Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2022 7:05 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
I'm getting extreme feelings of Déjà Vu.

Didn't Kobeni have a brother?
KayKimiiDec 20, 2022 7:12 AM
Dec 20, 2022 7:08 AM

Dec 2020
This has to be one of Kobenis siblings
DeFa-Dec 20, 2022 7:25 AM

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓿𝓪𝓵𝓾𝓮.
𝓘𝓷 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵,
𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰.

Dec 20, 2022 7:12 AM

Jan 2009
Yoshida and the fake Chainsaw Man is also trapped eh

and is that a new scared Kobeni like character lol
Dec 20, 2022 7:12 AM

Apr 2019
Didn't liked this chapter. I was hoping for more stuff to happen. I hope the next chapter will be better.

Overall chapter rating:-3/5
Dec 20, 2022 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah that's definitely Kobeni's sibling or something. That hell devil foreshadowing though
Dec 20, 2022 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
This chapter was fine BUT HOLY COW KOBENI JUNIOR. Hope he has the same amount of lucky Kobeni had in part 1.
Dec 20, 2022 7:18 AM
Jul 2016
i was expecting chainsaws this chapter, only to receive fakesaws, im immeasurably fuming
Dec 20, 2022 7:20 AM
Mar 2022
Well, I wonder if Denji is going to do anything. I honestly feel like if fake chainsawman reveals his "identity", he's probably not going to care at all

Sad for Asa though, maybe Denji can comfort her?? Not sure if he already walked off though, at least it's only 7 days until the next chapter
Dec 20, 2022 7:20 AM

Jan 2009
ye this part 2 is really different its slow pace https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2053636
Dec 20, 2022 7:21 AM

Aug 2021
I think he's kobeni's elder brother, remember Kobeni's parents forced her into work to support her elder brother to be able to go to college, and that kobeni 2.0 said he joined the devil hunter club because his mom said it'd give him a scholarship hmmmmmm
Dec 20, 2022 7:21 AM

Jan 2008
Mehh, a pretty underwhelming chapter and I somehow felt Fujimoto wasted too many panels on irrelevant things.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Dec 20, 2022 7:24 AM
May 2021
Interesting chapter, not much info given but hopefully the next chapter will give us an insight on this look alike of kobeni & how this irrelevant chainsaw man fake, what his plan is.
Dec 20, 2022 7:24 AM

Jul 2019
It just came to this point

SnoviaDec 20, 2022 7:42 AM
Dec 20, 2022 7:28 AM
Jun 2019
Asa got a huge L in this chapter.
Dec 20, 2022 7:29 AM

May 2015
Fakesaw Man is a jerk and we got someone who is very similar to kobeni. I hope denji doesn't get flashbacks from this.
Dec 20, 2022 7:39 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like they're going through the same stuff that our old cast went through. LOL. Denji is a funny boy and I love him. Is that Kobeni's brother? LOL. Great chapter.
Dec 20, 2022 7:45 AM

Jul 2021
Eh just a phone drop, they are overestimating Asa too much just because she's ahead of them.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 20, 2022 7:45 AM

Nov 2019
Why is Fujimoto repeating things from part 1? It has to mean something, otherwise it will be dissapointing.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Dec 20, 2022 7:47 AM
Jul 2016
Man, no wonder Denji wants to be seen as Chainsaw Man. Yoshida here gets all the praise and accolades from being a devil hunter while still in high school, while Denji gets treated like he knows nothing! Granted, Denji is a complete dumbass, but he at least knows a thing or two more about actual devil hunting than the devil-hunters' club. He's being devil-plained.

Anyway, Yoshida's back! I missed him! Denji still hates him lmao! But these two probably have a lot in common as high school devil-hunters, so I hope they can be great friends! (Yoshida please don't be evil or turn on Denji 🙏 Remember BFFs4Life)

Asa ruins everything once again 🥺. She hates eating fish, she breaks her cellphone (love how everyone balls her out for having a cellphone in highschool), and she gets balled out by the club president and sent to the hallway for punishment.

If anything, Asa likes having Denji around. "At least I'm not like Denji, who's a THIEF!". Nevermind what his thievery is for though.

Edit: Asa also gets another tick in the autism checklist for "food aversion". It goes nicely with her refusal to turn cats into weapons. Is she vegetarian? IDK, check back on the manga to see if she ever eats any meat.

Also Denji never got to see the penguins 🐧. Let him see the penguins, Tatsuki Fujimoto!!! ✊️

Edit 2: if I had to guess, one of the poor side characters is gonna get killed and turned into a devil if the Famine Devil actually decides to attack. It's not gonna be Denji, because of plot reasons. I'm not sure Asa has the guts to kill on purpose. But her guilt is immeasurable, and does it really matter if it's not Denji.

