Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 4, 2023 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
We got a beach episode with watermelons! Jokes aside, it looks like the crew is trying to build a ship for their adventure and goal.

Oh and of course, there's Ryusei who still has the most charisma (even more than Senku imo) this episode. Seems like he was destined to be part of this adventure. Ginro also had major balls to dive into the sea and swim like that to a ship. I'm actually impressed.
May 4, 2023 6:59 AM

May 2020
Crafting a ship is no easy thing, and that too when you don’t even have an already established framework to work upon. Plus the framework itself isn’t easy to design, when as compared to these days you don’t even have the aid of CAD softwares for such causes in this primitive world. But hey, when you’ve someone like Ryusui on your side, these things don’t really matter. 

Dude took upon himself to provide an exemplary model, and then it was Senku and the gang who worked upon it, bringing that model to life. And thus that’s how they acquired their sailboat. A year worth of work, and finally the ship and these people are ready to sail. I really loved how miss reporter recorded every second of this year-long hardship.. that photo journal is here to stay after all.

Now that we are ready to sail, it is obvious we would’ve divided people into two groups. The one accompanying the adventure and the one devoted to the development of the stone world, staying back at the base. The main gang is on the adventure side, and they already are to their first destination, Treasure island, the place where everything started. Lol for Ginrou though.
May 4, 2023 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
Even for a primitive era, building a ship is a mammoth task, and to speed up the process of finding Why-Man, the ship is abandoned for a small yacht. To Ryusui, although his past life was a rich man's boy, his expertise in funding has fueled his non-self-indulgence, into working hard to get the things that he wants. His motto: greed = justice, and that has worked well for him, and to build the 1:48 scale mega-sized ship that he wanted, it's Senku who can make that dream come true.

The building of Ryusui's model ship, it's going to take time, and all they can dabble in is winter sports, which Minami documents in her photography journalism, wiht Kohaku always becoming a blurry ghost-like apparition. And the timeskip of a year passing by, the expedition planned is set, and since Minami is the only one also in charge of resurrecting people, it's a gruelling effort that Senku promises that they'll go and get back in one piece with the sailing ship Perseus.

The Science Vessel Perseus departs, holding the world expedition team and leaving behind the humanitarian team to build humanity. With Ryusui in the Captain's seat, him choosing the most valuable people onboard for this journey, it's the strong and agile people who can think on their feet...plus Hyoga and Homura, which Senku has already built a mobile prison for them both. And despite Ginro not boarding the ship earlier on, he jumped into the ocean to swim all the way to catch it...and all he wanted was his own picture lols. And for better or worse, he got carried onboard by Chrome, and he's praised lilke a hero. And the first destination: the treasure island that Senku's dad crash-landed on...the birthplace of the Hundred Tales.

The adventures have begun, and it's exploration time!
May 4, 2023 8:08 AM

Jan 2013
Ryusui is the leader and star now. With him leading and providing motivation, charisma, right off the bat. Senku can now be the scientific advisor.
May 4, 2023 8:09 AM
Sep 2015
Can't find anything to complain in this episode, but how much time pass since Senku revive?

The black and white photography gives such a nostalgic feeling, and bringing prisoners on board is such a bold move.
May 4, 2023 8:20 AM
Jan 2022
Lmaooo they really put all the main characters on the ship, I honestly don't understand why the village chief too though...
May 4, 2023 8:23 AM
Aug 2020
Great ep, so emotional and funny at the same time.
May 4, 2023 8:32 AM

Dec 2020
Ryusei is really that guy he and senku are the pillar of this adventure and now they build such a ship in 1 year nice work.
Lol at the ginro wants to look cool that kinro is not alone.
Next episode is the treasure island looking forward.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sγ‚·

May 4, 2023 8:32 AM

Oct 2009
If they go on like this, in a few episodes they should all look like Kaseki, I swear.... yet they haven't changed one single bit from how we first met them.
Not that I'm complaining...
May 4, 2023 8:38 AM

Jan 2009
the ship is finished

lol at Ginro though
May 4, 2023 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
This arc is great but it goes way too fast, i understand why 24 episodes would have maybe been too much for this season but 13 to 14 episodes wouldn't have been too much to ask no?
Deep dark fantasies
May 4, 2023 9:23 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Seeing everything sped through to quickly make the ship made me miss the days when there was more focus on each step in the process of making something, but I get that it’s to focus more on the plot this time around, there were a lot of fun moments sprinkled throughout tho, like Kohaku appearing as a blur in every picture and the creation of swimsuits. That being said, it was great to finally see the ship of science finished, and with the very fitting name Perseus, the design looks really awesome too.

