Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 24, 2021 11:46 AM

Jul 2020
MegaStride said:
Scordolo said:
I didn't even knew today was the episode.That's how less interested I am in Mha.It's pretty sad cuz it was the anime that got me into watching anime.Again,nothing really happened this episode. The first half was all flashback and the training of the main 3. What do they even learn from this training other than improving their speed? The training system is pretty useless if the teacher doesn't even teach them anything. When they visited Todoroki's house, it was also useless cuz there wasn't any development at all. The only reason people including me are sticking around is cuz of MVA arc or many would've dropped it already but then again, MVA alone cannot save this season. I hope MVA arc stretches all the way to season 6 so it doesn't feel rushed at all but seems like that'll not be the case.

If you’ve read the manga, you would know this training isn’t useless and by far the most important training session Deku has ever had. Guess you didn’t pay that much attention to reading the manga.

Enlighten me why the training is important then.
DRAGONIC5SOUMIK said:
06:22
06:22 who's that red-haired boy????? Toya is shown to have white hair
plz explain someone
davidyodo24 said:
winshenv said:
what is the real colour of touya's hair actually???? first i saw it red then todays episode its white wth??

Yeah i was like wtf is going on

It's explained later don't worry.If you're curious check here MAJOR SPOILER BTW

skizzyeldiablo said:
Natinnine said:
I love how the entire fandom at this point is just like "JuSt waIT foR tHE Next ArK it wiLL BLow YoUR miNd Away" honestly I am finding this season really disappointing. Hope they are right.

Yeah the next 2 arcs are really solid & things get really intense from that point forward, in the manga my favorite arc happens prior to the endeavor arc after class a & b fights but they went a different direction with it & switched the order in the anime, which is a shame because certain parts won’t hit the same but I’m actually worried they might skip the arc completely or show it in flashbacks instead which would literally be the worst thing they could do. As long as they don’t completely drop the ball with the anime you should be in store for the best arcs yet back to back start with the end of this season or the beginning of next season. My suspicion is they switched the order of arcs to have a good finale for season 5 since the second half of season 4 sucked butthole after a pretty hype arc to start it.

Season 4 ended GODLY with Endeavor vs Nomu but people still bring up Mirio's fight.Even if they make this season godly in the end there will ALWAYS be someone who'll bring up the joint training and the boring Endeavor arc.
ScordoloJul 24, 2021 12:02 PM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 24, 2021 11:58 AM
Jul 2019
Can't be the only one who thinks Bakugo has become ten times more annoying than what he was in earlier seasons ?

He was always rude but I feel last 2 seasons particularly have made him a complete idiot.

It's like the author liked this about the character and thought that's what people enjoyed about him so pumped it up massively.

Anyway, the episode on its own is good. It's more of a set up episode. That's kinda a problem though.

MHA has become nothing bar set up episodes over set up episodes. Lots of teasing with nothing to show for ultimately.

How come a cool idea like the 3 main characters working under Endeavor turns out into such a drag ? I bet the author would have written this arc far better if he wrote it while he was writing season 2 or early season 3.

I feel like the author of MHA is just becoming worse and worse as the story keeps on progressing.
Jul 24, 2021 12:04 PM

Mar 2020
A lot of flashbacks but still a good episode. I always like to see todoroki's family drama. A 4/5 episode for me
Jul 24, 2021 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
Fuyumi and Burnin are the only good things in this episode lol
Jul 24, 2021 12:19 PM
Dec 2020
Honestly, I felt that this whole episode was very mediocre and most of it was scenes that we have seen already. Also, we already know the main issues that surround the Todoroki family, they don't need to re-hash them every 2 seconds. On top of that, introducing Toya Todoroki at the end, then sidelining it by showing a new villain is kind of stupid in my opinion. Side note, i feel like Toya is meant to resemble Izuku a little bit, don't know if that's just me though. Overall, pretty average episode.
Jul 24, 2021 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting contrast between Deku and Bakugo how the view the whole family Todoroki situation.

Bakugo especially is a whole different level of boldness. 😆
Jul 24, 2021 12:44 PM
Aug 2020
Penguin_Dragneel said:
Ok, now I'm starting to get concerned.

I figured if they finished up the Endeavor Agency arc this episode, we'd be able to get a perfectly paced MVA adaptation for the last 8 episodes. But now it looks like we're only getting 7.

