Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Witch and the Beast
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
Guideau actually fighting to protect witches.

This is a hell of a season finale although rushed imo. Felt like they build her character up with the recent episodes and background stories. Nonetheless, it had a climatic finale like feeling and the overall eerie vibe of the show. Not the best finale imo but I kinda enjoyed the series overall.
Apr 4, 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
Ashaf faces his toughest challenge yet: getting ambushed by Executioners.

With him being injured, Guideau wants the method to undo her curse, though Ashaf wanting her to protect Falvell, it's the last thing she can do, aside from seeing her brother Owent being killed by Sven and Craig. Sure, Guideau ended up obeying Ashaf's orders, and that's in order to buy time to save Falvell against the Executioners. Against all odds, Guideau eventually learned the 3rd way to undo a witch's curse: the witch's kiss.

With Guideau having transformed into the beast, Falvell too got her curse unlocked, allowing her to use her vocative magic against the Executioners. But this is only temporary since the curse can only be unlocked by the origin witch, and Guideau ended up journeying together with Ashaf to see Angela Anne Huell, her accursed witch. It's all in the name of love.

Ashaf taking Guideau to the Order for the first time, leading her to the Tiered Worlds of the Fall to find connections to Angela right at Level 4. With the appropriate clothings, they head into Orlencia Sett, where vampire settle to continue their search.

Quite an intricative series, what a ride, though it isn't the best adaptation-wise.
KANLen09Apr 5, 11:57 PM

Dec 2021
The Executioners remain annoying, whether it's in the past or present.

Ashaf taught Guideau how to break the curse, intending for her to protect the witches instead. The Executioners, who masterminded the case, stirred up the villages to seize the witches' power and captured Falvell. Guideau arrived on the scene and attempted to rescue Falvell, but she couldn't unleash her true power and ended up injured by the Executioners. Guideau found herself in a tight spot, but a kiss with Falvell awakened her true form.

This show began with promise, but it's not bad per se... yet it's not that good either. It's definitely one of those anime adaptations that doesn't do justice to the manga (similar to most Yokohama anime adaptations), and it's unfortunate that the manga is on hiatus. Perhaps now that the anime is over, it'll make a comeback.

Apr 2016
Well and here we are at the end ...

Interesting little series i must say, i did enjoyed watching it week to week, but rather than coming for the set of characters presented, what kept me in was the world building, and the curiosity of what is that we gonna see the next week, and then the next ...

The characters and, i guess the fighting was a bit on a weaker side to be honest. Still, would not mind a second season tho.
Apr 4, 10:50 AM

Feb 2021
Falvell is OP and dangerous as hell. Reminds me of Kia from Ishura.
The existence of other worlds was unexpected O_O

8/10
This was cool. Would definitely watch a sequel.
Apr 4, 11:16 AM
Feb 2024
I like this final episode a lot we get to know more about the characters but the mystery surrounding the world and guideau origin still unknown I really want season 2 to know more and it finished in the opening of vampire arc,and I love to see more of the manga get animated
Apr 4, 11:33 AM
Sep 2015
OMG you can't make this episode end like this and not annoucning the sequel!!! This is probably the best cliffhanger of the last season. "Probably" not "definitely" because I'm not sure about the chance of sequel. If this end up have no sequel then this is a bad ending.

Anyway, I probably already said this a couple of times but I'm not a fan of genderbending Guideau. Wouldn't it be much more fun to watch him learn about love while he's in his original form?
Apr 4, 11:54 AM

Jan 2015
Great anime, but the final ep didn't feel like it at all.
Apr 4, 12:19 PM

Oct 2018
No season 2 announcement huh
Apr 4, 12:30 PM

Aug 2022
Guideau needs to learn many things from Ashaf for the good of herself and others. And slowly I'm sure she will become a good and useful person.

So, after several flashbacks from Guideau and Ashaf, their journey still seems to continue. In order to find Angela, they need to do something. I wonder if they can get Angela and Guideau free from the curse.

RafaBryanApr 6, 11:20 AM
Apr 4, 12:35 PM

Sep 2023
Glad to see that the art and animation were back to normal for the most part this episode. This was kind of a lackluster, frustrating finale. Half of it pertained to backstory that didn't impact the overarching story much, and the second half was an info-dump. The world presented in this anime is very intriguing, and the new revelation of a tiered world inside a bottomless pit is really cool. My biggest concern at this point is that this won't get a second season, and the story will go unfinished unless I read the manga.
Apr 4, 12:43 PM

Jul 2021
That was a whole lot of worldbuilding towards the end. 8 continents? A different type of sorcery? A Made In Abyss bottomless hole? An elevator service? Multiverses? Vampire world? Whaaaa? I'm still interested, but everything was just dumped on the viewer.

