Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2021 8:13 PM
Aug 2018
where did y'all watched it ?
Jan 13, 2021 12:50 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Playcool said:

The way you said it, it is like you have been praticising it all the time to make it sound cool or something.

It doesn't, and you are the dumb one to watch it, knowing it is an isekai.

Why people that don't like Isekais keep watching them and giving always the same kind of speech, IF you have hated them thus far, stop being dumb, there is a GREAT chance the genre isn't for you, so stop wasting your time on it, and focus on something you know you will probably like.

Dumb people these days, with their need for hating on something... truly masochists.

He is very good at doing this, watched 25 episodes of Sword Art Online, gave a "2" score only to keep watching every new season, even the movie, and give bad/mediocre scores for everything, not to mention the other series he gave bad scores and kept watching new seasons of it, and acts here like "i'm not wasting my time on this", i really don't understand those people watching dozen of episodes of stuff they don't like...

There is a lot of that culture on the internet these days, people want something to watch and spill their toxicity on, I would rather focus on fixing my life, getting where I want it to be, and reserve entertainment media, to something to be entertained and pleased with it.

Sometimes you chose something you had hopes for and end up disappointed, or just ticks you off, but I m never going to chose something like that from the beginning, willingly, if I knew it would bring out such a negative response from me...
PlaycoolJan 13, 2021 1:01 AM
Jan 13, 2021 4:52 AM

May 2019
ttcchen said:
where do you guys watch episode 2?

Zanich said:
How is the second ep out?
I couldn't find it anywhere but all of u r talking abt it.can someone please explain

Yann14 said:
where did y'all watched it ?

It is from a promotional pre-release of the 2 first ep on NicoNico, only being aired at dec/27, in japanese, for those bought online tickets to watch it.

Since it was a online streaming, the episodes got leaked to the seven seas and was subbed by fans.

Next weekend we will have the official release, what is exactly the same episode, but full HD and without a banner with the official release date.

MT is being broadcasted by Funimation, Wakanim and Muse Asia out of Japan.
Jan 13, 2021 5:02 AM

Dec 2010
Watched the first two episodes, decent adaption with a stunning visual, like it, hopefully is not just a 2 cour adaption, but they will adapt all the novel with more seasons.
Jan 13, 2021 6:30 AM

Feb 2020
Anyone who reads the LN can tell me if Roxy-sensei come back and have any important role in the story?
Jan 13, 2021 7:34 AM

Nov 2013
So MC is literally an UGLY/FAT BASTARD

LOOOL
Jan 13, 2021 8:43 AM

Apr 2020
vector_amv said:
Anyone who reads the LN can tell me if Roxy-sensei come back and have any important role in the story?

Jan 13, 2021 9:47 AM

Dec 2010
vector_amv said:

Jan 16, 2021 8:32 AM

Dec 2019
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Playcool said:

The way you said it, it is like you have been praticising it all the time to make it sound cool or something.

It doesn't, and you are the dumb one to watch it, knowing it is an isekai.

Why people that don't like Isekais keep watching them and giving always the same kind of speech, IF you have hated them thus far, stop being dumb, there is a GREAT chance the genre isn't for you, so stop wasting your time on it, and focus on something you know you will probably like.

Dumb people these days, with their need for hating on something... truly masochists.

He is very good at doing this, watched 25 episodes of Sword Art Online, gave a "2" score only to keep watching every new season, even the movie, and give bad/mediocre scores for everything, not to mention the other series he gave bad scores and kept watching new seasons of it, and acts here like "i'm not wasting my time on this", i really don't understand those people watching dozen of episodes of stuff they don't like...
Bro, not judging at all but your favorite anime is Boruto... just saying. As for SAO, I watched those seasons before Alicization premiered because people were saying it was pretty good and I wanted to give it a go, and I also gave it a pretty decent score. And also why do you care? I'm not simply trashing on the show, this is a thread for you to give your opinion and I think this show is shit and just wanted to say it, just keep scrolling down if you don't like it.
Jan 17, 2021 8:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That first scene was...weird xD
Rudy was heavily bullied in his previous life wow, I didn't expect it to be almost tortured naked, it's horrible, I totally understand that he was traumatized, even reincarnated.
Too bad that Roxxy left, she was a good sensei for Rudy, but seems like Rudy's powers are already OP, it's promising for the future events xD
Jan 17, 2021 8:34 AM

Jan 2017
Rudy's past life actions are really justified, wtf I've never seen students bullying that horribly

Hopefully he'll follow Roxy's advice and proceed to the school on/beyond the mountains
Jan 17, 2021 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Rudeus now is now a sacred-lever water mage. Impressive. Though I feel so bad for the horse. He looked so traumatised afterward.

