Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
Poor Ichikawa is going through quite the situation, lol.

Just one week until Valentine's Day, Ichikawa, who somehow ended up joining Yamada, Chihiro, Moeko, and Serina for the occasion, is at the Yamada household for a handmade chocolate trial session. When Yamada's mother, taken aback by the sudden appearance of Ichikawa, gives him a suspicious look, Moeko cleverly blurts out, He's, um, my boyfriend? as a white lie. To keep up the act, Moeko and Ichikawa continue to act lovey-dovey. Yamada feels uneasy... While Ichikawa is nervous about the tense atmosphere, he realizes it's not good to leave Yamada's mother with the wrong impression.

I really loved this episode, especially how Ichikawa is totally cool with letting Yamada help him now without even thinking twice. It's pretty amazing to see that shift, considering he had a hard time admitting it before. And hey, Yamada's mom seems to have taken a liking to Ichikawa, probably because Yamada talks about him so much. Props to Ichikawa for speaking up and clearing the air.

The episode overall is the best one yet imo, and I'm loving how our guy is gradually opening up to the rest of the group, treating the girls as friends. The bond between Ichikawa and his sister is something special. It's so heartwarming to see how openly he talks with her about what he wants and his insecurities regarding Yamada.

Ichikawa has really put his feelings out there and shared them with someone. Now, the next step is turning those feelings into reality.
IzanaSolosJan 20, 2:59 PM

Jan 20, 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
This would've been more amusing if they aired the episode during Valentine's week. We still got the Valentine theme episode anyway.

I think it's funny cause not only is Kyoutarou is involved, his classmates are too which invites some awkward delusions in his head. So much teasing this episode too LOL. It was fun to see everyone gathered together outside of school and enjoying the occasion, or at least making some memories. Tbh, Kyoutarou looked awkward at moments but he's been like that since day one. Anna had a gloomy face at times, which is opposite of the face she usually puts on.

Pretty entertaining episode imo with the various moods.
Jan 20, 8:58 AM

May 2020
One of the biggest events of the anime calendar, Valentine's day is here to mark its presence in this series. And like those millions of times we’ve been through this thing in millions of those series, chocolate making was a hot topic yet another time lol.

Though that in itself kind of got a conclusion real quick, but it was the dude’s appearance, with those DARK CLOTHES yet again which had me rolling, or no, that awkward af moment when he met Kobayashi. Who wouldn’t wish a death at that moment lol. We get you, Ichikawa. Again, Moe with her pretend boyfriend idea was hilarious to see, but it did more harm than good.

Jealous Yamada was… quite something lol. Still that awkwardness when you’re the only guy around a bunch of girls must be killing. Good to Mama Yamada she stopped Ichikawa from leaving, otherwise he would’ve never come to know the real identity of that “TITAN”, who of course was Yamada’s father lol. Now we know how Yamada got her height. Also hey, he’s surprisingly cool for someone who has those looks.

Dude got his chocolates, and done with his intro to her family too. That’s a huge thumbs up, despite some hiccups lol. We’re progressing greatly and neatly. Another really good episode.

And damn yes, Ichikawa said the thing... hell yeah. We're getting the main thing this season itself, it's a certainity, if it wasn't already.
Softhenic03Jan 20, 9:02 AM
Jan 20, 9:01 AM
Aug 2022
We needed this on Valentine's man!!.
Seeing Ichikawa & Yamada's Father my was like reaction 🤭

Ricky16Jan 20, 9:05 AM
Jan 20, 9:33 AM

Apr 2016
You would expect that during the valentine's day it would be the homemade chocolate that's the sweetest thing around ... instead here, it was the very warm and sweet family moment.

Aww, that actually was very nice.
Jan 20, 10:32 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
kyo-kun's sister is such a homie, i love her.

man this show just doesn't disappoint, yamada's chocolates are only for kyotaro!
Jan 20, 10:33 AM

Jul 2011
As slice of life anime goes. This episode had a lot of tension in the air.