Overall the anime was mostly style-over-substance, but it always looked very cool (minus the rough animation) and there were many interesting ideas and details. I'd be happy to see another season.
Apr 4, 12:45 PM
Sep 2018
Someone please tell me what wearing all black is supposed to mean in that world
Apr 4, 12:57 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Falvell knew how to temporally undo the witches curse by kissing Guideau for the first time unlocking both of their powers. Didn't take much for Falvell to deal with the executioners by simply controlling her surroundings with her voice which brings the flashback arc from three years ago to a close. We some more world building as there are eight continents and the place where Ashaf and Guideau are heading lies between the seventh and eighth continent in the form of a bottomless pit with a structure located at the center called The Fall. Ashaf and Guideau made their way to the fourth floor where they changed into an all black attire before entering a world filled with vampires.

This anime was another hidden gem from Winter 2024 and I would like for it to get another season, but I feel like that won't happen since the manga is currently on hiatus. It's a shame because I feel things were just getting started when we got some additional world build in the end. We can always use some more urban fantasy shows. This was a very frustrating finale to watch.

6/10
AddaeAkonoApr 4, 1:11 PM
Apr 4, 12:59 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to Supablade
Someone please tell me what wearing all black is supposed to mean in that world
@Supablade spoiler: it's dangerous since vampire wear white in sun time wearing all black make you suspicious in that level
Apr 4, 1:16 PM
Sep 2018
Haninegharbi said:
@Supablade spoiler: it's dangerous since vampire wear white in sun time wearing all black make you suspicious in that level

Thanks I was gonna go crazy if they ended it and I didn’t know
Apr 4, 1:38 PM

May 2023
Reply to IzanaSolos
The Executioners remain annoying, whether it's in the past or present.

Ashaf taught Guideau how to break the curse, intending for her to protect the witches instead. The Executioners, who masterminded the case, stirred up the villages to seize the witches' power and captured Falvell. Guideau arrived on the scene and attempted to rescue Falvell, but she couldn't unleash her true power and ended up injured by the Executioners. Guideau found herself in a tight spot, but a kiss with Falvell awakened her true form.

This show began with promise, but it's not bad per se... yet it's not that good either. It's definitely one of those anime adaptations that doesn't do justice to the manga (similar to most Yokohama anime adaptations), and it's unfortunate that the manga is on hiatus. Perhaps now that the anime is over, it'll make a comeback.
@IzanaSolos not justice my ass show was fire fam
Apr 4, 2:19 PM
Dec 2019
Reply to SoulReaper01_
@IzanaSolos not justice my ass show was fire fam
@SoulReaper01_ Compared to manga it was. Animation was shit, especially in battles, special effects were usually bad, and characters sometimes were drawn badly too, though at least that and scenery was usually on high level. It could be way worse, I've seen few episodes of Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer so I know, bu it wasn't really well animated show at all. Sometimes it was like Powerpoint slide show that got by with using manga panels as reference.

Similar case with Ragna Crimson - interesting story and characters, great manga art, low budget shit animation, but just like with Witch and Beast, at least they tried to make not completely awful. Both adaptations were good enough that I watched them to the end, in both cases manga was so much better it isn't even funny.
Apr 4, 2:35 PM

May 2023
Reply to Bear_from_cave
@SoulReaper01_ Compared to manga it was. Animation was shit, especially in battles, special effects were usually bad, and characters sometimes were drawn badly too, though at least that and scenery was usually on high level. It could be way worse, I've seen few episodes of Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer so I know, bu it wasn't really well animated show at all. Sometimes it was like Powerpoint slide show that got by with using manga panels as reference.

Similar case with Ragna Crimson - interesting story and characters, great manga art, low budget shit animation, but just like with Witch and Beast, at least they tried to make not completely awful. Both adaptations were good enough that I watched them to the end, in both cases manga was so much better it isn't even funny.
@Bear_from_cave I disagree on some of your points. Ragna Crimson was indeed horrible especially the second cour BUT I wouldn't say the same about Witch and the beast. I still think it was well animated not great of course but still good. Action scenes were handled well not crazy good but not bad either. As for the Manga im gonna start reading it now since the story hooked me up and the characters are mad drippy especially my goat ashaf that man is a badass lmao
Apr 4, 2:51 PM

Jan 2019
ffs the show really had to end right as they got to the worldbuilding and the super interesting other worlds premise.

Apr 4, 3:15 PM

Feb 2019
Man I think the only flaw I have with this series was these last two episodes.

