Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2023 8:24 AM

Jun 2019
They are back. The main trio is finally here and so is probably one of the most anticipated arc adaptations of recent Shounen Jump. Shibuya Incident Arc has started and will go on till the final episode of this season.

The first half was very chill and wholesome. It was nice to see all of them back and having the fun time of their life. And, it was nice to see Ozawa in the anime as well. Loved the interaction between Nobara and Yuuji on the phone. The ping-pong battle between Mei Mei and Todo was really awesome as well. LOL. Also, Yuuji's reaction to Ozawa goes to show how nice of a person he actually is. What a nice kid. That backstory was very cute.

The second half showed us the other members from Season 1. Utahime is still as pretty as ever, and Miwa is adorable. Other than that, Mahito still has that punchable face. And, we also got to see Mechamaru who is going against Mahito, now that he has his body healed. Mechamaru looks so freaking cool. Let the show begin. Another amazing episode. Can't wait for the next one. Both the new OP and ED are amazing.
Aug 31, 2023 8:24 AM

Dec 2021
The great calm before the storm.

After completing a mission one day, the trio of Itadori, Fushiguro, and Kugisaki found themselves at a crossroads. Their driver, Ijichi, takes Megumi back home while Yuji goes off to see a movie and Nobara goes into town for designer clothing. In town, Nobara runs into a girl named Yuko Ozawa. She shows Nobara a picture of her from Junior High graduation. Yuko was much heavier set then and the picture also shows her standing next to Yuji.  Nobara asks Ijichi to bring Megumi over. She wants to learn Megumi's thoughts on Yuji and denies her own feelings. Megumi arrives, annoyed. Nobara explains, and Megumi joins. They discuss Yuji's interests, doubting he has a girlfriend due to his room decor and relocation. Megumi recalls Yuji liking tall girls. Nobara and Yuko get excited, thinking she fits that description. They call Yuji. He arrives surprisingly fast, recognizing Yuko instantly. Meanwhile Todo and Mei Mei put in recommendations to promote the Tokyo Jujutsu High first and second years to grade 1 sorcerers, and the beattle between Mechamaru and Mahito begins.

Man it's nice to see our trio get into their silly little antics once again, Yuji's response to Nobara's text made me laugh "Ok" LOL. Though, after Junpei's incident, I can't help but notice the ominous signs of death flags around Ozawa. I hope I'm mistaken, as they make a cute couple. However, considering Sukuna and the curse situation, their relationship might not have a smooth path ahead. On another note that OP slaps. Not as much as the previous one but shit it stills slaps. With King Gnu returning after JJK0's theme, I had no doubts it was in good hands. It has a mysterious vibe to it, fitting for what's to come in the future. The ending by Hitsuji Bungaku has a sad vibe to it, similar to the arc were about to undergo. Not better than Akari though.

With Mechamaru v. Mahito underway, it's only a matter of time before it really starts.

IzanaSolosAug 31, 2023 8:28 AM

Aug 31, 2023 8:26 AM

May 2020
Back after almost a month and we cut straight to the chase… continuing right from the point we left things back in the first season itself. Transition does feel kind of… sudden after the whole backstory arc, but yeah that’s why we had those recaps in between lol.

Anyways, gang is back, familiar faces are back, “he my brother” jokes are back, and I’m glad they went back and adapted that one chapter when times used to be kinda peaceful. Talking about that one-off character Ozawa Yuko making her appearance, and the gang unintentionally learning about someone who used to have a crush on Itadori back in the day lol. Loved Nobara’s timely expressions, I mean they’re a kind of hilarious theme which never gets old. 

Thumbs up and 10/10 for Itadori for still not forgetting his old pals, but there’s no romance blooming here for the time being, because I mean getting back to the present means again getting to deal with creeps like Mahito and Kenjaku. Mechamaru being that mole who was leaking the information to the bad guys group which did help them back when invading the school premises, so there comes the punishment for him.

OP gets full marks for visuals, but again in terms of music, season one’s bar is too high to even come close. Already a good return. 
Aug 31, 2023 8:30 AM

Apr 2018
How long has it been since we've seen them, it feels like eternity. Aside from that, this is just the beginning of a chaos and depressing season. The first half of the episode was pure fun, alongside the ping pong battle which was great. Lastly, it's time for Mechamura who'll be fighting Mahito as the first battle.
Opening visuals are insane, clicked on them ASAP as I got a notifcation on twitter.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 31, 2023 8:38 AM

Nov 2016
Finally a new episode, finally the squad and finally Mechamaru vs Mahito. The hype is real.