Slowly but surely, Ichikawa is being assimilated into Yamada's circle.
Jan 20, 10:41 AM

Mar 2021
Very good episode with a bit of tension I love how we finally got to see Ichikawa meet Yamada's dad and learn a bit about him
Jan 20, 10:43 AM

Feb 2021
How does this OP actually get me to feel bittersweet and emotional T_T
LET'S GOOO CHAD KYOTARO! Moeko pretending to be his girlfriend was hilarious, but yeah, they definitely needed to tell the mom the truth.
THE DAD YESSSS His VA is perfect!
The conversation between Kyotaro and his sister was sooo good. I love their dynamic too. And that ending!
Aaahhh this anime is pure condensed happiness
Jan 20, 10:43 AM
Feb 2020
My fav episode of the second season so far. The couch scene was so good 👏
Jan 20, 10:45 AM

Jul 2017
Loads of lovely moments again in this episode, was very comfortable and wholesome to watch overall while progresses some subtle things nicely, like with Ichikawa getting to meet and somewhat bond with Yamada's parents (while him managing to tell the truth to her mom to make sure that eventually if they ever get together, he doesn't come off as untrustworthy), somewhat getting closer to Yamada's friend group and even realizing that he doesn't want to miss the chance of getting together with her as people grow up and feelings change so good for him for realizing that. He does need to continue with slowly gaining his confidence to push forward while he has the time and chances to do so. Yamada's reactions near the end of the episode were cute too to watch, love how the relationship continues to progress between the two of them as a whole. Also, her father was great to watch too, too bad he couldn't get the friend code of 'Yamada' but there's still time in the future for that to potentially happen given the rate that Ichikawa has been visiting Anna's household. The first impressions in general for Yamada's parents might seem intense or out there, but when you get to know them a little bit, they're pretty wholesome, supportive and likable for anime parents. Kind of fits the show well and how it has generally done most of its characterization.
Jan 20, 10:47 AM

Aug 2017
Moeko is too funny. Sweet how she and Serina are both thoughtfull about our main duo while Chihiro still hasn't got a single clue.

Also loved Kana giving Ichikawa advice, their siblings relationship is refreshing to see in anime and their reactions after Ichikawa said he wants to be Yamada boyfriend was hilarious.

"Why don't you just not" man I'm proud of Ichikawa growing in confidence, let's go!
Jan 20, 10:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this season is starting to really unravel that mystery box now, and it's so freakin' great!

I can't believe Ichikawa went ahead and said it, I suppose the moment is near, lads. Amazake without alcohol, I wonder if that's something to be wary of, xD. Jokes aside, I love how the sister effortlessly got him to reveal those deep feelings. She's been a winger for a while and a half but sealed it for good this time around. And that harem comment, lmao. 10/10.

Even the other friend's figured it out by now. She's been kind of in the background so far, but it's nice to see that she finally connected the dots and even managed to potentially figure out Yamada-san's take on the matter. It's about time until the self-proclaimed bff of Yamada-san's figures out too? Ah... Maybe not, lol.

Already a Yamada? Yes, yes, lol. Foreshadowing at its finest! I don't know if I've ever seen a better couch scene in my life.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 20, 11:02 AM
Mar 2023
Kana's gotta be one of the best big sisters in anime
Jan 20, 11:04 AM

May 2019
So Anna's father is actually a cool (but intimidating looking) guy that likes video games, and Moeko's reaction to when he pulled his hair back lol.

Btw, Anna's father thinks Kyoutaro's name is Yamada, apparently he didn't make the connection that Kyoutaro was wearing his daughter's PE suit haha.
Jan 20, 11:12 AM

Mar 2021
Another delightful episode from one of my favorite adaptations in recent memory. I was not worried after the first season was handled so well, but as the story proper really get going, I am happy to see the same care and thought went into these chapters as well.
Jan 20, 11:25 AM
Apr 2018
ICHIKAWA GOAT RAHHHHH
Jan 20, 11:29 AM

Aug 2015
Damn Anna's dad is Toji from JJK
Jan 20, 11:41 AM
Sep 2016
1. Ichikawa declares he wants to go out with Yamada!!!