Too bad Rudy's "Holy Relic" was confiscated at the end. XD

Jan 17, 2021 8:44 AM
Sep 2018
is it me or did they used a soundtrack mainly the guitar tune of gintama
Jan 17, 2021 8:44 AM

Mar 2019
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

LOOOL

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.
KuuroJan 18, 2021 8:27 AM
Jan 17, 2021 8:45 AM

Jul 2015
No horses were harmed killed during the production of this episode

Jan 17, 2021 8:46 AM

Aug 2012
The world building in this anime feels great.
Everything feels great in this anime TBH.
Jan 17, 2021 8:50 AM
Oct 2016
Roxy breaking Rudy out of his depression. It'd be easy to judge the Rudy solely by the how this episode began with him staying home and wacking it while his parents funeral was going on but its not as simple as it looks. Rudy dealt with immense abuse from his peers at school and was horribly traumatized by it. Leading to him becoming a recluse and not coming out for anything no matter what his parents even said trying to encourage him. It just made things worse, he never wanted to even look out the window thinking back to his abuse. That trauma carrying over to Rudy new life causing him to be scared of venturing beyond the garden of his home. Roxy having been living with the family for two years now has taught him many things with his magic training. She has taught him all she knows but he's obviously gotten more magic talent then even someone as powerful as Roxy. With it only growing over these years of her training. Now with his magic learning from her complete she must continue her journey around the world. This episode had some eater egg drops of information that will come up later on, excited to see them come to light later. Rudy has gotten very strong with his magic and now started his swordsman training as well. With Roxy help he's become much stronger in body and mind.
Jan 17, 2021 8:51 AM
Oct 2016
Toneworks said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

LOOOL

If you think is just wish fulfillment you're completely missing the point

Mod edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KuuroJan 18, 2021 8:28 AM
Jan 17, 2021 8:54 AM

Mar 2019
Dukino said:

You mean to tell me a very image of a basement dwelling neckbeard reincarnates into a handsome casanova is not wish fulfillment?

If the author really wants to make a story of pure redemption, have him get transported instead with all his fat and ugly glory and have him use that fat and ugly body to redeem himself.
Jan 17, 2021 8:57 AM

May 2014
CrossBlack said:
Another dumb, trash, cringey, self insert and generic Isekai, not wasting my time on this.
THE dumb, trash, cringey, self insert and generic Isekai, mind you others cannot get to the level mushoku does on all these categories dear friend, that is exactly why it's a must watch.

YeaOh!
Oct 2016
Toneworks said:
Dukino said:

You mean to tell me a very image of a basement dwelling neckbeard reincarnates into a handsome casanova is not wish fulfillment?

If the author really wants to make a story of pure redemption, have him get transported instead with all his fat and ugly glory and have him use that fat and ugly body to redeem himself.

Again missing the point. Its not pure wish fulfillment. That's the least of things going on. Pay attention to the trauma and self loathing that's being overcome. Stop being so jaded
Dec 2020
Wow a few unexpected scene here and there but, a great episode to start Rudy journey . A trauma from his past life is kind of unexpected for me and they approach this isekai anime differently than other isekai anime and I like it. With roxy gone now, where will this series go?
Jan 17, 2021 8:58 AM

Oct 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

LOOOL

A not so uncommon and unsavory archetype of the weeb community, sad to say.

Jan 17, 2021 8:58 AM
Oct 2016
Segmr said:
CrossBlack said:
Another dumb, trash, cringey, self insert and generic Isekai, not wasting my time on this.
THE dumb, trash, cringey, self insert and generic Isekai, mind you others cannot get to the level mushoku does on all these categories dear friend, that is exactly why it's a must watch.

Not dumb trashy or self insert. Y'all have no idea what's those words even mean you've used them so loosely
Jan 17, 2021 8:59 AM

Oct 2018
FragmantLemon said:
Rudy's past life actions are really justified, wtf I've never seen students bullying that horribly

Hopefully he'll follow Roxy's advice and proceed to the school on/beyond the mountains

Shit man I've had valuable pokemon cards stolen and ripped in front of me but this is next-level brutality.

Jan 17, 2021 9:02 AM

Nov 2017
this show (especially the mc) is like, really disgusting but the world and magic system is pretty interesting
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Jan 17, 2021 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

I'm surprised with how explicit this is at times, with Rudy's parents getting on with it quite loudly and Roxy choosing to pleasure herself just outside. xD

Anyway, Roxy is great. This episode made me like her even more. She's super nice and I loved the moment where she helped Rudy overcome his trauma from his old life by just being herself, nice, polite and helpful. Damn though, Rudy lived a rough school life, that was some crazy shit he had to go through. Ironic how many times it's the little things people do for you without noticing that often end up being the most memorable.

Graduation test was great, that poor horse though.
The final scene with Roxy's farewell and Rudy's thanking her from the bottom of his heart was beautiful. Definitely looking forward to more.
Jan 17, 2021 9:03 AM

Jul 2019
Toneworks said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

LOOOL

Now, imagine that fat and ugly bastard stick his dick into a teenage Eris. There you have a nukige/hentai plot.

