Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 9, 2023 5:01 PM

Sep 2015
The start of the final battle between Luffy and Kaido, not action filled .But One of the most emotional episodes for this series.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 9, 2023 5:57 PM

Dec 2021
Damn, they really go into the people of Wano's suffering this episode.

Following last episode, Momonosuke throws forward gathering strength and slams into Onigashima with force, freeing the way for Luffy's urgent strike. Kaidou desperately tries to defend himself with a new technique, but Luffy's enormous control over Ryuo proves to be insurmountable, causing a powerful clash of both attacks. Amidst the chaos, Kawamatsu reflects on the tragic events of two decades ago, when Kaidou and Orochi's forces mercilessly attacked Kuri in an attempt to end Momonosuke's life, marking the beginning of their tyrannical rule over Wano Country. Meanwhile, Denjiro bravely intervenes and protects Hiyori against Orochi's imminent attack. At the same time, at the fire party, a sea of โ€‹โ€‹paper lanterns rises into the night sky, each of which carries the burning desire of people to regain their freedom. As the fierce confrontation between Luffy and Kaidou continues, the spirit of liberation burns brightly in the hearts of those who yearn for Wano to be free again.

As this saga approaches its climax, a pressing question arises: Will Kaidou's long-held death wish finally come true? Or could there be a revelation where Kaidou sees the essence of Joyboy in Luffy, recognizing that Luffy's purpose is to catalyze monumental change in the world order? It's worth noting that Kaidou has a burning desire for a great war, and while I'm hesitant to see him die, I can't help but wonder about the consequences of a Yonko defeat. In light of their complexities, it seems that Kaidou's death may actually be the most narratively coherent conclusion. Straying away from story, yeah Toei is putting al their budget into Gear 5, because in the flashback when Oden's daimyo's are "fighting" it's really embarrassing. Though this is a weekly production so I can't hate especially since they've been putting their heart and soul into Gear 5. But emotionally this episode was fire.

Regardless, Luffy v Kaidou is slowly but surely coming to an end.

Sep 9, 2023 6:45 PM

Apr 2018
This kind of episodes make you question what's gonna happen later on after it is over. The kind of changes this will bring when it comes down to Luffy's victory over Kaido and saving the people of Wano. Next episode will be the final battle between them, hopefully it'll be on the same level as Zoro vs King. legit just 20 minutes of insane cuts.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 9, 2023 6:54 PM
Oct 2019
BEST SHOW EVER PEAK PEAK PEAK PEAK
Sep 9, 2023 7:14 PM

Apr 2022
the beginning of the end. this episode wasn't so much about luffy vs kaido but about the toxic country kaido and orochi created. citizens of wano, including the akazaya really been through a lot and now ties in with their savior luffy about to deliver the final blow. the floating japanese letters effect with the lanterns was really cool, right after orochi got sliced. they said it was gonna be an emotional episode rather than an action packed one, and they were right.

bajrang gun is here and so is flaming drum dragon! the finale of luffy vs kaido next week and the last episode of gear 5, preview looks very promising.
Sep 9, 2023 7:16 PM
Jan 2020
Luffy uses his final attack the Gomu Gomu no Bajrang Gun coated with conqueror's Haki and Ryuo to attack Kaido without making contact! Kaido counters with Flaming Dragon Torch Rising Dragon Bagua and there's a huge clash of advanced conqueror and armament haki in the skies. Lots of flashbacks of the suffering Wano had suffered to the befitting end of Orochi getting killed by someone who he thought was his most loyal servant, Denjiro. Ironic that Orochi died to his most trusted man and his most loved woman which is really poetic. This was a really emotional episode, the 20 years of prayers have finally come true, and the end of Kaido is near.
Sep 9, 2023 7:28 PM

Apr 2019
Loved how this episode was directed. The really well done.

