Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2016 4:56 PM
Jul 2011
TheLittleRedHero said:
The moment when the people complaining about generic ecchi/harems are more generic than the actual series. People please, calm the fuck down. If you are complaining about it then why in the freaking heck would you watch it?
You need to ask that question? I'm watching it because until I do I won't know what kind of show it is. It did seem generic from the PV, but Grimgar was a pleasant surprise, so it never hurts to check shows out.

But yeah. Someone needs to make a video compiling the cliche magical school harem scenes back to back. The only good thing about this are the seiyuu (two Yuru Yuris and a Mao) but why couldn't they have been in something good?

I'm going to drop this waste soon. I don't need more of this fluff.
Apr 4, 2016 4:57 PM
Jul 2011
Milk_is_Special said:

This definitely refers to blowjobs.
This isn't SYD and that isn't Suzu.
Apr 4, 2016 5:00 PM

Apr 2014
LogiRogi said:
Milk_is_Special said:

This definitely refers to blowjobs.
I don't know what you mean, I don't use a lot of slang...
Apr 4, 2016 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
LogiRogi said:
TheLittleRedHero said:
The moment when the people complaining about generic ecchi/harems are more generic than the actual series. People please, calm the fuck down. If you are complaining about it then why in the freaking heck would you watch it?
You need to ask that question? I'm watching it because until I do I won't know what kind of show it is. It did seem generic from the PV, but Grimgar was a pleasant surprise, so it never hurts to check shows out.

But yeah. Someone needs to make a video compiling the cliche magical school harem scenes back to back. The only good thing about this are the seiyuu (two Yuru Yuris and a Mao) but why couldn't they have been in something good?

I'm going to drop this waste soon. I don't need more of this fluff.

Then again It was kind of expected from many I'm just saying if people are going to bitch about it because of the synopsis and genres, and they not liking it, then why watch it in the first place?
Apr 4, 2016 5:18 PM
Jul 2011
Milk_is_Special said:
LogiRogi said:
You'd have to have seen Seitokai Yakuindomo to get the reference.

TheLittleRedHero said:

Then again It was kind of expected from many I'm just saying if people are going to bitch about it because of the synopsis and genres, and they not liking it, then why watch it in the first place?
Well, like I said, it's because sometimes shows can be better than they seem. Hell, even this silly genre can have good characters. This show seems pure cliche, though, so I'll very likely throw it out soon. The characters seem boring and nothing's new.
Apr 4, 2016 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
LogiRogi said:
Milk_is_Special said:
You'd have to have seen Seitokai Yakuindomo to get the reference.

TheLittleRedHero said:

Well, like I said, it's because sometimes shows can be better than they seem. Hell, even this silly genre can have good characters. This show seems pure cliche, though, so I'll very likely throw it out soon. The characters seem boring and nothing's new.

Yeah understandable enough. Eh, at least you would have a sense unlike others. Even though I'm technically the opposing side of the series that I watch xD I dont drop anything of course.
Apr 4, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2014
A tiny bit better than Bahamut but still ultimately another IS/Asterisk Wars ecchi harem mecha series. Won't make the same mistake as with last season's by continuing to watch.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Apr 4, 2016 5:47 PM

Apr 2014
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
A tiny bit better than Bahamut but still ultimately another IS/Asterisk Wars ecchi harem mecha series. Won't make the same mistake as with last season's by continuing to watch.
Asterisk isn't a mecha show though...
Apr 4, 2016 5:51 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... honestly from the PV, I didn't expect that I'd actually really liking the trap-looking girl. Heck she's adorable.

Although my only concern is that it seems Harem anime loves to go on this road a lot these days. Like Asterisk, Taimadou, Saijaku Bahamut, etc etc. The school mecha-ish anime with a battle on first episode and an OP MC.

Couldn't they have a normal and way more enjoyable to watch and comedic too? Like Henneko, Noucome, Monmusu, Oreshuba, etc etc.

