Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2015 11:31 PM

Feb 2014
Kuro_Kishi said:
How does this show not even get in the top 1000 on MAL. The show, while not something exceptional, is still damn well executed.

Realistic, light-hearted but also emotional, great cast of characters, and also pretty good production value.

I guess it's a little too realistic, especially the first few episodes, going by one of the threads. And the first episode was a bit overwhelming since a whole bunch of characters were introduced all at once.
Mar 20, 2015 11:41 PM

Dec 2008
Kuro_Kishi said:
How does this show not even get in the top 1000 on MAL. The show, while not something exceptional, is still damn well executed.

Realistic, light-hearted but also emotional, great cast of characters, and also pretty good production value.

It's getting quite close though; personally I think it deserves to be in the top 500, especially with what it just did in this episode.

If you have a handful of people literally saying that the ending moment was just as emotional as Shigatsu, if not more-so, then you know it's pretty damn good.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Mar 21, 2015 12:30 AM
Nov 2010
This episode was hilarious. When he takes on the editorial staff I had a ball. Laughed so much. I'm so glad they tied it in by involving the last girl...the tears on Miyamori was so movinggg. I loved how she was hiding behind the script. =) And happy for Sakaki too.

The cues on the storyboard looked really hard.....trying to time it all to the cue.....@.@ seiyuus are so awesome =) I loved how the lines paralleled her situation getting her first anime gig.......so beautiful =D
Mar 21, 2015 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
Okashi_sama said:
One of the most emotionally impactful scene I've seen in anime, on par, if not better, than my favorite scenes.

It's been so long since I cried over a scene in anime. 6/5
Mar 21, 2015 1:28 AM

Apr 2010
Even though it was at the very end Shizuka finally gets a role and everyone's dream of working on an anime together is realized. Wonder what the last episode has in store for us.

Maybe Shizuka should look into doing imouto and/or loli roles since her voice sounds younger.
Mar 21, 2015 2:35 AM

Oct 2012
Skullcrusher said:
Awesome episode!!!

YumeNoMonogatari said:

This scene moved me more than Shigatsu. Not lying, not trolling.

Me too.

ME
Mar 21, 2015 3:31 AM

Mar 2013
Funny story guy finally got rid off

Shizuka finally got a role.. i cried like Myamori.. Congrats Zuka-chan :')
Mar 21, 2015 3:57 AM

Oct 2013
Shizuka! She finally got her role! I'm so proud! >~< I like how the director and the original creator eventually came up with an ending for Aria. Also, they used one of Midori's lines! ^-^

So proud of these girls. Last episode is next week, which is kind of sad.
Mar 21, 2015 3:59 AM

Nov 2012
funny story guy got BTFO'd! finally!
and zuka finally got a role, good for her :>
Mar 21, 2015 4:29 AM

Oct 2013
MY BB TAKAHIRO AS NOGAME <3

that whole part with the director getting into the building to see Nogame, the editor getting knocked on his ass FUNNY STORY, the end with Zuka and Miyamori was so wonderful

I think this whole episode was perfect
Mar 21, 2015 5:06 AM

Aug 2010
I'm sure when the series' status get's completed, it'll reach the #<500s

Look how much Progress it's had I'm sure this ep and the finale will raise it more. Japan has good taste for once with 12-13k sales :3
Mar 21, 2015 5:50 AM

Aug 2014
Knew it, the FUNNY STORY bastard is the one behind all of this. I'm really want to punch him in his sorry face.
Really satisfied when he got BTFO like 3 times this episode. Hadou-Belly ROTFL xDD

What do you know, Zuka got roles in the Aerial Girls after all. That scene at the end was really touching.. *sob*

Really nice to see all of the girls Aoi, Ema, Zuka, Misa and Midori practically involved in completing the Aerial Girls Anime. ;)

Final episode next.. I really don't want to see this anime ends...
Mar 21, 2015 6:25 AM

Jan 2013
And she got the role, as expected, good :3

bastek66 said:
That's a big change

And now I wonder how that happened.
Since this episode was about the autor that didn't agreed with the original ending. It makes me wonder how can other autor allow such things that makes the adaptation worse...
Mar 21, 2015 7:22 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, this was surprisingly powerful. I was almost crying tears of joy. Very heartwarming! Plus you can throw in the Directors battle against the editorial staff. So it was making me laugh and almost cry within a short period of time. Very comforting.

