Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2016 9:13 PM

Jan 2014
La Pucelle was my favorite character. My baby. I knew it was coming but it didn't have to be like that. This sucks. Lost another rare representation for the trans community.
Nov 5, 2016 9:24 PM

Feb 2016
I knew from the beggining Magicaloid would die, but i thought that La pucelle would awake some power on that fight, but I was wrong... but man, i'll feel bad for Snow white... tho she have to get the guts to face over all... she should have known this since the first mahou death... but well... lets see what happens
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 5, 2016 9:39 PM

Dec 2009
Well...there goes my favorite character...goodbye Sou-chan ;_; honestly hope there's a way for him to come back in the future since its hard to give a shit about the rest of the cast currently at least. Going to be tough to continue...but I'll do it since it's a dark as fuck magical girl death battle...the best characters always die first.
Nov 5, 2016 10:04 PM

Jul 2016
Shit, killing my favorite character, god damn, my nigga Sou dead. I really thought he was going to survive. Idk what people are talking about at this point 'Madoka ripoff"- this show is darker than Madoka already. So is Hardgore dead? I've heard conflicting things. Plus this show gets better every week.

5/5
Nov 5, 2016 10:07 PM

May 2015
Telling us about a character is the equivalent to Rains of Castamere in GoT xD You know that the moment they show you something personal about one of the girls is the end of the road for them D:
Best episode so far! Finally some blood and no censorship!!! I'm sad La Pucelle didn't make it to the final 8 but well... I hate the MC I want her to go berserk soon :P defenseless mc is the worst kind.
And I liked Magicaloid! I'm so sad she died :(
Also headless Alice is so scary! I love it!
Finally I can see this show as the New Madoka Magica!
Nov 5, 2016 10:26 PM

May 2015
RIP Souta/La Pucelle :( at least you put up a good fight against Cranberry and you were actually one of my favorite characters in the show. Though your waifu, Snow White, is going to have to fend for herself now or find a new partner.

Ok, until Fav shows his actual motivations for doing this, I'm starting to hate Fav more than Kyubey. Fav=Shit Pon. Anyways, Fav calling Cranberry 'Master' kinda confirms that Cranberry is probably indeed that girl from the beginning. Hopefully, they will elaborate on that.

This episode was pretty bloody overall and they just had to kill off my La Pucelle x Snow White ship. Magicaloid being killed off by Alice was pretty creepy. Cranberry is too overpowered, please nerf.

Overall, this is probably my favorite episode of the series so far. This show definitely has my attention now.
Nov 5, 2016 10:45 PM

Dec 2014
Janster24 said:
RIP Souta/La Pucelle :( at least you put up a good fight against Cranberry and you were actually one of my favorite characters in the show. Though your waifu, Snow White, is going to have to fend for herself now or find a new partner.

Ok, until Fav shows his actual motivations for doing this, I'm starting to hate Fav more than Kyubey. Fav=Shit Pon. Anyways, Fav calling Cranberry 'Master' kinda confirms that Cranberry is probably indeed that girl from the beginning. Hopefully, they will elaborate on that.

This episode was pretty bloody overall and they just had to kill off my La Pucelle x Snow White ship. Magicaloid being killed off by Alice was pretty creepy. Cranberry is too overpowered, please nerf.

Overall, this is probably my favorite episode of the series so far. This show definitely has my attention now.

I couldn't agree more ... Maybe cranberry is really a psycopath in real life....
Nov 5, 2016 10:49 PM

May 2015
ibraheem234 said:
Janster24 said:

I couldn't agree more ... Maybe cranberry is really a psycopath in real life....
If Cranberry really was a psychopath in real life, I wouldn't be surprised haha something in Cranberry's past must have really messed her up in the head.
Nov 5, 2016 11:03 PM

Sep 2015
Rip Sou chan and Robot Girl
Nov 5, 2016 11:03 PM
Aug 2013
Fav said something really interesting in this episode, when he was talking with Cranberry about the addition of items.

Fav: "These girls need to be heroes. If they die over a few added items, then it just means the side characters died as they were meant to."

What did Fav mean by 'heroes', and does it have anything to do with that black creature that Cranberry killed in the beginning of the first episode?