Sep 9, 2023 7:29 PM

Apr 2016
This was very nice episode visually and you can really see the pain the people of Wano went through all these years through this
And Kaido looks so sick in his flame form
Sep 9, 2023 7:36 PM

Aug 2019
They messed up by only adapting one chapter; if there was ever a time to adapt two chapters in one episode (especially since they already spent so much of the budget making it look nice), this was it. Instead Toei wasted half of the episode showing us stuff we'd seen many times before. Like we get it, Wano suffered under Kaido and Orochi. You didn't have to show us a flashback of all their atrocities for the 100th time.

The animation and direction were great, but the fact that barely anything substantial was shown makes this episode feel so pointless aside from Luffy and Kaido's unfinished clash...
Sep 9, 2023 7:42 PM

Jul 2007
I was so worried about the content for this CH, but man they made what was a heavy recap in the manga, actually quite emotional with lots of interesting stylistic choices for visuals and some extra included scenes, i actually enjoyed this one.

Sep 9, 2023 7:42 PM
Jul 2017
The art direction in this one holy crap, they're really making this an incredible finale for Wano
Sep 9, 2023 7:44 PM

Jul 2007
Reply to Early_Morning
They messed up by only adapting one chapter; if there was ever a time to adapt two chapters in one episode (especially since they already spent so much of the budget making it look nice), this was it. Instead Toei wasted half of the episode showing us stuff we'd seen many times before. Like we get it, Wano suffered under Kaido and Orochi. You didn't have to show us a flashback of all their atrocities for the 100th time.

The animation and direction were great, but the fact that barely anything substantial was shown makes this episode feel so pointless aside from Luffy and Kaido's unfinished clash...
@Early_Morning

From the anime's perspective, I would agree, since many of these scenes were rehashed, but from the manga it was actually fitting, becuase oda did not include orochi and toki's flashback scenes 100 times. But You know anime is going to follow the manga so this is what we get.

Sep 9, 2023 7:47 PM

Dec 2013
Even though we didn't actually get Kaidou's defeat in this episode it was still a decent episode. I'm glad we won't see any more of Orochi after this episode.
Sep 9, 2023 7:52 PM

Nov 2019
Unnecessary amount of flashbacks and rehashing of stuff we have already seen. It was still well done though and quite emotional. Could have easily adapted 2 chapters in this episode but hey-ho.
Sep 9, 2023 7:55 PM
May 2021
So next eo is the end game of kaido and luffy yh?
Sep 9, 2023 7:57 PM

Jun 2015
It's almost insulting how literally nothing at all happened in this episode
Sep 9, 2023 7:58 PM
Mar 2021
Didn't like it ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯
Sep 9, 2023 7:59 PM

Oct 2009
Emotion heavy.

I ain't even mad about the flashbacks.

That was so dark, incredibly well done!

Sep 9, 2023 8:09 PM

Feb 2014
This ep is great. Those flashback of people of Wano's sufferings had me crying. ๐Ÿ˜ญ Finally Orochi's gone. I've waited long enough lol.
Sep 9, 2023 8:09 PM

Jul 2022
Half of the episode is a dam flashback... (huge disappointment).
I just want to watch Luffy VS Kaido...
I mean, this whole arc, have so many flashbacks already about how things was. (They did added new scenes in this ep)
But overall, we all know what happened. Especially when they also release 'Dai Gekisen Tokushuu! Hangeki' flashback episodes in this arc...

Orochi is srsly another character i very dislike. So the only positive thing in this episode is.
He's GONE!!!

Seems like the next episode is the episode i've been waiting for...
But the last few previews of the next ep looks promising too. And some of them is compared to the 'preview' bad.

Fingercrossed, and hope for a better episode next week.
chriskris91Sep 9, 2023 8:24 PM
Sep 9, 2023 8:13 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Ngl skipped a lot this ep. Can't stand Orochi screentime at all XD

Next ep should be the finale!! Keen

OP end ED still 10/10
Sep 9, 2023 8:14 PM
Aug 2022
Well that was depressing, but it looked incredible I loved the style they choose when doing these flashbacks when it went to the apples bit man that was so sad to see but Hiyori finally defeating Orochi with the help of Denjiro was great to see. Both Luffy and Kaido with massive attacks, big episode next week high expections I hope its as good if not better than some of the previous episodes. Anyway another amazing epidode yes it was turned down abit but the moments made up for it.
Sep 9, 2023 8:15 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Early_Morning

An emotional hard-hitter this time around as we see the atrocities of the past 2 decades in Wano. Just disgusting, the stuff to which the people were subjected by Kaido and Orochi. Glad Orochi finally got packed up. Also, for some reason when this chapter first dropped, I thought that when the anime got here, they would edit out the noose lol. Glad they kept it in. Can't wait for the finale of Luffy vs. Kaido next episode.

