Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Man, seeing Luminous really is something. Welcome Hinata as well. That's a familiar face from the previous seasons.

Luminous' personality feels like a balance between serious and also casual with the way she presents herself, especially to Hinata. Rimuru's aura of confidence is still with him this season. This is more of a buildup episode but had pretty interesting.
Apr 12, 7:29 AM

Dec 2021
I used to like Yuuki and support him... what a scumbag.

Yuuki and the clandestine Harlequin Alliance mourned the demise of their ally, Demon Lord Clayman, their schemes disrupted. Adapting swiftly, Yuuki resolved to enact vengeance upon Rimuru. Meanwhile, within the Holy Empire of Lubelius, Emperor Louis engaged in a somber dialogue with Crusader Captain Hinata, grappling with the loss of his twin, Roy, at the hands of Laplace.

As Demon Lord Luminous returned from the Walpurgis Council, they convened to strategize the containment of Rimuru, whose growing influence posed an ongoing challenge. With both sides losing cherished allies, they navigate their sorrow and contemplate their next steps against Rimuru, now ascended as a True Demon Lord, wielding formidable power.

A typical setup episode for slime... kind of boring, but seeing a LOT of Hinata made up for it.

Apr 12, 7:29 AM

May 2020
The wannabe smart people gang finally made their appearance, and they sound anything other than.. smart as ever. The goon who was Clayman is out of the picture, we know, but then there are people like them, he has left behind, or more like he got the short end of the stick and died. Good they’re making the schemes, but barely anything works against the invincible-sama, which is Rimuru, so.. feel free to continue your games lol.

Characters in this series sure have a strong faith for someone, be it blind, like the people of tempest have for Rimuru or out of respect, like Hinata has for Luminous. Good bit of her backstory with the brothers and Luminous, but man I find it very hilarious, how three people combined couldn't give a proper reaction to the news of Roy’s death lol. Be it that way, this is building up for another clash between Rimuru and Hinata’s people.

Very smooth of king there to hand the kingdom to his younger brother the moment he heard about the new demon lord Rimuru and Clayman dying lol.
Apr 12, 7:30 AM

Feb 2018
Yuki, who mourns the death of Clayman, and Luminous, who grieves over the death of Roy. Yuki seeks revenge. Both factions have lost their comrades and, while immersed in sorrow, they contemplate their next move against Rimuru, who has become the true Demon Lord and gained greater power.

I really like Hinata's dialogue. What is justice? Is it to defeat the law? If so, is it wrong to ridicule it? There is no justice that can satisfy everyone's desire for freedom. The happier humans are, the more satisfying their blood tastes. However, absorbing too much justice has been explicitly prohibited by Lord Luminous.

Roy has joined Walpurgis as a Demon Lord. The infiltrator seems to have killed Walpurgis and escaped. Roy is not a weak person and not just a fake title. He possesses the abilities deserving of being called a Demon Lord.

Although Veldora the Storm Dragon has been revived, the Great Jura Forest remains stable. There is no doubt that the forces of the Kingdom of Barrelus have been destroyed. The goals of Lord Luminous and the goals of the slime are conflicting.

In this episode, the focus is solely on Lord Luminous, and no battles take place. It can be quite boring as this episode consists mainly of royal meetings. It appears that the forces of the Kingdom of Barrelus have been annihilated, and they were formidable opponents.

An agreement has been reached regarding a peace treaty between the Jura Tempest Federation. As a result, the Kingdom of Farmus is officially recognized as a part of Tempest.
Apr 12, 8:29 AM
Sep 2015
Other characters are just thinking too much.
Apr 12, 8:30 AM

Nov 2021
That felt way too short. We didn't
Get to see rimuru for even once frfr
No one even gives a fuck about Clayman lol.
-AcheronApr 12, 8:42 AM

Apr 12, 8:36 AM

Feb 2021
This Bandai Namco intro is still associated with Blue Lock in my head lol

Not sure is this applies to all of them, but apparently this one and at least some of the previous OPs' visuals were all made by one person each. Amazing.

Is this the first time we hear about angels? Interesting. There are so damn many races in Tensura.
Oh godddd what the younger brother is planning
Good episode. The next episode's title makes me think it'll be more about what's going on in Tempest.
Apr 12, 8:45 AM
Jul 2023
Ah, some of Hinata and Holy Kingdom backstories.

