Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 15, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2014
I'm not a shipper and the romance is not what I liked about Chihayafuru in the first place, but this ending still bothers me a little. It feels like Chihaya is nothing more than a reward for Taichi's perserverance, it's all about him finally getting what he wants, what fans believe he "deserved"... Which is a creepy idea in my opinion. To me you can be the most perfect dude in the world, that doesn't mean *anyone* owes you romantic love. And Taichi is far from perfect anyway, he's been deceiving and petty. To me the scene where Arata says Chihaya "doesn't belong to anyone" and the fact that such an evidence takes Taichi by surprise pretty much sums it up. Taichi's flaws make him an interesting character but I wish Chihaya would have ended up single, enjoying karuta and her close friends. That's my idea of a happy ending for her.
Aug 15, 2022 8:29 AM
Aug 2016
Cannot describe how i felt reading this final chapter and saying officially that my favourite manga just ended.
This last chapter was PERFECT from the beginning to it's end. Chihaya won, Arata won, Chihaya confessed TO TAICHI, TO FUCKING TAICHI. MY BOY WON.
Cannot than Suetsugu-sensei enough. I'm so happy that i had the pleasure to reading this masterpiece. 10/10 best manga i've ever read.
Aug 15, 2022 9:17 AM
Oct 2020
Wait what? That confession seemed like it came out of nowhere for me. Did I miss something? I was for Taichi the whole time but I totally thought it was gonna end with Chihaya and Arata. Plus Chihaya rejected Taichi already. I guess it was the ending I hoped for but I'm so confused.
Aug 15, 2022 10:55 AM

Oct 2010
TAICHI WONNN BABYYYY

OH MY GOD OKAY ITS HAPPENING, EVERYBODY STAY FUCKING CALM

TT.TT 10/10
「Self Aware Cringy Weeb」
Aug 15, 2022 12:05 PM
Aug 2016
Perfect Conclusion
Aug 15, 2022 12:59 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Unforgettable series really. While it might not have hooked me quite as much in its latter stages as it once did, this is nevertheless one of my all-time favourite manga and it's sad to see it go. Ending feels perhaps a bit rushed but I don't think it's that bad

Taichi winning the love triangle was always expected but nice to see Chihaya actually coming to terms with it at long last as well
Aug 15, 2022 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
The end is here.

Solid manga, with a good ending. Been a rough ride in these last 20 chapters, but it was a great ride nonetheless.

Thanks for everything, Suetsugu-sensei.
Gotta update this soon™
Aug 15, 2022 2:56 PM

Mar 2008
Johnny-Jay said:
I'm not a shipper and the romance is not what I liked about Chihayafuru in the first place, but this ending still bothers me a little. It feels like Chihaya is nothing more than a reward for Taichi's perserverance, it's all about him finally getting what he wants, what fans believe he "deserved"... Which is a creepy idea in my opinion. To me you can be the most perfect dude in the world, that doesn't mean *anyone* owes you romantic love. And Taichi is far from perfect anyway, he's been deceiving and petty. To me the scene where Arata says Chihaya "doesn't belong to anyone" and the fact that such an evidence takes Taichi by surprise pretty much sums it up. Taichi's flaws make him an interesting character but I wish Chihaya would have ended up single, enjoying karuta and her close friends. That's my idea of a happy ending for her.

I can't think like that at all, Taichi was important for Chihaya from beginning to end as she was to him.
Now that she finally became Queen she could finally deal with this. The fear of not having him near her again moving to another city gave the impulse to act immediately.
Aug 15, 2022 7:41 PM
Aug 2010
Why do so many like Taichi? It felt like it was forced and he honestly was a toxic option. Look at how he acted. Look how through the ENTIRE series he thought of Chihaya as "his" or look how just cause he didn't respond how he wanted with his confession he INTENTIONALLY hurt her and it hurt her even being able to play her favorite thing, Karuta... or look at how he eventually just left her from even being friends or communicating like a friend cause she didn't respond how he wanted. He is a trash man and it's shocking how many support him...

