Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Granblue Fantasy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 26, 2017 10:20 PM

Jul 2007
FuzzyWuzzy said:
I'm quite disappointed with the last episode.

Iolo said:
This episode should of been an alternate version or OVA.

rocknard said:
joshua10red said:
They replaced the main character with Djeeta for some fan service...
The whole show is ruined in the last episode...Extremely disappointed

Totally agree... What a waste a nonsense... The last chapter and you give me this shit fan service?

DO you people even read? The previous episode was the last episode. This was an extra.
Its literally labeled Extra1 on the title screen ffs.

Hectotane said:

But you guys KNOW; the real truth is that Japan hates male protags. Either they don't exist or they get treated horribly.

That's because most of male protagonists are meant to be self inserts so adding anything assertive would ruin that. So its always some cheerful meek black haired japanese boy with no discernible personality traits.

Gran is no different from that, except for additional boring shonen hero tropes
Jun 26, 2017 11:22 PM

Mar 2013
As a person who's never played the games, I was completely confused, lol.
I finally looked it up, and Djeeta is just an alternate female version that you could play as the protagonist instead of Gran. Makes more sense.

But they just had to throw her in the extra beach episode for more fan-service...... bleh.
I would of rather seen a normal adventure ep with Djeeta. She's feels more interesting than Gran in a way, but I still like Gran.
KilikcliaJun 27, 2017 1:04 AM
Jun 26, 2017 11:37 PM
May 2016
personally, i prefer Gran than Djeeta. But Djeeta looks cute, so i guess it's okay.
In this episode, except rackam, the other crew members are girls, right? He really need to hold himself before anything goes wild. But, if Gran was there, well, nothing could go wrong, i guess.
and i want to see how Gran reacts to saw his crew member in swimsuit.
Jun 26, 2017 11:58 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode. Djeeta senpoi op. So they made her a whaler and getting all the SSR gacha drops and op stats eh? Meanwhile Gran is way too f2p and hell he didn't even get Walder to join the party kek.

Too bad we only get to interact with a handful of them in this episode, cause I sure hell want to see some interaction with the Dragon Knights too.

Good extra episode though

You know what I also love?
Jun 27, 2017 2:09 AM

May 2010
Wow.. That was risky and sorta.. meh. I mean, I might kinda like Djeeta (she can slay without looking, wow) but I prefer Gran, started to like him. Plus his bond with Lyria was too developed, it was so weird to take him out of equation and replace him by his alter ego.

Also they forgot Eugen (I don't rlly care about him tbh but still)
And didn't give Rackam a swimsuit coz we hate men in our beach episodes. Okay.

7/10 for this series. Whoever directed this episode, please never come back, thank you.
Jun 27, 2017 2:36 AM
Jan 2009
Ah, those pay to win shop players with waifus-only crew...

I bet Rackham is still level 1.
Dark_KainJun 27, 2017 2:56 AM
Jun 27, 2017 3:42 AM

Nov 2014
I seriously can't believe they went and done that. Totally outrageous way to end an anime. I didn't expect much from the show initially anyway but was positively surprised by the quality until now. I'd like to pretend this episode didn't happen at all. God, why don't they label it as an OVA or something? It might have even been OK for a standalone but using it as a filler at a time like this is just plain stupid. Was this the worst final episode in history of anime ever?
Jun 27, 2017 4:00 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:

DO you people even read? The previous episode was the last episode. This was an extra.

I've read about TV series which consists 13 episodes. MAL, anidb, anime-planet, kitsu and so on provided such information indicating that this would be the last episode of the TV series, so technically it's not my fault for bringing such a turmoil. I've mentioned before, they should label is as an OVA or spin-off.
Jun 27, 2017 5:48 AM
Jan 2014
Lol all these comments dissing Gran. But without him, we won't get all these juicy wrestler memes, now would we?
Jun 27, 2017 6:50 AM

Aug 2013
Fai said:

Actually its labeled as "Another Sky" on Crunchyroll, which is where i watched it. No reason to be rude about simple comments/questions.
My Candies:
Jun 27, 2017 7:35 AM

Jun 2017
Lol @Fai, his apocalyptic level of autism is equal or greater than his hate boner against male protagonists and characters.