Early_Morning said:
Instead Toei wasted half of the episode showing us stuff we'd seen many times before.

Well it's not really so much Toei's fault, since this flashback stuff was literally in the manga.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 9, 2023 8:33 PM

May 2022
bro like just punch him already ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
Sep 9, 2023 8:59 PM
Jun 2022
It was a very heart touching episode it had way to much emotional moment and the animation was very well made. Toei did a great job with the flashback scene it was sad seeing how people suffered from orochi. Finally orochi is gone forever can't wait for next episode
Nidhi24Sep 9, 2023 9:02 PM
Sep 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Jul 2013
I have to admit that this was a lot more emotional than I expected it to be. We may be familiar with the suffering of Wano, its citizens, the samurai as well as Momo, Kinemon and the rest, but this episode once again illustrated all of the torment, oppression, cruelty and hopelessness that was everyday life for each of these people over these long 20 years made.

The hatred I already had towards Orochi can hardly be put into words and this only fueled it further. Without Kaido, this coward would never have been able to gain the title of Shogun and thus spread his terrible rule in Wano. The fact that he still dares to claim that the samurai lost to "him" is beyond presumptuous and the scene where starving people have no other option than to eat Faulty Smile fruits will always make my blood boil.
I was hoping someone would come to help Hiyori. However, the fact that it would actually be Denjiro of all people was extremely satisfying. It's over. We finally got rid of Orochi. No more heads to keep him alive, no more surprise returns from him. The only thing he can do now is burn in hell.

The initially shown exchange of blows between Luffy and Kaido undoubtedly had a surprise, as Kaido demonstrated another unknown technique in the form of the Flame Dragon Torch. I really like the sound of Bajrang Gun. The only question that remains is which of these two mega-attacks can withstand the other. In order for Luffy to go all out, Momo now definitely has to get everything out of himself and push Onigashima aside.

Kinda feels strange in some way that we have actually reached the end of Wano and the fight against Kaido seems to be decided next week. Nonetheless I'm super excited what the outcome will look like.

Sep 9, 2023 9:05 PM

Oct 2014
Beautiful episode in terms of sound design, art and animation.
Sep 9, 2023 9:11 PM
Dec 2019
The flashback of Kaido probably means that Luffy is gonna win soon.
Sep 9, 2023 9:30 PM
May 2023
Pags_MAL said:

could u explain y u didn't like the ep
Sep 9, 2023 9:45 PM
Jan 2022
hemanthkanna13 said:
Pags_MAL said:

there are too many flashbacks which have already been mentioned many times in the previous episodes
Sep 9, 2023 9:57 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
W-W-W-W-What the hell?!?! This is still One Piece, right? That recap was so heavy and emotional with a creative form of storytelling. That made this recap of Wano not boring at all. It was beautifully told into this heavy emotional stuff. The flow of animation for that big emotional Wano recap felt like an avant-garde or a psychological anime. Watching that just keeps making me loathe Orochi more and more. The storytelling of Wano's dark 2 decades under the reign of Orochi & Kaido brought so much impact into the viewers. All the more satisfying to witness the demise of Orochi with his last head being chopped off by the man who hated serving under him for 20 years. Orochi deserves a more painful death not gonna spoil anything else but this episode was beautifully animated, that's for sure.