Another episode establishing that Rimuru power now can resonates through his name and title alone, a satifying power fantasy development indeed.
Apr 12, 8:46 AM

Jul 2017
A slow, exposition-heavy episode but not too bad with the buildup, especially because it focused on different characters for the most part and not Rimuru's direct allies for a change of pace, and it was nice learning more about Hinata as well who was the character I was most intrigued about with this season. Demon Lord Luminous wasn't too bad either as they tried to figure out their next steps considering Rimuru's dramatic rise into power and with the resources that he has currently, including a revived Veldora as a direct ally. It did drag at times but wouldn't say this was a bad watch. Preferred this even to the previous week's episode.
Apr 12, 8:58 AM
Oct 2023
Maybe it's a bit one-sided but I, as someone who doesn't read the manga or novel, really liked this episode.
Apr 12, 9:02 AM
Mar 2024
I really enjoy finally to see LN 7 as an Anime adaption. Can't wait for the next 22 Episodes
Apr 12, 9:06 AM
Dec 2022
Very good, although very slow but good👍
Apr 12, 9:13 AM
May 2021
Ppl r complaining the ep being boring/slow lmaoo, ppls attention span r so shit. Its literally building up!
Apr 12, 9:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Clayman's defeat sure was quite unfortunate for Yuuki and his plans. Guess no matter which world you're in the church is always doing something shady. Even with her skill being able to best a demon lord would be beyond Hinata. Rimuru's stance sure is causing plenty of trouble it seems. Comical that even after losing their army that the nobles of Famouth still can't see how badly the odds are arrayed against them. Their reactions to Rimuru's ascension was just priceless. Overall an interesting ep that while doing well in inserting Hinata and Lady Valentine back into the narrative also set up a lot of plots for the next episodes. Pretty catchy ending theme.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 9:16 AM

May 2020
Don't really remember this arc. I know i read it a while ago, but i think this season has a lot of politics and maybe a tournament.
Man Luminous Valentine is still my favorite horny demon lord.
Apr 12, 9:44 AM

Aug 2019
rimuru guessed in an earlier season that the chairman(?) was the one who leaked the info that he was at the city so falmuth would attack so i wonder if rimuru will do anything about that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 10:24 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I heard there would be lots of talking to start out this season, and it looks like that was correct as we got another episode of just that lol. It was interesting tho, we got to see Hinata’s POV and how she got to where she’s at with the holy knights, I’m ngl I wouldn’t like being ruled by vampires but I guess if the city is happy then I guess it’s not that big of an issue, also the vampire in question is Luminous Valentine so it ain’t so bad lol. She said something about angels too, so I guess they’ll be villains at some point this season, I’m excited to see what they’re about but knowing this show they won’t be a problem despite how much they’re talked up, you never know tho, I could be pleasantly surprised.

We also saw the aftermath of what went down last episode with Falmuth, and they were not happy with the options as expected and even planned to resist but they quickly realized that wasn’t happening with the announcement that Rimuru defeated Clayman and is also a demon lord lol. And lastly we got a bit on the clowns finally after Clayman’s death, which also allowed us to see that hot elf babe and Yuuki again, it is a bit of a shame Yuuki is a villain but I still kinda like him, I’m looking forward to seeing what they do now that Clayman is gone. Also I’ll say that plan of world domination is kinda lame but perhaps there’s more to it we don’t know.
TheColonel76Apr 12, 10:30 AM
Apr 12, 10:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Another lots of talk here:

Well already forget that Roy died by Laplace and can't be revive again since he's so out of place from Luminous that still attending Walpurgis. A lot of talks regarding the previous cour matters, but interesting to know Hinata's flashback adventuring alone, became the holy knight and then she met Luminous and served her. I like how Hinata pretty much eager to do a rematch with our gracious lord of slime, Rimuru, even after Luminous a few times giving a warn. Really looking forward to see that...

Meanwhile, Yuuki grieving the death of Clayman, his mere pawn, and try to do some nasty scheme again toward Rimuru. Perhaps his plan referring to the academy kids in the op visiting Jura tempest? After watching Coleus Ova, its a shame to know what a dirty snake dude became xd.

As for the last, Falmuth king finally declare their option to abdicate his throne and pay the reparation fees. But, is that enough to brings a peace?

Next episode gonna be a chillin day at tempest looks like. Must be nice to see Millim summer break outfit and yada yada....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 12, 10:33 AM

Nov 2016
Episodes focussing on politics, worldbuilding and build up are actually essential for longer running fantasy series. The good ones, that is.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 10:39 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to MikeScader1567
I really enjoy finally to see LN 7 as an Anime adaption. Can't wait for the next 22 Episodes
@MikeScader1567 do you think we got to see the colosium this season?
Apr 12, 10:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Boring episode, just politics!
kekeke
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was heavy on the exposition, but it was needed and I did enjoy it as a whole.

It's always interesting to see how other factions plan their next move after a serious event takes place. Yuuki's group are mourning the loss of the foolish Clayman. While he's prepared to play the patient game, he still wants to get back at Rimuru for being the one to kill off Clayman.

