Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2016 1:25 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
OHHHHHH, Lapucelle dead!!!!! ; _ ;
Nov 5, 2016 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
I was worried they would try to downgrade the violence too much but the level was okay. They didn't show directly the decapitation, which was a bit of a letdown I guess, but otherwise, they didn't avoid showing the violence.

I guess peoples that wanted blood will be happier after this episode ^^".
ZefyrisNov 5, 2016 3:19 PM
Nov 5, 2016 1:29 PM
Jul 2015
mellifluous- said:
Hardgore Alice=OP

I knew La Pucelle was going to die, but my heart sank when it happened... Wish we saw more of Magicaloid, I liked her.

my heart, hope & love is gone with him
only despair awaits

seriously wonder on koyuki combat capability, her non aggressive stance is getting her nowhere & made her a damsel in distress, since the beginning
Nov 5, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
By the way, La Pucelle's death in LN is off-screen but they mention his body is so destroyed.
The cops thoughts it's a traffic accident.
Nov 5, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2012
That was SAVAGE, Megumi Ogata kicked ass, i think it was first time Magical Girl pleaded for life, but i can imagine that, nobody wants to die
Nov 5, 2016 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
I gotta say, purely on the basis of the plot description, I'm surprised it took this long to actually see blood.
Nov 5, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2014
I'm amazed at the fact that some people in this thread are surprised by the fact that La Pucelle died. There were so many flags in previous episodes, so that death was honestly one of the least surprising. I'm also not surprised at Magicaloid's death, as soon as I saw her backstory at the beginning of the episode I knew she was done for.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 5, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 2015
i'm pretty devastated by La Pucelle's death, since he had my favorite char design of being part dragon, but I still didn't expect it so soon. For some reason I had more of a shounen feeling like he'd somehow survive because he's a side protag but lmao now that I think about it, that's ridiculous. this anime clearly has no signs that you can survive on friendship and willpower.

Magicaloid's deathflag in the first few minutes, though, that was pretty predictable. I expected her to die. I didn't expect her to try to kill Snow White, but still, that just made her death more satisfying. I kinda pity Snow White.

rikuhod said:
Atavistic said:
Now, what does Hardgore Alice want with Snow White? That's the most pressing question at this point, other than who bought the fifth item (four were accounted for as far as I could tell, but there were definitely five)?

I have a feeling she would turn out to be Homura equivalent.

really interesting thought... i still have no idea what to make of Alice, I thought she wanted to go for Snow White right away just to kill her, but if she's interested in something else, and she's also a violent virtually-immortal badass who can pseudo protect someone on Homura levels of companionship, I'm in. This match up sounds even cooler than Snow White and La Pucelle.
Nov 5, 2016 1:48 PM
Jul 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
I'm amazed at the fact that some people in this thread are surprised by the fact that La Pucelle died. There were so many flags in previous episodes, so that death was honestly one of the least surprising. I'm also not surprised at Magicaloid's death, as soon as I saw her backstory at the beginning of the episode I knew she was done for.

i expect of him to last longer, and the fact that the mastermind of this game chose him this early instead ='(

cranberry should've just continue on on winterprison or that cowboy chick, they prove more of an opposition instead of la pucelle/kishibe souta

and the fact we all like him because he basically led a man's dream

having a person to protect & power to do it, and being loyal to his friend

heart, hope & love is destroyed, only despair awaits
Nov 5, 2016 2:03 PM

Apr 2014
Cranberry is really op even when she got slashed like that wasnt even affected not to mention even more of whats really going on was shown in this ep with Cranberry and Fav the whole game is messed up

also LOL at Magicaroid 44 i mean she just went without even thinking also on top of that tried to kill the new girl without even knowing her power or who she even was so she pretty much deserved that but yeah this ep got super dark real quick and its only gonna get darker
"one step at a time"
Nov 5, 2016 2:16 PM

Aug 2016
damn, shit just got real, still mad about that guy's death..... I thought he hit that other girl first, how did she not die of that?
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 5, 2016 2:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This series is even darker than I thought it would be lol

Sucks that Sou-chan died.....He was one of the people that I wanted to survive the purge
Nov 5, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2008
I'm crying and I'm not okay.

F*CK YOU, AUTHOR OF THIS STORY.

