Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 24, 2021 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
We got the second kiss in the show but this time, Yuzuki is the one who does it intentionally and everyone else watching LOL. Funny moment.

Personally, I'm glad to see the anime reunite them after all that drama and Yuzuki seems to be doing much better now. They also managed to get all the main and supporting cast into one place for the finale too. Yuzuki also managed to have her positive energy back again. 8/10.
Dec 24, 2021 9:36 AM

Jul 2017
The finale is a nice nod to the manga for having the final episode's title be the final chapter's title.

Yuzu's tale of her growing up days until the time that she was sold to the Shima Family to settle her family's debts and ending up taking care of Tamahiko, her worldview has changed a lot ever since getting to know him better. That's at least her dream...

...but the Great Kanto Earthquake, more than being separated from Midori, left her devastated of any hope left of living. That is...until Tamahiko called out to her and that voice of desperation is heartfelt to awake her senses. Of course, Tamahiko is elated that Yuzu's alive, but the sudden kiss in front of the main cast...was embarrassing enough xD

Uncle Tamasuke, younger sister Tamako, the Shiratori siblings and friend Ryo are happy that Yuzu came up to, but I still hate their father (and older sister Tamayo) with a flaming passion. The crux that he's no longer a Shima (the anime didn't really explain that detail, but TL;DR he abandoned the Shima name) is indicative of how hostile he is to their father. But whatever it is, everyone were coming along and recovering well.

A bit of a timeskip, and all the cast (the main and supporting) all come together for their final appearance. Of course the ladies now know that Yuzu's big on top, and the guys act like kids bathing in the hot spring. Some personal matters of grievance on Ryo's part to Yuzu, and Tamako STILL can't get enough of the jealousy LOLS. The final respect back to Tamahiko is the birthday celebration that they missed for quite awhile, and he took that with thanks in detail to everyone journeying with him and changing his life for the better.

One last time: give it up for the relationship sweetness between Yuzuki and Tamahiko, with the affirming love and kiss under the fox-spirit tree.

I'm very glad that the anime improved upon the source material. Conveniences may feel contrived in the manga, and the anime gave context which IMO one-upped the adaptation.
KANLen09Dec 24, 2021 10:22 AM
Dec 24, 2021 9:38 AM

Oct 2017
Good to see some things from Yuzuki's perspective and I love how the first thing she did after waking up was hug and kiss Tamahiko, that was sweet. It was nice seeing everyone celebrate Tamahiko's birthday. The rivalry between Tamako and Ryuo was amusing. Also I love how this ended with Yuzu and Tamahiko's kiss.

Really sweet anime overall. Loved watching Yuzu, she's a lovely wife.
MegamiRemDec 24, 2021 10:21 PM
Dec 24, 2021 9:41 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Enjoyed how this ended, might just read the source material since I am not expecting another season.
Dec 24, 2021 9:50 AM
Feb 2021
ACasualViewer said:
Enjoyed how this ended, might just read the source material since I am not expecting another season.
Didn’t this adapt everything tho? The manga is rather short.
Dec 24, 2021 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
brenobluhm said:
ACasualViewer said:
It didn't quite adapt the ENTIRE manga, but rather the anime added content that didn't exist in the manga, which the adaptation covered 2/3rds of it.
Dec 24, 2021 9:59 AM

Apr 2016
And ultimately all ends well ...

A nice happy ending, as we all knew its comming .. even with the big earthquake that was more of a period thing, than anything else. The entire show was just that, nothing extra, just a nice show full of colorful characters (and that one dick of a dad, what a cunt) with Yuzu being the sun in the middle who have the power to change anyone she encounters with.
Dec 24, 2021 9:59 AM
Feb 2021
KANLen09 said:
brenobluhm said:
It didn't quite adapt the ENTIRE manga, but rather the anime added content that didn't exist in the manga.
so it was an anime original ending? Or the same ending as the manga?
Dec 24, 2021 10:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm relieved it wasn't "real" drama and that it ended well for them, it really added something to the usual kind of historical slice of life and to their relationship, really liked how this anime felt like a kind of realistic historical version of Senko-san with Yuzuki being here to heal Tamahiko and bring sweetness to his life, most of the side characters were also quite interesting even though they weren't on the level of the two main ones. 7/10, I didn't expect this anime to be that good.
Dec 24, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
brenobluhm said:
KANLen09 said:
It didn't quite adapt the ENTIRE manga, but rather the anime added content that didn't exist in the manga.
so it was an anime original ending? Or the same ending as the manga?
It was anime-original.

