Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 10, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
My Hero Academia is back and we got Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki with their training session with Endeavor.

Looks like Bakugo made his point about being a top hero pretty clear. Also, got more storytellinga about Todoroki narrating about his past again, in particular his mom. Kind of a meh episode imo.

Jul 10, 2021 2:46 AM

Jul 2020
That ending reminded me of the old hard work vs talent argument. Really goes to show that even if endeavour used to be this big headed pompous idiot he did put in a whole lot of effort to close the gap between him and all might, even though that gap was massive thanks to all might having two separate quirks and one for all being kinda broken. Catching up to someone in terms of talent is basically impossible, but understanding how you can take advantage of other aspects such as information processing does help and I feel like that's a lovely message, but maybe I'm reading into this a bit too deep xD!

Hawks' triple agent business is fairly risky, thought he'd be caught out when the book was mentioned but surprisingly they convinced themselves that hawks was just spreading the message across impressionable youngsters. His feathers seem to be op at reconnaissance, hearing the sound vibrations from just one single feather seems brilliant. Endeavour realising the true meaning of what hawks was saying was interesting, I always find it kinda stupid how children are supposed to be stronger than the adult heroes who have years under their belts but I digress, it seems like the hero association has prepared for the worst to come anyways. I now get why hawks interrupted, to make sure the kids abilities are kept under wraps, smart move honestly.

Deku is wayyyyy too analytical xD, the bit where he just went on and on and on about his shortcomings was jokes, even considering that endeavour actually listened to his ramblings. Bakugo's improvements are fair enough, he hasn't really been met with a roadblock - apart from his personality- but shoto surprised me with what he said goddamn.

The end bit where endeavour gave each of them a task to follow was quite nice, as he's really taken it upon himself to improve the kids to protect the world in his wake, interesting stuff. Still more build up but this is actually some great foreshadowing unlike last arc so I'm quite enjoying the less action more mystery approach this shows taken, shows adaptability in a relatively overdone genre of tournament arc on tournament arc on fight scene with a new op boss business!
LeviathanHWDJul 10, 2021 2:55 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 10, 2021 2:47 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like the Liberation Army is going to attack in four months and Endeavor has finally caught the signal by Hawke. But, before that, Endeavor decided that he's going to train all three boys. Even, Todoroki wants to get stronger after getting over the unnecessary hatred towards Endeavor.

It was an alright episode. Nothing much happened. Just them training with Endeavor and learning from his experience.
Jul 10, 2021 2:54 AM

Jul 2017
The League of Villains' uprising that's hidden under Destro's Meta Liberation Army with Hawks at the forefront, he's determined not to let any evidence go loose of their tracks that's hidden from him. And Endeavour having figured out Hawk's signal, there's no time to waste other than U.A.'s student work internships being a distraction front for MVA's arc arrival.

Izuku's knnowledge knows no bounds, but getting drowned by all that information is totally unnecessary: it's micro-management of the new-found formation of One For All's Vestige powers. Bakugo is the same he's ever been, but between father and son Todoroki, the family restraint is one, and the hero acclaim is another matter.

But no matter, these 3 are trained to be heroes under Endeavour's jurisdiction, and no holding back from gaining experience in split-second flashes. If anything, it's quick-fire learning lessons with very little time to spare of parallel processing.

The only way is UP, not DOWN for these Todoroki, Bakugo and Izuku...moving forward ONE BY ONE.
Jul 10, 2021 2:59 AM

Jan 2021
Hmm, so there are more heroes working with the villains...

4 months for them to train, I don't know if they'll skip it just on the day of the events or whatever, but I don't want to see 4 months of training :P
Jul 10, 2021 3:00 AM

Dec 2020
This was a build up episode, it looks like that hawks make his job good but the Liberation Army is planning a big thing in 4 months.

Deku is still working with his black whip.
Shoto make sure that he not forgive endeavor what he to his mom but he want train his flame technique.
Bakugo want to know how to pass number 1.Nothing much happened in this episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 10, 2021 3:12 AM
Dec 2019
And with this episode they completely spoiled the end of MVA and removed almost all the stakes. Great.
Jul 10, 2021 3:20 AM
Sep 2015
As an Endeavor's biggest fan I absolutely have no problem on how long they'll train with Endeavor. In fact, I want to see Endeavor in every episode from now on. I'm still not sure if I want Endeavor to be my mom or my wife or both.

