Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spy Classroom (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2023 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
Another challenge for our spies huh? I feel like this is part of Klaus and his list of favorite hobbies now.

But hey, we got more storytelling and background info on Sara. I feel like they're really giving the entire cast its time to shine. Sara seems like a friendly girl among the cast.
Stark700Feb 16, 2023 6:16 AM
Feb 16, 2023 6:45 AM

Apr 2016
Well, i guess this week we took a break from all the assassination attempts ? Cause frankly, not only the audience, but the very mansion itself had enough of it, lol, barely holding together from all the incompetence. Also, the animal girl got a bit focus ? I guess ? ... .. . barely ?

Dude, they even doing the heavy brush character overlay meme format, lmao. And honestly, i am not surprised that this one is also getting a delayed for a week.
Feb 16, 2023 6:59 AM

Apr 2014
Erna was so adorable. Lily betrayed her team for food again and again. 😂
After 7 episodes, finally, they mentioned the word 'Hebi'. I really hope we will be back on track with the second volume starting from the next episode. Otherwise,
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 16, 2023 7:35 AM

Jul 2017
Oh God, still within the confines of the flashback...but trading in character development for these past few episodes.

Lamplight still devoted to their training before the death-defying Impossible Mission, and Erna getting all scared from a possible ghost sighting to have Sara's animals help calm her down, and the latter being the one repairing the manor all this while, while the others get their good night's rest, she, like Klaus, is the lowest in the pecking order of the group. Klaus treats Lamplight with the finest of details, like cooking meals for them for rewards.

But like everything in the manor, everything has to be earned. And a contest of keeping the manor clean to win the tenderloin steak for dinner, Lamplight's strategies just doesn't seem to measure up to Klaus's perfection, going for the comedy aspect to pull all the stops. To be a great spy means discerning the good from the bad, and whatever the Lamplight girls have in mind in this CGDST (Cute Girls Doing Spy Things)-like fashion, it's clearly working against them. And Sara, codename Meadow, proves why she is Lamplight's resource spy, utilizing her animals to help the others, and being praised by Klaus for her efforts. Klaus is an animal lover, but he sure isn't hiding the fact that the animals like dog Johnny hate him.

A new lead and a new target, hopefully we can pick up speed on the LN adaptation.

In the right circumstances, even the lowest of the low shines, and Sara shines this episode.

AkeZZZ said:
WOW this is bad...no wonder this feels damn slow.
Feb 16, 2023 8:00 AM

May 2020
Don't know if the one directing this adaptation is a fresh college passout with no prior experience or the committee just forgot to check upon the CV of the man who's actually doing this job, because no way the direction choice feels like something any person who have had a past track record of any kind would go with.

Impossible mission on 4th episode and then we're doing the character research... no wonder LN adaptations are utter garbage 9 out of 10 times.
Feb 16, 2023 8:10 AM

Jul 2021
They've stooped to fan service now,
and I've been wondering isn't that Erna girl meant to be like the Kuroko of the group, isn't she meant to be inconspicuous for their mission? how come she basically has the most screentime ?

Feb 16, 2023 9:03 AM

Mar 2021
Erna is just so cute and Sara is my favourite so far,  it sucks that the next episode is delayed but at least it is only 1 week
Feb 16, 2023 9:30 AM

Feb 2019
Feel and this production committee are war criminals. I’ll never understand why you adapt a popular LN series only to butcher it like this.

The purpose of an LN adaptation is to promote the source material but this isn’t motivating me or anyone else to peep the LNs, lmao. I did grab them because they were 40 percent off at my local barnes and noble closing sale but j would never pay full price based on this adaptation.

Like why the hell do we need a 30 min ep of them cleaning a damn house.
Feb 16, 2023 10:03 AM

Jan 2015
So they don't even care about their own established rules. Unless I'm mistaken, this is still before the mission, right? The whole thing about Erna is they had to make her secret member because the mansion was tapped, but they doesn't seem to care about that anymore.
Feb 16, 2023 10:40 AM

Apr 2010
Marinate1016 said:
Feel and this production committee are war criminals. I’ll never understand why you adapt a popular LN series only to butcher it like this.

The purpose of an LN adaptation is to promote the source material but this isn’t motivating me or anyone else to peep the LNs, lmao. I did grab them because they were 40 percent off at my local barnes and noble closing sale but j would never pay full price based on this adaptation.

The LN author was trilled to see this SS from the SS volume 1 be adapted, it’s one of his/her favs.

SpyRoom is a story that kept most characters in the background for a while, they weren’t even named aside for the hair color but that approach isn’t anime friendly at all, so they had to come up with another angle for the adaptation, hence doing the SS vol 1 now, before vol 2.

