Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2008 9:10 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The anime original ending. I'm not sure Amnisia of Doujyou was really necessary, but the rest of the episode was well done. It's a cool scene where Kasahara hurled at the TV camera. I have so many complaints about this series, but I have to understand the difficulty of squeezing the long story into 12 episodes.

If you are not satisfied with the incomplete end of the anime, somehow try to read the novel. It wraped up everything beautifully.

dtshykJun 26, 2008 9:13 AM
Jun 26, 2008 10:52 AM

Jun 2008
What a great ending, to a great series....

I don't think there will be a Season 2. An OVA would be nice though...

But one thing is for sure: I'm going to miss it!
Jun 27, 2008 9:38 AM

Nov 2007
Nice ending! Though I kinda expected that it would turn out all nice like that and all that... hmm

The kamile scene was awesome for an ending...
and yeah as well as the TV interview(?)... Kasahara sure looked real cool :P

Kinda sad that it's only 1-cour, could have been a little longer.
Really enjoyed this series... loved the unique art style (especially the strokes), loved both the OP and the ED songs
and of course Inoue Marina's AWESOME VA. XDD

I gave it a 9/10. just cause. :P

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Jul 5, 2008 4:12 AM

Aug 2007
Gief more plix xD

Good ending for the series... Looking forward for OVA's / Season 2

In the TV interview i was almost sure Kasahara would punch the camera xD or the interviewer.
Jul 5, 2008 5:46 AM

Mar 2008
I apologize first that I did not comment earlier on this anime but please understand we are all busy in life. I have witnessed beautiful theories of how things would be if they would be like that throught this story of this anime. Most of the people I liked during this anime of course Asako was cute and the best. Genda was a damn good commander especially in this episode (32 gunshot wounds for a art piece O_o!?). Finally Kasahara Iku and Doujou Atsushi and their feelings (this almost looked like the case in Lamune in terms of their love blossoming). Too bad about Inamine resigning but it would be nice to have a second season with Asako as the leader. Maybe there might a second season of 12 episodes again and I know they can do it cause there is a lot of potential for the end. Anyways the end itself is left sort of open so maybe there might something. Remember one thing guys: in Slayers I thought of the same thing for fourth season but look at now after so many years it still came and I am damn happy. See ya!
Jul 5, 2008 8:10 AM

Jan 2008
Toshokan Sensou, u made me feel something that i just cant express with any word...

i need 2 second season or smth like,cause i fell in love with the series, there hasnt been much series that amazed me to this degree, i dont know why, but when the 12th ep. ended, i felt some kind of emptiness, it was as though one of my close friends or relatives left me, wtf, im losing my mind...whats happening to me?!? please spare me T_T

I neeeeeeed more of Toshokan Sensou, pleaseeeeeeeee TT__TT
Jul 5, 2008 8:18 AM
Nov 2007
I feel sad as this anime have move too fast, and ended too fast. Should be longer and this should get either an OVA or better, a second season.

Something the scripts might be chessy, but I enjoying it to the max.
Jul 5, 2008 10:24 AM
Apr 2008
Ending is quite well done Its worth it to watch this series
very enjoyable
(score undecided)
I don think theres a need for an OVA or season 2
Jul 5, 2008 1:22 PM

Mar 2008
That was a superb ending. I would have of course enjoyed a longer series 24 or 26 episodes. It was too short but I thought it was well done. Really well done. I liked the art - clean and concise style. I doubt there will be a 2nd series, maybe an OVA. I definitely thought that the last episode would be nice but not that mushy & lovey dovey. Anyway, it was still a very good episode.
Jul 5, 2008 1:28 PM
Dec 2007
Great series, but a bit too short obviously. This last episode seemed a bit cliché (Doujou's amnesia, Genda's "resurrection"...) but very well done overall.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 5, 2008 2:47 PM

Jan 2008
dtshyk said:
If you are not satisfied with the incomplete end of the anime, somehow try to read the novel. It wraped up everything beautifully.

