Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 9, 2020 4:08 AM

May 2009
emraanash said:
bastek66 said:

Why and what would she didn't know?

about abyss and number... why she didn't know that the question?

Maybe her mother didn't explain about it. Manga didn't reveal everything about Tsukina's death yet but it will go there as it has plot twist potential which Suu loves.
Jan 9, 2020 4:17 AM

Jul 2016
bastek66 said:
Manga didn't reveal everything about Tsukina's death yet

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJan 9, 2020 7:28 PM
Jan 9, 2020 5:14 AM

May 2009
Wow, it's going to be 24 ep long?? So there's a chance we get to the
?? Nice. I wonder how many people will still be watching by then. Just like his other series, this one is a roller-coaster of feels once you get past the ecchi comedy.

Sometimes I wish Minazuki Suu would just decide wether he wants to make an epic or an ecchi comedy, but I guess that's just his style. I just hope this one doesn't end up with a butchered ending like Sora no Otoshimono.

DeadlyRavenJan 9, 2020 7:27 PM
Jan 9, 2020 5:53 AM

Jul 2016
PaulNamida said:
Wow, it's going to be 24 ep long?? So there's a chance we get to the

Wasn't it already obvious that they will adapt that arc when several PVs and interviews hinted that? Let alone about the fact Shumerman featured on the key visual.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenJan 9, 2020 7:28 PM
Jan 9, 2020 6:32 AM

Oct 2018
bastek66 said:
emraanash said:

about abyss and number... why she didn't know that the question?

Maybe her mother didn't explain about it. Manga didn't reveal everything about Tsukina's death yet but it will go there as it has plot twist potential which Suu loves.

But she should have some idea... how naive can a person be... !!!!
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 9, 2020 8:28 AM

Sep 2017
What a horrible production. Better read the manga if you have to.
Jan 9, 2020 8:30 AM

May 2009
emraanash said:

She was too small to understand why that happened.
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
bastek66 said:
Manga didn't reveal everything about Tsukina's death yet

It was showed how she was stabed with katana but

DeadlyRavenJan 9, 2020 7:30 PM
Jan 9, 2020 9:12 AM

Oct 2018
[quote=bastek66 message=58935423]
emraanash said:

thats true......
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 9, 2020 9:35 AM

Nov 2016
Well it started to be interesting after 17:50 until that it was only boring try "to make it funny" so I will say my opinion after another episodes. (hope they won't continue with that boring forced comedy otherwise it won't have high rating for me)
Jan 9, 2020 9:51 AM
Nov 2017
How the fuck can someone be so dumb, are these author still no tired of dumb damsel in distress trope
Also that rapey trope is also annoying
Jan 9, 2020 10:37 AM

Jul 2019
Why is sexist crap like this still being produced, it just gives anime a bad reputation.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Jan 9, 2020 1:42 PM

May 2012
Paul said:
I remember reading a manga that had some pretty weird, in a bad way, plot twist. I think this might of been it.

The female character's number should be based on the amount of times she gets sexually harassed or beaten cause god dam she does a lot in this one episode.

The amount of her getting sexual harassed is so little. In fact, when they guy took the number from her legs that does not even count as sexual assault because the purpose was to take her number not sexual purpose

People these complain everywhere even when there is barely any sexual assault. Even one scene in a 24 episode anime will make some crazy brainwashed SJW scream
Jan 9, 2020 2:03 PM

May 2009
AnimeFeminist said:
Why is sexist crap like this still being produced, it just gives anime a bad reputation.

Because, thankfully, Japan doesn't give a shit about baka gaijins ideas and values. Like 3rd wave of feminism.
Why is fanservice here bad and in Kill la kill you like is not a problem?
Jan 9, 2020 2:10 PM

Jan 2008
thepath said:
Paul said:
I remember reading a manga that had some pretty weird, in a bad way, plot twist. I think this might of been it.

The female character's number should be based on the amount of times she gets sexually harassed or beaten cause god dam she does a lot in this one episode.

