Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2023 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
This Red Moon situation made this episode into a rather bloody mess but it's cool to see Cid and the team back again taking care of business. They're dealing with vampires but as usual, they took the fight into their hands.

Even after all this time, the show felt the same as before although it also feels like Cid got more badass.
Oct 4, 2023 7:00 AM

May 2020
Biggest chuunibyou is back in town… exactly a year after making his first appearance last fall. And bro, nothing changed at all lol, he’s still spewing completely nonsensical things in a completely nonchalant manner and racking brownie points with his harem… like usual.

Liked how they didn’t waste any time in some kinda recap bullshit, and straight up brought the main thing into the picture… the abnormal happenings at Lawless city, or more like the true mystery behind the folks turning into vampires, for reasons unknown. Good for Cid, he has to make minimal effort this time around to slip past any of his people to visit Lawless city, I mean he and Claire visited the place eventually, or more it was just Claire pushing Cid with herself all over the place lol.

Things took a turn for worse when people actually started turning into zombies/vampires, but for someone like Cid, that’s the perfect chance to slip away from Claire and do his things as Shadow. But hey, what should we do with that misunderstanding Claire has about Cid, instigated by Mary lol. We’ll see, but here’s to a lot of new characters making appearance.

Cliffhanger from the get-go, and it’s the trademark way too. Good return already.

He literally did this same pose, with the same dialogue twice lol
Softhenic03Oct 4, 2023 7:04 AM
Oct 4, 2023 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
I AM ATOMIC is back for Round 2, and we continue the anime with Volume 3 of the LN!

Shadow Garden and Cid Kagenou reeks the Lawless City being the place for their next rendevous with the Red Moon, that's where one of the 3 Rulers of the Blood Queen resides in the Crimson Tower, which adventurers have been seeking to take her down. But other than that, it's just as what Cid have known about the city, while Claire literally drags his ass to the Dark Knight Association. As expected, the adventurers end up becoming slaves, and Cid earns his pickpocketing keep in the process. And as the Red Moon expunges its magical energy, the vampire ghouls come to life, and he's saved by the Ancient Vampire Hunter Mary, who announces that the time has come.

As expected, Claire does not find Cid in the room and wanders off to find him. Which in an act of imitation, Cid saved her life and repeated her words back, which is so Cid class. Mary found Claire despairing over Cid's loss, but definitely wasn't dead on the floor, while the vampires have been waiting for this day for their Queen Elisabeth to arise from the dead. Aside from Juggernaut the Tyrant and Yukime the Spirit Fox tattering on each other, the unknown entity that's Shadow, he's here to continue his raid as the Eminence of Shadow.

The Lawless City of prominent characters, and Cid along with Shadow Garden, will pounce on the intermittence once more.
KANLen09Oct 10, 2023 4:30 AM
Oct 4, 2023 8:08 AM

May 2015
"That boy doesn't have black hair or black eyes"

"What? Who the hell are you?"

I'm glad this show and its deadpan humor has come back for an awesome first episode.
Oct 4, 2023 8:14 AM
May 2021
Nexus added so many original scenes which were really good πŸ˜‚. Nice start for season 2. Lots of action is going to happen this season.
Oct 4, 2023 8:17 AM
Feb 2021
Cid remains as handsome as ever, accompanied by the introduction of intriguing new characters. The young lady continues to radiate beauty, captivating my admiration.
Oct 4, 2023 8:25 AM
Aug 2020
Lol Cid repeated those lines so much that I started to say the lines along with him πŸ˜‚
Oct 4, 2023 8:29 AM
May 2023
Wonderful . Crazy . Interesting . I love it .
Oct 4, 2023 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
Best recap I've ever seen lmao
7:51 I love how his eye looks here.
9:08 Holup, isn't this one of his friends from the academy?
Claire is divine πŸ™
Cid is just as glorious as I remember. One of my favorite anime characters fr.
21:36 Rose! Or I guess No. 666 now.
This the type of OP that gets better the more I see/hear it.

Really good and exciting premiere! Thursday are about to be really hype with this and Uma Musume.
EmbientOct 4, 2023 8:38 AM
Oct 4, 2023 8:41 AM
May 2018
Though there's some still image, but they allocated the resource to action. CID repeate the same line after copying from mary, make me LOL. Balance of comedy still there and not overused.

finally there's show every wednesday to replace BSD thats end 2 weeks ago.
Oct 4, 2023 8:43 AM

Jun 2021
Most hyped anime for fall 2023! I really hope they extend it to 20 episodes instead of the initial 12.
Oct 4, 2023 8:45 AM

Apr 2021
Great to see Cid again!!! Having read the manga, this season is definitely gonna be awesome!!!
Oct 4, 2023 8:45 AM
Jun 2022
great opener can’t wait for more of my favorite isekai
Oct 4, 2023 8:46 AM