Lots of positive comments from the jp fan base as well, and for the record it’s the LN getting the 2nd biggest anime boost after tenshi.
Feb 16, 2023 10:41 AM

Feb 2007
So... Mr. Johnny just won against Sensei, right? :D
Feb 16, 2023 10:44 AM

Feb 2019
TiagoCosta said:
Marinate1016 said:

The LN author was trilled to see this SS from the SS volume 1 be adapted, it’s one of his/her favs.

SpyRoom is a story that kept most characters in the background for a while, they weren’t even named aside for the hair color but that approach isn’t anime friendly at all, so they had to come up with another angle for the adaptation, hence doing the SS vol 1 now, before vol 2.

Lots of positive comments from the jp fan base as well, and for the record it’s the LN getting the 2nd biggest anime boost after tenshi.

JP mfs gas anything so positive reaction isn’t a surprise. Orphan anime is getting gased on JP twit too lmao
Feb 16, 2023 10:51 AM

Mar 2020
24 minutes of people cleaning a house. Yeah, that's where we're at, plus the random fan service and paper cutter looking designs did not help this episode out in any way. Just a series in the mud because of structural issues, and it's doomed because of it. I'm hearing that the anime has boosted LN sales for this a lot, the second biggest boost behind Angel Next Door, and what can I say, that doesn't surprise me at all.
Feb 16, 2023 11:39 AM

Jan 2011
so we finally moving to post "impossible mission" next week? 
Feb 16, 2023 12:16 PM

Jan 2021
Man they tried to attack Klaus so much that they basically ruined the whole mansion lmfao, It was chaotic. 

Another challenge for the girls from Klaus, this time its for an steak, and they all want it for themselves. 

We even got an look into the past for Sara when she was in another academy and she basically was treated like crap. 

The whole cast shone through the whole episode and Sara stood in the spotlight as well and Klaus was happy for her so that's good. 

They lost 5-0 to Klaus so they ended up needing to share the steak though, lol but at least they took up Sara's offer to watch after the house as well and do some chores from time to time. 
Feb 16, 2023 12:57 PM

May 2019
So in this episode the focus was on Sara, the self proclaimed "weakest" member of the team. She is handy though, both with repairs and with animals so she's definitely useful. At the end of the episode the other girls decided to help with maintenance so that was good, especially for Sara to get some good sleep.

The post-credits scene hinted that the sniper may be part of a spy team called "Serpent." I wonder if that means that the next episode will progress past the Impossible Mission.
Feb 16, 2023 12:57 PM
Sep 2019
Man, I guess I'm the only one who likes this anime now.
Feb 16, 2023 1:27 PM
Nov 2022
luinthoron said:
So... Mr. Johnny just won against Sensei, right? :D

unrelated but i love your pfp <3
Feb 16, 2023 1:40 PM
Apr 2022
Mcsuper said:
24 minutes of people cleaning a house. Yeah, that's where we're at, plus the random fan service and paper cutter looking designs did not help this episode out in any way. Just a series in the mud because of structural issues, and it's doomed because of it. I'm hearing that the anime has boosted LN sales for this a lot, the second biggest boost behind Angel Next Door, and what can I say, that doesn't surprise me at all.
Nope, it is not doomed. It is the opposite. It is one of the few anime that will actually stick around. 
When it comes to Kadokawa, success is primarily measured by circulation. If you are a new series, you have to be within the top 10 best selling light novel series. Otherwise any possibility of lasting more than 2 cours is completely gone, and cancellation is like guaranteed.
https://twitter.com/Josu_ke/status/1623384008791916545/photo/1
It is Kadokawa's top selling light novel series for January and outsold Tensura which is considered a titan. It continued within January
https://twitter.com/Josu_ke/status/1625217045657710593/photo/1
Not to mention it has already a figure for sale and more on the way
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-150942
The anime page is already past 100k followers.
https://twitter.com/spyroom_anime

Feb 16, 2023 2:46 PM

Mar 2010
Too much training stuff.. And the missinos are kinda wack. And Animals are all cool but they shit everywhere.. idk the only good part was when they got soaked with the shower head.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 16, 2023 3:20 PM
Nov 2019
It's taken 7 episodes, but this is finally a Spy Classroom episode that I actually enjoy.
It was actually funny at times, and some good moments with Sara too.
Feb 16, 2023 3:45 PM

Oct 2022
This time they focus on Sara, well she's the cutest so no complaints, Sara is one of the quieter girls and she was not especially talented in Spy Training. Now the house Lamplight are staying in is falling apart, thanks to all the destructive traps set by the girls to take down Klaus- even though none of them worked. Now it turns out Sara is fixing up the place during nights while everyone is asleep. Everyone except Klaus of course (does the man ever sleep?)
He tricks the girls into a competition to do repairs to the manor, but Sara likes the idea. In the end she's given a tasty cut of that steak. Not sure what her handyman skills are going to be in the Spy world, if the car breaks down behind enemy lines- she'd be the one to rely on.
Feb 16, 2023 4:02 PM

Feb 2021
So they really gonna be adapting short stories instead of the actual volumes? 