Anyway I might stay, or I might drop like Bahamut. These mecha-school harem is getting overused and I'm one of those guys who loved watching harem shows. Maybe the mecha is not for me.

Before anyone uses Date A Live from my favorites as a counter statement to my opinion about mecha, it's because most of the story revolves around the spirit instead of the AST (which is the mecha part of the anime).
DarklordVorApr 4, 2016 5:58 PM

Apr 4, 2016 5:59 PM

Jan 2012
So how long until he figures out Emile's a girl? Does the Queen actually win? I've seen this exact setup four or five times now and the girl never wins. At best the match just gets interrupted, but usually they lose. Her winning would be a nice change of pace. Well at least there are plenty of big, beautiful tits in this series. XD
Apr 4, 2016 6:29 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Milk_is_Special said:
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
Asterisk isn't a mecha show though...

i guess people just tend to compare every harem that has weapons and battling/tournaments at their school, although this is only really comparable to the ones with mecha suits

moodie said:
IDK how ppl can call this generic and go ahead and praise boku no hero academy

Oh well as for this episode it started off nice. Did the whole intro thing as well as show us some decent fan service. Cant wait to see what story this wants to take.

you know how retarded the double standards are against ecchi/harem, its always going to be the target of scrutiny, even if theres nothing its doing that another type of series isn't
Apr 4, 2016 6:39 PM

Apr 2014
Well, like most action harem, there will always be one cocky and annoying girl.
I have not read the novel, but I read a bit of the manga and boy I still don't like Claire.
Hope it does not go as bad as other action harem series.
Apr 4, 2016 6:39 PM

Aug 2013
Better than Saijaku, all I can say so far.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 4, 2016 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
I'm generally not a fan of ecchi harem series but I thought this show was okay...until they introduced the brocon sister. Why can't anime ever have normal sibling relationships?
Apr 4, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
Typical battle harem start that has already been done for the 100th time not to say it was bad it was just more or less what i expected no way main girl is gonna win the first fight that's just not how these shows work lol but i'm willing to stay optimistic to see the out come.

Emile though.. had me confused during the OP was like yep thats a trap right there then she started to talk so i waiting for the hints of her being a reverse trap you would think the MC would of picked up on it already after walking in on her.
Apr 4, 2016 7:10 PM

Mar 2016
Typical apocalyptic anime where they get teenagers to take on super powered suits to take down giant monsters. This was my most anticipated anime of the season. I was kind of disappointed in how it turned out though. I guess it's my own fault. I thought it would be more seinen.
Apr 4, 2016 7:25 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This was LITERALLY Infinite Stratos.

>Trap who wants everyone to believe she's a girl
>His roommate is a girl
>Catches said roommate changing
>Gets into a duel with a blonde with drills

I was looking forward to this, but wow, it just hit every cliche I could think of. I try to give things the benefit of the doubt to see how they set themselves apart from other series, but I'm not sure if I can do this one. The fact that I continuously kept calling things right before they happen says a lot.

Of course since he's Japanese, he gets a lame ass sword instead of something cool.

Overall just really disappointed.
Apr 4, 2016 7:25 PM

Apr 2013
Seriously there are people that don't know that Emile is a girl yet.
How obvious does it need to be for you guys to register it.

The one girl calls Emile, Emily by accident.
Also "Emile" always gets embarrassed around the main character.

It can't get much more obvious then that.
Apr 4, 2016 7:29 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, nice! I haven't seen this type of anime a million times already.
There's a scientist girl voiced by Hocchan, so that's the only good thing.

Monday is looking like a bust for anime.
Apr 4, 2016 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
How many incarnations of this show have I seen before now....

I mean it's starting to get bad when you know a duel is going to be called in the first episode at some point. Even the episode progression is literally identical. I'm just waiting for that moment when I finally loose any remote enjoyment in watching these battle harems. It's getting damn close.
Goku said:
Generic show of the season.

Girl as Boy obvs.