And don't give me the horse shit "BUT THE SYMBOLISM WITH THE CARDS!" if the symbolism doesn't match up well with the actual events and how people acted... it's pretty shit to say it's good enough reasoning and kinda feels like it's trying to force justification in an obviously trash development. This felt like a huge asspull and to appease the polls/fans more than actual how things went. Look at how shit set up with "answering Arata" and whatnot was dropped entirely too... it was a bad development. Shinobu x Chihaya would have been a stronger and better romantic option, honestly.

Now, the good thing is that the series is not exactly a focus of the romance anyways and it's hardly a detract from the overall greatness. The best scene was with Chitose and Chihaya at the end of the series imo. Love it.
Aug 15, 2022 9:37 PM

Oct 2012
I hope to see marriage and kids and I hope to see this animated
Aug 15, 2022 9:56 PM

Dec 2012
Uwoooo. Taichi won..
Aug 15, 2022 11:38 PM

Apr 2012
Taichi Win
Horray
#TEAMTAICHI
Aug 16, 2022 12:34 AM

Jan 2021

My heart is now at peace.
Aug 16, 2022 1:05 AM

Sep 2018
- I knew it, Arata getting both the Meijin title and Chihaya's heart would have been unfair to Taichi
- as a Taichi fan, I can't deny I'm happy; I didn't want him to end up with Sumire
- watching and reading too many anime/manga made people believe that waiting 10 years for your childhood friend is perfectly normal
- however, I just hope that the ending was planned in advance and not changed after realizing that Taichi was by far the most popular character
- 10/10
Aug 16, 2022 4:10 AM

Jul 2014
PaninaManina said:
I can't think like that at all, Taichi was important for Chihaya from beginning to end as she was to him.
Now that she finally became Queen she could finally deal with this. The fear of not having him near her again moving to another city gave the impulse to act immediately.

Of course Taichi has always been important to Chihaya, I can't and won't deny it. He's been her best friend for years and she tried to keep things that way after Taichi's confession, but he blamed her for this supposedly selfish desire when he's actually the one who built their friendship on lies, on an illusion he couldn't maintain anymore. This whole ending feels like a compromise more than anything else. Chihaya gets to keep her best friend but she has to date him. Chihaya's and Arata's fans get to see their favorite character win the title, and Taichi's fans get to see their ship come true.
Aug 16, 2022 6:07 AM
Feb 2021
Johnny-Jay said:
... but he blamed her for this supposedly selfish desire ...

Could you tell me how that happens and when? I have a feeling that you Arata's fans have created a side story.
Aug 16, 2022 6:12 AM
Jun 2019
Johnny-Jay said:
PaninaManina said:

Of course Taichi has always been important to Chihaya, I can't and won't deny it. He's been her best friend for years and she tried to keep things that way after Taichi's confession, but he blamed her for this supposedly selfish desire when he's actually the one who built their friendship on lies, on an illusion he couldn't maintain anymore. This whole ending feels like a compromise more than anything else. Chihaya gets to keep her best friend but she has to date him. Chihaya's and Arata's fans get to see their favorite character win the title, and Taichi's fans get to see their ship come true.

I guess thats why sensei urge *blind Arata fanboy to reread the story again
Banadjie27Aug 18, 2022 12:22 AM
Aug 16, 2022 8:05 AM

Mar 2008
Banadjie27 said:

I gueaa thats why sensei urge disillusional Arata fanboy to reread the story again

We suffered for 10 years, now it's their time to suffer for eternity.
BHUWAHAHAAHHAHAHA!
Aug 16, 2022 8:49 AM

Feb 2008
Very clean ending. Tied up all the loose ends.
Aug 16, 2022 9:21 AM

Jul 2014
Roaldder said:
Johnny-Jay said:
... but he blamed her for this supposedly selfish desire ...

Could you tell me how that happens and when? I have a feeling that you Arata's fans have created a side story.

Well I might be reading too much into the "kiss" scene but to me that's one of the emotions that transpire from this. And I see Chihaya's subsequent guilt for being the "rocks that crushed Taichi's feelings all this time" as a response to that.

