Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 26, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Momoji's personality is way tougher than she looks.

It looks like Rimuru puts another move into his plans. There's also more world building and lore being explored. If anything though, Rimuru really understands the roles of characters he comes in contact with. While there's still a lot of chatter, this goes to show even more of Rimuru's leadership skills.
Jul 26, 7:29 AM

May 2020
Glorified meetings which are a formal audience seems to be the new go-to thing in this series, but you know, I’m glad we didn’t have a roundtable conversation with a bunch of colourful faces trying to talk as business as they could, this time around, I mean they are dull. So yeah they tried this episode, and also, plus 2 points for the appearance of that Tengu elder xD

Shocking twist about Hakurou aside, that was the most random reunion between a father and a daughter lol. Though yeah, being Benimaru is difficult in more ways than one I guess, or more like most of the male characters around Rimuru when you gotta deal with females fawning over you left right and centre.
Jul 26, 7:29 AM

Dec 2021
Benimaru ended up marrying a loli tengu girl huh lol.

It is the final day of the audience. Rimuru faces Momiji, the representative of the Tengu tribe, who is his main concern. Rimuru sent Benimaru as his envoy to the Kusha Mountains, home of the Tengu, where Tempest plans to excavate and build a tunnel for their highway. Benimaru, accompanied by Albis, explains that they do not intend to take away the Tengu's territory. However, Momiji, upon learning about the tunnel plan, cannot accept digging through the mountain and rejects it. As the discussion heats up, Momiji's mother, the tribe chief Kaede, appears.

Hopefully, that milf isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Find it funny seeing Benimaru reflect on how ridiculous it is to name so many people. Meanwhile we got Rimuru being a bit jealous at the fact that Benimaru now has TWO wives. Aside from that, I would hope that Rimuru would consider naming and saving Kaede, but it seems more likely she’s simply reaching the end of her natural lifespan rather than being sick. Maybe after her death she’ll just revert to being an angel and reincarnate into another body. Though ofc, the main concern would be and is Momiji's future. Speaking of Momiji, was surprised to see that Momiji is Hakurou's daughter.

Poor Rimuru in the end lol.

Jul 26, 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
Love and chaos is in the air in this edition of Slime. More polygamy and harem content in isekai once again here but this time, surrounding Benimaru potentially instead of the MC for once as the main focus for the episode (although he is wrapped up in a different problem surrounding Shuna and Shion despite being very dense about it). Benimaru's quite the unintentional wooer of women with the different people interested in him as well as Albis and Momiji being the key women in question deciding to fight for his heart and position of being his wife here. Even interesting to learn that Momiji was also Hakuro's kid too with them having their own random reunion after so long despite either not knowing each other beforehand. In terms of world building progress, only a little bit happened with the Tengu forming the alliance with Rimuru but there was plenty of showcase with Momiji's mother's past, Momiji's meeting with Benimaru and Albis and the love conversations happening in the latter half of the episode. Even Souei himself has got some charm too and attention of other women too with the lady knight as well as Souka.

This episode had some stuff happen but it was a fairly meh and slow episode as a whole with some light comedy present given the romance situations and questions taking place. Kaede was nice though here in the early parts of the episode.
Jul 26, 8:33 AM

Nov 2021
Love the episode even though it was full of clinginess.
Too bad they skipped the moment when Benimaru first told Hakuro about his daughter Momiji and two of them got into a heated argument.

Also Smash Momiji and her mother.
-AcheronJul 26, 8:37 AM

Jul 26, 8:49 AM

Mar 2011
Really fun episode, loved it as always.
Jul 26, 9:01 AM

May 2020
another really fun and wholesome episode
turns out hakuro has a child

Jul 26, 9:49 AM
Oct 2021
That was a fun episode… most fun I’ve had all season
Jul 26, 10:00 AM

Apr 2016
Finally a good episode!
Jul 26, 10:08 AM

May 2019
I was not expecting for both Hakuro to have had a daughter he didn't know about and that Benimaru would be set up with said daughter. It was funny how Benimaru said he had to think about it and Hakuro took immediate offense to that lol.

