Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 27, 2017 4:43 PM
Jul 2014
LauraBirdie said:
Man Sota that better be some serious trauma because your failure to act has put you in the worst situation possible: the psycho school girl knows about it and your friends don't

He better not end up getting someone killed

Altair's going to use Mamiko's death to make Alice attack the "good guys" and she'll probably end up dying....

Magane is attempting to blackmail Souta to put her own machinations into play. Where Altair wants to destroy the world, Magane is clearly of the "better to rule in hell than serve in heaven" sort.

Where Souta is concerned, two notes:

1.It shows how severe his trauma is that he feels that speaking out about it is impossible for the shame that it would bring him. He feels personally responsible for Setsuna's death, as though he'd pushed her off of the platform himself.

2. His actions will have consequences in the immediate future; Mamika's likely death, and the resulting nuclear blast which she set off is probably just the opener to a fight that will likely span the next three episodes. I suspect that we're about to see a lot of the cast get planted 6 feet under.

I strongly suspect that the fight will culminate with Altair achieving her objective in some manner; the world will be greatly altered or damaged, and Souta will likely be grievously injured; he is, after all, the ultimate target of the revenge that Altair seeks to enact.

kristmark1 said:
HUGE QUESTION:

Mamika's "death" is a bit confusing - how does a character die when they've been summoned from the middle of their story? Does that mean that they disappear from their anime/manga? Or would they go back to their own world with the possibility to be summoned again? Both mechanisms seem strange and unpractical :S

Also, until this episode I didn't really mind Souta being a spineless little bitch, but his conversation with Meteora was over the top. He's actively starting to waste people's time which I find worse than passively withholding info (that may or may not be useful at all). Magane makes up for it though :3

Mamika has no "plot armor" because that rule was undone for her when she was extracted from her show. As Meteora's game shows, the characters are realized but they don't exit their source material entirely. It's fair to say that they are a "snapshot" of a character from a given point in their medium.

Mamika also didn't understand what Gunpuku no Himegimi/Altair really is. Altair, given that she had no story beyond her initial creation, essentially became a vessel for Souta and Setsuna's feelings of regret, despair, and--in particular--Setsuna's rage.

She's perhaps best described as a mirror for Setsuna and Souta; her rage and "purpose" are too raw and personal to consider her to be anything other than a twisted reflection of them and their desires.

As for Souta, he's not only ashamed of himself, but he's also afraid that if he speaks up and speaks out he'll be rejected and judged. He spoke to Mamika because something about her assured him that she would not hate, reject, or judge him for what he feels responsible for--namely that his actions and ridicule played a part in Setsuna's death.
May 27, 2017 4:49 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man that ending gave me goosebumps. Though never did expect them all to get out of this alive in the first place, was only a matter of time.

May 27, 2017 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
Notlikethis Mamika
May 27, 2017 4:56 PM

Jul 2012
@Cour_Victor
Oh yeaaaah! I forgot that she played her own game. I see. Thanks, I was kinda confused by it :D

May 27, 2017 5:07 PM

Jun 2010
I want Mamika to be my therapist.
May 27, 2017 5:11 PM

Mar 2016
I'm interested to see more about how Sota is connected to Altier and her creator because I feel like there is more story there...Wow that ending was unexpected! Mamika is so sweet and naive but that was a sad end for her :(
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 27, 2017 5:17 PM

Dec 2016
Some nice bonding moments in this episode.

Meteora helping Sota out.

If he just told them the truth already it would help everyone out a lot.

I already had a feeling that Altair wanted revenge because of her creators death in the first episode.

That was a nice moment between Mamika and Alice.

Damn she was still standing and ready to fight even after being impaled by all those swords.

Magical Splash Explosion is an impressive move.

Very much looking forward to next episode to see the outcome of the ending.
May 27, 2017 5:49 PM

Dec 2015
Lucky Souta, I mean, who wouldn't want to go on a date with an adorable psycho killer? Chikujouin ftw!

