Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari' Receives Anime Adaptation

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 22, 2017 5:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jesus the hype in this thread is crazy lol....Ive been putting off the manga for a very long time now so I'll go into the anime blind and wait until it's finished to start reading it
Jun 22, 2017 5:11 PM
Feb 2013
Reading and not liking the series is one thing, but it always amazes me how people can shit on a series without even reading it, or giving it a chance. "It sounds stupid" "Another Isekai series" "Edge-Lord etc". Lol the ignorance displayed by some people, who are content with literally judging a book by its cover always amuses me (though it doesn't shock me that Fai once again is a hater). After all the exact same thing happened with Re:Zero and look where we are years later. Well the PV is coming out on July 1st anyway, so by then we'll have an idea of the team and the studio behind it. The material is there for this to be something great. It's a question of who's handling it though. There's also a question of how much content this will cover (hopefully they get to the pay off).
dedeogbeJun 22, 2017 5:21 PM
Jun 22, 2017 8:02 PM

Mar 2017
Ayyye, I'm excited for this.

"๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ,
๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ธ
๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต
๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ."
๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ | ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ
Jun 23, 2017 12:37 AM

Jul 2007
Hongu said:
It baffles me how this has so much hype. I seriously doubt there's anything that differentiates this from all the other isekai LN out there other than "Oh it's sooo dark and gritty man. It's different, you'll see!" And then the anime comes around and it's trash, like always. Every single time.

This has edgy MC that behaves in a way that resonates with rebellious teenagers in a isekai setting that masquerades as dark fantasy setting. That kinda crap sells - rezero is selling bucketloads on the premise of "dark world" alone and this has a teenager-dream MC to boot. There are loots of people who use "liking anime stuff" as some sort of "take that" to society and norms and stuff and they eat this stuff right up.

ironace said:

However..I find it offensI've that people call this series edgy. Rezero maybe edgy but not this one. It somewhat serious but it has done soo many things right that other isekai series have failed to do so. I just hope a decent studio adopts this.

But IT IS edgy. Its literally R/Redpill powerfantasy.

It could have been salvaged if the story was self-aware of how ridiculous it all is and how edgy it is(like how Konosuba is aware that the entire cast are terrible people), but the writer takes it absolutely 100% seriously. Whoever is writing this genuinely believes that this is some awesome story about dark edgy and cool dude who was wronged by wominz and the world and is now taking matters back into his hands.
AhenshihaelJun 23, 2017 12:49 AM
Jun 23, 2017 12:46 AM
Feb 2013
Fai said:
Hongu said:
It baffles me how this has so much hype. I seriously doubt there's anything that differentiates this from all the other isekai LN out there other than "Oh it's sooo dark and gritty man. It's different, you'll see!" And then the anime comes around and it's trash, like always. Every single time.

This has edgy MC that behaves in a way that resonates with rebellious teenagers. That kinda crap sells.

ironace said:

However..I find it offensI've that people call this series edgy. Rezero maybe edgy but not this one. It somewhat serious but it has done soo many things right that other isekai series have failed to do so. I just hope a decent studio adopts this.

More evidence that you literally don't know what the hell you're talking about and you're making an assumption based on the little facts you've heard, Lol. If it's such an issue for you, stop wasting your time over here. Move on. Evidently the show isn't for you.
Jun 23, 2017 12:56 AM

Jul 2007
Yes I read enough of the manga to know that this is absolutely not for me(or people who value their time and taste overall).

What this industry needs to shake it up is an isekai with female protagonist instead of all the copypaste stuff that gets creepier and edger as more and more works get adapted.
AhenshihaelJun 23, 2017 12:59 AM
Jun 23, 2017 1:01 AM
Feb 2013
Fai said:
Yes I read enough of the manga to know that this is absolutely not for me(or people who value their time and taste overall).

