Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 7:25 AM

Jul 2020
So Kazuma is instantly revived, and already asking Darkness about bathing - smh.

Darkness wanted to talk serious, but of course Kazuma always screws up every conversation.

Two hundred million reward!!

Aqua is really too addicted to her new "dragon" egg. Such beautiful singing....

Megumin and Darkness together were hilarious.

So Darkness wants to go back, hmmm.

Megumin and Aqua were literally dragging Darkness back by the leg, only for Kazuma to come in with the entire army of friends.

Darkness's face whilst running was perfect.

The animation during the battle was on point; there was so much motion in the attacks.

Darkness was definitely a little too ready to die together, and a little too excited about the situation.

EXPLOSION!!!! What a way to defeat the hydra-dragon.

NOOO please Darkness don't be gone!!! Her letter was so heartfelt that it really feels like the end, but knowing Kazuma he will (hopefully) have her back in no time.
May 29, 7:27 AM

Dec 2021
Darkness is really hell bent on defeating this hydra huh.

Kazuma and his companions embarked on a mission to vanquish the formidable bounty, the Kowloon Hydra, lurking in a lake near Axel. However, their endeavor ended in failure. The guild had relied on knights from the royal capital to handle the task, understanding that low-level adventurers stood little chance. Unfortunately, they were informed of a delay due to the Silver-Haired thief incident in the capital. Learning of a bounty on the thief and a circulated wanted poster, Kazuma, aware of the thief's identity, chose to seclude himself in his mansion. Despite this, Darkness remained resolute in her determination to confront the Hydra, for reasons unknown.

As Darkness walks towards the lake for another attempt at challenging the Kowloon Hydra, she is surprised to see Kazuma leading a group of adventurers from Axel. Initially angry at him for making everyone call her by her real name, she soon feels grateful, and the battle begins. When the battle reaches its climax, Kazuma climbs atop the Hydra and uses a full-power Drain Touch to weaken its magical strength. Despite his efforts having an effect, the Hydra throws him off and attempts to crush him by rolling its body over. Darkness quickly rushes to his side and positions herself over Kazuma, shielding him from the Hydra's crushing weight just in time.

Darkness has really left the party... what to do?

May 29, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Kazuma's goofball adventure continues. But hey, he provided a lot of popcorn entertainment thanks to his "fails"

I like Darkness' determination this episode even if she did make herself look like a fool at times. Seriously though, it was her time to shnie. Good for her. The VA who played her Darkness bought her personality out really well imo.
May 29, 7:47 AM

Apr 2010
Darkness leaving was foreshadowed the entire episode, the question is why did she leave this time.
They managed to beat the Hydra with a lot of trouble and the help of everyone else it was some nice cooperation.
And Eris appeared ones again, she has to much free time.
May 29, 8:31 AM
Dec 2023
The lyrics of Aqua's song lol... Eris is going to be mad if she hears it.
Darkness was the ultimate masochist in this episode.
I thought the fight against the Kowloon Hydra would not be animated given the start of the episode, but boy was I wrong. We got an epic battle against it by Kazuma's team and different types of adventurers.
Darkness has a wedding to go to? She left the party after all the memories... Kazuma is definitely going to get Darkness back!
May 29, 8:32 AM
Jun 2023
You know?, sometimes our goddess of luck Eris is really being annoying 🗿
May 29, 8:32 AM

Mar 2024
People were worried this season that Darkness from the first seasons was gone, lost her edge, but ladies and gentlemen... Darkness never left. Except for when she did.
May 29, 8:44 AM

Mar 2021
Aqua's Little lullaby to her egg was so adorable. Really loved seeing everyone come together to help Darkness take down the Hydra.
May 29, 8:52 AM

Jul 2011
This episode made me feel pumped. The whole adveturers coming together for a MH type of thing was cool. Everyone had their moment to shine.
And we had Yunyun, that makes this a great episode.
May 29, 8:56 AM
Apr 2020
No way Darkness left the party right? She's surely coming back right? I get that something was happening with her family and that they were losing money/her father wasn't in good health as shown in earlier episodes but that ending was a bit sudden. Looking forward to what actually happens in the next episode.
May 29, 9:04 AM
Apr 2024
Another great episode of the best isekai of the season, now let's see how the group will react to Lalatina's departure and how they go after her to question her why, Kazuma continues to be the best in the plot, Lalaltina steals the show in this one episode, Aqua and Megumin were not fundamental at that moment, but the group as a whole is impossible not to love them
May 29, 9:04 AM

Nov 2017
It’s the best EXPLOSION all seasons!
May 29, 9:14 AM

Feb 2019
This season has been so good for darkness development! Exactly what she needed. Her being a comic relief masochist gimmick character was cool and all, but she’s actually a genuinely awesome character with some real motivations and this episode showed how complex of a character she can be.

Really could feel how bad Darkness wanted this to work, but you also had a sense of dread because of how much she mentioned loving the people of the town and how nostalgic she was to some of their old quests.