Edit 3:: the Famine Devil is WEAK. She didn't actually starve them lmao. Even the Eternity Devil left the group with limited rations, not HEAPS OF FISH + lots of water. Worse case, they run out of kindling or their lighter goes dead - then they got to eat raw fish. Oh God, Asa's refusal to eat fish is gonna save her ass from mercury poisoning or anisakiasis (fish parasite) poisoning. Chainsaw Man might be fine through? That would be the funniest way to die! That's how our protagonists gets out as soon as one of them gets an allergic reaction! That's why the manga mentions the concept of fish allergy, it's a Chekhov's gun!
erikkamirsDec 20, 2022 8:23 AM
Dec 20, 2022 8:09 AM

Sep 2021
the_rafid said:
Asa got a huge L in this chapter.

doesn't she get it every chapter /s
Dec 20, 2022 8:11 AM

Jan 2009
filtrekahve said:

can the author break the cycle?
Dec 20, 2022 8:11 AM

Mar 2021
Denji is just chillin fr

Dec 20, 2022 8:13 AM

Oct 2017
And she messes up yet again lol.
Dec 20, 2022 8:18 AM

Mar 2015
The eternity devil must have something against the Kobeni family with how they keep getting trapped by it!
Dec 20, 2022 8:30 AM

Jun 2014
Yea that's definitely gotta be a younger sibling of Kobeni lol. Looks like we're getting an Eternity Devil arc part 2 right now. And bruh of course Asa slips and breaks her phone 💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 20, 2022 8:47 AM

Sep 2015
yoshida's expressions in this chapter were killing me istg
Dec 20, 2022 9:03 AM
Jun 2020
If Asa and Denji don't hatefuck by the end I will be extremely disappointed
Dec 20, 2022 9:16 AM

May 2019
Poor Asa. I want to give her a hug.
Dec 20, 2022 9:21 AM
Sep 2019
KayKimii said:
I'm getting extreme feelings of Déjà Vu.

Didn't Kobeni have a brother?

Not only you bro
Little by little I was like, are they remaking the eternity devil incident ? 😅
Dec 20, 2022 9:22 AM

May 2020
Liked how it just took a wimpy cry from that dude for everyone to recognize he's related to Kobeni.. aside from the looks obviously.

Though fun to see Denji still living the life even in the midst of eternity devil sequence 2.0. Oh wait, it was the same last time too lol.
Dec 20, 2022 9:39 AM

Feb 2014
deg said:

When did she learn the club president was "Chainsawman"?

King_KK said:
Didn't liked this chapter. I was hoping for more stuff to happen. I hope the next chapter will be better.

Overall chapter rating:-3/5

Felt like the mangaka had to deliver something, but didn't really feel like doing it, 90% of this chapter was a lazy job.

deg said:
ye this part 2 is really different its slow pace https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2053636

I noticed that too, when I did my review for part 1 I pointed out how quick paced that first part was and I was wondering if they were going to change the pace, now it is too slow, too monotonous.

filtrekahve said:

LMFTFY Aki and Arai "no one cares"

Dec 20, 2022 9:42 AM

Jul 2010
Is that supposed to be entertaining?

Also author is repeating himself too much. Literally using the same devils over and over. In Part 1 we also were stuck on endless floor, but at least we had interesting flashbacks and entertaining conversations. Opened ch.16: Himeno and Aki's past, Eternity Devil appereance, Kobeni wants to kill Denji, Power talks about winning Nobel Prize.
Here? Ummmmm Denji found money... and that guy president slash president yea... and Kobeni 2.0, again recycling things from the original so people could go "I understood that reference!"
Dec 20, 2022 9:45 AM

May 2021
Rayve777 said:
If Asa and Denji don't hatefuck by the end I will be extremely disappointed
spitting straight facts fr. fujimoto better make that hatesex ferocious.
Dec 20, 2022 9:45 AM

Dec 2021
I actually thought that guy was Kobeni with a haircut...
Decent chapter with nothing much revealed yet.

Fujimoto's really keeping us in suspense. Hope Denji busts out the chainsaws next week tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2022 9:47 AM

Jan 2009
curvedtree said:
deg said:

it was few chapters ago i think i do not remember exactly the chapter number the club president said to Asa (and Yoru was listening) that his Chainsaw Man lol
Dec 20, 2022 9:52 AM

Feb 2014
deg said:
curvedtree said:

it was few chapters ago i think i do not remember exactly the chapter number the club president said to Asa (and Yoru was listening) that his Chainsaw Man lol

Chapter 112, I forgot that he had shown his chest. Thanks
Dec 20, 2022 10:34 AM

Aug 2020
3.5/5

Good progression chapter in this endless arc. Lots of story beats are being recycled now but it still feels fresh and somewhat unnerving since Fujimoto is at the helm

Loving these bickering between Asa & Denji, it's all I've wanted ever since the first chapter of pt 2. Let their characters grow and interact as much as they need. The devil hunters club's members randomly show up but it has to be Fami's doing. Yoshida shows up next page as Haruka fails to introduce himself. Haruka fails again as a very familiar face shows up frantically too. What do you know?? It's Kobeni 2.0 or Brobeni as people have been addressing him/her as. I'm convinced it should be one of Kobeni's 8 sisters but time will tell. Her behaviors are eerily similar to theirs counterpart and it's a lovely call back to the original Eternity arc

