3It was OK
5.7%
2Disliked it
3.4%
1Hated it
2.3%
Average 4.5
527 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 27, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuya is such a rebel. Can't trust this guy whenever he's in a bad mood.

Kinda liked Meteroa and Sota bonding a bit this episode.
Really interesting focus on Alicetelia this episode. I'm not surprised at the way her world is like with the high fantasy themes or her view of the present world she is in.

Speaking of bonds, Alicetelia and Mamika still maintain a close relationship despite their constrasting beliefs in fighting. Makagami's encounter with Sota is rather creepy. That maid outfit looks cute on her though

Poor Mamika D:
That ending gave me chills.
Stark700May 27, 2017 9:32 AM
May 27, 2017 8:30 AM
Sep 2012
Well, that escalated in the end.
May 27, 2017 8:32 AM

Mar 2008
So it seems Sakagami is gonna blackmail Souta. As everyone guessed, Mamika was the first to go. I also think Altair is gonna tell Alicetelia that Celestia's group were the ones that killed Mamika.
AnimeJunkyMay 27, 2017 8:38 AM
May 27, 2017 8:45 AM

Feb 2017
Holy fucking shit,Mamika(Rekt in Peace).

May 27, 2017 8:45 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
My jaw dropped when I witnessed what happened to Mamika at the end. Like....f***!

So Mamika's last convo with Alice-chan was a death flag??
May 27, 2017 8:56 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
HOLY FUCK THAT ENDING...YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sota has just reached maximum annoying levels and I can already tell that he's gonna break the limit of that soon -_-

I'm not sure if I can say this now but most likely this will be the outcome after all those death flags so RIP Mamika...Poor Alice is gonna lose herself next episode
May 27, 2017 8:57 AM

Dec 2010
Damn that ending... guess they were right , if Mamika got serious, looks like she could be the strongest out of them all. But she's not the type to go on the offensive i suppose.

Guess Sota being quiet about Altair still, is because he blames himself for Setsuna. I was starting to get a bit frustrated from this episode, at his talk with Meteora, since its been a few episodes since he remembered Altair.

Not particularly looking forward to the whole blackmail thing.

May 27, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Week 3(our time) and Souta is still withelding info from his friends and see what happend, he is being blackmailed by psycho.
May 27, 2017 9:07 AM

Feb 2016
More talk eh...
Souta is starting to piss me off.
Gunpuku no Himegimi ended up being a lot edgier than I thought.
Mamika getting rekt was kinda unexpected and cool.... for a second until her magic attack. I really hope she died there and didn't invoke some shitty immortality save asspull. That cliffhanger though.

Magane confirmed best girl.
AquamirrorMay 27, 2017 1:13 PM
May 27, 2017 9:08 AM

Sep 2013

Megumin approved.
May 27, 2017 9:08 AM

Aug 2013
THAT ENDING... :o F***!

Sota is still staying silent about Altair. At least we learned a bit more about Setsuna.

Makagami still gives me the creeps.

May 27, 2017 9:12 AM

Nov 2016
That ending though...military uniform not having any of Mamika's logic. I wish mc would just tell the truth. Lying like he is only makes things worse.

Maid Makagami was nice to see
May 27, 2017 9:12 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

I liked the part where Yuuya put his creator in place, that was awesome.

Not sure why Sota continues to withhold information, why is he so guilt trapped? Nevertheless we get some vague info/summary regarding Setsuna's death and it's relation to Sota.

I did love the way Meteora told Sota that she was his friend. :)
Chikujouin continue to stir up more stuff and pretty much destroyed Sota during that conversation.

Mamika and Alice had a nice talk and I loved what Mamika was trying to convey to Altair especially when she was willing to accept Altair's sadness. I totally did not expect those sword impales, things got real fast and that explosion at the end was awesome but I'm really sad that Mamika is probably not gonna make it. :(
Mamika and Meteora are the best characters for me and it's just sad that Mamika is probably dead. R.I.P :(
May 27, 2017 9:18 AM

Sep 2016
That ending was epic :00
rest was kinda boring.

SenpieXMay 27, 2017 9:25 AM
May 27, 2017 9:22 AM
Jan 2017
https://my.mixtape.moe/woqnfw.webm
Rie Murakawa's s delivery was pretty haunting, I'm glad I picked this up.
May 27, 2017 9:22 AM

Feb 2016
I enjoy this show but it could be so much better if Sota didn't go full retard.
May 27, 2017 9:29 AM

Apr 2014
Sota once again becomes an idiot. Because he had run his mouth with an enemy. And now the result becomes very catastrophic. Having to keep his mouth shut with his allies because of some stooped(stupid) trauma possibly. And now more lives and society are now in danger because of his stupidity.
May 27, 2017 9:30 AM
Jul 2010
dash5611 said:

True, but I inwardly smiled when Magane called him out on his bs.
May 27, 2017 9:31 AM
Feb 2017
Ok after that ending I legit spent 5 minutes just staring at my computer screen in awe. I highly doubt it but maybe there's a chance Mamika survives thanks to her big explosion at the end. It would be cool to see the repercussions of that final attack and her switching sides.
May 27, 2017 9:32 AM

Aug 2015
Wow holy shit that ending... Sota is just dumb, Jesus man.
May 27, 2017 9:34 AM

Dec 2015
HOLY SHIT!!!!

