Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2016 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
And this is one of the many reasons why Josuke is best jojo ;)
Only thing missing is his true voice actor ;_;

Awesome episode as expected. Liking the pace so far. From the OP, it really does there is going to be another cour since the restaurant chapters will get adapted and if those are getting adapted then nothing will be cut out.

Next episode is Okyuasu, I can't wait!
Apr 8, 2016 3:22 PM

Jan 2015
This is why I love this show and Josuke .. :D Angelo became a landmark.
Apr 8, 2016 3:38 PM

Sep 2015
Rip Grampa.
Rip Dog.
Rip Stranger.

A great episode. This is why part 4 > part 3.

You just lost the game
Apr 8, 2016 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
The OP was really cute, can't wait for all the silly antics Koichi, Josuke and Okuyasu go through.
Apr 8, 2016 3:40 PM

Jul 2014
This episode was enjoyable! I loved it.
Araki's got no chill with dogs yo. Killed one when the part just started lol

OP & ED were good. I never expected the ED but I like it :)
Apr 8, 2016 3:45 PM

Apr 2013
TheMaster100 said:
Torasu said:

The way Josuke captured Aqua Necklace for the second time was a great asspull from my point of view, even for JoJo standards, hence why 4/5, but that's just my opinion.

Not necessarily an asspull.

http://i.imgur.com/sOqvdtn.png?1

16:59 to 17:06.

As you can see, he picked up the glove.

I rewatched the episode two more times and I admit I missed this. Thanks for pointing it out.

DatFatCat said:

Pretty much confirms Araki just hates animals in general, heh.

TorasuApr 8, 2016 3:48 PM
Apr 8, 2016 3:53 PM
Oct 2010
I love this season so far, the crazy humour is back and the new characters are great.
Apr 8, 2016 3:55 PM

Jul 2014
Torasu said:
DatFatCat said:

Lol yeah xD especially dogs
Apr 8, 2016 3:57 PM

Nov 2011
Torasu said:

This topic actually came up in an interview with Araki. It turns out he actually loves animals, which is why he uses violence towards animals as a way to really get across how evil the villains are. The meaner they are to animals, the worse of a human being they are.
Apr 8, 2016 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
Fadeout4 said:
Torasu said:

This topic actually came up in an interview with Araki. It turns out he actually loves animals, which is why he uses violence towards animals as a way to really get across how evil the villains are. The meaner they are to animals, the worse of a human being they are.

Oh! That's actually a pretty good measure. And I'm pretty sure him using dogs are more effective as dogs are "a man's best friend".
Apr 8, 2016 4:02 PM

Apr 2009
Aqua Necklace sure makes Geb, an EGYPTIAN GOD STAND, look like crap

This episode was even better than the first, so much great animation and awesome transitions, they're really making good use of that sweet sweet stardust crusaders money.

As usual, love the opening and ending. Crazy noisy bizarre town might have edged out sono chi no kiyoku END OF THE WORLD as the best title, and is giving bloody stream a run for its money in fabulousness. And thank god smash mouth is not doing the ending, I didn't wanna get shreked every friday.

Apr 8, 2016 4:05 PM

Apr 2013
Fadeout4 said:
Torasu said:

I think I read this somewhere before a long time ago. As for my post above, I was actually being sarcastic, heh.
Apr 8, 2016 4:25 PM

Feb 2012
I missed all these bold palette choices during Stardust Crusaders.
Apr 8, 2016 4:49 PM

Jun 2014
I love the OP! I'll never skip it, the song is very catchy & the visuals >
The ED was surprising, not bad though.
I never cared much for the Angelo arc in the manga but it was still enjoyable. I don't remember the dog scene though.
Apr 8, 2016 4:51 PM

Sep 2013
Osaka117 said:
Aqua Necklace sure makes Geb, an EGYPTIAN GOD STAND, look like crap

Geb was better/awesome in the OVA tho

And thank god smash mouth is not doing the ending, I didn't wanna get shreked every friday.