That explosion at the end tho, RIP Mamika.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 27, 2017 5:53 PM
Jul 2014
LukesYGOonYT said:
Some nice bonding moments in this episode.

Meteora helping Sota out.

If he just told them the truth already it would help everyone out a lot.

I already had a feeling that Altair wanted revenge because of her creators death in the first episode.

That was a nice moment between Mamika and Alice.

Damn she was still standing and ready to fight even after being impaled by all those swords.

Magical Splash Explosion is an impressive move.

Very much looking forward to next episode to see the outcome of the ending.

Magical splash flare at maximum power is apparently capable of leveling an area of at least a kilometer square. Given how it destroys the stadium, the abandoned mine next to it, as well as its surroundings. Something that powerful is likely to go unnoticed.

I'd also like to note that Amazon mistranslated the episode (again).

Altair's rant in particular should be translated as: "You pretentious bitch. What could you possibly understand? What could you possibly understand about that girl's feelings? Of [her] sorrow, of [her] regret? What could you possibly know about pain?"

Amazon's translation is rather blase. It's accurate in the broad sense, but lacks specifics that give depth and further meaning. It's like saying that "the sun is hot" as opposed to saying that the "Sun is hot; it has a surface temperature of several thousand kelvins."

Amazon also missed out on Souta's conversation with Mamika, where he made it clear that Altair hates him in particular, not just the world, and implies that she shares his view of being responsible for Setsuna's death.

Altair's ultimate objective is to take revenge on Souta, by destroying everything he knows and loves, by using the characters he and Setsuna loved to do it.
firemagnetMay 27, 2017 6:05 PM
May 27, 2017 6:45 PM
Apr 2016
Loved the Fate Reference in the end of the episode in the Altair and Mamika confrontation. Best so far! Mamika is the best homage to Madoka possible, MAMIKA IS SUFFERING! Souta is the only downside of the show, we'vw witnessed thousands of shitty protagonist, but he is winning the cup of the shittiest by a mile!
May 27, 2017 6:47 PM

Aug 2015
If Mamika really is dead, then I guessed right.
May 27, 2017 6:49 PM

Apr 2014
Khaoticsuccubus said:
alphazero4um said:
Sota once again becomes an idiot. Because he had run his mouth with an enemy. And now the result becomes very catastrophic. Having to keep his mouth shut with his allies because of some stooped(stupid) trauma possibly. And now more lives and society are now in danger because of his stupidity.

Traumas wouldn't be traumas if they were so easily gotten over.

Yeah I guess I might as well agree with that. I mean maybe I am just being a jerk about it because of where this is going with Souta. I do not know how he is able to relay this info to Mamika(which is there is a high possiblity that she is dead). And he is unable to say anything to his allies or friends. Makes me question if this trauma or so is really an excuse to be involved.
May 27, 2017 7:05 PM

Jul 2016
keima25 said:

Megumin approved.

I laughed way more than I should have xD. But that ending, damn.
May 27, 2017 7:12 PM

Oct 2011
MAMIKA omg noooo. rip
May 27, 2017 7:15 PM
Apr 2017
I expect mamika will die, but didn't expect altair is the one who kill her
Yuuya interaction with his creator is really bold lol, but the creator deserve it
Love the interaction between sota and meteora, somehow i feel Meteora will die._.,she's the weakest among the creator and that eye to eye with Alice in previous episode, damn hope meteora not gonna die
Still confused who's gonna be the villain in first cour, potential villain is altair, magane, and alice not sure about blitz
Mamika change to survive is pretty low, and I'm curious how altair will survive that nuke explosion lol
May 27, 2017 7:46 PM

Jul 2013
there's so much i could say but, i'll just say this:

who else played 'MAGICAL SLASH FLARE!!!!!!' on repeat? shit gave me GOOSEBUMPS, dude.