2. Ichikawa x Yamada has received greenlit from the Ichikawa household and Moeko in season 1. Now they have received greenlit from Hara, Serina, and the Yamada household as well. Kobayashi is the last boss!!!

3. Kana-chan declares herself as being adult.... proceed to being tipsy just from a single can of 9% alc. drink (she hasn't even finished the entire can!!!)
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 20, 11:44 AM
Mar 2021
One thing I definitely know is that this anime is a danger to my heart
Jan 20, 11:56 AM

Dec 2022
Huge treat this episode! My boy Ichikawa finally stopped shit-talking himself for long enough to actually pursue Yamada!

There's also plenty of good screen time for the side characters. We finally meet Yamada's dad, Kana onee-san gets a wholesome exchange, and Moeko still has an eerily good read on Ichikawa. Something else that really stood out to me is how many times we saw that shocked face where the eyes go blank. I loved it in Mitsudomoe, and it's just as good here.

With Valentine's day right around the corner, and Ichikawa's Yamada chocolate secured, what will these two get up to next?
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Jan 20, 11:57 AM
Dec 2022
Best birthday gift
Jan 20, 11:58 AM
Dec 2022
Best birthday cause this came out
Jan 20, 11:59 AM
Apr 2023
PEAK is my only word.
Jan 20, 12:06 PM

Dec 2012
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
So Anna's father is actually a cool (but intimidating looking) guy that likes video games, and Moeko's reaction to when he pulled his hair back lol.

Btw, Anna's father thinks Kyoutaro's name is Yamada, apparently he didn't make the connection that Kyoutaro was wearing his daughter's PE suit haha.
@Alfredo-Sauce anime skipped that part, yamada actually tell ichikawa name to her father
Jan 20, 12:22 PM

May 2020
Yamada's dad looks like a mix of Toji from jjk and Benimaru from Fire Force.
Jan 20, 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
You see fellow short kings = if MC can get a beauty like female MC, then so can you
Jan 20, 12:35 PM

Dec 2022
so it turns out yamadas dad wasnt a murderer after all he was a chef though he could easily join the yakuza with that build and face
Jan 20, 12:39 PM
Jan 2024
Yamada and Ichikawa relationship is developing even more than last season. I'm a manga reader so I really want to watch the upcoming chapters due to the beautiful events they bring with them :)
Jan 20, 12:42 PM
Jul 2015
It's killing me. So precious and cute!
Jan 20, 12:47 PM
Jul 2015
Reply to betaweeb

man this show just doesn't disappoint, yamada's chocolates are only for kyotaro!
betaweeb said:

Ikr. She is sooo nice in her slightly awkward way. You just can't not like her.
Jan 20, 12:49 PM

Feb 2019
“A boy?!!!” Lmao Yamada’s mom is hilarious. Wasn’t expecting to be back at her house the next episode, but I’ll take it. They’re really not letting off the gas this season with Yamada and Kyo’s relationship.

Moeke coming in clutch by acting like Kyo was her bf. Yamada getting jealous when Moeke and Kyo were acting like a couple in the kitchen was so cute.