UltimusInfinitum said:
Lol all these comments dissing Gran. But without him, we won't get all these juicy wrestler memes, now would we?

What did you expect?
Just as reddit, ANN and Animesuki, MAL also house several dedicated groups of shitposters (e.g., feministard, yurifag, and autistic guys who self insert into female characters) and these dedicated groups of shitposters have an obsessive raging hate boner against male characters, straight characters, and hetero relationships.

Jun 27, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2013
Djeeta > Gran any day lmfao (i don't even play the game but just from this episode)
holy shit she is pretty, energetic and she just destroys everything without a problem =D

also Katalina best girl <3
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 27, 2017 9:26 AM

Oct 2011
Djeeta ahhhh 😍.
Fanservice episode yes
Jun 27, 2017 10:00 AM
Apr 2017
I liked it but still with episode 12 they left it hanging to finding gran's dad so hopefully there will be a new season and it continues on
Jun 27, 2017 10:57 AM
Aug 2014
Well I didn't expect much from the show. I didn't even remember the male MCs name till I read a few posts.
Jun 27, 2017 2:53 PM
Mar 2012
lol mc got trashed, replaced with yuri, maybe it would've improved the show. Thought it was a dream/special recap.
Jun 27, 2017 5:54 PM

Mar 2016
joshua10red said:
They replaced the main character with Djeeta for some fan service...
The whole show is ruined in the last episode...Extremely disappointed

I was turned off too, but not to the whole series. I'll just pretend this wasn't part of the series, which it really wasn't. The "fan service" here was more to do with players of the game, showcasing who well might have been their favorite character.

This was a "what if" you were playing the game and had chosen Djeeta the female protagonist instead of Gran the male protagonist. Unfortunately this "what if" recap was written exclusively for 9-year-old girls, and I'm guessing even a lot of them would find it too cutesy.

Based on the confusion this episode caused many viewers, the episode should have began with a 30-second explanation of the two protagonists which could have been chosen in the game. It could have done this in a cool way like sequence through the game-beginning, where players choose their protagonist.
r0kusJun 27, 2017 6:01 PM
-- Rich
Jun 28, 2017 2:49 AM

May 2016
It was really fun seeing Gran as female
Jun 28, 2017 8:21 PM

Oct 2014
<3 Djeeta-sama! <3
Jun 29, 2017 1:47 AM

Feb 2013
Weird way to end it lol. But this was a pretty good show, I haven't played the game, so I don't know how faithful it was to it, but it was enjoyable.

7/10
Jun 29, 2017 6:25 AM

Apr 2014
love the game but didnt even watch the anime because of no Djeeta as main but as soon as i found out about this ep had to watch it and loved it!

if only they choose her as a main all through out the series or even just give Djeeta her own spin off series but yeah was a really nice ep
"one step at a time"
Jun 29, 2017 7:30 AM

Apr 2011
Many were waiting for Djeeta to appear. And she's finally here. As a female version of Gran that is. And she has more crew members too. I'm liking the fanservice.

Hopefully a 2nd season will follow.
Jun 29, 2017 8:41 AM
Apr 2008
FAN SERVICE EPISODE
Jun 29, 2017 6:31 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty disappointing that the only time Djeeta appears is in a fanservice beach episode where she eats shaved ice and tries on bikinis.

She deserved better than this, but what can you expect from anime I guess...
Jun 29, 2017 11:23 PM

Mar 2016
So let's just jam in a BS filler junk beach fanservice full pile of steaming shit of an episode!!! WHY?

P.S. That Parrot was boss af with his sunglasses just chillin lol ;)
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 30, 2017 4:22 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't expect to see an "OVA" as the 13th episode, but it was ok. It was more to see Djeeta than a beach fanservice episode. Too bad that we do not know half of the characters.
I'm happy than Gran was choosen to be the MC, it looks more interesting than Djeeta.