Also, I already said in this topic that I was hoping for Chihaya to stay single. I think Taichi has too many flaws, and even though I would have been ok with Chihaya dating Arata, the guy hasn't been around enough to justify it in my opinion. Three of you just assumed that I was a Arata fan(boy) because you can't perceive this as anything other than a shipping war where Chihaya's happiness is irrelevant. I hate that. It's all about you, your favorite boy and your ego.
Aug 16, 2022 11:44 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, what a brilliant manga this was. I won't say I absolutely loved the chapter, because I wanted more of an epilogue for the sizeable cast the series has built up, but I thought it wrapped up well with an eye for the future.

The romance has always been far in the backdrop for Chihayafuru (which isn't to say that there has been more and less overt romantic hinting) and the fanbase surely feels more investment into that aspect than the mangaka. With this being somewhat of a love triangle, obviously people take sides for one reason or another and root for their ship. Whatever you think about whom Chihaya ended up with - I was honestly pulling for Arata myself, but I can pick up the hints the mangaka have been dropping since early on - I think it's really exciting to see Chihaya grow during the series to a person who's ready to step into the future and commit herself to her dreams and also go for the guy she wants to be with. It's her decision and nobody else's, whether she's a fictional character or not.

Not to mention that the series has always been more about the three together uniting over their love of Karuta, coming together as a trio and pushing each-other to get better and be happy, and the ending stuck to that.

Aug 16, 2022 8:57 PM
Jun 2016
I have mixed feelings. The tears I shed are happy ones, but also sad ones. I'm smiling, but I'm also furiously rubbing my eyes, forcing the tears to stop.
Taichi didn't end up with Sumire, that's a good thing. Arata didn't end up with Chihaya, that's a bad thing (because I'm a hardcore Arata fan since day 1).
In the grand scheme of things, and taking into account the story as a whole, it's only fair that Taichi gets the girl. After all, Arata hasn't been there all throughout Chihaya's struggles, helping her achieve her goals and dreams. Taichi was there.
Still, the ending left me feeling incomplete, there's something missing and I hope the extras give me some closure.
It sure was a ride!
Aug 17, 2022 8:24 PM

Sep 2012
Finally afrer all this years, it's over.

Excellent ending. For me it was the best possible outcome: Arata became Meijin, Chihaya became the Queen and finally understood that the person who was always at her side since the beginning was Taichi. Everyone won (Chihaya x2, tho).
Aug 18, 2022 1:49 AM

Aug 2020
It's truly ended on a very high note with a perfect end for this series and yes mashima got justice finally...
Aug 18, 2022 8:28 PM

Sep 2019
I didn't really care who she ended up with since I like both Arata and Taichi, but I just wish this ending was a little more informative, because it did feel pretty rushed. But nonetheless it was still an amazing read, hopefully the last chapters get adapted some time in the future.

PS: Shinobu > Chihaya forever! IDGAF
Aug 19, 2022 11:30 AM

Aug 2011
i read the last 30 or so chapters in the same day, so for me nothing feels sudden or out of left field. you can see how much she thinks of taichi during the queen match. he got the most development and was always by her side. with romance, sometimes you don't notice your own feelings until it hits you all at once. i'm so happy they ended up together. chihaya couldn't handle the idea of being 'just a friend', that's how she knew she loved him.
Aug 19, 2022 11:30 AM

Dec 2020
Hi!

It's the first time I write here. It's a shame but wonderful at the same time cause Chihayafuru brought me here. I was recently diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and I want to say that I'm grateful to Yuki Suetsugu sensei and karuta world for these incredible years enjoying this series. Chihayafuru is a "poem" about dreams, youth and love in all its terms. When I've been reading Chihayafuru I've felt in a safe place.

It may seem too rushed, but we can't just spoil 246 episodes due to a free and deliberate decision by the author. It's not about the person, it's about Chihaya, Taichi and Arata's journey to play karuta together and the friends and problems they face.

Anyway, I'm waiting for a spanish release. I'm learning English on my own so I'm sorry if I made mistakes haha

Greetings to all of you!!

