Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
It seems buying and selling items are kind of a norm in this show. Not surprising given its adventure elements.

I think at this point Ivy has adapted with the adventure life. She's learning more and more about their world and looks like some characters really appreciate her. Good for her.
Feb 16, 6:48 AM

Feb 2020
It's nice to see how much better Ivy is doing right now. ^^
Feb 16, 7:43 AM

Apr 2016
Ah, we at that part of the story where "all" the guards in the city now care and at the same time pity our dear heroine because she's all alone but all the braver because of that, and also she's trying her best ... aww.

Something very bad is about to happen ain't it ...
Feb 16, 8:26 AM

Mar 2021
Another lovely episode. The way all the guards knew who Ivy was and how they acted just based on the captain's influence was hilarious. More world building, more information about what is happening in the village, more of Ivy's thinking about budgeting in terms of rodent meat. This really is just a chill show that is a relaxing sort of fun to watch.

Feb 16, 8:30 AM
May 2021
Ivy counting her riches in fieldmice is adorable and will never get old🥰
Feb 16, 8:38 AM

Mar 2021
It's just amazing to see how much Ivy has grown and how successful she has become to survive you can tell she has really gained confidence during her adventure.
Feb 16, 8:42 AM
Sep 2015
Overall this is a nice town with hot guards, the existence of slavery system surprises me but it's probably closer to prisoner than actual slave.
If Ivy doesn't feel 100% safe, she's not gonna tell her secret, and I understand that, everyone understand that except her birth villagers.
Feb 16, 9:01 AM

Dec 2022
if i were in her place i would stayed there but this anime wouldnt be 12 episodes then also a life of a traveler sounds very pleasant to me also i knew the guards should know something about her circumstances
Feb 16, 9:08 AM
Sep 2016
Ep.6 was the best in the series so far!!! So Many revelations and kindness shown to Ivy...Very happy episode!
Feb 16, 9:20 AM
Jan 2019
Very good episode
Feb 16, 9:24 AM
Dec 2022
This show has really surprised me so far, figured it would just be one of those trash isekai’s but now I’m actually looking forward to watching it every Friday. Great episode as always, glad we got to see some more cute moments with Ivy and Sora. Really love how all the guards treats her with care now, something she never experienced in Latomi after she turned 5 years old.
Feb 16, 9:47 AM

Apr 2022

Wait, really? Just like that her name is now Ivy and she didn't have to do anything officialy to change it or something? Will she evolve into a real boy because she declared so like she did with choosing the name "Ivy"? Damn, that's a dream world for some people...
Feb 16, 10:19 AM
Aug 2022
I’m assuming when setting up her account her gender was probably shown as female, that’s probably how they knew. Either that or they both just have a good eye.

Ciel is such a good cat I hope nothing happens to him.
Feb 16, 10:25 AM
Sep 2022
i love that captain
Feb 16, 10:53 AM

Nov 2023
It was a nice episode. This anime is very good.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Feb 16, 10:53 AM

May 2019
This was my favorite episode so far and I've been enjoying watching this series more and more. I'm glad that Ciel has essentially become Ivy's guardian while out in the forest as there's always a feeling of dread/danger out there, and on that note hopefully Ciel accompanies Ivy on her trip to the next town.

The Captain also became another guardian to Ivy and it was nice of him to read the room and stop questioning her on how many stars her tamer skill has. I still think she is a 4-star tamer and that the crystal ball they used back then was limited to 3 stars. Also, hearing more backstory of Latomi Village is leading me to think that accusing Ivy of being a 0 star tamer was most likely intentional.
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
This show has really grown on me. Loved this episode and so happy that Ivy is finding comfort and at least some safety around them now between animals and city folk.

Has it been stated that there are zero star people in this world? I’ve been suspicious of her ranking and after more context with her village this episode I wonder if it’s all a ruse.
"Most people don't try to become adults, they just can't stay children any longer."
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Feb 16, 11:17 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
This was my favorite episode so far and I've been enjoying watching this series more and more. I'm glad that Ciel has essentially become Ivy's guardian while out in the forest as there's always a feeling of dread/danger out there, and on that note hopefully Ciel accompanies Ivy on her trip to the next town.