Seeing everyone work together to defeat the hydra was really satisfying. Even the other people in town chipping in to help! Probably one of the coolest fight scenes in all of konosuba. Megumin’s explosion is up there as well as one of the best.

With how desperate she was to defeat the hydra, darkness leaving the party doesn’t really surprise me. Probably going back home now and ofc the gang won’t let their frontline knight go that easily. She might be an idiot, but she’s our idiot.

Can’t wait for next ep
Marinate1016May 29, 9:49 AM
May 29, 9:23 AM

Nov 2023
Megumin showing off her powers.

The rest is also having putting a great show.
May 29, 9:36 AM
Jul 2023
Another day, another awkward death.

Top 10 anime intro of all time.
May 29, 9:37 AM

Sep 2015
I'm just getting even more bored with each episode this season, this whole Hydra thing was stretched and we've seen EXPLOSIONNNN way too many times already.
I hope to see some quality drama at least, with Darkness leaving and all.

May 29, 9:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice job in bringing Darknesses morale back up though. Anyone would be bothered by the daily explosion assaults i think. Darkness sure can be reckless at times though. But that served to make Kazuma's rallying of his fellows that much more powerful. Against a beast like the hydra teamwork between adventurers is a must. In the end im glad that they were able to take down the hydra. Curious to see what's gonna happen to darkness though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 10:02 AM

Feb 2020
Goshujinsama 😳😳😳
May 29, 10:22 AM
Feb 2020
This was such a good episode!
May 29, 10:23 AM

Jan 2018
I've lost count of how many times Kazuma died. At this point, I don't think I'll bother recounting them.

The other adventurers of Axel sometimes hate Kazuma's party and other times they "love" them. Which one is it? Tho I do like that they're not completely one-note all the time... I also liked how everyone came together at the end to defeat the hydra. Tho it seemed like it was impossible at the beginning.

Man, Darkness underneath the hydra was something else. I'm not into S&M but that is kinda hot ngl.

There's no way Darkness just left them like that. I think the remaining episodes are going to be about Kazuma and the others bringing Darkness back. Which reminds me of the unfortunate fact that this show is ending soon... Sad.
May 29, 10:30 AM
Aug 2020
The first half is boring but the next half is pretty good and there is no stake in Kazuma dying because Aqua can resurrect her, but for some reason, Darkness is getting excited about not letting him be killed.
May 29, 10:31 AM
Apr 2018
Some western fans might be confused by this scene. It's an East Asian folklore that if a black cat meow, the rain will come.

May 29, 10:34 AM

Aug 2019
Darkness was drooling like crazy lol
May 29, 10:41 AM

Dec 2022
Woah, we're back to form now!

One thing I always admired about my boy Kazuma is the way he can strategize and make plans for fights. The way he rallied the whole guild and gave everyone roles in taking down the hydra was extremely impressive. Lots of other good stuff here too, like daily Explosions, some very nice Darkness moments, the return of Yunyun and the Dust party, ...
Really a solid episode all around.

Like hell Lalatina's leaving the party! Go get her, Kazuma!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
May 29, 11:06 AM

May 2020
Only Darkness could take abuse and get pumped up too at the same time, all while fighting for her and someone else's life lol. Though as we moved forward in this episode, the more it became obvious, with what was about to happen. 

I know this is only for a short term, but Darkness leaving isn't going to be a great feeling.
May 29, 11:26 AM
May 2021
Damn.

This episode went classic anime mode.

Had those feel good highs and then thud, it dropped low.

Best of the season here.
May 29, 11:27 AM
Jun 2020
Rin finally had some lines, and Dust, some screentime. His enchanted sword also has the same design as in Dust's spin-off novel... now I want Dust's spin-off anime.
May 29, 11:30 AM

Sep 2014
I had to make sure I did not accidentally skip an episode with an opening like that!

Good episode, I always like seeing the background adventurers from Axel.

Lalatina seems to be in real trouble though..

Weird thought but Aqua caring for that egg made me think she would probably make for a good mom. Sure she would be clumsy as hell but still.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 29, 11:31 AM

Mar 2023
Peak is back, this was much better than the previous episode. Eris intro, Aqua gags with blessing and prenatal bonding, Megumin's quirks & best explosion this season, Darkness' overwhelming horniness, Kazuma-desu.
I've said before, but every episode where they had to battle something works so well, because they are constructed like one big lovable joke.
May 29, 11:44 AM

Mar 2010
Darkness awakening to sadism is pretty funny lol.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

May 29, 11:50 AM
Aug 2015
Reply to Munazyan_
You know?, sometimes our goddess of luck Eris is really being annoying 🗿
@Munazyan_ But you know, I've always wanted to hear that Dragon Warrior quote in Konosuba.
May 29, 12:21 PM
Jun 2012
With one of the best battles so far.

And some fair bit of backfire on the gang.

