Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2019 7:11 AM

Jan 2018
Does anyone users on MAL really want themselves to get married and have children. If not, then that your choice.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2019 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Been there, done that. And, no, I have no desire of doing that ever again.
Jun 18, 2019 7:25 AM

May 2016
No, I don't want marriage nor children.
Heck, I don't even want romance.

A sex friend is a interesting prospect tho, unlikely as it might be.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 18, 2019 7:30 AM

Mar 2019
heck no, that's way too much commitment and effort
omae wa mou shindeiru.
Jun 18, 2019 7:30 AM

Jun 2010
hotsushikun said:
Does anyone users on MAL really want themselves to get married and have children. If not, then that your choice.

Are you in a romance relationship? .....
Jun 18, 2019 7:42 AM

Jan 2018
ProGoddess said:
hotsushikun said:

No i am not, just wanting to know to the users on MAL.
Jun 18, 2019 7:48 AM

Jun 2019
No marriage is dead.
With divorce rate that we currently have and with anti-men feminist courts and laws it would be like playing russian roulette with too many bullets.
The only sensible thing to do is to walk away.
Jun 18, 2019 7:53 AM

Jun 2010
hotsushikun said:
ProGoddess said:

No i am not, just wanting to know to the users on MAL.

Ahh... I thought you already have a partner that you are thinking of getting married.

You missed something else in your poll. I believe some of the forum members may be married. Hmm.. What about those married and wish to be out of it? I know it's kinda bad to say this but it just occur to me. Treat it as a tease then.. ;)

Jun 18, 2019 8:00 AM

Jun 2014
I want a romantic relationship with a guy, but I don't know if marriage is necessary these days, as it tends to cause more harm than good.

And I definitely don't want children, ever.

Jun 18, 2019 8:14 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Less free time, monogamy, less sex, more responsibilities, the possibility of getting screwed or screwing someone after a divorce.

What kind of a person would even accept that offer. Well, for some reason I would.

Having children is kinda obvious, mankind has made it that far because of all the effort our ancestors made to make sure their genes will stay in the gene pool.
Jun 18, 2019 8:15 AM

Jun 2014
149597871 said:
Less free time, monogamy, less sex, more responsibilities, the possibility of getting screwed or screwing someone after a divorce.

What kind of a person would even accept that offer. Well, for some reason I would.

Having children is kinda obvious, mankind has made it that far because of all the effort our ancestors made to make sure their genes will stay in the gene pool.

I agree with some of what you said, but what's wrong with monogamy?

Jun 18, 2019 8:21 AM

Apr 2019
I want to have a family of my own, marriage or not.

kind of more of giving an unconditional love and not a romantic one

Jun 18, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2019
It's largel
Seiya said:
149597871 said:

Imagine a man so controlling that he would surrender his freedom for the ultimate prize of taking that of another.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 18, 2019 8:31 AM

Jun 2014
Sphinxter said:
It's largel
Seiya said:

Imagine a man so controlling that he would surrender his freedom for the ultimate prize of taking that of another.

What?

Sorry, but open relationships and polyamory are wrong. Relationships are built around trust, and these "open people" cannot be trusted.

Jun 18, 2019 8:33 AM

Feb 2019
I don't wanna ever get Married, I don’t like the idea of being on a contract with someone indefinitely besides I enjoy my free time too much & being in a relationship would take that away from me.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 18, 2019 8:37 AM

Nov 2017
I'd be fine with getting married or not. No way in hell am I having kids though
Jun 18, 2019 9:04 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Seiya said:
149597871 said:

Absolutely nothing. It is a good thing from a certain point of view.

It isn't the "relationship with only one other person at a time" that bothers me, more like "from now on I'm supposed to have sex with that person only and no one else". I'm not saying that I need more than one person at a time and if they are the right person we may be together for years and it wouldn't bother me.

However, the fact that I'll never be able to have sex or any form of an intimate relationship with a certain someone because I made a promise to another long ago in order to fulfill the expectations of the public giving up my freedom and having to pretend I've achieved some sort of a life-sustaining happiness, suppressing my true feelings with some fabricated morality...