The Captain also became another guardian to Ivy and it was nice of him to read the room and stop questioning her on how many stars her tamer skill has. I still think she is a 4-star tamer and that the crystal ball they used back then was limited to 3 stars. Also, hearing more backstory of Latomi Village is leading me to think that accusing Ivy of being a 0 star tamer was most likely intentional.
@Alfredo-Sauce You know if the mayor was looking for a scapegoat...Ivy would've been perfect. The Priest messes up and reads the ball incorrectly but it gives the mayor the perfect way to get rid of the Fortune Teller. Now labeled as a no-star, the FT knows the truth and sees Ivy's future, taking care of her, in the meantime the FT gets sick, deprives her of medicine and ends up killing her, blaming Ivy and the town is more dependent on him...

Its the plan of a complete moron and fits perfectly for that dummy of a mayor.
Feb 16, 11:40 AM

Aug 2023
I hope we get to see more of Oggto, I love him. I also would love if Ivy "tame's" Ciel at one point but I have a feeling Sora may be the only monster she tames ever, or at least for a long time. Perhaps her 0 star skill will actually wind up being the strongest though? Maybe she was just too powerful that she broke the system lol
Feb 16, 12:47 PM

Nov 2013
what are your thoughts on this episode? please share them with us :)

----

that guard guy sure is trying his best to keep Ivy safe, now everyone knows her lol

Ciel capturing bunnies for Ivy was interesting, i wonder how it knows how to perfectly catch them without damage lol

those stupid bandits are back, ofc ... it was looking bad, but i was expecting someone to save her, and ofc, it happened, Ciel made them faint with fear LOL Ciel even used the bandit's "you're too slow to run from us" agains't them by jumping behind them, LOVELY HAHAHAHA

Ivy is geting richer and richer, 5100 mouse catches worth of money from just a couple tasks (telling the guild about dead people and catching the bandits)

the topic of the village is back, that leader is dumb as hell, imagine destroying the whole village because a kid with no stars was born there ... holy...

lastly, the guards now know about her being a "weak" tamer and they also know that she is a girl who ran from the village ... the more i watch, the more i think she should just stay in there forever, she is loved and protected there ad i doubt people would start hating her for knowing her real gender or skill ...

anyway, we're back on the road, let's see where she goes next and if Ciel will follow her and end up hiding in the closest forest to the capital

favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 16, 12:59 PM

Mar 2013
I'll give her a lot of headpats... 🥰🥰🥰

Those two guards at the end have a lot of info already where Ivy came from but they were still understanding towards her circumstances. Such a sweet episode.

P.S. Ciel was epic saving Ivy earlier.
CrazyButNot4UFeb 16, 1:04 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 16, 1:13 PM
Jun 2016
It just occurred to me that she's lowering her voice to sound more boysih. Huh. I'm slow to pick on details like that lol.

Gotta say nothing really happens this episode. Not moving too slowly but not hitting a stride either. The pacing is a bit too complacent. I get the easy-going tone it's trying to strike but it needs to do more with its characters. I groaned when the bandit characters returned... them? Again?
Feb 16, 2:22 PM
May 2023
it was so good. last time it almost made me cry, after the captain of the guard deciphered some things the start of ending truly fitted the episode
Feb 16, 2:51 PM

Jan 2019
I had my doubts about the guards once they learned more about Ivy, but I'm glad they turned out to be good people in the end.
Feb 16, 3:21 PM
May 2021
nooo, i was hoping she'd trust the captain and tell him what happened:( have a nasty feeling that something bad is going to happen in an episode or two. really hope ivy will be alright
My 2023 candies:
Feb 16, 3:53 PM
Feb 2023
Gotta love giant cats!!!
Feb 16, 5:03 PM

Jul 2021
"Lovely" is the word that comes to mind.

Using a new pair of headphones, I'm noticing the music even more, it's beautiful. Shout-out to Kujira Yumemi, and also the ED, it fits the show perfectly.
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Jun 2021
I'm getting bored of the show. Ivy just keeps lucking into cash and her problems get solved way too easily. I'm not expecting something like Fear & Hunger, but it doesn't feel like an actual adventure or struggle when things are so easy 90% of the time.
Feb 16, 7:06 PM

Nov 2011
The guards are real ones.

So happy to hear about the downfall of Latomi Village. I am curious if she ever runs into her parents again.