Also this reminds me of Chrome Shelled Regios

Also reminds me of "insert any action-harem LN adaption done in the last 3 years" and the sentence stays the same.
IZEROIIApr 4, 2016 7:54 PM
Apr 4, 2016 7:57 PM

Nov 2014
Even though i have seen Hundreds of these, i will still watch for something i cant really remember now...

3/5

Still better than *
Apr 4, 2016 7:59 PM
Jun 2015
Lolimancer said:
Boy I can't quite put my finger on it but I feel like I've seen this exact set up before. Well shit, I'll have to just venture through my list to find out what is giving me this sense of déjà vu!

Seriously though I'm gonna enjoy this seasonal battle harem like I always do.

Man i know i have seen the exact same thing, exact same intro exact same story, exact same sentences, even the name i've heard it but i just can't find the name of the other anime, so if you find it please tell me i´m beconing crazy!
I and i'm not just saying it's cliché, i reallu have seen the exact same thing 100%
Apr 4, 2016 8:26 PM

Jul 2014
MaxXZoe said:
Even though i have seen Hundreds of these, i will still watch for something i cant really remember now...

3/5

Still better than *

One of the worse cliche anime I've ever seen.
Apr 4, 2016 8:28 PM
Dec 2015
I give this series more faith than Saijaku Bahamut, it actually gives more of a set up for the fight between the protagonist and the HBiC, by which I mean it doesn't involve he saw her naked. That was saved for later at the appropriate time. It isn't quite as bad as the other Mecha-ish harem shows, for one he isn't the only guy, second they dont seem to fly as much, and it does seem like it's going with a different idea. Unlike the last two series with this theme, none of them had a defined enemy they were fighting or a reason why the needed the mecha. But the world isn't quite as violated as others with the looming threat, so there is that. It makes it seem like the Hundred actually is accomplishing something.

Is it the best ever. No probably not. At this point with entertainment we need to accept we aren't gong to get a flawless original masterwork that no one has ever seen before. We need to lower our standards just enough that we can enjoy some of these series for what they are. I will have to wait and see how the Harem plays out before I make judgement. If we get a blase main girl, who is overshadowed completely by the Best Girl, Also Best Girl, and The Other Best Girl. We will have a problem.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Apr 4, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2013
I have to steal the "I've seen a Hundred of these already" jokes.

I got roped into watching IS, which is still one of the worst anime I have ever seen, and To Love-Ru is already kind of a struggle to follow. I gotta admit they've delivered some pretty girls, but between those two shows, I'm done with harems for the forseeable future.

At this point I'd have more fun playing MST3K with these shows than watching them for real. The ANN previews properly slaughtered this show and gave me some good laughs.

G_Spark233 said:
This reasoning sounds about right.
MayjaplayaApr 4, 2016 9:11 PM
にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。
Apr 4, 2016 9:00 PM

Sep 2013
Well this first episode just screams "LIGHT NOVEL!!". The light novel industry is plaqued with the same type of stories this past decade. I didnt notice Emile was pretending to be a guy until MC walk in on her. She was obviously a girl from the beginning. And I'd say there's a 99.9% chance she is also the same girl the MC saw injured when they were a kid. Im still gonna give this a chance even though its clichéd as fuck. Maybe its gonna be like Rakudai kishi no cavalry where the character, story and setting is so unoriginal but it still proves to be entertaining.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Apr 4, 2016 9:03 PM

Sep 2015
Sometimes the discussions really amaze me, how the heck people can write short essay about how you hate this. lol

Yes we all know its a generic harem series, so we don't need you to write in details how it resemble the stratos, but people still going to enjoy it somehow. Writing essay about how bad and how you are dropping this, in the end you still crawl back to next episode... So move on and talk about something else.