Why did they think it was a good idea to pad out half this episode with flashbacks? Not to mention, only adapting 14 pages of material for one episode is just unacceptable for a seasonal series.

I agree with the part of adapting 1 chap in this episode was a weak idea, it certainly caused a ruckus with the flashbacks.

But mva can still be executed within the 7-8 episode range but since we got 7 episodes left, it’s still in a safe spot for execution, at least now mva won’t be padded out with flashbacks like how JT did.
Jul 24, 2021 2:16 PM
Jun 2021
Scordolo said:
MegaStride said:

If you’ve read the manga, you would know this training isn’t useless and by far the most important training session Deku has ever had. Guess you didn’t pay that much attention to reading the manga.

DRAGONIC5SOUMIK said:
plz explain someone
davidyodo24 said:

Yeah i was like wtf is going on

It's explained later don't worry.If you're curious check here MAJOR SPOILER BTW

skizzyeldiablo said:

Yeah the next 2 arcs are really solid & things get really intense from that point forward, in the manga my favorite arc happens prior to the endeavor arc after class a & b fights but they went a different direction with it & switched the order in the anime, which is a shame because certain parts won’t hit the same but I’m actually worried they might skip the arc completely or show it in flashbacks instead which would literally be the worst thing they could do. As long as they don’t completely drop the ball with the anime you should be in store for the best arcs yet back to back start with the end of this season or the beginning of next season. My suspicion is they switched the order of arcs to have a good finale for season 5 since the second half of season 4 sucked butthole after a pretty hype arc to start it.

Season 4 ended GODLY with Endeavor vs Nomu but people still bring up Mirio's fight.Even if they make this season godly in the end there will ALWAYS be someone who'll bring up the joint training and the boring Endeavor arc.

Oh true I forgot that’s how it’s finished I’m more so referring to using up most of the end of the season for the Festival & Gentle episodes cause that’s definitely my least favorite part of the story all around. Endeavor fight was definitely awesome. I actually don’t mind the endeavor training arc but I think they spent too much time with it in the anime & it followed up the joint training arc so this season feels even slower. With the endeavor fight being only 2 episodes or so this stretch of episodes starting from the festival have been super mid so I can’t blame anyone hating on the show as of recent. They gave everyone such a small taste of awesome just to give us a complete season worth of episodes that are basically canon filler.
Jul 24, 2021 2:53 PM
Feb 2021
This time the episode was really interesting, seeing them improving so much at the Endeavor Internship was great for their growth as professional heroes.
The Endeavor devolopment with his family has been amazing, maybe is the part that I´m liking the most in this "slow-pacing" season. And this episode had a little bit of more work on their relationship, even showing us about a missed Todoroki´s Brother which I´m very curious who he is (I teorize that can be Dabi because of his blue eyes, hair format and quirk, therefore that brother is still alive)
What are y'all thoughts about this episode? In my opinion for a "slow-pacing" season, the episode was really good and interesting.
Jul 24, 2021 2:54 PM
Jun 2021
It was really cool to see Endeavor's flashbacks, we can see that he's really trying to overcome the past.
Jul 24, 2021 4:19 PM

Nov 2015
Very weird how the first episode of this arc started with lightning-fast pacing, a bunch of stuff introduced at once, the Meta Liberation Army, that Hawks is working for them but is actually a double agent, they're a major threat even though they were nonexistent for the previous 4 seasons, then Endeavor's agency and his major sidekicks, etc, and then for the next episodes the pacing slows down to a crawl. This episode dedicates half of its runtime to flashbacks we've already seen in this exact season already (not to mention all the times they've shown us the exact same flashbacks in previous seasons). What's going on here?
Jul 24, 2021 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
what an amazing episode you can see that the situation of the Todoroki family didn't change even though he became the hero 1 it didn't help it's nothing I hope this Todoroki family overcomes this trauma.
Jul 24, 2021 4:58 PM

Jul 2019
Wow. So they are literally recycling the same scenes now. Man, talk about padding up the anime for the movie. The upcoming movie better be good cause the previous two were garbage.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 24, 2021 5:30 PM
Nov 2019
i predict that that guy with the white hair that everyone thought was shigaraki is his son OR it's the guy who's in the preview with toilet paper covering his face can't wait for this anime to be over already.
Jul 24, 2021 6:45 PM

