Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 16, 2022 6:53 PM
Oct 2021
i loved this episode, when started i was confused, but in 20 minutes my conception of the anime has changed
May 17, 2022 10:04 AM
Oct 2021
I like Ushio so much, she look like so empathetic and at the same time brave
May 17, 2022 9:42 PM
May 2018
Shadow guy: I know that you have the time travelling eye, MC.
And then he doesn't try to take the eye for like 5 minutes.
May 18, 2022 4:42 AM
Jan 2022
I think this anime should have gore tag. That mountain of corpse was just, unappealing.
May 26, 2022 4:16 PM

Dec 2018
samashi20 said:
Intense episode.

These shadows are trying to summon/awaken their boss shadow or something that they refer to as "mother" which ends up drowning the island into shadows? Why we don't know, but we know that Shinpei is trying to stop that before everyone on the island vanishes into thin air. I guess this is in a way the "big picture" of this show.

episode 1 it said the island was a tourist hotspot. pretty easy to corner a tiny island of 700, fake who they are, and taking over tourists, thus spreading it worldwide. my guess at least
May 26, 2022 4:23 PM
May 2019
So now we know who Mother is. Since it's so early in, we don't get to see her significance, though. Hopefully, she isn't just some useless plot device haha

RioFS said:

The Mother made an appearance as well. Looked quite dope, what with the red contrasting with Shinpei's blue.

Its strange that boss shadow let Shinpei be executed like that. Would have expected him to bind badass onee-san so she couldn't shoot him but slip-ups happen, I suppose.

I also love how her one eye was completely white, empty because somehow its Shinpei's current right eye. Curious as to how he got that eye now.

Also, totally agree that it was less than entertaining that the big shadow just let Nagomu Ryuunoske just shoot Shinpei like that. ESPECIALLY after it had already heard Shinpei's plans. Kind of disappointing.

And apparently Ushio always wakes up on the 22nd, when Shinpei arrives at the island? Interesting.
Jun 3, 2022 9:50 AM

Jul 2015
Yo I just CAN'T predict what's gonna happen!? A very hauntingly ominous feeling is what I get every time I see this show, beautiful.
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Jun 5, 2022 11:03 AM

Aug 2019
The big shadow must be the mastermind

Step on his shadow lol
Jun 6, 2022 7:11 PM
Jan 2021
Amazing episode! Goddamn
Jun 9, 2022 1:05 AM

Jul 2019
Bloody hell Armageddon. Not the level of LCL sea but still eerie and monumental. Pile of bodies and puddles of blood, quite ironic, because all those people came here to see the ritual of gods emancipation only to become a part of other ritual, demonic sacrifice through feeding.

Many-armed shadow and its supposed mother (eh, more like original beginning I guess) that kinda reborn in the guise of a bloody one-eyed girl and that missing eye is a key to Shinpei's ability to jump back in time, man, the history of this island is one twisted plot.

So our huntress is also a writer that Shinpei is a fan of, she knows how to distinguish humans and shadows and also apparently has a sister who also tried to understand the origins of shadows. Plus she absolutely knew about Shinpei long before the summer festival incident and wiews him as a possible savior of it all.

There's less and less time for every retrieval and now success mostly depends of how fast Shinpei can find Nagumo-sensei to obtain information. Not bad, not bad, I'm hooked.
Jun 19, 2022 4:40 AM

Jan 2019
Such weak writing doesn't deserve this production values.

It is too supernatural for my taste anyway but when whole village swallowed by shadows but not the girl who shoots MC (circle plot armor protecting her), it is hard to ignore. I can't do it.

Also this is weakest mystery anime i probably watched, there is mystery but it is build on supernatural also there is no hints.

Also big bad guy knows MC power but doesn't stop him.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Jun 30, 2022 12:42 AM

May 2016
I don't remember the names but lady glasses mentioned Ryunosuke name and that red girl name was Haine, could it be these guys with the doctor are from future or something?
Jul 8, 2022 11:15 PM

Dec 2021
Badass punch from Ushio! Absolutely siiick!

Jul 10, 2022 3:02 PM

Jan 2020
Okay, so the Shadows can't die as easily as I thought. Even so, Boob-lady ultimately took it out pretty effortlessly. She said what her name was, but I'm just gonna call her Boob-lady.

Anyway, Shadow Mio's knife disappearing is most definitely foreshadowing. Everything the Shadows copied disappear along with them. So them making a big deal out of Ushio's Necklace is probably linked to that, if nothing else, the fact that there are currently two is something to think about. Whether current Ushio is Real or Shadow probably hinges on which necklace will ultimately fade away. But, they also showed Ushio having recovered from that broken limb, and using a "shadow" punch. So, that somewhat hampers the idea that current Ushio might be real.