This was a solid overall episode.
May 29, 12:30 PM
Oct 2019
What a cute episode <3 I love all the laughs and friendship moments LOL! also:

KONOSUBA INVITE TO SMASH??
May 29, 12:37 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice! Everyone gathered their forces together to beat the hydra with Kazuma and Darkness getting crushed by the hydra but Darkness' sadomasochistic side carried, which is unexpected but not surprising coming from her ahaha. She's leaving though?! But she has to come back soon hopefully eh
May 29, 12:49 PM

May 2021
such a fun but also sad ep... and the animation looked even better. the hydra fight scene with all of them working together was so cool but hope the gang "saves" darkness.

May 29, 1:32 PM

Nov 2016
Damn Darkness, turn the tap off. This episode was solid Konosuba fun, but here wo go again. The trope where one group member tries to leave for good...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 29, 1:43 PM

Aug 2021
i'v been very impressed with drive's handling of this season and no much more so than in this episode
May 29, 1:52 PM
Mar 2015
With the hydra destroyed Darkness walks away from the group
May 29, 1:58 PM

Feb 2014
I had a blast watching this episode. It had plenty of hilarious moments from everyone, but seeing Darkness going full on masochistic when she was holding back the Hydra while Kazuma shouted at her was excellent. XD

Even though he did get off to a bad start by dying yet again, Kazuma did bounce back and by getting every adventurer from Axel to help defeat the Hydra and the teamwork was spot on. The best attack was saved for last as Megumin's "vengeance for Kazuma" explosion was a sight to behold.

Sadly, Darkness did take the decision to leave the party shortly after that fight, which did end the episode on a sadder note. Knowing this series, I'm sure Kazuma, Aqua and Megumin will do what they can to drag Darkness back into the group by any means necessary, here's hoping they succeed at that as soon as possible. =)
May 29, 2:20 PM
Jan 2024
good chapter and farewell to Darkness
May 29, 2:46 PM
Jul 2022
This was probably the funniest and most action-packed episode so far.
May 29, 2:58 PM

Aug 2014
Lalatina don't break my heart! I hope this is just a plot device.. her leaving would be downfall for the anime ;/
Hope we get to know why she wanted to beat that hydra. The fight was very nice mixed with again funny jokes.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 29, 4:03 PM

Jan 2024
Brilliant team effort to take down that Hydra, best battle of the series so far
Also don't go lalatina without our hentai-cruseder it won't be same.
May 29, 4:19 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
So they finally defeat the Hydra with the help of the other guild members and they all share the reward amongst themselves, but Darkness leaving the group? It has been foreshadowed for a couple episodes now, but after defeating the hydra she actually left. If you paid attention in the past episode or two they gave a hint to where she was going and what this was all about, but I’m sure in the next episode or two it’ll all be revealed 😛
May 29, 5:34 PM

Apr 2019
Another great episode of the dumb group of Kazuma, Are you a pervert? YES WE ARE, perfect timing for the OP's first word lol. Aqua's lullaby was quite nice, Eris pads her chest because she's a loser lol. I love how everyone worked together to get rid of Hydra in the end, we still don't know what Darkness' problem is has become rather complex, things might've gotten out of hand.
May 29, 5:35 PM
Mar 2019
Aqua only cares about the Egg, maybe alcohol too.
May 29, 5:36 PM
Dec 2021
The part where Darkness leaves the party was not expected at all!! Hope Kazuma gets her back into the party 🥲
May 29, 5:40 PM
Apr 2022
She'll probably be engaged to that Chubby Blonde guy
May 29, 5:55 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Darkness REALLY looked like Saber when she was about to use Decoy. Her almost reaching climax because of the "Dom-Sub" contradiction was freaking hilarious xD
Also Yunyun's attack looked sick asf. Despite having just a few lines this episode, I'm glad she had her own little moment to shine.

5/5 episode. Combat against the Hydra was simply amazing. Loved how everyone came together to help Darkness.
May 29, 6:09 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It was a bit odd we didn’t get to see how they saved Aqua from the hydra but Kazuma being dead tells me enough lol. And most of the episode ended up being Darkness and Megumin going back to whittle down the hydra and coming back covered in slime each time, and for unknown reasons Darkness even tried to go on her own once, well the gang wasn’t letting that happen so Kazuma went and dragged the whole town out to fight lol, it was pretty heartwarming.

And the final battle against the hydra was very awesome, I loved the teamwork from the villagers plus the efforts of Kazuma’s party, Aqua was pretty much just shouting blessing a bunch but I’m sure that did something lol. And there was also that moment Darkness and Kazuma had under the hydra, that one moment makes up for the slight lack of masochistic Darkness in this season if you ask me, and afterward they were finally able to take it down with a super powered explosion, it looked quite epic. But they can’t let it end happily, because Darkness took off after all that went down, but just like how Kazuma was kidnapped before, I doubt they’re letting her leave that easily, I look forward to the last three episodes to see what comes of this as well as what goofiness is had along the way.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 19

166 by Satoshi17 »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 5

188 by amf85 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24

137 by DoisacChopper »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 15

192 by Code0018 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8

170 by Code0018 »»
8 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.