By the way, right now I'm reading a spanish transcription of Hyakunin Isshu :)
HirotheroAug 19, 2022 1:49 PM
Aug 19, 2022 4:46 PM
Jul 2016
wow, can't believe it's over. reading this was awesome and while I have some gripes about how it ended I still enjoyed reading this work. thanks to Suetsugu Yuki and anyone related to putting out this work and it's adaptations, it was very much appreciated.
Aug 20, 2022 5:45 AM

Mar 2019
i have been a loyal taichi fans for three years, finally got the moment he deserves
#justise for koalas
Aug 24, 2022 10:49 AM

Dec 2020
kakeguruitwinxx said:
It was always "Chihaya's choice" and "none of the boy should control her feelings" until it's NOT Chihaya and Arata and it's suddenly Arata's too good for Chihaya and that Chihaya's insensitive, immature for being with someone that isn't him. If you could just right away have a relationship with someone after 6 years just by remembering one specific poem, two times calling, and then meeting for 5 mins during tournaments time to time, then congratulations. But that's not communication. "Taichi doesn't even tell her it's Kyoto" and Chihaya doesn't even tell Arata she wants to be a teacher, and Arata doesn't tell Chihaya which major he wants to get into. But sure, cutting the information halfway because why not. Several years ago the debate about how Arata was the right guy because he said "Chihaya doesn't belong to anyone" while Taichi "Chihaya belongs to the both of us". Because surely saying that to your friend who just lost is nice example of tight friendship. And the conversation wasn't even about Chihaya. Arata was written off mysterious, but even when his arcs came he wasn't perfect. And that is good. A perfect character is boring. Is it not enough that he almost never lost, unless its a very high-ranking opponent — I can only name a few: 4 shiranami members, his own mentor in fukui nagumo, the youngest queen ever (and its only once and in practice game), and the prodigy meijin. All the while when he took a year hiatus off the game. Someone like that, to be able to be back in the game, would spare way more efforts, prodigy or not. And that's always the thing about him. Everytime he appears he's always doing karuta. Chihaya has her exams, Shinobu her independence-from-her-house, Taichi his independence-from-club. Arata did not have such an arc that is not karuta-focused. That's how much he's into karuta. And you're telling me, the absence of romantic relationship for such a character is ruining the story?

I'm totally agree with your point about Arata!
Aug 26, 2022 5:56 PM

Jun 2019
In March, I watched all the 3 animé seasons and was pretty amazed by the chars and the plot. And after finding out that probably there won't be moar anime seasons, I started to read the manga from scratch around mid April. And today, a 4 month lasting wild ride came to a end.

A great story, with great characters, narration and pace, with several soul-wrecking situations. I didn't ship for Taichi either Arata, I feel both of them would be a good fit for my waifu.

Both animé adaptation and manga made my all-time top 10, and Chihaya of course is one of my all-time fav chars too.

Aug 30, 2022 4:00 PM
Aug 2022
Nirinbo said:
- however, I just hope that the ending was planned in advance and not changed after realizing that Taichi was by far the most popular character

Don't think that's the case, it might've been debatable after the fandom outrage (part of the fandom to be correct) to think so if the author didn't ask the fandom to re-read the story, that's very telling imo /*I might do so myself as you tend to forget things over the years

--

TheGodEmperor said:
Why do so many like Taichi? It felt like it was forced and he honestly was a toxic option. Look at how he acted. Look how through the ENTIRE series he thought of Chihaya as "his" or look how just cause he didn't respond how he wanted with his confession he INTENTIONALLY hurt her and it hurt her even being able to play her favorite thing, Karuta... or look at how he eventually just left her from even being friends or communicating like a friend cause she didn't respond how he wanted. He is a trash man and it's shocking how many support him...

And don't give me the horse shit "BUT THE SYMBOLISM WITH THE CARDS!" if the symbolism doesn't match up well with the actual events and how people acted... it's pretty shit to say it's good enough reasoning and kinda feels like it's trying to force justification in an obviously trash development. This felt like a huge asspull and to appease the polls/fans more than actual how things went. Look at how shit set up with "answering Arata" and whatnot was dropped entirely too... it was a bad development. Shinobu x Chihaya would have been a stronger and better romantic option, honestly.

Now, the good thing is that the series is not exactly a focus of the romance anyway and it's hardly a detract from the overall greatness. The best scene was with Chitose and Chihaya at the end of the series imo. Love it.