Great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 16, 7:08 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Respect to those guards who knew something was up, but chose to leave Ivy alone to her secrets and not pry any further. Do they suspect that she's starless, or at least one-star? Which also begs the question, is being starless seen as a curse by everyone, or was it just limited to Latomi village where they had leaders putting ideas in their people's heads? And I'm sure a lot of us are thinking the same thing, in that there isn't even such a thing as being starless. Ivy simply broke whatever outdated crystal ball they had back at the village because she's actually a 4 or 5-star, if that even is a thing. In any case, the guards suspect something, but knew it was for the best to leave Ivy be, and gave her their best wishes as she went on her way. Was actually somewhat expecting for the guards to turn on her after finding out she's starless, starting the whole cycle over again. Man, that would've been dark, and would have been depressing, but also really interesting, to see. Ivy's been through more than enough though, so I'm glad she finally found a place that treats her well, should she ever choose to come back.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 16, 8:11 PM
Aug 2023
Slow burners aren’t for everyone, but this continues to be one of my favorites this season. We finally get to see justice fully handed down to the group of jackasses harassing Ivy, and her getting handsomely compensated for it. Also love letting the adults actually connect some dots behind her true identity but electing not to confront her about it yet.
Feb 16, 8:14 PM
Aug 2023
Phantom_373 said:
I’m assuming when setting up her account her gender was probably shown as female, that’s probably how they knew. Either that or they both just have a good eye.

Ciel is such a good cat I hope nothing happens to him.

The blonde guy said out they ran checks on everyone in Latomi and the only one unaccounted for among escaped families was an 8yr old girl, so there’s also that
Feb 16, 8:31 PM

Feb 2019
Ivy's severely traumatized coz of the bounty on her head, and she found the people she can trust that the fortune teller told her about, but still, she was weary, which was expected. Anyway, she's got a good bodyguard ready to terrorize anyone who dare do her harm, and no, I'm not talking about Oggto lol But he's scary enough too
Feb 16, 8:36 PM
Mar 2020
Any source reader here? Please spoil me whether Latomi village will be shown again later on or not? I just want to know if the village chief and Ivy's family got painful deaths and demise or not.
Feb 16, 8:51 PM

Jun 2008
I am late. This was a good mid-season episode. Ciel getting some screen time and being best cat is will never get old.

We still get to see Ivy's aversion to human interaction thanks to Oguto's overly protective nature spreading to the rest of the guards. She eases up a bit throughout the episode and does get closer to trusting people. A good sign for Ivy but not quite there to fully trust people, much less tell them about her no-star skill.

Oguto and Beribera also know Ivy's not all she seems. This was great on so many levels. They knew something was off about her, observed her, and decided not to press and instead tried to give her a safe place/moment to live in.

For LN stuff, see below:
CallidinFeb 16, 8:56 PM
Feb 16, 9:04 PM

Jun 2008
Reply to EgatammaN
Any source reader here? Please spoil me whether Latomi village will be shown again later on or not? I just want to know if the village chief and Ivy's family got painful deaths and demise or not.
@EgatammaN
Basic response

More spoilerly response:
CallidinFeb 16, 10:44 PM
Feb 16, 11:34 PM

Sep 2010
BetaMaleUltra said:
Respect to those guards who knew something was up, but chose to leave Ivy alone to her secrets and not pry any further. Do they suspect that she's starless, or at least one-star? Which also begs the question, is being starless seen as a curse by everyone, or was it just limited to Latomi village where they had leaders putting ideas in their people's heads? And I'm sure a lot of us are thinking the same thing, in that there isn't even such a thing as being starless. Ivy simply broke whatever outdated crystal ball they had back at the village because she's actually a 4 or 5-star, if that even is a thing. In any case, the guards suspect something, but knew it was for the best to leave Ivy be, and gave her their best wishes as she went on her way. Was actually somewhat expecting for the guards to turn on her after finding out she's starless, starting the whole cycle over again. Man, that would've been dark, and would have been depressing, but also really interesting, to see. Ivy's been through more than enough though, so I'm glad she finally found a place that treats her well, should she ever choose to come back.
I seriously doubt Ivy's skill was actually more than 3 stars. It would undercut what Oguto and Verivera said about star levels correlating poorly with how good or useful people are, and what Luba said about there being a time where people had no skills with a star level. On the other side, Ivy's brother thought his future was secure because of his 3-star skill, while his sister's was not because her skill was only 1-star.