Sorry, it probably doesn't make much sense to you. I wouldn't blame you.
Jun 18, 2019 9:05 AM

Mar 2019
Seiya said:
Sphinxter said:
It's largel

What?

Sorry, but open relationships and polyamory are wrong. Relationships are built around trust, and these "open people" cannot be trusted.
The only instance you'd need to "trust" a man is if he have surrendered control to you. Trust fundamentally relies on control and a promise to keep within said control.

What you call "trust" is another word for "keeping one's promise to be controlled"; in freedom, the concept of "trust" because irrelevant; a man that is free to do as he pleases and bound by no agreement is neither trustworthy nor untrustworthy as the concept ceases to exist.
SphinxterJun 18, 2019 9:09 AM

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 18, 2019 9:16 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
If its vanilla love where I fall deeply in love with someone and so does my partner and thus we use the "Marriage" system to simply have documentation of being together in the world then sure...until death parts . Just enjoy each others company..fulfill each other and so on. Then of course.

If "marriage" as how it's in our typical real world.. a cancerous disease where most families are broken or abused. Or marriage is done simply for money reasons. When divorces are made systematically in order to scam out money out of partner... then no.

Short variant. True love = everything is yes.
"pseudo modern attempt of being love" = I rather say no to everything.
Jun 18, 2019 9:16 AM

Aug 2018
Getting married: It's nothing more but a contract with the state to give up your half your shit and your entire dignity if you're male. No thanks.

Childern: We're already overpopulated causing a mass extnction. Plants and animals are all rapidly dying out because some parasic bipedal monkey and it will not stop untill we also go extinct which will happen. I don't want to put yet another parasite that's going to be forced to be a slave on this dying planet. Still, somewhere deep inside I want to raise a kid of my own because that's my biology, but in this environment, yeah, no thanks.
Timz0rJun 18, 2019 9:30 AM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jun 18, 2019 9:47 AM

Jun 2014
Sphinxter said:
Seiya said:

What?

The only instance you'd need to "trust" a man is if he have surrendered control to you. Trust fundamentally relies on control and a promise to keep within said control.

What you call "trust" is another word for "keeping one's promise to be controlled"; in freedom, the concept of "trust" because irrelevant; a man that is free to do as he pleases and bound by no agreement is neither trustworthy nor untrustworthy as the concept ceases to exist.

This is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Jun 18, 2019 9:52 AM

Mar 2014
i want to get married, even though living alone is kinda bearable for me atm but not with dying, dying alone is scary ._.
having children is optional but preferable. children could help me to comfort my partner coz i'm not very good at doing that romantic things ._.
Jun 18, 2019 9:55 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Sorry, but I believe marriage to be a bit too cultural. Besides it would mean a relationship requiring me to be faithful, plus it would mean a too great commitment with someone I may never grow so close to...
And children, I don't believe our species requires more individuals out there for a while, I'm a bit malthusian myself, and I'd hate with a passion dealing with kids all day long.

Jun 18, 2019 9:56 AM
Feb 2017
I probably won't get married. I don't really want any relationships with any of the females I've met, and none of them come close to meeting my criteria. Maybe one day I'll meet someone who does, but for now it is unlikely.
Jun 18, 2019 9:56 AM

Mar 2012
I can't even imagine having to live with a stranger for the rest of my life so no I won't get married. Even if I wanted to I would need to find a guy who is also asexual like me and doesn't want to have kids which would be extremely hard if not impossible for where I'm currently living.
Jun 18, 2019 11:07 AM

May 2014
I think getting married is pointless and i really don't want kids. Having said that, when i was in a relationship the person i was with wanted both these things and i found myself wanting them too. I guess that's what love does to you. If i end up with someone who wants to get married, i'd be okay with it, but having kids is a big no.
Jun 18, 2019 11:16 AM

Jan 2009
nah im out of the gene pool until science do not find a way to cheaply remove this hereditary diseases i have both physical and mental and besides im NEET and not a responsible person
Jun 18, 2019 11:36 AM

Jul 2011
No, I've seen my parents and this was good enough for me to decide to never do the same mistake, besides I really don't understand the concept behind it