We are on episode 7 and we still haven't started volume 2 yet. 
Feb 16, 2023 5:28 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
The girls vs Klaus once again but this time in a cleaning competition?

Sara gets the spotlight this week, we get a bit of background info on her and why she decided to become a spy. To mainly help her family financially.

The cleaning competition went as you would expect. The girls try to mess him up but instead mess themselves up, Klaus wins 5-0. But Sara had her moment during the last contest utilising her animal companions to try and win. Klaus still wins in the end but Sara gets Klaus's praise in the end. She also works up the courage to ask the girls to help with repairing the manor (before we see that she has been the one helping out repair the manor before). Sara seems like a nice girl, nice to see some development on her. Also Klaus seems to like animals, and it was kinda obvious that he was hiding a little pain when Johnny bit him lol.

Speaaaaaking of development, we finally get some progress in the present time with Klaus getting news that there is a new lead on the sniper who shot Guido. That they are a potential member of the empires top spy team Serpent. 

With the girls on holiday and a new lead. I kinda wish we get a whole episode set in the present time (after the impossible mission). But it seems we will have to wait 2 weeks cause of another delay ffs. 
I mean atleasts its only 2 weeks that's not to bad.

Feb 16, 2023 5:42 PM

Jun 2022
I'm glad we get Sara time to shine since she is a big animal lover so she gets a pass for me. Now I would like to get an episode focused on the eyepatch girl because she is one of my favorite characters. 
Feb 16, 2023 5:44 PM

Apr 2022
welp, some fanservice and fixing up the mansion. klaus screwed up for the first time, with the dog. 

been wondering for a while if this show is even about spies at all but it seems we're finally getting into the "impossible mission" soon.
Feb 16, 2023 9:02 PM
Aug 2022
The part when Klaus was biten by dog was funny. pretending though 😂
Feb 16, 2023 10:28 PM

Jul 2015
Honestly, this feels like a generic, shitty gatcha game adaptation at this point with this overabundance of irrelevant characters in the main cast, who only waste screentime.

Feb 17, 2023 5:38 AM

Oct 2017
Kind of a fun Sara focus episode this time. Erna was really adorable. Also looks like it's time for next arc.
Feb 17, 2023 7:24 AM
Dec 2022
i agree with you for real
Feb 17, 2023 7:35 AM
Jan 2018
Animal lover spy might be my 2nd best girl now lol
Feb 17, 2023 9:14 AM
Oct 2020
MadanielFL said:
So they really gonna be adapting short stories instead of the actual volumes? 

We are on episode 7 and we still haven't started volume 2 yet. 
it seems they might start adapting volume 2 next episode since in the post credit scence they mensioned the spy team serpent
Feb 18, 2023 3:00 AM
Nov 2021
what was that external white colored layer?
Feb 18, 2023 11:15 AM
Nov 2022
I loved the episode, the approach that was given to Sara seemed excellent to me, although we did not know much about her past, at least we have more information on why she became a spy, in turn, I also liked the dynamics of the "contest ", which they did to repair the mansion.

In the final part they leave a kind of "cliffhanger" to hook you and make you wait until March, since they are going to take a break from the transmissions, bruh, honestly I don't believe the excuse that it's because of the covid 19 anymore, in personally, I suppose that there may be something more than simply delaying production times.
Feb 19, 2023 5:39 AM
Mar 2021
so the whole purpose of this episode was actually to show that Erna has a great ass?
Feb 19, 2023 7:44 AM

Sep 2020
Literally the only character I like is Lily, she's cute and very funny, especially those hilarious reactions.
Feb 19, 2023 10:35 AM

Jan 2021
Wasn't this anime about spies?
Roxy

Feb 19, 2023 1:56 PM

May 2018
It is really cute watching everyone fighting for their lives in order to get some beef steak. Anyways I'm so happy that we're finally back to the 'present' time again.
Feb 19, 2023 1:57 PM

May 2018
KANLen09 said:
Oh God, still within the confines of the flashback...but trading in character development for these past few episodes.

Lamplight still devoted to their training before the death-defying Impossible Mission, and Erna getting all scared from a possible ghost sighting to have Sara's animals help calm her down, and the latter being the one repairing the manor all this while, while the others get their good night's rest, she, like Klaus, is the lowest in the pecking order of the group. Klaus treats Lamplight with the finest of details, like cooking meals for them for rewards.

