Forum Settings
Forums

A really good anime you can think of that has a really bad ending

New
Apr 19, 2021 2:15 PM

Jul 2020
What is a really good anime you can think of that has a really bad ending?

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 19, 2021 2:17 PM

Jan 2020
Promised neverland really fell off after the solid first season

Apr 19, 2021 2:21 PM

Aug 2020
Promised Neverland was such a great anime till the last season. And Erased was an amazing series till the cringe ending.
Apr 19, 2021 2:25 PM
Jul 2017
Dunno if this counts but Attack on Titan had the worst ending in my opinion but everything before was actually good
Apr 19, 2021 2:30 PM

Feb 2021
Akame ga Kill, Ditf, Charlotte, Erased, and probably Ylia to some extent. But hey, it’s just my opinion.
Apr 19, 2021 2:35 PM
Jan 2021
almost every tokyo ghoul in the market!
Apr 19, 2021 2:36 PM

Oct 2010
hachimitsu to clover is a masterpiece as a romance and coming of age story, you can also insert other genres it's very good at. But man oh man, the last 2 episodes are garbage of the filth, and not because my ship was ruined, the ending is disturbing.
Apr 19, 2021 2:39 PM

Jul 2020
*cough *cough* Great Pretender and Erased.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Apr 19, 2021 2:42 PM

Sep 2020
The OG FMA, but while it does have a terrible ending, it still became one of the favorites.
Apr 19, 2021 2:43 PM

Dec 2020
The Promised Neverland and Erased.

Apr 19, 2021 2:46 PM
Dec 2020
Why do you make so many threads??????
Deathlydash
Apr 19, 2021 2:48 PM

Jun 2017
I thought Shakugan no Shana's ending was bad. I don't remember what exactly happened, but I know that I loved the first and liked the second season. The last one felt really lackluster with so many confusing things going on and things taking a really unexpected and unwelcome turn.
Apr 19, 2021 2:54 PM

Sep 2020
I really disliked the Mirai Nikki ending and i think AOT will also have an awful ending
Apr 19, 2021 3:01 PM

Aug 2020
erased, it was a very good mystery and suspense program and in the end they put philosophical shit in it and that you have to over-analyze with a fucking magnifying glass to understand it, although I don't think it can be over-analyzed well to justify that shit (it reminds me of a certain work that I just did little).
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 19, 2021 3:05 PM

Nov 2018
Aldnoah zero-Start with blast and end With shit.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Apr 19, 2021 3:08 PM

Dec 2020
Rakugo S2 was already a disappointment after the excellent first season, but it picked up in the last few episodes just to fuck it up with one line of dialogue in the last episode.
CLADDANApr 19, 2021 4:40 PM
Apr 19, 2021 3:20 PM

Nov 2008
Gurren Lagann is a wonderful show but that ending sucks ass. I don't care that it makes sense. IT. SUCKS.

Chrono Crusade's ending sucks too. Talk to any manga fan; they will type an essay on how much it offends them. xD

Nechron said:
I thought Shakugan no Shana's ending was bad. I don't remember what exactly happened, but I know that I loved the first and liked the second season. The last one felt really lackluster with so many confusing things going on and things taking a really unexpected and unwelcome turn.

TOTALLY feel the same way; gawd, first two seasons were great but I hate the end of season III.

People warned me about that too....and they killed my favorite character...yeah fuck that whole last half.

Apr 19, 2021 3:21 PM
Oct 2019
Attack on Titan was a 10/10 S-tier anime/manga, but literally just the final chapter ruined virtually everything
Apr 19, 2021 4:43 PM

Oct 2020
Darling in the FranXX
Many said that this show right here is just bad from the start, but imo, no. It's not the start. It's the whole goddamn 2nd cour of the show.

Erased
Is that even worthy of being called a goddamn ending?

Charlotte
This would be great if it was a 24 eps show. The ending and the whole travelling sequence felt rushed af.

Akame ga Kill!
Think we all know what's the problem here

Masamune's Revenge
What's the point on watching the whole show when there's not even a goddamn ending?

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Apr 19, 2021 4:46 PM

Jul 2020
The Promised Neverland had a really strong start but just wasn't good in the second season
Apr 19, 2021 5:32 PM

Nov 2008
DfDaxz said:

Masamune's Revenge
What's the point on watching the whole show when there's not even a goddamn ending?

I think to advertise the manga. I like the manga's ending but yeah, it is way longer than the anime series is...just like Nisekoi and other romance series....