Honestly it's an interesting take and it can't be faulted for the logic behind it, but emotions got to you and it's also not truly objective, hardly anyone maybe can be objective here bar some exceptions. That being said it's a common occurrence in life too and that doesn't have to mean that the person is trash and will not grow (and he did grow, they actually both/all did). Some people though should maybe take a longer breather (you know like they do in Caruta to compose themselves)

--

All the people that criticize the author (that I read here) are cherry picking many thing out of context, like why didn't he tell her (about Kyoto U) - why Desk knew etc, just remember when he left the club, whom did he tell, yep Desk and Porky (also the karaoke with the boys, great flashback), many are wondering what happened after the tournament and all of the things even from pro Taichi x Chihaya fans is speculation, since and this is a running theme throughout, the author didn't manage to depict the flow of time too good in these things, but why do many think that Taichi and Chihaya were not good with each other or not close when the aftermath of the "failed" confession was already handled is beyond me, and I could go on.

--

It's a good read all in all, not a perfect 10/10, but hardly anything is any more. Am very much looking to the "extras" for some blanks and maybe some goodness for the main cast too as I too feel the ending is rushed and lacks something (that is not to say I am dissatisfied, but I do not feel it's whole either), it certainly seems it ran out of time etc

Cheers for sticking with my wall of text till now.
Nikto80Aug 30, 2022 4:05 PM
Sep 2, 2022 10:36 PM

Mar 2021
Coming from the anime to the manga I was disappointed. I'm not a shipper, the most chemistry I saw was between Chihaya and Shinobu anyway, but the longer the series ran and the more romance focused it became the less interested I was. I just stopped finding the story compelling and found it cheaper and cheaper and more and more rushed the longer it went. It's not BAD at all, but I had higher hopes.

Also, uh both Taichi and Arata are kinda crap characters. Arata is barely a character after a while and Taichi is uh... a douche? And mind, these are teenagers, but they did little to endear me. the "poor little rich boy/girl" archetype is very, very tiresome, and Taichi somehow never managed to grow up at all. Oh well. I'd hoped for better but got much less. No tragedy, but Chihayafuru rots as it wears on.
Sep 4, 2022 2:59 AM

Oct 2012
I wonder how you got through 247 chapters making this conclusion....I would have dropped it long before.

Being printed in BeLove, it's not surprising the story had a steady thread of romance but to say it dominated the story? We got tons of karuta in the last arc, beautiful resolutions for Shinobu and Suou both facing themselves through karuta. One finally admitting she was lonely, that she had isolated herself with her imagery poet friends, finally finding the way out, making friends and even ends up teaching in elementary schools....

Suou's journey is just heartbreaking, him squinting to the ground in the end to take the cards, it hurts reading this, it's bitter sweet and so real.

Taichi's personal resolution is just crazy good, the torturous path to self acceptance was beautiful. Arata finally making peace with the loss and guilt of his grandfather's death.... Chihaya being acknowledged by her sister....how was this rot?

Even Chihaya finally choosing the person that was always closest to her...the whole path that lead to this conclusion was by no means cheesy romance.

I guess everyone has their own way of reading and preferences in the themes of a story....it probably is important to know what you are stepping into when starting a story: this wasn't a pure sports manga from the start...it was a big part but not exclusively.
Sep 4, 2022 6:34 PM
Sep 2022
It was quite surprising that many people changed the main character as a result of the popularity vote.

In Japan, if you look at Suetsugu's previous works, it is said that Suetsugu's tendency came out and it ended as it was. In other words, Suetsugu had Taichi's ending in mind from the beginning, and Arata fans were deceived.

If you are an Arata fan, do not read the English forum and go to the Japanese forum. There are many Arata fans there. That would be much better

And to say something to those who are worried about Suetsugu, she sees all of her criticisms. She is a person who tweets too much and checks Social Media thoroughly. In the past, she's had a lot of trouble with twitter. She criticized Hikaru's Go and Demon slayer and
she once posted a message defending herself on a Japanese web page pretending to be a fan and was caught. So you don't have to worry about the Suetsugu being influenced by the critique. She's already reading the Chihayahuru criticism tag on Twitter Not only tweet directly to her, but also indirectly.
FLAME2352352Sep 4, 2022 6:52 PM
Sep 6, 2022 3:27 PM

Jul 2016
Dude.. Imagine writing 247 chapters of a love triangle, only masochists could even read this.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Sep 7, 2022 4:27 AM

Oct 2012
It wasn't only about a love triangle XD.