I liked "Granblue Fantasy The Animation", its animations and fights were pretty good. Kugimiya Rie was so fun to hear, I love her voice :D. The story was not so bad, but it was not detailed enough to be interesting.
I hope a second season with more adventures will come.
Jun 30, 2017 4:37 AM

Oct 2008
The hell Gran suddenly changed in to a girl named Djeeta!
1/5.

Jun 30, 2017 5:04 AM
Aug 2015
Oh man, can anyone tell me how s eps 13 related to the entire anime? I can get any correlation with these stuffs..
Fanservice? yet turn the whole storyline?
sad to say, but that completely ruined my good expextation onto this anime...
Jun 30, 2017 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
Lol, what a terrible idea to put a beach episode as a finale?
Wasn't that supposed to be in the middle? Anyway I think I liked the show overall.
So I will be rating this anime a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 30, 2017 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
Aversa said:
This episode just made me wonder why we could not enjoy Djeeta for the entire anime, Gran wasn't bad but i definitely prefer Djeeta.
I completely agree, Djeeta would have been way more fun from the beginning. Gran seems like such a flat character in comparison. Truly unfortunate.

Male chars like so tend to be (probably not intentionally) fairly blank slate, as creators don't often put as much effort and passion into male chars as they do female chars and moe characteristics. Japanese creaters (both male and female) really take it to the next level when putting in the effort to designing female characters. It's rare you see genuinely endearing or admirable male chars, if you compare to the bulk of female chars in the media.
GenesisAriaJun 30, 2017 10:36 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jun 30, 2017 12:49 PM
Jan 2016
i was super confused about this episode. i thought djeeta is a new enemy who altered lyria's memories and then poof! episode end.

Jul 1, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2008
they should have just gone with the female MC from the start, if this gets an S2 i don't think i would watch unless they keep the female MC. The show was pretty boring overall with Gran
Jul 2, 2017 12:20 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Super boring episode, but at least I got to see attractive women in swimsuits.

LOL @ the people saying Djeeta is somehow an improvement over Gran. Lyria has already taken the place of the generic peppy female of the show. Djeeta felt like nothing more than a clone.

Well all in all this was an ok show. I think the world is fascinating, the art was great, the animation was fairly strong, and I also enjoyed the line work of the characters. The backgrounds were also really breathtaking. Furthermore, the music was really great throughout.

Other than that, this was pretty generic. None of the characters themselves stood out nor did the story. I can't give it a score higher than 6/10.

I'd watch the second season though, which seems incredibly likely due to strong sales.
Jul 2, 2017 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
End with a swimsuit fanservice episode in an alternate reality where Gran is a girl?

No thank you, series drops to a 4/10
Jul 2, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2015
Granblue Fantasy Multiverse
Whacking episode one more, well fan service with fun moment, serious a part, is good, more what restore of the series.
Good I watch next extra.

No's leemos
Jul 3, 2017 8:22 AM
Dec 2015
I was disappointed, but I guess it's ok as an extra/ova. Also, I am so glad that Gran is the MC in the show. I can tolerate Lyria's voice, and Io is ok since she doesn't get many lines. But add Djeeta's voice to those two, and I don't think I could have made it through the series.
Jul 3, 2017 6:29 PM

Feb 2014
Oh... why it couldn't be Katalina or Djeta as one of the main leads...

I liked so much ep.01 because of Katalina. She is so cool but then they put her aside and in replacement we got that "ok" and cliche male lead.
Not that I think he's indeed BAD, but just OK and nothing special when compared to Katalina, for example. Just my opinion.

In general it was enjoyable, don't know if I give this a 6 or 7. Most likely 7.

And of course episode 13 was just a fanservice episode, people complaining is pointless and unnecessary.

TechOtakuJul 3, 2017 6:41 PM
Jul 3, 2017 8:47 PM

May 2008
Viteracf said:
Oh... why it couldn't be Katalina or Djeta as one of the main leads...