I think perhaps that was the point - not to eliminate potencial readers, but to turn on people to the novel.

I enjoyed the series. I understand that the original work covers the socio-political aspects of freedom of speech more deeply. But they gave us an enjoyable taste.
Jul 5, 2008 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
I loved how this episode wrapped up things, I was afraid that they'd do a rushed job but it's turned out nicely. Skipping from the part where Dojou is trapped to the hospital scene was a good touch, we lose some action (which was kind of useless in an anime like this) and go straight to the conclusion.
I wish I could read the novel since I can't get enough of these characters~ I loved it when Tezuka offered to help and Shibasaki dragged him away! Poor boy is a bit tactless.
Also yay at Genda's resurrection, it was mushy but made me happy.
Jul 5, 2008 4:03 PM

Nov 2007
good ending for a good anime. 9/10 and one of the best spring 08 shows.

When Kasahara got those letters, I found my self getting a bit touched as well :)

Jul 5, 2008 7:02 PM

Jul 2008
I enjoyed this show immensely. From start to finish I just couldn't get enough of this show. The only problem I have was how unfortunately short it was. Could have definitely watched another 12-14 episodes and not become tired of it. The voice acting was great, the characters were great, the art was enjoyable. What can I say, I just loved it all around. Perfect 10 from me.
Jul 5, 2008 9:39 PM

Jul 2007
Even though at first the whole Librarians-with-guns thing seemed a bit weird; it actually turned out to be a very enjoyable series, it gets a 8/10 from me.
Jul 5, 2008 9:58 PM

May 2008
Pretty lame last episode, I thought it was cliche and cheesy.

Overall, good art and animation, muddled and cramped plot, good voice acting. I didn't really end up caring about the characters too much at the end. 6/10
Jul 5, 2008 11:23 PM

Jun 2007
Beautiful episode, so touching. I really enjoyed this series and made want to protect something with all my strenght just like them n_n
9/10 for me. OVA or second season would be good.
Jul 6, 2008 8:31 AM

Mar 2008
Good ending to the series. an OVA would be nice though.
Jul 6, 2008 11:47 AM
Dec 2007
It was a nice ending episode ^^ Overall, a nice series ~

Nevertheless, I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see more TezukaxShibasaki XDDD The scene where she dragged him away was funny (Oh my, Tezuka, you are such a dense boy XD)
Jul 7, 2008 8:20 PM

Jan 2008
Well, I cried during Kasahara's speech, and I cried when the ending theme played and stuff was still going on. I need more of this. u_u
Jul 8, 2008 10:11 PM

Feb 2008
This episode probably could have been shortened a little. There was some repetition with scenes of Dojo in the hospital and her reading, but her speech was great, especially about questioning the status quo. It was actually something I would imagine someone saying, not the usual theatric speech. A little cheesiness sprinkled with the flashbacks between Kasahara and Dojo (and also Kasara flying into his arms, although that was funny too), but the ending was satisfying. Overall, 8/10, enjoyable relationship series with a fascinating premise, some good messages squeezed in there too. It would be fun to see a spinoff with Shibasaki and Tezuka or somethin. ^^
Jul 10, 2008 3:14 PM

Apr 2008
OMG she said anime. This anime is actually about fansubbing. Yes I know, I am a genius.

Well, it seems a lot of people thought this anime was too short, but the problem is that it had too many things going on for a simple anime. We didn't need Tezuka and Shibasaki stuff, Tezuka and his brother, that reporter that nobody will remember and Genda , Shibasaki and that guy with the business cards. Only some of that was needed for Kashara and Doujo development. At least Komaki was left untouched. Although, as someone previously said, the anime could just be about grabbing more readers, which it has certainly succeded in in my case.

