Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2022 2:00 PM
Aug 2021
This anime is very cute, I'm enjoying it a lot
Jan 8, 2022 2:00 PM

Jan 2020
Man, this was wholesome and cute as hell! Hope this doesn't get rushed or anything later on.
Jan 8, 2022 2:08 PM

Aug 2020
I loved this first episode.

Wakana Gojou is a simple boy who likes to paint dolls and everything related to them, to the point of talking to them. Marin Kitagawa is a popular charming girl from the same school as his. She loves anime and manga, and want to make a Shizuku's cosplay; a character she really likes. Marin asked Wakana to make the outfit for her, and even though he never did clothes for people he will try his best. Let the show begin!

I liked the opening and ending, they are sweet. The animation is great as well.

Jan 8, 2022 2:09 PM

Jan 2021
That was surprisingly good. And the animation is gorgeous. Wait... these are the same thoughts i had when i saw Wonder Egg. Cloverworks please don't ruin this...

チュブリツァ

Jan 8, 2022 2:11 PM

Aug 2013
No wonder that so many people loves the manga. Great start. Can't wait for next episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 8, 2022 2:23 PM

Jun 2009
Marin is such a precious treasure. Hey character (design) and personality are just so good!
I really love her, finally animated <3
Jan 8, 2022 2:24 PM

Sep 2018
I guess i'm learning to sew, XD
Jan 8, 2022 2:27 PM
Feb 2018
Swagernator said:
Marin is gonna sell this show like nothing before.

What am i even saying, we saw this before already. Isn't that the dream right ? Being an absolute nobody, and just it happens that a smoking hot blonde from your class get interested in you cause you can sew. Jesus Japan, get a grip already. Another average manga gets elevated because of its production value.

I read manga for the story
I watch anime for animation and fanservice

So yeah personally i like this average anime hahaha
Jan 8, 2022 2:33 PM

Oct 2017
What a great way to start the season. Wasn’t expecting the enjoy this as much as I did. Eagerly awaiting the next episode.
Jan 8, 2022 2:44 PM

May 2021
We finally get to watch the first episode of this amazing series! I love the manga a lot and this episode did not disappoint. Marin is really best girl of this season!
Voice actors fit the characters perfectly and they sound as I thought they would whilst reading it.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 8, 2022 2:44 PM

Nov 2011
Great start, really liked Runway, similar vibes here, hopefully the romance won't detract things.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 8, 2022 2:54 PM
Oct 2010
Just the one scene has me primed to watch another episode, where he has the misunderstanding that she's vamping him... then turns on the Serious Mode when it comes to the shabby workmanship. THIS dress is the same as the pic? B***h plz! Haha.
Jan 8, 2022 3:04 PM

Jul 2014
I know a little bit about the manga so I was excited about this one and fuck yeah, this first episode was great!

Marin is love, Marin is life <3. We are just starting the year and she is already best girl of the year haha, I love her so much! By the way, quite the title of the series to which Marin's favorite character is from lol. Pretty appropriate reaction from Gojou I must say xD.
Jan 8, 2022 3:09 PM
May 2021
Great start for this anime. OP with those visuals was really awesome.
For me, Marin and Itsuki Nakano will be the best waifu ever of 2022.
Jan 8, 2022 3:19 PM

Jan 2021
The animation was really good it was crisp I heard about the concept of the anime and it was interesting so I had to check it out and it’s good
Jan 8, 2022 3:25 PM

Jul 2010
"Don't make fun of other people' hobbies!"
Yup this one goes straight into my waifu collection, thank you very much
Jan 8, 2022 3:31 PM

Nov 2019
Its a nice start, with Gojo-kun seemingly taking steps to grow and with Kitagawa so relatable, this series will sure be great fun~!