Nov 5, 2016 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
fateoffate said:
By the way, La Pucelle's death in LN is off-screen but they mention his body is so destroyed.

Actually, the novel has that scene later IIRC, in a short story. Well, that's IIRC.
Nov 5, 2016 2:20 PM
Jul 2015
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
damn, shit just got real, still mad about that guy's death..... I thought he hit that other girl first, how did she not die of that?

i'm not dying when i'm the rule

seriously, cranberry should've kill the cowboy this episode
Nov 5, 2016 2:34 PM

Mar 2013
Zefyris said:
fateoffate said:

Actually, the novel has that scene later IIRC, in a short story. Well, that's IIRC.

In MGRP: Episodes? I haven't read them.
I don't want to read something not completely translated.
It's the reason I hold off reading Limited.
Nov 5, 2016 2:37 PM
Mar 2016
Ok so I forget the new Magical Girl's name (Alice Something??) But I am already in love with her. Killing Magicaloid while she was headless was the most badass and unsettling thing I've seen in a while. Like HOLY SHIT!!!

Also RIP La Pucelle T_T (this show is getting so good though it really deserves more recognition)
Nov 5, 2016 2:39 PM

Sep 2014
44 dying would've been more of a surprise if Alice's power wasn't already revealed by the half time cut.

Pretty damn blood kill though.
Nov 5, 2016 2:39 PM

Aug 2015
Mami's got nothing on Hardgore Alice
Nov 5, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
fateoffate said:
Zefyris said:

In MGRP: Episodes? I haven't read them.
I don't want to read something not completely translated.
It's the reason I hold off reading Limited.

I read them in japanese last year so that's by memory. Basically, while I remember the first novel not showing the scene itself, I also remember reading about the fight later on, so pretty sure one short story covered at least partially the fight. So probably in Episodes, yes, but... May just remember wrong.
Also the translation is -at least right now- missing the extra chapters at the end of the first volume that are only in the tokubetsu henshuuhan. One of them is really important since it makes the link between the arc. That's not a place to discuss this though.
Nov 5, 2016 3:02 PM

Sep 2015
2 deaths this episode, well they'll all die at the end at this pace

The new girl is immortal ... in a survival game ! gg wp
Nov 5, 2016 3:15 PM

Jan 2015
Tama needs to win this game. She's just so random that she deserves it. For exemple, in the end everyone can simply forget about her existence and she stays alive. lol

And please, I want to see the twins dead asap. They're annoying af.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Nov 5, 2016 3:20 PM

Dec 2014
Rayzer said:
All right that's it, the only reason why I picked and watch this is dead.
Time to drop this horrible show. If ever he/she was revived I'll be back.
If not, I'll drop this and not gonna pick up again for a long time.
I honestly don't want to ask, but I find those reasons pretty shallow and wonder why you would pick up a series because of one character knowing you wouldn't like it.
Nov 5, 2016 3:22 PM

Jul 2014
Dystania said:
After hearing Fav call her 'master' and rewatching the first scene in the first episode, I finally realised that was Cranberry. *Facepalm*
Man, I feel stupid now. So that's what Fav was referring to in the talk with her. Then the real question is: Is it the second or third (or even further) iteration of magical girls? And what are they supposed to fight against when the survival game ends?
Nov 5, 2016 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
Welp, with La Pucelle's demise I officially have no character to root for in this series. That legit triggered me to the point where I wanted to stop the episode and drop the series. However, seeing Magicaloid 44 get rekt the way she did alleviated some of my pain. RIP Sou-chan, you were the best one of the group and now my feels are fucked. Hooray for edgelordism...hello darkness my old friend.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 5, 2016 3:43 PM

Apr 2013
NipahAllDay said:
Rayzer said:
All right that's it, the only reason why I picked and watch this is dead.
Time to drop this horrible show. If ever he/she was revived I'll be back.
If not, I'll drop this and not gonna pick up again for a long time.
I honestly don't want to ask, but I find those reasons pretty shallow and wonder why you would pick up a series because of one character knowing you wouldn't like it.

