Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2013 2:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Going to bring back Orochimaru huh? Now there's a face I haven't seen in awhile, in the anime anyways. And he's....BACK:

http://i.imgur.com/cgi7MW2.png
Ah Tobi and his plans..oh boy that cliffhanger.
Dec 5, 2013 3:47 AM

Jul 2013
"Suigetsu, shut up!"
Orochimaru's back! :O
eh, a cliffhanger.
looking forward to some intense episodes.
Dec 5, 2013 4:30 AM

Jul 2013
"This snake coming out of his gut, it kind of looks like a massive..." - Suigetsu
I could just imagine Sai saying that with a smile on his face.

It was an alright episode, I think I would've been having a heart attack over Orochimaru coming back if I didn't read the manga. Unfortunately the anime is nearing the point where the manga dipped in quality, hopefully it's more of a pleasant experience in the anime (Hell Pierrot made me care about Kabuto, that is something the manga could never have done. If they could accomplish that then me actually feeling sorry for "you know who" wouldn't be that far of a stretch).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2013 4:45 AM

Jul 2007
oh wow, the animation in this episode was just spectacular. That is the first thing i have to comment on. It seems like the studio is going to maintain this type of quality in future episodes which is going to be awesome considering whats coming next.

So yeah, i guess its no surprise, but Orochimaru is BACK!! Our favorite villain returns and for what reason? For something entirely different other then the war. The mystery of what is written in the scroll about the "all knowing ones" finally is revealed. The story just gets alot more mysterious from here on out. It appears team Taka and Orochimaru have completely different objectives then inferring with the war. Where are they heading? What is sasuke going to do once he gets the answers he seeks, who is the all knowing one and when those revelations finally come to the surface, its going to be freaken awesome, i can't wait and i hope the anime maintains this quality.

Shit is bout to get crazy.
ArtimesGamerDec 5, 2013 4:48 AM

Dec 5, 2013 6:21 AM

Nov 2010
Woa! So Orochimaru is really back, kind of dodgy how he was brought back with that unseal
Nice to see him replacing Itachi as a grand Character

The setup seems to be interesting on what's going to happen next with Naruto, Kakashi, Gai and Bee fighting Tobi's force
Dec 5, 2013 8:25 AM

Nov 2010
Bringing Orochimaru back was great. well done.

Now, let's kill him again. xD
Dec 5, 2013 8:44 AM

Jul 2013
Orochimaru's returned.!!
AversaDec 10, 2013 6:06 AM
Dec 5, 2013 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
Oho...Orochimaru is back :D

Can't wait for next episode.
Dec 5, 2013 10:50 AM
May 2013
ooh boy, here begins the battle to unmask Tobi. The next couple of episodes are going to neatly escalate to a wonderful climax. It must be even better for those that haven't read the manga.
Dec 5, 2013 11:20 AM

Jul 2007
hgeronimo said:
Bringing Orochimaru back was great. well done.

Now, let's kill him again. xD

Personally i think people dun't really understand this. The thing is, all of the shinobi on the battlefield were brought back using edo tensei because they were actually dead. Ororchimaru never actually died to begin with. He was just laying dormant you can say inside of anko's seal and a part of kabuto. I think sasuke new this to begin with, that why he said "do not underestimate Orochimaru" even though he was the one to take him down. As he said he was looking on at the battlefield and the war and pretty much everything that was unfolding through kabuto's eye's and he also mentioned, "i didn't know you were the one to revive me" indicating that he some how knew that some one was going to revive eventually, orchestrating this entire thing, knowing full well that at one point kabuto was going to loose the battle at some point.

So that just makes him that much more of an awesome manipulative and genius character. You just can't take that guy down and kishimoto is trying to convey that message very clearly.

SwimmingBird said:
ooh boy, here begins the battle to unmask Tobi. The next couple of episodes are going to neatly escalate to a wonderful climax. It must be even better for those that haven't read the manga.