Honestly its quite convenient that the fat and ugly bastard somehow reincarnates into a good looking dude. And people argue this isn't wish fulfillment for neckbeards everywhere
You really made that account just to shit on mushoku, uh? Dont get me wrong you can criticize it, its understandble, but making an account and literally trash it in almost every forum about it is kinda weird. In my view, your type of people belong in something more like the aot fandom
Jan 17, 2021 9:03 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like Rudy has taught everything Rudeus needed. Sad to see her go there but happy that he learned everything. Great episode.
Jan 17, 2021 9:05 AM

Jan 2015
Honestly I feel like the sexual scenes in this series could get toned down a little. They’re totally unnecessary. I really dislike the MC being that perverted. It makes me uncomfortable

Otherwise, flawless anime
Jan 17, 2021 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
I remember when I first read the LN online, I came across the scene at first where the main guy masturbated in his place during his parents' funeral (specified from what I read that it was some loli shit too) and his siblings kicked his ass out, severing ties with him. It was quite the first scene that made me really question the LN, so seeing it animated was kind of weird although the actual writing wasn't as graphic with the details, just showed his wanking and getting beat up in his past as well as suffering emotional trauma afterwards from shit that happened to him with the harassment.

Rudeus grows and grows and he's getting better and better with magic, still quite far off from ideal with swordsmanship though. He did turn 5 though and get some really sweet gifts from his parents and Roxy, and a sweet feast too prepared by the trio of women, especially his mom was excited for that, and graduated from Roxy with showing off what he can do with some advanced spells too after seeing Roxy do one. Kid's growing up in his abilities but definitely not in his inner personality since he's still a little horny devil on the inside, but at the same time, the others at the household were pretty horny too since Roxy at one point was caught flicking the bean to Rudy's parents doing it as usual, so I guess it runs in the family/household?
Jan 17, 2021 9:06 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Thought they would skip it since it didn't happen in the first episode but glad they brought it up in the second one. The reason he became a secluded person and why he got hit by a truck and died. Such a powerful adaption.
Can't wait for more.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 17, 2021 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
it's so scary how realistic main character is, usually we don't see degenerate side of main characters even if we see it's usually from ecchi shows so this is interesting
Jan 17, 2021 9:08 AM
Mar 2020
Yet again a stellar episode, wonderfully animated, wonderful voice acting and wonderful music. This anime is going straight to the top like what I said in the first episode.

I'm going to get some hate comment for this, but I actually love how they implemented Rudeus (Or well the MC's) flaw of him being a Neet. It isn't only used for comedic purposes, it's trauma. His perverted and disgusting side (though completely degenerate and horrible) isn't just a comedy aspect, but actually plays an important part in him coping with his depression and trauma. Rudeus, is human. This anime despite having typical tropes, is surprisingly very realistic and endearing in telling us why and how Rudeus became like what he became, and it serves an even greater reason to why Redeus is actually trying, by reading books and training with his parents + Roxy.

This isn't a story of a man trying to kill a demon lord to get back home, or find the love of his life, or become a harem king. No. It's a story of a man who failed in life and found a second chance, a chance that he will take. If this goes on for the next 22 episodes, this is straight up going to be the best Isekai around.
Jan 17, 2021 9:08 AM
Apr 2016
If anybody was interested:

- in the LN Rudy didn't try to fight with his little brother when he came to smash his PC and throw him out of the house; He just sat there sobbing and hoping it would be over soon => I really don't get why did they change it, it makes him seem a lot more aggresive and dickish
- the anime ommited many important informations regarding the world -> for example the village where Rudy lives is called "Buena village" and is located in "Fittoa Region" that is a part of "Asura Kingdom"
- the anime also ommited some informations about the magic and about the swordmanship (this is rather important)
- the final graduation was simplified
- Roxy hates peppers
JanPriJan 17, 2021 9:12 AM
Jan 17, 2021 9:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was so beautiful, this is why i love anime, i held back tears for almost the whole episode.

Also noticed for the first time really that the screen constantly moves slightly, that's an awesome effect IMO.

Sex and masturbation is a thing in life, now that an anime is showing it explicitly, people are losing their minds, another pointless mob.

Rudeus' relentless past shown like this is insane, i love how nothing gets hold back, he got pushed into a huge negative spiral up to the point of pushing everyone away.
Jan 17, 2021 9:10 AM

Mar 2019
shmoomp said:
this show (especially the mc) is like, really disgusting but the world and magic system is pretty interesting

This my friend, is the perfect description for the series.

