talked for 10 minutes, every character conflict in this episode would be solved.

The whole episode felt really half-assed, animation, directing and script wise. Oh well, will keep watching for Kurumi.

AlexTheRiot said:
niaxato said:

Anyway, the bro seems batshit crazy and will likely gain magic power and join the evil mages ala Arata Kangatari.
That's all I could think of. And that isn't a good thing.

Dropped.
Jan 25, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
The_Bif said:
It seems that for those like me, who had never heard of this before the anime started and haven't read the LN, we're getting something different out of the story than what should be there according to the info I've gathered from those who have read the LN. Which means, either this anime is going to go in a different direction, or the animators are all blundering morons.

I'm assuming a little of both, I don't expect this anime to follow the LN plot very much at all, nor do I expect the plot to make much sense until the animators find their groove. However, the important bits that *must* be used from the LN should be handled with more care than they are apparently getting.

Take all of this talk about the Gekkou/Takashi background, it seems like everyone got something different from it and those that have read the LN are trying to make sense of it with their knowledge of the LN's story, while those(like me) who aren't familiar with the LN are just trying to make sense out of what's been revealed so far in the anime.

It's giving conflicting opinions on important characters, and causing illogical interaction between some of the main characters. For instance, I guess I'm supposed to feel bad for Kurumi because of her past, but I don't, because the way it was presented to me offered nothing to make me feel anything for her at all. And, it did nothing to make me feel any less annoyed at the way she treats Takashi.

Then, the background we were given about Gekkou and Takashi, it presented nothing that makes any sense to me. If Gekkou was pushed in front of that car, shouldn't he be dead, or crippled, or walking with a limp or something? You don't get pushed in front of a car and come out perfectly unharmed in so little time.

If Takashi and Kurumi's lives were being messed with by outside forces, shouldn't there have been hints of this in the first episode? From the rules laid out about the "magic" in this series so far, I don't see how Kurumi's magic could have been causing stalkers and the such years before she ever came in contact with any magic or developed magic of her own. Nor do I see how Takashi could be one of the great wizards, or even a reincarnation of one. The only plausible idea I've seen is that his mother, or mother and father, were great wizards during the war. Maybe his father is the sleeping bad guy? But, it's already been stated that in order to live in the real world, they must give up/lose their magic first.

This is just what I've gathered from the anime, without any knowledge of the LN, and it leads me to the opinion: If the animators really are taking this anime in a different direction from the LN, it would appear they're trying to throw in the important bits from the LN all at once to get them out of the way, and if that is the case, it's messing up what could be a really great story.

Yeah, that's pretty much what it looks like. Adding the important parts of the LN to be done with them and then move into the anime-original storyline. Honestly I agree with you, if this is really what they're doing it's messing up what would've been a really great anime.
Jan 25, 2014 3:28 PM

Feb 2013
Mui open-shirt service!

Kurumi and Takashi are "dating"? Way to make that obvious over the past 2 episodes (yes, that's sarcasm).
Jan 25, 2014 4:22 PM

Jun 2013
Loli has bigger boobs than Kurumi? Blasphemy! :)
Jan 25, 2014 5:38 PM

Apr 2013
sosiick said:
this show actually is not so boring tbh. It just has far too many cliches.
^ its entertaining but so predictable and cheesy at times..
Jan 25, 2014 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
I think at this point, a lot of people are just sticking around just to find out if their guess about how the story will unfold is right. The moment when you can say "called it!" is satisfying lmao.

I really hope there's some kind of twist and we're in for a treat.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 25, 2014 6:37 PM

Nov 2013
Most likely his stupid asshole brother will turn to the dark side, i mean the ghost trailers. So you were a childhood friend of Kurumi too? That does not give you a tenure for her. I already hate that prick and i guess that was the intention of the makers of this show.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 25, 2014 6:45 PM

Aug 2012
Boring.
Jan 25, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2011
This show is so bad I could cry.
Jan 25, 2014 7:07 PM

Sep 2012
this is gonna be good!

I feel for the childhood friend.
Jan 25, 2014 7:58 PM

Sep 2012
It's like watching a fanfic animated.
Jan 25, 2014 9:15 PM

Oct 2010
I think it's interesting so far, at least enough to keep me watching and expecting. I enjoy this sort of fantasy story where the girls aren't tantrum-throwing little c*nts,and where the main character isn't the gag character that bends over at every opportunity. Cliche is fine as long it's not the repulsive kind of cliche.