Visuals for the OP are going crazy. Wasn't expecting this kind of vibe(especially the song) but it's bloody awesome. Plenty of foreshadowing as well.

I also like this little callback to the first opening. The contrast between a regular night and hell on earth

FMmatronAug 31, 2023 10:46 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 31, 2023 8:43 AM

Oct 2020
Haven't watched the episode yet, but We surely know this is just the preparation going on for the big event that's gonna drop after next episode. Sh*t's gonna get real, I doubt anime onlys can take it but I believe they will. So, just gonna wish them, "You've Got it From Here"

But yeah, The Opening is a Banger!! So many references to the events that are to come,, loved to see they are taking this seriously.

Just the fact that we're not gonna see much Gojo this season makes my heart ache.

Edit: Woah, the first half was unexpecting......and really fun,, Yuji and Ozawa's love story would've been really fun and beautiful,,the highschool scenes made me feel like a rom-com drama with a kind hearted male protagonist........

But well,, Mechamaru is gonna play a very crucial role here,, so let's pray for him.

The Ending Was Soothing,,just needed after seeing all these blood and killing here and there.
Anayan_KashyapAug 31, 2023 10:57 AM
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Aug 31, 2023 8:53 AM

Apr 2014
This gonna be the highest rated anime on mal for years to come bc anime onlys are not even remotely ready for whats bout to go down.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting
KayKimiiAug 31, 2023 10:40 AM
Aug 31, 2023 9:22 AM
Aug 2022
Yoo!! it's back with a banger!!! OP & ED Songs
Aug 31, 2023 9:37 AM
Jan 2021
Really love this little moments between the Trio.
Aug 31, 2023 9:44 AM
Mar 2022
Contender for the anime of the season... Although I'd say Bleach had a better opening episode, if they don't step up their game, it looks like Jujutsu Kaisen is going to be the Anime of the Year. 9.7/10 episode. Great animation, stellar soundtrack, awesome voice acting, a banger OP and ED. JJK fans are eating good today.

"You said it yourself. You put everything you have on those scales of yours.
Because if you merely followed others, while being lost and adrift yourself...
without ever truly weighing your decisions and consequences... then you just may come to regret everything."
Aug 31, 2023 10:17 AM
Oct 2021
An amazing start to the arc.
Aug 31, 2023 10:20 AM

Jun 2014
Y'all really bringing up Bleach and pointlessly comparing for no reason, that's crazy, acting like two bad bitches can't co-exist 💀💀💀

Well we're finally here, JJK is back and we're going to head into one of the best arcs from any of the new-gen shounen. For the anime-onlies that remained patient and didn't read ahead in the manga, strap in because this episode is probably the last lighthearted episode of JJK we'll see, and the rest of the season is gonna be a rollercoaster. I'm hyped. 

Good to see the main trio back and being goofy with each other, I loved all the comedic moments as they interacted with Yuji's old middle school classmate. Things got more serious with Mechamaru taking on Mahito, already we're jumping right into the action. We're off to a good start already and this season will continue to crescendo with each new episode. Can't wait for this ride. 

New OP is a banger, bless King Gnu 🙏 the transition from the previous OP, which had that carefree summertime feeling, to this one, that's much more dark, mysterious, and eerie, perfectly fits the transition from the previous arc to this one. And the visuals of the respective OPs also perfectly reflect that as well.  
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 31, 2023 10:21 AM
Feb 2023
Episode is great. But I am looking more forward to what comes next because wow this arc should go hard as AOT S3P2, kind of hard.
Aug 31, 2023 10:27 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see Itadori and the team again after so long. Human earthworm looks like a pretty curious movie for sure. The time for promotions has come then. Funny how that ended causing a pretty intense table tennis match between Todo and Mei. Yuko sure has changed a lot between the photos thats for sure. Getting involved in internal affairs sure is pretty rare of a mission. Mechamaru really was the perfect mole considering his skillset. Curious to see how his fight against his opponents would play out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2023 10:38 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
It's here!! I'm so excited for this arc!! We get to see everyone again!!

Mechamaru looks so good!!

The opening was amazing too!!
Aug 31, 2023 10:38 AM

Jul 2012
So glad to see Itadori, Megumi and Nobara again! It was sad to see the three of them split up at the beginning, but they came back together to hang out so they must be growing closer. Seems like Itadori's become the glue.

Mechamaru's the traitor but now he's being betrayed. Don't have a good feeling he's going to make it out unscathed after that memory flash of Miwa. Hopefully, Goju appears?