Nov 2014
God damn I miss Cid. He hears 1 line that's even vaguely cool, then he goes around repeating it over and over again like the unapologetic edgelord he is

I'm laughing my ass off the whole episode
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 4, 2023 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
Holy shit, what an episode to start the season. Great to see Shadow and the shadow garden. The recap was peak. Cid really liked those lines lmao, dude couldn't stop repeating them. His sister is as amusing as usual. Vampire hunter girl seems nice and the girl Cid saved will probably join shadow garden but most importantly Itou Shizuka's in the cast and she's voicing the fox woman, already loving her. The second half was hype and hyped to see upcoming episode. Shadow sama is finally back.
MegamiRemOct 4, 2023 10:51 AM
Oct 4, 2023 8:50 AM

Mar 2020
Nice to see Cid and Shadow Garden back for more fun, and this new vampire and red moon arc should be very interesting. Looks like we got a lot of new characters, hopefully it isn't too hard to keep up with everyone and everything. Edgy stuff all around, but I'm here for it! The humour and designs overall have definitely stayed consistent, which is good.
Oct 4, 2023 8:50 AM
Oct 2020
This is going to be a great month, cid is still edgy af and i love it
Oct 4, 2023 8:56 AM
Feb 2021
Cid is still so handsome, and there are new characters appearing. The girls are still so beautiful, I really like it.
Oct 4, 2023 8:57 AM
Jun 2023
fucking masterpiece
Oct 4, 2023 8:58 AM
Aug 2022
Masterpiece is back with another Banger!!!!πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ™ŒπŸ»
Oct 4, 2023 9:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Man I've missed this show. Gonna be a bit of a pain not being able to binge watch it this time though but I'll take it
Oct 4, 2023 9:06 AM

Aug 2013
KANLen09 said:
I AM ATOMIC is back for Round 2, and we continue the anime with Volume 3 of the LN!

The Lawless City is a haven for all things criminal as Cid continues his headway with his sister Claire dragging his ass, stopping at slave trader's place where violence is rampant in such a place like this. And within the shadow of no doubt, Cid has found a saviour where vampires go attacking all around.

The Crimson Tower where the Blood Queen lies, that's the primary target while Shadow continues his sortie. And under the bright red moon where the Blood Queen will awaken once more, the fight for survival is ever more the same against the strong players.

The Lawless City of prominent characters, and Cid along with Shadow Garden, will pounce on the intermittence once more.

Kan-san, how would you rate the adaptation of volumes 1 &2 from season 1? just curious πŸ€” been thinking of picking this up as a read.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 4, 2023 9:09 AM
Jun 2015
What a great start lest goooooooooo
Oct 4, 2023 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
The absolute unit and horde of treasure trove waifu designs has returned and we are not wasting time to get to the point. We jumped in right away and got the greatest recap ever that took basically 20 seconds. It's the good stuff.

So excited to see where season 2 takes us. Let's get ATOMIC!
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 4, 2023 9:14 AM
Jun 2023
starting was good , the deltas roared . and cid copied that women , that was nice. I will be waiting for more episodes.
Oct 4, 2023 9:21 AM
Sep 2023
It was as beautiful as a anime could be holy shi it’s gives off overlord vibes but like 10x better I can’t wait for ep 2 amazing show
Oct 4, 2023 9:22 AM

Mar 2021
The best part of this episode for me was, the 7 shades telling Shadow about the Lawless city and he be like, "I smell it!!!"
Everyone there be like, "Oh shit!! I stinky?? Where that chanel? lemme bathe in it!!"
V1P3R0POct 4, 2023 9:32 AM
Oct 4, 2023 9:23 AM
Sep 2022
its amazing to see shadow again. i love it the new season
Oct 4, 2023 9:24 AM
Oct 2023
Greatest first episode I ever experience
Oct 4, 2023 9:24 AM
Jan 2021
Hmm, as far as I remember, they perfectly executed the manga chapters in this episode.
The opening is average, last season's one was better imo.
Let's see how's the ending in next week. They should pour their every effort in the adaption since the anime is a million times better than manga, even than the LN.
Just like how A-1 Pictures meticulously adapted the whole 3 seasons of Kaguya-sama even though the manga was popular per se, but the studio elevated it to another level in S3, which resulted in way higher ratings with being more than 9 of S3. It was perfect.
So I assume and hope the same for S2. This anime has potential.
One more thing. since many people don't like an All-Powerful MC, I know. but in this anime case. It is rather likeable.
Good hopes for the studio.
Oct 4, 2023 9:29 AM
Apr 2022
AH seeing Shadow's return makes me smile and gets me so hyped/excited that I can't wait for whats to come in the future, I hope it continues to be this fullfilling
Oct 4, 2023 9:29 AM

Jun 2021
Now this is an awesome comeback. A nice big battle is upcoming. Look like Cid has found his favorite dialogues for this Red Moon situation. I love how he repeated those lines lmao
Oct 4, 2023 9:33 AM
Aug 2020
he is back, finally

it was a great come back
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 4, 2023 9:37 AM
Apr 2022
This was EPIC!!!πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.
The episode starts with an epic showcase of the Shadow Garden assembly meeting.