I am super curious to see where they take this.
Nov 5, 2016 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
The feeling when i wanted sou-chan to meet koyuki in reality for so many years but he died. :(
Black alice!!
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Nov 5, 2016 11:48 PM

Apr 2015
So I read the whole thing (LN). quite short (around 30 mins) and I guess I loved and hated it. And I just can't help thinking that there was a troll grin face in the background as I was reading it.

that was a good read. especially the last fight. can't wait to see that animated. to those who want it: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BwUphuy8AsxEalNEaUoxQ3ZUZ2M (start reading at chapter 4)
kidlat020Nov 5, 2016 11:53 PM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Nov 6, 2016 12:02 AM

Feb 2015
Why is everyone complaining about Souta/La Pucelle's death being "rushed"? It went at a fine pace, would you rather he sit there having an 8 minute flashback before dying? It was supposed to hammer home the point that he wasn't relevant to this deathgame at all, which he wasn't. He had never fought anyone before really, and was in over his head. It was actually a really well-written death from the standpoint that they made his death feel irrelevant ON PURPOSE. I'll give the writer credit- even with all his deathflags last episode, I still thought they would ass-pull something to keep him alive. 10/10 in that regard.

Kinda sad robo-girl is dead, but it was no surprise considering she got a beginning-of-episode flashback. Headless Alice just straight up murdering her was really nice. It was a good scene because we, the viewers, knew her ability from the eye-catcher at the halfway point, but Magicaloid did not know it, so you could just see it coming in those few seconds before it happened.

I'm going to go ahead and say R.I.P Topspeed. I like her, but she has way too many death flags. Pregnant(?) characters are never a good sign in a death game.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2016 12:09 AM

Nov 2012
it was hardgore alice who killed magicaloid wasn't it? i doubt they'd introduce her just to kill her off one episode later lol.
Nov 6, 2016 12:32 AM
Dec 2015
Excellent.Now Snow White can't be behind the scenes again.

The show is becoming more splatter.Hardgore could be a kind a kind of Furusaki Yuno for her link towards the main character.
Nov 6, 2016 12:34 AM

Jun 2010
silverwalls said:
it was hardgore alice who killed magicaloid wasn't it? i doubt they'd introduce her just to kill her off one episode later lol.

Yes, it was. The headless girl standing after 44's Death was wearing the Goth Loli outfit she was wearing. And, as you would expect of a girl named Alice, it's modeled after The Alice and Wonderland dress, (A black version.)
Nov 6, 2016 12:45 AM

Nov 2015
>Oh no pon, your protector [La Pucelle] died pon!
>...
>Congratulations! You found a new protector: [Hardcore Alice] pon!
>Unlike someone, she can't die! What an upgrade pon! :3
Nov 6, 2016 1:14 AM

May 2014
wtf is the point in watching if the best girl is dead smh

Nov 6, 2016 1:32 AM

Apr 2015
ECHOnce said:
>Oh no pon, your protector [La Pucelle] died pon!
>...
>Congratulations! You found a new protector: [Hardcore Alice] pon!
>Unlike someone, she can't die! What an upgrade pon! :3

you haven't seen NOTHING yet.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Nov 6, 2016 1:44 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, absolutely didn't expect La Pucelle to get taken out so soon.

I figured, if the show stayed a "tad" on the lighter side, that La Pucelle would've been one of the survivors. But if it kept the brutality up, that La Pucelle would've at least made it close to the end with the whole childhood friend card, and then get axed in a dramatic fashion.

The whole, getting absolutely fucking ruined by Cranberry, and getting so mangled she had to toss Souta in front of a truck to make it look like an accident was just brutal.

And then we got Magicaloid's death as well. Which, it surprised me they killed two off in one episode, but it didn't surprise me it was her when we got her back story and she was dumb enough to attack Alice.

I also wonder if Alice is actually evil. They kept portraying her as this dark girl who looked like the evil opposite of Snow White, and the way she was introduced made it seem like she was immediately trying to hunt down Snow White, but when she actually found her it looked like she was just extending her hand to greet her.

I wonder who the bigger antagonist is going to be, Cranberry or Swim Swim. Cranberry is clearly manipulating the game and has Fav serving her, but they also made Swim Swim look very evil and suspicious looking.