mamika's had a death flag over her head since day 1 but i'm gonna fuckin' cry when it does happen, lol. she's my fave alongside shark tooth girl ;__;
May 27, 2017 8:08 PM
Jul 2014
fishpun said:
there's so much i could say but, i'll just say this:

who else played 'MAGICAL SLASH FLARE!!!!!!' on repeat? shit gave me GOOSEBUMPS, dude.

mamika's had a death flag over her head since day 1 but i'm gonna fuckin' cry when it does happen, lol. she's my fave alongside shark tooth girl ;__;

I keep on watching it too; the end was perfect, and left me wanting more, even though I saw Mamika's death coming from miles away. That, along with the elaboration as to why Souta will not share what he knows, has now cemented this show permanently for me alongside Full Metal Panic, UC Gundam 0096, Gundam Thunderbolt, and Girls Und Panzer. Is it as good as Trigun, Get Backers, Black Lagoon, Ghost in the Shell or Full Metal Alchemist? No. That being said, it stands solidly on its own two legs and is easily a match for other recent greats such as Attack on Titan, Golden Time, and Code Geass.
May 27, 2017 8:17 PM

Dec 2011
Magane is cute in that maid outfit. At first I though she gonna be creepy but she's actually really adorable.
May 27, 2017 8:28 PM

Feb 2011
Hey @firemagnet, good explanations, thanks!
May 27, 2017 8:39 PM

Aug 2014
Nezperdian said:
It's funny how everybody hates the MC when it fits well the character. Souta thinks it's his fault that she commited suicide, so it's hard for him to admit it and, from his perspective, get the remorse/hate from the other people. After all, how do you explain: "Oh, I was jealous of her, and she suicided, and now people are dying; gomene".

Yeah, that's just something you have to learn to live with sadly :/ People tend to hate on characters because they don't do what they want them to. Same thing happened to Subaru from Re:Zero, everyone hated him because he did his own thing and even though it's completely logical, no one ever seems to look from the perspective of the character and actually try and understand why they do what they do.
May 27, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2013
Not Mamika ;_;

Next week can't come soon enough!
May 27, 2017 10:24 PM
Jul 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Not Mamika ;_;

Next week can't come soon enough!

indeed. @Izanaginookami 's reaction to Episode 5, featured here:

https://animemangalnvn.wordpress.com/2017/05/07/regarding-recreators-episode-5-you-fuckerssssss/

Was essentially my reaction to episode 8. Mother of all cliffhangers, this episode was good.
May 27, 2017 10:36 PM

Apr 2015
Have to wait another week agains huh for Mamika T_T
May 27, 2017 10:54 PM

Jun 2013
They look good together, why must mamika....... T_T
SSSS_ShunariaMay 27, 2017 10:58 PM
May 27, 2017 11:14 PM

Jan 2013
Souta is really slow to get to the point. It seems it is a bit darker than him simply creating an evil character.
May 27, 2017 11:19 PM
Oct 2010
Great ep, Sota is getting annoyingly hesitant to give important info though. I guess he still gets physically messed up talking about it but still , the world is at stake here.
May 27, 2017 11:23 PM

Jun 2015
Nezperdian said:
"Oh, I was jealous of her, and she suicided, and now people are dying; gomene".

like that! that would actually work!
Lax_Caux said:
Loved the Fate Reference in the end of the episode in the Altair and Mamika confrontation. Best so far! Mamika is the best homage to Madoka possible, MAMIKA IS SUFFERING! Souta is the only downside of the show, we'vw witnessed thousands of shitty protagonist, but he is winning the cup of the shittiest by a mile!

*cough* *cough* Makoto
FuzzyBubbles said:
Nezperdian said:
It's funny how everybody hates the MC when it fits well the character. Souta thinks it's his fault that she commited suicide, so it's hard for him to admit it and, from his perspective, get the remorse/hate from the other people. After all, how do you explain: "Oh, I was jealous of her, and she suicided, and now people are dying; gomene".

