Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Apr 2010
Wow that was incredibly bad. Never expected anything from 8bit though so it's fine.
Oct 26, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 2012
JD2411 said:
of course its going to be rushed it's 1 cour ffs, what were you expecting? it's better to try and enjoy it as much as possible instead of pointing out every single flaw

1 cour is not really a bad thing.
Its how ya do it. A good sample is WA2, but yeah it had it way easier.

And theres only one complaint: not enough time to develope the drama, but they squeeze it anyway.

The anime should focus on things instead mixin' everythin' up.
Oct 26, 2014 11:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
sanlei said:
JD2411 said:
of course its going to be rushed it's 1 cour ffs, what were you expecting? it's better to try and enjoy it as much as possible instead of pointing out every single flaw

And theres only one complaint: not enough time to develope the drama, but they squeeze it anyway.

WA2 has Introductionary and Closing Chapters to split it up in-between :s
Oct 26, 2014 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
sanlei said:
JD2411 said:

But Grisaia is about five times as long as WA2. One cour just doesn't work.
Oct 26, 2014 11:10 AM

Dec 2007
Solkiskey said:
Wow that was incredibly bad. Never expected anything from 8bit though so it's fine.

The studio is not to blame, 13 episodes is what they got under their budget, and they did a good job adapting it so far considering it's just 13 episodes.
Solkiskey said:
sanlei said:

But Grisaia is about five times as long as WA2. One cour just doesn't work.

It's not like the VN, but it works... you'll see, many people will love it.
Oct 26, 2014 11:11 AM
Jul 2014
Damn, that moved quickly.

On the whole, I think they did as good a job as they could've done given the fact this is only 1 cour. I assume that they'll be finishing off Michiru's route in the next episode, so I'll be interested to see what anime-only fans make of it, since it doesn't seem many people have it figured out yet (understandably).

Stacked up against the source material, this does indeed fall short. We lost a lot of the Michiru + Nyamel development which makes that scene all the sadder, but, hey, these things are inevitable in an adaptation, I don't see why you're all getting your panties in a twist.

All in all, a solid episode that was handled better than I expected.

Jul 2014
As an anime only watcher I can say that I have quite enjoyed this so far and thought that this was a good episode, especially compared to some of the other drab episodes of other shows that I've had to endure this week.

Good to see some character development for Michiru this episode. I thought the split personality thing was handled quite well; there was a clear and strong contrast between the two personalities, which was good to see.

I'll be interested to see what else they do with Michiru next episode before they probably end up moving to a different route.

Jul 2014
It does make me wonder though how fast the anime industry is going to run out of good source material if they can spunk away all of Kajitsu on 13 episodes (if that really is what they're doing)

I have a feeling they are going to run into serious trouble soon, begging for scraps and remaking remakes.

Jan 2012
HaXXspetten said:

And Grisaia Common Route and Routes? Dont see a difference and i played both ;) Its way easier in WA2 because it sells the "meat" right away, but still no need to squeeze every route in^^

Mar 2014
Tendou-kun said:
A good thing I didn't play the VN because I like this show as it is.

I played the VN and I don't get all the bitching, just take the anime for what it is, and it has been pretty good so far, it's not like they are destroying the story, at least I don't see it that way.
Only thing I want is them to pick a single route and stick with it.
Oct 26, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2012
Paulo27 said:

Thats the thing: They arent doing dis, they adapt every bit. :)

Apr 2010
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
Solkiskey said:

The studio is not to blame, 13 episodes is what they got under their budget, and they did a good job adapting it so far considering it's just 13 episodes.

If they didn't have the budget, they shouldn't have adapted a 50 hours VN KNOWING they would be limited to 13 eps.

Sorry, this is not a good adaptation at all. This is skipping so many things, the scene transitions are awkward as hell, and doing character routes in about 2 episodes is just not going to work. (Plus the animation is really bad)

I consider this adaptation doomed unless it's magically split cour. Even then, this episode has destroyed any good expectations I had for this adaptation.
*hug noises*

May 2013
sanlei said:
HaXXspetten said:

And Grisaia Common Route and Routes? Dont see a difference and i played both ;) Its way easier in WA2 because it sells the "meat" right away, but still no need to squeeze every route in^^
yeah but I mean WA2 is literally split up into two different titles so it has sort of a natural stoppage point so to speak
Oct 26, 2014 11:14 AM

Dec 2007
sanlei said:
Paulo27 said:

Under time constraints and 13 episodes. Well, I enjoy it as it lasts even if it's short (:
Oct 26, 2014 11:15 AM

Dec 2007
Solkiskey said:
DeadIJuicyPriest said:

If they didn't have the budget, they shouldn't have adapted a 50 hours VN KNOWING they would be limited to 13 eps.