Next episode is Selkie so it means an original story, which is good. Selkie is such a furry hunk! I really need to stop sexualizing every HeroAca's boys and men.

But it's really bugging me that League of Villain is now in a nice meeting room, aren't they in poor situation before? Is it because a deal with Dabi? I already forget.

Anyway, while Hawks is sexy in his own way, his intelligence scares me. I'm not saying that Endeavor and Bakugo and others are stupid but Hawks is just in another level. I want to control my men, not the other way around.
Jul 10, 2021 3:37 AM
Oct 2016
We're getting an up close look at the Endeavor teaching style. This episode dud a good job showing how much farther the main boys have to go. There was quite a bit of retrospective thinking with what Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki have done so far with their quirks while at UA and what they need to do now on the streets on the job. Its two completely different environments, sure they've fought villains occasionally but being a hero on the job isn't like anything else. You constantly have to be thinking about everything on a subconscious level.

All your actions must become natural, which is Deku biggest hurdle. Other than full cowling he takes too much thinking time even with using the power of one for all. Not even talking about using Blackwhip along with it yet. He's far from that until he can use one for all itself more frequently. Bakugo and Todoroki needing to work on precision with their quirks. The power and thinking are there but not the precision to unlock their full capabilities. Endeavor giving all three the assignment of stopping a villain before him during their time with him.

Which is because the hero Commission wants the students ready as possible when this attack comes from the liberation. Hawks has been gathering information about them deep undercover as we've seen up close. The league is somehow involved with the liberation. Toga mentioned Shigaraki destroying Japan. Dabi still underestimated the students, which Hawks notes is good since that means they will surprise the villains with their strength. Hawks knows that these kids can handle the future that's coming, no matter how rough it will be. Hes spent time with Tokoyami and now the three maim boys to know they're capable. Were getting a treat next week with an anime original, not filler they're different things, episode following the girls at ryukyu agency going on a smuggler busting mission with a returning face.
Jul 10, 2021 3:37 AM
Apr 2021
finally, it was a ight episode, endeavor’s a pretty good mentor ngl
Jul 10, 2021 3:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good training time for Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki with Endeavor, they all have their own goals and motives, that's interesting.
Jul 10, 2021 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
It was ok
But I feel like they should’ve aired Mva before endeavour agency stuff
Jul 10, 2021 3:55 AM
Mar 2020
Honestly i hate the father side of endeavor but when it comes to the hero side of him..man i respect him way more than all might...I love endeavor's teaching way compared to how all might teached midoriya.
Jul 10, 2021 4:00 AM

Jul 2013
Endeavor is the best teacher. Even with Midoriya rambling a mile a minute, Endeavor understood everything and applyed his knowledge. His speech at the end of the episode was good, too. For Midoriya to improve he needs someone like Endeavor around because while All Might gifted him a quirk and trained him, All Might isn't an amazing 'teacher'.
Jul 10, 2021 4:02 AM

Aug 2020
The difference in quality between Endeavour agency arc and Joint Training arc is staggering. Suddenly I feel like MHA improved from its downfall.

Long way to go for Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki. Endeavour's teaching is pretty cool. Gotta love Hawks for overshadowing the trio to make use of them as a trump card.
Not interested in the next episode tbh.
Jul 10, 2021 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
Is it just me or does each season and each episode keeps on getting better and better?
Nah, it's the anime. It's just so cool! I love BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA!!!!
Jul 10, 2021 4:11 AM

May 2020
hey, todoroki showing off his inner eren yeagar

oh btw, why is everytime deku's monologue he always will mention that before he was quirkless or something that got to do with all might? so strange and cringe and weird
cant he talked something else other than need to be strong or i love all might

Natsude_tanakaJul 10, 2021 4:31 AM
Jul 10, 2021 4:22 AM
Dec 2020
Natsude_tanaka said:
hey, todoroki showing off his inner eren yeagar

dayumm...I didn't noticed XD
Jul 10, 2021 4:30 AM
Nov 2019
This episode simply put had some top-tier characterization.
Jul 10, 2021 4:40 AM

May 2018
Good episode. Hawks really has a tough job on his shoulders wow and Endeavour is quite OP
Jul 10, 2021 4:42 AM