I liked so much ep.01 because of Katalina. She is so cool but then they put her aside and in replacement we got that "ok" and cliche male lead.
Not that I think he's indeed BAD, but just OK and nothing special when compared to Katalina, for example. Just my opinion.

In general it was enjoyable, don't know if I give this a 6 or 7. Most likely 7.

And of course episode 13 was just a fanservice episode, people complaining is pointless and unnecessary.

If you really want to know why Katalina isn't the main lead, you should play the game.
Suddenly changing main lead for the anime to someone else besides Djeeta/Gran would ruin the story.
Jul 5, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2014
I thought this is the continuation of previous eps, i was wrong.
instead, a girl replace Gran and do everything better than him, with many fan service. lol
Jul 5, 2017 3:08 PM

Jun 2016
I get that game watchers will be happy, but this is pretty confusing and disappointing if you're an anime only viewer. I liked what I saw from Djeeta, but I wish we got something else instead of a fan service episode.

Gran is a typical shounen lead, but this episode made it seem like Djeeta is only good for the extra fan service and nothing more. I get that most like her more, but this was a weird way to introduce her on the show. (I know that this is a special, but it's still listed as ep 13) They should have taken a page from Tales and given Djeeta a couple or episodes to showcase herself instead or this. The fan service wouldn't feel so out of place then.

Other than this up, 7/10 for me. I'd be down for a second season of this.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jul 6, 2017 2:33 PM
Mar 2016
WTF, did they just replaced Gran with Djeeta??????
Jul 6, 2017 8:41 PM

May 2009
Whoahoho said:
WTF, did they just replaced Gran with Djeeta??????

Because it's fanservice special episode. Second one is BD-only.
Jul 7, 2017 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
I liked Djeeta but, why wasn't this an OVA? What a weird way to end the series. Anyway, it was a fun ride and I hope there'll be a second season.
Jul 7, 2017 10:22 PM
Jan 2017
Well this was an unexpected episode, not in a good way. This would have been fine as a one off OVA, what not. But the last episode didn’t feel like a series climax, even if it’s to be continued. It just felt like any other episode and I thought I went hard enough on the last episode.

This episode in itself felt dragged out, it shoulder been a 10 to 15 minute short. Not much to say past that. An extra dull end to a meh anime. Shame.
Jul 9, 2017 12:39 AM

Nov 2014
BlackstarFallen said:
This episode made me very confused. I had no idea what's going on. The crew got bigger. Gran got replaced by a girl. There was stupid fan service. This was a dumb way to end a show.
haha, it was confusing for me. I was like where did Gran go then realised that this was an alternative MC lol
Jul 11, 2017 7:11 AM

Apr 2011
This episode should've been an OVA. I had to go back and check to see if I missed something.
Jul 12, 2017 2:16 PM

Jan 2017
Gran is better than Djeeta >.<
Well overall this anime was good.
I did enjoy it (especially the 12th episode).
I will definitely watch a season 2 if the producers decide to make it

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jul 14, 2017 2:34 PM

Aug 2012
Now that's what i call fanservice, they even gave Gran the boot!
Jul 19, 2017 5:44 AM
Jul 2017
On Granblue fantasy why did change Gran to that stupid djeeta character, I didn't bother to watch the last episode because it was rubbish, I won't be watching season two if it has that stupid djeeta in it.
Jul 23, 2017 9:46 PM

Jan 2013
Well....this episode was kinda unexpected xD
That moment when you swap your MC for a girl just to make a beach episode xD ahahaha 10/10
Btw, lucky Rackam xD
It was a pretty nice episode :3 And i think they did the best ending possible.
Loved the ED, it was one of the best of this season.

It would be nice to have a 2nd season, to see how their adventure ended.
7-8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

104 by aimso1 »»
May 19, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

54 by Fate_warrior95 »»
Apr 20, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

42 by ArtemisOrion »»
Jan 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

88 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

35 by Alvie48xi »»
Mar 4, 2023 2:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.