Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 12, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty chill episode although I feel bad that Koguma got slightly sick.

The bike riding on the road still retains its realism with the road signs and backgrounds. Reiko and Koguma's character chemistry still sells pretty well. I'm just glad to see the two being happy and enjoying their time together.
May 12, 2021 7:34 AM

May 2011
A lot better than the last episode. Nice chill ride going all the way to Kamakura. Would have been perfect if not for that last part though. As an experienced rider in Japan I can tell you what they did pillion riding in the end was definitely illegal. Aside from the fact of course that they lied to their teachers again.
May 12, 2021 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
another very nice episode, finally going on some trips with sightseeing and stuff so that was cool. it was kinda sad and unfortunate that koguma got left behind because she was feeling sick but glad that it turned out well in the end. really enjoyed this one, hope we get to see more adventures like this in the coming episodes. also, really loved that whistle version of the opening theme they used in that first montage of the trip, such a banger and lots of great happy vibes overall from it too. reiko getting a new cub could be pretty interesting as well, wonder how ittl look, cant wait to see.
May 12, 2021 8:02 AM

Apr 2010
Well the cub being useful ones again and this time something it really good at getting someone from one place to another.
The teachers not being to happy about it was funny tho.
Reiko was pretty happy tho still her own cub seems to be done for, breaking a Super Cub is really hard those things are really reliable and known for being bullet proof.

And i only noticed the heel shifter this episode, they are usually found on some big touring bikes and mainly those from Harley Davidson like the Electra Glide or the Road King.
May 12, 2021 8:21 AM

Jun 2019
I felt so bad for Koguma there. She was looking forward to that trip so much and she was so happy but she got a fever.

But props to her, she actually decided to go there by herself on her cub. It's always nice to see that she follows the traffic rules quite seriously. It was her first long journey and she was having a lot of fun and that's all that matters in the end. A very relaxing and peaceful episode once again.
May 12, 2021 8:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She's cursed to be sick for only one night before the school trip xD but well thanks to that he had her own little road trip with her cub and it was great!
May 12, 2021 8:25 AM

Apr 2016
No irresponsible riding this week i see.

Also for how "shy" she was presented she quite a rebel aint she lol
May 12, 2021 8:25 AM

Feb 2019
“I don’t want to change, I’m going to keep riding forever. Together with my super Cub” holy shit how can one anime be this amazing man. Koguma has grown so much already. Just her mannerisms and the little conversations she has with herself and Reiko, they’re so much more enthusiastic and alive. Her determination to still go on the trip solo despite the fever, climbing Fuji-san, etc. It’s been such a pleasure seeing her growth. Can’t wait for next episode
May 12, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Not many people will notice this, but when Koguma has her Super Cub license plate change from white to yellow, it presents a compelling case in regards to safety concerns (which backs the theory of how this fictional Super Cub has earned some roadkills in the past):
https://www.learnedinjapan.com/yellow-license-plates/

The exorbitantly long and dangerous solo road trip to Kamakura is expectant of Koguma (like it's on her bucket list), but a fever has her staying at home, a journey cut short by frailing health that she is willing to traverse despite the time lost. Just travel slow, safe and calm.

Going on the same trepidatious journey to Mt. Fuji as Reiko the episode prior, the same mental and natural challenges. And travelling along the many routes across to bask in the scenery of wherever Koguma goes to their school excursion, it's the same calm atmosphere that only one can experience on their own (despite the teachers' warnings of a potential accident).

Instead of the usual free time spent of traditional values, both Reiko and Koguma capitalizing their time on their own Cubs is nice to see. Of course, since Reiko pushed her Postal Cub to the limits climbing Mt. Fuji, it's in bad shape, and the thought of purchasing a new Cub (the CT125 Hunter Cub) for her expedition is pretty much a no-brainer.

A story of the Super Cub's long history, better take care of it as if you're treasuring a rich past.
May 12, 2021 8:36 AM

Apr 2018
Nice episode. Had a shock when she got a fever but it went away in a few hours and yes, she's stilll going. Amazing!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 12, 2021 8:40 AM

Feb 2020
Better than the previous episode which was a little silly and unrealistic. This was so nice and relaxing. I like this show much better this way.
May 12, 2021 9:14 AM

Apr 2014
Am I watching Super Cub or Yuru Camp? 😁
I really miss Kamakura and Enoshima, I want to go there again.
If you can't catch the bus just riding there, yeah! Koguma, you've done it. You are so amazing.

Her traveling distance is about 190km, which is quite a lot for the one who never riding a long-distance before like Koguma.