So much more....
Sep 11, 2022 6:46 PM

Jul 2016
chiakimagoto said:
It wasn't only about a love triangle XD.

So much more....

I feel like that's just trying to lie to yourself, 99% of what's being talked about in this thread is that, even the Detective Conan author himself asked Suetsugu exclusively for advice of romance stuff for his movie.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Sep 12, 2022 1:05 AM

Oct 2012
I'm not lying to myself cause I never hid I was shipping Taichihaya from the start...but what I loved most was Taichi's coming of age story and the different relationships he had with the people around him like his friendship with the other Mizusawa members, with Hyoro, with Harada and Suou and even Sudo....I always found the moments with him playing Karuta or exchanging with others the most interesting.

I also really like the arc after he left the club and how Chihaya and Mizusawa fend without him, how much they miss him.

Other than that there were many moments like with Inokuma struggling with her motherhood and passion for karuta that were really poignant and real. Suou's personal arc was one of my favourite as well.

Harada's story also was so real, trying all his life...the match against Suou was goat.

Shinobu's development and resolution really touched me too....how she finally broke out of her loneliness...she actually had found a way to cope with it through the cards....so it was a beautiful journey for her to make real friends and ultimately become an active socializing part of the community...

There really many great moments apart from the romance.

Ofcourse I'm happy Taichi and Chihaya ended up together but to say it was only about that is too much....
Sep 12, 2022 11:06 PM

Jun 2015
I've been crying for about an hour after the end.
What a conclusion, what a poem
A roller coaster of emotions from start to finish with such amazing characters, I didn't want them to lose anymore.
It was beautiful, absolutely wonderful.
Sep 16, 2022 7:28 PM

Apr 2019
Man, do I ever love this series. Who would've thought that I'd get sucked into a series such a this? Not me that's for sure. But I did and I absolutely fell head over heals in love with it.
I don't think I've ever been so excited when reading a series before. Like, every few chapters I'd either be pumping my fists in the air with excitement or I'd be entranced by the art or story.

Also, LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAICHI AND CHIHAYA ARE OFFICIAL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I was pretty much ready to give up hope during these last few chapters, but it happened!!!!

One of my favourite mangas of all time. Love it so much. Now here's to hoping for a season 4 sometime soon!!!
arcticmontysSep 17, 2022 6:22 AM
Sep 21, 2022 1:34 PM
Jun 2010
Man, this last chapter was super rushed, and I dont see why it needed to be this way. The developments in the latter half of the chapter needed more time. Even the art wasn't on the usual level, beyond the train station scene with Chitose.
Should have mixed the confession in between the epilogue stuff, rather than trying to mash in everything in one (supposedly) cathartic super-chapter. Multihundred chapter epic, all the foreshadowing, with an ending done in this way.... whyyy??

I mean... what happened was the most likely, balanced, outcome. Chihaya wins, and as for the guys; one gets the title , the other the girl.
I got no absolutely no problem with outcome itself, just really weird to see it done in such a rushed manner.

I really hope the epilogues are back to usual quality, but even then... Theres no fixing the confession stuff and the akward-as-hell "Arata lost Chihaya, LOL"-one-pager. Was that supposed to be funny?

Overall I liked the series a lot, it took the time to develop the cast. The nitty-gritty little details and side-activities, that gave the world a sense of realness. Very overdramatic at times, but ehh, it worked OK most of the time. Just a bit of a shame with the ending done like this, leaving me with a sligthly sourish taste.
Oct 4, 2022 12:18 AM

Oct 2012
She gave him an answer though after the third year nationals. It was a *soft* rejection, like it often happens in anime, saying that your priorities are elsewhere than romance.

It's just that he sort of insisted if she ever wanted to tell him about her feelings for him, he would like to know. In the end she never wanted to...I guess she could have had a little personal talk with him at the end, that would have been a better closure.
Oct 4, 2022 4:56 PM

Jun 2011
myboringlife said:
I have not read the manga yet, but I know one thing for a fact, that up until the last 2 chapters, even most devoted Taichi fans thought Arata was the end game for Chihaya, that said everything that needed to be said about this ending. At the end of the day, it just felt like the more popular character won. I would've preferred to have Chihaya picked Taichi earlier and rejected Arata earlier, instead of a last minute rejection, after she got together with Taichi. Arata deserved better, but alas.