We have to wait for one more week until the conclusion of this decisive battle. Argh, I'm too hyped for it!
Sep 9, 2023 10:03 PM
Aug 2022
Srsly, one of the most emmotional episodes of this month yet. I wish I could kill Orochi with my own two hands.
Sep 9, 2023 10:10 PM
Nov 2022
danieldanut6p said:
hemanthkanna13 said:

there are too many flashbacks which have already been mentioned many times in the previous episodes

they were only mentioned.. but this time we actually saw them.. this part was confirmed as wano is ending.
Sep 9, 2023 10:29 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to Early_Morning

@Early_Morning

Absolutely. The animation? Exquisite. The story progression? Less than satisfactory.
Sep 9, 2023 10:38 PM

Jun 2019
A very beautiful episode. Loved it. Emotional and beautifully animated. Looks like the fight is about to be over soon. Can't wait.
Sep 9, 2023 10:51 PM
Aug 2020
Too much backstory.
Sep 9, 2023 11:17 PM

Feb 2021
It was a really good story... All of them really hope on Luffy to defeat Kaido.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 9, 2023 11:48 PM

Sep 2020
Yep. Wano is finally at its end! I have no doubt been burnt out multiple times watching this week to week since pretty much the beginning of the arc at episode 890 but goddamn am I happy I stuck through with it. Just so many great moments have happened this year alone.....

Ofc Oda always has to go for the poetic finish with the villager's wish for Orochi to be put away juxtaposed with Denjiro cutting him which I have mixed feelings about but we move. Wait hold on, next week can't possibly be the finale of Luffy vs Kaido..... Still a few scenes that I'm sure Toei will stretch out a couple of episodes....

"๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š."- ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Sep 9, 2023 11:56 PM
Jan 2020
I'm seriously mad that people don't like this episode. It feels like such a great conclusion for the Akazaya and the land of Wanos citizens. This episode had me in the feels, major respects to Denjiro and Hiyori for finishing Orochi for real this time. The gear five scenes were immaculate and the fight should definitely end in the next episode since fans can't seem to like any other story going on besides Luffy's.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Sep 10, 2023 12:04 AM

Jan 2021
We’re all smoking on that Orochi pak rest in piss bozo !
Sep 10, 2023 12:05 AM
Aug 2023
Too much filler, although I get why they'd do it
Sep 10, 2023 12:17 AM

Feb 2015
orochi's voice actor is insane omg
Sep 10, 2023 12:30 AM
Oct 2021
We already seen all of this stuff already, they are just repeating over and over again for the last two years… this show is getting like shit.

It not moving forward… why we cannot have a decent episode… where finally Luffy can win… how many more episodes with flashbacks we should watch?
Sep 10, 2023 12:53 AM
Feb 2023
It feels like a lot of people didn't get the point of this episode.

It was supposed to be a build-up in order to make the death of Orochi more satisfying.
voaterSep 10, 2023 1:30 AM
Sep 10, 2023 1:41 AM
Oct 2020
BEST FREAKING EPISODE OF THE CENTURY <3
Sep 10, 2023 1:50 AM
Oct 2021
Stupid Direction.
But best animation.
Sep 10, 2023 1:56 AM
Feb 2020
This episode has me split. We get some really important moments, the final death of Orochi, The Bajran Gun clash starts, Kaidos final Fire Dragon Form looked great. Also, they took some real risks in term of direction and artstyle with some scenes, so there is a lot to like about this episode. But on the otherhand, this one was just boring. The chapter was on the shorter side with only 15 pages, so they had to stretch out the flashback and it was felt a lot, look at the ratings. If there were a time to adapt more than one chapter per episode, this was it.
Sep 10, 2023 2:10 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm surprised how good the directing was this episode, the choice of black and white and film grain, it was so good.
Sep 10, 2023 2:39 AM
Dec 2021
they really did it well....making momos action senseful they had to show 70% flash back but it was all good๐Ÿ”ฅ
Sep 10, 2023 3:10 AM

Dec 2021
Except kaido's fire transformation and orochi's death literally nothing happened in this episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» one of the most boring arcs - egghead

amande07 - Yesterday

27 by Early_Morning »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 552 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Jun 16, 2012

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

52 by Sawuwu »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 97 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TechDragon - Oct 22, 2009

51 by Bird »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 96 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

52 by Bird »»
10 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.