Jun 18, 2019 12:00 PM

Nov 2016
Hell yea, brotha. But it's all contingent on whether I find a worthy specimen or not. Gotta spread my spawns over the Earth so that our future generation is less cringey and retarded than all the people who responded 'no'.
Jun 18, 2019 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
finally someone mention biological purpose as a response, nature/evolution/darwinism thinks the meaning of life is to spread our genes no matter how faulty it is to some
Jun 18, 2019 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
Thanakos said:
Hell yea, brotha. But it's all contingent on whether I find a worthy specimen or not. Gotta spread my spawns over the Earth so that our future generation is less cringey and retarded than all the people who responded 'no'.

Lol.

Some of us don't really care if the world stops turning after we're gone, you know.

Jun 18, 2019 12:10 PM

Nov 2016
Seiya said:
Thanakos said:

Lol.

Some of us don't really care if the world stops turning after we're gone, you know.

That's exactly why I call you retarded. Depression, apathy, and pessimism are so trite and uninteresting.
Jun 18, 2019 12:11 PM

Jan 2009
Seiya said:
Thanakos said:

Lol.

also those who decided to be out of the gene pool is kinda indirectly doing sacrifice for the sake of eugenics to make humanity evolve better anyway if we go by that logic of some sort of appeal to nature
Jun 18, 2019 12:14 PM

Jun 2014
Thanakos said:
Seiya said:

Lol.

That's exactly why I call you retarded. Depression, apathy, and pessimism are so trite and uninteresting.

Lol, let's see if you still have that mindset a decade from now, once you've lived for as long as I have.

Jun 18, 2019 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
Thanakos said:

Come back, after you'll do that, and succeed. Until then, your words are nothing but a bunch of hot air. Good Luck! Lulz
removed-userJun 18, 2019 3:35 PM
Jun 18, 2019 12:17 PM

Nov 2016
Seiya said:
Thanakos said:

Lol, let's see if you still have that mindset a decade from now, once you've lived for as long as I have.

I was of your mindset when I was 16. Seems I run through life twice as fast as you. By now, I should practically be at your level and I'm still of this opinion.

BallistikJuice said:

Come back after you'll that, and succeed. Until then, your words are nothing but a bunch of hot air. Good Luck! Lulz

Legit point. But until I've done that, your pessimism regarding myself is nothing but hot air too.
Jun 18, 2019 12:18 PM

Jun 2014
Thanakos said:
Seiya said:

I was of your mindset when I was 16. Seems I run through life twice as fast as you. By now, I should practically be at your level and I'm still of this opinion.

Lol, no.

Most people who want to "spread offspring" are generally conservative. I am not.

Jun 18, 2019 12:21 PM

Nov 2016
Seiya said:
Thanakos said:

Lol, no.

Most people who want to "spread offspring" are generally conservative. I am not.

What a coincidence. I used to be more liberal during my teens when I was of your mindset. But you know, liberals that lean too far left love misery. They don't really have any rational reasons for their opinions, just varying sorts of 'grapes are sour' rants. Luckily, I'm more conservative now. Grapes are no longer sour for me.
Jun 18, 2019 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
Thanakos said:
Seiya said:

Lol, no.

What a coincidence. I used to be more liberal during my teens when I was of your mindset. But you know, liberals that lean too far left love misery. They don't really have any rational reasons for their opinions, just varying sorts of 'grapes are sour' rants. Luckily, I'm more conservative now. Grapes are no longer sour for me.

I'm a centrist. I'm neither liberal or conservative.

Anyway, this conversation is over. Enjoy your life.

Jun 18, 2019 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Thanakos said:
Seiya said:

BallistikJuice said:

Come back after you'll that, and succeed. Until then, your words are nothing but a bunch of hot air. Good Luck! Lulz

Legit point. But until I've done that, your pessimism regarding myself is nothing but hot air too.

