Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Haha, it seems this anime is kinda self aware of itself. They made Alvin look like a meme and Karla like a life coach to him.

I like how Karla tries to encourage Alvin to fight that cyclops and have a "secret plan" while he tries to avoid fighting it. It's a good thing they didn't end up fighting it or I imagine Alvin would've shit his pants. Not everyday you get to encounter such a friendly cyclops.
Apr 17, 2022 5:28 AM

Feb 2020
Another hilarious episode. I don't think this show deserves all the hate it gets. I think this is genuinely a pretty fun comedy.

Also, the opening song is probably my favorite of this season.

Karla's "lullaby" was a bit scary.

Cute trio, haha.

SerafosMay 22, 9:19 PM
Apr 17, 2022 5:36 AM
Apr 2017
this show is dead... the jokes doesn't hit at all.it might be the worst show this season.
Apr 17, 2022 5:39 AM

Dec 2010
The pacing this episode was much better than the first, since they adapted more chapters. This way the jokes actually landed. Hope they keep it up for the rest of the season.
Apr 17, 2022 5:56 AM

Apr 2010
Karla proving ones again that she is the best female character of the season, we all need a healer like her in our party.
The goblins sure where a nicer bunch than how they are usually portrayed and the Cyclops helped out the party as well.
The wolf at the end was funny.
Apr 17, 2022 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
Alvin is practically stuck to Carla, and finding antidote herbs for a quest...

In a ghost cemetery...while Carla is having a picnic, and mocking both Alvin and the ghosts in her most "holiest" manner. Hah, a circus performer, that's not what Alvin is.

And Alvin landed in in goblin's trap, to which Karla only gave snark remarks. The goblin only wanted to catch wild boars, and they had to rescue him out. The Cyclops is a similar manner where help is given directly by the monster, and that solves the quest.

After a day's worth, it's camping time...but Carla wants to talk about life and experience. The moment Carla went all heavy metal I literally LMAOed, that was fantastic. Their argument went all the way until they had to awaken a wolf in hibernation, telling them to sleep.

A much better episode than the first where most jokes landed.
Apr 17, 2022 6:33 AM

Dec 2016
Carla is such a freaking savage troll. I love her.
Apr 17, 2022 6:49 AM

Apr 2014
Kono Agupon, Mendokusai. Staying with her is a real pain. Poor poor Alvin lol
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 17, 2022 7:36 AM

Nov 2010
If I have to pick the best gag of this week, it's the last one:
"Shit, monster heard us!"
"Shut up! What time do you think it is now?"
---
It seems the template of gag is:
  • Karla annoys Alvin with stupid behavior.
  • A monster with common sense appears and scolds them.

Apr 17, 2022 8:02 AM

Mar 2022
DarkDooM2 said:
The pacing this episode was much better than the first, since they adapted more chapters. This way the jokes actually landed. Hope they keep it up for the rest of the season.
I think so too, this episode was much better than the previous one
Apr 17, 2022 10:03 AM

Jul 2015
I noticed, that Karla is actually honest to the fault, not actually trying to be mean.

Apr 17, 2022 10:11 AM

May 2021
Karla may be a troll but I'm wondering if Alvin's mental state will ever be addressed beyond just him simply acknowledging it.

Apr 17, 2022 12:24 PM

Jun 2017
This was way better than the first episode imo.

Will Alvin have any sanity left by ep 12? lol
Apr 17, 2022 12:29 PM

Feb 2007
Fact: Best part of this series are the episode titles.
Apr 17, 2022 12:44 PM
May 2020
by the 12 episode alvin gonna have grey hair from being around Karla
Apr 17, 2022 1:49 PM

May 2021
Great episode! This episode was as funny as the last xD.
Carla's lullaby certainly wasn't the most relaxing and peace inducing lol.
It also seems Carla didn't help Alvin when he was stuck in the hole!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 17, 2022 3:35 PM

Jun 2013
Man what an annoying bitch
Apr 17, 2022 3:54 PM

Aug 2020
What a trollol anime. I guess this is what we'll see and experience until the end. I might have to put this on-hold

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 17, 2022 4:57 PM
Oct 2020
I think it's safe to say that Karla's the worst girl of the season
Apr 17, 2022 5:02 PM

Apr 2012
Finally an anime I could watch without stressing about plot, logic and character development. Just sit back and enjoy the gags, I'd swear they might as well share the konosuba universe with this happening in another part of their world.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 17, 2022 6:15 PM
Jul 2021
This is a pretty good anime, I really need to relieve the pressure with these lmaoed moments like this one does. I don't know why it get low score, but it's definitely not as bad as the reviews.
Apr 17, 2022 6:19 PM
Sep 2018
Healer?
Maybe as a side job.
I have my suspicions as to what kind of god she follows.
The lullaby, the one that might have actually worked if he'd ignored the words, seemed like a sleep spell with a twist.