Apr 19, 2021 6:28 PM

Jan 2021
As people say here...
The Promised Neverland.
Apr 19, 2021 6:41 PM
Feb 2020
Dororo would be one of my all time favourites if it never ended the way it did
Apr 19, 2021 6:42 PM

Nov 2020
Akame Ga Kill, it doesn't make the show bad but the ending was such a let down

RIP sigmund freud you would've loved Neon Genesis Evangelion

天の川 : art credits

Apr 19, 2021 6:45 PM

Aug 2016
TPN is an obvious answer, even in the manga. My choices are:

- Clannad After story (the super natural BS involved ruined it)
- Karekano (actually, the last third was pretty dissapointing)
- Monster (god, this end makes SnK end look like a masterpiece)

Ive seen worst ends in manga:

- Ao no Flag (the most insulting end ever)
- Sun-Ken rock (wtf¡)
- Billy bat (even worse than Monster)
:v
Apr 19, 2021 6:49 PM

Dec 2014
The ending of Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor keeps me up at night.

The ending of Naruto Shippuden while what was expected wasn't a very good ending.
Apr 19, 2021 6:53 PM
Mar 2016
Easy choice. Deadman Wonderland. I don't think a show can have a worse cliff hanger than that. Literally none of the shows questions were answered, I had to read the manga, and was kind of dissapointed but it was alright overall
Apr 19, 2021 7:04 PM

Mar 2018
It's a sudo-spoiler because the ending wasn't adaptet yet since the final season is yet to come....but:

Apr 19, 2021 7:15 PM

Jan 2018
I hope people are saying TPN for its manga since the entire second season was bad
What a beautiful Duwang
Apr 19, 2021 7:16 PM
Apr 2019
I had have to say Black Bullet. I was quite disappointed at the very last episode
Apr 19, 2021 7:26 PM

May 2020
Chiibi said:
Gurren Lagann is a wonderful show but that ending sucks ass. I don't care that it makes sense. IT. SUCKS.

Man I get that. It feels like it made sense overall but damn, it really dampened my enjoyment of the series as a whole... :/

My pick would be Great Pretender, an amazing series that sadly did a 180 with its last arc, throwing over all the convictions it established an leaving a bitter taste...
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Apr 19, 2021 7:35 PM

Jul 2020
The Promised Neverland 100%, I also didn't like how the Psycho Pass series ended.
Apr 19, 2021 7:50 PM

Aug 2019
I think great pretender and promised neverland had worst ending. Aot ending was ok but not its best ending.
Apr 19, 2021 8:00 PM

Mar 2018
MAN, I love almost all the endings listed here lmao. I guess I also love unsatisfying endings, tho

My decision would probably be Akame Ga Kill, especially since I know it's done LEAGUES better in the manga. Soul Eater, too.
Apr 19, 2021 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
The first show that came in my mind is Darling in the Franxx. No clue what kind of drugs they take for the last few episodes, but please take less or gimme something.

Apr 19, 2021 8:11 PM
Aug 2020
Threatheen said:
Bloom Into You. I was poised to give it a 9 until the ending hit.

really I quite liked the ending, did you read the manga?
Apr 19, 2021 8:12 PM

Oct 2020
Nechron said:

People warned me about that too....and they killed my favorite character...yeah fuck that whole last half.

Brah ... I haven't even started
, but I already know who tf you mean by that. I got spoiled ... damn
Daxonzion-Apr 19, 2021 8:15 PM

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Apr 19, 2021 8:15 PM
Aug 2020
Chiibi said:

Chrono Crusade's ending sucks too. Talk to any manga fan; they will type an essay on how much it offends them. xD

Nechron said:

TOTALLY feel the same way; gawd, first two seasons were great but I hate the end of season III.

\\

really I thought Gurren Lagann's ending was what cemented it as a great show, the characters reaching these shounen fairy tail heights only to go back to being normal again, it was a perfect amount of sad realism that honestly just makes the highs so much better. If things hadn't ended for Simon and Nia the way they did the whole experience of the show wouldn't have had the same magic to it. That's just how I saw it anyway.
Apr 19, 2021 8:17 PM
Aug 2020
CLADDAN said:
Rakugo S2 was already a disappointment after the excellent first season, but it picked up in the last few episodes just to fuck it up with one line of dialogue in the last episode.

Ha I actually liked the second season but I have a pretty hard time defending that one line of dialogue, I mean they did build it up but it was still pretty damn weird
Apr 19, 2021 8:22 PM

May 2016
Leoradiuju2004 said:
erased, it was a very good mystery and suspense program and in the end they put philosophical shit in it and that you have to over-analyze with a fucking magnifying glass to understand it, although I don't think it can be over-analyzed well to justify that shit (it reminds me of a certain work that I just did little).