何それ?意味分かんない
May 12, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2016
Back on track, but who knows, maybe we will get another crazy episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 12, 2021 9:43 AM

Apr 2020
Every single episode feels like it could be a series finale. 🤣
May 12, 2021 10:16 AM

Dec 2016
More contrived writing by the minute.

I could understand Reiko bringing a cyclist helmet in case someone gives her a ride. But why would she be bringing the pillon's footrests (along with the necessary tools) to attach them to a supercub, when Koguma originally stated she was staying in bed due to a fever? I bet her ass was sored riding on the bare grill all that along with nothing to cushion any bumpy parts of the road.

Also, why would Koguma's class be all so interested all of a sudden when Koguma showed up in her cub aside the bus. It gave the idea all this time that she was almost invisible to everyone else in that class and that super cubs are something completely unpopular in their friends group.

Regarding to Reiko's comment that cubs can go wherever cars can reach in hillclimbs, it makes me wonder how shitty would the cars be that an incredibly underpowered moped can make a slowpoke hillclimb and proper cars and pickup trucks can't.

Wish they would have adquired proper CG farm to process the supercub CG shots, they are really jarring whenever there's a sideshot with all the lousy deinterlacing effect.
KimurahMay 12, 2021 10:20 AM
May 12, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2019
Glad to see that she managed to ride this far on her own even after being sick.

I could watch this perfect smile 24/7, it's so wonderful:

May 12, 2021 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
Felt bad for her getting sick like that, when she was getting excited over what she'd be able to do during this trip. Gave me Long riders vibes with the traveling and getting some food afterwards.
May 12, 2021 10:53 AM

Jun 2017
And so Koguma took her first steps down the path to delinquency.

May 12, 2021 11:40 AM

Jan 2013
i really like the bgm during when she was driving to the place especially the whistling portion...gives off that Laid Back Camp vibe
May 12, 2021 11:48 AM

Apr 2018
Another very nice Chill episode, i really got sad when she got sick but that dont stop her from riding her cub. They were so cute riding the cub together on the road :3
May 12, 2021 11:53 AM

Apr 2021
One little thing that bugs me about the visual production is that the city is always completely deserted when Koguma's riding. No pedestrians or citizens anywhere.
May 12, 2021 11:58 AM
Nov 2012
I'm mostly disturbed by where she may or may not have had the thermometer.

I'm also wondering how she convinced the school a) she couldn't pack her normal uniform to wear when she wasn't riding; b) she really didn't just feign sickness to ride down, and c) she's ok to ride home. Or are they going to make her drain the tank, break it down, and load it into the luggage compartment under the bus?

On the other hand, it's interesting that what is essentially an ad for this bike both made the case that kids riding it become delinquents who break their promises to their teachers, and that their newer models are crap compared to what they made a decade ago.
May 12, 2021 12:48 PM

Feb 2014
TTFW you will never ride a Super Cub with your cute gf Reiko that only talks about bikes when you were in highschool
May 12, 2021 1:30 PM

Jan 2011
Hahaha I like how she is growing with her bike and that bonding between two good friends and their love for their cubs.

Great episode
May 12, 2021 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
I felt bad for Koguma, as she was looking forward so much to the school trip, only for her to come down with a fever. However, the fever wasn't bad as she thought it would be and she was starting to feel better later that morning.

Think of it as a blessing in disguise as she decided to be a bit of a rule breaker and planned her 5 hour journey to Kamakura, with a little diversion up the Mt Fuji trail, where she had to work her Super Cub hard to reach station 5 due to the steepness of the road.

Her trip was a fun one to watch and in good timing, she arrived at the hotel at the same time as the coach containing Reiko and the rest of her class. She did make her "apology" to the teachers, but you can easily tell that she had no regrets about making the trip on her own. XD

In another step to being a delinquent, Koguma and Reiko used their free time to travel together on Koguma's Cub, where Reiko told Koguma of her plans of getting a new Cub, since her postal Cub took too much damage after her ambitious Fuji trail rides in the previous episode. I do respect Reiko for her opinion as to why she prefers the older Cub models over the "new" ones. =P

We're halfway through this series now, so I hope the third girl in the OP/ED gets to appear soon.
May 12, 2021 3:55 PM

Apr 2014
What a great episode! Okay, it wasn't good for my chronic case of googlemaperitis, but after last season's Yuru Camp this once more reinforced my wish to rent a moped for at least a few days during my next visit to Japan....