So far, alignment-wise, we've a Neutral Snarkastic Cleric and a Lawful Good-Enough fighter.
(Somewhere I've a button that reads, "Lawful Good does too mean Stupid...)
Apr 17, 2022 8:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another goofy episode, we met a lot more kind and understanding monsters like the ogre and the goblin, this world seems like it’s at peace already lol, and man there were so many great Carla and Alvin bits this time, the ghosts ascending after hearing about how bad Alvin has it was great, and I especially liked when Carla got into a relaxing position to finally yell “are you all right?” lol, and the final lullaby bit was also hilarious.

We also got to hear the ED this week along with its visuals, it’s definitely a cute one and I like it.
Apr 17, 2022 10:15 PM
Oct 2017
My favorite anime this season. I really liked second episode.
I don't understand the hate.
Apr 17, 2022 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
Real funny stuff this episode, a lot better than the first one (which was still pretty solid). We need more real ones like the cyclops, such a swell lad.
Apr 18, 2022 1:28 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Mocking master, Karla. Even with the ghost too. Congratulations, and pity boy, Alvin always pity. Its must be exhausting, exchanging with a mendokusai boke. However, yeah, good mention, Alvin. i've been meaning to ask since before, but, is Karla really a healer? Here comes Alvin called it a holy fraud. But i prefer her to be the master of bothersome. Not that its on sync, though!

Anyway, cyclops should've been married with the mostly bear lady. They both looked suited well with their kindness ... And unexpectedly the oped grow in a steady pace on my mind, ngl *Karla wink*.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 18, 2022 2:18 AM

Mar 2020
Kawaisou Alvin-kun.

Karakai Jouzu no Karla-san Extreme
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 18, 2022 6:14 AM
Jun 2021
Second ep was actually kinda funny to me, caught myself grinning and laughing quite a bit. Felt like an improvement from ep 1.
Apr 18, 2022 7:43 AM

Aug 2019
Why do people hate this anime so much ...
It has a very good comedy
Apr 18, 2022 8:19 AM

Dec 2020
yeah this is hilarious holy shit. just something lacking in the presentation, but a great comedy nonetheless. entertaind me way too much

that friendly ogre LOL "we're not ready yet" "oh okay"😭😭
Apr 19, 2022 1:36 AM

Jun 2012
I really enjoy everytime Karla tries to wink
Apr 19, 2022 4:24 AM

Dec 2016
RayReynolds said:
My opinion here hasn't really changed from last week. There's only so much pure schtick I can take, and this is about fifteen minutes too much per episode. It really desperately needs the slightest bit of substance to give episodes a beginning, middle, and end and feel like they're serving any kind of purpose instead of being four or five improv bits haphazardly strung together. Even just an overriding theme, like GA Art Class's episodes had, would help quite a bit, though so would the humor being more focused on the actual events they're encountering and less on making the same jokes with the same punchlines just in slightly different settings. How many times are we going to do "They have to be sneaky, but argue and the monster overhears them" exactly?

As for the other Sunday show, the girl game thing, it was the embodiment of "this could have been an e-mail." Twenty minutes of talking heads reiterating "something's up. Someone else is also in the game." They didn't even leave the bloody dorm once. Literally not a single thing of an importance or concern happened until the very end, when they declared a dual and then giggled derisively when the dude's overpowered mech showed up and it looked slightly different from their stupid looking mechs. Thrilling. Certainly worth sitting through a twenty minute glorified recap.

Right, looking for substance on a comedy, more specifically on a manzai style comedy that's meant to have back and forth quick retorts. I bet you also would watch a toddler's show that's just meant to distract them and expect a narrative focused on "substance".

Declared a dual? overpowered Mechs? How much have you been drinking son? Or did you pull a Homer and invented your own scenario?