If you've been paying attention, the anime couldn't fit all 5 volumes worth of content due to time constraints, so they took what they can and made it better.
Dec 24, 2021 10:56 AM
Sep 2015
Did this episode forget about Ryou's little brother fate?
Dec 24, 2021 10:58 AM

Jan 2014
Made me tear up in parts, then the dad showed up lmao. But it made me so happy to not only see them reunited like that, but to see how happy they all are. Lovely stuff.
Dec 24, 2021 11:07 AM

Aug 2020
That's our sweet ending right there <33

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 24, 2021 11:28 AM

Feb 2020
not much to say, but I think I liked it for most part. thought it'd be entirely chillax but I was proven wrong for some parts haha. definitely liked their relationship, but most things didn't spark much of an interest for me. Kinda wanted to see more of Tamahiko's other family, and what the others think of them. Sweet overall
Dec 24, 2021 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
Good to see more from Yuzu's perspective. Wish we could've saw more of that. Plus, I would've like to have seen more of her background before she met Tamahiko.

She's alive and well... and holy cheeseballs that kiss came out of nowhere O_O.
The embarrassment set in as soon as she realized where she was XD.

His dad is still scum but I do hope he can change. Kinda curious about the rest of his family.
Good on Manabe to refuse him. I can see why he left the Shima family behind.

Speaking of family, Tamahiko teaching some collectivism and filial piety to the kids was great.

There may be some things left out from the anime, so I might check out the manga.
Dec 24, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2021
It was a good final episode, however I think they could do a time skip to see how Tamahiko and Yuzuki are doing in the future.
Anime was bad but not horrible.
Grade: 5/10
asdasdsadad
Dec 24, 2021 11:55 AM

Dec 2008
I enjoyed the show a lot, it was relaxing and fun to watch and something to look forward to each week. I will miss it. Yuzu was a great character and waaaay too patient and forgiving. One thing that I thought was quite amusing was the little girl with the fringe and doll that kept on popping up in scenes where the children were. She needs her own show! :-)
May the Uguu be with you.

Dec 24, 2021 11:57 AM
Dec 2021
phantomfandom said:

exactly! what happened to her little brother?
Dec 24, 2021 12:19 PM

Jan 2012
And so Tamahiko, Yuzu, and their friends survive the Great Kanto Earthquake, only to likely suffer even greater tragedy when WWII comes, but I digress....Much like Komi-san this was another series that aired this season where I had already read a huge portion of the manga years before the anime got announced. So I remembered more or less the basic outline of the events as they transpired going in. And also like Komi-san I'd say this was a solid adaptation. Very cute and enjoyable. Solid 7/10.
animefan8800Dec 24, 2021 12:26 PM
Dec 24, 2021 12:20 PM

Mar 2018
This episode was so good, while not something original, I loved Yuzu finding Tamahiko in the light and being saved.

Yuzu was very bold this episode, and for right reason too, not wanting to feel regret again. So cute!!

Good final scene, Tamahiko finally had a birthday party with so many people that he cherishes.

Very enjoyable show, I will miss it indeed.
Dec 24, 2021 12:23 PM

Dec 2020
Really heartwarming episode and tbh i see a good ending.

They really make a character development for tamahiko and his sister because of Yuzu. I give it a solid 8/10.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Dec 24, 2021 12:24 PM

Mar 2018
GoldSakura said:
phantomfandom said:

I believe in the last episode there was around a 3 second flash-by of Ryou hugging what appeared to be her brother. It wasn't made to be something huge, so they sort of sidelined it like that.
Dec 24, 2021 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
Hey, they finally remembered Yuzu's big breasts! I remember they made a big deal about them (Yuzu getting hurt trying to hide them) but the next day everything went back to normal and it was never mentioned again until today. It was werird and I feel like this bothered me more than it should have haha.

I was thinking that maybe the father was going to say something positive when he was in the car with Yuzu but nope, he's hopeless. And the older sister certainly doesn't look any better.

Ryo finally apologized, good. Unlike others (many), I never disliked her but I was definitely waiting for a proper apology from her. Nice relationship she has with Tamako competing over who is closer to Yuzu xD.

I really like Ayasa Itou's voice so it was great to hear her here and what better to hear her sing as well. What a lovely ending song to end the series.

