Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2021 4:53 PM

Dec 2016
Coffee culture is the set of traditions and social behaviors that surround the consumption of coffee, particularly as a social lubricant. The term also refers to the cultural diffusion and adoption of coffee as a widely consumed stimulant.

How is the coffee culture in your country? Do you regularly go to coffeehouses/cafés?

In my country people love to spend their free time in coffeehouses with friends or dates. I personally find them very relaxing and good place to have conversations.

한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Oct 9, 2021 6:46 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I don't actually know what the coffee culture is actually like here in America...
I like coffee, but I rarely ever go to any cafés and I've never been in a coffeehouse before.
Oct 9, 2021 6:51 PM

Mar 2008
Not sure but I think coffee culture in the US is using coffee shops as a place to do stuff on your laptop while drinking coffee and eating pastries while other half is convenience coffee take and go drink while in the car on way to work or having to deliver coffee to people at work.
Oct 9, 2021 7:00 PM

Apr 2020
Don't know As I dont drink coffee or tea
Oct 9, 2021 8:19 PM

Jun 2010
I personally don't drink coffee, but there are many people I know who like coffee and must have it the first thing in the morning. I also buy coffee to keep at home to serve to guests who are coffee lovers when they visit me.

There are many coffeeshops and cafes chains and franchises all over places. Most of the time, I see many people sitting there with their laptops and a cup of coffee.
Oct 9, 2021 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
There are like hundreds of different types and names and everyone expects you to know them.
Oct 9, 2021 10:33 PM

Aug 2018
I have wasted several hundred dollars (USD) at least on cups of mocha.
Oct 9, 2021 10:36 PM

Sep 2017
I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee I hate coffee
I think tea is more popular
خ
Oct 9, 2021 10:54 PM

Mar 2021
Starbucks is huge. I personally have no interest in coffee.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Oct 10, 2021 1:32 AM

Dec 2015
I don't usually go to cafe/cofeehouse I know they are a thing in Poland excluding of course starbucks and there are quite a lot of people but also there is in culture that whenever you go to somebody in guests or you have a guests in your house you immidietally by the manners ask them if they want some coffe or tea (even during seminar my promoter asks us if we want to drink coffe/tea at the beginning of our class) and than give them the drink with those fancy cups with little plates under (Idk how it is called in english as in polish we have a specific name for this type of cups)
Oct 10, 2021 1:58 AM

Oct 2010
coffee and cigarettes is basically the romanian breakfast
Oct 10, 2021 2:24 AM

Apr 2015
Finns consume coffee the most in the World per capita. Like on average it's 4-5 cups a day, but I know people who drink 10 cups. Never really thought about the coffee culture, since it's just there and I only drink decaf coffee, which isn't common here. People drink coffee mostly at home and at workplace eating either bread or something sweet with it. Cafes are for when you're meeting someone. There are only three Starbucks in the country, so local small cafes are more of a thing here. In bigger cities you can see people with their laptops in cafes. Espresso, lattes and such only came to here in the 90's.
I guess more of unique aspects of our coffee culture is that it is the norm to have two 15 minutes coffee breaks in workplaces. Coffee is served alongside every meal. Households have several coffee cup sets reserved for different occasions, like three is common. Other is that people drink night coffee, about four hours before going to bed. Oh yeah almost forgot but some people also drink a cup after voting in elections. It's called "election coffee" when translated in english. I don't do it but my parents do. People here find any reason to drink coffee to make it more special.
konkeloOct 10, 2021 2:53 AM
Oct 10, 2021 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
People here go to coffeehouses for social means and to study or do work. The ambiance is usually more important than the actual coffee itself but some places have good coffee/espresso.

I visited Italy once and their espresso culture is what I enjoyed most.
Oct 10, 2021 6:46 AM
Oct 2018
honestly we could really benefit from more coffea. too lazy and unproductive mabye this is what will finally save us from economic collapse.
--
Oct 10, 2021 9:00 AM
Dec 2017
I don't visit any coffeehouses at all or really drink it that much. And well, i guess its the same as in America where people base their entire personalities on it.

Oct 10, 2021 4:40 PM

Feb 2019
People where I'm from snort coffee in powder form, because of how pocket-friendly it is. I think they call it cocaine.
Oct 10, 2021 7:15 PM

Aug 2017
All hail Starbucks in America. So many people drink coffee here. I personally think it's too bitter but I know people (who are high schoolers btw) that have to drink a cup a day

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Oct 11, 2021 1:48 AM

Oct 2012
Coffee is a must in the mornings.
And in the afternoons around 3-5 pm, we have coffee time, where we use coffee as an excuse to get together and chat, gossip etc.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Oct 11, 2021 10:44 AM

Jun 2016
It's a good excuse to go out and chat with friends, so I visit cafés pretty often. It just sets the tone for some comfy chats.
Loads of people do it here in this part of Europe, then there's the absolute fuckheads whose personalities revolve around coffee and they never fail to remind you that you shouldn't talk to them until they've had their 5th cup of the day.
Oct 11, 2021 10:49 AM