As for Hinata, it was nice to see more about her backstory of what made her become a holy knight in the first place, but also revealing that her only ever defeat was against Luminous Valentine herself, hence why she works under her now. Their talk about how they'll make their next move was intriguing, as Valentine wants to play the patient game, but Hinata is rather itching to fight Veldora or have a rematch against Rimuru. She'd do well to keep herself calm and composed right now.

The King of Falmuth did have a tough time trying to convince his close aides about his reasoning to abdicate the throne, where the usual panic settled in with their reasons for refusing, but the news of Rimuru being the demon lord and having Veldora revived and being an ally was finally enough for Falmuth to agree to the terms that Diablos wanted from them.

The next episode feels like the calm before the storm, but I do like the more relaxing episodes of this series, so I'll be gladly looking forward to it. Also, I do see Milim's new outfit in the ED sequence and it looks excellent on her! ^_^
Apr 12, 10:57 AM

May 2022
Lizsaki said:

Since it's two cours, it will cover till Vol 8 and The Labyrinth makes it's debut in Vol 9 so no, we are not getting it this season.
𝒟𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
Apr 12, 11:08 AM

Feb 2019
Love seeing the political ramifications of Rimuru becoming demon lord and defeating Falmouth. It’s quite literally changed the entire world and everyone’s got to decide how they’ll handle it, which is funny because if they just left he and tempest alone they’d be fine 😂

Yuuki plotting revenge on Rimuru for the loss of clayman, but idk how he thinks that’ll work given the differences in strength lol.. good luck.

Finally got to see a little of Hinata backstory animated and how she came to serve Luminous. It’s cool to see some of the other demon lords have nice relationships with those who serve them. Luminous, Hinata and Louis are pretty tight and understandably upset about the loss of Roy. Hinata better take Luminous advice and not get too aggressive with Rimuru and Veldora though because she doesn’t want those problems.

Back in Falmouth, the king making the wise decision to abdicate and pay reparations, but couldn’t help but laugh at his younger brother who clearly wants the throne acting surprised when he abdicated to him. Basically told him if you want to be king so bad, here, take this shit lmao. After seeing what Diablo and Rimuru can do I’d dip as well.

Even tho we didn’t see Rimuru or any of the tempest people, still a very good worldbuilding episode that sets the stage for what’s to come.
Marinate1016Apr 12, 11:55 AM
Apr 12, 11:12 AM
Jun 2020
Hinata's thought process in the episode reminds me of a certain idiotic paladin from Overlord:
Apr 12, 11:33 AM
Oct 2021
as someone who's caught up with the Manga too, I really dislike hinata's character
Apr 12, 11:36 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to 69S7B4A5A
Lizsaki said:

Since it's two cours, it will cover till Vol 8 and The Labyrinth makes it's debut in Vol 9 so no, we are not getting it this season.
@69S7B4A5A fffffffduuuuuuuuux.... Well... I've been hearing some nice thing about colosium but I guess we need to wait.
Apr 12, 11:40 AM

Apr 2022
Crazy how quickly these episodes go by when they're all dialogue. Good writing does wonders!
Apr 12, 11:45 AM
Apr 2016
Only the last part was relevant. The rest seems bleak and pointless.
Apr 12, 12:06 PM
Oct 2021
While I do enjoy the lore and world-building, I do understand the criticism of "there's too much exposition", especially since the first two episodes of the season are basically scenes of "people in a room talking". That's not to say that it has to be all action all the time, but I feel like there was a better way to approach this, either spreading it out in between some other scenes or add some more interesting visuals so that it's not just watching people in a board meeting.
Apr 12, 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
Looks like a set-up for the bigger picture.

That smile near the end though.
Apr 12, 1:48 PM

Mar 2010
I am not really interested in Hinata at all. Would suck if Valentine and Rimuru fight. I am just going to wait for the series to end before continuing watching…
Apr 12, 2:01 PM
Dec 2023
why is there no Rimuru? :(
Apr 12, 2:09 PM

Jun 2023
Didn’t see Rimuru this ep but we got some build up.

Wonder what’s going to happen next
Apr 12, 2:27 PM

Sep 2014
I love politics! Especially in my isekai anime!

That beeing said, I am sort of lost. I assume the angels will be the real threat in the future?