Everybody is trying their best to come up with useful solutions to their immediate problem that is, food & resources. Similar panel compositions and shot compositions from the original arc was again implemented but this time with it's own flair. Asa proclaims she doesn't like to eat fish and finds herself in a difficult situation with the group. Asa and Denji start bickering back & forth yet again. Asa has a softer side for Denji but he keeps getting on her nerves apparently. She even ponders whether she should go through turning him into a weapon which leads to my fav moment from the chapter, Asa asking Yoru for conformity but she's not there at all. Asa does come up with a sure-fire plan of using her cell phone to call for rescue but her clumsy demeanor gets better if her yet again. She falls down and breaks the phone rendering her solution utterly useless. The last panel is reminscent if various Fujimoto panels and it's sad

Hopefully, Denji cheers up her somehow or she does something even spectacular to break through this eternal cycle and her own emotional shackles as well
2Birds1StonedJan 9, 2023 12:40 PM
Dec 20, 2022 10:47 AM
Sep 2020
27thEiffel said:
I think he's kobeni's elder brother, remember Kobeni's parents forced her into work to support her elder brother to be able to go to college, and that kobeni 2.0 said he joined the devil hunter club because his mom said it'd give him a scholarship hmmmmmm

they're in school though. And Kobeni is already past the school age, don't think they're her elder brother.
Dec 20, 2022 10:58 AM

Jul 2022
I loved the first Eternity Devil Arc and I am really enjoying this one too. It looks like we’re being introduced to a few central characters right now. Devil Hunter Club pres seems like a total douche but he’s got something weird about him I really need to find out.

Asa is without Yoru for the first time so she’s all alone. She’s vulnerable and she’s scared. In Denji’s case last time he didn't care what happened as long as he had a place to sleep and eat, but Asa’s desire to be liked and needed is keeping her from doing anything productive when she fails just one time. Denji is probably just goofing off right now since he is the only one that knows exactly what to do right now.

Anyway I could see this arc taking a really big flip. So far it’s mimicking the first Eternity Devil Arc almost step by step, but I imagine with Yoru not here for Asa, and both “chainsaw men” in the same spot, we could be in for Chainsaw Man vs. Chainsaw Man instead. Im also really glad Yoshida is here, I really think he will be big in Part 2.
Speaking of which, it sure is a healthy coincidence that all these key players are in the same spot, huh?
Must be Fami’s doing— speaking of which, she took Yoru somewhere
in either the next chapter or soon we will probably see where she took her.

Yoshida is definitely following Denji around for his own interest... I am VERY excited to see how this goes.
Dec 20, 2022 10:59 AM

Aug 2022
...She's such a loser 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 20, 2022 11:00 AM
Jun 2021
DeFa- said:
This has to be one of Kobenis siblings

Yeah, i was thinking the same. The hair clips, the freckles and the way they act are soooo similar.
Dec 20, 2022 11:01 AM

Aug 2022
filtrekahve said:

I must say, you aren't wrong there 😂
Dec 20, 2022 11:05 AM

Apr 2018
Imagine being forced to work as a Devil Hunter for your brother who looks like a pussy-girl.
I feel bad for Kobeni. On the otherside, my boy Denji still the same, stealing shit from the ground like a real G.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 20, 2022 11:27 AM
Aug 2017
this chapter was so great
always a good time to look at the fish with yoshiden forever love puss puss
go see the penglings alo brrr
Dec 20, 2022 11:34 AM

Dec 2021
I miss power and the other old characters 😭😭
Dec 20, 2022 11:44 AM

Jul 2022
lmaoo is that Kobeni's brother?
very entertaining chapter overall, I laughed a lot
and it seems we're finally back to a weekly schedule
Dec 20, 2022 12:31 PM
Apr 2014
bruh part 2 has been relatively mundane so far
Dec 20, 2022 12:59 PM
Nov 2017
Kobenii 2.0!!! <3
Dec 20, 2022 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
Kobeni's sibling! There's just too many similarities for it to be just a coincidence!
Dec 20, 2022 1:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Meh. This second overarching is not quite as compelling for me as the first one was. Bringing this story into a high school setting was a mistake in my opinion. But I know that nothing in Japan sells as well as a high school setting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jun 4

358 by ShadowkillZ »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MegamiRem - May 21

104 by daywithoutgames »»
4 hours ago

» Member Favorite

kxbeni - Jun 8

6 by DXLKSM »»
Yesterday, 3:05 PM

» Why do the women in this anime always want to fight and do crime?

Deathlydash - Jun 7

27 by GeoXsf9 »»
Yesterday, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 122 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Feb 28, 2023

78 by Not_Hachi »»
Yesterday, 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.