Yeah, that's just something you have to learn to live with sadly :/ People tend to hate on characters because they don't do what they want them to. Same thing happened to Subaru from Re:Zero, everyone hated him because he did his own thing and even though it's completely logical, no one ever seems to look from the perspective of the character and actually try and understand why they do what they do.

i completely agree with the subaru part, but you have to admit that anyone would start singing as soon as people started dying
Creepy_Noire_fanMay 27, 2017 11:29 PM
May 27, 2017 11:46 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, Mamika got fucking butchered. Looked like a magician's act where they put the swords through the box...and she was the box.

Gonna tweak my theory from last week.

Souta this week said to Meteora that (hypothetically *wink wink*) that he and his friend both made art, and that the friend was better than him and that led to him becoming jealous and cold to the friend.

I'm going to interpret that as: Souta was the original character designer for Altair in that particular series; he drew the pinkish/whitish haired character with the long name. The character didn't look outstanding and the reception was pretty bad. Pretty sure they called the character spineless too. Then comes along his friend, who took his character, completely changed it (while keeping it in the same universe) and came up with the badass Altair and the sick, HQ trailer and everything. Much better reception and overall just a better work. Made Souta jealous so he treated her like shit and stopped talking to her.

Now a few things still puzzle me. Altair keeps going on and on about how the worlds harsh criticism and hate towards the glasses girl is what drove her to suicide. But from what we've seen, it seems like the general attitude towards her work was positive, and it was extremely popular on the doujin website. I'm not really seeing how she could've gotten such an immense amount of criticism that she killed herself. Yet Altair keeps blaming the entire world.

Which leads me to another theory from Souta and Makagami's encounter. The way she was talking to him, she was heavily implying to him that she's dead and he's the reason for it. Going off his reaction I cant tell if he was just shocked to hear all this crazy shit from her, or if he was left panicking because she knew the truth and so did he and she brought it all up at once. They still haven't revealed if he knows that she's dead or not, and depending on that answer it will probably reveal a lot of revelations.

Now, if this theories hold true and Souta created the original character, and him treating the girl like garbage led her to killing herself, then that makes me curious about the connection between Altair and Souta. She recognizes him, but how? Does a part of her still retain some of the character personality from Souta's original and maybe she has a faint connection to him as her co-creator? Did the glasses girl somehow mention him to her? Was there a picture of them together maybe? Because it seems like Altair knows a lot of personal details about the glasses girl; like Altair was brought into this world and talked with her before she died. It would be hard for her to talk about her creator's personality like she's intimate with it if she never actually met her. And if Souta is 100% the reason she killed herself, it seems like Altair is unaware. Like glasses girl kept the fact that it was one person hidden the entire time, so Altair blames the whole world.
May 28, 2017 12:05 AM

Aug 2010
Sota is such a fucking bitch ass pussy nigga. Grow some fucking balls already. This show would be like 10 times better without his weak ass annoying shit. I've tried to tolerate it but holy shit he pisses me off.

And Celestia needs some more god damn screen time. I don't care about Meteora and her talk no jutsu anymore. Celestia is clearly best girl material but gets zero development.

I hope Sharky blackmails the living shit out of Sota's weak ass. Its the only thing making me look forward to the next episode along with possible screen time for Celestia.
May 28, 2017 12:07 AM

Nov 2016
i have a feeling once Sota confesses its going to go to shit
May 28, 2017 12:14 AM
Feb 2011
They are writing Souta to be very annoying.
May 28, 2017 1:15 AM
Jul 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Damn, Mamika got fucking butchered. Looked like a magician's act where they put the swords through the box...and she was the box.

Gonna tweak my theory from last week.

Souta this week said to Meteora that (hypothetically *wink wink*) that he and his friend both made art, and that the friend was better than him and that led to him becoming jealous and cold to the friend.

I'm going to interpret that as: Souta was the original character designer for Altair in that particular series; he drew the pinkish/whitish haired character with the long name. The character didn't look outstanding and the reception was pretty bad. Pretty sure they called the character spineless too. Then comes along his friend, who took his character, completely changed it (while keeping it in the same universe) and came up with the badass Altair and the sick, HQ trailer and everything. Much better reception and overall just a better work. Made Souta jealous so he treated her like shit and stopped talking to her.