Nogame has an honest reason for why he wants the anime to be made a certain why, and he isn't a jerk at all. It all makes sense and justifies him as a character. Although his editor is forever incompetent, but he probably really did want to help.

All of the main cast have had their hands on the anime, and that is a wonderful thing to see. I'm looking forward to the final episode, but it will also be pretty sad. I really love this series, its inspiring, heartwarming, funny, and informational all at the same time. What more can you want from an anime?
Mar 21, 2015 8:32 AM
Apr 2013
I've been lurking around for a few years but i can't just turn a blind eye to the sweetness that i just saw when Miyamori cried, it was genuinely for her friend and to a certain of extent i believe she was worried for her. The relief and happy feelings Miyamori felt for Aoi was awesome, made me cry for real...for some reason when she covered her face, i find her really cute too!!!...what a beautiful individual...wonder why this anime didn't get a good rating on MAL, i most definitely welcome a second season...it would be great to see the 5 of them make their anime of their dreams come true!:)

PS: LOL at the belly defence and attacks by the director and down with that funny story creep!:p
SephyriaMar 21, 2015 9:24 AM
Mar 21, 2015 9:15 AM

Mar 2011
Me watching this episode:
Mar 21, 2015 10:06 AM
Aug 2013
Happy tears are flowing ~~~
Mar 21, 2015 10:16 AM

Mar 2014
Congrats Zuka-senpai got a role after all

[spoiler]I knew that fucking Editor bastard lied to them !!![spoiler]
Mar 21, 2015 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
ZUKAAAAAA!!!! It's been a while since I teared up at an anime episode but I cried together with Miyamori T_T

This episode is perfect in every way! The cowboy director, the many Street Fighter moves, funny story editor got fired, and then Zuka got the unexpected role.

I feel like giving this anime a perfect score already based on this episode (as well as the baseball and the flashback episodes last time). I don't think there was any newer anime (within 2013-2014 anyway) that had stirred so much emotion in me as much as Shirobako.
Mar 21, 2015 10:31 AM

Mar 2013
This anime its just too good!

That ending... gj zuka!
Mar 21, 2015 12:01 PM

Oct 2014
I loved how the director took on the persona of a cowboy. The scene of him marching up to meet the original creator was fantastic. "Tatsumaki Senpuu-Belly!"

The ending scene was very emotional. A few manly tears left my eyes at the end. I was so happy to see Zuka getting a role! And Miyamor's tears made it even harder for me to keep my composure. I think I'm getting a little soft. :P
Mar 21, 2015 12:14 PM

Aug 2008
bastek66 said:
That's a big change

They were trying to increase sales or something. They moe-fied her and increased her sex appeal. It's no wonder why the creator is wary of his works becoming anime.

The last scene was really nice.
Mar 21, 2015 1:12 PM

Dec 2012
I was moved by the end. See Myamori in tears was indescribable, my tears started to flow without thinking. I am so glad ! Zuko find finally his first major role in the Miyamori's company.
Best episode of the anime (*-*). A bunch of feelings and crazy moments with the director, perfect.
Mar 21, 2015 3:02 PM

Feb 2012
Finally some love for the redhead!
Mar 21, 2015 3:15 PM

May 2013
Haha, that assistant handled the director damn well.

Please fire him... please.

I want those rice balls.

A bittersweet ending would be nice.

Such a silly and serious episode. xD

The director and creator getting so excited is adorable.

HELL YES FINALLY.

IT'S GONNA BE ZUKA ISN'T IT.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

CRYING MIYAMORI IS THE BEST.