Lol from the shit you've written i kind of doubt it. You don't even have a proper understanding of the beginning of the story. But hey, it's best to get this out of the way now, so we don't have to deal with you're usual schtick when it starts airing. The show isn't for you, no need for you to watch it then. Though i do find ironic, that the person who spends their time spamming every forum for series they know don't like, would be the one to talk about how they value their time.
dedeogbeJun 23, 2017 1:08 AM
Jun 23, 2017 1:05 AM

Apr 2009
It's not often that I agree with Fai, but what I have read from the manga seems to align with his description very well. Just another edgy isekai for teens to wank off to; and just like Re:Zero it's actually just increadibly boring if you are not interested in crude powerfantasies for bullied middle school nerds.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 23, 2017 1:06 AM
Mar 2016
Well hopefully is not as bad as ReZero, that was painfull to watch.
Jun 23, 2017 2:49 AM

Mar 2014
Fai said:

This has edgy MC that behaves in a way that resonates with rebellious teenagers in a isekai setting that masquerades as dark fantasy setting. That kinda crap sells - rezero is selling bucketloads on the premise of "dark world" alone and this has a teenager-dream MC to boot. There are loots of people who use "liking anime stuff" as some sort of "take that" to society and norms and stuff and they eat this stuff right up.

It could have been salvaged if the story was self-aware of how ridiculous it all is and how edgy it is(like how Konosuba is aware that the entire cast are terrible people), but the writer takes it absolutely 100% seriously. Whoever is writing this genuinely believes that this is some awesome story about dark edgy and cool dude who was wronged by wominz and the world and is now taking matters back into his hands.

You never even made it halfway through volume 1 of a 20+ volume novel series. All of your points can be easily shot down by anyone who's read 2/3 of their way into the first major story arc. Your criticisms against certain plot points are invalid because you never even gave them a chance to justify themselves in the first place. Also, you're talking as if the series pretends that the things the MC does aren't edgy and fucked up. They ARE fucked up, and the series does recognize and address them.

I don't know what to tell ya, dawg, seeing how you've typed paragraphs upon paragraphs shitting on a series you've barely read.

Jun 23, 2017 3:28 AM
Mar 2013
this looks like most generic thing ever it will be overrated like re:zero
Jun 23, 2017 3:52 AM

Sep 2007
Jak said:
Oh holy cow! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

They better have...

That could be the end of the first season. ^^
Jun 23, 2017 4:27 AM

Apr 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Paulo27 said:
Wonder how much it will adapt. With like 16 volumes out already I thought it'd have been announced way earlier if at all.

17, with volume 18 due out next month. Other than Guin Saga (which doesn't count) has anything else ever had a first anime adaptation later? Even Rokujouma only had 14 volumes out...

The first season of Index aired when Index had 17 volumes out, there was 19 by the end of it.
I'd say that's pretty close.
Jun 23, 2017 6:02 AM

Apr 2014
Why is Fai butthurt about a series he hasn't even read?
Jun 23, 2017 6:11 AM

Feb 2011
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 23, 2017 7:51 AM

Jul 2013
WOW AWESOME

finally an isekai story I've read before gets adapted into an anime, can't wait and hope they don't screw it up they probably will
SkyFullOfStarsJun 23, 2017 7:57 AM
Jun 23, 2017 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
Z4k said:

I think Re:Zero affected his brain more than it should (even though those two aren't even remotely comparable because its only probably one thing). I mean, I have no right in saying about the source either... but man. The level of butthurtness is strong.
Jun 23, 2017 10:23 AM

Aug 2014
''Light Novel 'Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari' Receives Anime Adaptation''

OMG... YES!

โ˜…Profileโ˜†โ˜…Aniแƒe Listโ˜†โ™‰โ˜…่จ€ใ‚ใฌใŒ่Šฑโ˜†โ˜…Manโ‚ฒa Listโ˜†
Jun 23, 2017 10:24 AM

Mar 2015
i really don't understand what people see in this series that i couldn't in the first 11 manga chapters. it just seems super wish-fulfillment isekai storyline type stuff, one step removed from sword art online (and many steps lower than re:zero in making believable characters) it was when the bird turned into another super hot girl totally in love with protagonist-dude (seriously, WHY did that happen?) so that he could have a new member to add to his harem that i couldn't stand it anymore.

that being said, am i surprised this is getting an anime adaptation? of course not. this premise is gonna make bank.
Jun 23, 2017 2:01 PM

Jun 2017
Ugh, another LN like SAO is being adapted again.
Jun 23, 2017 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
Iamnotsaofan said:

Trapped in a game=/=Trapped in another world. This is like saying El Hazard or 12 Kingdoms is the same as Log Horizon.
Jun 23, 2017 2:22 PM

Mar 2014
suddenlywolf said:
i really don't understand what people see in this series that i couldn't in the first 11 manga chapters. it just seems super wish-fulfillment isekai storyline type stuff, one step removed from sword art online (and many steps lower than re:zero in making believable characters) it was when the bird turned into another super hot girl totally in love with protagonist-dude (seriously, WHY did that happen?) so that he could have a new member to add to his harem that i couldn't stand it anymore.

that being said, am i surprised this is getting an anime adaptation? of course not. this premise is gonna make bank.

