Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2021 2:26 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
CrossBlack said:
Another dumb, trash, cringey, self insert and generic Isekai, not wasting my time on this.

The way you said it, it is like you have been praticising it all the time to make it sound cool or something.

It doesn't, and you are the dumb one to watch it, knowing it is an isekai.

Why people that don't like Isekais keep watching them and giving always the same kind of speech, IF you have hated them thus far, stop being dumb, there is a GREAT chance the genre isn't for you, so stop wasting your time on it, and focus on something you know you will probably like.

Dumb people these days, with their need for hating on something... truly masochists.
Jan 7, 2021 7:06 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Really nice.

While the LN did convey such feelings, and how much precious and how much Roxy had done for him, the manga failed at it.

Thus it is very reassuring to see the anime nailed it.

Poor horse, I felt worst for him here than in the LN. xD

I also like how they are slowly tackling his past life, whereas the LN did it all at once, here, it was divided into two episodes, playing in relevant scenes.

We also saw Nanahoshi's face... but I won't comment more to give spoilers, other than I m looking forward to see her face again on S3 since on S2 we won't see it.
She was always a cutesy face, with a bad mouth that you need to be careful with.
PlaycoolJan 7, 2021 2:07 PM
Jan 7, 2021 9:35 AM
Sep 2020
CrossBlack said:
Another dumb, trash, cringey, self insert and generic Isekai, not wasting my time on this.
How the hell did you come to that assumption that this is just you regular trashy isekai
Jan 7, 2021 5:38 PM
Feb 2019

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeJan 19, 2021 4:20 AM
Jan 7, 2021 6:51 PM
Jun 2013
Playcool said:
CrossBlack said:

The way you said it, it is like you have been praticising it all the time to make it sound cool or something.

Why people that don't like Isekais keep watching them and giving always the same kind of speech, IF you have hated them thus far, stop being dumb, there is a GREAT chance the genre isn't for you, so stop wasting your time on it, and focus on something you know you will probably like.

Dumb people these days, with their need for hating on something... truly masochists.

He is very good at doing this, watched 25 episodes of Sword Art Online, gave a "2" score only to keep watching every new season, even the movie, and give bad/mediocre scores for everything, not to mention the other series he gave bad scores and kept watching new seasons of it, and acts here like "i'm not wasting my time on this", i really don't understand those people watching dozen of episodes of stuff they don't like...
Jan 7, 2021 8:22 PM

Apr 2013
CrossBlack said:

Anyone who said this "another generic isekai" obviously haven't read many light novel.

This is my first post on MAL, and I have always avoided this place because I thought there were many people like this guy in here. MAL have a lot of bad reputation regarding how bad the user were.

For now, I decided to ignore my uncomfortable feeling and decide to have discussion regarding one of my favorite novel adaptation. The first episode surprisingly have exceed my expectation as a novel reader, my favorite part was how the director kept the atmosphere and the theme of the story the same as in the novel. If the director keep this atmosphere and production value to the end of this season I can see this anime become popular in the future.

Angry_onionJan 7, 2021 8:36 PM
Jan 7, 2021 9:56 PM
Feb 2019
CrossBlack said:

I'm with you. It's a very generic isekai. I wish these isekai writers had the capability of thinking out of the box. Being realistic as well helps. Say, somebody wants to end you in real life and you find out, do you give them some mango juice and ask them to be your best friend?
Jan 7, 2021 10:34 PM

Apr 2013
KrazeWorld said:

Say, somebody wants to end you in real life and you find out, do you give them some mango juice and ask them to be your best friend?

What does this sentences have anything to do with Mushoku Tensei? If you're expecting that kind of trope on MT you won't be able to find it. I admit the description makes the anime sounds generic but its strong point is how well done is its trope got executed. Most of the Isekai story that I read or watch, only have it in the first chapter or the first episode and never be mentioned again in the later part of the story. While in Mushoku Tensei, his previous life and his regret would always appear in the story because it's an integral part on how the MC develop his character.
Jan 7, 2021 11:51 PM

Jul 2019
KrazeWorld said:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
anime-primeJan 19, 2021 4:22 AM
Jan 8, 2021 1:37 AM

Oct 2017
Great animation/ art/ music/ attrition to detail.

Really promising 1st episode as far as adaptation goes.

My only complaint is WAY TOO MUCH monologues within mc's head.
Some stuffs DO NOT need to be speak out word to word, audience can grasp / interpret those things themselves through animation/ action/ facial expression, they don't need to explain every little bit of detail/ action like in light novel. The monologue is getting too intense to the degree that it breaks immersion.

I always love anime that focus on detail in each of the scenes/ animation, but too much detail within the mc's head is not a good thing.