I'll give it a 7/10 as it was more than just simple entertainment to me but didn't have anything particularily well done. I would have given it an 8 had the action scenes been on par with how episode 11 was made.
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Jul 16, 2008 7:34 AM

Sep 2007
This is definitely one of the better shows I have watched this summer. 8/10
Jul 17, 2008 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
LoveWifeLunch said:
Well, it seems a lot of people thought this anime was too short, but the problem is that it had too many things going on for a simple anime. We didn't need Tezuka and Shibasaki stuff, Tezuka and his brother, that reporter that nobody will remember and Genda , Shibasaki and that guy with the business cards. Only some of that was needed for Kashara and Doujo development. At least Komaki was left untouched.
That added more depth to the series. It would have been somewhat flat if it was just another case of a girl falling in love with her superior. That the producers took the time to develop the supporting cast rather than make them cardboard personalities as is the case with many series, where the "best friend" is simply there to nod her head or say "You're crazy Kasahara!" is very much a recommendation, not a drawback. It made the show more interesting in more ways to more people, as well.
Jul 19, 2008 9:59 PM

Jan 2008
i got dissapointed actually, it was awkward. i didn't felt that much for the commander when he resigned.. maybe because i didn't read the novel..
there are some good points though like kasahara's speech. However the ending scene where kasahara jump into doujo was lame :(

good start, the character development was good but sometimes too much.. ending wasn't really good which is really bad cause that's the last impression it gives but anyway.. i enjoyed the show so 8/10

無法でたくさんだ!

Jul 21, 2008 8:33 PM

Mar 2008
This was one of my favorite shows this summer. I really enjoyed it. I cared for the characters, it had good animation, an interesting story, and great opening and ending songs. I wish they could have continued the actual story of the novel since I'll probably never get to read it but the ending was still nice. I thought there was more potential there for a bit of a deeper story because of the concept and would have liked to see more of it. I'll give it an 8/10. I hope they make an OVA but that doesn't seem likely.
quicksilver111Jul 21, 2008 8:37 PM
Jul 26, 2008 7:13 PM
Oct 2007
This was really great!

I loved the concept and everything.

Brilliant final episode

Somehow I'm only feeling 9, rather then 10.

Mainly because it was very jumbled, more things needed to be explained, 24 episodes would've been much better.

9/10
Aug 10, 2008 8:32 AM
Aug 2008
LoveWifeLunch said:
OMG she said anime. This anime is actually about fansubbing. Yes I know, I am a genius.

Well, it seems a lot of people thought this anime was too short, but the problem is that it had too many things going on for a simple anime.

I think the story is about a lot of ways in which expression should be free. Maybe fansubbing was in the minds of the authors, maybe not, I don't know.

Personally, I'm glad it was short because I fell in love with it and marathoned it and if it had been too long I would be late for work in the morning.
Aug 10, 2008 8:43 PM

Jul 2008
I was very pleasantly surprised by this series. Even though it started out seeming a bit ridiculous, I was pulled in by the characters and the last story arc. I especially liked how they portrayed the library corps at the end, in that even though they saved the day and all, they were generally hated by media and public. It gave the series a touch of reality that I thought it was lacking in other parts.

As for Doujou's amnesia, I must admit, I am a bit of a sucker for that sort of drama.

9/10
Sep 2, 2008 11:18 AM
May 2008
I'm normally just a lurker, and even though I intend to write something I always get discouraged and/or convinced otherwise by other posters.
I liked, I loved, this episode, and I am very much fond of the series as a whole - I think the artwork is beautiful to mention one thing.
I expected things to turn out fine between Kasahara and Doujou. I expected it from the very first episode. And I'm glad it did.
Though I must say that I half expected Doujou to just get injured badly, recover quickly, everybody's happy, the whole she-bang. And it sort of was what happened. But it took me totally by surprise that instead of being beaten to a bloody pulp - Doujou sits in a wheelchair, turned towards the television, but seeing nothing of what was going on on the screen. Heartwrenching. So much worse.

But I think that I would have preffered to see Doujou's conscioussness (memories? awareness of his surroundings?) return gradually.