We are free to write anything, but use your brain 1st. Don't go writing essay on the negative, then suddenly writing only short good sentense when/if future episodes become good in your eyes. We should appreciate more on their efforts to make an anime for you to watch, they don't serve you. And omg i wrote a long one, lol.
valvravetruthApr 4, 2016 9:14 PM
Apr 4, 2016 9:37 PM

Aug 2015
At least the first episode didn't completely annoy me its tropes like Bahamut did last season. Let's see if this ends up being better.
Apr 4, 2016 9:37 PM

Apr 2011
Atlas77 said:
Is Emil a male or female?

Emil has boobs, it's obviously a female lol.

MaxXZoe said:

3/5

Still better than *

I see what you did there lol

I just hope it won't become as shitty as Infinit Stratos. I can tolerate genericMagicalBattleHighSchoolHarems if they focus on the story a little bit.
ValaskjalfApr 4, 2016 9:40 PM
Apr 4, 2016 9:53 PM
Apr 2011
Another "Copy-Paste Battle Harem"......

As a critic, this is an absolute garbage.
As a viewer, I actually enjoyed it. Guilty pleasure I guess.
Apr 4, 2016 10:03 PM
Aug 2012
Same GENERIC INTELLECTUAL shitPOSTS by the same WANNABE ELITISTS and CRITIQUES about bashing a anime they already know what it would be about. Anybody with some brain cells would figure out how things will start from the PV itself. Can't people increase their post count by writing positive stuff about a show they like and stop wasting time?

Apr 4, 2016 10:16 PM

Mar 2015
Tevens said:
Edit : i see many people complaing stuff XD but tbh, i like this kind of show, ecchi/harem stuff like that, but this one is just went overboard, too fucking generic. Saijaku still better than this. but let's just see, probably it will become better in the later episode..... just hope so...... y'know.... A-1Picture.....
This show is a combination of!!! Gakusen, Saijaku, IS, Seiken Tsukai no World Break, Rakudai, what else guys ? XD
There are many great LN out there and A-1 Picture choose this. Great!
Congrats A-1Picture at winning "The Most Generic Anime In The World" 2016
i hope this anime was part of April fools
guys, did you even try to see what studio behind this anime?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 4, 2016 10:20 PM
Feb 2012
There a lot of things to enjoy about the anime so far but the main character isnt one of them.

It's been awhile since I disliked a main character so much. He such a little bitch. Stuttering and Stammering everyone, no backbone at all. He would of gladly watch the two girls get expelled even though he was directly responsible.

He is genuinely a terrible person with little pride himself, and little empathy for others.

Although I dont think it will matter to much. For these type of shows they tend to completely scrap initial character and just mold them into a generic heroic character. So most likely from ep1 > 2 he will magically transform from a apathetic coward into a kind brave generic character with zero justification or explanation.
Apr 4, 2016 10:22 PM

Feb 2015
Kuma said:
Tevens said:
Edit : i see many people complaing stuff XD but tbh, i like this kind of show, ecchi/harem stuff like that, but this one is just went overboard, too fucking generic. Saijaku still better than this. but let's just see, probably it will become better in the later episode..... just hope so...... y'know.... A-1Picture.....
This show is a combination of!!! Gakusen, Saijaku, IS, Seiken Tsukai no World Break, Rakudai, what else guys ? XD
There are many great LN out there and A-1 Picture choose this. Great!
Congrats A-1Picture at winning "The Most Generic Anime In The World" 2016
i hope this anime was part of April fools
guys, did you even try to see what studio behind this anime?

LMAO. sorry m8. i thought it was A-1 Picture. This is why LN........
well, at least it is not A-1. LMAO i just realize it..........
Apr 4, 2016 10:32 PM

Jun 2014
Hopefully the action will be good?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 4, 2016 10:47 PM

Jul 2013
I really like reading the episode discussion threads for ecchi/harem precisely because we'll always have the guys/girls who wrote long essays or generic comments about how they're hating the series when they've watched Hundreds of these. Lmao xD

I hope there's no limit on how much these Hundred jokes can be used

Apr 4, 2016 10:52 PM

Nov 2014
Mayjaplaya said:
I have to steal the "I've seen a Hundred of these already" jokes.