Meanwhile Rimuru has Shion and Shuna to deal with and too bad Milim wasn't around as I'd like to see who she likes (I'm guessing Rimuru as her 'bestie').
Jul 26, 10:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that we got to see how Benimaru's diplomatic misison to the tengu's went. The transition from the mist into the village was pretty slick. Momiji sure was pretty hot headed. The deal sure had quite the strings attached though. In the present though kudos to her for restraining herself beacause she won't survive a fight with any of Rimuru's elites. Her mother though really has a talent for embarassing her daughter at the worst times. Benimaru though sure ended up in quite the predictament. Rimuru though has bigger problems caught between the war between Shuna and Shion for his affections lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 10:48 AM
Feb 2022
This anime is a great choice for those who like fantasy, comedy and something relaxed... the true meaning of "20 minutes that feel like 5"
Jul 26, 10:52 AM
Sep 2015
It's neither true love nor political marriage, it's the feeling of wanting to own things, just like in auction where you give more and more until you acquire the item that you want. Sadly Rimuru, even the assist from voice of the world, is not the expert in love so he can't give any advice. Though I'm quite surprised that he's still claim himself as pacifist considering how many people he killed. But it actually makes sense since most IRL dictators also don't see themselves as dictators.
Jul 26, 11:03 AM

Feb 2011
what does this anime/author want this to be?

a new harem? a fighting anime? an army anime? ecchi? im completely lost now.

1/5 for me. horrible episode.

Jul 26, 11:09 AM

Aug 2014
Scootboi said:

Where do you see ecchi in this anime?
Jul 26, 11:21 AM
Aug 2022
I already loved Momiji's design but I love her personality and the way she fights. Its very unique and the only other anime I can think off that a character uses fans to fight is demon slayers Douma. The fact Albis nearly got split in half is absolutely wild.

I love that Hakuro immediately took up the father position that's a W father. I really hope Momiji makes benimaru fall for him. I love that when they where talking about Rimuru being popular with the girls it went over to a shot of Diablo LMAO
Jul 26, 11:29 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to Hearthos
This anime is a great choice for those who like fantasy, comedy and something relaxed... the true meaning of "20 minutes that feel like 5"
@Hearthos Depends on the ep tbh. Some episodes can feel like this that flow by quickly, some episodes like the meetings from earlier in the season dont feel like it at all. Thats more 20 mins that feel like 2 hours.
Jul 26, 11:33 AM
May 2021
Reply to Scootboi

@Scootboi ppl like u watch anime with ur eyes closed.
Jul 26, 11:40 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to MangagnaM
@Hearthos Depends on the ep tbh. Some episodes can feel like this that flow by quickly, some episodes like the meetings from earlier in the season dont feel like it at all. Thats more 20 mins that feel like 2 hours.
@MangagnaM well, it's your opinion so I can't say if it's right or wrong, but I like the meetings EPs, everything is well explained so I feel like I'm at that table and participating... But I understand Action lovers, after all a good Fight gives u adrenaline and that's addictive...
Jul 26, 11:44 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to Scootboi

@Scootboi I don't know if you're baiting me but... Why does the anime specifically need to be "fighting", "harem" or just something to be good? In fact, for me, the difference between this anime is precisely the fact that it is a broad world with different genres but still with a fantasy feel...
Jul 26, 12:24 PM

Feb 2019
Such a good wholesome and fun episode this was! Almost felt like the Slime Nikki spinoff from a few years ago with how chill it was. Benimaru got himself a proper harem now, Hakuro meets his long lost daughter and poor Gabiru can’t get a woman to look his way 😂

Actually quite funny that Momiji and Albis got off to such a bad start during the Tengu envoy meeting and then they’d go on to become rivals in love, it was written in the stars. Momiji is really adorable and Benimaru’s lucky to have her as a fiance! Not like he had any choice because Hakuro and Kaede would kill em if he refused lmao

Good thing the whole big misunderstanding between the tengu had about tempest wanting to mess up the sacred mountain and take their land got cleared up quickly.