And with the crew selected, it’s time to head to where the astronauts originally landed after the petrifaction beam happened, I’m really interested in seeing what they find there. Also ngl I forgot about the guys they had in prison lol, this is the first time they’ve mentioned them this season I think, and I’m willing to bet they’ll be a plot point later on. And rip Ginro at the end there lol, might’ve been his silliest idea yet and now he’s part of the ship crew as well.
May 4, 2023 9:30 AM
May 2021
Peak ep! Its time for the gang to split up, yessir.
May 4, 2023 9:39 AM

Oct 2022
This first part is a bit boring (i liked better how they presented the inventions in the previous season), let's hope a change of pace (more action and impactful when they will meet other humans).

May 4, 2023 9:58 AM

Feb 2019
Finally! The journey begins. Ryusei and senku make a great team as Ryusei’s navigational and leadership skills allow senku to focus on the science aspects. Proud of my boy Ginro for overcoming his fear and coming on the expedition anyway!
May 4, 2023 10:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow one whole year but the boat is finally ready!! Goodbye to the other ones and the boat departed but Ginro took the karma and forced himself to join by mistake ahahaha, this is so deserved xD
May 4, 2023 10:32 AM
Dec 2014
I wonder if it was foreshadowing when Ryusui said that you don't want people on the ship who are there against their will, and then Ginro getting hauled onboard even though he doesn't want to be there (even though it's his own fault)...
May 4, 2023 10:35 AM

Jun 2019
They finally set the sail out for the outside world and now they're on their way. Can't wait for the adventures. Ginro. LMAO
May 4, 2023 10:55 AM

Sep 2020
The ship is finally finished! The group photo looks awesome, and Ginrou swimming to the ship scene is very funny.
May 4, 2023 11:17 AM

Jan 2018
Man, I loved the ship-building. It's now finally finished! I guess treasure island has the space shuttle, which might have valuable information.

Now that I remember, I think there were 2 members of Senku's father's team who went off to an island and never came back. I don't think we were told what became of them. I'm guessing their descendants will come into action soon.

Lmao. Ginro wanted to act cool and ended up paying for it. Hopefully he's actually helpful in the mission though.
May 4, 2023 12:08 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The science vessel Perseus is complete and now they can finally set sail to the new world, but now they have to go to treasure island to obtain a valuable item.
May 4, 2023 12:11 PM
Jul 2022
CheesyMAL said:
Lmaooo they really put all the main characters on the ship, I honestly don't understand why the village chief too though...

yea man now only kohaku's sister is on the camp ot of the main cast well im kinda happy that most of them are on the ship but it kinda feels too predictable
May 4, 2023 12:25 PM

Aug 2019
Ryuusui making money trading options didn't make any sense, seems like finance stuff isn't handled anywhere nearly as accurately as the science stuff in the show, but to be expected Ig

May 4, 2023 12:42 PM
Oct 2016
The science vessel sets sail! The kingdom of science has completed their world traversing ship after a year of constriction. Greed equals justice and we won't be denied the things we want just because they seem out of reach. Even though the big ship they wanted was too difficult to make without proper expertise they still could make a great ship from a smaller model. Ryusui build the model and then Senku scale it out using certain tools. Minami speaking very ominously about her future concerned me a somewhat but she took some nice pictures over the course of the ship's construction. Chronicling how the kingdom of science operates is important for future prosperity. Everyone pitching in always makes me so happy to see in this show, they all come together for these big efforts. Very cool scene with the names being called to board the ship. Gotta take all the powerful warriors in the village since we don't know how strong the enemy really is. Even taking criminals in case they can help in any fights. The dangerous journey begins but first a pit stop.
May 4, 2023 12:51 PM
Jun 2022
The one thing I'm scared for in this show is that it's starting to get too many secondary characters that don't really get any moments to really shine but I'm happy there's still time to pull of a great joke for a character like Ginro
May 4, 2023 1:00 PM
Jan 2020
Is it just me or are the episodes getting better and better
May 4, 2023 1:09 PM
Feb 2022
Superjarne123 said:
The one thing I'm scared for in this show is that it's starting to get too many secondary characters that don't really get any moments to really shine but I'm happy there's still time to pull of a great joke for a character like Ginro

wdym they don't get to shine? the reporter got to shine and francois got to shine, and i am sure rysusui will use his greed to take up a bunch of screen time.
May 4, 2023 1:10 PM
Feb 2022
MC_TUMER said:
Is it just me or are the episodes getting better and better

Not just you. Love the introduction of WHY-man. A scary opponent that can maybe match senku in strenght and intelligence.
May 4, 2023 1:15 PM

Oct 2017
A new arc begins and i feel a mixed feeling of hype and fear.
May 4, 2023 1:18 PM

Feb 2014
Considering the technology that they had, building the ship that Ryusui desired would take plenty of time to finish properly. It took the best part of one year for the ship to be fully completed, although it was nice to get to see the other things that happened during that timeskip, from making skis and snowboards to have Winter sports, the Ryusui being a chad by suggesting swimwear during the summer, which led to a short, but sweet fanservice part of the episode.