Swim Swim honestly fascinates me because she's actually a little girl making really complex decisions which are the blend of her innocence/naivety, and Ruler's teachings. And Swim Swim's entire reason for killing her actually stemmed from when Nemurin entered her dream and told her she could be the princess (who was also Ruler in her dream) instead of following the princess.

So then with the brutality and craftiness she learned from Ruler, killed her in cold blood, for the incredibly simple reason that she wanted to be a good leader. And then as a child who is trying to make grownup decisions with a child's mindset, she was willing to sacrifice 25 years of her own life to get the cape, so Tama would have to sacrifice less years on the spear and then swapped with her. But she's also gathering all of those items because she's fully prepared as the leader to start going out and killing people.
Nov 6, 2016 1:52 AM

Jul 2014
I have a feeling Alice was there to save her
I mean, she wanted to find Koyuki/Snow White before she even know about the killing (probably)
Nov 6, 2016 1:55 AM

Nov 2011
So we get a story before the anime starts so we know who is going to die and we can act like we cared about the girl who is dying. Also, this is attemping too much to be Madoka. I can almost predict who dies next, I knew LaPucelle was going to die this episode. My next prediction is Top Speed.
Nov 6, 2016 1:18 AM

Oct 2016
wew la pucelle is one of my favorites ,now he died demmet cranberry ..3 persons died in one episode demn this killing must take a chill .. i wonder what would happen if cranberry and calamity mary face :v ..
Nov 6, 2016 1:18 AM

Jun 2011
My heart breaks because I knew Koyuki would break emotionally, and not be mentally prepared for what was to happen after La Pucelle died. That was her rock, her hope, and now that she/he's gone she's broken.
Nov 6, 2016 1:34 AM
May 2016
A bloody episode, I supposed. Rip La Paucelle, wtf Fav what are you plotting?! A lifespan for an item. This really getting more darker.
Nov 6, 2016 1:39 AM

Sep 2016
Oh man, this anime has so much blood! Very exciting. I'm bummed about La Pucelle... I feel like this is one of those short run shows (12-15 episodes) that could benifit from a little more character development and pacing though. I love these characters and want to get to know them better!

I'm seriously so sad about La Pucelle... :(
Nov 6, 2016 1:46 AM

Mar 2016
In the opening they show us a scene where La Pucelle fights Winterprison, so it's not gonna happening?
Nov 6, 2016 1:51 AM

Mar 2013

Manga version of Snow White's Despair
Nov 6, 2016 1:57 AM

Sep 2016
fateoffate said:

Manga version of Snow White's Despair

Oh no oh no this is so sad. :'(
Nov 6, 2016 1:59 AM

Nov 2015
Manga version more brutal.....
HardGore.....
Nov 6, 2016 2:22 AM

May 2009
KuroKagami94 said:
Also, this is attemping too much to be Madoka.

Wait, what?
Even Fav is more different than Kyuubey than he was at first.
DjidjiNov 6, 2016 5:09 AM
Nov 6, 2016 2:32 AM

Mar 2013
KuroKagami94 said:
So we get a story before the anime starts so we know who is going to die and we can act like we cared about the girl who is dying. Also, this is attemping too much to be Madoka. I can almost predict who dies next, I knew LaPucelle was going to die this episode. My next prediction is Top Speed.

What? The only thing similar is the darker magical girl.
Everything else is different.
Nov 6, 2016 3:21 AM

Jun 2015
Heh they didn’t hold back on blood and gore; may be they wanted to make it as gruesome as possible. Too much blood is a turnoff for me. :/ Not as much dark as Madoka since there, the girls could not be in peace even after dying.

Hardgore Alice did prove hardcore. She is the undead of Ikusei. I am guessing she will either spare SW for being unworthy or partner with her in return of a previous favor.

I feel bad for SW. First her precious partner died, then the items got sold out, had to saw Alice being killed brutally; was about to be killed but saved by a headless Alice – not a pleasant flow of events for her.

It was nice to see Top speed and Ripple. They are still working together I see. So she won’t runaway alone but will elope with Ripple. Ain’t she nice? xD It seems they may kill off Top speed to trigger Ripple. I don’t really want either of them to die. :((

So robot-chan’s partner may come looking for Alice to avenge her; while Cranbery will be looking for stronger foes to duel; this anime means business now.