I hope Kitagawa does manage to get her cosplay soon
Jan 8, 2022 3:33 PM
Jun 2021
I can't describe how much I loved the episode!!! it was damn damn damn goood!!! And I have just read 18 chapters of the manga, and let me tell you~~~ this anime going to be a banger, especially that CloverWorks is the one adapting it!! OMG!OMG!OMG! I just hope that the studio won't ruin the story!
Jan 8, 2022 3:37 PM
Oct 2013
Nice, i liked it too much.
Just one thing, i feel like Marin's voice doesn't fit her well, maybe it's me..
Anyway very good start!
Jan 8, 2022 3:46 PM

Aug 2018
I liked it. One of the ones I was waiting for (from the new ones, not from other seasons) and it was a good episode.
And yes, Kitagawa is very pretty.
The opening is nice and the ending is good.
PS: When Kitagawa says the name of the series hahaha.
Jan 8, 2022 3:56 PM
Jun 2013
Swagernator said:

What am i even saying, we saw this before already. Isn't that the dream right ? Being an absolute nobody, and just it happens that a smoking hot blonde from your class get interested in you cause you can sew. Jesus Japan, get a grip already. Another average manga gets elevated because of its production value.

It's almost as if a anime adaptation is supposed to elevate the source material, crazy right?

Btw, the manga is very popular in Japan long before the anime.
Shinuki_n_RebornJan 8, 2022 4:01 PM
Jan 8, 2022 3:59 PM

Apr 2020
Wtf, like what the fuck, what in the holy fuck did I just watch. This anime, the damn shining that it is, is a fucking beauty!!!.

Every minute of this first episode is a blessing, and wow we're in for a great ride. So it seems that I can instantly relate to a character, in the form of Gojou. His interests are different from the norm, and for a certain edgy anime MC, they can respect that. And then there's this Marin gal, which I'll be honest, I'm a little fazed off her. But if I'm going to be more honest, in any given moment that she's in the screen, she is FILLING UP my energy instantaneously and the smile on my face is CONSISTENT. It's been a DAMN LONG TIME since I've enjoyed an instant best girl in an anime.

The chemistry between our two leads (just like in Slow Loop, Police in a Pod, and ofc Takagi-san) is already on a positive start right from the get-go. And even though they live in opposite worlds, their mutual interests led to a birth of a friendship. Oh and fanservice...damn would I enjoy them in my imagin---

Anyways, nice start for the series. Just like Akebi-chan, I got a lot of screenshots from this episode (maybe a bit more than Akebi). So with Akebi-chan taking on the WEP animation greatness, and with My Dress-Up Darling taking on Horimiya similarities, CloverWorks is on a very good start for this Winter 2022 season. Let's just hope that Tokyo 24 would not end up like TPN 2...that's a tangent not worth ignoring.
Jan 8, 2022 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
The scenery is really beautiful, I have that praise the production of this anime.

Protagonist has a weird taste but it didn't bother me, although he likes dolls a lot, it is still something strange.
Jan 8, 2022 4:04 PM
Sep 2021
MangagnaM said:
Ngl, ain't a fan of Gojo from this episode. He came across as annoying more than anything to me for some reason. Marin's ight. Anime looks pretty atleast and I like the amount of movement shown through its animation here to make everyone feel more alive in this series and not have everyone be robots. Just wish I dug Gojo and concept of the series a lot more besides just Marin wanting Gojo to design cosplay fits for her. Don't really feel the chemistry from ep 1 but time should be able to fix that.
Yeah, this is probably intentional for character development purposes. Also it kinda makes sense he’s like this because it said he haven’t made a single friend until high school + that incident in his childhood
Jan 8, 2022 4:09 PM

Jan 2021
Oh I'm really going to love this anime, I can feel it. Its going to be a treat every Saturday afternoon. This first episode nailed it in the character dynamics and the plot. Not to mention how fluid the animation was with the girl and other areas. Also the ed is stylized always a good sign for a diamond of a anime, shows how much the animators care about the show. If you can't tell, I'm already hooked on this show.