The amount of her getting sexual harassed is so little. In fact, when they guy took the number from her legs that does not even count as sexual assault because the purpose was to take her number not sexual purpose

People these complain everywhere even when there is barely any sexual assault. Even one scene in a 24 episode anime will make some crazy brainwashed SJW scream

Sjw? Lolwut? I'm not angry or triggered about her constantly getting her legs felt on and spread, I'm commenting on how meager it makes her character as that's all that happens consistently to her throughout the episode, to the point they should have just made it her power. Fanservice in distress.
PaulJan 9, 2020 2:14 PM
Jan 9, 2020 2:18 PM
Nov 2015
Lmao, someone in MAL stuffed up the Date/Infor for this anime... it says its aired in Winter 2019 instead of 2020... So it doesnt show up as this seasons seasonal anime XD
Jan 9, 2020 3:54 PM

Jun 2013
Doesnt seem to quite know what tone it wants to be, but its a fun watch so far
Jan 9, 2020 3:54 PM

Oct 2013
This was absolute trash, I'm gonna keep watching it.
Jan 9, 2020 7:32 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

Please refrain from discussing the manga past this episode. If you really need to refer to any further chapters, use spoiler tags.
Jan 9, 2020 8:18 PM

Oct 2008
What the hell!? no PANCHIRA!? that number placement on her body is a perfect way for PANCHIRA!!!
3/5.

Jan 9, 2020 9:01 PM
Jun 2017
Hmmm!!! I will watch this one. Now lets just see what the story of this one is all about
Jan 10, 2020 12:04 AM
May 2014
I know it meant to be hilarious and for fan-service sake. Still let me say this, Licht is such a creep! I really don't appreciate those' funny' harassment scenes.

Licht may be cool and badass, but good traits just can't cancel out shitty ones . A pervy MC can be funny, but a pervy MC that harasses women in such aggressive way just disgusts me. You doesn't have to give MC such shitty personality to make it ecchi, right?

That aside, the number concept seems interesting and I am gonna continue watching, guess I have to put up with MC outrageous harassment.
Jan 10, 2020 1:07 AM

Jul 2016
bastek66 said:
emraanash said:

MahiaErebeaNegi said:

It was showed how she was stabed with katana but

Um...

Off-topic: Did the mod actually know which part is spoiler and which part wasn't? The stabbing thing itself was a freaking spoiler and yet they didn't hide it lol, while my previous comment was hidden despite the whole Abyss thing was literally showed in the beginning of the episode.
MahiaErebeaNegiJan 10, 2020 1:11 AM
Jan 10, 2020 4:00 AM

May 2009
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Um...

Off-topic: Did the mod actually know which part is spoiler and which part wasn't? The stabbing thing itself was a freaking spoiler and yet they didn't hide it lol, while my previous comment was hidden despite the whole Abyss thing was literally showed in the beginning of the episode.

It was told not shown so there is chance for true reveal here.
It's nice that mods are reading this manga.
Jan 10, 2020 5:42 AM
Dec 2019
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
but you really paid attention on a certain stuffs before complaining. Almost every criticisms you mentioned are all explained in the episode itself.

You reiterate that point pretty often. Maybe you should not always assume that people are not paying attention.

I guess the main problem comes from two different viewpoints: there are people that can accept any premise and explanation they are given by the author. Under this viewpoint what you are saying makes sense.

Then there are people like the one you quoted (and me) who question what is stated. I don't think the explanation makes any sense that she walked five years, even entered cities, and never got into any conversation where she could ask these questions. She doesn't even come across as incredibly shy. Hence I find the story the author is telling unbelievable. As it is not even purely comedic I also cannot just sweep it under the rug as just some "whacky character quirk".

It was clearly structured this way by the author to have an audience surrogate that the world can be explained to. Something often used in isekai shows, where it makes perfect sense. But sadly it doesn't work the way he did it and Hina instead comes of as just plain retarded. Which, to be honest, may be what she is. Essentially after having Licht sitting under her table in an attempt to be as rapey as he can be, she just laughs it off. I guess she really is not the brightest candle on the cake.

It is really hard for me to understand how people can build sympathy towards either Licht or Hina after they were presented this way. But I guess you do you.
SylverthasJan 10, 2020 8:57 AM
Jan 10, 2020 7:29 AM
Jan 2020
Can anyone will please tell me when is the 3rd episode of plunderer anime is coming out
Jan 10, 2020 8:05 AM

Jul 2016
Sylverthas said:
I don't think the explanation makes any sense that she walked five years, even entered cities, and never got into any conversation where she could ask these questions. She doesn't even come across as incredibly shy. Hence I find the story the author is telling unbelievable. As it is not even purely comedic I also cannot just sweep it under the rug as just some "whacky character quirk".

