Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is alright with a lot of focus on Teiou. One thing she should be wary of is taking care of her mental health.

Seems there's also some amusing rivalry between Kitasan Black and Nice Nature. One thing that's entertaining about this show is the amount of dramedy. On the other hand, I find McQueen and Teiou's character chemistry kinda cute this episode.
Feb 8, 2021 8:04 AM

Apr 2010
Depressing start but things got better towards the end.
Teiou finding her spark again was nice.
Now the question is when will her next race be and when will she face bourbon, something tells me that should be interesting.
Feb 8, 2021 10:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Teiou, she's always suffering but that end of episode was really heartwarming between McQueen and Teiou, she's Teiou's new goal and reason to race now.
Feb 8, 2021 10:44 AM

Oct 2020
I am happy Teio finally found her spark back. McQueen really is the perfect rival for Teio

Feb 8, 2021 11:59 AM

Sep 2019
I love McQueen, it was so sweet that she wants her rival to get better and encourages her. The last part made this episode great.
Feb 8, 2021 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Teio. It's sad that a horsegirl as happy as her loses her form completely. This is rather reminiscent of Special Week's issues she had back in season 1 all over again. =(

What did surprise me was that Bourbon already lost her first race, which was something I wasn't expecting to happen so soon, and she was beaten by Rice Shower, who stalked Bourbon's training jogging sessions before, as well.

Trainer did a good job in helping Teio with her issues and ultimately, it was McQueen who wants to help her out the most, as she's her main rival, but also her friend. McQueen still wants to beat Teio at short-distance racing, so the path to recovery for both girls will be long, but hopefully a successful one, too.

Teio will win her next race or I'll riot!
Feb 8, 2021 2:05 PM

Jul 2017
They both got injured from the previous clash. Teio's spirit had been cracked alongside it, but it's not totally broken, because she still got frustrated by a lost there, even tho it's just because her injury open up again.

Glad McQueen is there, to lit the spark in Teio again, their great rivalry continues, can't wait for their rematch when they are both healed. It would be even more thrilling to watch that's for sure.
Feb 8, 2021 3:12 PM

Apr 2015
I was surprised to see Teio and McQueen both injured after the race they both competed in. So Teio has actually gotten injured 3 times now. Teio really was down in the dumps, no more race spirit and motivation to run. It was good that Trainer send her to McQueen's place, to spark up that rivalry again and bring new life into Teio's spirit!

Even Bourbon couldn't grab the triple crown. All kinds of goals/dreams are being destroyed this season.
Feb 8, 2021 6:11 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Fantastic episode. I love teio and the focus on her and I loved that scene with the fan. The dynamics between mcqueen and teio are somehow always getting better and better every episode. I love it and I wasn't expecting to like this season as much as I do right now

Feb 8, 2021 8:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So not only did McQueen have her trade secret, she also has a billion dollar training facility lol. Jokes aside, a really nice episode, I’m glad to see Teio getting out of her slump and finding a new goal to focus on with McQueen’s help. Once again, I also like seeing more of the side characters, Uma Musume has so many good ones.
Feb 8, 2021 9:31 PM
Jul 2013
Episode 6 continues to impress. Some cool things I've found during it:

- Great job tackling the injury to Tokai Teio's right leg, like the real life horse had after the 1992 Tenno Sho Spring.
- Trainer's plan for Tokai Teio matches the dates of those races from 1992.
- Really enjoy the way the show made Rice Shower throughout the season. The real life horse was known as the "Assassin" so the way the made Rice Shower portrayed that well. (It's really fascinating the connections between Rice Shower and other horse racing assassin's, Roberto and Blame, based on pedigree - recommend reading about this)
- Good tie in with the Mihono Bourbon promo of calling her an expert at inclines, as the real life horse was known as the "Child of the Slope" and a "Cyborg" as a previous poster mentioned was in the Uma Musume bio.
- Interesting that they changed the finish position for Tokai Teio in the Tenno Sho Autumn.
- YES YES YES!! The rivalry between Vodka and Daiwa Scarlet continues to blossom. I live for this.
- And the Mejiro family secret training center is soooo much like I'd expect - the Mejiro ownership group had one heck of a training center themselves back in the day.

I'm kind of sad that they sped through the summer and Triple Crown races of 1992. Would've loved a more extended version of Mihono Bourbon and Rice Shower, but I understand that Tokai Teio and Mejiro McQueen are the main character in this season.
mjtags11Feb 8, 2021 9:35 PM
Feb 8, 2021 9:55 PM

Oct 2017
I'm glad McQueen managed to get Teio back in high spirit. I wanna see a rematch between the two but it will be a while before it can happen since both are injured.

Also nice Rice Shower beat Mihono Bourbon. Now I wanna see either Teio or McQueen crush her further.
Feb 8, 2021 10:46 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, Tokai felt a let-down and a lot of frustation she received after having the previous undeniable lost from McQueen. The long road to rediscover the reasons for winning, started again. Because, well, the same reasons wouldn't apply to her condition anymore. Lucky for her, the environment looked pretty much support her mood. The other horse girls showed Tokai how they've got many reason to reach their own victory. Bourbon even forced herself to be more stronger after getting that painful lost. Trainer-san did a good job setting her up to that place. Then, its ended up with a sweet redeclaration from both of them as a forever rival. Its such a fair reason from McQueen too, challenging herself against Teiou in her best distance. Especially with the fact that there are still so many races await them. What a wise personality she got there.