I honestly think the battle against tobi is gong to be far more improved in the anime then in the manga. Kishimoto really dragged it in the manga, some chapters were full of such minimal material, it can honestly take up 8 min of an anime episode. So that will be something to look forward to, it will probably move at a much more steady pace. Dammit i can't believe i still em calling him that lol. Please two or 3 more episodes then i can call him by his real name.
ArtimesGamerDec 5, 2013 11:24 AM

Dec 5, 2013 11:44 AM

Dec 2011
Everybody is waiting for this, the epic return of Orochimaru!!!

And now, the unmasking battle of Tobi will finally begin. Kinda disappointed that they didn't make Naruto with Kurama's mind speaking, just talking telepathically.

Hopefully, they keep up with the great animation so that the fight will be more epic in the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2013 11:49 AM
Nov 2013
I loved the last 2 episodes of Shippuden and honestly, compared to the "hentai filler battle scene" quality of the last 30 so episodes, this is a vast improvement with quality, plot explanation, character development and good battle sequences! Much better thank you. I'm watching this till the end thank you very much!
Dec 5, 2013 12:01 PM

May 2013
Nice episode, now that Orochimaru's back c:
Dec 5, 2013 1:16 PM

Jan 2009
As a manga reader, I can't wait until Tobi gets unmasked.. it's one of those things I wanted to see animated.

Madara v. The 5 Kage should be wrapping up soon.. I kind of don't like how the anime and manga bounced between the fights like this. A few episodes and you're into Madara v. 5 Kages, then they shifted over to Naruto vs Tobi/Jinchuriki, then they shifted back to Madara v. 5 Kages, then shifted to Itachi/Sasuke v. Kabuto, then back to Madara v. 5 Kages and now Orochimaru comes back and we're back to Naruto v. Tobi.

Would have preferred if Kishimoto stuck to one fight at a time. I know it's a war and that in war (especially in one of this grand scale), things are constantly happening in different locations, but it just gets annoying when you get into a fight and they break away to continue another.
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Dec 5, 2013 1:54 PM
Dec 2012
What the hell was that? The entire episode was nothing but standing around waiting for the villain to powerup and do nothing... lawl...
Dec 5, 2013 2:07 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
Orochimaru is finally back :)
Dec 5, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
Damn Tobi's megazord is going crazy.

We're getting close to his identity being revealed, that's something to look forward to, if there is still someone who doesn't know who the guy is lol.
Dec 5, 2013 2:37 PM

Jan 2013
Well Dam' this is a huge episode. They should have released a 2h long movie called 341-347 xD.
I absolutely loved this episode :).
10/10.

And then there is Orochimaru!.. I think he will be back as main villain if this show continues for another season xD.
Dec 5, 2013 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
great episode!! very informative.
can't wait to see what Sasuke finds out or where they are going.

Dec 5, 2013 6:02 PM

Oct 2013
Nice episode. At last it gets watchable and enjoyable hope they won't start with the fillers again....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dec 5, 2013 11:45 PM

Sep 2013
Lol Suigetsu was hilarious in this episode!!! I was so giddy that orochimaru is back!!! He is awesome!!! And creEpY! ... KAMI THE CLIFFHANGER PIC AT THE END WAS EXTREMELY BADASS!!! I LOVED THIS EPISODE...
Kazi9Dec 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Dec 5, 2013 11:55 PM

Jul 2013
I wonder if Orochimaru and Madara would have the chance to meet each other... imagine two great villains... dayyuuummm!!
Dec 6, 2013 12:08 AM

Sep 2013
I'm sure in either 342 or 343 we finally get to hear tobi say SHIT! I found that hilarios in the manga...
Kazi9Dec 6, 2013 1:25 AM
Dec 6, 2013 6:56 AM

Nov 2013
i knew it , orochimaru - sama was in his way back =D
Finally . . .
Dec 6, 2013 11:00 AM

Jul 2007
Im just going to throw this in hear, but their was actually very subtle hinting as to who the masked man is. When tobi mentioned that "guy doesn't remember people's faces that much" i specifically remember this dialogue in the manga. But this indicates that at some point he knew guy at one point.