With the end of this episode I'm guessing this is sort of the end of the prologue. We now have a good amount of information, and we know what we're working towards. It wasn't the most perfect build up, but there are a lot of interesting ideas here that have me fairly excited.

As a final thought: Shin surmised that the limit of his ability is a matter of uses. But, it could very well be a matter of time. The reason he's spawning back later might have to do with him surviving longer and not necessarily because he's used the ability X amount of times already. I'm not sure if they'd bother making that a twist, so I might be overthinking that. But at this point I figure I might as well just throw down everything I'm thinking to help compose my ideas and theories.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 10, 2022 10:46 PM

Jan 2011
>hears someone running
>get down that's a shadow!
>how did you know
>because they don't like it when you step on their shadow
>no one stepped on any shadow
This is the dumbest show I have ever seen in my life.
Jul 17, 2022 2:48 AM

Apr 2021
That was brutal!!! I haven't seen an episode like this in quite a while. But hey, he's back to looping although the time's moving forward too. He needs to think carefully starting now. As for me there are so many questions running in my head!! This anime's been crazy good!!!
Jul 18, 2022 10:58 PM
Oct 2019
Mother? who is that girl in the sky?
Shadow Boss has arrived and everyone die... wtf

oh the big boba girl was the writer of that book... and she can see glimpse of the future?
also the restart point moving foward each time.

this is getting more intense by each episodes!!
Jul 20, 2022 7:34 AM

Feb 2021
It's just about 5 episodes and they showed the real enemy boss. This is very interesting :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 20, 2022 3:38 PM

Jan 2011
wth Final Boss already? so much stuff happening so quickly
Jul 31, 2022 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
The more I think about it.. nothing much happened..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 12, 2022 8:26 PM
Aug 2021
La droga que llevaba el autor encima cuando escribió ese episodio estaba fuerte. Pero aun así muy entretenido y te engancha sin pensarlo.
Aug 15, 2022 12:39 PM

Jun 2019
That was something else. I loved this episode. Nagumo-sensei is really beautiful. She was able to send Shinpei back to the starting point but there's a limit to this power. So man deaths in this episode.
Aug 17, 2022 10:10 PM
Nov 2018
knew it was gonna go downhill as soon as i realized there was a supernatural aspect to this show. why the shadows even work strategically when they're built like dbz characters is beyond me. even if it's explained later, this episode in particular was almost unbearable. overrated show.
Aug 27, 2022 3:48 AM
Jun 2022
I think the ending of said episode was very well made, I also really admirred the effort put into the animation
Sep 11, 2022 3:17 PM
Jan 2022
just a great episode, ready to see what he can do in the next three days
Sep 14, 2022 7:53 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
whew so many things happening

Sep 30, 2022 3:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow there are so many mysterious elements yet, so at least we know it's useless to hit the human copy part of the shadow but that we can kill the shadow by directly shooting at the shadow part and also step on it to see if it's a copy or not... well what is really mysterious was that shadow king and the event that got triggered with the whole island becoming a shadow and making everyone disappear... it seems like they have a king of Goddess named Haine that is related to everything that is happening and Shinpei apparently has her eye and this is why he can go back in time, while Nagumo (who is Shinpei's favorite writer) seems to have the ability to see a few seconds in the future before events happen and is chasing the shadows with her sister that we didn't see... well what I can say is that things are extremely interesting so far and that I can't wait to get more answers!
Oct 1, 2022 2:03 PM

Jul 2020
So from what I understand, the shadows exist only on this island? So like, if Shinpei was to persuade his friends to move from the island at least until the festival was over - the problem would be solved, wouldn't it? Or am I missing something here..
Oct 4, 2022 8:05 AM

Jan 2009
wow the final boss called mother is a loli eh

Nagumo is certified MILF though sexy hot

now time for Shinpei to time loop again but there is a limit to his power though so he have to be careful
Oct 8, 2022 2:10 AM
Dec 2018
It was great! cant wait to know more!
Oct 11, 2022 12:57 PM
Apr 2019
Filled with suspense, mystery and a whole lot of dopamin!
Oct 16, 2022 1:03 AM

Nov 2019
Not really sure what people see in this. As far as I can tell it's just Higurashi on speed.

The pacing pretty much ruins it.
Oct 19, 2022 9:49 PM

Jul 2016
Even after having surpassed that specific checkpoint, we still got a brief Mio panty-shot. I just can't...

Interesting episode overall. The 4-arm Shadow looked creepy af.