The new OP & ED are great. OP looks and sounds very chaotic, while the ED is just so calming to listen to and happy to see with the main trio together.
Aug 31, 2023 10:42 AM
Apr 2023
very intresting and cul
Aug 31, 2023 10:44 AM

Aug 2022
It's finally back! I'm so excited for this arc!
Aug 31, 2023 10:44 AM

Feb 2021
Shibuya arc here we goooo!
I have a feeling the plot of this movie may be foreshadowing something...
OP is fire, even if it isn't so intense.
Lmao I love this. Kugisaki is so funny.
10:59 What's up with the shoes on top of the shelves?
Ooooohhhhhh nooooooo I sense major death flags on her.
Miwa! Best girl!
Did he always have these at hand lol? Or I suppose he just recently prepared all of this.
20:20 Did they really not translate this? It says "Ultimate Mechamaru - Mode: Absolute armor puppet ultimate mechamaru prototype No.0"
20:48 "17 years 5 months 6 days"
Seems like he liked Miwa? Nice.
This episode was 2 minutes long I swear
Aug 31, 2023 10:45 AM
Aug 2023
KUGISAKI'S EXPRESSIONS WERE LIT.
Aug 31, 2023 10:47 AM
May 2021
That Opening is SOOOOO DAMN FIRE. Last episode before everything goes to hell too.

All the hand signals signifying the Domain Expansions and techniques is so damn cool too

Aug 31, 2023 10:47 AM
Dec 2022
yes, after around a month of waiting jujutsu kaisen is back!
“Wake Up to Reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world. The longer you live the more you will realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility. "

Aug 31, 2023 10:48 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
wow they are back and i'm so happy to witness this great arc as an anime only!!!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Jan 2009
itadoris future girlfriend eh

and the battle started mechamaru vs mahito
Oct 2022
absolute cinema 🚬
Aug 31, 2023 10:49 AM

Feb 2019
OP is kinda ass ngl the visuals slap but the song is not it.

Can’t lie though, even as a shonen/JJK hater this was a damn good episode. Loved the slice of life stuff and the general feeling of a calm before the storm. The split narrative of the kids going about their lives, hanging out, playing matchmaker, watching movies and just living contrasted with Geto and Mahito planning to uproot the order of the world was cool.

No one knows just how much this world is going to change very soon.

The mechamaru giant eva fight is also really cool.

Won’t be doing weekly write ups on JJK cause y’all know how I feel about shonen, but this ep was so good I just had to give praise where praise is due.

ED song is a vibe just don’t think it fits the arc, but oh well.
Marinate1016Aug 31, 2023 10:59 AM
Aug 31, 2023 10:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Gee, that's some start to the arc! Mechamaru might not have been the nasty traitor the Jujutsu sorcerers fear, but it'll be very tough for him (unlikely, is my bet) to get through this hurdle to clear up his name, I'd imagine. Definite red flag with Miwa-san flashing during his little moment of shine there (which btw looked freakin' dope, didn't expect mecha elements to be included here). Here's to hoping he's able to send some kind of message or hint...

First half was very well-directed, I thought. We're left to wonder whether there was a confession or not but the transition between the past and present to the train scene was cool, I'm good with that xD. Need a hand when it comes to romance? Kugisaki-san's certainly the person to consider, lmao. 

Op seems like a great fit, a contrast to the bubbly vibe from the previous arc. MAPPA really giving us the goods! As for the ED, I'm just glad to hear hitsujibungaku but I'm even happier to have seen the ED. Let's see what the hype is all about. Off to a great start, for now. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 31, 2023 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
This episode was absolutely amazing in so many ways.
Aug 31, 2023 10:53 AM

Oct 2017
JJK finally back after the break and it was a great way to start the new arc. Glad to see the trio back, the first half with them was amusing and I hope we get to see Ozawa Yuko again in the future. That feeling Nobara felt, I wonder what it was heh. Second half with Mechamaru was neat too, he gotta defeat them but it's gonna be extremely difficult. Let's see if he can.

The new OP/ED sequence are really good, liked em.
Aug 31, 2023 10:53 AM
Dec 2016
The studio really treats this series very well!! Like just because the source materials is good, everything still can be destroyed by a bad studio / studio that doesn't respect the source materials. Tokyo Ghoul, Seven Deadly Sins & Promised Neverland..

Even if JJK wasn't on top 5 I don't care anymore, I feel blessed just by becoming jjk fans ~ ❤
Akihara_JimAug 31, 2023 10:57 AM
Aug 31, 2023 10:57 AM

Jul 2011
If this was a slice of life anime, I would appreciated Yuko part. But this is JJK, people die in this anime, and not in the peaceful way. Look at Riko, in the first part.