And after last week's episode I really loved this little moment of badass Koguma:

One thing that did bug me a bit though: If I feel so bad at 7AM that I would feel the need to check my temperature, no way that only a few hours later I would feel good enough for a 170km+ road trip. Not in my car, definitely not on a moped, and especially not with so little experience and barely any preparation.
WizardOfOssMay 12, 2021 4:15 PM
May 12, 2021 5:01 PM

May 2016
Kimurah said:

I could understand Reiko bringing a cyclist helmet in case someone gives her a ride. But why would she be bringing the pillon's footrests (along with the necessary tools) to attach them to a supercub, when Koguma originally stated she was staying in bed due to a fever? I bet her ass was sored riding on the bare grill all that along with nothing to cushion any bumpy parts of the road.

Also, why would Koguma's class be all so interested all of a sudden when Koguma showed up in her cub aside the bus. It gave the idea all this time that she was almost invisible to everyone else in that class and that super cubs are something completely unpopular in their friends group.

Regarding to Reiko's comment that cubs can go wherever cars can reach in hillclimbs, it makes me wonder how shitty would the cars be that an incredibly underpowered moped can make a slowpoke hillclimb and proper cars and pickup trucks can't.

Wish they would have adquired proper CG farm to process the supercub CG shots, they are really jarring whenever there's a sideshot with all the lousy deinterlacing effect.

Is complaining the only thing you're good at? I swear, in every comment of every episode thread I see you in it's always the same thing with you.

"Boring this. Bland that. Unrealistic this. Contrived that. Predictable this. Stupid that."

Do you simply not know how to separate fact from fiction? Is it really too much to ask for you to simply sit back, relax, and enjoy a piece of entertainment without taking everything about it so seriously? Hell, have you ever even gone out and had fun? Or are you so bored in your life you just got to find or invent things to complain about. Entertainment serves only one purpose, and that is to entertain. They're not suppose to be 100% realistic. You seem to have a very close-minded set of specifications laid out whenever you watch something and if it doesn't even one of those specifications than in your mind it sucks and no one can convince you otherwise.

Seriously, half the things you complain about you could have easily understood if you'd use your brain for five seconds and/or perhaps did a little research. But when someone does try to explain something to you you either ignore them or mock them by essentially saying, "I'm the smart one. You're not."(Remember our last conversation?) What you wrote here is no different and it's so stupid I can't help but think you're doing it on purpose.

First, Reiko is a biker and she's been in the game longer than Koguma has. If anything the last episode proved that. She's essentially developed a six sense when it comes to fellow bikers. She probably had a pretty good feeling that Koguma would try to make the journey herself and so she came prepared. Yeah, it would been nice if they had thrown in a scene of Reiko explaining why she had those things but it wasn't necessary because we already know how passionate she is when it comes to biking. I mean, come on. I literally figured this out in five seconds. That's what being passionate about a certain hobby is. When was the last time you had a hobby?

Second, anyone in Koguma's class would have noticed that she wasn't present when they had gathered for the trip, especially the teacher, and Reiko would have told them that Koguma was sick. Naturally they'd be surprised to see her there after being informed. It has nothing to do with Koguma being popular or not. Seriously, where do you get these impressions?

Third, have you never considered the fact that mopeds are a lot smaller and lighter than you average vehicle? A strongman could easily pick up Koguma's Cub and carry it a good distance before tiring. And did you forget that Koguma mentioned that she just had Cub modded and tuned up? Giving it more power? Allowing her to keep up with traffic instead of having stay on the side all the time? The cars aren't slow or shitty as you say. A motorcycle with the right mods and specifications can easily climbs those hills as a car or truck can. And for your information, an eighteen wheeler truck will be much slower climbing a hill than a basic Cub. Come on, man. I'm no mechanic, engineer, or even a physics major but even I know this.

And lastly, you're seriously complaining about CGI in Slice-of-Life anime? Give me a break. The CGI in this series is far better than Ex-Arm, Cestvs: The Roman Fighter, or hell, even Overlord III. And it's used very seldom too.

Honestly, all you ever do is complain and complain. Can't you just enjoy a show for what it's worth instead or just kindly ask for someone to explain something you don't understand? Why do you have to be a jerk all the time?
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
May 12, 2021 7:26 PM
Aug 2015
Loved this one, the worthless ep 5 is forgotten ! ♥

"Dear diary,
today I rode 200 kms on my own
I saw fuji san and the sea
then I my friend rode with
I'm happy ♥"

Srsly, I love the vibe coming from this show. (♥_♥)
May 12, 2021 8:16 PM

May 2020
I loved the chill atmosphere again, but I couldnt but laugh at the dialogue at the bath lmao

𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘

May 12, 2021 8:20 PM
Mar 2015
I really want the cross over episode between Rin from Yuru Camp here.