I got roped into watching IS, which is still one of the worst anime I have ever seen, and To Love-Ru is already kind of a struggle to follow. I gotta admit they've delivered some pretty girls, but between those two shows, I'm done with harems for the forseeable future.

At this point I'd have more fun playing MST3K with these shows than watching them for real. The ANN previews properly slaughtered this show and gave me some good laughs.

G_Spark233 said:
This reasoning sounds about right.

actually that picture only describes both shows episode 1 nothing more nothing less, the execution on both stories are different.

however the first episode of this god that same recycled from other shows i don't even bother to name
Apr 4, 2016 11:05 PM

Dec 2013
LoL... Emile being a girl is this LNs worst kept "secrets".

Things pretty much started as they did in the manga. That being said, I kinda enjoyed it for the generic military academy rom-com that it is suppose to be. Just looking forward to seeing what happens beyond where they ended in the manga. And seriously I swear the characteristic of "potential candidates" for this hundred thingy is based solely on boob size. XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 4, 2016 11:15 PM

Oct 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
LoL... Emile being a girl is this LNs worst kept "secrets".
And seriously I swear the characteristic of "potential candidates" for this hundred thingy is based solely on boob size. XD

ANN joked that even the MC is a reverse trap hiding a pair of gigantic tits because "he" has the most compatibility out of everyone in the show.
にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。
Apr 4, 2016 11:24 PM

May 2014
Is he blind?
Emile is a girl!!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 4, 2016 11:39 PM

Jun 2015
Generic but watchable I guess.
:)
Apr 4, 2016 11:53 PM

Feb 2012
I love reverse traps, and I never get tired of this shit because I'm always hungry for shit. Give me 100 more.
Production IMS usually doesn't let me down with their trash. No seriously.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2016 11:58 PM

Apr 2011
Its moving on slowly. The episode is okay.
Apr 5, 2016 12:11 AM

Jun 2013
Typical harem anime with academy and enemy Race trying to conquer eath and wipe out the Humanity... Let's see if it will rise up from 1000 of others similar stories.

Let's see where this goes
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 5, 2016 12:21 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah, this is the usual generic LN crap we all have gotten used to by now. Why did I even try? Optimism? Faith in a better tomorrow? I don't know, 2/10 it is.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 5, 2016 12:28 AM
Mar 2014
Looks like another IS. Out of curiosity, I checked to see if there was a manga, and was surprised at the contrast in personalities of the Queen. She's pretty cold in the show but manga-wise, she's your generic ojou-type who just wants the mc for herself, plus she shows more expression.

Apr 5, 2016 12:51 AM

May 2013
Truly about the hundreth time I have seen this terrible episode. The title delivers.

Apr 5, 2016 1:08 AM

Apr 2011
Cliche...

Battle at the beginning of the series.

Special MC, and a Crossdressing Main Heroine..
Apr 5, 2016 1:43 AM
Jan 2014
It's Yu-Gi-Oh GX's first episode plot meets Attack on Titan OP and really weird rest of the episode. Also the character designs seriously reminded me of other anime. Never saw IS so no idea on comparisons there. Going to need to do a considerable amount to convince me it's worth watching. It's never a good sign when I jump-skipped at least 50% of the episode.
Apr 5, 2016 2:22 AM
Mar 2013
bobzanny said:
BlueBalls said:
Will there ever be a good harem anime?

"How to raise a boring girlfriend" and "Monster masume" are the only ones that come to mind.

uhhhh To Love Ru is a thing? I mean that's the greatest anime series ever. But seriously, the World God only knows was good and Grisaia got progressively better.

Heaven's Lost Property was also fairly good by harem anime standard as is Ichigo 100%
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» heard a rumor they might announce a season 2 this October

audac1ous - Mar 6, 2018

9 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 9, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

151 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

66 by Foreall908 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:51 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2016

78 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 22, 2023 4:26 AM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2016

53 by FZREMAKE »»
Dec 6, 2022 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.