Still, I loved this series. I've done what I came for.
Sep 24, 2008 2:24 PM

Jan 2008
Wow...
As stated by Sanshaino above me ^-^, I really liked, no, LOVED it too.
This was just one outstanding show.
Action combined with humor and a teenie tiny bit of romance.
Perfect.
~de Arimasu
Feb 2, 2009 2:07 PM

Jun 2008
i thought this anime was awesome, i just love watching happy endings.
Aug 14, 2009 4:44 PM

Jan 2008
What a surprise this anime was! I expected some heavy action oriented story but it turned to comedy/drama with some aspect of action. Like that I L O V E D it!

Great mixture of fun and drama, superior characters, nice ending, catching ED.
Pls Kami-sama gimme more of such series.
Dec 6, 2009 8:02 PM

Jun 2009
Good ending for a very nice anime.

At first i thought it would be just about war, guns and books but the characters were very charismatic and the comedy and the little romance made this show very enjoyable.
Dec 29, 2009 9:42 AM

Jul 2009
Oh i almost cry there..great ending for great series
8/10
Sep 16, 2010 2:26 AM

Jun 2010
it's to bad that it was a bit short. It should have been 26 episodes.

Nov 2, 2010 11:43 AM
Jun 2010
That cutest ending ever ! @ u @
the show was really good , I enjoyed it :D
8/10 , Doujou that chibi ;P
Jul 7, 2011 2:29 AM

Apr 2011
@-kappa: Took the words right out of my mouth.
Just the right mix of everything I like all poured into one, surprisingly satisfying anime series.
I admit, I wished it had been longer... with 24 episodes this, without a doubt, would have a much larger fanbase and would be more of a instant classic, instead of gradually becoming one.
I'm so hyped for the movie though. YAY!
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Feb 2, 2013 4:58 AM

Jun 2011
Damn it, why tease me with that "almost kiss" scene at the end *rage*

It's the end of a good anime, I'll miss you, while hoping for a second season, I wouldn't actually count on it, but I want more DoujouxKasahara!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 17, 2013 10:29 AM
Aug 2011
I tried but I actually didn't like this show.
I couldn't bring myself to care for Kasahara at all.
Jul 12, 2013 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, I feel sorry for Dojo at the beginning there ;.;

Those damn reporters pisses me off though. Nice to see Dojo returns though :3. Somewhat anticlimactic episode but sweet ending. I haven't read the novel yet but I heard this was an anime original ending.

Final score for the show: 6/10
Jul 29, 2013 9:50 PM

Jun 2012
Dat ending, dat almost kiss, my dick.

I wish the romance was fleshed out more. Still though very solid. The gun fights were interesting enough, and the last few episodes were superb.

8/10
Feb 11, 2014 4:35 AM

Aug 2013
Good show :) Likable characters and the comedy was good too. There were some parts that got confusing due to poor exposition and cut content so I guess I'll just go hunt for the LN.
Now on to the movie~!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 24, 2014 8:26 AM

Nov 2009
Hrmmmm . . . Well I enjoyed the comedy between Dojo and Kasahara, when it comes to romance Kasahara's archetype is probably my favorite "common" archetype. And it really lends itself well to romantic comedies with a male MC like Dojo . . . However this was not a romantic comedy. And because of that what I enjoyed about this anime was somewhat lesser, I did enjoy the brief moments of romantic comedy but the majority of it about the plot I could have done without. It was a very ridiculous plot, yet trying to be serious instead of a parody plot, so it just had too many holes in it.

I somehow feel that this series had the making to be a memorable series for me . . . If they just removed the plot (Which is probably one of the weirder experiences I have had in anime since usually I will hate the entirety of a series if the plot is weak) . . . Anyways I would give this series a 6/10.
Feb 26, 2014 10:12 PM

May 2008
Only Genda could take 32 bullets, stand up long enough to make a smart quip, and survive in the end. Such badassery.

Other than him surviving and Kasahara's speech, I felt the whole Dojo's shock was unneeded. (He doesn't have amnesia, people, it was shock. He wasn't forgetful, but unresponsive. Even the doctor said so.) Seems just there to create a sad atmosphere and breed romance which was also unnecessary. They never mentioned what happened to the crazy lady and the consequences her burning the books had. That would of been better than Dojo's shock, in my opinion.