So, yeah, in the end, its not the time, yet, for you all, to give up, Tokai Teiou, and Mejiro McQueen. Lets start the duel thrilling race again!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 9, 2021 3:22 AM

Oct 2013
Meta_Yoshi said:

What did surprise me was that Bourbon already lost her first race, which was something I wasn't expecting to happen so soon, and she was beaten by Rice Shower, who stalked Bourbon's training jogging sessions before,

Super surprised me too! I kept wondering what they were doing with the stalker horse that kept following Bourbon. Interesting story there I think.

Man this season I feel has been better than last season in the feels department! Just everyones ups and downs and all the high tension races and Wins and loses. Really good season
Feb 9, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2011
I almost dropped this season at the last episode out of sadness from Teio defeat.
But this episode was great to make me continue watching.
Feb 9, 2021 6:49 PM

Oct 2008
so McQueen is the key to make Teiou back on track huh.
but Rice Shower beat Burbon!? wow!... that's why she always stalk her training sessions huh...
4/5.

Feb 10, 2021 1:39 AM

Jul 2017
Teio being injured has been a possibility, but McQueen's also down for the count as well? Not a surprise there, but 6 months is longer than Teio's pre-race recovery recuperation time, and by which, lots of races have ran their course with predictable star winners from another team.

Rice Shower vs. Mihono Bourbon, same team-cum-rivals, and yet, displayed the same fashion of Teio vs. McQueen through the underdog winning, the horseshoes of fate beginning to change every pending race.

It's clear that for Teio to get back on the racetrack, McQueen's the reason for her existence. But since the latter isn't around, Teio losing her motivation and Trainer making her leader of Team Spica, to learn something more than just racing.

Trainer sending Teio all the way to McQueen's sanatorium, a well-crafted medical house in an unknown place, to re-align the rival-ship of the two, which I thought is some good and needed character development.

The Mejiro doctor is back...which means more hell for Teio. Not once, but twice.
Feb 17, 2021 3:51 AM

Feb 2020
That was heartwarming. This season keeps getting a little better. :3
Feb 17, 2021 12:55 PM

Mar 2009
McQueen and Teio have such a great rivalry. I'm enjoying this season more than the 1st.
Apr 5, 2021 7:12 PM

Feb 2014
Okay, again another drama built up due to cliche injuries? Okay. Nice.

I miss the 1st season, sincerely.
Jun 1, 2021 2:31 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see Teio finding her spark again in racing through the help of having a rival.

Jul 2, 2021 7:00 AM

Jan 2017
No wonder Mcqueen won, look at all the advantages she has being born into the Mejiro family lel

Rice Showers is such a qt, especially with that personality of hers
Dec 18, 2021 6:19 AM

Apr 2011
Feel bad for Teio. She even got injured again. At least she found her spark again
at the end.

I'm surprise Bourbon lost, and its Rice Shower.
Jan 2, 2022 1:54 AM

Sep 2018
Episode with a strong underlying message, on which the whole narrative is built. Also this time the vision of this episode is very satisfying, but it does not lose its light-hearted verve, although the atmosphere is serious almost all the time so as not to be out of place with what the narration wants to express. The quality of the drawings is good as well as the animations, the characters do their dirty work well, this second season is not disappointing in the least even though the protagonists have changed. Interlocutory episode until the end where she is saved in a corner thanks to the final part, thanks to a good work of the director, who does not miss the contribution of the secondary characters and finally reveal even one of them kept hidden until now, curious to know his identity better.
Feb 13, 2023 8:14 AM

Feb 2022
Wow, what an emotional episode
                                                    slice of life anime, my precious.

2D>>>>>>
Mar 6, 2023 6:42 AM

Feb 2021
A great episode. Sometimes we lose sight on why we do what we do. So having someone there to support us or compete with is always great motivation.

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Jul 7, 2023 2:28 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I thought they were hyping up the Bourbon girl to be the undefeated champion no one can beat, but she literally loses in this episode, to who might be the actual final boss of this season, Rice Shower. Definitely got my expectations subverted there.

A slower episode with Teio down in the dumps, but it's okay since after a quick series of events, she is back on her feet again with newfound purpose for running. Which, I didn't really buy her having lost a reason to race and all that. I feel like she would of course be disappointed after her first loss, but would take it like a champ and keep fighting nonetheless. And the reason for her to keep on racing is one she gets from McQueen, who tells her that she is still not satisfied with her first victory against her and thus still considers her her rival, but from the REAL rivals Vodka and what's-her-name-I-forget-there's-so-many-characters: just wanting to beat someone. Now I've been liking Teio as a main lead for this series up until now, more than Special Week. But now I kind of miss Special Week; because her reason for racing was her promise to her mother(s) to be the best horse girl in Japan or something like that. Teio is kind of just like "I WANNA WIN ALL THE TIME", which obviously is the right mentality for competition, but it doesn't have as much heart as Special Week's reason. Anyway, all this lasted only this episode, so it's no big matter. We should be firing on all cylinders again by the next episode.

NYANPASU
5700XT

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2021

62 by vino1931 »»
Aug 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2021

44 by Shocked »»
May 21, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

54 by RusiansBF »»
May 16, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2021

49 by RusiansBF »»
May 15, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 11, 2021

49 by Fujiwara_Chika04 »»
Mar 24, 12:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.