BTW I have a friend who does cosplay and I can already tell she's going to love this show.
Jan 8, 2022 4:10 PM

Feb 2017
omg wtf wow this was AMAZING!!! kitagawa is already best girl for me this season

placeholder text
Jan 8, 2022 4:18 PM

Aug 2020
Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru is my most awaited anime of Winter 2022. I was not disappointed one bit by the first episode. Everything was amazing. Watching the series showed me how Kitagawa likes cosplay and was impressed by Gojou's hobby, that’s why she asked him to make her cosplay clothes. And as things progress, she slowly influences Gojou in this world of her own. I love how she influences him. I'll give this a 10/10 for now. I am very excited about the next episode!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 8, 2022 4:21 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I didn’t know about this series until I saw it on the live chart, and then I found out it’s highly anticipated, and I can see why now, this was a very good first episode. I went in not really knowing what to expect besides the genres, but man it really delivered. The show looks very good, as expected of Cloverworks, and the plot is pretty unique, I didn’t know how much I would like it based on the synopsis but I can say I was pleasantly surprised, the main characters are definitely a great duo. I can also see Kitagawa being a best girl of the season for many, not sure about myself but we shall see, and I really like Gojo too. I can probably say I will 100% enjoy this going forward.

And the OP and ED were both very good, both had a very good song and were great visually. Can see them being favorites by the end of the season.
Jan 8, 2022 4:23 PM

Jul 2014
This was really great! Definitely my favorite show of the season so far.
Jan 8, 2022 4:25 PM
Jun 2013
MangagnaM said:
Ngl, ain't a fan of Gojo from this episode. He came across as annoying more than anything to me for some reason.

Seems like you would be one of these person judging him as a weird person because of his hobby and isolating him, he did literally nothing to come across as a annoying person, imagine you being just a boy developing a taste for something, and a girl, probably a childhood friend, saying to your face you shouldn't like something because you're a boy, and that is disgusting and she hates you, this is something really traumatizing for a kid, and honestly, he grew up a lot better compared to what would be with many other boys in his place, probably because he had his grandpa support, he wasn't even acting like he's superior and others are trash, he is simply a introvert/depressive guy that feels out of place because he doesn't know how to comunicate with others through his fear of being mocked/judged.
Shinuki_n_RebornJan 8, 2022 4:29 PM
Jan 8, 2022 4:41 PM
Jan 2022
Definitely good animation and not a bad premise. Script coulda used a second draft though. Overall not bad, ill see where it goes.
Jan 8, 2022 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
Oo-Kami said:
Swagernator said:

Runway de Waratte is a total different genre tho
Kisekoi is mainly about having fun and relationships while Runway is mostly about serious competition and both different parts of modeling and high couture making.
thank you so much. That's what I wanted to hear.
Jan 8, 2022 5:00 PM

Oct 2021
That guy who said will treat him juice is the mvp for me, hope we see more of him.
Jan 8, 2022 5:05 PM

Dec 2021
Really high quality production, i hope they keep up the quality till end of series, story no comment, but damn art and animation is so good
Jan 8, 2022 5:11 PM

Jun 2021
Good episode 1. Not too crazy about the MC, but everything else was fine.
Jan 8, 2022 5:15 PM

Apr 2012
ngl, when i saw her hitting her head on the desk i got platinum end flashbacks

also when Gojo cut his finger and his gramps was like "i will go get some more bandages" i thought he would go out to the convenience store and he would get into a car accident or something
Jan 8, 2022 5:47 PM

May 2018
This is beyond my expectation. Kitagawa-san is very cute here. And of course, our gentleman Gojo.