The next episode is going throw even more hinting, but its better constructed then the manga imo, the studio is really trying their hardest to mask his identity and not give it a way and if i remember right the manga didn't do that great of a job, if you had any brains what so ever you can figure it out several chapters before the revelation. But their is alot of candidates back then that probably new guy at that point in time, so its really hard to pin down just one character.

Dec 6, 2013 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
Great Episode , Orochimaru is finally back :3
They're coming back to life wee soon <3

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 6, 2013 12:59 PM

Jan 2013
damn. Orochimaru is back....
Let's see if we can figure out who tobi is ;)
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Dec 6, 2013 2:02 PM
Feb 2013
Ok episode,
I was very anticipated for this episode but it didn't really meet expectations.
I thought the Orochimaru 'revival' was pretty weak although it's cool he's back, though I don't hope for too long.

I am not the biggest Tobi fan(I really want to know his reasons and motivation) but the line 'Why should I tell my name to someone who doesn't even remember another mans face' (was probably a bit different)was really awesome, although that reminds me, I miss Kisame a bit :(
I know that once Tobi's identity gets revealed his awesomeness for me will get multiplied by a hundred ;) (well that's what I hope).

I'm looking forward to further episodes still though :D
I do wonder if I should wait up for the release of the last 2(3?) episodes for christmas and watch them after each other because this suspense is killing me.
Dec 6, 2013 8:40 PM

May 2008
Glad he's back, one of my fav characters.
Dec 6, 2013 11:09 PM

Nov 2011
I've been saying this since forever, Orochimaru is Voldemort. He got the snakes thing going around,immortality thing and now he has Cursed Seal as his Horcrux. He can be revived as long as those things are around.

Look like Tobi's mask is going to break soon, about time.

Dec 7, 2013 3:05 AM

Jul 2007
So its definitely confirmed now, that 343 is the revelation of tobi. But just a heads up, do not read the title of 344's episode.

January 9th it appears canon will continue into the new year. I was afraid of fillers, but it doesn't look like thats the case, i think the studio is just really going all out on this one.

Dec 7, 2013 3:18 AM
Feb 2013
@ link9us
Thanks for the heads up, I will certainly not read the title.
I even refrained from watching the preview for next week this time :D

Although the titles are a really big give away at the start of the episode.
I should probably not watch the episode until about 20 seconds after the intro so I won't see major spoilers like this episodes name(Orochimaru's return).

Btw just to be sure, what date(s) is Naruto not airing in the coming weeks/month?
Dec 7, 2013 4:25 AM
Mar 2013
You can never keep a snake down! So now it looks like 2 of the 3 sannin are still alive.

It seems like they filled up the episode with pointless dialogue (Suigetsu stupid ranting and Kyubey's story about the two brothers) in order to leave it at a cliff hanger.

Either way I hope the next episode picks up the pace.
Dec 7, 2013 1:51 PM

Jul 2007
Rufeegee said:
@ link9us
Thanks for the heads up, I will certainly not read the title.
I even refrained from watching the preview for next week this time :D

Although the titles are a really big give away at the start of the episode.
I should probably not watch the episode until about 20 seconds after the intro so I won't see major spoilers like this episodes name(Orochimaru's return).

Btw just to be sure, what date(s) is Naruto not airing in the coming weeks/month?

Well i am kind of worried a bit bout that. I am wondering if they are going to do the same thing with tobi's identity, cause that is where one of the chapters ended his mask falls away and thats the end, thats also where the game ended, but if they did that and the next episode was the revelation followed by the title, that would be a terrible move on the studio's part. But i believe the revelation is going to be the cliff hanger on episode 343, most likely because the next chapter after that is the title of the next episode, that way 344's title won't be a spoiler when you get their, let alone the preview.

Just as long as you don't look ahead your fine.