Jun 2020
@MrBrawlz ur hype aint deliva 🤣🤣😐😑
Jul 24, 2021 6:56 PM
Jun 2017
TOdoroki's family sure is a complicated one that even Deku and kacchan are already being aware of the said situation...
Jul 24, 2021 7:01 PM
Nov 2020
am i the only one that thinks this season has been adapted very badly? this is probably one of my favourite chapters of all time and it just didnt have the same effect the manga had on me and i dont even know why. i recently re-read some chapters from season 5 and i just think this season could have been way better
Jul 24, 2021 7:06 PM

Feb 2014
I dislike Bakugo, his tsundere like behaviour annoys me. "WHY ARE WE HERE?" if you don't feel like going to Shoto's house turn back and go home no one is obliging him to be there, he is too over the top, it surprises me how often he gets to top3 in Japanese charts.
Jul 24, 2021 7:34 PM
Feb 2020
This would've been a really good change of pace...if it wasn't like the 17th episode in a season with very little plot moving forward.
Jul 24, 2021 7:39 PM
Mar 2015
Endeavor cannot do much for his family now
Jul 24, 2021 7:52 PM

Jul 2013
Like many others I also enjoyed this episode. Yes, there were quite some flashbacks but this shows again the ongoing inner conflict of Endeavor, how hard he tries to bring his family back together and also to be a better father for his kids. This is honestly a bigger task as being the Number 1 hero, but even if it seems like he can't do to much atm I'm also sure he won't give up.

As Endeavor acknowledged Fuyumi helped him so much in all that time and she's also the reason the family still holds somewhat together. Midoriya and Bakugo both getting invited for dinner was great to see, even if Midoriyas analysis of the food almost turned it into Food Wars format and Bakugo just being annoyed like 90% of the time :D
My god the tension at the table even for me was so uncomfortable which got also perfectly shown by the reaction of Midoriya and Bakugo. Like Bakugo said this isn't something you would expect when you get invited. But at the same time I loved what Midoriya said towards Todoroki. These were definitely the kind of words Todoroki needed to hear and as we could see this also might seem to count for his brother Natsu. Maybe talking with an outsider like Midoriya and hearing his opinion on this situation will help.

I appreciate episodes like this because it gives depth to the characters and also the world of MHA. Besides the sports festival where we got to hear about Todorokis family problems for the first time it's also the first time we see main characters interacting on a private level with such a serious topic.

Would be amazing to see more like this in the future.

Jul 24, 2021 7:53 PM

Jul 2015
midoriya's words to todoroki resonate with me cause I'm struggling with the topic of forgiving someone as well. I hope the todoroki family finally find peace and resolution. I wanna know more about the eldest son Toya..
Jul 24, 2021 7:58 PM

Jul 2016
Todoroki family drama > Everything else. My man Endeavor is trying but Natsuo keeps acting as if he was the one who received the beatings and the nasty scar on his face.

On the other hand, Fuyumi is such a sweetheart. I love her ♥
Jul 24, 2021 8:23 PM
Nov 2020
ChiTownTexan said:
My flashback academia. Endeavor agency probably could have been finished this episode but half the episode was flashbacks. Another week of waiting for mva.
Just realized that this episode literally covered one chapter with how padded it was, honestly what the fuck is happening.
There are still 8-9 chapters left before the start of LIBERATION WAR ARC Hope they just end this arc in next episode and then start MVA arc.
Jul 24, 2021 8:52 PM
Feb 2017
Scordolo said:
MegaStride said:

Since you missed it
Jul 24, 2021 9:04 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
My feelings about this season have been up and down but I liked this episode for some reason. Bakugo was funny as hell and overall, I felt for Endeavor. Haven't felt much for any of the characters lately so it was nice. Looking forward to the next arc that everyone has been talking about.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Jul 24, 2021 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
davidyodo24 said:
In the flashback isn't Toya Hair is Red right?
Because the other kids was Fuyumi and Natsuo.
Why in the Photo he has a white hair? Lmao I'm confused, is this an Error by the Studio?

So Endeavor think Toya is dead...
Now I'm curious what the story behind it.
They keep Teasing us about Toya, it must be something important later on.

I'm still gonna hold on my prediction about Toya is actually Dabi.