Also this anime getting low follow list from Mal is kind of shocking. It is one of the most famous isekai serie in Japan.
Jan 8, 2021 5:46 AM
Aug 2020
I love how it adds a little bit of ecchi (that one time when his loli sensei masturbated xD)
Jan 8, 2021 7:26 AM

Jun 2014
Wow this was genuinely probably the best isekai LN based anime adaptation since Konosuba.
:3
Jan 8, 2021 10:05 AM

May 2020
We are still at the second episode and it really touched me! I hope to see Roxy again ..
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Jan 8, 2021 8:36 PM

May 2019
Ventus_S said:

Also this anime getting low follow list from Mal is kind of shocking. It is one of the most famous isekai serie in Japan.

Ah, the western weebos developed an automatic rejection over Isekais, and then, ignorance about it. What is so unfair with MT.

Even an anituber/humorist like Gigguk had not any idea about Mushoku Tensei before his live anichart check:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/860544050 (2:55:00)

Hope this anime, at the end of season, help to fix it a bit.

Jan 8, 2021 9:08 PM

Dec 2016
Playcool said:
CrossBlack said:

Oh the irony.

Your whole babling tries so hard to act cool and educated but you just come out as an intolerant because someone doesn't like what you like. I bet you feel so good with yourself calling others dumb and masochists, yet you're the one hating other people for not liking a fictional and very copy/paste rehash of a setting that has been done over and over and over. At least the other guy is just expressing his/her discontempt on a fictional work. You're just spreading hate and intolerance in a site wich its main purpouse is to share "different opinions"

Who's the true dumb masochist now?
KimurahJan 8, 2021 9:12 PM
Jan 9, 2021 1:20 AM

Jan 2020
alpha_shadow said:
Wow this was genuinely probably the best isekai LN based anime adaptation since Konosuba.
yep but don't forget Re;zero
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jan 9, 2021 1:29 AM

Jan 2020
Kimurah said:
Playcool said:

Oh the irony.

Your whole babling tries so hard to act cool and educated but you just come out as an intolerant because someone doesn't like what you like. I bet you feel so good with yourself calling others dumb and masochists, yet you're the one hating other people for not liking a fictional and very copy/paste rehash of a setting that has been done over and over and over. At least the other guy is just expressing his/her discontempt on a fictional work. You're just spreading hate and intolerance in a site wich its main purpouse is to share "different opinions"

Who's the true dumb masochist now?
he is saying facts the guy who said this Isekai is trash is dumb and this guy said he is dumb I see nothing wrong with that. Also he didn't insult him because he didn't like mushoku tensei he insulated him because he keep watching isekai even through he hate isekai if that's not dumb then what's dumb
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jan 9, 2021 4:04 AM

Jun 2014
Kiyotaka696 said:
alpha_shadow said:
yep but don't forget Re;zero

Maybe that applies to you,I personally think Re:Zero is garbage. But this is already off-topic so who cares.
:3
Jan 9, 2021 5:17 AM
Aug 2017
My 2 cents;

I dropped. Not my taste. I like magical and isekai animes. However all the fanservice was super cringe and unnecessary, and doesn't do anything for me. Even painted as a comic relief, it was poor unnecessary taste. It seems that the development of MC will take from a super degenerate pervy old loser NEET to a considerate more dignifiedly pervy hardworking useful powerful character. I didn't see any thing promising in the 2 episodes worth me continue watching. There was nothing to intriguing or making one curious.

Also as seen on multiple medium, the fandom of this one seems to be super toxic and manchildren acting just like the MC.
Jan 9, 2021 9:45 AM

Nov 2018
Watched the episode 1&2 fansub online.

Looks like this is gonna shape up to be one of the better Isekai series for this year, it's done a really good job of setting up this season. Also the animation and artwork is gorgeous, Studio Bind is getting off to a good start as a new studio that's for sure.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jan 9, 2021 9:51 AM

Nov 2018
Ventus_S said:

My only complaint is WAY TOO MUCH monologues within mc's head.

I think the dialogue is important though, but I'm probably saying that because I've seen all of Gintama and that Sugita (Gintoki) is voicing his thoughts, which he suits perfectly.

It's probably a common thing with LNs as the MCs do a lot of inner monologue and exposition for the readers, so I think it's good that the studio isn't leaving much of it out.

The experience differs from person to person. I'm already used to long dialogues.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jan 9, 2021 11:00 AM

May 2019
Every Novel's MC have tons of inner monologues, but MT case is special because his thoughts are the manifestation of his conscience from his old life.

Although it is not a case of multiple personality, this "old rudy" have his identity as a character of this show.