More like, picking a series advertised as a battle royal for a precise character that isn't even the MC, and then getting infuriated when that character dies, what the hell lol. It's like picking an anim with the yaoi tag and getting infuriated when the male MC picks the guy instead of the girl ^^".
Nov 5, 2016 4:09 PM

Jun 2014
That episode went way too fast for me :(
And i deemed La Pucelle my favorite character last episode and now he's dead , sad times :(
Nov 5, 2016 4:14 PM

Sep 2015
This got brutal. Now we seem to know who's fault this death game is. There was quite a lot of blood during those moments.
Nov 5, 2016 4:26 PM

Apr 2014
So, now we know Fav and Cranberry have a close connection and she seems to be his master.

That makes his last-second contract with a magical girl whose power is nigh-invulnerability very suspicious. Certainly feels like he's trying to do something behind Cranberry's back.
There's a vicious squirrel! She's after me! She's killing my chair!
Nov 5, 2016 4:29 PM

Feb 2013
I am SHOCKED to say the least.

I have mixed feelings for this episode...
I mean, the series surely gave us some jaw-dropping plot twists, but at what cost?

My favorite character just died, for God's sake...
Nov 5, 2016 4:30 PM

Sep 2016
Zefyris said:
NipahAllDay said:

More like, picking a series advertised as a battle royal for a precise character that isn't even the MC, and then getting infuriated when that character dies, what the hell lol. It's like picking an anim with the yaoi tag and getting infuriated when the male MC picks the guy instead of the girl ^^".
it's like expecting yuri in yuri on ice, but get yaoi on ice instead
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 5, 2016 4:49 PM

Oct 2014
Sou's death felt a little rushed, but otherwise...

they are dropping like flies lel.
Nov 5, 2016 4:58 PM

Dec 2013
WTF this anime is darker then "madoka magica",it started as magical girls helping people then steeling from each other now it's really last man standing type death match , I never expected the La Pucelle will die so soon really sad, what is this game of thrones the anime :((((, maybe cranberry is alien or something, she is too strong, maybe she is the one who started all of this. Really happy for the death of magicaloid 44.Fav really voice was scary . I think the new girl will help snow-white...I love this show
AlhakamNov 5, 2016 5:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2016 5:42 PM

Oct 2016
A good episode,however I can't call it "the best one",since there were lot's of dissapointing events such as Souta's rushed death and Makoto's obvious death flags.

On the other side,I liked the mistery surrounding Fav and Cranberry,interation between the other mahou shoujos and OST is great as usual.

Rip Koyuki x Souta T-T Now I'm curious to see how Ripple will become the main partner.
Nov 5, 2016 5:51 PM

May 2016
Damn it they already kill the best grill boy in the series but it was to be expected since they already giving us huge deathflags since the beginning.
The backstory in the beginning already tell us who's going to die and Alice's ability is too OP in this battle royale.
Excited already for the next episode
kuromi_hideakiNov 5, 2016 5:56 PM
Nov 5, 2016 5:55 PM

May 2015
Yeah, this episode was really brutal and bloody. I honestly didn't expect it would go that far. That ending was really bloody.

It was expected that Souta would die, but it still makes me sad... He was one of those characters I liked a lot. Ugh, damn it ;__;....

It's really kicking in now, so I can't wait for future episodes. This episode was really good.

Nov 5, 2016 5:56 PM

Sep 2015
Better episode this time around! Brutal. Looking forward to next week for once! :)
Nov 5, 2016 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
was more surprised by hardgore dying at first i was thinking I didn't even learn anything about her yet! and she couldn't be killed so soon and yet..

boy this episode got real brutal i knew the opening scene was pretty messed up but it didn't really seem to be going that way with the way people were dying at first .
Nov 5, 2016 5:58 PM
Mar 2014
i see many people saying that four have died, but if i remember correctly its five: the robot.1, la pucelle.2, alice.3, ruler.4, and the dream girl.5
Nov 5, 2016 6:02 PM
Jun 2015
LaCrayCray said:
i see many people saying that four have died, but if i remember correctly its five: the robot.1, la pucelle.2, alice.3, ruler.4, and the dream girl.5

Alice was healed quickly in the episode with her hacking powers. She is more op than an aura paladin spamming potions in diablo 2.
Nov 5, 2016 6:03 PM
Mar 2014
do you know who was the girl at the end that killed robot girl?
Nov 5, 2016 6:07 PM
Oct 2015
I'm guessing Top Speed might have a terminal illness and only has 6 months to live. I think one or both of the twins will die, probably top speed, and maybe either swim swim or Sister Nana as well.
Nov 5, 2016 6:12 PM

Sep 2013
Poor La Pucelle, that was very sad to watch. I did not expect La Pucelle to perish so soon. This show pretty much kills everyone I like. Sister Nana, Top Speed and Winterprison are the only ones left that I like. T_T.