Sorry, this is not a good adaptation at all. This is skipping so many things, the scene transitions are awkward as hell, and doing character routes in about 2 episodes is just not going to work. (Plus the animation is really bad)

I consider this adaptation doomed unless it's magically split cour. Even then, this episode has destroyed any good expectations I had for this adaptation.

This is not a good adaptation maybe, but this a good stand alone anime. You're being overly dramatic.

Aug 2010
I was really hoping that they'll focus on one or at most 2 routes and not choose this choice of adapting everything but oh well it had to happen.

Looking at the bright side at least I got to see Michiru kissing Yuuji animated (and really well animated at that :3)

Also got to see some of Michiru's fun scenes. And nxt ep should be really fun to watch :3 Well mainly feelz inducing actually. Not sure how many feelz there will be though since there wasn't enough time to build Michiru's character that much.

First 3 eps got my low expectations quite a bit higher but still it wasn't that high anyway so while I'm sad can't say I didn't see this coming ^^;

Anyway Michiru is <3

Feb 2013
Well, best girl's route was butchered along with my hopes and dreams. It's amazing how this anime feels even more rushed than her 3 chapter long route in the manga. Character development? Nah, who needs it!

Damn, it better at the very least have romance with Yuuji and Michiru in the next episode and then become an omnibus... Anything else will be impossible and/or retarded.

[spoiler]I can't believe they cut out her entire route with their dates... Why did they ruin their kiss scene? They'd better start fucking immediately next episode or all hope is lost. Well, it's already lost, but still.

Oct 26, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2010
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
Solkiskey said:

This is not a good adaptation maybe, but this a good stand alone anime. You're being too dramatic.

I'm sorry I'm hoping for a good adaptation and not shit like this, I suppose!
Oct 26, 2014 11:16 AM

Mar 2014
sanlei said:
Paulo27 said:

Actually, I take that back, I don't mind (I actually prefer it that way) if they tackle a bit of every route and explore all the girls and their backstories and whatnot, I just don't want them to make it seems like he's going out with one girl then another then another and so far I don't think they are doing a bad job.
Oct 26, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2008

Bad? Forgettable? I completely disagree.

After seeing the episode yes I would say that. Almost all the scenes are rushed and slapped together with no real direction or care taken to them. Making it basically as ineffective as it can be.

No ones going to find Grisaia impressive in any form at this rate. The only visual novel adaptions that work well are the ones that take their time (hence why unlimited blade works will be a far farrr better adaption then this).

Aug 2014
technically about Michirus kiss

Dec 2007
Solkiskey said:
DeadIJuicyPriest said:

This is not a good adaptation maybe, but this a good stand alone anime. You're being too dramatic.

I'm sorry I'm hoping for a good adaptation and not shit like this, I suppose!

>Shit
No.

hyperknees91 said:

Bad? Forgettable? I completely disagree.

After seeing the episode yes I would say that. Almost all the scenes are rushed and slapped together with no real direction or care taken to them. Making it basically as ineffective as it can be.

No ones going to find Grisaia impressive in any form at this rate. The only visual novel adaptions that work well are the ones that take their time (hence why unlimited blade works will be a far farrr better adaption then this).

I see the anime only watchers don't nitpick about everything and enjoy it a lot, so again, you speak only for yourself.
Oct 26, 2014 11:23 AM

Jan 2012
HaXXspetten said:
yeah but I mean WA2 is literally split up into two different titles so it has sort of a natural stoppage point so to speak

True, thats what i meant with "way easier" and "selling the meat right away". :)
Theres still plenty of choices to make a cut even if it results in a "play the damn vn for other routes or buy enough blue rays to make a sequel happen" end. I would love teh whole common route and a single route with open option for a sequel with my favorite route: Chiruchiru <3