Jan 2021
I hate/despise coffee.
So I wouldn’t know.
Oct 15, 2021 7:30 PM

Aug 2007
Most of the households here rely to 3-in-1 instant coffee mix, which consists of sugar, cream and coffee, for their daily caffeine fix. And to make matters worse, some would add two tablespoons of sugar on top of the mixture because they find it bland! Unfortunately, this type of coffee sugar is the most affordable and accessible.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Oct 15, 2021 11:43 PM

Jul 2017
Not quite sure how coffee culture here in America is, but I'm guessing it's more popular in urban areas. Personally, I go to coffeehouses about once or twice a month on average. It's quite relaxing to just do work on your laptop there with a friend. As much as I like the branding and design of Starbucks, I can't say that I'm a fan of their coffee though lol.
Oct 16, 2021 3:11 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
konkelo said:
Finns consume coffee the most in the World per capita. Like on average it's 4-5 cups a day, but I know people who drink 10 cups. Never really thought about the coffee culture, since it's just there and I only drink decaf coffee, which isn't common here. People drink coffee mostly at home and at workplace eating either bread or something sweet with it. Cafes are for when you're meeting someone. There are only three Starbucks in the country, so local small cafes are more of a thing here. In bigger cities you can see people with their laptops in cafes. Espresso, lattes and such only came to here in the 90's.
I guess more of unique aspects of our coffee culture is that it is the norm to have two 15 minutes coffee breaks in workplaces. Coffee is served alongside every meal. Households have several coffee cup sets reserved for different occasions, like three is common. Other is that people drink night coffee, about four hours before going to bed. Oh yeah almost forgot but some people also drink a cup after voting in elections. It's called "election coffee" when translated in english. I don't do it but my parents do. People here find any reason to drink coffee to make it more special.

This basically answers it. Coffee has a part in basically every moment of a Finn's life from birth to death. But special coffees are not really a thing. like 99% of the coffee we drink are basic brew (usually light) with or without sugar and/or milk. Personally I'd say I drink 2-8 cups a day really depends
Oct 16, 2021 6:54 AM

Feb 2018
I like coffee. It's not as much as tea culture but coffee with chicory is popular
Oct 16, 2021 7:19 AM

Sep 2015
I'm sure some dutchie has already mentioned this, but here in the netherlands we have specific coffee times at 10am in the morning and 4pm in the afternoon. We consume so much coffee it could also probably be insterted into our bloodstream instead
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz
Oct 17, 2021 4:51 AM

Oct 2020
In my country people love to spend their free time in coffeehouses with friends or dates. I personally find them very relaxing and good place to have conversations.

pretty much this. though its quite worrying since coffee here are pretty cheap, and find some people who drink 5 bottles of it in a day. no wonder why my country has a short life span amongst all asian countries.
Oct 17, 2021 5:40 AM

Feb 2012
I live in Australia and i'd say the coffee culture is very strong here, there are heaps of cafes and most of the coffee served here is great quality which is a plus.

Oct 18, 2021 1:11 AM
Jul 2018
Coffee is for normies and dumbfuck college students lol
Oct 18, 2021 1:52 AM

Sep 2019
i would like to go to a cafe and i love coffee i love the taste its so bitter but smooth im addicted some how
Oct 18, 2021 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
Well my country is renowned for its tea. Not sure about coffee. I drink it every other day but there are better drinks out there. I would rather drink water tbh, but sometimes a latte is good.
Oct 26, 2021 3:59 AM
Oct 2021
Hi, I'm a coffee lover, the dark golden brew and its accompanying aroma make coffee a soothing and relaxing drink every morning. I always start my day with a cup of steaming coffee. On our street, there are several coffee shops and cafe chains. During our working hours, all of our pals gathered in the company cafeteria and always had a cup of coffee from the (https://www.faema.ca/)coffee maker.
Oct 26, 2021 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
I don't really care for coffee or food cultures and whatnot, I personally don't enjoy eating or drinking in public places.

And lately, instead of buying coffee from places, I make my coffee myself.

After I've tried a couple of dozens of flavors/brands, I stopped with Starbucks Toffeenut since I enjoy this one the most.

Nov 1, 2021 12:41 AM

Jul 2021
Most people are coffee lovers here because imo, coffee is a good way to get all my work done without having to falling asleep during the middle of it :3
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 1, 2021 12:49 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I had developed gout in 2018 after developing a habit of slapping coffee to everything, so for now I don't do it and therefore I know jack shit about coffee culture
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙

More topics from this board

» My concerns about the future of Japan.

9765 - Jun 6

34 by Zarutaku »»
31 minutes ago

» What anime or anime episodes give you a nostalgic summer feeling?

heyaheya - Jun 6

14 by Mayahuel »»
1 hour ago

» why spelling of english language is so hard? its the only language that has spelling competition?

deg - Jun 7

29 by ryan77999 »»
5 hours ago

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

48 by Ezeeql »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » NEET vs Wage Slave (poll)

xZakai - Jun 17, 2021

44 by creepylurker »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.