Otherwise, the anime had good bones, but the plot and the world wasn't built up enough to really make it stand out and deliver it's intended message. The action scenes weren't so bad and for 12 episodes, the characters were done pretty well. The comedy was also good and really, overall, no episode felt like a chore to watch. I enjoyed it.

8/10.
Jul 23, 2014 1:47 AM

Apr 2014
What a dumb endng to what was otherwise a great and impossible-to-stop-watching show.

I think the only redeemable thing was the subplot of Kasahara's calm and well-reasoned defense against the Media Cleansing. Which was, you know, fantastic, unlike the rest of the weird medical melodrama-but-not it pulled out of left field.

But A+ Base ball Bear. You made ending less farcial with your happy J-Rock ways. Heart. ♥
Sep 3, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2013
Really liked the ending, and wow that guy could take 32 bullets? Terminator watch you're back! It was nice to see her finally telling him she loves him and has always loved her 'prince'. From the almost kiss and the photos at the end (holding hands) we can see that they became a couple which is awesome! Off to watch the sequel and read the LN/Manga!
BokutoPrecinctSep 3, 2014 4:26 PM

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Sep 11, 2014 8:11 AM

Jul 2014
I don't really buy Dojo's agnosia....(not amnesia, people. he just shocked badly, but about what?)
still, Dojo x Kasahara my OTP XD

Also

Final verdict, 7.5/10. Refreshing and enjoyable to watch, even though too many plot holes, sometimes just let it go to enjoy at it fullest
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Dec 9, 2014 8:48 PM

Jul 2014
Despite the cliches (though I really like his character, it would have been a bigger impact if Genda actually died. I mean, he did sustain 32 gunshot wounds! Also, I think Doujou's trauma-induced amnesia was a little over the top. It barely lasted a couple of minutes in the episode before he recovered!), I still liked the final episode. It wrapped things up quite nicely and I'm quite satisfied.

One of the biggest problems I have with this anime (since the beginning) still hasn't been answered though... I really don't get why they have a scheduled time for these inspections/confrontations between the Library Corps and Media Enhancement people. They're so hostile to the point of shooting each other after all but once time's up, they get all walk by each other as if they hadn't just tried to kill each other. I get that its by the order of the government but no one's that saintlike... if you see people trying to kill you, feelings of wanting to retaliate won't just disappear just because it's past the time. @_@

Other than that, I loved this anime! About to go watch the special episode and the movie~ xD
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 29, 2015 3:32 AM

May 2011
A happily sappy end; all's well that ends well. I'd place expectations on the movie for greater development and fleshing out of the characters - overall, Toshokan is a 'safe' anime which doesn't try to go wild and experiment its limits, which in turn is also its negative trait - unassuming. Its background in fact serves as a great pool of potential, only for it to stick to the safe route by not expanding its morality and boundaries behind the question of censorship and the political scene behind all these. Well, it is a 30% romcom after all, and given its limited screentime, I.G had no choice but to stick to the safe route instead of crashing everything towards the end.

Definitely an anime everyone will like, but definitely not one to remembered deeply over time. Commendable OST with excellent graphics and animation (given it is I.G after all, especially the striking resemblance with Higashi no Eden); neat and tidy arrangement in plot scenarios without a speck of mess and untidiness. Toshokan Sensou indeed is a great high-budget anime, which is only hindered in potential by its 12-episode dilemma.

9/10
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 5 Discussion

dtshyk - May 8, 2008

29 by Floral_soap »»
Jun 2, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Apr 10, 2008

60 by TenM »»
Sep 17, 2022 3:51 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 3 Discussion

dtshyk - Apr 24, 2008

38 by caneton_pas_fini »»
Sep 2, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 11 Discussion

dtshyk - Jun 19, 2008

41 by AntiMoba »»
Apr 24, 2021 10:00 PM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 10 Discussion

dtshyk - Jun 12, 2008

31 by AntiMoba »»
Apr 22, 2021 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.