Jul 2016
What a good episode, maybe not *that* good, but compared to the episodes we’ve had so far this was it.
However I don’t know how to feel about next weeks ep, another ship mission with Asui?? I feel like I’ve seen it like 2 times already lol. Hoped that after today’s episode things would start to go somewhere.
7x
Jul 10, 2021 4:49 AM
Jan 2021
This episode was really good.but next episode preview doesnt hype me up in the least. Also since they are putting an anime orginal episode next week are they planning to continue the endeavor arc till ep 18/19, then there will be less number of episodes to animate mva arc.hope they dont rush mva arc in 6 to 7 episodes
NachiappanJul 10, 2021 5:21 AM
Jul 10, 2021 5:18 AM

Jun 2014
Decent episode with us getting to see more of Endeavor training Deku, Bakugo, and Shoto. But man next week's episode....do we really need a filler right now. Next week will be wasted, then I'm assuming Endeavor Agency will finish in episode 17, which leaves the last 8 episodes for MVA. Hope it doesn't get rushed.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 10, 2021 5:41 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! I really enjoyed seeing them learn from Endeavor. Endeavor be 10x more better of a teacher than All Might is lmao. The episode was definitely directed super well, yeah sure there's a lot of flashbacks, but they help solidify the dialogue.

Looks like next episode will be anime original, looking forward to the Ryukyu agency's work study. As much as we all want MVA already, complaining is pointless since I am sure they already completed and planned out the season, so just save ya'll judgement after the season is over. Sure they've made some questionable decisions, but they have never really rushed an arc, so I am not really worried.
Jul 10, 2021 5:46 AM
May 2018
Good job Bones, Not only you did spoil the ending of MVA, But the next episode is a filler!
wouldn't it make sense to shorten that garbage arc (Joint Training) instead of MVA?!
But I guess the movie, and the Japanese fanbase that only like to wank on the Main cast is more important than the plot and the writing!

Jul 10, 2021 6:13 AM
Dec 2019
David08 said:
And with this episode they completely spoiled the end of MVA and removed almost all the stakes. Great.
David08 said:
what do you mean by that?
Jul 10, 2021 6:55 AM
Dec 2016
I really liked it because it gave us the stakes for this arc, and I love a good training episode. It was a nice change from the last arc, which felt like it had no stakes at all, or at least none I cared about.
Also Deku totally nerding out about the complexities of his quirk is adorable (in small doses) ❤️
Jul 10, 2021 6:57 AM
Dec 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Decent episode with us getting to see more of Endeavor training Deku, Bakugo, and Shoto. But man next week's episode....do we really need a filler right now. Next week will be wasted, then I'm assuming Endeavor Agency will finish in episode 17, which leaves the last 8 episodes for MVA. Hope it doesn't get rushed.

Yeah, I'm not really one for fillers either. Honestly I almost gave up on the last arc because I thought it was a filler.
Jul 10, 2021 7:01 AM
Dec 2016
David08 said:

I haven't read the manga and I walked away from this episode not knowing what's going to happen so what do you even mean?
PS, don't explain if it's going to contain spoilers.
Jul 10, 2021 7:04 AM
Jan 2017
ma boi Rikiya finally made his first appearance in the anime , and the voice actor suits him very well which i didn't expect .
Next episode is gonna be filler and we are only halfway through Endeavor agancy arc , so yeah , this season is seriously fucked up , not even MLA arc will be able to save it
Jul 10, 2021 7:33 AM

Oct 2008
oh no, based on the next ep preview, they're dragging this again...i wonder when would the cluster boom will happen?
oh nice best girl Toga Himiko has few lines this episode!
5/5.

Jul 10, 2021 7:39 AM

Oct 2015
Lol 6 hours since discussion started and still on the 1st page. Interest in this season is dead. At this point I don't think even MLA can save it.
Jul 10, 2021 7:41 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was pretty good. Parallel processing was explained in a nice way along with an example. That aside looking forward to more. As for Hawks. Oh dear. What he is doing is really risky as many will say. As many will also say one wrong move, and it is over. Though expecting the worse to come, and we will need more manpower. Though sadly it is the kids who is going to be that. Hope every hero does a good job teaching/training those who are with them because they got only 4 months.
Jul 10, 2021 7:59 AM

Mar 2021
Damn, this season is dragging too much. 15 episodes in and nothing of importance happened. The only wow thing was the discovery that Deku will have multiple Quirks. Still, Deku's new Quirk got shelved, probably for the rest of this season. Plus the next episode seems to be a damn filler. I'm bored....