Edit: its not nitpicking, its a single major complaint with this adaption^^ Im still enjoyin' for teh record and dont really care it its considered whinin'^^
Oct 26, 2014 11:23 AM
Oct 2007
To be fair the only anime only watchers who're sticking around at this rate are the ones who already like what they've seen so far, so you're only going to get positive vibes from the ones left.
Normal well-adjusted human being
Oct 26, 2014 11:25 AM
Aug 2012
@sanlei:
After seeing this TV show and playing VN, I personally wouldn't bother buying BD. I get the full content in VN, so BD's are pointless.
Oct 26, 2014 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
I'm not going to lie, I had some tears in my eyes for the cat :(
Oct 26, 2014 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
I wasn't expecting much after knowing there were only 13 episodes, but those last 4-5 were almost Clannad tier forced drama and felt incredibly rushed. At least they gave you time in the VN to care about the cat (thanks to how cute he was in the Michiru sprites and added screentime).

I suppose they did Michiru's route to get her out of the way since her route has the less impactful/shocking climax and they will do Amane (maybe Yumiko, since they're hinting her to be the main girl) last.

Since there is nothing that can be done at this point, I hope they animate the best part of the routes correctly.
Oct 26, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2007
Komandos said:
@sanlei:
After seeing this TV show and playing VN, I personally wouldn't bother buying BD. I get the full content in VN, so BD's are pointless.

I also rather buy the localized VNs whent they'll be out, dunno about the BD's... they are too expensive for me right now, but maybe one day.
Oct 26, 2014 11:27 AM

Jan 2012
Komandos said:
@sanlei:

This. Im not botherin' either with buyin' them. They missed the train with this "all-in-one" adaption^^
Oct 26, 2014 11:29 AM

Oct 2010
It was an okay episode for me, even though Michiru's route was rushed. At least they adapted the funny scenes from the common route. And Nyaamel's death was so sad. Uu Sunday is killing me today. So I'm guessing all the heroines will be getting 2 episodes each? 8bit should add in additional scenes in the BDs to make each route longer...if they have the budget to. Hopefully they are rushing the routes for a second season adaptation for Meikyuu and Rakuen.

Overall, it was a good ep. Got the points across. Probably should just finish her route after episode 5.
Oct 26, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2007
YoxalLoyal said:
It was an okay episode for me, even though Michiru's route was rushed. At least they adapted the funny scenes from the common route. And Nyaamel's death was so sad. Uu Sunday is killing me today. So I'm guessing all the heroines will be getting 2 episodes each? 8bit should add in additional scenes in the BDs to make each route longer...if they have the budget to. Hopefully they are rushing the routes for a second season adaptation for Meikyuu and Rakuen.

Overall, it was a good ep. Got the points across. Probably should just finish her route after episode 5.

The manga is rushed much more than the anime actually. I see you liked it more, why?
Oct 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Jun 2012
Man it was soo rushed they cut so much context im so sad :(
Oct 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Oct 2013
Lot of people complaining, obviously they weren't going to fit everything in 13 episodes. The game has what, 60+ hours of content? The show will only have less than 6 and a half hours worth? Technically only 10% could be adapted at the same pace, but now we are looking at maybe 20-40% if they rush all the small things like Michiru's vitamin C and the alien moment.

For the limitations they have, I think the show has been pretty good. In fact, I really enjoyed this episode by itself.

In my opinion, episode 4 has been the best so far. All the first 3 episodes have been choppy and rushed, and while episode 4 does move fast it's still emotionally gripping. Yes, content and backstory has been left out but not having it doesn't cripple the show itself much.

Overall, Grisaia hasn't been bad so far. I would rate it a 7/10 probably at this point in time.
Oct 26, 2014 11:32 AM
Jan 2011
I felt something in my eyes...
Oct 26, 2014 11:35 AM
Aug 2012
shawnofthedeadz said:
For the limitations they have, I think the show has been pretty good.

For a stand-alone show - yes, it's very good.

For a VN adaptation - no, it's bad. You get rushed plot, 1/5th of the content, and an all-age version (no H scenes, which were important in Amane's route).
Oct 26, 2014 11:38 AM

Oct 2010
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
YoxalLoyal said:

The manga is rushed much more than the anime actually. I see you liked it more, why?