The thing is...... Hina focuses too much on finding the Red Baron (Ace according to the English sub) that she don't have time to think anything about the count, so it's not surprise that she never asks anyone about that (Especially when the count didn't do anything harm to her). A lot of her flashback shown in the series also showed that she keep walking non-stop without rest or asking for help, and she even said in EP2 that she felt lonely because nobody has ever talk with her until she meet Rihito (Licht) and Nana.

I really don't know why is this so hard for you guys to understand, and this isn't even about different viewpoint or different opinion.

Saying you don't like the reason are okay but to said the reason doesn't make sense are confused me a lot, because the reason itself should already detailed enough for you to get some idea about her being so naive.

Sylverthas said:
It is really hard for me to understand how people can build sympathy towards either Licht or Hina after they were presented this way. But I guess you do you.

Not talk about Hina, I do understand that you don't like Rihito (Licht) for being raspy, especially when the anime presented his pervert side even worse than the manga thanks to filler and extended fan-service scenes. But I will said that he is a tragic character and his past were horrible that you can feel sympathy on him, so I hope you could at least tolerate his perverted side for a little bit.

Now think back about it, I have never seen any manga readers ever complains about Hina being so naive or the fan-service scenes back when they read the first chapter, and yet the anime-only watchers make this like some sort of big deal.

Vibridiium said:
Can anyone will please tell me when is the 3rd episode of plunderer anime is coming out

January 22
MahiaErebeaNegiJan 10, 2020 8:08 AM
Jan 10, 2020 9:03 AM
Dec 2019
@MahiaErebeaNegi: OK, for Hina's journey I don't think we will find common ground, so let's leave it at that :D

But it's pretty interesting that the anime made Licht more perverted than he is in the manga. Maybe I will check that out to get a feeling for it. So it might only be a problem in the adaption?
Jan 10, 2020 10:45 AM

Dec 2014
ok like...still don't understand..what's up with numbers...but let's see how it goes
Jan 10, 2020 6:39 PM

May 2019
This was interesting. I wonder how Licht got all the way down to -999?

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 10, 2020 6:57 PM

Jun 2012
Huh, the animation is bad and will probably get worse... Had high expectations for this, since the author of the manga is the same of Otoshimono. They are probably not giving any justice to the manga since it's a rookie studio with mediocre rep.
Sad, I was looking forward to some Tomoki level comedy, shame...
Jan 10, 2020 7:00 PM

Jun 2012
bastek66 said:
AnimeFeminist said:

Because, thankfully, Japan doesn't give a shit about baka gaijins ideas and values. Like 3rd wave of feminism.
Why is fanservice here bad and in Kill la kill you like is not a problem?

lmao, he/she even set her lists to private because of that
Jan 10, 2020 8:28 PM
Jan 2018
Sylverthas said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
but you really paid attention on a certain stuffs before complaining. Almost every criticisms you mentioned are all explained in the episode itself.

You reiterate that point pretty often. Maybe you should not always assume that people are not paying attention.

I guess the main problem comes from two different viewpoints: there are people that can accept any premise and explanation they are given by the author. Under this viewpoint what you are saying makes sense.

Then there are people like the one you quoted (and me) who question what is stated. I don't think the explanation makes any sense that she walked five years, even entered cities, and never got into any conversation where she could ask these questions. She doesn't even come across as incredibly shy. Hence I find the story the author is telling unbelievable. As it is not even purely comedic I also cannot just sweep it under the rug as just some "whacky character quirk".

It was clearly structured this way by the author to have an audience surrogate that the world can be explained to. Something often used in isekai shows, where it makes perfect sense. But sadly it doesn't work the way he did it and Hina instead comes of as just plain retarded. Which, to be honest, may be what she is. Essentially after having Licht sitting under her table in an attempt to be as rapey as he can be, she just laughs it off. I guess she really is not the brightest candle on the cake.

The whole count system and hierarchy and whatnot become irrelevant for the rest of the series so Hina not knowing about it doesn't really matter. The author was trying to build a foundation for their world, so they didn't really put much thought behind the logic of it all. If you ignore the foundation and look at the rest of the story you'll come to enjoy it. Also, in the manga, she definitely does not laugh it off. The studio made some "creative" decisions to get the ecchi centered crowd riled up, but if they stick faithfully to the manga such scenes will be once in a blue moon. Try and give it a chance.
Jan 10, 2020 10:15 PM
Apr 2015
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

screening).
Because it's unofficial English title used by the fan translators, the actual translation of it was "Aerial Ace" not "Red Baron".