Rimuru getting jealous over Benimaru harem and here come Diablo talking about some “I only have eyes for Rimuru” 😂 “who asked you” . Gabiru on the other hand can only get a harem of dudes, poor fella keep working hard I believe in you lol.

Really fun episode and even without the action it went by in a blink
Marinate1016Jul 26, 12:59 PM
Jul 26, 12:27 PM
Nov 2018
GTRaijin said:
Scootboi said:

Where do you see ecchi in this anime?

Probably Shion outfit. How it's not button uphalf way.
Jul 26, 12:40 PM

Feb 2014
Now I understand as to why this episode is called "Benimaru's Ordeal". The poor guy seems to be more popular with the ladies than he would like to be! XD

Momiji is a proper cutie, but I wasn't expecting Hakuro of all people to be her father. Still, I'm glad that the two of them had a happy reunion. Thanks to all of this, along with Gabiru's own romantic issues, the all out love and battle is certainly going to make things more hectic than ever. While the battle between Shuna and Shion for Rimuru's affections sounds fun, I do want to see Momiji and Albis battle it out to see who'll win in their battle for Benimaru's love.

This was a fun episode and I expect the next few episodes to have that same feeling as we get closer towards the festival itself.
Jul 26, 1:04 PM

Apr 2017
Admittedly I wasn't expecting Touhou references.
Jul 26, 1:12 PM

Sep 2014
Genuinely good episode. The harem talk was both unexpected and funny

Also rare Rimuru L, he is actually jealous of Benimarus harem lmao
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 26, 1:26 PM

Dec 2015
Her name is Momiji and she is a white wolf Tengu? You gotta be kidding me.
Jul 26, 1:31 PM
Sep 2021
10/10 y god, muy gracioso
Jul 26, 2:34 PM
May 2017
10/10 Harem discussion episode 😆
Jul 26, 2:59 PM

Apr 2023
Probably the best episode this season lol
Jul 26, 3:09 PM
Sep 2020
This episode was just as funny to watch as it was when I first read it. All the love talk and whatnot was really funny and wholesome. Love that Hakuro got to meet Momiji
Jul 26, 3:20 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This whole episode ended up being about the Tengu Clan and Momiji, I found it quite enjoyable mainly because of the Hakuro backstory, as well as Benimaru’s harem discussion, that man has some very beautiful babes after him, now with Momiji vying for him as well, and this was followed up by the others being sad they don’t have a harem of babes, although Souei has it figured out with the lady knight from earlier this season lol.

And I liked Momiji herself, she seems like she’ll be a fun addition, I’m hoping we get a follow-up on the challenge Albis issued her because I really want to see that lol. Although I do feel bad for Momiji, because with the reveal that Hakuro is her father, this means she has to suffer his training lol, she’ll become a badass in no time tho.
Jul 26, 3:25 PM

Jun 2023
Satisfied with Diablo’s one-liner.
Jul 26, 4:12 PM
Jan 2024
This is random, but with all the talk of love and whatnot, I really hope Souei & Souka end up together.
Jul 26, 4:28 PM

Feb 2019
I have been following this show since it first aired in 2018. I loved the premise and the general vibe of that first season. It became a bit much in season two when the story felt very stretched thin and over the top. Especially with conversations going nowhere and ridiculous plot points that had little to no bearing on the story - or just that they were poorly written.

Still I overlooked all of that because it was entertaining. I got through all of season two and enjoyed myself. Which is the most important thing.