Yuzu... YUZU! Yuzu my best girl <3. What can I say, I love her, she is just so sweet. One of my best girl of the season. More kissing and handholding? Oh my, control yourself Yuzu xD.

Yuzu kissing Tamahiko without realizing where they were was hilariously cute haha. And what better way to end the series than with another kiss! Anyway, lovely series with a lovely couple. I loved it.
Dec 24, 2021 12:34 PM

Jan 2018
This was a great finale. All the characters were great (and Tamahiko & Tamako's father and siblings were obnoxious as always). I actually got to see Yuzuki's momma in this episode which was unexpected lol.

I started watching this anime sort of as an alternative to Tonikaku Kawaii but I think I ended up liking this more than the Tonikawa. There was some actual plot instead of cute couple doing cute things which means I will probably remember this for a lot longer.

I have no idea how much of the manga this season has actually covered but since the manga is over already I guess we can expect some sort of sequel soon? Hope we won't have to wait long to see Tamahiko and Yuzu's official wedding. I like this finale but there's still room for a lot more growth and potential new characters like the Shima siblings.

If you're like me any enjoy these sort of shows then I recommend Tonikaku Kawaii aka Fly Me to the Moon which I mentioned already and also Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid (The Duke of Death and His Maid). Don't let the CGI animation fool you into skipping a very good show.
Dec 24, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2014
GoldSakura said:
phantomfandom said:

In the previous episode we saw an image of her finding him and hugging him. In this one there is another image of both of them helping with the debris.
Dec 24, 2021 1:04 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A very good end to a great show, leading with the flashbacks of Yuzuki’s time with Tamahiko was a good way to start the episode, and it was as good as I hoped when she finally woke up and reunited with Tamahiko, I love that this show can still have good comedy bits in serious moments like that too lol. I’m also glad Tamahiko got to kinda confront his dad after how much he’s grown as a person, he took the high road and said “glad you’re okay”, really liked that. I also wish we coulda seen Tamayo more in the show but I’m glad we got to see her here. Lastly, ending off with a birthday party for Tamahiko was a fantastic way to end it, thanking everyone that’s helped him as well. The final scene with him and Yuzu at the tree was very nice as well.

I really loved this all the way through, when it gave me Tonikawa vibes early on I knew it was gonna be good, and it delivered hard. Such a good love story between Yuzuki ans Tamahiko, and I found myself loving the side characters too, especially Tamako and Ryo, both of them really came around after their introductions. I’m really gonna miss this source of wholesomeness every Saturday, it was a true gem this season. I’m glad we got a mostly complete adaptation here so there’s no need to wait for another Season, but seeing more of these two would have been awesome as well.
Dec 24, 2021 1:11 PM
May 2017
Eh, that first 10 minutes were rather unnecessary drama from Yuzu's POV.

Overall it's an okay anime i guess.

I neither like Tamahiko nor Yuzu. One is a beta and the other one is a bit of a simp. But i like that they included a real history event in a romance anime.

6/10 from me.
Dec 24, 2021 1:23 PM

May 2021
Great final episode! We got to see Yuzuki's side of what happened during the earthquake.
Yuzuki said she loves Tamahiko and kissed him! Until she realises people were watching her.
She also wanted him to feed rice porridge to her xD. Tamahiko's dad and other sister came to visit...
He was as horrible and cold as always unfortunately.
Tamahiko's students told him to stay in the hot spring longer and one of them jumped in with a lot of force! That made me smile. Ryo apologises to Yuzu about her behaviour towards her and Tamahiko when they first met. Tamahiko's students and everyone else planned a surprise birthday party for him! The end credits scene where Yuzu confesses her feelings was really nice to see as well.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows the name of the song she sang to the children near the start-I remember it from the planetarian VN.

This has been a great show and I have really enjoyed watching it!

AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 24, 2021 2:01 PM

Aug 2018
And I'm done.
I loved the episode, Yuzu is really good and the scene with Tamahiko <3! (although well, have seen them xd). Really everything was great and them celebrating Tamahiko's birthday was a nice touch from them.
And the final scene AHHHH!!! <3!!!!
I loved this anime.
PS: And of course, F*CK THE FATHER.
Dec 24, 2021 2:31 PM

Nov 2016
Copy paste from when I finished the manga

FMmatron said:
This was absolutely cute, wholesome, heartwarming, comfy etc. you get the gist. The interactions between Tamahiko and Yuzu obviously carried the manga, some of the characters added a bit of fun too and made the finale even sweeter.