Ahh I see. Though I still prefer "flash baron" because I like how it sounds (or maybe I'm just used to it) T-T Thanks for clearing it up o/
Jan 11, 2020 1:37 AM

Oct 2018
weebwhacker21 said:
Sylverthas said:

The whole count system and hierarchy and whatnot become irrelevant for the rest of the series so Hina not knowing about it doesn't really matter. The author was trying to build a foundation for their world, so they didn't really put much thought behind the logic of it all. If you ignore the foundation and look at the rest of the story you'll come to enjoy it. Also, in the manga, she definitely does not laugh it off. The studio made some "creative" decisions to get the ecchi centered crowd riled up, but if they stick faithfully to the manga such scenes will be once in a blue moon. Try and give it a chance.

So what you’re telling me is that this is one of those series that you have to turn your brains off to enjoy, kind of like DB Super?
Jan 11, 2020 2:10 AM

Jul 2016
Sylverthas said:
But it's pretty interesting that the anime made Licht more perverted than he is in the manga. Maybe I will check that out to get a feeling for it. So it might only be a problem in the adaption?

Em... Maybe calling it adaptation's fault is a bit wrong, since overall the fan-service scenes isn't really that much different than the manga, aside of girls kicking filler and two extended scenes (Rihito hugging Hina and the sergeant guy's attempt rape). In fact, the way Rihito meet Hina in the manga is much worse than the anime (Ignore the different translation of his name):

I would said the term "presentation" is more accurate here. In the manga, Rihito's harassment scenes was handled in a comedy way and he didn't actually harm Hina regard of his action, especially with the cute-looking artstyle characters have during that scenes makes it even more funnier to read (Probably the reason why manga-readers didn't find it offensive like majority of anime watchers does).

weebwhacker21 said:
Also, in the manga, she definitely does not laugh it off.

Didn't she laughs in the manga too?

Jan 11, 2020 6:16 AM

May 2013
LMAO This absolutely fucking blowed

The fanservice is so dogshit yet they’re all too happy to show the girl being assaulted and almost raped? Fuck this. Fuuuuck it.
Jan 11, 2020 8:26 AM
Mar 2014
Sasuga Sora no Otoshimono author
So lewd, so cool
The animation is good, so hype waiting for the next big fight
Jan 11, 2020 10:50 AM

Jan 2018
Not sure if the people making this anime know what comedy is because the first half of this episode is just bizarre but seems like it's supposed to be funny
Jan 11, 2020 11:43 AM

Dec 2016
CuteAssTiger said:
Not sure if the people making this anime know what comedy is because the first half of this episode is just bizarre but seems like it's supposed to be funny

I doubt that it's the director's fault, but rather the source being a steamy pile of crap

I don't normally cling to anitubers making analysis to make a point, but based that I don't intend to waste any more time in this title, Syy makes a compelling video why he thinks this title is just garbage writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM5pf6jCXL4
Jan 11, 2020 11:49 AM

Jan 2018
Kimurah said:
CuteAssTiger said:

I doubt that it's the director's fault, but rather the source being a steamy pile of crap

I don't normally cling to anitubers making analysis to make a point, but based that I don't intend to waste any more time in this title, Syy makes a compelling video why he thinks this title is just garbage writing.

I don't think I will stick with this either.
The concept is cool but idk how good the author actually is.
The exposition is also kind of goofy.

How come Hina needs to have the rules of a world explained to her that she was born in ?

And even if she wasn't born there.
How come somebody doesn't question the fact that she doesn't know?

That just really sounds like bad writing .

Maybe I'm wrong . Haven't really gotten beyond the first half of episode one but to me it looks like a cool concept written by a newby author that doesn't really know what he is doing or what comedy is .
Jan 11, 2020 2:09 PM

May 2009
Kimurah said:
CuteAssTiger said:

Why would anyone care about their opinions?
He also complained about Nana's telling about her number which is explained in the manga.
bastek66Jan 11, 2020 2:15 PM
Jan 11, 2020 2:20 PM

Nov 2015
animation looks like its from 2009. the whole number thing seems like an interesting premise but the explanation was absurd, hopefully they will fix that soon. only promising character is Licht and he will probably be the only reason I'll not be completely bored by this

2/5
Jan 11, 2020 3:18 PM

Dec 2016
bastek66 said:
Kimurah said:

Why would anyone care about their opinions?
He also complained about Nana's telling about her number which is explained in the manga.