All sorts of Smash Mouths replacing the audio on YouTube~ B)
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Apr 8, 2016 5:37 PM

Jun 2009
They are straight up killing this adaptation so far. This was so on point and I love the ED choice. Josuke is such a cool dude. Damn.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 8, 2016 5:54 PM

Jul 2014
So that dog scene. I know it's supposed to be terrible, but I honestly found it so over the top that it just became funny instead. Not to mention the thing that incites the serial-murderer/rapist to get upset enough to do this is littering.
Apr 8, 2016 6:02 PM
Mar 2014
People might have been a bit disappointed with the OP, but I was overly satisfied. Song wise, its extremely underwhelming at first, but then you realize that its really funky, capturing the time period of the show but also parodying slice of life anime OPs, which I really enjoyed. Although there were no CG models, I really liked the visuals with the crazy colors. If you guys haven't analyzed the opening, there's a shit ton of places left blank that could be added to when the show progresses, which I love. The still frame of the picture is actually Kira's dad's stand, which he willl probably be added to when the episode comes. The OP is super lame without analyzing it, but I really like the details that David Productions put in. Really hoping that when Kira comes they distort the intro so it becomes all sinister and stuff. Looking foward to more JoJo greatness!
Apr 8, 2016 6:03 PM
Mar 2014
Hobgoblin2099 said:
So that dog scene. I know it's supposed to be terrible, but I honestly found it so over the top that it just became funny instead. Not to mention the thing that incites the serial-murderer/rapist to get upset enough to do this is littering.

Are you new to JoJo? Everything is an intentional meme.
Apr 8, 2016 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
Yes, this really is gonna be the perfect adaptation from the looks of it.

The OP is quite different from what I was expecting, but it fits the slice of life nature of Part 4.
Apr 8, 2016 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
YUKAKO IN THE OPENING !!! she is gorgeous and i am crying my beautiful wife is here
wow gay
Apr 8, 2016 6:28 PM

Dec 2012
Hobgoblin2099 said:

He hates people that are full of themselves/smug. Guy making his dog shit anywhere, naturally pissed him off.
Apr 8, 2016 6:30 PM

Feb 2013
FrankieKong64 said:
People might have been a bit disappointed with the OP, but I was overly satisfied. Song wise, its extremely underwhelming at first, but then you realize that its really funky, capturing the time period of the show but also parodying slice of life anime OPs, which I really enjoyed. Although there were no CG models, I really liked the visuals with the crazy colors.

Yeah this about sums up how I feel on the matter. Mild confusion and disappointment followed by "hey this actually pretty cool" upon rewatch

Not sure how I Want You as an ending theme is supposed to fit, but fuck it, it sounds gureato.
Apr 8, 2016 6:42 PM

Apr 2015
JoJo's opening visuals and Death Parade's opening song go way too well together wow!
Apr 8, 2016 6:49 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode! I enjoyed the opening, and I'm surprised that I seem to be in the minority that was actually really glad they got rid of the CG. The ending was cool too, I was expecting Shine On You Crazy Diamond or All Star or Killer Queen, but I think the song they picked fits really well.
I couldn't help but laugh when Angelo got trapped in the rock and it ended up being a tourist attraction! He got what he deserved, the rotten bastard!
Loved the episode, looking forward to next week...
Apr 8, 2016 6:54 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
That OP song is fabulous & awesome. Love seeing characters dancing. ED song is great as well.
Damn Angelo is freaking insane, crazy & a complete lunatic. Biting into that dog & spitting its blood into its owners mouth. SO DISGUSTING.

RIP Grandpa Higashikata.

Aqua Necklace is a really dangerous Stand especially when there is liquid around. Using the rain to trap Josuke & Jotaro in the house. Gotta admit Angelo was smart there.

Crazy Diamond- "DORARARA" Love hearing that. His ability is so awesome to see & has so many uses.
Lol Angelo fused to the rock & is now a tourist attraction.