Wheras the drama, in particular towards the end wasn't really to my liking. Fortunately it wasn't significant nor took it away from my enjoyment, it just wasn't all that good._.

7,5/10

Was as enjoyable and cozy. I just still think that I could've done without the drama 🤷🏻‍♂️

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2021 3:38 PM

Mar 2016
GoldSakura said:
phantomfandom said:

Who cares? We got our happy ending for Tamahiko and Yuzu, that's what matters here.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 24, 2021 3:46 PM
Jan 2021
brenobluhm said:
ACasualViewer said:

Nope they didnt adapt the whole manga i think Anime stop at Chp 20+
Dec 24, 2021 3:50 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
As a fan of romance, it's almost obvious that I'd like this show. But it was a bit more special than that. Integrating the Great Kanto Earthquake was a plus for me but the interaction between Yuzu and Tamahiko convinced me anyway. In any case, this trend of romcom lately is quite delightful to have and here's to hoping there'll be more to come in due time.

Yuzu shutting out all the "noise" and acting bold in the hospital there was hilarious and adorable at the same time. It's just too heartwarming to see how much she cares for him. Welcome back, spring princess. Props to Tamahiko for all the effort over the previous couple of episodes too.

Tamahiko's arrogant family coming into the scene did leave a bad taste but seeing Tamahiko express relief in the end there after learning of their safety was nice to see. His uncle stepping in to stop that nonsense was respect.

Final moments of the whole crew back to Tamahiko's residence and resuming their normal lives was great. Tamahiko and Yuzu's little moment post-credit was fantastic as well, expected a shot after marriage or something of the sort but I'll take that with glee nonetheless. I wonder what happened to Ryou-san's little brother, by the way. Fact that they didn't touch on this gives me a bad feeling about this.

All in all, the cast was amusing to keep up with and there is little gripes from my side. Solid 8/10 from my side.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 24, 2021 5:19 PM

Apr 2015
It's sad to see this heartwarming show go but luckily it all ends on a very good note.

Best part this week was Yuzu shouting "I love you Tamahiko-sama" while being unaware that everyone was listening in on her. So precious.

Of course his father had to show up again and make the mood go down again. That other sister looked like a really intimidating person but kudos to the Uncle for standing up for himself and Tamahiko. Respect to Tamahiko as well, despite what his father has said to him before, Tamahiko still was nice enough to say that he was glad that even his father didn't get hurt.

The whole cast comes back one last time together and honestly couldn't have ended on a better note. Really sweet little romance show and honestly wish there was more. 8/10
Dec 24, 2021 5:31 PM

Nov 2019
The finale was a perfect way to wrap up the whole series, and the Tamahiko and Yuzu moments were so cute. Also, I adore how Tamahiko has grown throughout the series, as he could muster up the courage to still be nice to his father in that situation. The finale scene was aww

A wonderful rom-com, definitely an 8 with how well the story was executed, and I sure will read the manga when I get a chance
Dec 24, 2021 5:46 PM

Dec 2019
I felt like the drama aint that great and the second half was rushed for a 12 ep series but not too bad overall for a romance series this year. Final scene at the end was sweet ngl.
Dec 24, 2021 5:54 PM
May 2016
Meh that ended up being pretty generic. This show wanted to be too upbeat and cheery for all the dark themes it introduced, like the whole Tokyo earthquake they were all just unnecessary drama for such a sweet little romance.
Dec 24, 2021 6:58 PM

Jan 2015
That's it Yuzu... Just give Tamahiko another kiss and confession. Give him a piece of your mind right away, no need to worry about surrounding.

And wow, never think that another part of the family would be "visiting". So now I'm guessing Ryou is free from the "dangerous lady" role and Yoko will be handling it? Since the first time I saw her appearance in the opening and now finally hear about how she (smile and) talk... She is definitely giving me that "Yoko from XXXHolic" anime vibe. >_<
MasceraDec 24, 2021 7:12 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 24, 2021 7:01 PM

Nov 2011
Tamahikos development has just been so good throughout the anime.
Seeing Yuzus past and where she's at today is so good.

Best Romance of the season and...maybe of the year.