Apr 19, 2022 5:26 AM

Jun 2021
What a nice bunch of monsters. I mean those goblins were nice enough to pull Alvin out the hole and the cyclops showed them to the herbs. Direwolf at the end was a little cranky, but understandable. They were making a loud racket very late at night lol.
Apr 19, 2022 6:19 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I'll just review briefly this episode before reading the two episode threads already out. It feels like it got better than episode 1, I actually laughed a bit at the ghost bit. I checked the staff quickly to see where it went wrong... The director worked on Cardcaptor Sakura and is a veteran so I don't think it's here. The script writer worked on Clannad so I don't think it's that as well. This episode was better because it featured the opening and ending, adding slightness and a second breath to a series that inherits from manzai comedy. Manzai is fine and all but when it's dialogue-heavy, subtitles and the loss in translation could be a risk to lose the soul of it all. The foley sounds were annoying! I believe I prefer the style of the background to that of the characters, monsters and the style of the ending. I believe that this kind of show is hit or miss, and works best on people wanting to taste a relaxing experience with snappy bits? Episode direction is key... but it was extremely annoying. Minimum quality production when it comes to the visuals, of course it could have been worse... The voice-acting. I'm unfamiliar with Alvin's voice actor so it doesn't have a feeling to me. As for Karla's voice-acting, it's a more interesting bit to me. Her debut was probably strenghtened by Love Live! Nijigasaki and its newly-airing season. She also did Maesetsu! before, and you can see the link between Maesetsu! and Kono Healer, Mendokusai because it seems to inherit manzai codes of comedy. Maesetsu! lacked a warmth in the comedy bit and made up for it with the dramatization of the life of a comedian. Kono Healer, Mendokusai lacks an overarching plot that gives motivations to both main characters, hence its lack of a soul.

Apr 19, 2022 6:11 PM
Jan 2017
This is the trash of the season
Apr 19, 2022 6:15 PM

Dec 2016
Serafos said:
Another hilarious episode. I don't think this show deserves all the hate it gets. I think this is genuinely a pretty fun comedy. :)

Definitely score is too low but in the same time this anime is using very specific comedy.

It's mean spirited and "too honest" like Uramichi Oniisan but not similarly relatable, and Karla is annoying but doesn't have big boobs like Uzaki-chan and she sounds too cynical making her unlikeable (while Uzaki genuinely want to help her senpai).

And OP is just showing VAs of this anime.

Overall it's "*Exhales from nose* the anime".
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 20, 2022 3:32 AM

Apr 2020
I can see why this won't work for everyone. The comedy is so random and they go hard with the scream-filled banter. But to anyone who's familiar with Japanese comedy, this can be appreciated... but also still get pretty irritating. They're overusing the bit with monsters being friendly and/or normal beings and, it's starting to get old. So I guess, the best way to watch it is with very low expectations, and only when you need a chill banter comedy for fun.

The best thing so far is Karla taking far-from-subtle shots at Alvin with a straight face. The bit with the ghosts having closure through Alvin's short-comings was quite funny. I hope they focus more on those kinds of bits.
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
Apr 20, 2022 7:51 AM

Jul 2011
Karla is only reason I watch this :3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 20, 2022 12:04 PM

Feb 2019
Kimurah said:
Right, looking for substance on a comedy, more specifically on a manzai style comedy that's meant to have back and forth quick retorts.

Well... looking at other anime following this style of comedy...

Would you personally say shows like Nichijou, Joshiraku, Gintama, Zetsubou Sensei, Soremachi, Yuyushiki, Asobi Asobase, and whatnot (sure; not each the same level of manzai here, but you get the gist) are somewhat on the same level of 'substance' as (tsukkomi-)comedy-shows like this show, or are there significant enough differences here in this regard?

And while we're here...
Did it ever crossed your mind that your apparent opinion - about slapstick-comedy not having the need for any 'substance' to speak of in general - might not actually reflect the reality of things properly? I know a couple national comedians (semi- & professional) in person - and good enough to ensure you, that they beg to differ with your take...
WaveshaperApr 20, 2022 12:10 PM
Apr 21, 2022 12:49 AM
Nov 2017
hmm, after watching ep 2, i remember read this manga in the past but the healer is a cute boy dark elf and alvin always in denying state the healer is a boy.. i'm sure the manga is exist when bleach still running.

huh ?? why is it change to a woman ? or am i remember it wrongly ?