I'm getting more pissed off towards Souta in this episode, idk how he would explain to his allies without them piss off at him (well, he deserved it)

Owh man, it really nice when they showed a bit about Aliceteria's world

This episode started slow, but toward the end tho......

No wonder many people have mentioned about the death flags....

Poor Mamika, poor Alice

R.I.P Mamika T_T
JuuzouXIIIMay 27, 2017 9:42 AM
May 27, 2017 9:34 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, that final scene was amazing!

I hope Mamika don't die ;_; .
May 27, 2017 9:38 AM

Sep 2010
alphazero4um said:
Sota once again becomes an idiot. Because he had run his mouth with an enemy. And now the result becomes very catastrophic. Having to keep his mouth shut with his allies because of some stooped(stupid) trauma possibly. And now more lives and society are now in danger because of his stupidity.

Traumas wouldn't be traumas if they were so easily gotten over.
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
May 27, 2017 9:39 AM
Jan 2012
#1 Magane best villain OTS

#2 Altair lost her cool. That sabre impale (Gilgamesh approved!)

#3 Yuuya still an effing badass

#4 Mamika triggered too many deathflag, seen its coming!
May 27, 2017 9:40 AM

Jun 2015
Sota is still keeping quiet about Altair. Just talk you idiot. Makagami messing around with him was satisfying to watch. Yuuya put his creator in place was great. Poor Mamika. That was unexpected.
May 27, 2017 9:41 AM
Jun 2014
Now in a perfect scenario everyone would turn on Altair after Mamika going nuclear, join the good guys and deal with Altair the satly, but since we have 16 more episodes to go and there needs to be a story to fill that time of course Altair will blame the good guys for nuking their hideout, killing Mamika in the process, and Alicetelia being her clueless self will believe everything Altair tells her and probably go full berserk mode, which might warrant another death soon.
May 27, 2017 9:42 AM
Jan 2017
Holy fuck! If Magane wasn't bad enough in previous episodes, she definitely ups the ante here by taking advantage of Souta's grief. As if we didn't feel bad for the guy already. Also, it's easy to lose sympathy for Altair considering what she does to Mamika, who was only trying to help her. Mamika's death might as well be the show's permanent loss of innocence.
May 27, 2017 9:43 AM
Dec 2013
Replace Rui with Souta and its Evangelion all over again. Get in the fucking robot Souta. God I hate this archetype on a main character but oh well.
May 27, 2017 9:46 AM

Aug 2015
I feel like Inori Minase roles are gonna be delegated to "support characters" from now on. Also that ending, idk why I wasn't expecting that. Maybe it's because she's from a children's show so I wasn't expecting death for her character, but this makes it interesting.
May 27, 2017 9:47 AM

Sep 2016
holy shit the protagonist is pissing me off
and everybody else talk way too much man! and the script reeks so much "this is deep i'm cool btw" vibe

it's about time to kill the minky momo girl, go altair! kill all of them and defeat ubisoft!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 27, 2017 9:51 AM

Jan 2015
Damn right Yuuya. What you've done to your "creator" is the perfect one. Give him some smack on the face to finally realize about his "creation" in front of him.
Souta really stuck in a bad position now that Chikujoin said "just something" about him hiding a secret. He get easily manipulated like that. And about Mamika, maybe a "R.I.P" sign would be best for her since she seems can't choose which side to support and just being a naive kid show magical girl all the time.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 27, 2017 9:51 AM

Sep 2015
Well... Looks like Mamika just nuked the entire city.

Can't say I didn't see her death coming, same with Magane blackmailing Souta. Magane's interactions with him were amusing though, calling out Souta's bs and all.

May 27, 2017 10:00 AM

Sep 2016
Nezperdian said:
It's funny how everybody hates the MC when it fits well the character. Souta thinks it's his fault that she commited suicide, so it's hard for him to admit it and, from his perspective, get the remorse/hate from the other people. After all, how do you explain: "Oh, I was jealous of her, and she suicided, and now people are dying; gomene".
just because it 'fits', it doens't make him immune from hate train for being annoying af
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 27, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, and I kept thinking, when the author will remember that in the past he wrote Black Lagoon. I understand correctly, now the Princess is not so loved by everyone?