And in fact
Jan 9, 2021 6:28 PM

May 2020
It being a self-insert/power fantasy is probably accurate, but the fact that the MC literally didn't want to go outside after being in this world for like 3 years was surprising and really interesting to me. That just out of no where and when they show his almost PTSD from his past life that was something. The two episodes went by a lot faster than I thought, can't wait for more
Jan 9, 2021 10:25 PM
Aug 2018
Wait ! The anime already released !? Isnt it supposed to come out today
Jan 9, 2021 10:35 PM

Apr 2013
Delirium231 said:
Another isekai where the MC is portrayed as being a socially awkward loner lacking any social life which seems quite common in this genre but the author took one step ahead a made a him a hikikomori loser before being transported to another world and somehow ending up overpowered at the end.

Are you sure you're following the correct series Delirium231? I have completed the novel thrice so I can tell you he's never become overpowered even to his end. He's a strong magician sure, but magician in MT world is a second class fighter that can be easily killed by any Saint-Rank or above swordmans or warrior. Another point is he's unable to use Touki which is the same as Nen and a normal thing that fighter used in MT universe. He's only strong in the beginning of the first 1-3 volume of the novel, later as he encountered more powerful being he got defeated a lot often. He's a literal glass canon character.
Jan 9, 2021 11:24 PM

Apr 2013
Im_a_JoJoke said:

Pre-release episode 1 and 2 come out in 27th December through NND. A lot of people watched it through high sea route.
Jan 9, 2021 11:30 PM
Aug 2018
Angry_onion said:
Im_a_JoJoke said:

Pre-release episode 1 and 2 come out in 27th December through NND. A lot of people watched it through high sea route.
NND ? So where can I watch it?
Jan 9, 2021 11:43 PM

Apr 2013
Im_a_JoJoke said:
NND ? So where can I watch it?

NND is an abbreviation for NicoNicoDouga, I already sent some guidance to you via private message, you can check it there.
Jan 10, 2021 2:47 AM
May 2016
Angry_onion said:
Delirium231 said:
Another isekai where the MC is portrayed as being a socially awkward loner lacking any social life which seems quite common in this genre but the author took one step ahead a made a him a hikikomori loser before being transported to another world and somehow ending up overpowered at the end.

Are you sure you're following the correct series Delirium231? I have completed the novel thrice so I can tell you he's never become overpowered even to his end. He's a strong magician sure, but magician in MT world is a second class fighter that can be easily killed by any Saint-Rank or above swordmans or warrior. Another point is he's unable to use Touki which is the same as Nen and a normal thing that fighter used in MT universe. He's only strong in the beginning of the first 1-3 volume of the novel, later as he encountered more powerful being he got defeated a lot often. He's a literal glass canon character.

Yes. Agree
Rudeus almost die many times
He even beg his enemy to forgive and let his family alive while crawling like a trash
Jan 10, 2021 9:26 AM
Nov 2016
FireFistYK said:
I haven't had chills like watching this in a while, mostly because it's my favorite LN of all time

It's an amazing adaptation, the only thing I slightly missed Rudeus inner monoluges when he casted cumulonimbus, which showcased how well of an understanding he has of magic and what's underneath the "NEET"

They also did a really good job of explaining why he's such a degenerate which was one of my biggest fear with this adaptation, something the Manga couldn't do well

Also, bless Roxy!

The ending is also great, I might just like it more than the opening but I'll have to see the opening visuals first before I judge
where did u watch the 2nd episode?
Jan 10, 2021 9:36 AM
Sep 2019
How did yall get to watch episode 2?
Jan 10, 2021 9:40 AM

Jun 2020
What the mothertruck, how tf y'all watched episode 2??????

I said keep your hands on the table
Jan 10, 2021 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
Episode 2 where????????????????????
Jan 10, 2021 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
What a promising beginning. Knowing a good part of the story has me very excited for this. Also, the humor is somehow made so much better just by adding Sugita.
Jan 10, 2021 10:23 AM

Oct 2015
alpha_shadow said:

Sorry but studio deen really ruin konosuba in art style. And JC.staff still using that type of art style for movie. Sorry I'm still mad they ruining konosuba ln arts even after these years.

on topic, better to wait for 1 weeks rather than watching it with huge annoying watermark
Jan 10, 2021 10:31 AM

May 2019
Blocboykk said:
Arin-san said:
fistyoursoul said:

Next week, on Funimation, Muse Asia or Wakanim plataforms.

The current released version of Ep. 2 is the pre-broadcasted from 27/dec, which is sailing in the 7 seas.
Jan 10, 2021 10:33 AM

Jun 2020
Rob7 said:
Blocboykk said:
Arin-san said:
fistyoursoul said:

Next week, on Funimation, Muse Asia or Wakanim plataforms.

The current released version of Ep. 2 is the pre-broadcasted from 27/dec, which is sailing in the 7 seas.