Apr 21, 2022 8:19 PM

Jul 2015
A lil bit better than the 1st episode , hope it gets better in next episodes.
Apr 26, 2022 10:10 AM

Dec 2016
Waveshaper said:

Well... looking at other anime following this style of comedy...

Would you personally say shows like Nichijou, Joshiraku, Gintama, Zetsubou Sensei, Soremachi, Yuyushiki, Asobi Asobase, and whatnot (sure; not each the same level of manzai here, but you get the gist) are somewhat on the same level of 'substance' as (tsukkomi-)comedy-shows like this show, or are there significant enough differences here in this regard?

I can only speak for Nichijou, Joshiraku, Asobi Asobase and Yuyushiki, since I haven't checked the others and openly claim that yes, they sit in the same bench as slapstick comedies that do not have or aren't met to have a deeper context. Even if Joshiraku uses meta commentary about society and more focused on otaku fandom they are still shows with lack of substance that are made to just laugh out loud, not as something to ponder and reflect on the substance of it's themes and topics.

Waveshaper said:

And while we're here...
Did it ever crossed your mind that your apparent opinion - about slapstick-comedy not having the need for any 'substance' to speak of in general - might not actually reflect the reality of things properly?

Could you rephrase this question in a way that doesn't sound like you're just using grandiloquism in order to make your reply more substancial than it actually is?

Waveshaper said:

I know a couple national comedians (semi- & professional) in person - and good enough to ensure you, that they beg to differ with your take...

I couldn't give 2 fracks if you even knew Jim Carrey or Chris Rock in person, heck I don't even give a frack for a guy like you I didn't even know existed just a few moments ago. What makes you believe I care for your take or what some semi or professional people you allegedly know think? Sounds to me you're that kind of person that needs peer validation to make his/her points valid in a debate, rather than use your own big boy words.
KimurahApr 26, 2022 10:22 AM
Apr 26, 2022 1:57 PM

Feb 2019
Well, we've heard it here first people; better not reflect on or find any substance in the meta-comentary about society in shows like Joshiraku - just lol about it and nothing else - otherwise you understand comedy incorrectly. ;)

It's hilarious how you manage to claim that a) Joshiraku has societal meta-commentary (the definition of substance in this context) while b) it is a show with 'lack of substance' - well, at least it's more hilarious as this anime, that's for sure.

I fully expected you having nothing to back up your stance though - just wanted you to confirm this here yourself - and so you did. I think this case is closed.
Apr 27, 2022 5:21 PM

Aug 2021
Another episode to pass the time. Nothing more.
May 1, 2022 5:11 AM

Nov 2014
The first episode was somewhat painful, but this one I enjoyed a lot more. Beyond Carla's abuse there were some genuinely funny scenes (ghosts and summoning). I'm also starting to like the dynamic between the two.
May 4, 2022 6:33 PM

Aug 2017
That's one interesting lullaby.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jul 1, 2022 7:56 AM

Feb 2021
It's really hilarious when Alvin can't even beat the golem and make the ghost spirit rest in peace XD

Not only that, but when Carla sing lullaby it's very funny too!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 1, 2022 11:34 PM

Mar 2013
I don’t care what anyone says. This anime is a fun watch. There are several times when I lol’ed. The ghosts passing on thanks to Alvin. Karla’s responses and trying to wink. Her lullaby was hysterical. How can anyone sleep with those lyrics? 😂 it’s a laid back, funny show and I’m here for it.
Aug 7, 2022 10:33 AM
Jul 2020
The show is kinda funny. People with low humor levels wont like it. Carla's a laid-back life coach with very tempting answers and alvin has zero tolerance. It's annoyingly chaotic and funny. Goblins were so cute and the cyclops was giving the actual healer vibes LOL. I kinda miss Mostly Bear.
Oct 13, 2022 8:43 PM
Jan 2022
Average episode a lot of jokes work some not
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2022

106 by Snedis »»
Feb 25, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

16 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 21, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2022

24 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2022

26 by dhell26 »»
Feb 15, 7:47 AM

» What makes this bad? ( 1 2 )

NextUniverse - May 7, 2022

67 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 4, 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.