Maybe we'll get epilogue chapters where he gets some development with Shinobu.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 4, 2022 5:06 PM

Jun 2011
FLAME2352352 said:

And to say something to those who are worried about Suetsugu, she sees all of her criticisms. She is a person who tweets too much and checks Social Media thoroughly. In the past, she's had a lot of trouble with twitter. She criticized Hikaru's Go and Demon slayer and
she once posted a message defending herself on a Japanese web page pretending to be a fan and was caught. So you don't have to worry about the Suetsugu being influenced by the critique. She's already reading the Chihayahuru criticism tag on Twitter Not only tweet directly to her, but also indirectly.
Do you mind if I ask, what did she say about Hikaru no Go?
Oct 5, 2022 1:31 AM
Sep 2022
ToG25thBaam said:
FLAME2352352 said:

Do you mind if I ask, what did she say about Hikaru no Go?

末次由紀 ?@yuyu2000_0908 8月12日
@mion_kuri ヒカ碁だいすきですが、ヒカルが最後までちっとも囲碁が好きって 伝わってこないことが不満でした(笑)
物語のたたみ方は…もったいないとしか 言いようがない!!

I brought it in the original Japanese text written by her

You can find it if you search Yahoo Japan.

Oct 5, 2022 9:56 AM

Jun 2011
FLAME2352352 said:
末次由紀 ?@yuyu2000_0908 8月12日
@mion_kuri ヒカ碁だいすきですが、ヒカルが最後までちっとも囲碁が好きって 伝わってこないことが不満でした(笑)
物語のたたみ方は…もったいないとしか 言いようがない!!

I brought it in the original Japanese text written by her

You can find it if you search Yahoo Japan.

Thanks for sharing. Honestly it's not that bad, I thought her criticism was worse. I don't agree with what she said though, it was clear pretty early on that Hikaru started liking the game.
Oct 5, 2022 6:48 PM
Dec 2020
been on my on-hold list since sept last year and... ok then congrats for the sailed ship. Glad my boi Arata finally achived his dream but then i got no other reason to continue reading this manga again.
Halsmiv-EikahizuOct 5, 2022 7:01 PM
Oct 7, 2022 9:42 AM

Oct 2012
@ToG25thBaam,
that up until the last 2 chapters, even most devoted Taichi fans thought Arata was the end game for Chihaya, that said everything that needed to be said about this ending

Most devoted Taichi fans DID see it coming from along time already. Sensei just needed to confirm it, which she did. All the steps leading to the ending are there. If you back read the discussions here and on Reddit, literally the ending was spelled out by alot of Taichi fans up to the fact that they are a couple like the "paired cards". Sensei built it up carefully step by step ...even if alot of us write exactly what happened ....like 2 to 3 years ago....alot of people decided to close their eyes and ignore it.....

Ofcouse Sensei tried to cover the tracks so we wouldn't be too sure about it and kept us on our toes till the end.

The endgame was decided long ago by Sensei....the puzzle fell perfectly into place when it comes to the romance.
Oct 8, 2022 6:03 PM
Jun 2019
FLAME2352352 said:
It was quite surprising that many people changed the main character as a result of the popularity vote.

In Japan, if you look at Suetsugu's previous works, it is said that Suetsugu's tendency came out and it ended as it was. In other words, Suetsugu had Taichi's ending in mind from the beginning, and Arata fans were deceived.

If you are an Arata fan, do not read the English forum and go to the Japanese forum. There are many Arata fans there. That would be much better

How ironic, the same "new" fake account flaming and blaming sensei in this forum. Lmao.

Just as the other pointed out, even in reddit many other fans already warn other Arata die-hard hooligan fans not to get above it. When things doesnt fall out as what they expected instead this happens.

Dont tell other people when you are the only one who didnt read then story properly.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

» How does the manga compare to the anime? (NO SPOILERS)

TsutanaiFuun - Jul 21, 2023

2 by Nirinbo »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.