Bumped up to 8/10.
Mar 21, 2015 5:09 PM
Feb 2015
The last scene made me feel more than the entire second arc of Shigatsu, I'll be dreaming for more seasons.
Mar 21, 2015 5:47 PM

Nov 2008
NihonFalcom said:
ZUKA GETS A ROLE!?!?!?!?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

Been waiting for her to get her role in the final arc - Go Zukkkkaaaaaa .. I was moved myself ... Miyamoris tears... such feels T^T
sirwenceMar 21, 2015 5:55 PM
Mar 21, 2015 9:34 PM

Feb 2014
Finally Zuka! Happy tears fell on my eyes after Zuka delivered her lines.
Mar 21, 2015 9:38 PM

Jul 2011
We finally get something for Shizuka. So happy for her!! Love how the Director explained why Shizuka was back, that she was at the back of his mind. I'm glad those musical practices finally paid off. She did her lines with confidence and I'm just so happy she finally gets a break! Though minor, I hope she does some bigger roles in the future. :)

I reacted in the exact same way as Miyamori, same timing too! First very surprised, then happy, then tears after Shizuka said "I just got a step closer to my dream." When Miyamori got embarrassed and hid behind the book, that just made me burst into tears! And the way her face was animated was so realistic and full of emotion. Well done!! That was splendid.

This show just got even better, what the heck. And the whole battle to get to the creator was great! It was hilarious with how over the top it was, but it was excellent. The Director's bullet dodging skills!! Except the cowboy suit lol. And "It's not a funny story!" x2 LOL. About time! Go! Superpowers!

Yup, Shirobako has a bit of Uchuu Kyoudai vibes. But they're drastically different. I love them both. <33
MirorinMar 21, 2015 9:51 PM
Mar 21, 2015 9:44 PM

Nov 2012
Just wanna hug her<3
Mar 21, 2015 11:12 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was just.... beautiful....

Chazawa was a lazy bastard through and through, worrying about his free time and all that. The first meeting that he had with Segawa had the undertones of him taking revenge on Musani for what they'd done to him in previous episodes (not letting him play golf and such).

Considering what I'd seen from "My Little Sister", I kind of felt sympathy for Nogame, and could totally understand his reasons for wanting the animation directors to follow his script to a T. When your previous works are animated but the end result has absolutely nothing to do with your original work, it's a slap to the face for creators. It's like production studios attempting to hijack your fan base by using the hype from your original work to promote the totally unrelated abomination that they cooked up, just to sell to TV stations. Stuff like that doesn't go well ever. Nogame probably felt that he didn't want his new creations to be jacked like the other one, hence his opposition to the original ending.

Good thing the Director took matters into his own hands and made the effort to contact Nogame directly. In the end it took the lazy bastard out of the equation, and ended up creating an opportunity for Zuka's debut role.

From the get-go, I was expecting some super dramatic reason for why they could include Zuka into the cast. I was thinking maybe Catherine's VA wouldn't be able to make it for the entire show and would need her to step in. The creation of an entirely new character in Lucy threw me off, albeit it was a pleasant throw off so I don't really mind that much.

I feel so proud of Zuka for keeping her head up when faced with multiple stabs of failure, and holding out on asking her friends to promote her until she managed to snag her chance with her own strength and run with it. This was just too perfect an ending for her to start her fledgling career. Now she'll officially get her name in the credits as an official character (as opposed to being an understudy of whoever played Catherine). I love Miyamori for her reactions, and the genuine emotions shown of the happiness she has for her friends.

Hopefully now 3rd Arial Girls Squadron will officially be the FIRST animation where all five girls will have their name in the credits (hopefully... since I don't know how they'd add Midori there)

This definitely needs a second season. It's just too good!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 21, 2015 11:14 PM

Sep 2014
Miyamori's such a sweet friend. I was crying for Shizuka too.. I was so happy.
I loved this episode, the subtle gags, ridiculous Street Fighter belly powers, and just an overall aura of positiveness, that feeling that everything is alright and just as it should be.

I can't wait for the final episode :)
Mar 21, 2015 11:19 PM

Jan 2014
That Aoi ending scene was sooooooooooo greatly done, i was really move by it. The final lines reflect exactly what Zuka-chan had been dreaming about the whole series.
Really really good. Love this anime <3
Mar 22, 2015 5:50 AM
Apr 2014
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY. That fucking editor finally got what he deserved. Fucking "funny story". Nothing about those were funny... Not even once.