9/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 24, 2021 7:23 PM
Jan 2021
GoldSakura said:
phantomfandom said:

In the previous episode they show a still of ryou hugging him while the keeper of the shop he worked at was in the background. He’s safe and sound.
Dec 24, 2021 8:08 PM
Apr 2021
I enjoyed each and every part of this anime. But I wish to see a second season for this anime i want to see yuzu's face again in second season
Dec 24, 2021 8:48 PM

Jul 2016
I liked the development of the story.

Solid 10/10
Dec 24, 2021 8:53 PM
Aug 2021
good but i don't know where to watch it because in my app the show is going at ep 10.But this anime is really good
Dec 24, 2021 9:15 PM

Oct 2016
Really wonderful show all throughout. Glad we got a really wholesome ending for the anime, though I heard there's still a little bit more left in the manga. I hope those get adapted down the line.

C'mon Tamahiko, give Yuzu all the kissing and hand-holding she wants. 8/10
Dec 24, 2021 9:28 PM

Apr 2021
This season really had a lot of shows I liked and if I had to rank them, this show would definitely be in my top 3....A simple and beautiiful show I'd say...Initially I felt that it would be a decent show but with each episode I started liking the show a lot....so yeah 9.5/10!!!!
Dec 24, 2021 10:45 PM

Apr 2014
What a toxic human being. I will not call that trash a father. He should not be called a father at all.

btw, It was a heartwarming happy ending episode with a kiss at the end.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 24, 2021 11:56 PM

Jul 2021
Someone was cutting onions for the first half of the episode, and then Yuzu kisses Tamahiko out of nowhere and everyone was just staring at them lol, I was half crying and half laughing at that point. We got some really good reaction faces by Yuzu there. Yuzu saved Tamahiko all these times and now Yuzu was able to come back because of Tamahiko, she wanted to see him more, she wanted to tell him that she loves him, it was so cute watching Yuzu try to tell Tamahiko she loved him all those times, Yuzu is so pure ( つ´∀`)つ

I'm glad Midori chan was okay at the end.

Tamahiko being the great sensei he is, the children adore him.

Glad that Ryo finally apologized for what she did in the beginning, but that does not mean I hate her any less.

Loved that ending song, I mean I loved all of the songs by Kotori chan, need full versions of those songs lol. Also our Yuzu's favourite go to song, "In the mooneless sky I see them..", this might become my comfort song lol, need a full version of it too xD

Yuzu is just so cuteee AAAAAAAA ( ๑>ᴗ<๑ )( ๑>ᴗ<๑ )

I don't think we will get another season, but I'm still hoping for one. I would love to see Yuzu and Tamahiko getting married and would love to see some of their married life, I mean Yuzu is the perfect wife anyone could hope for. Maybe they even have some children (Yuzu wants to have loads lol), it would be nice if we get like a movie as the sequel.

I absolutely loved this anime. 10/10 for me, it might not mean much when I say its a 10/10 for me coz I rate almost all of the animes 10/10, but this one was really special for me. 99% of the animes I watch are romcoms or slice of life, so this was the perfect anime for someone like me, it had loads of wholesome and cute moments, there was some good character developments, you come to love the characters, especially our precious Yuzu. Most protecc Yuzu. When I say I like to watch slice of life and romcoms, this is what I expect from an anime of that genre. Taishou Otome Fairytail offered everything I ever want from an anime and put it all in one single anime, this anime is now in my top 3 favourite romance animes of all time (1st being Tonikaku Kawaii and 2nd being Tsuki ga kirei).

This was a really great anime, I'm gonna miss watching this every Saturday, I'm gonna miss the weekly dose of cute and wholesome moment of this anime.

Now only memories of this banger anime and emptiness remains.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 25, 2021 12:57 AM
Nov 2021
I like the ending.Because it's a happy end.9/10 Thank you dor the Anime Romance !
Dec 25, 2021 1:08 AM
Mar 2012
Was expected Yuzu's safe from last ep, but getting her backstory & pov on these small moments is endearing. Her own choice to help her parents really ups her mental strength.
Fine combo of depression & cute sol like fruits basket. At times Tamahiko's self loathing gets repetitive insufferable. Fluffy heartwarming romance, and strong character growth keeps the show together.
Dec 25, 2021 5:20 AM

Aug 2017
phantomfandom said:
I think he was seen alive last episode.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2021

55 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
Mar 14, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

50 by basskiller »»
Jan 8, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2021

52 by basskiller »»
Jan 6, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2021

45 by basskiller »»
Jan 3, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2021

47 by basskiller »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.