Now a few things still puzzle me. Altair keeps going on and on about how the worlds harsh criticism and hate towards the glasses girl is what drove her to suicide. But from what we've seen, it seems like the general attitude towards her work was positive, and it was extremely popular on the doujin website. I'm not really seeing how she could've gotten such an immense amount of criticism that she killed herself. Yet Altair keeps blaming the entire world.

Which leads me to another theory from Souta and Makagami's encounter. The way she was talking to him, she was heavily implying to him that she's dead and he's the reason for it. Going off his reaction I cant tell if he was just shocked to hear all this crazy shit from her, or if he was left panicking because she knew the truth and so did he and she brought it all up at once. They still haven't revealed if he knows that she's dead or not, and depending on that answer it will probably reveal a lot of revelations.

Now, if this theories hold true and Souta created the original character, and him treating the girl like garbage led her to killing herself, then that makes me curious about the connection between Altair and Souta. She recognizes him, but how? Does a part of her still retain some of the character personality from Souta's original and maybe she has a faint connection to him as her co-creator? Did the glasses girl somehow mention him to her? Was there a picture of them together maybe? Because it seems like Altair knows a lot of personal details about the glasses girl; like Altair was brought into this world and talked with her before she died. It would be hard for her to talk about her creator's personality like she's intimate with it if she never actually met her. And if Souta is 100% the reason she killed herself, it seems like Altair is unaware. Like glasses girl kept the fact that it was one person hidden the entire time, so Altair blames the whole world.

To respond to your theory:

There were indeed a few haters on the boards that Setsuna frequented for her video. That being said, it was Souta in particular who damaged Setsuna the most. This is why he feels personally responsible for her death. Amazon's translations also leave out Souta's implication that it's him specifically that Altair hates.

Oh, Setsuna is very much dead. Jumping off of a platform in front of a train will do that to you. Magane found out, and it's quite clear that Souta knows and feels responsible. His reaction was a very clear panic attack and traumatic reaction to remembering that. Which shows the extent to which he feels personally responsible for Setsuna's death.

Altair is very much aware, and likely retains some memories since he had a hand in her creation. Her berserk rant at Mamika wouldn't have been possible otherwise. As I mentioned above, Souta suggests that it's him specifically that Altair hates. She wants him to suffer in the same fashion that she feels that she and Setsuna have suffered. What better way to do this than to take and destroy what Souta and Setsuna loved the most? Her hatred of him and his world has blinded her to everything else.

One thing that stands out for me, though, is how incandescent Altair's rage was at the mere suggestion that Mamika might step in between Altair and her creator. For someone who is usually controlled as Altair is, this strikes me as odd. Sure, Altair has a massive ego and an obvious messiah complex, but the manner in which she just exploded in rage suggests to me that Altair is something more than just a creation of Setsuna. The depth of personal offense Altair takes suggests that Setsuna may well have intended her spinoff as an alter-ego of herself, especially since none of the other creations have anything like the telepathy that Altair has with someone who got turned into red paste by a train.

May 28, 2017 1:51 AM

Jul 2012
I wish I have time to read the theories. And that this point this has gotten to be the most spoileric thing I want to vent out, because... This anime gave me a reason to watch a particular anime like this again every Saturday.

1. I have not seen EVA, and herd plenty about Shinji's stress and despair, but I think Souta has the right to feel insecure, frail and just overall scared to admit that dirty old truth that now Makagami knows. (Dare I say she looks cute in a maid uniform? I had a feeling that this is the closest fanservice this anime has to offer so far.)

Somehow, Mamika had a much better development as a "creation" AND a magical girl in this reality world. I want to root for her until the end... Until Altair's rage SHOCKED me! (Yes I was off-guard!) The box-sword torture is so much painful to watch (even though I have seen more than enough deconstructed MG anime like Madoka and MahoIku), but I am interested AND hope that "Magical Splash Flare" signals some counter damage to Altair. I honestly do not like Altair int he first place, and she plays that edgy antagonist well.