Stay tuned to find out what happens in the next episode of DBZ MS Ikusei. ;)
Nov 6, 2016 3:30 AM

Apr 2014
_Kairu_ said:
As for Hardgore Alice, I'm gonna make a guess and say she's probably someone Snow White rescued before and that is why she was looking for her.

That was my thought, too. I was trying to remember whom SW had helped, though. The girl she found her housekey for? Decapitation seems like an excessive repayment for that...
"Burn this sight into your minds. This is what it means to be a magical girl."
Nov 6, 2016 3:44 AM

Oct 2015
Aversa said:

This anime is going further than Madouka went, it's much more violent.

This anime is just straightforward more aggressive, but still nothing compared to the psychological pressure and horror of Madoka
Nov 6, 2016 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
You guys asked for blood and edge, right? Well, you finally had that :p

Tbh, I'm not that surprised about the deaths of both Shouta and Magicaloid. Shouta was carrying a lot of death flags since the latest episodes and when they showed Magicaloid's life as a human being I already suspected she would die considering that was what happened to Ruler. It was sad to see them die, because I honestly liked both of them. Magicaloid was a nice comic relief and Shouta was the only ally Snow White had, plus he was a nice and honorable guy/girl, so it sucked seeing him/her dying.
I'm fearing for Top Speed as well, since she has been also raising some death flags as well, and seeing how the show has featuring Ripple as the co-protagonist of the series, I have the feeling she will die and then Ripple will team up with Snow White.

It seems Fav is Cranberry's subordinate... Another thing who makes the theory of her being a survivor of a previous magical girl survivor game more valid. Also, considering what Fav said, it seems this game it's just a proof for something greater who will come after the survivor are decided.

Hardgore Alice? More like Hardcore Alice. Such OP ability. I wonder what she wants of Snow White though. She doesn't seemed too antagonistic.
Nov 6, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
Though it was expected, we have lost our magical girl-boy, and in a very messed up way at that. Not only that, but we have now lost Magicaloid as well, and that hurts me. I didn't want her to die. I guess the new girl's power is basically to be undead, which is pretty OP in a contest of murder.

I am now rooting for Swim Swim and Alice.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 6, 2016 5:01 AM

Apr 2013
KuroKagami94 said:

Let me guess, the only -or first- dark mahou shoujo you ever saw was madoka.
FYI , this story gives absolutely no fuck about Madoka. It's clearly visible since episode 1, more and more visible episodes after episodes, and is even more in the future.

Good luck with your prediction tho. Saw tons of predictions from one episode to another, pretty sure almost no one predicted the death of Ruler as being next before the episode she died, and no one predicted the death of Nemurin before the episode she died. La Pucelle was a special case since the story cut right before her death, and pretty sure no one thought that MAgicaloid would die the same episode before starting watching it. In other words, the best peoples were able to do so far is predicting deaths a few minutes before at best, on the same episode as the death itself.
Seems like you're forgetting those facts when you're predicting the next death :3.

Nostalgik said:
Aversa said:

This anime is just straightforward more aggressive, but still nothing compared to the psychological pressure and horror of Madoka

That's simply not the same type of show at all. MAdoka went the psychological way indeed, taking a very small cast so that we care about each problem, showing a lot the suffering they had. Mahoiku is a survival/battlke royale type. The cast is far bigger, you're not supposed to care about everyone, the show will not stop to show a character crying for a long time after something happen, nor will the other characters nicely wait for MC-chan to finish crying as well. It plays more into direct cruelty and physical brutality, indeed.

Comparing Mahoiku to Madoka is like comparing the manga "Battle Royale" to the "Monster" Manga. Not the same purpose, so yeah, they're not going in the same direction nor having the same qualities/strengths either.
Nov 6, 2016 5:06 AM

Oct 2015
Nostalgik said:
Aversa said:

That's simply not the same type of show at all. MAdoka went the psychological way indeed, taking a very small cast so that we care about each problem, showing a lot the suffering they had. Mahoiku is a survival/battlke royale type. The cast is far bigger, you're not supposed to care about everyone, the show will not stop to show a character crying for a long time after something happen, nor will the other characters nicely wait for MC-chan to finish crying as well. It plays more into direct cruelty and physical brutality, indeed.