4/5- La Pucelle vs Cranberry was short but fun to watch. A lot of blood in this episode finally gives me the dark vibes I've been longing for this entire season. 2 Deaths in 1 episode. The one thing I hate about this series is that when they show the backstory of any magical girl, they die within the episode (except for Nana and her friend). The death flags are real. Though I do really like La Pucelle, I thought it was great to have the 2nd lead of the series to be killed off this early. It was quite shocking.

That new magical girl is creepy and there was WAY too much Fav in this again. I will never get use to that ball of shit.
TehSnawnNov 19, 2016 7:22 PM

Nov 5, 2016 6:34 PM

Feb 2015
I'm really surprised, I didn't expect La Pucelle dying that soon, that was freaking, Cranberry is increible strong and it seems that she's planning something with Fav. Actually I hate both. And that final scene, that moment when you don't know what are the real intentions of hardgore alice.
Nov 5, 2016 6:35 PM

Apr 2015
Souta can die now that Snow has a new "white knight" for her. Or should I say female white knight. Whatever. Snow refusing to fight to the bitter end was expected.

I'm gonna take a guess and say Snow helped Alice a few episodes back and she has to return the favor or whatever.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Nov 5, 2016 6:36 PM

Feb 2015
LaCrayCray said:
do you know who was the girl at the end that killed robot girl?

Hardgore Alice, it seems that have the power to heal herself, in the middle of the episode they described her power.
Nov 5, 2016 6:47 PM

Aug 2015
That battle was absolutely brutal and the outcome was tragic.
When Fav doesn't end his sentences with "pon" you know shits getting serious.

As for Hardgore Alice, I'm gonna make a guess and say she's probably someone Snow White rescued before and that is why she was looking for her.
Nov 5, 2016 6:47 PM
Jan 2016
I didn't want to believe it but La Pucelle really did die. That sucks. Rip

I think we all knew they'd start killing each other off but holy shit I didn't expect things to get so brutal so fast. And I'm interested in this "selection of heroes" business. Must be connected to that scene in the beginning of the first episode.

I'm definitely going to be checking out the light novels.
Nov 5, 2016 7:35 PM

Dec 2014
Whooooa, the show is starting to get brutal. I know it seemed obvious in the previous episode, but still I wasn't expecting La Pucelle to die this early.
Nov 5, 2016 8:09 PM

Jun 2013
Man, I like this show and its twists. I thought that the next to die would be Nana or Winterprison given those death flags. Never thought that La Pucelle would die even more so given that she's Snow White's bodyguard. And that fight looked cool but was super bloody. Cranberry doesn't hold her punches. La Pucelle wanted to fight others given she's a guy and wants some excitement. But he didn't want to fight to the death. A simple spar would be enough. We get to see Cranberry's magic. She's the musician of the forest so she can create any kind of sound to put off her opponent.

The contract between Cranberry and Fav gets its confirmation here. Episode one's first few minutes are also confirmed to be showing the previous batch of magical girls with Cranberry killing them. This time around the batch of magical girls was selected through a mobile phone game to target the young ones. This means that the previous selections were done through some other method.

Hardcore Alice is probably invincible. She didn't die with Magicaloid chopping her nekoing head off. She's practically immortal at this point. Unless her heart is her weak point or something. The episode starts with some random background of Magicaloid. I didn't see her dying in the end. And right in front of Snow White at that. So much for the Mary-Magicaloid teaming. Mary was expecting Magicaloid to stab her in the back at any available opportunity. Guess Magicaloid ends up being the one stabbed in the back quite literally. Hardgore Alice's motives are still mysterious and Snow White will have to keep her guard real up.

Swim swim's group got all the items for themselves to show that they're still in this game.

Snow White will have to fight for survival even though she doesn't want to do it more than anything. She'll probably be approached by Nana soon enough. Or maybe Top Speed will come to her. But first Alice has to be dealt with. Loving this bloodbath.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

341 by Fn76 »»
Jan 28, 1:54 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

233 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

251 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.