Also yeah... daddy Shadow acknowledging MC's power but not doing anything to prevent its activation was questionable.
SouthRzVaOct 19, 2022 9:53 PM
Nov 12, 2022 5:10 AM

Jul 2015
I gotta respect Shin for looking at this despairful situation objectively, especially with the 3 day time limit and his looping slowly moving must add to his sense of danger.

Nov 18, 2022 5:22 PM
Jan 2022
Violent ann scary stuff best episode of the season, annd one of the best the year
Dec 15, 2022 12:13 AM
Dec 2022
This anime is dope
Dec 29, 2022 4:52 AM
Dec 2022
shadoe man and cicada is twerking haha c:
Jan 18, 2023 3:16 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Dark future for the island people!!! kekeke

Reboot!

Feb 21, 2023 1:09 PM

Oct 2018
Big booba when the shadow tries to replicate Hizuru. This feels just like a bad end of a route, well he can try over. Not a fan of how Imai's cut was mired with speedlines.
Mar 9, 2023 10:11 PM
Jul 2020
it's interesting that now his time looping has consequences. now he has to figure out where Ryuunosuke is, while avoiding the shadows, while keeping Mio safe (protecting Mio seems to have some sort of significance) all at once, while making sure to not die needlessly, within the timespan of 3 days.
Apr 4, 2023 11:53 AM
Apr 2021
WHY CANT HE JUST FUCKING SUICIDE
WTF IS HE DOING???????
Jun 20, 2023 2:55 AM

Apr 2013
As expected he always starts a bit later after looping again. I like that restriction, means he doesn't have unlimited time and some events will be set in stone.
Jun 25, 2023 12:32 PM

May 2015
Boom reset! And Ushio is here
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 8, 2023 6:15 PM

May 2015
Os novos elementos deixaram a trama melhor.
Jul 13, 2023 4:05 AM
Jun 2021
Me trajo demasiados recuerdos a re:zero
Sep 24, 2023 9:16 AM

Mar 2023
Reset points getting shorter is a nice touch to add pressure.

Weak writing for this episode imo.
Monster getting fully revealed this early is not a good decision.
Monster treating it like a game/simulation when the show was trying to build atmosphere at the start kills horror potential it had and is counterintuitive to immersion.
The death sequence was weak as well, when he asked to be shot it was a little too absurd.
Dec 21, 2023 2:17 PM
May 2020
i am posting this here to gather up my thoughts and decide if i should drop here. i foresee the rest of the anime being somewhat similar to re:zero where he comes back in time bunch of times to somehow fix everything i hated that gimmick in re:zero i already hate it here i am not even that curious about finding out whats going on, first episode was pretty amazing 2 to 4 were decent until this episode i read that some of the problems i had from this episode would get justified later so maybe if i didnt hate this kind of time travel it would be worth continuing but as it stands i'll call it quits

i am a bit surprised there arent many others leaving a similar comment like mine but then again judging by how much people love re:zero on this site i shouldnt be surprised people love this as well
asalkurDec 21, 2023 2:20 PM
Jan 3, 3:02 PM

Jul 2011
Reply to asalkur
i am posting this here to gather up my thoughts and decide if i should drop here. i foresee the rest of the anime being somewhat similar to re:zero where he comes back in time bunch of times to somehow fix everything i hated that gimmick in re:zero i already hate it here i am not even that curious about finding out whats going on, first episode was pretty amazing 2 to 4 were decent until this episode i read that some of the problems i had from this episode would get justified later so maybe if i didnt hate this kind of time travel it would be worth continuing but as it stands i'll call it quits

i am a bit surprised there arent many others leaving a similar comment like mine but then again judging by how much people love re:zero on this site i shouldnt be surprised people love this as well
@asalkur There's a twist with his power though,
Mar 6, 10:09 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, that was brutal.

I find it funny though that the shadow on the ground conveniently left Hizuru alive while it killed literally everyone else lol.

But I really appreciate how smart Shinpei is and that he doesn't waste time asking all the important questions.

Hearing all the hubub about the second half of the anime tanking, I'm getting worried because I really like how it's going right now lol. Guess we'll see.
Mar 10, 2:36 PM

May 2021
So shadows can actually die
Expected them to be stronger but given that there on a secluded island.There really isn’t much of a threat from firearms
The eye and time powers are finally explained
Guessing he got the eye from the introduction in the first ep or “gift”
“Mother” appearance is not what I expected it to look like.Thought she would be way more inhuman
Karva1Mar 10, 2:43 PM
Inhales oxygen
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
May 31, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

475 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

200 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.