I get how the flashback arc was relevant and seeing Flavell’s broken word magic was cool, I imagine that’s because later in the story she’ll be back with control over the dead as foreshadowed by Ashaf, but I hate that they introduced The Fall and this whole Made in Abyss/tower of God type shit at the end of the finale! That’s such a cool concept that makes this world way bigger and more interesting than I could have ever imagined.

There’s so many places we can go with this Made in Abyss type bottomless pit. Vampires, different cultures and rules of magic etc etc. not to mention the other 7 continents. This episode felt like the end of a cour, rather than a season finale. Unfortunately, with the manga on hiatus it’s unlikely we get another season for a while, but I’ll for sure be reading this because the atmosphere and vibe of this series is perfect. Very heavy shades of Undead Girl from a few seasons ago. Choppy animation at times aside, I’ll miss it
Marinate1016Apr 4, 3:48 PM
Apr 4, 3:16 PM

Feb 2019
SoulReaper01_ said:
@Bear_from_cave I disagree on some of your points. Ragna Crimson was indeed horrible especially the second cour BUT I wouldn't say the same about Witch and the beast. I still think it was well animated not great of course but still good. Action scenes were handled well not crazy good but not bad either. As for the Manga im gonna start reading it now since the story hooked me up and the characters are mad drippy especially my goat ashaf that man is a badass lmao

Ragna crimson was nowehere near horrible lol
Apr 4, 3:16 PM
Aug 2022
pretty neat anime appreciated the darkness and some character traits but in that regard it has quite a few weaknesses like their relationships and the general exploration of them aswell as the arks feeling a bit random and overall it was kinda unfullfilling
Apr 4, 3:25 PM

Jun 2016
I really liked this series, and that beast of Guideau is so hilarious and somewhat adorable in the (rude) female form.
I'll miss this series.
Apr 4, 3:44 PM
Jun 2020
prettyy ok. I'd like they had 1 more episode. Feel its gonna take long till second season
Apr 4, 4:16 PM
Jun 2021
Yeah this episode didn’t feel like the end of a season except for like the last 6 seconds lmao. Even then it still kinda felt like an episode 1.
Apr 4, 4:26 PM

May 2019
I found the last 2 episodes about how Ashaf and Guideau met interesting and overall I enjoyed watching this series. The ending sequence in particular where they entered an elevator and prepared to enter a different world left it wide open while they pursue Angela. So hopefully either a season 2 or OVAs are announced.

Only criticisms I could think of was the animation was sometimes lacking and they had 2 episodes with another protagonist that, while fine on its own, did not really add much to the main characters' storyline in my opinion. However, the world building and character designs were good. 7/10
Apr 4, 5:31 PM

Sep 2018
They really dropped all that world lore on us in the final ten minutes of the show. It piqued my interest to potentially see how the MCs interact with this world full of vampires.
Apr 4, 5:45 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Well the season finale is here and it did feel a little rushed and they left off at a decent spot, but seeing the manga is on hiatus and this anime didn’t seem to do the manga justice maybe will get a second season down the line after the manga picks back up. A decent show I’d say 5/10 maybe 6/10.
Apr 4, 5:56 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Hirugiku
Great anime, but the final ep didn't feel like it at all.
@Hirugiku Beacause it's just the end of S1
Apr 4, 6:02 PM
Oct 2019
By the way, Is there a reader who could tell us what the anime is adapting from the manga in this season?
Apr 4, 6:25 PM

Nov 2023
They really had to end it there of all places, just when it got more interesting.

It was a good show, I liked it a lot. I hope there's a Season 2, I want to see more.
Apr 4, 6:33 PM
Jun 2014
Amazing voice acting as usual! I feel like I need to read the manga to really understand this series though! It was fun while it lasted! Can't wait to see what happens with season 2! <3
Apr 4, 8:29 PM

Jul 2008
I liked the show but the ending left me going.....huh?

A very lackluster finale to say the least.....still 7/10 for me.
Apr 4, 8:42 PM
Mar 2023
Overall solid season. If the animation was better, I think it’d be considerably more enjoyable. I liked the art style, but the movement was butt. I really really enjoyed the lore and world building. I’m very interested in the world. Even the minor cliff hanger at the end of the episode was more enticing than annoying. Smooth 7/10. Probably could have been an 8 if the animation was better.
Apr 4, 10:18 PM

Mar 2008
Huh only just now got to see Guideau's true form also has piercings. So he/she/it/whateverthefuckGuideauis missed having piercings and had them done i guess? Lol Kind of a funny thought someone so cranky all the time and very unkept like being actually vain on something.