It seems Mary also has a similar slime technology like Shadow Garden but in red colour, I guess it was blood rather than slime as her title is Vampire Hunter.

The ending of the first episode was great.

"Run, if you value your life.
The frenzy has begun.
The moon is red.
We are out of time."

What a great poem.
Oct 4, 2023 9:37 AM
May 2021
Cant lie s1 defo grew on me, cant wait to see what this season is gonna be about!!

I AM ATOMIC.
Oct 4, 2023 9:45 AM

Apr 2021
Loved the episode!
Oct 4, 2023 9:46 AM
Dec 2019
I missed this anime so much...
Oct 4, 2023 9:51 AM
Aug 2023
just loved it. it was so cool from the start to the end.
Oct 4, 2023 9:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that in this world a giant slum would actually exist. Lawless city looks to be a lively place. Just need to make sure you don't walk down the wrong alley at night. Good to see claire again. The two overconfident rooks from the start sure had quite the career change. Cid sure made reverse pockpocketing look easy. Mary sure made one hell of a first impression. Still between her and Claire thats hell of a combo they have for storming the crimson tower. Cid still loves his dramatic entrances as ever i see. Overall an excellent opening ep that did well to catch us up with what happened since the last season while wasting no time in leading us to the new hunting ground of lawless city. Plenty of new faces this time as well with Mary and Yukume being the more notable ones here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2023 9:54 AM
Feb 2023
semua aspek hampir sempurna pembukaan yang sangat keren unruk musim kedua
Oct 4, 2023 10:01 AM
Apr 2020
cool opener to the red moon arc
Oct 4, 2023 10:03 AM

Mar 2013
Classic Cid is here again? YESH!!!
GREAT ANIMATION.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 4, 2023 10:03 AM
Nov 2019
Just thrilled that it is back😍😍😍. That anime got me on my toes for the first season. The 1st episode of the second season came back with all the thrills 😍
Oct 4, 2023 10:04 AM
Jul 2022
PEAK IS BACK GUYSSSS
Oct 4, 2023 10:04 AM
Nov 2019
Swayamghadage said:
fucking masterpiece

Well said!!!!!!!
Oct 4, 2023 10:09 AM
May 2023
Good first episode back. Our Lord Shadow has returned and is the same as ever. He repeated Mary's lines twice as he liked it so much. It was hilarious πŸ˜‚. Can't wait for episode 2.
Oct 4, 2023 10:18 AM
Apr 2022
Apratim said:
Nexus added so many original scenes which were really good πŸ˜‚. Nice start for season 2. Lots of action is going to happen this season.

More than previous season?
Oct 4, 2023 10:21 AM
Aug 2018
constant fullfilment from watching
Oct 4, 2023 10:23 AM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
Oh, wow, that was heck of a first episode, it seems like this will be a season of no holds barred quite literally and that’s exactly what I want from the series, lol.

Off to a good start here, and curious to see what else is in store for us here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 4, 2023 10:25 AM

Feb 2019
“The moon is red”

Peak is back! Great to be back in this world with these insane but loveable characters. Can’t wait to see this arc animated. A lot of cool anime original stuff in this episode. If they keep up with the nice blend of source and original stuff, this is gonna be a special season.

I love how shadow uses the expression “I smell something” and all the girls start sniffing themselves and spraying perfume lmao.

God I missed Cid’s stupid humour. Him just repeating everything Mary said in the alley had me 😭 most unserious MC ever

No Claire you can’t just drop that dude’s head. He had a family, man. He mattered too lmao.

“My brother may scream, but he’d never laugh” πŸ’€

The lawless city arc is fun from start to finish and I know Nexus got something special cooked up for us here. This season will be nonstop fun. If you liked season 1, this should exceed it in every way.

Can’t wait to see Elisabeth and some of the other characters that’ll be introduced this season. πŸ™πŸΎ

We already got a little tease of mommy dommy Yukime and she looks great in the anime too.

Awesome premiere.
Marinate1016Oct 4, 2023 10:58 AM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2023

322 by Sayan_Pal »»
Jun 5, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

163 by Sayan_Pal »»
Jun 1, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2023

94 by PrimeX »»
Jun 1, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2023

127 by Sayan_Pal »»
May 31, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

218 by PrimeX »»
May 31, 12:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.