Get in the robot Kokichi, that doesn't looks like an EVA.
Aug 31, 2023 10:58 AM
Jan 2023
OP is literally fire! and the animation looks smooth with the newer art style at first I was not a big fan of this but now 6 episodes into the new style I've started to like it a lot more as the animation is a lot smoother and shota's direction is popping off in this season, I liked his work in chainsaw man EP8 and now I like his direction and the way he tries to show things. Really love the adaptation by MAPPA for season 2.
Aug 31, 2023 11:01 AM
Sep 2015
I feel like it's a little bit too superficial to make Yuji said he like that girl in classroom just to show that he doesn't judge people based on their appearance. But it's in manga (I assumed?) so MAPPA can't change this no matter how much they want.
Aug 31, 2023 11:01 AM

Nov 2021
Incredible OP, I am not ready for what's to come
Aug 31, 2023 11:05 AM

Sep 2018
Never expected to see a Legend of the Galactic Heroes reference after the ED. I'm more of a Reuenthal guy myself, but Miwa's got good taste in men.
Aug 31, 2023 11:07 AM
Aug 2023
Such an amazing start to the greatest arc ive ever read in manga comedy was amazing and action even better animation and voice acting top notch even just op got me so hype and seeing the start of mahito vs mechimaru so hype
Aug 31, 2023 11:09 AM

Mar 2020
The main trio returns as the much anticipated Shibuya arc is here, from now until the end of this year, and I'm strapped in, ready to go for this ride. Rather chill first episode, definitely the calm before the storm as we get reacquainted with the characters. Good action with Mechamaru and Mahito, and cinematic scenes at times as well especially with some of the flashbacks. OP and ED were solid, though I'll need some time before I decide if I like these theme songs more or the ones from the previous arc.

Let the cinema begin!
Aug 31, 2023 11:12 AM
Mar 2019
at 13:08 i was smiling like an idiot satisfied thinking the episode was over, i haven’t finished watching it yet but i already its a w episode
Aug 31, 2023 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
Chill slice of life before a transition towards dangerous missions.

Mechamaru raising a deathflag, at most if lucky he may get some information out towards Gojou.
Aug 31, 2023 11:14 AM

Apr 2015
This was definitely a strong start to this arc, Enjoyed this episode so much.
Cant wait to see what all the hype in this arc is about, Also 10/10 Opening, God was it beautiful!
Aug 31, 2023 11:15 AM

Jun 2021
Gotta enjoy the SoL moment of the first half before the storm comes in. The second half starts the battle. We see Mechamaru in action against Mahito. I'm really hype for the upcoming episode knowing Shibuya incident is about to come. The animation was great already. New OP and ED are amazing.
Aug 31, 2023 11:17 AM
作画

Nov 2019
I can't take this much peak anymore, please spare me
Aug 31, 2023 11:19 AM

Feb 2022
I wonder if "Earthworm Man 4" is a foreshadowing of anything. What Mahito did to Junpei in S1 was already fucked...
Aug 31, 2023 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
OweynLupton said:
Never expected to see a Legend of the Galactic Heroes reference after the ED. I'm more of a Reuenthal guy myself, but Miwa's got good taste in men.

Ooh which part was that?
Aug 31, 2023 11:21 AM
May 2021
Peak fiction man holy shitt!! 🔥🔥 opening is absolutely banger! Seeing Mechamaru man 😅
Aug 31, 2023 11:24 AM
Dec 2019
Peak arc is upon us
Aug 31, 2023 11:25 AM

May 2013
the part with the girl whos in love with yuji is such a poor attempt at opening up his character, so useless in the grand scheme of things, they should've cut it. same with the worm-man or w/e
shibuya is so big and intense they will have to rush more important things bc of this
Aug 31, 2023 11:30 AM

Jun 2022
I'm so excited for this arc! I enjoyed this episode so much, first half was so funny! Im rlly hyped for next episode.

The opening is goated, amazing!!

Aug 31, 2023 11:32 AM

Aug 2015
I was NOT expecting that ep, the hype is REAL.
Aug 31, 2023 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
Finally episode one at a snails pace..milk it my best friend!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Too much expectations

Xmister - Yesterday

18 by Rhae »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Jul 27, 2023

489 by Northgical »»
Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

544 by Joekidd83 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

551 by Northgical »»
Yesterday, 9:08 AM

» What if this anime was animated by ufotable!!! Just imagine the quality 🔥🗿 ( 1 2 )

_SHONENLOVER_ - May 13

60 by Kech_xd »»
May 21, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.