Oh, youth, inspiration, and sperm boiling between your ears. How am I supposed to be optimistic about you?!
Jun 18, 2019 12:27 PM

Mar 2008
I want to be in a deep meaningful lasting relationship but I don't feel marriage is an absolute necessity to have that. I mean if I really love someone I do not need such a formal arrangement to prove it. I am not totally opposed to it though since some ceremonies seem fun so I can't fully say no but can't say yes either. Marriage seems to have lost any meaning if it ever had one due to all the abusive relationships, empty meaningless marriages, and divorces. The only advantage of marriage over a lasting relationship is legal rights. I believe the legal rights associated with marriage should be detached from the ritual of marriage and given to anyone who fills out the right forms and meets intended qualifications.
Jun 18, 2019 12:28 PM

Nov 2016
BallistikJuice said:

Oh, youth, inspiration, and sperm boiling between your ears. How am I supposed to be optimistic about you?!

By avoiding the error of thinking that cynicism is wisdom and that your experience can be projected to everyone else's too. Simple tips, I know they are too damn hard to implement but you can try a heuristic: try to find happy families. You might've known one or two at least. I've known many.
Jun 18, 2019 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Thanakos said:
BallistikJuice said:

By avoiding the error of thinking that cynicism is wisdom and that your experience can be projected to everyone else's too. Simple tips, I know they are too damn hard to implement but you can try a heuristic: try to find happy families. You might've known one or two at least. I've known many.

I know some, but I also know families that are not happy, and there are way more of those than the happy ones.
Jun 18, 2019 12:36 PM

Sep 2018
I used to, but now that I see the risks I prefer not to.
Jun 18, 2019 12:44 PM

Nov 2016
BallistikJuice said:
Thanakos said:

I know some, but I also know families that are not happy, and there are way more of those than the happy ones.

Great. Now consider the negative bias and adjust your observations accordingly. The ratio will look slightly more optimistic. Then apply the simple rule that success comes from emulating success (not a blind emulation ofc but no need to get into details). If you know the reasons why your marriage failed -- that is to say if you are ready to admit at all that there could be REASONS for your marriage's failure -- then you already know that there are ways to be successful in this venture too. Just rest assured with the knowledge that others, i.e yours truly, kind of knows those ways.

Cheer up.
Jun 18, 2019 12:55 PM
Jun 2019
I don't see a point in not to, If you actually hit it off and have crazy good chemistry you should pursue it imo. But preferably I'd like to be a billionaire before i get married.
Jun 18, 2019 1:25 PM

Jun 2019
Timz0r said:
Getting married: It's nothing more but a contract with the state to give up your half your shit and your entire dignity if you're male. No thanks.

Childern: We're already overpopulated causing a mass extnction. Plants and animals are all rapidly dying out because some parasic bipedal monkey and it will not stop untill we also go extinct which will happen. I don't want to put yet another parasite that's going to be forced to be a slave on this dying planet. Still, somewhere deep inside I want to raise a kid of my own because that's my biology, but in this environment, yeah, no thanks.

This ^
And with current anti-male feminist courts and laws it would be a suicide.
Marriage is now nothing more then a obsolete and dead religious/government institution, and it's slowly being replaced by a HOOKUP culture.
Jun 18, 2019 1:29 PM

Mar 2017
If i was going to be married then it would have happen by now.

Theres only been one or two partners that i've felt comfy with in my life and marriage has never been a i thought even then.
Jun 18, 2019 1:44 PM

Aug 2017
It's not something I plan to do, but if it happens to me to find someone and we both share the deserve of living together and getting married, why not. As for children, I want to adopt someone, despising getting married or not.
Jun 18, 2019 1:54 PM

Jul 2016
No thank you.

I am already stressed out as it is, having to work for another person would just be tiresome and life changing for the worse.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who else loves Alcohol?

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

6 by DreamWindow »»
1 minute ago

» Tokyo declares war on Racoon

tsukareru - Yesterday

16 by ST63LTH »»
27 minutes ago

» Do you deem gratuitously killing insects immoral?

vasipi4946 - May 10

31 by CrazedRabbit »»
1 hour ago

» how to get into world history?

FruitPunchBaka - May 17

28 by CrazedRabbit »»
1 hour ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

33 by CrazedRabbit »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.