---

DRAGONIC5SOUMIK said:
plz explain someone

---

had the same question yesterday.
decided to give a manga an another go from chapter 300.

it was explained there. about the hair color's issue

im not sure if that was design or just a mistake writer made because he ( writer ) will explain it in the future arc. dont worry, anime will cover that part eventually.

incase you guys want a spoiler :
Jul 24, 2021 9:24 PM
Feb 2021
It was a good episode, i enjoyed it quite a lot. Maybe it had some flashbacks, but they weren't a big deal honestly. I really could feel the awkwardness in the air (maybe because it was pretty relatable) , wich I think it was what they were going for.

On the other hand I feel dissappointed to see endeavor's "lessons" kinda are just "try harder", maybe I was expecting a little more depth into that.

Also, I haven't read the manga yet, so I can't spoil anything, but for me it's pretty damn obvious who that "Toya" kid at the end is
Jul 24, 2021 11:08 PM

Jan 2020
A lot of flashbacks but I guess seeing more of todoroki's family is interesting. The mystery of toya is also one that I'm curious to learn more about

Jul 25, 2021 12:14 AM

Sep 2014
Seems that most people don't mind it, but I really hate how they are trying to make us feel sad because "Endeavor wants to reconcile and it's hard".
Yes, he recognizes that he did wrong, and I'm happy to see characters change for the better, but I really dislike that they try so hard to make us feel sad about him because some in his family can't accept what he did, without any bad consequences for him.
Like, "oh, he mentally breaked their mother and mistreated his familiy? Well, just get over it, duh".
Also, "his mother is finally reconvering, let use that as an excuse to make Shoto forgive the person who did it!". It almost sounds like she is in the wrong and is the one to blame here.

With that said, Natsuo is the only one that seems to have a bit more of common sense, I hope they keep it like that and not just another "well, I guess I'm forgiving you too" because some cheap words about "you have to forgive people doesn't matter how bad they were/are" make him change idea.
joexmdqJul 25, 2021 12:17 AM
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Jul 25, 2021 12:51 AM
Nov 2016
This was a pretty good episode, one of the best episodes in this season, it's probably the 3rd best episode for me in this season, I do enjoy episodes revolving the Todoroki family after all.

There's 2 things I don't understand though:

-

In the 1st picture there's a kid with red hair which I suppose is Toya but in the 2nd picture Toya has white hair instead. Is this an animation error?
Jul 25, 2021 1:46 AM

Jun 2015
UMMMMMM only 1 chapter adapted???
I don't feel so good MVA-sisters...
Jul 25, 2021 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
So far this season we have 11 episodes of nothing matters, 1 episode of filler, and half an episode of what's basically a recap. If testing my patience is what they're going for, they surely have succeeded.
Jul 25, 2021 2:05 AM

Aug 2013
Ohhh god BNA living its worst season
Jul 25, 2021 2:54 AM
Oct 2019
Khalifla said:
Ohhh god BNA living its worst season

BNA? Brand New Animal?
Jul 25, 2021 2:58 AM

May 2018
Too much recap but the food looked delicious!
Jul 25, 2021 4:03 AM

Aug 2019
seems like Natsu needs a pacifier with the way he’s acting like a fucking baby
Jul 25, 2021 4:22 AM

Oct 2015
xZabuzax said:
This was a pretty good episode, one of the best episodes in this season, it's probably the 3rd best episode for me in this season, I do enjoy episodes revolving the Todoroki family after all.

There's 2 things I don't understand though:

-

In the 1st picture there's a kid with red hair which I suppose is Toya but in the 2nd picture Toya has white hair instead. Is this an animation error?

Yes, it's an anime error. Toya's hair was supposed to be white in the top image from season 1 and Natsuo's hair isn't supposed to be full white, it should have patches of red like his sister.

All the trouble they go through to ensure the anime is as accessible to children and casuals alike with the constant flashbacks and name/Quirk info every time a character pops up on screen and they go and change a character's hair and confuse the shit out of people. It makes no damn sense.
MoonStar9Jul 25, 2021 4:26 AM
Jul 25, 2021 4:49 AM

Apr 2020
bakugo told the correct/right fact/thing that "don't show your sensitive private family matters to your guests
Jul 25, 2021 7:33 AM

Aug 2020
Man, Bakugo and Deku picked right up on that tension when Natsu called Endeavor out, haha.

Ending (that's that villain's name) REALLY doesn't need a whole episode... He could've been this episode instead of burying the first half in mostly flashbacks. This visit to the Todoroki house could've been a tight one ep story, but... oh well. Means we're down to 7 to squeeze MVA into.

On a lighter note, Fuyumi is Wife AF. Like, forreals, just look at her.