People seem to think I shit on Mushoku at every given moment but in fact I quite like the world and setting because I like Isekai. Just the protagonist is too much for me to handle.
Jan 17, 2021 9:11 AM

Jul 2017
Her hair is pretty, her face is pretty, her personality is pretty, and many more about her is pretty. Yeah, Roxy is pretty.
Classic "if you still feels the same x years from now, come to me again". Lol. The previously-NEET Rudeus must have heard that million times before in dating sims.

Rudeus carried a pretty big trauma of how peoples been treating him irl, glad seeing that he is pretty much healed now with Roxy help. Now he is graduate, being mentally and magically strong. They had to say goodbye, but they will meet again, don't worry guys.
Jan 17, 2021 9:16 AM
Nov 2020
Toneworks said:
shmoomp said:

This my friend, is the perfect description for the series.

People seem to think I shit on Mushoku at every given moment but in fact I quite like the world and setting because I like Isekai. Just the protagonist is too much for me to handle.

I think the main character is what makes mushoku Tensei stand out from other Isekai. For me personally he had great development and progression which felt realistic and not forced. But I do understand why you would dislike him. It is completely fair.
Jan 17, 2021 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
I've watched different Anime Isekai style genre before, but ever since I've started watching this anime I already know that this Anime will be the best isekai anime of all time.

I see, so Roxy is from the Demon race. I have always thought that she was Human. Also, that scene though. Was Roxy actually touching herself there!? Also, his new biological parents are doing that every night. This anime is way too realistic, that's one of the things that makes this anime the best anime of isekai. Heck, this might be the best of the best Anime in all genre because of the plot, in my own opinion!

I'm not going to lie, and I hope that it's not only I who noticed, but Roxy gives me the feeling that she is kind of similar to Megumin from Konosuba. Who else thinks of this? Also, the tone of both voice actors of Megumin and Roxy sounds a little bit the same for me.

This episode was really amazing! The graphics and sceneries and sound effects fit perfectly!
Jan 17, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
Take notes, this is how you do an isekai LN adaptation. I’m just in awe of these first two episodes man. The cinematography, direction, art, voice acting, it’s been as close to perfect as you could hope for out of a TV anime. Well deserved for the grandfather of Isekai.

That roxy scene 🤤

Can’t wait for next week
Jan 17, 2021 9:34 AM
Oct 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Honestly I feel like the sexual scenes in this series could get toned down a little. They’re totally unnecessary. I really dislike the MC being that perverted. It makes me uncomfortable

Otherwise, flawless anime

Well the anime is being realistic and not generic.
Arkaprava
Jan 17, 2021 9:43 AM

Jul 2019
Ok for the people defending the ecchi, i have to disagree with you. Being realistic does not mean good, for example, there could be an anime where every episode there would be a scene of someone pooping in the bathroom. Thats realistic right? its something everybody does everyday, so that must mean its fine to show right? Obviusly not, like the random ecchi and perviness of the series, it is almost always unnecessary.
Besides that, it is actually one of my favourite light novels and by far the best isekai i have read. I very much like rudeus despite his stupid perviness.
Jan 17, 2021 9:45 AM

May 2016
The past of his was portrayed really well.
got a tiny bit emotional over Roxy leaving.

5/5
Jan 17, 2021 9:46 AM
Dec 2020
After this two episodes really want to check out ln, but I hate harem tags man...
Jan 17, 2021 9:49 AM
Jan 2020
I don't know about this anime but they say its 13+ and I'm not sure if in japan people are fine with showing porn and stuff adult do in an anime and call it 13+.My younger brother watches anime and I always tell hime check the age.He was watching the 2nd Episode.
What I'm trying to say is in this episode they showed the MC Fap while watching Porn and then in his isekai world he saw his sister fingering while watching her parents reproduce after showing the fingering I'm just confused if they forgot to say it's a anime for kids cause its Isekai but put adult jokes or which we get
To see in harem or romance anime.WTF
Jan 17, 2021 9:50 AM

Jun 2014
Thank god for healing magic because damn that poor horse got destroyed lmao.

Looks like Rudy still has trauma from his previous life but it was nice to see Roxy inadvertently help him overcome it. Now he's officially a sacred-level water mage, and damn Roxy's departure scene was quite touching.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 17, 2021 9:50 AM

Dec 2010
Plotva741 said:
After this two episodes really want to check out ln, but I hate harem tags man...

Is indeed an harem but mc is not dense at all cause
...is pretty different and original. Mc is a true man of culture. :D
Jan 17, 2021 9:55 AM
Apr 2019
the ed was GORGEOUS. i really am digging the pervy humor too, love this so far!
Jan 17, 2021 10:06 AM

Aug 2019
Rudy overcomed his trauma with an indirect help from Roxy. I like how this show have a sense of realism.

Roxy's departure was touching, great sounds and visuals. The opening scene tho đź‘€
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
May 19, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

298 by Bruh69XD »»
May 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

337 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 5:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.