(I hope you survived, Mamika. If not I hope Alice can save you.... ;_; )

EDIT: When I think about it, if Mamika is going perma-death, this will BITE karma hard on Alice! She wants to save her world, yet she can't even do that due to her story's fate, and now in their real life, Alice can't even save Mamika... This will likely turn a 360 on Aiice's psychological development...
timerrabbitMay 28, 2017 1:55 AM

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
May 28, 2017 2:01 AM
Jan 2016
Jack said:
alphazero4um said:
Sota once again becomes an idiot. Because he had run his mouth with an enemy. And now the result becomes very catastrophic. Having to keep his mouth shut with his allies because of some stooped(stupid) trauma possibly. And now more lives and society are now in danger because of his stupidity.

So driving your friend to commit suicide because of your unchecked jealous is 'stupid trauma'?

Do you know how much that would fuck someone up?

So much this. It's sad that people lack the ability to understand how much this would fuck up a high school kid, but to be fair it might be a cultural thing rather than just ignorance.

Suicide rate in Japan is the amongst the highest (if not the highest) in the world, the average Japanese viewer is more likely able to relate to Souta's guilt over losing a friend to suicide. Everyone else who bitches about how Souta is acting likely never had a friend die on them while growing up.
May 28, 2017 2:02 AM

Jul 2016
BlazeSoulReaperX said:
i have a feeling once Sota confesses its going to go to shit
yeah definitely that's why he has no courage to say everything he know, maybe he knows that certainly that Altair's wrath to the world was his fault.
May 28, 2017 2:18 AM

Jul 2013
Makagami in a maid outfit looks great. I wish she ends having some interactions with Yuya in the future.

If Mamika is really dead after that, then I would be disappointing.
May 28, 2017 2:24 AM

May 2016
Oh man, that was shocking ending and just blew the hell out of this. Even so, Mamika is still MC and it's hard to believe that she is dead but you know she is dead, right?
What I'm getting really disappointed is that Sota kept cutting his line and just acting he is flustered like he's such an idiot.
May 28, 2017 3:43 AM

Aug 2008
So much drama and not a single damn to give. Not sure how they managed to make everything in this show feel so inconsequential. Maybe it's the premise of fictional chars coming to real world to destroy it. As soon as characters are starting to act really seriously about that you just can't do that yourself.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 28, 2017 4:29 AM

Apr 2012
damn that ending. Don't die on me Mamika!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 28, 2017 4:38 AM
Dec 2016
such a slow episode and than the end...wow that was amazing... i like the alchemist girl more and more each episode...and this protagonist still bad...oh man why he is such a stupid...
May 28, 2017 5:09 AM

Jan 2015
I guess this episode was the turning point of the anime

#PrayForMamika
May 28, 2017 5:12 AM

Jan 2017
Now I think that Sota was a hater for the creator girl of Altair. He could take her to suicide.
May 28, 2017 5:14 AM

Aug 2015
Mamika just Allahu Akbar'd at Altair too bad that was in vain. I hope Alice saves her,don't want Mamika to die.
May 28, 2017 5:40 AM
Dec 2011
Souta is annoying because we already know most of what he has to say, outside of a few very important details that would make life much easier for everyone else.

A question on the timeline though; they mention Setsuna logged in 3 months ago. If that was really her, then she died VERY recently, and I could be a bit more forgiving.
Also, I'm not convinced Setsuna died(or rather I hope she's not) as Altair was conversing with someone I assumed to be Setsuna in her head in episode 3.