Comparing Mahoiku to Madoka is like comparing the manga "Battle Royale" to the "Monster" Manga. Not the same purpose, so yeah, they're not going in the same direction nor having the same qualities/strengths either.[/quote]

Oh, definitely. I think no one came into this show expecting to care for 100 character equally at the same time and grieve for each death. It's kinda like danganronpa, assassination classroom, etc. When there's a big cast of characters, it's not a downside for there to be a "lack of character development", since that's not the main focus at all. This show is fun watch nonetheless :) Brutal mahou shojo ftw
Nov 6, 2016 5:39 AM

Apr 2013
Nostalgik said:

Oh, definitely. I think no one came into this show expecting to care for 100 character equally at the same time and grieve for each death. It's kinda like danganronpa, assassination classroom, etc. When there's a big cast of characters, it's not a downside for there to be a "lack of character development", since that's not the main focus at all. This show is fun watch nonetheless :) Brutal mahou shojo ftw

Actually, you would be surprised by the number of peoples who complained that this show wasn't giving them the time to care for each character before killing them. As if with 12 episodes and 16 character that was even possible to do that ^^".
Nov 6, 2016 5:42 AM

Jan 2012
Aaaah I thought Souta would survive till the end... or at least longer than this :(

Anyway I thought the new girl's head would get re-attached first before she killed robot girl but guess this is better? lol
Nov 6, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2016
SOOOUUUU-CHAAAAAAANNNN

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE YOU

YOU WERE BEST GIRL. OR GUY. OR BOTH. NOT IMPORTANT

THAT NOT FAIR.
Nov 6, 2016 5:45 AM

Feb 2014
Damn. I really liked La Pucelle a lot, so seeing him die the way he did at the hands of Cranberry was pretty tough to take. To add to that, Pon called Cranberry "master". It seems like Cranberry is the person in the first bloody scene way back in episode 1. She's pretty much the main antagonist now.

Magicaloid's flashback at the start raised her death flag the same way Ruler's flag did a few episodes ago, but her death was a lot more brutal. It seems that Alice can survive having her head chopped off thanks to her healing ability, described at the halfway point of the episode. I hope they'll shed light into why she wanted to find Snow White so much and what's her overall goal.

A great episode overall.
Nov 6, 2016 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
I have no words! What all this happened, it was not in my thoughts. Something unheard of, but to be expected given that follows the exploits of an anime as Madoka. I would say that they will not be disappointed those who sought strong moments and cruelty to rivers. The final twist, it was unexpected, even though I already had the feeling that something would happen to Magicaloid 44. I'm so sorry for Sou-chan, I hope Fav die in the worst possible way, whatever its motivations. I'm sorry too much for Magicaloid 44, the end was a little girl by sound principles.
Nov 6, 2016 6:29 AM

Jan 2008
Dear authors, I still think it was not enough blood though :/ Splatter more from La Pucelle's face, no matter it doesn't make sense at all and looks outta place, please, enjoy yourselves. I really like this show but it tries way too hard to be grim-dark and creators think that "subtlety" is a name for fancy side-dish or something similar.
Nov 6, 2016 6:33 AM
Jun 2012
Zefyris said:
Nostalgik said:

Actually, you would be surprised by the number of peoples who complained that this show wasn't giving them the time to care for each character before killing them. As if with 12 episodes and 16 character that was even possible to do that ^^".

I've seen that, there are claims this show was bad because they don't know every little thing about the characters and weren't given enough time with them to become attached to them. It's quite funny and make me wonder if they are new to this genre or they make a mistake and thinks this show for a character driven Sol or drama series.

Beside character powers seemed to be tied to their self, I've been trying to interpret how they are related and having fun. I feel like there is a lot more to that than just random powers.
Nov 6, 2016 6:45 AM
Apr 2014
two in one ep? That was unexpected.
Nov 6, 2016 6:50 AM

Jun 2013
holy shit o_o

that was really unexpected
Nov 6, 2016 7:02 AM

Jun 2013
That was such a sad episode :(
Nov 6, 2016 7:17 AM

Jan 2015
I bet SW and Ripple will be the "winners".
Unfortunately, because Winterprison and Sister Nana are lovely together... :(
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

341 by Fn76 »»
Jan 28, 1:54 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

233 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

251 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.