So far my favourite show of the Spring Season.
Santoryu_XBurnerApr 8, 2016 9:03 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 8, 2016 7:19 PM

Jun 2014
I forgot about Angelo killing the dog for stepping in dog shit so that part still caught me off guard even though I already read the manga lmao. Probably was a good idea that I read part 4 around two years ago so I don't remember everything crystal clear, so now I have it somewhat like a new experience.

Wasn't expecting Savage Garden though, would've been more hype if it was a more recognizable song like how Stardust Crusaders had Walk Like an Egyptian. The opening is incredible as expected from something called Crazy Bizarre Town, the title fits well.

Fadeout4 said:
Torasu said:

What about Forever though? Does he like gorillas? The cat
Apr 8, 2016 7:20 PM

Aug 2013
M'kay, I think I understand why people say that Josuke is the best JoJo. I'm sold. This guy is Awesomeness. And Jotaro, that speech about death and life mah nigga... It almost made me teary eyed :(
Josuke stand is so cool. The possibilities seem incredible with his stand.

Really like the new OP and ED. It's a nice change of style.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 8, 2016 7:27 PM
Jan 2015
My only dissapointment with the OP is that I was expecting more of a hip hop vibe
Apr 8, 2016 7:39 PM
Aug 2014
ain't this the greatest
Apr 8, 2016 8:46 PM

Sep 2008
i don't remember much from part 4 manga, except the ending cuz i was shitting bricks, but so far it seems to be adapting well!! i love how it's keeping the same atmosphere and i love the colors.

savage garden as the ending song omg. nothing screams more 90's than savage garden. i wasn't expecting it at all and it's one of their catchiest songs, so i'm pleased.
Apr 8, 2016 9:11 PM

Jun 2010
Woah, I forgot just how intense an ability Aqua Necklace was. Angelo's traps were all pretty damn clever, but Josuke had thought of a contingency plan (missed the disappearing glove from the bathroom in the adaptation, good job DP). The animation style and the usage of colour is only becoming more endearing with each episode.

OP suits DiU and I do like the funky song, but I was a bit let down by the lack of foreshadowing and animation. It also was a bit odd to see most of it in traditional animation (outside of a few CGI models). Like others have said, I think it's pretty likely we'll see some tweaks to the OP once Act 1 and Rohan are introduced, but I doubt it'll be anything too crazy. Overall I think I like it the least out of the JoJo openings, but considering the high calibre we've gotten so far it's not meant to be an insult.

Don't think anyone pegged Savage Garden as the end theme, but it fits quite nicely. Although I Want You is going to take on a hilarious new meaning once a certain Love Deluxe character is introduced.
Apr 8, 2016 9:30 PM

Apr 2014
Next level savage with biting off the dog and spiting it into its owners mouth haha

Censoring is still here but whatever.

Looking forward to more Jojo overall.
Apr 8, 2016 9:35 PM

Feb 2014
The song from the opening fits in Part 4, but i prefer the old openings and their 80's feelings.

#BRINGBACKTHECG
Apr 8, 2016 9:42 PM

Oct 2011
Love the Op and dat ED song OMG
Apr 8, 2016 10:47 PM
May 2010
Just like everyone here, while I do think the OP song fit so well I'm still going to miss the CGI visual. As for the ED Savage Garden is perfect I totally missed my guess but it still awesome so no complain here.
Apr 8, 2016 10:53 PM
Oct 2011
SamBlack said:
Great episode! I enjoyed the opening, and I'm surprised that I seem to be in the minority that was actually really glad they got rid of the CG. The ending was cool too, I was expecting Shine On You Crazy Diamond or All Star or Killer Queen, but I think the song they picked fits really well.
I couldn't help but laugh when Angelo got trapped in the rock and it ended up being a tourist attraction! He got what he deserved, the rotten bastard!
Are you referring to the part where
Apr 8, 2016 11:23 PM

Apr 2016
animalia said:
SamBlack said:
Are you referring to the part where

hahaha yeah that guy deserves all the (dog) shit he gets!
Apr 8, 2016 11:37 PM

Jul 2014
tsudecimo said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

He hates people that are full of themselves/smug. Guy making his dog shit anywhere, naturally pissed him off.