May 27, 2017 10:01 AM

Jan 2013
i have to appreciate that we did not get the usual info dump but instead we got a peace of story with every new interaction

also if the mahou shoujo is the first one to lose her head that would be so ironic
May 27, 2017 10:02 AM

Jul 2016
I think Mamika must have known what would happen. That's why she said a subtle goodbye to Alice before confronting Altair.

BTW, I don't like Altair. Her motivations don't make any sense. Granted, they haven't been fully explored yet, but what I've seen so far has just made me go "huh?"
May 27, 2017 10:03 AM

Aug 2015
alphazero4um said:

So driving your friend to commit suicide because of your unchecked jealous is 'stupid trauma'?

Do you know how much that would fuck someone up?
May 27, 2017 10:04 AM

Dec 2009
Magical Nuke Mamika, huh? Didn't expect her to pack that much power. She did have a giant dead flag on her back tho, then again, it'd be "clever" if that was a red herring
May 27, 2017 10:15 AM
Jun 2014
Heres what I'm speculating, scenario A :

Setsuna created Shirotsumekusa, Souta re-created Shirotsumekusa as Altair, Altair got popular, Souta felt bad, after some emotional confrontation Setsuna ended up dying (possibly drowning as it's shown in the OP) this caused Souta's mental trauma, he couldn't draw anything.

Or scenario B :

Souta created Shirotsumekusa, and Setsuna re-created her as Altair, Altair got more popular than Shirotsumekusa, Souta has some trauma where his close friend plagiarized him and lost all passion to draw, Setsuna couldn't handle betrayal she caused, ended up killing herself/drowning which triggered the events which led to Setsuna's soul creating real life Altair.
May 27, 2017 10:17 AM

Aug 2008
I swear to God Sota is the most pussy annoying beta male characters. Can't wait for next week. Magical girl vs Altair.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 27, 2017 10:21 AM

May 2015
I swear there is some yuri stuff between madoka nad Alice.

Madoka goes full Majin Vegeta. Never go full majin vegeta.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 27, 2017 10:22 AM

Mar 2012
I loved that girl for trying to corner Sota. Kudos to the author, it's well written if it generated this lot of hate.

That confrontation of Mamika and Altair, it was kinda predictable that Mamika was gonna get shot during the silence. But I thought it would be coming from the mafia man, and would be a headshot, one-shot skill. So that MAGICAL SPLASH FLAAAAARE at the end was rather surprising an entertaining.
dzn018May 27, 2017 10:27 AM
May 27, 2017 10:35 AM

Apr 2016
Souta is quickly becoming my least favorite protagonist of the year so far. It is extremely annoying watching him tip-toe around major issues and not solve problems that could be fixed via a message on a post-it note.

Everything else about this show is pretty okay so far, but I feel like I'm also constantly on the fringe of dropping it. I liked the cliffhanger ending though, so that'll keep me around for at least one more episode.
May 27, 2017 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
Holy fuck... that ending! for the first time in my life watching anime I can finally say I've seen a badass magical girl, MAGICAL SPLASH FLARE was hype as shit! made me remember Majin Vegeta's explosion against Boo.

About Sota, FUCK YOU. You told magical girl what you know but dont tell your team? people are dying, there are overpowered characters that popped out in your world, and you prioritize your feelings and past over that? dumbass MC.
May 27, 2017 10:38 AM

Feb 2016
paganpoor said:
dash5611 said:

True, but I inwardly smiled when Magane called him out on his bs.

I would have smiled except I knew it was heading to blackmail territory. If he actually lets himself get blackmailed then this will be one of the few times I'll be rooting for a character's death.
May 27, 2017 10:40 AM
May 2017
Can one hope this ship sails?

May 27, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
Souta's friend was the original setsuna author and he was the one who wrote the altair spinoff I think.
Souta x Meteora and maid makagami with the blackmail :)

Poor Mamika, I hope she lives :'(
May 27, 2017 10:56 AM
Apr 2017
Fucking Sota! now it's getting really frustrating... And of course that ending, didn't really surprise me to be honest, after all, Mamika was literally a walking deathflag since 2-3 episodes ago. But it's nice to see her development & resolution to their situations, And for the first time, we got to see Altair make those reactions(also her true emotion).
May 27, 2017 10:57 AM

Sep 2015
Is Mamika the first death?;-; #PrayForThePlotArmor

Gonna piece everything I grasp together. Sota got jealous of his friend Setsuna(that girl with glasses shown in a small flashback, epsiodes back) and went all cold to her because of her talent I'm guessing as a story maker/drawer. She was prob like alone in the world because of that and constantly bullied by others or something then she couldn't handle it any longer and commited suicide. Somewhere along the way she met Altair? (her own creation) Altair must have really loved her if she is this desperate to destroy the world that hurt Setsuna.
May 27, 2017 11:03 AM
May 2017
Nezperdian said:
Oyasumi_Xoli said:
Can one hope this ship sails?

I hope Asanagi-sama does something

Asanagi-sama???
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.