Adding female characters to the protagonist's party doesn't immediately constitute a harem. You guys need to calm down with the "wow another pretty girl = they immediately want to suck the protagonist's dick" shtick. Never does the series suggest that anything sexual is going on between the protagonist and his companions, and never does it venture into harem, romance or ecchi territory. This series is actually pretty thoughtful with the way it handles of party relationships and interactions.

Jun 23, 2017 2:24 PM

Jun 2017
Jagd84 said:
Iamnotsaofan said:

Trapped in a game=/=Trapped in another world. This is like saying El Hazard or 12 Kingdoms is the same as Log Horizon.

But I saw a lot of people said that Chinese "anime": "The King's Avatar is SAO done right" . So I thought this LN could be another "SAO done right". amiright
IamnotsaofanJun 23, 2017 2:35 PM
Jun 23, 2017 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
I won't even try it if A1-Pictures take it.
:3
Jun 23, 2017 3:31 PM
Jun 2017
ONE OF THE BEST STORY I'VE EVER READ. HOPE THE ANIME GOT THE BEST ANIMATION TOO. XD

(sorry if i mistakenly write the english. dont know grammar XD)
Jun 23, 2017 10:58 PM
Jun 2017
Finally been waiting for years.
If you guys read the LN, it's still nice though some might consider this as a spinoff or another copy of another famous or overly used ones. You might want to consider toread the LN or watch the upcoming anime with feelings on it.

Jun 23, 2017 11:08 PM

Apr 2011
This is going to be the Re-Zero of whatever season its gonna air in
Jun 23, 2017 11:10 PM

Dec 2011
Iamnotsaofan said:
Jagd84 said:

But I saw a lot of people said that Chinese "anime": "The King's Avatar is SAO done right" . So I thought this LN could be another "SAO done right". amiright

That is some of the worst logic I've seen in a long time.

There is no similarity between this series and SAO. None.

(Okay, Shield Hero is a fantasy, and SAO is sort of a fantasy, both have male MCs and both have fighting in them... lol)
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 23, 2017 11:23 PM

Mar 2016
I remember reading the first chapter, but there wasn't anything interesting to push me to read further, so i never continued it. Also be ready for some cringey meta humor and references at first lol
Jun 24, 2017 5:11 AM

Jun 2017
kuuderes_shadow said:
Iamnotsaofan said:

That is some of the worst logic I've seen in a long time.

There is no similarity between this series and SAO. None.

(Okay, Shield Hero is a fantasy, and SAO is sort of a fantasy, both have male MCs and both have fighting in them... lol)

You know. I am really tired of many "SAO done right" anime lately. So I will hope that this anime isn't another boring "SAO done right" anime.
IamnotsaofanJun 24, 2017 9:53 AM
Jun 24, 2017 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
Update June 25
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari confirmed to be a TV anime adaptation.

Source: MF Books
Jun 24, 2017 2:59 PM

Oct 2013
YAAAAAAAAAAAS! about time!!!!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 24, 2017 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
I read the source material already and it does suck, so I'm not going to watch this.

The antagonist are swtor levels of retardedly evil.

removed-userJun 24, 2017 4:18 PM
Jun 24, 2017 5:50 PM

May 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
Ugh, another shitty isekai. When will this trend finally end? :(

What garbage doesn't have an adaption yet? Oh right, this Mushuko crap. Guess that will happen soon as well then....

You're calling it shitty, yet you've never seen it. Typical MAL.

Jun 24, 2017 5:56 PM

May 2015
Z4k said:

The better question would be "what's new?"

Jun 25, 2017 7:43 AM

Mar 2015
oh yeah, if this succes, will ubel blatt get adaptation too?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 25, 2017 7:50 AM

Oct 2015
really looking forward for it, i hope the studio succes this adaptation.