felixsifuri said:
Wait, really? Just like that her name is now Ivy and she didn't have to do anything officialy to change it or something? Will she evolve into a real boy because she declared so like she did with choosing the name "Ivy"? Damn, that's a dream world for some people...
I assume it must read her intentions instead of her true parameters. Perhaps like a convenient equivalent to filling out a form, although it doesn't make much sense to draw blood for that. ...although blood may be seen as a sort of 'signature'. Might even have helped that all of the guards were calling her "Ivy", helping her identify it as her name on a subconscious level. I guess the device at the bank isn't linked to a register of births or people that would match her blood to the name "Femicia" given to her at birth. ...or if it is somehow reading her real name, the number of people who know her as Ivy now might outnumber the number of people who knew her as Femicia.

So, she's faking her name, so it shows as Ivy. She's not faking her age, so it shows as 8. She's faking her gender, so logically it should show as male. If it had showed as female, I thought Oguto would have remarked that he'd incorrectly assumed she was a boy the whole time. I guess we'll never be completely sure unless someone can read that language.
TakataFeb 17, 12:12 AM
Feb 16, 11:39 PM

May 2019
Reply to ChelseaBlue2004
@Alfredo-Sauce You know if the mayor was looking for a scapegoat...Ivy would've been perfect. The Priest messes up and reads the ball incorrectly but it gives the mayor the perfect way to get rid of the Fortune Teller. Now labeled as a no-star, the FT knows the truth and sees Ivy's future, taking care of her, in the meantime the FT gets sick, deprives her of medicine and ends up killing her, blaming Ivy and the town is more dependent on him...

Its the plan of a complete moron and fits perfectly for that dummy of a mayor.
@ChelseaBlue2004
That's a very likely scenario too but I was thinking that the priest messed up intentionally. However, even if he didn't it worked out for the mayor either way since the mayor may be very power hungry and wanted to take away the FT's power/influence. As you said very dumb move because that village is now fragmented and sounds like its barely surviving.
Feb 16, 11:53 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, Ivy's graduated from collecting reward money for information on monsters, to money for information on wanted criminals. O.O

But... I think there's something wrong with the numbers. >.> Either this episode or episode 4 is out by a factor of 10, I think.
Also, ignoring food expenses and daily hunting income, Ivy should be down 5 gidal for the tent.
Episode 4:

Episode 6:

TakataFeb 17, 1:59 AM
Feb 17, 6:26 AM
Apr 2023
So touching that the 'universe' is doing something to make up for what Femicia/Ivy had to go through just because she had no stars; I mean having no star probably just means her level is immeasurable and that might be why the measuring magic popped like that.
But welp, the anime adaptation is doing a good job with the theme of the light novel but it also doing a good job of pulling viewers to picking up at least the manga adaptation (if you can't get the LN). The manga is technically superior to the anime right now in terms of the content (anime had too much skipped content that adds more to the emotions IMO) but I appreciate the anime since it has good production value at the very least.
Feb 17, 7:13 AM

Jan 2014
So, they know she's keeping secrets but didn't push her to tell her. Ivy probably trusts them it's s just she's not yet comfortable to say it out loud. Ciel would come in handy with protecting Ivy. Those ruffians turn slaves, poetic. Latomi village got a mob mentality with egotistical geriatric for a leader which most cult have. So, their downfall is inevitable.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 17, 11:20 AM
Apr 2023
Awww. That was really sweet with the captain at the end, and it's a shame that Ivy couldn't tell them.

Nice to have a positive vibe episode though, and that she has people looking out for her (and also interesting to hear more Latomi backstory)
Feb 18, 4:57 AM
Dec 2018
I was worried about this episode at first, as I know the path a lot of stories take and thought this one might be going the same direction, but I was so glad to be wrong! This episode restored my faith in humanity!
Feb 18, 5:23 AM

Oct 2008
even if Ivy hides the truth of her, looks like it won't be enough and Oguto and Verivera already know about her! well that's a good thing because there would be more allies for Ivy and she'll start trust someone and not always go low profile.
4/5.