Can't say that I like the manga more than the anime since the anime hasn't to my favorite routes yet. I'll probably judge between the two by then. Anime is not on my favourites list yet cuz I don't know which one of the five from my current list to remove XD. But yeah, both are very rushed compared to the vn. Also, both are adapted in their own way. Manga was adapted to be a standalone manga without Meikyuu and Rakuen in mind.
On the other hand, the anime is probably adapted with the sequels in mind.
Idk why I added all those in spoilers. Just felt like it. XD
Oct 26, 2014 11:40 AM

Feb 2012
OF COURSE THEY FUCKING DO MICHIRU'S ROUTE FIRST!

The art and pacing wasn't good either. 2/5, stalled, will finish when I've completed the VN, if that happens.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 26, 2014 11:41 AM

Oct 2011
KanameFujiwara said:

was it tears because of the cat death or tears because of the quality of the show
Oct 26, 2014 11:43 AM
Jun 2011
Iasuru said:
KanameFujiwara said:

was it tears because of the cat death or tears because of the quality of the show
my tears is becouse of the cat death
Oct 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Dec 2007
Iasuru said:
KanameFujiwara said:

Enough Emo Michiru fan, we understood you point already, you hate the show, okay.
Oct 26, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
Iasuru said:
KanameFujiwara said:

Quality is good though. No need to hate it for that. I had tears of a bad business decision by adapting everything and neither doing right.^^ (Especially if it concerns teh drama department, cuts in comedy are nothin' to worry about even ifts a shame)

Edit: Im stoppin' with teh whine, see ya next week folks :D
Oct 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
Red_Tuesday said:
It does make me wonder though how fast the anime industry is going to run out of good source material if they can spunk away all of Kajitsu on 13 episodes (if that really is what they're doing)
Dont worry,there are millions of ecchi/harem stuff they can animate anytime they want...
Oct 26, 2014 11:48 AM
Aug 2014
I'm certainly enjoying it thus far, and I've played the Visual Novel (only the first one). We're on to the 4th episode and we've started Michiru's route.

As for this episode, I think it was done pretty well. If I wanted to get the whole I don't know how many hours per route experience I'd just play the blasted visual novel, not watch an anime with an hour or less per route.

It felt straight to the point and I liked the way my emotions varied rather quickly. From the comedy bits, which all hit home, to the mountaintop scene, which still leaves me as confused as it did in the VN, to the cat scene, which was as emotional as the VN for me.
Perhaps more, because I've gotten a pet since the first time I saw that scene, and it really saddens me much more now, to see the cat die.

Anyhow, I can't speak of it as a standalone anime, because I'm already biased, but I can say this fits my definition of an adaptation.
It combines the feelings I had during the visual novel into a much shorter time span. I don't think it's badly animated, but I really wouldn't know. And I think the important bits (+ comedy) are all there. All that dating nonsense isn't exactly called for, because it's especially slow, I don't think it'd fit an anime.
So in general, I like how they're doing this.

Also, remember: "my definition"
Oct 26, 2014 11:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
LonelyWizard said:
Red_Tuesday said:
Dont worry,there are millions of ecchi/harem stuff they can animate anytime they want...
don't underestimate how many light novels there are just waiting for an anime license out there
Oct 26, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
If 8bit is going to do this 2 episodes per route format I have to wonder how they will adapt Sachi, Yumiko, and Makina.

Feb 2013
This is not ogay.

Jan 2014
HaXXspetten said:
LonelyWizard said:
don't underestimate how many light novels there are just waiting for an anime license out there
LN,VN,Manga...Yea thats what im saying......
Oct 26, 2014 11:54 AM

Feb 2014
This was really rushed. I can't even feel anything at sanic speed.
Oct 26, 2014 11:55 AM

Jan 2014
Tesla_Infuse said:
If 8bit is going to do this 2 episodes per route format I have to wonder how they will adapt Sachi, Yumiko, and Makina.
They probably will not do those:
Oct 26, 2014 11:56 AM

Mar 2011
GrimaH said:
Sweanime said:

Is it fast? stuck on work... :(

Well that quote say it all...

Michiru kisses Yuuji. 3 minutes later the cat dies.
The coffin scene will apparently be in the next episode.
They've effectively butchered Mitchie's route and squeezed the mangled remains into 2 episodes.

This. All of this. Having played through each route, they absolutely decimated Michiru's route. I can expect the rest to be equally butchered. Too bad, Grisaia was a fantastic VN :(
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

194 by Onodera_yahiko »»
Aug 10, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

360 by Onodera_yahiko »»
Aug 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

324 by Paintball729 »»
Jul 3, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

266 by HansDevX »»
May 11, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.