Naruto will return on January 9th after a break. The filler arc is supposed to be airing soon, like in early January some time. But it looks like they are going to reveal tobi's revelation before that.
ArtimesGamerDec 7, 2013 3:54 PM

Dec 8, 2013 1:52 AM

Jul 2013
link9us said:

Naruto will return on January 9th after a break. The filler arc is supposed to be airing soon, like in early January some time. But it looks like they are going to reveal tobi's revelation before that.
But... I don't want more fillers =(

Honestly they need to make more side story arcs that go into depth with other characters. Imagine an Orochimaru Gaiden, Asuma Gaiden, Shisui Gaiden, hell any character you can think of. I'd rather them than the crap they put us through.
Dec 8, 2013 4:20 AM

Feb 2012
I never really liked Sasuke. Still I can't stop loving him when he shows a face full of pain.
Or is it just me seeing things?

http://nd06.jxs.cz/026/555/3b10c67fdf_96195703_v1.jpg?1386504888
Dec 8, 2013 12:32 PM

Jul 2007
Minagatachi said:
link9us said:

But... I don't want more fillers =(

Honestly they need to make more side story arcs that go into depth with other characters. Imagine an Orochimaru Gaiden, Asuma Gaiden, Shisui Gaiden, hell any character you can think of. I'd rather them than the crap they put us through.

What i am referring to is the Kakashi filler especially, so its not really a huge filler arc and its also overseen by kishimoto so it will be pretty cool back story and most likely 4-5 maybe 6 episodes of a filler arc. Not to bad of a deal. Sorry if my information was a bit misleading. It is going to be something similar to like the Chikara arc.

Dec 9, 2013 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
Mightily curious who the hell is this all knowing person Sasuke kept talking about, he can't be Orochimaru? >_< Not being a manga reader, I guess I'll leave it to the future episodes to find out.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 13, 2013 1:16 AM
Dec 2011
he is back he is back ... orochimaru ... he seem bit concern for kabuto i thought that was a great and sasuke wanting to find out itachis drive to protect the village was awesome too.. and then naruto jumping to kick that masked guy was so awesome.. naruto is going to stop the ten tails before it come back? i just wish for his safety thats all...
Dec 13, 2013 1:20 AM
Dec 2011
and forgot to mention I LOVE SUIGETSU ...HE IS GREAT AND FUNNY and he has a point :3 but no one listens :3
Dec 13, 2013 1:24 AM

Jul 2008
Oh great, snake boy is back....was that a different voice actor? It didn't seem like the original voice.
Dec 13, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. Well done
Dec 13, 2013 11:17 PM

Oct 2009
Orochimaru yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Not enough Tobi speeches :<!
Dec 14, 2013 10:31 AM

Mar 2010
Kinda awesome, Oro coming back alive was kinda cool for some reason.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 4, 2014 6:05 PM

Dec 2012
I really like Sasuke right now. His meeting with Itachi wasn't for naught.
Jan 12, 2014 4:37 AM

Jun 2011
"Pieces of my consciousness", Lord Voldemort anyone?

The last frame was gorgeous, I hope they keep up with the animation quality.
Apr 13, 2014 6:15 AM

Jun 2011
lakshika said:
and forgot to mention I LOVE SUIGETSU ...HE IS GREAT AND FUNNY and he has a point :3 but no one listens :3

+1 Suigetsu!!! Lmao @ him hiding behind Kabuto. Didn't really like the second half. Can't wait for team Taka and Orochimaru to do go "there" and do "that".

Minagatachi said:
Unfortunately the anime is nearing the point where the manga dipped in quality, hopefully it's more of a pleasant experience in the anime.

Pretty much ^. Hopefully they will speed things up for the later stuff.
ToG25thBaamApr 13, 2014 6:18 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 11, 2014 3:52 AM

Sep 2013
May 25, 2014 5:33 PM

Nov 2012
YESSS, orochimaru is BACK!!

he's such a great villain, i hated how easily he died in the first place..
May 25, 2014 5:44 PM

Mar 2014
Ahhhhh there's so much stuff going on - i can't handle the tension!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xLtay - Aug 28, 2008

52 by natsuyah »»
Jun 3, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 14 Discussion

izikiel - May 17, 2007

31 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 1, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Knave - Jun 24, 2010

216 by KoniginElle »»
May 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 213 Discussion ( 1 2 )

711 - May 26, 2011

85 by Fludddd »»
May 25, 7:53 PM

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
May 22, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.