Mamika got what she deserved for deliberately provoking the person trying to destroy the multiverse. I'm curious as to whether her 'trust me' to Alice meant 'I'll be fine, just playing dead' or 'Please don't blindly believe Altair'

Also, on the subject of deaths, they already mentioned Celestina(?) going missing from the anime episode when Souta abducted her, so there could be serious implications for the works they are from. However, I don't know whether they would go through with deleting/altering the source or not, the impact on the 'real' world would be large...people losing jobs, no longer being paid royalties to live off, the anime studio for example would have paid to produce the episodes, then get no Blu-Ray sales to recoup losses, and so on.
It would be far safer if they just ended up back in the world they started from (also giving the government the option to 'purge' the summoned characters, or allowing the 'goodies' to kill people without them dieing.

Edit: so it seems I misremembered the part about the creations disappearing. They are probably being created in a similar fashion to Altair herself...rewritten 'copies' that can then change on their own and adapt to their new environments. More evidence of reports of Setsuna's death being greatly exaggerated?
TalliartheMay 28, 2017 12:01 PM
May 28, 2017 6:49 AM

Jul 2013
Godamint this is the final straw Sota. Even after learning his 'tragic story' his actions is just stupid, He's willing to tell Mamika everything but stutters like shit and didn't tell anything to Meteora, even though she opened up to him.

He's not just useless, he's just a liability now, even worse than Shinji from evangelion.
May 28, 2017 6:53 AM
May 2017
I hope Mamika don't die .... I Think she will go to Sota or Others ( Meteora and the others) or Alice ... but She near Death .... But i hope she doesn't died ...
May 28, 2017 7:24 AM

Sep 2009
In defense of the Sota:

1. Why the hell would this character be considered wish fulfillment? He's clearly anything but. He has lots of girls around him but not a single one seems to want to suck his dick. He caused a cute girl friend of his to commit suicide because of his actions. No one wants to be this guy.

2. He's clearly had trauma about said incident. This shows even more when Magane got hold of his dirty sheets. This guy just had an anxiety attack and started hyperventilating. Unrealistic? Absolutely not.

I studied in an art school and have worked in a few animation companies. There are people like this IN DROVES. A lot of budding artists are plagued by self-esteem issues, 'cept this one just happens to have a skeleton in his closet(or so he thinks). I have had at least one friend who, up to this day, cannot bring himself to "un-blame" himself for a death of a friend.

3. Is he annoying? Oh definitely, and I wish he'd man up. But I understand his plight; if anything, he's real. And you know the best part? Unlike other anime, the story actually punishes Sota for being the way he is. Now Magane has him wrapped around her finger... you know, the psychotic murder chick? He's gonna suffer because of his flaws. On the flip side, how would a "alpha male MC" make this show any better? Wouldn't having one be wish fulfillment on our side?

Most artists I know are introverts and "betas" in our very jaded anime terminology. I also know artists who are "alpha", but they're far fewer than the former.

That said, I don't like him. I don't think anyone's supposed to say Sota's their favorite character, but he should at least be understood. The writers can totally fuck up his character, or improve it as time goes.

He COULD be written better and more likable, true, but I personally think writing the show off solely because of him is a little... overboard. He's surrounded by people who are more colorful and more competent than he is. If anything, I have high hopes for his growth.
LobsterRyomaMay 28, 2017 7:31 AM

May 28, 2017 8:05 AM

Mar 2013
THAT DUNCE!!
His action are really infuriating. Can't help but feel annoyed hmph.

As usual Rem Meteroa proves why she's the best supporting and most cute grill in the anime.

The ending was intense.
RIP Mamika :(
But we don't know what will really become of her. I mean will she really cease to exist from this and her world? Or would she simply respawn in her own world, carrying on her own story like usual...
May 28, 2017 8:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
too much words, and feelings.... the best was the last two minutes, when Altair an Mamika talks, and enter in action!!!
May 28, 2017 8:15 AM
Apr 2017
About Alice flashback
You see that Alice can kill a giant dragon with just a single lighting, what will happen in the future i guess
Alice will be fighting again Rui (Rui got giant mecha with him), and Rui will lose with that single strike lightning
Clearly i didn't see why they put alice flashback, but i guess that will do something in the future
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

244 by Karva1 »»
May 26, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

377 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.