My hope is, for the love of god please, keep this awesomeness till the end of season.
Jan 8, 2022 5:49 PM

May 2021
The MC is pretty realistic, I like it, the detail of remembering some small conversation through days was beautiful, and his "trauma" is so insignificant that it is good, the strength of words is sometimes amazing. I liked the start, the issue of being yourself and doing what you want is being tackled correctly, and the visuals and ost are some good quality. Hope they do some focus on sewing, the concepts that they threw around were interesting

Jan 8, 2022 6:04 PM

Feb 2014
Marin-chan finally makes her anime debut. So glad to see her emotions and movement come to life.
Also Gojo's VA does a good job of changing voices based on emo's and exp.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 8, 2022 6:06 PM

Oct 2018
Ugh... Another Horimiya like generic waifu bait anime, huh? There's any other new romance anime that has unique plot?

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jan 8, 2022 6:14 PM

Apr 2015
Best girl of 2022 already confirmed in the first week of 2022??

A really great premiere. Art is good, Cloverworks showing something good again. Characters are really likable, especially Marin.

"You just don't go making fun of things people clearly like." The quote that definitely sold the show for me. Definitely hit a bit on a personal level, as I've been plagued with the "Hobby-shaming" in my youth..

Overall so far the best premiere this season right now and I am so far surprised with the solid performances of the VA's. Also for some reason I didn't expect to see this kind of fanservice here, but it's pretty well done and there's bound to be more, so I welcome it!
Jan 8, 2022 6:48 PM

Jul 2016
Introvert dude with self-esteem issues meets super genki otaku gyaru hottie? Gojou is definitively living the dream!

Decent start overall. I can already tell Marin will be among this season's best girls without a doubt.

So... how did she exactly manage to fly like that?
Jan 8, 2022 7:02 PM

Apr 2021
Ik it's too early to say from the first ep but I see why there are a lot who love its manga. I don't know why everything in this animation is so pretty from the characters itself, to the bg, up to the littlest thing on it. This is sparkling in everyone's eyes! Cloverworks really put a lot of their resources for this and I could say that it is a success.

Also searched for both mains' VA since I am not familiar with them and it's quite surprising that they are amateurs. They did a good job to portray the necessary emotion for their respective characters.

Marin as a new top-tier waifu to be added on the list? Definitely a YES!

Jan 8, 2022 7:33 PM

Jun 2019
This one looks like it’ll be pretty fun. The characters are likable and not too generic. The art is good and it has a nice message at the end of the day. Hope the fanservice doesn’t get too bad.
Jan 8, 2022 7:47 PM

Jan 2011
good start i been looking forward to this was lewder than i was expecting and i didn't know of the actual doll making aspect with Gojo while he seems a bit creepy with his admiration to his craft hes quite skilled a making clothes

so all i can sum this up as Gal-ko 2.0 and smile down the runway but it's for cosplay instead of modeling

and gosh does it look nice but uh cloverworks is a big red flag
Jan 8, 2022 8:12 PM

Oct 2021
I don't know but I am loving this anime already!! (This episode is 5/5 for me)
It was a great start though the face gojo made while staring at the doll was creepy asf.
Finn086Jan 8, 2022 11:35 PM
Jan 8, 2022 8:12 PM
Jan 2021
And.... opposites attract yet again.
Jan 8, 2022 8:38 PM

Jan 2016
What a great first episode. I am super excited for the rest of this anime. Not being caught up to most of the recent anime, I am happy to be able to have the time to watch this one.
Jan 8, 2022 8:44 PM

Aug 2020
The animation was better than I was expecting, especially after watching the other Winter 2022 anime, but frankly I thought the main girl was by far the worst part of the show. I cannot stand her, she is just an annoying gyaru and she ruined the first episode for me. I realise I am in the minority here but I might end up dropping this early on just because of her.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Jan 8, 2022 9:28 PM
Sep 2019
great start , good op.ed, excited, seems a similar plot setup to bottom tier tomozaki and I loved that show, so let's see
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» For what reasons did most watch My Dress Up Darling? ( 1 2 3 )

fallout45 - Aug 7, 2022

103 by griddyweeb »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

487 by griddyweeb »»
Yesterday, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

192 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 5, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

243 by Over1dynasty »»
Apr 29, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 12, 2022

231 by Netbug »»
Apr 29, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.