Overall solid episode and another milestone for Koguma
May 12, 2021 8:31 PM
May 2020
TWIN TAIL KOGUMA KAWAAIIII

May 12, 2021 9:21 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
This series is very good at nailing those chill and relaxing vibes. The friendship between is getting better and better and I'm all here for it

May 12, 2021 9:38 PM

Nov 2010
Super Cub and Satie's "Je te veux" are not a good match, I think.
May 12, 2021 9:41 PM

Oct 2018
ImmortalZero said:
...As an experienced rider in Japan I can tell you what they did pillion riding in the end was definitely illegal...

Really? Is it because of:
A_ the displacement of the engine? (only allowed on bigger bikes?)
B_ you can't ride pillion on routes?
C_ you just can't ride pillion on any bike, on any road?

Weird, considering the bike was made in Japan and still comes with a pillion Rewatched it to be sure, it actually had a grill (was that the reason that makes riding like that "illegal"?). We have a joke here for situations like that: you ask your friend "can I borrow a sharpie? I need to redraw my butt crack!" LoL

Here in South America you can carry a passenger on any bike, provided they wear their helmet.
Frank_86May 12, 2021 9:55 PM
May 13, 2021 12:48 AM
May 2019
ImmortalZero said:
A lot better than the last episode. Nice chill ride going all the way to Kamakura. Would have been perfect if not for that last part though. As an experienced rider in Japan I can tell you what they did pillion riding in the end was definitely illegal. Aside from the fact of course that they lied to their teachers again.
I know nothing about motorbikes but as soon as I saw them Do that I'm like that's probably illegal. Where I live people do ride motorcycles like that but those bikes are designed for it.
May 13, 2021 12:50 AM
May 2019
Aversa said:
Well the cub being useful ones again and this time something it really good at getting someone from one place to another.
The teachers not being to happy about it was funny tho.
Reiko was pretty happy tho still her own cub seems to be done for, breaking a Super Cub is really hard those things are really reliable and known for being bullet proof.

And i only noticed the heel shifter this episode, they are usually found on some big touring bikes and mainly those from Harley Davidson like the Electra Glide or the Road King.
to be fair we had rules like that when I went to vocational school. If you were still in high school even if you could drive you had to take the bus. Though my sister was out of high school so I was able to skirt around that rule some days.
May 13, 2021 1:12 AM
Sep 2016
kuroneko99 said:
Super Cub and Satie's "Je te veux" are not a good match, I think.

"Je te Veux", thank you, now I can finally rest in peace.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
May 13, 2021 1:32 AM
Sep 2019
tcfenstermaker said:
I'm mostly disturbed by where she may or may not have had the thermometer.

I too wondered this.
May 13, 2021 4:22 AM

Apr 2015
Best episode so far. I got really too distracted looking up some of the locations and I am still not done lol. This show is also one big inspiration for me.

Despite first having to stay home due to a fever, which later turned out to have be gone already, she didn't give up and still wanted to join on that school trip, so she decides to go there on her own accord with her Cub.

I just loved this roadtrip Koguma made and the whole episode looked so beautiful! Even the bike scenes looked so damn good despite it being cg at times.

The moments at the end with Reiko joining Koguma on the back of her Cub was so damn sweet, such a nice friendship. I also love the bath scene where Koguma told Reiko that she had driven on Route 134, while it was Reiko's idea and she was a bit salty cause of it. Koguma you traitor!

Having traveled this area myself, I saw a lot I recognized from my own trip and I just love that Enoshima is featured as well. We even got a glimpse of the beaches there, the same ones used in Bunny Girl Senpai. It makes me want to go back there.
CeddyyBearrMay 13, 2021 5:23 AM
May 13, 2021 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
After last week's minor misstep, this was an immediate return to form and possibly the best episode of the show so far besides the first one. All those landscapes - both rural and urban - that Koguma travelled through as she went to catch up with the school trip were absolutely gorgeous and the soundtrack was once again excellent. The change in tone from Koguma being so downbeat about being too ill to make the trip, to bemusement that the fever went so quickly to excitement and determination to catch up was perfectly done as well, and felt like Koguma's way of following up on what Reiko did last week; her own visit to Fuji, much more restrained than Reiko's, really highlights that parallel.