When its not just self insert wish fullfillment isekai this show is actually quite good
Comander-07Apr 12, 2:30 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 12, 3:00 PM

Apr 2010
Another boring episode full of politics shit, hinata and no rimuru? Guess I'll skip this episode
Apr 12, 3:12 PM

Jun 2016
Best political intrigue and war strategy fantasy of the recent years by far.
Apr 12, 3:14 PM
Nov 2008
I just want to see Hinata dead already. Stop stalling ffs.
Apr 12, 3:38 PM
Oct 2016
We saw how Rimuru side reacted to the events of Walpurgis now we see how the other side with Hinata and Luminus react. They lead this nation and its church in secret while using its followers for their own purposes. With the events of Walpurgis hurting their efforts as Rimuru declared anyone whom opposed his kingdom as an enemy. Luminus will have to redirect her efforts since shutting Rimuru down isn't an option now that he has Veldora on his side. Hinata is chomping at the bit to try and slay Veldora but she truly doesn't know what that entails. We saw Hinata as someone to self proclaimed hater of monsters and holy knight is working for a demon lord vampire of all things. I can only speculate on the real world allegory going on here. Yuki and his clowns dealt a blow since Clayman is now dead. Rimuru blowing up another group's plans since the clowns lost all that Clayman had been entrusted with as well. Falmuth reluctantly choosing the least bad option of the ones they were given. Even that didn't go over that well but they've just got to bite the bullet on this. Rimuru becoming a demon lord has changed the entire political landscape of this continent.
Apr 12, 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
If you think about it if rimuru never died the moment he did the world he got isekai'd 2 be fkd probably ^^"

Also holy moly, valentine was already best girl, and in s3 shes even prettier/looks more mature. Pure love<3 Pref her without the vamp teeth tho

Her voice actress does seem to copy Shinobus (monogatari) VA a bit tho. But that might just be a coincidence
removed-userApr 12, 4:53 PM
Apr 12, 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to LukaPochi
Another boring episode full of politics shit, hinata and no rimuru? Guess I'll skip this episode
@LukaPochi You're probably better off watching some 0 story shounen like dbz then 8-)
Apr 12, 4:59 PM

Feb 2019
the new king of falmuth, edgar the brother, is much greedier than his brother. i mean, he looked like he didn't want to be the next king, but inside he was happy. if he thinks he can beat rimuru and veldora and get rid of tempest, i think he has another think coming. and i mean, Diablo won't let it happen since they already have a new king lined up to take over.
Apr 12, 5:08 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to LukaPochi
LukaPochi said:

You should skip the whole season then if you hate politics. There won't be as much action as in previous seasons.
Apr 12, 5:41 PM
Jan 2021
a lot of text!!!!!
Apr 12, 6:07 PM
Apr 2021
Hahaha Rimuru has become SUCH a problem like literally half of this episode was just about how much of a problem he is, first it was Valentine then it was the Nobles who were just talking about him, his name is about to be up there with Madara in terms of it bring fear to peoples hearts😭😭😭

So we got some backstory of Hinata and how she came to join the Holy Knight and how she met Valentine, it’s surprising to me how fucking strong Hinata is she took care of both twin vampires and killed them, this woman clutched up a 1v2😭🤯

This episode went by so quick for me by the time I looked at the bar the episode was already finish and I just noticed that we didn’t even get to see Rimuru ONCE in this episode that how you know the world building is great it’s when they never show the MC and focus on the other characters in the show🔥

I have NO clue how some ppl are saying “this episode was too slow” “too much talking” like duhhhhhh this episode is simply building up the story for the future episodes🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Cant wait to see how that dude Edward fucks up Falmuth all bc his pride won’t let him surrender to monsters that guy is gonna get him and his country fucked up by Rimuru🤣🤣🤣🤣
Apr 12, 7:19 PM

Oct 2015
Reply to FMmatron
Episodes focussing on politics, worldbuilding and build up are actually essential for longer running fantasy series. The good ones, that is.
@FMmatron
nah slime is good
wait till we spend 2 vols on a festival and dungeon building
😂
Weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but female and not incel: :soyjackwow:
weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but male and incel: :npcangry:
Apr 12, 7:59 PM
Aug 2020
A little boring, but that's to be expected.
Apr 12, 8:06 PM

Jul 2016
A whole episode dedicated to politics, Nations' next moves and the repercussions of Rimuru attending Walpurgis. Man, gotta love when TenSura goes full buildup for future events.
F in advance for viewers with short attention span tho.
Apr 12, 8:13 PM
Feb 2010
Holy shite this has gotten boring. Dropped. Just a bunch of zero-impact characters. 3 years of side-story trash and tension for a mediocre opening.
Apr 12, 8:18 PM
Jan 2022
I really liked this episode...but it felt too short
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24

106 by ItzBeeM »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 5

170 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Is the very slow pacing holding this anime back?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 23

33 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 26

123 by tofei »»
Yesterday, 10:48 AM

» 12-13 years to fully adapt?

poging179 - May 24

9 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 3:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.