Gekkou needs to control his inner retard. Boohoo he didn't read your fucking mind and keep away from his childhood friend for your own selfish wishes. And that's enough to call him a traitor and ostracize him from the family. 嫉妬してるんでしょう。あら残念。
Jan 25, 2014 9:19 PM

Oct 2013
HowTragic said:
I think it's interesting so far, at least enough to keep me watching and expecting. I enjoy this sort of fantasy story where the girls aren't tantrum-throwing little c*nts,and where the main character isn't the gag character that bends over at every opportunity. Cliche is fine as long it's not the repulsive kind of cliche.

Gekkou needs to control his inner retard. Boohoo he didn't read your fucking mind and keep away from his childhood friend for your own selfish wishes. And that's enough to call him a traitor and ostracize him from the family. 嫉妬してるんでしょう。あら残念。

And soon he'll be the very evil that caused his accident.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Jan 25, 2014 9:36 PM

Oct 2013
Sourire said:
sosiick said:
this show actually is not so boring tbh. It just has far too many cliches.
^ its entertaining but so predictable and cheesy at times..

IMO the only saving grace of this anime for me is the ED.
Jan 25, 2014 10:17 PM

Apr 2011
Love triangle, incoming!!!

Gekkou is stupid. His reasons are retarded. So what if they're 'dating"? Can't do shit because you didn't do anything. Haha!

Its hard to pick out of the two girls. Both are cuties.

Honestly, Kurumi and Mui should just share him. Problem solved!
MagitoJan 27, 2014 7:41 AM
Jan 25, 2014 10:27 PM

Jul 2013
Even though this is an action genre, I placed it under the romance because romance pretty much appeared. I personally felt that this episode was the worst (although there was only 3 episodes) because of the poor character developments, the “uji uji” persona, and the lack of action. Hope it gets better
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Jan 26, 2014 10:39 AM

Oct 2013
I really hope this gets better,its so bad,questionable character decisions and bad storytelling plague this show sadly.
Jan 26, 2014 11:04 AM

Feb 2008
Incredibly close to dropping this. Gonna give it another week. I feel like the blonde guy is the only one who actually gives a shit about the plot while everyone else is "OH LOVE TRIANGLE."
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Jan 26, 2014 11:23 AM

Nov 2013
HowTragic said:

HowTragic said:

How true.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 26, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
I really feel like dropping this. The animation bothers me, and so do the characters.

This love triangle crap... man... Not enjoying it
Jan 26, 2014 4:14 PM
Dec 2012
wait, this is a romance show now??
Jan 26, 2014 5:08 PM
Aug 2013
This was OK at best. If next week it keeps up like this, I'll end up dropping it.
Jan 26, 2014 5:25 PM

Oct 2013
If Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga can get better then this can too. I'll stick with it for another episode or two.

Jan 26, 2014 9:03 PM

Aug 2012
I'm not a fan of this series' "tell, not show" method of storytelling. It's incredibly boring and only makes the writers' attempt at justifying the characters' actions appear lazy and not thought out.

Dropped.

Too bad, I liked the soundtrack of this series.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jan 27, 2014 8:56 AM

Oct 2009
Man this is even more painfully plain and dully generic than Strike the Blood. Though this was way better than the last 2eps, I'll give the next one a shot.
Jan 27, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2011
I find it rather hard to feel bad for Kurumi, i know she is meant to have a trauma with guys and had a load of trouble with them but then comes the part when you remember what she is wearing in practice and changing her body into with a load of guys watching and you find yourself wondering why you should feel bad for her again? You would think she would you know maybe not to dress up like a stripper and transform her body into most teenagers wet dreams in front of them if she had all this trouble before but i don't know maybe that is just me.

Also what is with this love drama already with completely undeveloped characters? Especially with Mui and Takeshi they have had what like 5mins alone together in 3 episodes and have not even had time to develop a friendship or been shown to in the anime let alone have them start to have all these feelings already. Don't get me wrong though i would rather see romance between Mui and Takeshi because really Kurumi has been quite unappealing since episode 1 and have been constantly been giving off a bitchy vibe to other people and again this episode did not really help her.

I do not know what the LN is like but the anime really is rather bad. I want to see some real character relationship growth and interactions not some cheap love drama before anything has even managed to be started yet. Also this might just be me being silly but you know some magic and learning magic and maybe even magic fights might be nice.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jan 28, 2014 5:42 AM
Jan 2014
guys.. this is just episode 3, the real plot hasnt even begin == if hate this episode much just pretend that it doesnt exist or something. they just show this kind of episode too early.
Jan 28, 2014 6:21 AM

Apr 2013
Last episode they were learning magic and now there is a love triangle -_-
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

367 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.