Jul 10, 2021 7:59 AM

Oct 2020
It looks like there are going to be a few training episodes for the looming threat. Now, we also know the main threat of this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2021 8:00 AM

Feb 2014
Boi... assets on Boku no Hero are skyrocketing

Jul 10, 2021 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
So many flashbacks or recalls the past few episodes..
Jul 10, 2021 8:15 AM

Apr 2020
I really don't understand why they put that scene on the beginning of the episode. Adapting Endeavor's agency arc before the next arc was a wise decision but that scene just don't fit well.

And a filler next week, seriously...? Meta Liberation Army Arc is short but at this point I'm afraid if it will do justice to the manga.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jul 10, 2021 8:37 AM

Oct 2015
curvedtree said:

How is her right arm outside of the cloak?
Jul 10, 2021 8:53 AM

Dec 2014
This was a pretty good episode, especially compared to almost ever other episode this season. It was fun to watch and funny too.

Man with a Mission OP, it's been quite a while since I heard an OP done by then. I'm liking the ED more though.
Jul 10, 2021 9:18 AM

Feb 2014
MoonStar9 said:
curvedtree said:

How is her right arm outside of the cloak?

Things I didn't notice because I'm too much of a perv
Jul 10, 2021 9:19 AM
Nov 2019
Good episode, still way too many flashbacks though. Liked seeing Endeavor's method of teaching and the 3 students respond to him in their own ways.

Looks like next episode is gonna be filler. At this rate I'm not sure how they're gonna adapt MVA right if they're just wasting episodes like this.
Jul 10, 2021 9:30 AM
Jul 2021
Well, build up episodes one after the other! What can I say? This is my first time watching any ongoing anime and I'm absolutely unsatisfied when I don't get my heart beating faster in an episode T_T
Jul 10, 2021 9:35 AM

Jun 2019
A slower, but important episode setting up how the trio will grow and their deadline. Endeavor is shining more than I thought he would be in this prominent role. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 10, 2021 10:08 AM
Dec 2019
Shiro0347 said:
David08 said:
David08 said:
what do you mean by that?
Are you anime only? Don't want to spoil so all I'm gonna say once MVA starts the ending of it will be obvious.
Jul 10, 2021 10:09 AM
Dec 2019
Ladycat90 said:
David08 said:

I haven't read the manga and I walked away from this episode not knowing what's going to happen so what do you even mean?
PS, don't explain if it's going to contain spoilers.
Yes for anime onlies not yet, but you will probably understand what I mean in a few episodes.
Jul 10, 2021 10:42 AM
Jan 2018
Minerrr said:
filler episode next....... perfect.

thats mva rushed then

I wouldn’t say so, they’re doing around 3 chapters an episode now. And they already knocked out 2 chapters from directly after MVA. With seven episodes they can adapt the arc without feeling rushed. I mean, the Endeavor vs Nomu was like 4 chapters and it came together perfectly.

I hope MVA is done justice though.
Jul 10, 2021 10:55 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Hawks continues with his undercover work with the Meta Liberation Army which includes members of the League of Villains. He's been tasked with spreading the Meta Liberation ideology around to get as many people to join the Meta Liberation Army. I wonder how many of these so called heroes are secretly working with the Meta Liberation Army? Meanwhile, Endeavor has taken Bakugo, Shoto, and Deku under his wing to train the next generation's Big Three heroes. He gives them a couple of things to work on, but they have a long way to go before they can become pro heroes.
Jul 10, 2021 11:06 AM

Mar 2018
I'm so torn.

I enjoyed the hell outta this episode, it might've actually been the best directed one this whole season lol, every scene worked immensly.

But I'm now 100% convinced that the order they chose to adapt sucks, I won't get into detail as to why to avoid spoilers (because clearly the anime doesn't lmaoooo), but this is just hurting both this arc and the next one.
Jul 10, 2021 11:15 AM

Jul 2020
After a weeks break, MHA is back with episode 15.

This was a relatively uneventful episode, but it was enjoyable to see Deku speak, and Endeavor actually catch what he was saying. Exciting things are coming with Hawks, and I'm very interested to see more of Tokoyami's progression. It looks like he's been progressing a lot.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

207 by Astro037 »»
Yesterday, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

147 by Skowyt »»
May 27, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

295 by WolfWood37 »»
May 24, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

120 by WolfWood37 »»
May 22, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

155 by WolfWood37 »»
May 22, 9:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.