...Did...did we watch the same show? Erased was never a "good mystery," and it was always rock-stupid and supremely easy to follow.
Chiibi said:

/r/confidentlyincorrect

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Apr 19, 2021 8:23 PM
Jan 2011
The only one i can think of is erased.
Apr 19, 2021 8:26 PM
May 2016
Darling in the FranXX will always be a beautiful mess to me
Apr 19, 2021 8:27 PM
Aug 2020
MichaelJackson said:

- Sun-Ken rock (wtf¡)

Monster's ending was brilliant what are you talking about? the whole point is that Johan's nihilism is still very much present in the world and everyone's heads, Tenma always feared that he would be turned into Johan if he ever killed anyone, however because the random drunk did it Tenma is back to uncertainty. The point of Monster's ending is that Johan and everything he represents still very much exists whether he actually survived or not we must grapple with the fact that his nihilistic outlook will always be feasible and that humanity will always have the potential to become like him. It's not satisfying in any way. something like Fate/zero ends with pretty much everyone dying or losing everything however it's a tragedy, that's how tragedies are supposed to end. Everyone had a tragic flaw of some sort that kept them from truly getting what they wanted and everyone's ideologies had flaws that none of them wanted to see, so it's sad but satisfying to see what happens to them. FMAB has a satisfying happy ending everything works out pretty well it is optimistic without being preachy and it doesn't feel like they got where they did without sacrifice. However Monster is different than either in that it is supposed to be unsatisfying, that nagging fear, that shadow of nihilism that hangs over everyone is still very much alive, even if it can't be seen at the moment.
Apr 19, 2021 8:31 PM

Jul 2017
Shingeki no Kyojin will have an ending that gracefully goes out of its way to trample over 13 years worth of writing.

Chiibi said:

They should've just left my OTP alone! 😭😭😭

Apr 19, 2021 8:34 PM

Apr 2020
The Promised Neverland is the first anime comes to mind
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2021 8:35 PM

Feb 2021
Darling in the franxx, ending could have been better but I am still content with its journey.
Apr 19, 2021 8:36 PM
Oct 2019
The usagi drop manga, my gosh what a car crash dumpster fire the ending was
Apr 19, 2021 8:39 PM

Dec 2019
Violet22858004 said:
Soul eater's ending was pretty bad from what i remember, there wasn't any closure. It felt like a random episode.

I don't get this one tbh it felt really nice and refreshing to have Maka just defeat the Kishin like that idk just worked for me call me stupid tbh I felt it worked for me because of how stupidly crazy everything is in Soul Eater as well as it made sense considering Maka's fight with Crona

Apr 19, 2021 8:50 PM

Aug 2016
DaddyDonovan said:
MichaelJackson said:

- Sun-Ken rock (wtf¡)

Monster's ending was brilliant what are you talking about? the whole point is that Johan's nihilism is still very much present in the world and everyone's heads, Tenma always feared that he would be turned into Johan if he ever killed anyone, however because the random drunk did it Tenma is back to uncertainty. The point of Monster's ending is that Johan and everything he represents still very much exists whether he actually survived or not we must grapple with the fact that his nihilistic outlook will always be feasible and that humanity will always have the potential to become like him. It's not satisfying in any way. something like Fate/zero ends with pretty much everyone dying or losing everything however it's a tragedy, that's how tragedies are supposed to end. Everyone had a tragic flaw of some sort that kept them from truly getting what they wanted and everyone's ideologies had flaws that none of them wanted to see, so it's sad but satisfying to see what happens to them. FMAB has a satisfying happy ending everything works out pretty well it is optimistic without being preachy and it doesn't feel like they got where they did without sacrifice. However Monster is different than either in that it is supposed to be unsatisfying, that nagging fear, that shadow of nihilism that hangs over everyone is still very much alive, even if it can't be seen at the moment.

wow, after all of that verbiage you almost made made me lower Monster score. almost. good try.
:v
Apr 19, 2021 8:54 PM

Feb 2021
These Animes:

Akame ga Kill
Prison School
Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Gulty Crown
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What makes an ISEKAI enjoyable for ya?

JaaShooUhh - 9 hours ago

17 by Gator »»
38 seconds ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga?

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

47 by Rndmguypassingby »»
10 minutes ago

» Which one of your favorite anime would you not recommend to others?

Gashadokur0 - Jun 4

28 by Rndmguypassingby »»
11 minutes ago

» what is your "guilty pleasure" anime ?

ame - 8 hours ago

17 by I_shoot_kids_fr »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - May 29

103 by Mayahuel »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.