Jul 25, 2021 7:50 AM
Jul 2020
I just want my villain academia lol i have been waiting so long. They rearranged the arcs just for a movie. The last 2 movies were not even good.
Jul 25, 2021 9:59 AM
Aug 2020
The anime's decision to change Toya's hair from white to red and Fuyumi's eyes from turquoise to gray will never not bug me, the Todoroki family's aesthetics are so much more interesting with the manga's color schemes imo. For the rest of the episode, the pacing was strange but I guess I'm just used to excessive flashbacks at this point. Just hoping this arc wraps up nicely and the next one isn't too rushed. I did like the trio's interactions but Midoriya and Bakugo were pretty unnecessary in the family scenes.
Jul 25, 2021 10:19 AM
Jan 2010
flashback inside flashback academia!
Jul 25, 2021 12:04 PM

May 2017
Are we supposed to feel sorry for Endevour? He's an abusive deadbeat father
Jul 25, 2021 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Another mid episode
Jul 25, 2021 4:12 PM

Dec 2016
Some of you are arguing about Touya's original hair color. Please just stay calm. Let's just wait for the big revelation when the actual episode comes so we can learn the origin about Touya's past and see for ourselves if it's actually red or white. I personally think he had red hair before it changed into white, but I prefer to wait so I can watch with my bare eyes the truth behind the change.

The family dinner with the guests (Midoriya and Bakugo) became sour and it's understandable. It's not easy to forgive Endeavor for what he'd done to his family in the past. It just needs time, but at least the father is changing little by little so the family can finally accept him. The episode was good even so :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 25, 2021 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode, the whole Todoroki family problems took another level, but that ending scene with Midoriya, damn what a goat.

It seems like that guy will kidnap Todoroki's older brother, so let's see how that will go.

Also, the whole Endeavor "dream" slowly becomes more and more as a possibility that he might die, especially with the whole family drama, that would make so sense but i do hope i am wrong.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 25, 2021 8:20 PM
Apr 2020
This episode was actually good, even knowing what happens in the Manga I still feel the todoroki family struggle and I really enjoyed how they are doing Endevour arc. The problem is how they fit it out of order(MvA should've came first) and in a season with 2 fillers and one episode the feels a lot like like filler(christmas) while having very few episodes to adapt the best part of the season.(or at least the part that was supposedly to be best)

let's pray they really bring their S game to adapt MVA in such few episodes left, anything less will be disapointing at this point. Which is a shame since MVA and the next season are bound to be some of the best parts of the story so far

this episode would be much more liked by the community if it was fitted in a better place, it was a good episode aired at a bad time.
Jul 25, 2021 8:44 PM
Apr 2021
Criticiza said:
I feel like there’s a balance between set up and climax, and personally I’m not feeling this season has a good balance of things. We’re still in set up phase 17 episodes in - 16 without filler - and it doesn’t have that pacing that I can to expect from MHA. Don’t get me wrong the set up is much better this half than the first four, but it’s getting tiresome waiting for something to happen, if they started off with this cour or blasted through the class a bs class b arc, I might have not been this tired of it lol.

Episode on the whole was framing endeavours character more, and I quite enjoyed that. The amount of death flags for endeavour this episode was crazy, or was it just me who saw them? The idea of his family eating together without him etc may just be the idea that he ruined the family, but imo the foreshadowing is pouting to endeavour being changed forever and not in a good way. Even as a fairly obnoxious and overbearing person, endeavour undeniably is a great hero, from how he helped out people to the speed at which he arrived on scene.

Deku nearly switched the show into food wars with his PG analysis of the mapo tofu lmao, and Bakugos crass nature helped break things apart. The endeavour family does need healing for sure , and it’s not something they’ll overcome without major changes.
is the manga worth reading instead? i love this show but it’s been really dragging along and i don’t have the patience for it
Jul 25, 2021 10:18 PM

Aug 2017
davidyodo24 said:
But it could be the older brother are shorter, there is a possibility.

I don't think so. Look at the photo that Endevour is praying upon. It seems to me that Toya dissapeared when he was young. Possibly younger than Natsuo and Fuyumi appear to be at that age.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

213 by Kayle_Matthew »»
Jun 8, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

207 by Astro037 »»
May 31, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

147 by Skowyt »»
May 27, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

295 by WolfWood37 »»
May 24, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

120 by WolfWood37 »»
May 22, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.