Click the spinning
ghost for delivery (~‾โ–ฝ‾)~
Jun 26, 2017 1:17 AM
Mar 2012
so... Shieldman leader like in Luck & Logic, or aggro tanks in Log Horizon?
Jun 26, 2017 1:20 AM
Jul 2018
OMGGGGGG AMAZING NEWS// I can't wait! hopefully this year
Jun 26, 2017 6:09 AM

Oct 2015
Another Isekai adaptation and Hoshi no Samidare is still getting dusty in the shelf for anime adaptations... Trigger / Gainax CMOOOOON
Jun 26, 2017 12:28 PM
Dec 2014
I don't get why people call him edgy for acting angry, vengeful, and distrustful towards other people. I mean he was falsely accused of rape and was one-sidedly got judged as guilty by the people (even the other heroes) without proper trial. Do you expect him to just go "you know what? You accused me of rape but that's fine because it's not like getting accused and being guilty of rape is a big deal right?"

I really don't get why people would classify such a natural reaction as a result of edgyness.
Jun 27, 2017 8:55 AM
Dec 2011
This is actually the first LN series that I've bought and read and I was just talking to my friends about how wonderful would it be if Shield Hero got a TV anime. Turns out it's been already announced OMG lol.

I think they'll probably cover the first 4 books with around 24-26 episodes (possibly a split-cour)
My only worry now is the studio.
Jun 28, 2017 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
The manga used to be quite edgy at the beginning and went downhill afterwards, turning into a harem, which made me lose interest and dropped it. I hope the anime don't take the same path as the manga. Still, I don't know if the series gets better at the newer chapters so Idk if the anime will be any good at its second half

Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

Jul 2014
Kuma said:
oh yeah, if this succes, will ubel blatt get adaptation too?

I don't think so. How can you compare these two series in the first place. Tate no yuusha is not nearly as edgy as uber blatt. Seconsly with all the violence and nudity they'll have to censor the hell out of it or probably have to make it an ova series , which won't bring that much income. On the other hand, adapting Drifters brings a bit of hope on the table, soooo we may never know

Jun 29, 2017 5:23 PM
Mar 2017
This is my favorite light novel and the book that got me into reading manga so I am super happy hope it gets a good studio and good voice actors for Nafoumi and Rapthalia.
Jun 29, 2017 6:05 PM

Jun 2017
I've no idea what LN is this but the Sypnosis is interesting. :)
Also, the guy looks like Takane-san :D :D :D
Jul 1, 2017 2:28 PM

Mar 2017
Omg, yes! I've been needing this in my life for so long. I just hope they don't water down his spiteful attitude.
Kitsu - Waifu:Lilly Satou
Insert Useless Text Here
Are you a female, speak a language outside of english, and have a lot of built up anger? Then why not send me a hurtful message full of your burning hate for my existence. Leaving an english translation is optional, all hate is appreciated.
Jul 1, 2017 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
Could never get past the first arc. The excessive, convenient victimising just for the sake of darken the main dude just made me cringe.

Overall i just lump this together with arifureta and mushoku as being "nah, whatever"
Jul 1, 2017 11:03 PM

Mar 2017
Amiluhur said:
Could never get past the first arc. The excessive, convenient victimising just for the sake of darken the main dude just made me cringe.

Overall i just lump this together with arifureta and mushoku as being "nah, whatever"

Can agree it did seem like a lot of baseless targeting of one character for no reason, but as you get further into the story you get to hear about a lot of background information on shield heros. Stuff like people being very unwelcoming of past shield heros, religions(cults) that exclude the shield hero from being worshiped like the other three heros, and information that in the past the Shield hero favored the Demi-humans (who are hated by regular people and as you probably know enslaved a lot). So when you take all that in you can understand their blind hate towards the main character a bit more.

I mean if your people had bad history with a specific type of person, then you could understand them having prejudice towards that type of person in future encounters, but all the same it was a tad bit much with how they did it right from the get go. Though you'll find that besides how it was done, the fact that it was done does help shape the main character's personality, and in the end it makes him a lot more interesting and charming (at least in my opinion).
Kitsu - Waifu:Lilly Satou
Insert Useless Text Here
Are you a female, speak a language outside of english, and have a lot of built up anger? Then why not send me a hurtful message full of your burning hate for my existence. Leaving an english translation is optional, all hate is appreciated.
Jul 2, 2017 6:07 PM

Apr 2011
I knew it will someday get an anime adaptation. I'm glad it was finally announced.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Boku no Hero Academia the Movie: You're Next' Announces Additional Cast Pair

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

3 by deg »»
4 hours ago

» 'Sayounara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, First Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by Rimuru0001 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

1 by deg »»
6 hours ago

» 'Blue Lock 2nd Season' Unveils Additional Pair of Cast, Main Staff, Fall 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

2 by Memore »»
8 hours ago

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

14 by Tropisch »»
8 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.