Also, get your minds out of the gutters guys. It's pretty obvious that Koguma had the thermometer in her armpit to check her temperature; that happens a lot when girls get fevers in anime, it just looks weird here cos Koguma is lying down when she checks it the second time.
May 13, 2021 6:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, the whole driving school in the summer one was just skip to get a full license. I actually want to see her passing it. But, its okay. Lol. That fever really annoying, only a few hour and its suddenly over. I feel you, Koguma. However, nothing can stop Koguma from her long-awaited school excursion, especially with all of those delicious food which she was looking forward to so much. So, its literally the super cub helped her granting the wish by taking the long trip together through all the way the route she was passing-by, to the school excursion site. Applause for Koguma and her bold decision. Glad everything just went by smoothly, nothing bad crossing her. I actually feel a little worry when she was passing the mountain trail. The breeze and her smile quite relieved my mind completely at those scene. Then, i can see why she wished to be always forever with her beloved super cub. How sweet little part in the end, under their sweet time.

As someone already mention in the other thread, the third girl got more screen cap as a cameo appearance. Idk how they will cross by with each other and under what circumstances. So i am really looking forward to see it, maybe in the next episode. While indeed Reiko information about to buying new cub also another really looking forward thing that i really curious to see. So, yeah, i will wait for it patiently.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 13, 2021 7:31 AM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic episode! I love this show so much, was pretty surprised to see that Koguma got her license off screen, I thought they were gonna go through that first lmao. The sickness really jebaited Koguma, but it gave her the chance to experience something she most likely will never forget. We were also blessed once again by Koguma's smiles this episode.

Really loved the instrumental version of the OP that was playing when Koguma was traveling. I am really liking rebellious Koguma, and Reiko is a really great friend, I love how much they've become closer compared to how awkward they are towards each other before. R.I.P. to Reiko's bike, we better see Koguma ride with Reiko in her new bike.

We saw lots of cameos of the third girl this episode, and judging by the title of the next episode, she's probably gonna be officially introduced there. Really looking forward to the next episode!

Also, Japan really loves to promote Mt. Fuji lmao. And I almost forgot to mention how we were blessed also with twintail Koguma, she looks so cute.
May 13, 2021 3:08 PM

Jan 2020
Koguma's recovery was strange, for me the thermometer was defective or something like that, anyway I started to think, how difficult it would be to face an illness while alone.

Apart from that detail, the rest was good, especially that the friendship of the two girls with that trip was highlighted, there it was a 10/10 for the producer, also they did not put fan service and that pleases me.

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
May 13, 2021 4:21 PM

Oct 2008
looks like the friendship of these two got a lot more closer! nice!

May 13, 2021 5:10 PM
Jul 2018
I love this episode, my god it was GREAT. It was really nice and chill as always, the last minutes with Reiko and Koguma riding in the cub was so goddamn beautiful
May 13, 2021 7:23 PM
Oct 2018
Man... why the fuck am I laughing dumbly while hugging my damn PC screen?
Akkarin! Hai!
May 13, 2021 11:08 PM

Jul 2016
Little escapades during school field trips? Man, this brings so many memories from my high-school days.

Well, well... quite the rebel our Koguma ended up being, huh? First long-distance road trip she makes and thankfully, with no mishaps or major difficulties in her way.

Probably my favorite episode so far. Koguma and Reiko riding together on the former's Cub was so cute and the OST was particularly excellent this time.
May 14, 2021 2:05 AM
Aug 2015
the story in manga is little longer, they cut the scene where koguma help another rider
May 14, 2021 10:20 AM

Oct 2016
By far the best episode of the series. It was wonderful trip. Very relaxing but dauntless. It’s fun to explore the road with our shy intrepid heroine.
May 14, 2021 4:04 PM

Apr 2020
Swagernator said:
Also for how "shy" she was presented she quite a rebel aint she lol
My thoughts exactly!! She lied twice to her teachers...once is a coincidence, twice is a pattern👀
Also, pillion riding is illegal tho

DirectorK said:
Kimurah said:

Is complaining the only thing you're good at? I swear, in every comment of every episode thread I see you in it's always the same thing with you.

"Boring this. Bland that. Unrealistic this. Contrived that. Predictable this. Stupid that."
Thank you, this had to be said...the negativity of his forum posts is mind boggling but tbh ignoring him is probably better than giving him the attention he craves

dai_san_gen said:
the story in manga is little longer, they cut the scene where koguma help another rider
Damn that's unfortunate...would have been fun to see that
asapabriMay 14, 2021 4:32 PM

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

129 by Myetx »»
Sep 15, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

173 by Myetx »»
Sep 14, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

108 by Myetx »»
Sep 14, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2021

68 by mo_lave »»
Aug 24, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2021

100 by mo_lave »»
Aug 23, 3:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.