Now onto season three, sixteen episodes in, I can honestly say I am done with the show. The meetings, conversations, and constant exposition that is happening right now could have been cut in half and you would not have lost the essence of whatever is supposed to be going on. This is just the show runners trying to fill up the episode runtime with vacuous nonsense. Frustratingly. they have great story material right in front of them that they could be taking advantage of but are not. Even if the people who have read ahead were to tell me it was all going somewhere and the show was about to drastically pick up I am not sure I would continue on.

Another glaring issue is the whole series now has an identity crisis and cannot figure out what genre it is in - because of that its writing really suffers. Speaking of writing. In a show as dialogue heavy as this you really have to know how to write dialogue that keeps people engaged. This is not happening. Some of the most ridiculous comments defending this writing that I have seen from people are those who say "wait until it has all aired and then binge watch it". Why would you binge watch a season, twenty four episodes long, to ignore half of it. That is not the definition of a binge worthy show.

Agree or not, I am glad there are people who are enjoying the show but this clearly is not for me anymore.
Jul 26, 4:38 PM

Dec 2013
Momiji is super cute, I can't decide who is better for Benimaru, I feel pretty bad for the three beast, they were supposed to be rather strong but have been nothing but jobbers, the perfect example of "the boss when you fight him vs the boss when he joins your party".

Why is everyone so damn good looking and hot in this show! so many handsome guys and so many sexy girls!!!
Jul 26, 5:12 PM
Oct 2016
Benimaru had a growing harem! Many ladies are vying for his hand in marriage. We got an interesting meeting between the Tengu clan and Benimaru up in their dimension shifting village. Getting introduced to Momiji who's the head of the clan daughter. Her tension with Albis was funny, they both obviously love Benimaru and want to be his wife. I liked that point going through the whole episode. Learning that Momiji is in fact Hakurou daughter, very crazy reveal that Hakurou had a daughter out there this whole time. She's still young so quite emotional with her fighting. The offer her mother gives Benimaru of marriage to Momiji so the mountain tunnel could be built sounds like a solid offer to me but Benimaru wants to make up his own mind. Rimuru talk with Momiji was very funny. Her embarrassment a the two letters her mother sent. Hakurou immediately becoming the classic doting father to Momiji was very cute. Questioning why Benimaru would be opposed to marrying her made me laugh. Benimaru seems to have attracted a few ladies to himself, with both Momiji and Albis wanting to be his wife. Everyone talking about their woes in the realm of women was really funny too. Rimuru totally oblivious to Shion and Shuna vying for him. Creating this whole new romance tradition in the city as the diplomatic negotiations conclude.
Jul 26, 5:12 PM
Oct 2016
Reply to TheCommoner
I have been following this show since it first aired in 2018. I loved the premise and the general vibe of that first season. It became a bit much in season two when the story felt very stretched thin and over the top. Especially with conversations going nowhere and ridiculous plot points that had little to no bearing on the story - or just that they were poorly written.

Still I overlooked all of that because it was entertaining. I got through all of season two and enjoyed myself. Which is the most important thing.

Now onto season three, sixteen episodes in, I can honestly say I am done with the show. The meetings, conversations, and constant exposition that is happening right now could have been cut in half and you would not have lost the essence of whatever is supposed to be going on. This is just the show runners trying to fill up the episode runtime with vacuous nonsense. Frustratingly. they have great story material right in front of them that they could be taking advantage of but are not. Even if the people who have read ahead were to tell me it was all going somewhere and the show was about to drastically pick up I am not sure I would continue on.

Another glaring issue is the whole series now has an identity crisis and cannot figure out what genre it is in - because of that its writing really suffers. Speaking of writing. In a show as dialogue heavy as this you really have to know how to write dialogue that keeps people engaged. This is not happening. Some of the most ridiculous comments defending this writing that I have seen from people are those who say "wait until it has all aired and then binge watch it". Why would you binge watch a season, twenty four episodes long, to ignore half of it. That is not the definition of a binge worthy show.