Multiple times, Kohaku was having so much fun that always ended up looking like a ghostly blur on the pictures! XD

I'm not surprised that the vast majority of the main and supporting cast are the ones to join the crew setting sail for the open sea, with Ginro making himself a last second addition after having second thoughts, but with enough training given to the other citizens left behind, I'm sure that they will be fine looking after everything there.

A pretty fun episode that has made good progress in the story. The first stop will be the same island that Senku's father and his space crew landed on all those years ago. That has be hyped for next time! ^_^
May 4, 2023 1:31 PM
Jun 2022
Houtblokje said:
Superjarne123 said:

wdym they don't get to shine? the reporter got to shine and francois got to shine, and i am sure rysusui will use his greed to take up a bunch of screen time.

In season 1, when the cast was smaller, every side character really had some significant moments in the story while in season 2 those same characters get less and less to do, they are all still there but are mostly used for one liners in some compilations for when they are working on something like "hey they are working on the farm again, time for a short Magma and Yo joke".

It's obviously not like the side characters aren't getting moments any more, you gave some nice examples, it's just that there are so many now and there isn't enough time to give each one enough attention

Like Nikki for example, she hasn't had any real moments yet after her introduction, just part of the gang which is cool and all but I hope characters like her get more cool moments.

That's why I'm happy this episode spent a pretty significant amount of time on someone like Ginro, last time he had a fun/cool moment was in season 1 I'd say
May 4, 2023 1:36 PM
Feb 2021
few things...

one peice
this ep seemed to last forever
Perseus is a fye name if u think about it
May 4, 2023 1:49 PM
May 2020
and off they go!!! new trials and tribulations on this ship conquest
May 4, 2023 2:18 PM
Dec 2018
whyman should be wary of the science team. Lets go!
May 4, 2023 3:28 PM
Sep 2021
I'm excited for the next episode.
May 4, 2023 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
Loved the photo moment and the expidition crew is packed. The upcoming episodes will be hype.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 4, 2023 3:44 PM

May 2016
Ryusui surely made this anime much more enjoyable for me.
May 4, 2023 4:55 PM

Aug 2019
Now this is where the adventure begins.
May 4, 2023 5:06 PM
Mar 2023
I can't wait for them to finish animating the other chapters on the island
May 4, 2023 5:27 PM
Aug 2020
Another great episode, I can not wet to see the next one.

I’m curious…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 4, 2023 6:54 PM

Feb 2014
Maaan, I can't wait for the other characters appearing in the last 6 episodes! This is gonna amazing. πŸ’œ
May 4, 2023 7:00 PM
Apr 2023
I enjoyed this. It brought me joy.
May 4, 2023 7:09 PM
Nov 2019
Naturally every important character ends up on the ship.
May 4, 2023 7:51 PM
Oct 2021
Best ep of Dr.Stone.. πŸ’—
May 4, 2023 8:07 PM
Dec 2019
The voyage is beginning! This is going to be epic, finally get to see the rest of the world!
May 4, 2023 8:29 PM
Apr 2023
They finally built a ship after finding fuel and raw resources. Naming it Perseus really is intuitive, knowing they will go against a potential petrification monster enemy.

While building a ship itself is monumental as it is, the actual sea navigation is also an epic proportion even on paper. Just the pacific and probably the Atlantic will be brutal and will need expert navigation (and some sort of meteorology for the weather). Going on water now, they will have less resources for taking on unforeseen conflicts as well (not to mention who and what they will encounter upon their arrival).
But Ryusui's greed indeed is noble, driving his perseverance and putting his hard-earned skills into use finally.

I wish they could've also taken with them more people but someone needs to hold the fort after all. They also need to keep the population growing. Pretty sure they left notes for the people left back home so the knowledge transfer can keep going (for the younger people left).

Hopefully, they can recover valuable tools and information from the Soyuz capsule. They might also find some pointers about the initial green light incident there.

Overall, this has been another exciting episode!
May 4, 2023 9:10 PM

Mar 2023
Oh my god every episode is making me more hyped for whats to come!!! They finished the ship and are heading to the island where the astronauts landed at?? THATS SO COOL I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY WILL FIND!!!! although with practically everything being destroyed due to how long its been besides the Buddha statue and Senku's dads glass record message, i honestly dont know how the space pod would have survived for that long. then again it showed it was being covered by a tree but still. anyways once again a 10/10
My Candys!

May 4, 2023 9:11 PM
Feb 2023
Errorqwerty said:
peak episode this season is soo good unlike overrated oshi no ko

bud hating out of no where
May 4, 2023 10:24 PM

Feb 2016
Ginro is so fkng annoying, he shoul've stayed.
Sorry if my english is bad (γ£Λ˜β–½Λ˜)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 4, 2023 10:44 PM

Dec 2020
Well, off to the Treasure Island!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2023

193 by Rithic »»
May 26, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2023

186 by Winry_R »»
May 26, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2023

94 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 7, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2023

108 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 7, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2023

120 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 7, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.