And Zuka-chan get her first role. Though that was kinda obvious after the meeting between Nogame and Kinoshita.
Mar 22, 2015 7:29 AM

Jun 2014
This episode was hilarious. I loved how they tricked the director.
Zuka finally got a role yes! Myamori' tears were awesome too. That's genuine friendship.
This awesome show can't end next week ;___;
Mar 22, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
Andddd into my favorite list it goes, anybody know why miyamori was crying at the end? was she just happy for Zuka?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 22, 2015 11:07 AM

Dec 2012
Zee530 said:
was she just happy for Zuka?

exactly!
these are tears of happiness
Mar 22, 2015 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
Meh, only one episode left. ;_;
Mar 22, 2015 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
actually teared up a bit at the end ;-;

Mar 22, 2015 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
That editor guy getting his shit fucking rekt was so satisfying that it's hard to put into words...funny story.

Do I still believe that Zuka's character was entirely wasted? Yes. They could have brought her into a seiyuu role halfway through the 2nd cour, and we would've still had a good level of impact. Plus then we would've gotten to more bits of the seiyuu industry, just like how Diesel gave us better insight into writing.

Though, despite dicking over a character with so much potential for 22 goddamn episodes, they did a really good job with that scene. It was literally impossible not to feel anything when Aoi started crying. That moment was just perfect and made complete sense.
Mar 22, 2015 5:07 PM

Aug 2013
HachiKirra said:
Now tell me, why does this brilliant of a show only have 7.66 rating and 39,919 members? Where is the love for this show, MAL? Are you tsundere for good shows? Please tell me why, how, what did go wrong? Please. PLEASE TELL ME!

Because it's a good show, but it's not a master piece by any means.

I'll probably give it a 7, and I don't think it should ever reach 8.

And that rational doesn't work when there are plenty of good shows with equally good ratings like Ergo Proxy and Shinsekai yori.
Mar 22, 2015 7:44 PM

Apr 2014
ALL DEM HAPPY FEELS TEARS! WHAAA!!!!
GREAT episode!
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Mar 22, 2015 7:59 PM
Oct 2012
Jonesy974 said:
Do I still believe that Zuka's character was entirely wasted? Yes. They could have brought her into a seiyuu role halfway through the 2nd cour,

I completely disagree. She had to be the last of the five to work on the animation (though not their individual project, this animation is the conclusion of their dream to work together on an animation). The other four characters are in industries where skill is predominate, writing, producing, drawing, 3D animation, if you have talent you will find work. VA though is different. Skill alone isn't going to be enough because so many people want to have such a high exposure job, you need luck as well as talent to succeed. Zuka won this role with her audition, having us wait until this episode was absolutely perfect. This was the bit of luck she needed to propel talent into employment.
Mar 22, 2015 8:08 PM
Mar 22, 2015 8:52 PM

Nov 2012
2 people hated this episodes

Who are those monster -_-
Mar 22, 2015 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
cant lie when aoi started crying, i was too. And that smile in the end... gosh i think my laptop reeks of onion. ;.;
Mar 22, 2015 10:10 PM

Apr 2010
I'm in tears for Zuka-chan, too. After all the struggling, rejections and failures, she finally got a little closer to her dream. The emotion just flowed out. And was well-deserved.
But collectively, this group of friends has just now finally merged onto the long highway to their dreams. And with one episode left I smell a second season teaser.

Other than that, wow, that battle between the director and the editor staff was epic and hilarious! Good thing he stayed fat.

5/5 on the episode. Fantastic.

Mar 22, 2015 11:01 PM

Apr 2012
Kantoku so badass xD

Finally! congrats Zuka-chan :D

Mar 23, 2015 3:35 AM
Mar 2012
HachiKirra said:
Now tell me, why does this brilliant of a show only have 7.66 rating and 39,919 members? Where is the love for this show, MAL? Are you tsundere for good shows? Please tell me why, how, what did go wrong? Please. PLEASE TELL ME!

You should know by now that MAL ratings aren't meant to be taken seriously.
Mar 23, 2015 6:53 AM

Jun 2010
I wont lie,he producer was mad dope this episode.

Shout out to zuka-chan for bagging the role.
Hope we get the second season soon, considering they had the dream of making an anime themselves.
I'd definitely love to see the trails and tribulations they go through then.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.