Agree or not, I am glad there are people who are enjoying the show but this clearly is not for me anymore.
@TheCommoner Good. Gtfo and stfu then lmfao
Jul 26, 5:39 PM

Mar 2020
Another amazing episode. Benimaru-kun is a man among men. And popular with the ladies.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 26, 5:54 PM

Aug 2019
Good episode as usual.
They combined a few different scenes together to speed things up.
Kaede was pregnant for 300 years. That's a LOT of missed child support Hakurou has to pay lol.

This episode again reminded us how dangerous naming a monster really is. They could literally die just by attempting it. Hakurou didn't get a name for centuries, and Kaede was incapable of performing her duties after naming Momiji.
This makes Clayman constantly giving out names by mistake even funnier!! He had a seizure after naming Anty, and was out cold for two days in Ramiri's labyrinth after naming Viol. XD
Jul 26, 6:34 PM

Feb 2019
i feel bad for benimaru, but i think he actually likes albis more than momiji. it may be because she's a helluvalot younger than him, but i think albis and him went through quite an ordeal together and was able to get to know each other a bit better. momiji's practically just foisted on to him on a whim by her mother and now hakuro is trying to sway him to marry his daughter he just recently met lol
Jul 26, 8:32 PM
Feb 2022
Great episode, especially watching them boys discussing harem topic while Benimaru is suffering.

Lol Shuna and Shion gonna have a new love rival in future.
Jul 26, 9:23 PM
May 2024
when the fuck will something happen that's worth watching. it's been almost a fucking month of time waiting on releases just for fucking nothing. wowza. 3 weeks of talk about a arena, and now some shitty little bastard winged child has a entire fucking episode dedicated to it, and it's side plot of bullshit.
Jul 26, 9:32 PM

Jun 2008
I find it funny how it turned into guys romance gossip and problems in the middle of a official meeting with the envoys... LMAO neither the time or place xDDDDD
Jul 26, 9:54 PM

Aug 2019
so benimaru has a bigger harem than the mc rimuru himself :D?

momiji is very cute :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 10:15 PM

Mar 2024
This was an unexpectingly sweet episode. The meetings we held in this episode were more heartwarming than the usual city development meetings. In the middle of giving Benimaru some new struggles, Hakugo gets a lore drop? It was a really nice surprise. With such a large and ever expanding cast of characters, it must be tough to get everyone in the spotlight. The less popular possee sure hits a little close to home though.
Jul 26, 10:33 PM

Dec 2018
This was good, ganbatte benjimaru!!!! I hope she wins his heart but man that is a lot all at once. I think the reunion of father and daughter could have been handled better, but I was glad to see it.
Jul 26, 10:58 PM
Jun 2020
pedophilia wooooooo
Jul 26, 11:11 PM

May 2014
Reply to Scootboi

@Scootboi god forbid an isekai anime can't expand on it's harem/romance elements. also ecchi? this bozo is watching the anime while his eyes are closed lmao
Jul 27, 1:12 AM
Apr 2023
Who could've thought Hakuro had a cute daughter.
Makes me think about Kaede: she is currently at the end of her lifespan because she named Momiji - naming requires a lot of magic power especially since tengus are not the run of the mill monster like goblins, so essentially when she named Momiji, she is giving Momiji all that she is and thus she is now she is slowly dying. If Rimuru re-named her, would there be a chance she can be given an extension in her life? (Hakuro seems to be living longer now because he was named by Rimuru)
Jul 27, 2:42 AM

Aug 2013
Time to destroy that holy mountain then.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Yesterday

69 by StallionXD »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2

118 by Ranxomare »»
Today, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23

97 by Octokaizer »»
Today, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16

64 by KingBaller06 »»
Today, 12:34 AM

» May contain spoilers watch at your risk....

Elbezo - Aug 27

5 by Elbezo »»
Aug 29, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.