But like everything in the manor, everything has to be earned. And a contest of keeping the manor clean to win the tenderloin steak for dinner, Lamplight's strategies just doesn't seem to measure up to Klaus's perfection, going for the comedy aspect to pull all the stops. To be a great spy means discerning the good from the bad, and whatever the Lamplight girls have in mind in this CGDST (Cute Girls Doing Spy Things)-like fashion, it's clearly working against them. And Sara, codename Meadow, proves why she is Lamplight's resource spy, utilizing her animals to help the others, and being praised by Klaus for her efforts. Klaus is an animal lover, but he sure isn't hiding the fact that the animals like dog Johnny hate him.

A new lead and a new target, hopefully we can pick up speed on the LN adaptation.

In the right circumstances, even the lowest of the low shines, and Sara shines this episode.

AkeZZZ said:
WOW this is bad...no wonder this feels damn slow.
now that's a big yikes if I've ever seen one. Aren't LN adaptations usually paced the speed of light and rushed horrendously?
Feb 19, 2023 9:41 PM
Mar 2022
Sooo am I good to drop this anime or will it get better? 7 episodes in and it is by far the worst show this season that I put on my list to watch. I really hate not seeing an anime all the way though until the end but it feels like a chore to watch this shit. Will it get any more interesting?
Feb 20, 2023 4:23 AM

Mar 2012
This shit is just getting more and more boring, still don't understand how their useless training helped them accomplish the impossible mission, also weren't they supposed to pretend to be only 7 during their training?
Feb 22, 2023 1:41 AM
Oct 2019
Sara focus episode.

Klaus making a contest to make everyone repairing the house.

Looks like we going after mission impossible next episode???
Feb 24, 2023 1:26 AM

May 2021
"So where did you keep the sweets?"

"In my tummy"

I'm taking notes here.

Feb 28, 2023 1:58 PM

Sep 2020
Mcsuper said:
When the adaptation is bad but story maybe actually good, that is to be expected. Bad adaptation brings decent money
Mar 1, 2023 6:44 PM

Dec 2018
garbage. absolute trash dumpster fire. idk who the hell is at the wheel but they need to be fired.
Mar 2, 2023 1:38 AM
Jul 2019
Yeah the story is just going nowhere at this point. No idea if there is any direction at all, this is probably one of the worst adaptions I have seen.
Mar 3, 2023 6:52 AM
Feb 2021
it was a good episode
Mar 11, 2023 4:54 AM

Aug 2013
This time it's a Sara focused episode. After all those failed attempts in catching Klaus, It's no wonder the house started falling apart.

Mar 14, 2023 3:20 PM

Nov 2009
Cestlavie_ said:
They've stooped to fan service now,
and I've been wondering isn't that Erna girl meant to be like the Kuroko of the group, isn't she meant to be inconspicuous for their mission? how come she basically has the most screentime ?

Her mission is to not be found out as a 8th member by not making too much noise or have other ppls speaking her name inside the manor.

Erna can still walk around and talk normally, as there's only "audio recording", no Cameras.

And the recording is only inside the manor, outside of the manor everyone can interact with her normally.

___ ___ ___

And yea... Erna still taking most of the hits from everyone's daily life of trying to take down the teach. poor girl.

And apparently it's Sara that's been repairing the house after every attempt. Here I thought Teach was doing that.

___ ___ ___

LOL @ Lily dreaming about stealing cookies...

And then Teach served the girls bunch of good food and told them about the steak.

While the girls were chanting "SENSEI SENSEI SENSEI"

Only to then JEBAIT them the food might not be for them, LOOOOL

And the chant turns into "NIKU NIKU NIKU" LOOOOOL

___ ___ ___

Teach is a mastermind.

He made it a contest on who can fix parts of the manor the fastest.

But of course, Teach is the fastest, LOL.

Also, Lily , NICE SABOTAGE, VERY GOOD. I like it, keep up the good work.

And then Lily goes "NIKU NIKU" like a psycho going crazy for food...

Nice animals teamwork. Tho... if the teach has the sprayer... why didn't the girls just get a sprayer too? why were they doing it by hand?

___ ___ ___

Also... they technically completed "beating the teach" mission in this episode.

If only Johnny the doggie was part of the Spy Group, LOOOOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 22, 2023 1:27 AM

Mar 2013
This is a very lovely series. Sad to see this getting a score below than 7 but whatever, 9/10 for me. I enjoy this series as it is but since the so called source readers were complaining about this adaptation. meh ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯.

My best girl for this series, currently, will be Grette. Her character design, posture, attitude, her all are all GREAT! 👀😅😏 (don't quote me on that)

This kind of fan service is okay, it's not overly done. At the very least, fortunately, we didn't get them in their lingerie (borderline-okay) or worse, butt naked. Watching lovely girls like these do their own thing are quite endearing to watch.
CrazyButNot4UApr 22, 2023 1:41 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2023

90 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2023

62 by vaindied »»
Mar 6, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

62 by adbeaver »»
Feb 12, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

42 by adbeaver »»
Feb 12, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2023

62 by adbeaver »»
Feb 8, 8:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.