Explanations in these kind of titles are just pure nonesensical stupidity. Like Hina not having a single clue how the numbers affect the whole world, despite her being traveling for 5 years. Or why does Red Baron or ACE suddenly becomes hostile towards Hina when she was handing him the plot device her mother gave her. Or, if anyone with inferior numbers are bound to submit to whatever guy with the higher numbers say, why aren't they living in fear inside their own houses?

I could also ask the same to you, why would I care for your opinion? in my long lived experience with manga readers, they always exagerate and will look for the most dumb excuses to cover bad writing.

At least Syy is a big fan of the actual author and can appreciate his other work Heaven's Lost Propierty without being a total fanboy about it and acknowledge the awful writing in his fav author secondary title.
KimurahJan 11, 2020 3:21 PM
Jan 11, 2020 4:18 PM

May 2009
Kimurah said:
Explanations in these kind of titles are just pure nonesensical stupidity. Like Hina not having a single clue how the numbers affect the whole world, despite her being traveling for 5 years. Or why does Red Baron or ACE suddenly becomes hostile towards Hina when she was handing him the plot device her mother gave her. Or, if anyone with inferior numbers are bound to submit to whatever guy with the higher numbers say, why aren't they living in fear inside their own houses?

I could also ask the same to you, why would I care for your opinion? in my long lived experience with manga readers, they always exagerate and will look for the most dumb excuses to cover bad writing.

At least Syy is a big fan of the actual author and can appreciate his other work Heaven's Lost Propierty without being a total fanboy about it and acknowledge the awful writing in his fav author secondary title.

Knowing Suu there will be eventually reveal about how Tsukina's count reach zero and why Hina didn't know about it. That's not true every Red Baron/Ace acted like that.

Unless you think evil millitary guy who was defeated by Rihito in next episode (which has been out for 2 weeks) is an Ace, he isn't and never appears again.
I didn't state my opinions about Plunderer's quality in posts I addressed to you.
Jan 11, 2020 4:53 PM

Apr 2018
Well this was interesting, but it's weird to see a rape scene in the first episode lmfao. Imma keep watching this I've heard people say something happens on ep 5
Jan 11, 2020 10:23 PM

May 2015
A bit repulsive but being 2 cour it might turn out like YU-NO from last year.
If not, then it's gonna be a whole shitfest.
Jan 12, 2020 1:21 AM

Mar 2009
The premise is dumb as hell and the MC is so annoying. I felt some sympathy for Hina, though, and the tan-skinned girl is hot, so I'll give this a few more episodes. The author's other work - Sora no Otoshimono - was a fun series, after all.
Jan 12, 2020 8:43 AM

Jul 2016
I so like the concept for this anime. A life of numbers and the mystery of the Abyss already have me hooked. What doesn't have me hooked is the fanservice. That's an unfortunate spot to have your number printed, Hina. Just because I love the story line, I really want to get used to it or see if it dies down a bit.

So, based on the mini conversation in this thread about the mistranslation, will Hina be able to increase her number if that was the amount her mother walked? (Rhetorical question because that would be a spoiler.) I am guessing that she would, unless her mother is somehow alive or something.
Jan 12, 2020 11:51 AM

Apr 2017
Incredible.

Is like y'all never watched an anime.

If this anime has "too much fanservice" then lol, welcome to anime guys.

Anyway pretty dope. Visuals kinda sucks but really interested in the plot, considering it's made by the author of Sora no Otoshimono, I expect a great comedy with a great conclusion. (Even tho this one seems more battle shounen than anything).
Jan 12, 2020 11:53 AM

Jan 2012
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Incredible.

Is like y'all never watched an anime.

If this anime has "too much fanservice" then lol, welcome to anime guys.

People complaining about fanservice IN AN ECCHI ANIME.
Do they even understand what a genre is?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2020

49 by stevenw24 »»
May 14, 10:29 PM

» Such squandered potential.

LemonadeSamurai - Mar 5

21 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 9, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

43 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

85 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2020

63 by vhowl »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.