Oh, I know. It just made me laugh at how extremely disproportionate it was.
Apr 9, 2016 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
Its been a while since I read the manga so its like experiencing it for the first time. When he bites the dog and spits its blood into the owner mouth, I just lmao.

I for one doesn't mind the non-cg OP. I don't think an intense OP with CG like previous parts fit part 4.

Apr 9, 2016 12:56 AM

May 2014
I am so hyped I AM SO HYPED OMG !!! THIS IS LIKE THE WORST FIGHT IN PART 4 AND THEY MADE IT THIS GOOD DAAAAMN !!!!!!
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Apr 9, 2016 1:00 AM

Nov 2013
Loved it! I've read the manga too and it's just amazing to see it again! Great episode. Great opening and ending - Josuke posing at the very end is priceless XD. Censorship is the usual style. I did not expect less from Jojo :)
Apr 9, 2016 2:06 AM

Mar 2014
Why doesn't Jotaro just fly around, time-stop, and then neg diff Angelo?

Josuke keeps getting better & better!

Edit: Assuming from the title of the next episode, is this following SC's 'villain of the week' pattern?
ziggy_ZApr 9, 2016 3:16 AM
Apr 9, 2016 3:32 AM

Jun 2013
The OP is awesome as usual and damn that bastard bit off the dog's face what the hell!!
Apr 9, 2016 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
ziggy_Z said:

Edit: Assuming from the title of the next episode, is this following SC's 'villain of the week' pattern?

Yes and its never gonna change.

Apr 9, 2016 4:01 AM

Jun 2015
"Thrilled that so many folks are happy we allowed ‘I Want You’ to be used in #jojo_anime - it’s a cool show and I was happy to say yes."
https://twitter.com/darrenhayes/status/718702028055121920
Apr 9, 2016 4:02 AM
Oct 2011
ziggy_Z said:
Why doesn't Jotaro just fly around, time-stop, and then neg diff Angelo?

Josuke keeps getting better & better!

His previous max time stoppage, if I remember correctly was 3 seconds. On top of that he's add of practice so he can currently do only about half a second. This limits the use of the time-stoppage. ALSO Aqua Necklace is made out of water and hitting water doesn't do much to it so Jotaro would have to go for the stand user directly and he would have a hard time finding Angelo as his stand has a wide range and he hid himself very well, and Jotoro's stand has a short range.
Apr 9, 2016 4:19 AM

Apr 2009
TheMaster100 said:
"Thrilled that so many folks are happy we allowed ‘I Want You’ to be used in #jojo_anime - it’s a cool show and I was happy to say yes."
https://twitter.com/darrenhayes/status/718702028055121920

Ha, that's nice. I kinda hope that eventually one of the artists David Pro could not afford normally would allow them to use their music for Jojo just because they like the franchise.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 9, 2016 5:09 AM

Sep 2014
It was a great episode. I liked the op and ed, the opening is fitting the tone of the part 4 and I'm sure that the will add things in order of appearances (for example Koichi's Stand, Echoes, didn't appear in the opening yet). The ending was a surprise too.
Apr 9, 2016 5:16 AM

Dec 2013
Good episode, I was never fond of Angelo as a character, and his stand is lame, so I'm glad that this episode is out of the way as it's probably my least favorite fight in Part 4 (next to the rat)
The opening is good, though probably the weakest, the ending is probably my favorite though.
Loving the style of the animation, and I feel that this is the first Jojo part that isn't a safe adaptation. The pacing could use some of the Part 2 pacing though if you ask me.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

160 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

160 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Yesterday, 10:05 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

149 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Yesterday, 6:41 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

126 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Yesterday, 5:03 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

128 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Yesterday, 4:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.