Weird feeling all this info dump just thrown at us all of a sudden like an introduction. Kind of an unusual storytelling format.

Huh interesting a magical world elevator thing isnt something I wouldnt have thought of as fitting in this world.

I feel like a two cour would have better suited this.

AddaeAkono said:
So Falvell knew how to temporally undo the witches curse by kissing Guideau for the first time unlocking both of their powers. Didn't take much for Falvell to deal with the executioners by simply controlling her surroundings with her voice which brings the flashback arc from three years ago to a close.

Off camera Ashaf told Falvell she needed to kiss Guideau. This was implied with how he said she was needed. He probably didnt know it would subdue her curse as well though since he did seem pleasantly surprised.
Apr 4, 10:41 PM

Jul 2016
MAJO TO YAJUU = Absolutely art

A solid 10/10

I really want to see a second season!
Apr 4, 10:51 PM

Feb 2022
Strong finish. This one. Give it about a 7/10
Apr 4, 11:06 PM
Jul 2020
It was mysterious and entertaining
Apr 5, 12:05 AM

Jun 2023
Is there gonna be s2?
Apr 5, 1:06 AM
May 2023
I’d give this episode a 6 out of 10. It was rather confusing, especially since Guideau already knew how to temporarily break her witch’s curse, so I’m not really sure why Ashaf felt the need to again tell her how and for us to be forced to see it. Makes me wonder if the events that made it into the anime were out of order from the manga.

As usual, the animation was really lacking. That’s been the problem with this series since the beginning. The above mentioned scene showed Ashaf having different length pants each time they cut away and came back (I think a total of 4 times). Guideau looked very weirdly not like herself in the car ride at the end. And for some reason, an all black outfit comes with a white dress shirt instead of, ya know, black.

I’m glad this show is over. Doubtful it’ll see a second season, but I won’t watch if it does.
Apr 5, 2:30 AM

Mar 2012
Most of the show was boring, by the time it got interesting it was already over, I'm curious as to what happens next so I hope there'll be S2.
Apr 5, 2:58 AM

Sep 2023
Pretty "meh" anime. I doesn't feel like anything amazing and telling me, that the next season will take place in a Vampire world absolutely not excite me. It's fine as a "filler anime", but I'm sure as hell, not going to prioritize this over another anime, when the next season drops.
Apr 5, 3:22 AM

Mar 2007
It's such a treat every time Guideau comes out of the coffin to kick ass. I have no clue who or what he is originally, but I'm eager to find out more so I do hope this gets a second season.

The tea must have been some really good stuff!
Apr 5, 4:49 AM
Jan 2020
They got some things right but still an overall mediocre adaptation

It's pretty much certain most shows like this gets to a mediocre studio or it looks like the best thing you laid your eyes on
Apr 5, 6:30 AM

Oct 2016
Cool way to end the season. We got a whole new world teased, and I’m excited to see how it all plays out if we get another season. (7/10)
Apr 5, 7:15 AM
Oct 2020
Multilynx said:
I’d give this episode a 6 out of 10. It was rather confusing, especially since Guideau already knew how to temporarily break her witch’s curse, so I’m not really sure why Ashaf felt the need to again tell her how and for us to be forced to see it. Makes me wonder if the events that made it into the anime were out of order from the manga.

As usual, the animation was really lacking. That’s been the problem with this series since the beginning. The above mentioned scene showed Ashaf having different length pants each time they cut away and came back (I think a total of 4 times). Guideau looked very weirdly not like herself in the car ride at the end. And for some reason, an all black outfit comes with a white dress shirt instead of, ya know, black.

I’m glad this show is over. Doubtful it’ll see a second season, but I won’t watch if it does.

This arc was a prequel arc showing how Guideau and Ashaf met. This is when Ashaf first told Guideau how to temporarily break the curse. Prior to this arc, Guideau was not aware.
Apr 5, 7:30 AM
Aug 2020
A great episode to finish this first season.

The fights are maybe too short but i loved the characters.

The story is also good.

7/10
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 5, 7:45 AM
Oct 2020
Great series overall despite the lacking animation. Shame since the manga art is incredible.

Interesting decision to drop a bunch of lore for the next arc right at the end when they’ll just have to remind viewers again at the start of next season. Makes for a decent cliffhanger I suppose and might entice some viewers to pick up the manga
Apr 5, 10:25 AM

Nov 2016
If there's no S2 after this finale it would suck hard.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21

39 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 3, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

56 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 28, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7

49 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 21, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29

42 by Matheus050 »»
Jul 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28

37 by adbeaver »»
Jul 8, 8:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.