Feb 18, 10:13 AM

Sep 2016
4 star abilities revealed, so the fact the maximum was 3 was a effin lie huh? xD
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Ivy's tamer skill is 5 stars or even higher, and the village's ball couldn't measure it and showed 0, like that one anime with the overpowered demon lord getting 0 magic power reading from the measuring crystal even though he's basically omnipotent.

Someone up here doubts it but...think about it, she befriended a beast that is considered a legendary beast that is overly aggressive and would never act nice to a human, if that doesn't point to an amazingly high rank taming skill, I don't know really.
Also her special slime, from other slimes we see that they only digest organic stuff or metals, and they're hella slow at that, her slime can eat potions with the whole bottle and only takes a few seconds to gobble them all up, and to add to that, it can even reuse the content from its body to heal a wound. Another pointer to an amazingly high ranked taming skill.

Don't be surprised if Ivy's revealed to be a 6 star tamer or something lol.

To add to this, I don't like the change to her guild's scene, her status randomly popped up instead of her asking what she can omit to the guild secretary and then filling the fields herself.
Also, idk if it's only manga, in the manga the money deposit process is automated by magic, here in the anime we got a banker doing it. I feel the manga's version would've looked better too.
bruh
Feb 18, 3:29 PM

Nov 2012
I hoped she'd found a home base and people she trusted enough to tell the truth to. Her village deserves everything it gets.
Feb 18, 3:34 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to FullyCharged
4 star abilities revealed, so the fact the maximum was 3 was a effin lie huh? xD
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Ivy's tamer skill is 5 stars or even higher, and the village's ball couldn't measure it and showed 0, like that one anime with the overpowered demon lord getting 0 magic power reading from the measuring crystal even though he's basically omnipotent.

Someone up here doubts it but...think about it, she befriended a beast that is considered a legendary beast that is overly aggressive and would never act nice to a human, if that doesn't point to an amazingly high rank taming skill, I don't know really.
Also her special slime, from other slimes we see that they only digest organic stuff or metals, and they're hella slow at that, her slime can eat potions with the whole bottle and only takes a few seconds to gobble them all up, and to add to that, it can even reuse the content from its body to heal a wound. Another pointer to an amazingly high ranked taming skill.

To add to this, I don't like the change to her guild's scene, her status randomly popped up instead of her asking what she can omit to the guild secretary and then filling the fields herself.
Also, idk if it's only manga, in the manga the money deposit process is automated by magic, here in the anime we got a banker doing it. I feel the manga's version would've looked better too.
@FullyCharged We have the same thoughts on her stars. You even cited the same anime I was thinking of. Sora and Ciel are both rare and an 8 yo tamed them. If she's a 0, what kind of beasts are the other tamers getting?
Feb 18, 8:28 PM
May 2022
I was crying at the end. I'm really loving this series, it's so wholesome and beautiful.
Feb 18, 9:21 PM

Jun 2008
Reply to FullyCharged

@FullyCharged
In the LN and manga, the have the same divider and a human behind it. We just aren't shown the human in the manga and the divide is never raised for that long. Just long enough and high enough to grab the tray. The person showing their full figure and talking with the divide up is anime original. In the LN, it also notes that someone is talking to her through the divide.
Feb 18, 9:24 PM

Jun 2008
Reply to dragynfaerie
@FullyCharged We have the same thoughts on her stars. You even cited the same anime I was thinking of. Sora and Ciel are both rare and an 8 yo tamed them. If she's a 0, what kind of beasts are the other tamers getting?
@dragynfaerie
Ciel isn't "tamed" at this point. No tamer mark on her forehead.

I should note that this series is refreshingly straightforward most of the time. When a priest whose job it is to read stars says she doesn't have any, it's a pretty safe bet that said priest is correct.

That is not to say there isn't something else going of course. There most likely is more to Ivy than meets the eye or magical appraisal. But that is a different topic.
CallidinFeb 18, 9:28 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23

49 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 8, 6:15 PM

» Studio deserves a shut down

TurnipFan - Jul 14

21 by Otakupervert890 »»
Aug 24, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9

49 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 23, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

82 by iwubanime »»
Jul 28, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12

118 by micheku »»
Jul 7, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.