I’m glad in the end Kyo came clean and didn’t keep up the ruse. Mad respect to him. Already in unfamiliar territory and he had to have been so nervous. Helped out quite a bit since now he’s met both of her parents and even gamed with the dad! Anna was right last episode when she said Kyo reminds her of her dad, they definitely act alike. Hopefully one day they exchange friend codes

Kyo’s sister is such a bro. Always giving him some good advice and helping him take the next step. “I want to be Yamada’s boyfriend” LETS GOOOO. We’re about to enter peak romance territory here. He’s becoming more assertive already and saying he doesn’t want her giving other guys chocolate. Can’t wait to see the next episode
Marinate1016Jan 20, 3:17 PM
Jan 20, 12:53 PM
Nov 2019
The amount of awkwardness on display because one of the friends couldn't read the room is hilarious. Kinda refreshing to see a romcom anime where the densest character isn't one of the main 2.
Jan 20, 1:03 PM
Mar 2018
Real standout moment for Yoshida.
Also very cute between Kyoutarou and his sister.
Jan 20, 1:19 PM
Mar 2020
gaaaaaaah why does this show just keep absolutely killing it. it's clearly just the best romance that has come out in many years. it perfectly captures a feeling in so many tiny ways, even when it's being extraordinarily weird.
Jan 20, 1:41 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kyotaro sure ended up getting roped into something thats rather troublesome. Moeko really is the best supporting character here. To the point where if she tries she can easily snag any boy in class inc Kyo. For her junior high peers Anna must had been like a giant to them. In the present her jealousy really is scary. Standing together Anna's parents sure proved to be a rather unique couple whether in terms of height or personality. Still that scene where Kyo/Anna played games while the mom watched was just priceless. Its nice to see Kyo realize the depths of his feelings for Anna and make that giant step forward.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2:04 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi is making progress with Yamada by telling the truth Funny that her dad called him Yamada after seeing him in her shirt the other time
Jan 20, 2:05 PM

Nov 2021
Another peak episode. This anime does such a good job with "show, don't tell"
Jan 20, 2:07 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi made progress by being honest Funny her dad thought he was Yamada because he saw him in her clothes last time
Jan 20, 2:24 PM

Mar 2020
'There's no guarantee we have a tomorrow together, and if there isn't, then maybe I should try for what I want a little."

I'll keep saying it, Kyoutaro is still easily my favourite character in this anime and I love his development. He does get roped into some awkward situations, but at least he knows to tell the truth and clear the air when necessary. A lot of nice subtle changes in how he acts around others, while still retaining that awkwardness that he always had. Really like that slow development. He's gradually opening up, talking to Anna's friends more casually, and most importantly realizes that times change quickly in adolescence, so maybe just once in a while, he should try to get what he wants.
Jan 20, 2:26 PM
Jan 2024
Very cute episode... Honestly all the episodes are cute hehe. I enjoyed the sibling talk at the end as well. It was too wholesome.
Jan 20, 2:26 PM

Mar 2022
This season just gets better and better, this is going to end up being my favourite anime at this rate, although it pretty much already is. Another excellent episode :) always makes me laugh and always makes me feel warm inside, was especially welcome today as was feel a bit down until watching this.
Jan 20, 2:36 PM
May 2020
ichikawa got drunk off the atmosphere to bait himself out like that at the end lol
Jan 20, 2:47 PM
Aug 2020
this is really my favorite romance comedy for the moment, it is so so so so good

i didn't stop to laugh during all the episode, and the romance scenes were really great...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 20, 2:53 PM
Jun 2023
a totally goated episode
Jan 20, 3:04 PM
Jan 2024
seriously the whole family is so sweet
Jan 20, 3:13 PM
Jan 2024
hola jejejejejeje
Jan 20, 3:14 PM
Jan 2024
hola jejejejejeje escribo en español porque voy contra las reglas
Jan 20, 3:39 PM

Apr 2023
This episode supposed to be tense and cringy and yet they mange to make this very easy to watch. Great job to the production staff for this near perfect adaptation so far.
Jan 20, 4:13 PM
Aug 2022
The fact that Kyo straight up said he wants to be her boyfriend is crazy progress, this episode was great and god dam yamada’s dad is big.

I’m expecting big progress later down the season I hope I’m not disappointed.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

79 by Scootboi »»
May 21, 1:58 AM

» Has the english dub been announced?

middle_pickup - Jan 24

27 by SammyOldLad »»
May 19, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

348 by UaEfAlCoN83 »»
May 17, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.