I'm also currently sailing in the seven seas

I said keep your hands on the table
Jan 10, 2021 10:45 AM

Mar 2016
great episode, it seems like the journey is really going to begin now!

Jan 10, 2021 10:49 AM

May 2019
Even after colleting the booty 2 weeks ago, i watched and rewatched the official episode 1, and i am going to do the same next week.

Funimation did a great job on the subtittles in the 1st ep.
Jan 10, 2021 11:09 AM

Dec 2016
Kiyotaka696 said:
he is saying facts the guy who said this Isekai is trash is dumb and this guy said he is dumb I see nothing wrong with that.

Eh? Your whole argument is that "Playcool" is right to call someone dumb with no actual excuse or real motivation to do so other than plain butthurt.

Facts my ass. A fact is something you can prove to be right without any rebutal. So far you have proven absolutely nothing, you're just cheering on the other guy because he lashed out on someone who didn't like his beloved series. That's just petty and childish.

Kiyotaka696 said:

Also he didn't insult him because he didn't like mushoku tensei he insulated him because he keep watching isekai even through he hate isekai if that's not dumb then what's dumb

Your verbal diarrea with typos and without any actual basis or even the most basic logic is the only dumb thing in this conversation.

You're condoing insults just because CrossBlack doesn't like isekai. So what? he/she is allowed to dislike a setting or genre and can watch whatever he/she wants, you're literally a nobody with no actual leverage on anyone to even suggest what other people should do or do not with their time.

Stop being an intolerant, let people complain about fictional shows.
KimurahJan 10, 2021 11:12 AM
Jan 10, 2021 11:24 AM

Jan 2020
Kimurah said:
Kiyotaka696 said:
he is saying facts the guy who said this Isekai is trash is dumb and this guy said he is dumb I see nothing wrong with that.

Eh? Your whole argument is that "Playcool" is right to call someone dumb with no actual excuse or real motivation to do so other than plain butthurt.

Facts my ass. A fact is something you can prove to be right without any rebutal. So far you have proven absolutely nothing, you're just cheering on the other guy because he lashed out on someone who didn't like his beloved series. That's just petty and childish.

Kiyotaka696 said:

Also he didn't insult him because he didn't like mushoku tensei he insulated him because he keep watching isekai even through he hate isekai if that's not dumb then what's dumb

Your verbal diarrea with typos and without any actual basis or even the most basic logic is the only dumb thing in this conversation.

You're condoing insults just because CrossBlack doesn't like isekai. So what? he/she is allowed to dislike a setting or genre and can watch whatever he/she wants, you're literally a nobody with no actual leverage on anyone to even suggest what other people should do or do not with their time.

Stop being an intolerant, let people complain about fictional shows.
I give up i am stupid I admitted it
Jan 10, 2021 11:42 AM
Oct 2020
Why is Roxy is so lovable as a character even if it just episode 2?
Jan 10, 2021 12:02 PM

Apr 2015
Solid two episodes. I'm not too impressed since I've already read my fair share of isekai stories with similar plots and this was more-or-less the same so far (especially with the MC being a loser in his past life and turning into a genius in this life), but this seems like it would be an amazing adaptation to the original source so hopefully it would only get better from here on out.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 10, 2021 5:33 PM

Apr 2019
Such a great second episode. Is roxy going to leave so soon...? Hopefully not, she was such a fun character. Well, school awaits Rudy now. Hopefully he doesn't get bullied again.

Jan 10, 2021 7:07 PM
Dec 2018
Didn't expect it to be this good. This can become my third favourite isekai after konosuba and reincarnated as a slime.
Anyone know when the episode 3 us gonna come?
Jan 10, 2021 7:42 PM

Nov 2019
holy shit can't speak for the ln, but the anime Is so much better than the manga
Jan 10, 2021 9:05 PM
Aug 2018
I was hoping this wouldn't be another run of the mill isekai, and it looks like they actually delivered?! Art and animation were fantastic. Let's hope this show continues to be this good!

That said, there were some quite... explicit... scenes in those first two episodes, I was completely caught off guard, and I wish they weren't in there. This show should probably have an ecchi tag.
Jan 11, 2021 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
damn, there's a lot to unpack in this episode. rudy's backstory was really sad and it seems like his character is developing well.

sad to see roxy leave, the graduation scene was really touchingand i hope we get to see her again. also, i wonder if rudy will take her advice and go to the school in that country over the mountains. i think it'd be cool to see if he learnt other forms of magic besides water and if he can overcome his social anxiety.

overall, another solid episode. looking forward to next week
Jan 12, 2021 3:04 AM
Jul 2020
How is the second ep out?
I couldn't find it anywhere but all of u r talking abt it.can someone please explain
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 15, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

231 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 15, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

338 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 15, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

442 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 15, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

299 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 14, 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.