Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 10, 2019 7:52 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Movie is out in Japan. Now we have to wait for amazon/netflix to release subs.
May 10, 2019 8:07 AM

Nov 2007
Premiere stage greeting
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/330904
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 10, 2019 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
God I missed this show, didn't like how the prev series ended, felt like something lacking but this fixes it in a way, I swear the way they choreograph Mumei's fight scenes are slick af, its like she's dancing around them.
The way this started off was... very romantic, which set the tone for how this'll end too, its Mumei who fell for Ikoma and honestly she was adorable throughout their interactions, this sequel felt more like a story for Mumei rather than Ikoma.

Ikoma lickin Mumei's armpit blood was quite... y'know.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

One of the best parts of this series besides the animation and Mumei kickin ass is how amazing the OST's are.

Anyways yeah, a very fun yet sweet sequel, and it seems Mumei isnt just smooth and slick with guns and fighting, but with how she just slipped a kiss in there too, sly little girl, it was one of the most adorable kiss I've ever seen, but Ikoma.. bruh... you just got kissed and yet you were still curious about the stone moving? like... bruh?

That ED song was beautiful! felt so 90's with a tad modern mix, loved how the main cast were dancing with the beat.

8/10.

-StrayMay 10, 2019 10:44 AM
May 10, 2019 12:23 PM
Apr 2016
Okay as usually lack of information on this site, so tell me: Is this a continuation of that wreck, or a re-cap or something? Guessing from it having three films (first two being most definitely recaps), I would like to get a confirmation from someone who knows for sure.
Re:formed
May 10, 2019 2:43 PM
Oct 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Okay as usually lack of information on this site, so tell me: Is this a continuation of that wreck, or a re-cap or something? Guessing from it having three films (first two being most definitely recaps), I would like to get a confirmation from someone who knows for sure.

It's a continuation of the story. Takes place after the events of the mobile game.
May 11, 2019 12:49 AM
Apr 2016
Soreiya said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

It's a continuation of the story. Takes place after the events of the mobile game.

There is a mobile game even... Well, it answers my question. Thank you.
Re:formed
May 11, 2019 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
Netflix/Amazon actually released subs in japanese that is
so waiting for some anons on 4chan /a/ to do a fansub of this movie
May 11, 2019 1:25 AM

Apr 2010
Geez the action scenes in this movie are clean as fuck. Found a leak of what looks like part of the final fight:

https://streamable.com/rxrdx
May 11, 2019 1:28 AM

Jan 2009
@Banshee-IV

there is actually raws of the movie on the usual torrent site for anime though, so you can watch the full movie now if you cannot wait for english subs
May 11, 2019 2:00 AM

Jan 2016
With that ending either season 2 is confirmed or canned, this is more of a sidetrip before the final fight.

Mumei is going to get RICED soon.
May 11, 2019 6:22 AM

Jan 2013
How long is the movie ?
May 11, 2019 6:24 AM

Jan 2009
IzayoiSk said:
How long is the movie ?

the movie is split to 3 episodes that are 25 minutes each (like normal TV episode)
May 11, 2019 7:29 AM

May 2013
Banshee-IV said:
Geez the action scenes in this movie are clean as fuck. Found a leak of what looks like part of the final fight:

https://streamable.com/rxrdx

Dayummm, real eye-candy.

Have to wait a year now to avail a good print on physical copy, lol.
Truly a Divine Comedy
May 11, 2019 10:20 AM

Apr 2010
forexjammer said:
With that ending either season 2 is confirmed or canned, this is more of a sidetrip before the final fight.

Can't see why it would be canned. Attack on Titan isn't going to last forever, so I guess WIT is gonna shift their focus to this as their own original creation within the next few years.
May 11, 2019 6:30 PM
Jan 2017
The sub for the 3 part episode/movie is out, I just finished it. I don't know with i can mention the site for it...?
May 11, 2019 6:46 PM

Jan 2009
Loli_cop said:
The sub for the 3 part episode/movie is out, I just finished it. I don't know with i can mention the site for it...?

you got it from nyaa right? the subs are shit i heard so im gonna wait for a better one
May 11, 2019 6:53 PM
Jan 2017
deg said:
Loli_cop said:

you got it from nyaa right? the subs are shit i heard so im gonna wait for a better one

Oh, no. I got it from LQ, they're not bad
May 11, 2019 6:55 PM

Jan 2009
Loli_cop said:
deg said:

im like 99% sure that subs you get is from nyaa lol because nyaa is where most of the original subs are from
May 11, 2019 7:16 PM
Jan 2017
deg said:
Loli_cop said:

im like 99% sure that subs you get is from nyaa lol because nyaa is where most of the original subs are from

Really? The subs from where I got it from didn't have any grammar mistakes, i guess there are better polished ones coming out later
May 11, 2019 7:18 PM

Jan 2009
Loli_cop said:
deg said:

Really? The subs from where I got it from didn't have any grammar mistakes, i guess there are better polished ones coming out later

its was the shitty translation from english to japanese is what i see on the comments of that subs on nyaa
May 11, 2019 7:21 PM
Jan 2017
deg said:
Loli_cop said:

its was the shitty translation from english to japanese is what i see on the comments of that subs on nyaa

Haha, really? I guess they just want to do it quickly to be the first ones out there
May 11, 2019 10:32 PM

Mar 2008
Question; is this a recap or a continuation of the story? Because I want to watch it, please. Thanks.
May 11, 2019 10:46 PM

Jan 2009
FernaMedel said:
Question; is this a recap or a continuation of the story? Because I want to watch it, please. Thanks.

yes this is the sequel to the TV series

there is already 2 recap movies here
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33519/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri_Movie_1__Tsudou_Hikari
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33520/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri_Movie_2__Moeru_Inochi
May 11, 2019 11:10 PM

Apr 2010
deg said:
Loli_cop said:

I just checked out those subs you guys are talking about. It was fucking done by an Indonesian whose English is total shit LMAO. He keeps using the word "tuan" to translate "-sama" and at one point I saw the word "maaf" which means "sorry" in Indo, LOL. It also explains why the subs keep messing up pronouns because the Indonesian third person pronoun "dia" is gender-neutral. I know a LOT of Indos in real life who keep messing up "he" and "she" in actual conversations because of this.
May 11, 2019 11:16 PM

Jan 2009
Banshee-IV said:
deg said:

I just checked out those subs you guys are talking about. It was fucking done by an Indonesian whose English is total shit LMAO. He keeps using the word "tuan" to translate "-sama" and at one point I saw the word "maaf" which means "sorry" in Indo, LOL. It also explains why the subs keep messing up pronouns because the Indonesian third person pronoun "dia" is gender-neutral. I know a LOT of Indos in real life who keep messing up "he" and "she" in actual conversations because of this.

welp ye better wait for good subs then lol
May 12, 2019 10:17 AM

Jul 2012
Is the split up version just for Netflix? I'm hoping when this comes out on DVD it's all put together. The original TV series had an emphasis on cliffhangers (which got kinda messed up in the compilation films), but this one is structured properly for a movie so being split is less ideal.

Action in the beginning with the new music for Mumei and Ikoma's first new appearance was great! I also loved the new metal-infused wazatori, the fight at the end, the kiss, and dance. Very pleased, looking forward to another season. Araki did describe this movie as a "middle volume" in an interview, I believe.
May 12, 2019 10:30 AM

Nov 2016
Wonderful movie, I wish they make another season or movie because I really like Koutetsujou no Kabaneri cos its really quality "zombie" anime (except HOTD there are no another good zombie anime). For info its already subbed in full HD on internet (it's true that subtitles sucks because they saying frequently totally different words than original audio but I couldn't wait for good subtitles and also understood most of japanese audio so no problem). I had goosebumps during most of movie same like in S1 :)
May 12, 2019 1:44 PM
Apr 2016
Just 30 minutes? I was expecting at least an hour and a half...
May 12, 2019 4:51 PM
Oct 2017
JanPri said:
Just 30 minutes? I was expecting at least an hour and a half...

There are 3 episodes. Each one is 30 minutes. Total 1.5 hours.
May 12, 2019 8:32 PM

Mar 2016
I swear Mumei is 12 years old according to Wikipedia and other sources. Ikoma is supposed to be 17. Let that sink in. Obviously, it's been set in an era where that is legal.

Woulda preferred one between Ayame san and her bodyguard instead
May 13, 2019 2:08 PM

Nov 2016
Great action, presentation and soundtrack, so for what's worth it, I didn't have a bad time. Storywise it still didn't fully convince me, but at least I didn't actively dislike it like the later parts of season one.

And thank the Lord for Yukina's back :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 13, 2019 2:53 PM

Apr 2010
Emtwo said:
So guys please entlightend me.

i was believing this is the end of the franchise, but obv. it seems like this will continue, right?

Absolutely. The movie has an open ending exactly like the TV series did.

Let's be real: WIT Studio can't rely on Shingeki no Kyojin to be their moneymaker forever. It's going to end eventually. I think they're setting up Kabaneri to be their main go-to franchise for the foreseeable future. And because they own this original IP lock, stock, and barrel, even if this isn't making as much money as SnK, they get a much bigger chunk of the profit as opposed to doing an adaptation of somebody else's story.
May 13, 2019 4:40 PM

Jul 2012
SharadCJP said:
I swear Mumei is 12 years old according to Wikipedia and other sources. Ikoma is supposed to be 17. Let that sink in. Obviously, it's been set in an era where that is legal.

Woulda preferred one between Ayame san and her bodyguard instead

Those might be the official ages, but they don't look too far apart in age. Considering how tall Mumei is for a 12 year-old (and her breast size), she's at least started puberty. And when people are dying left and right to zombies (in addition to this being set in an older time period), Ikoma and Mumei being a couple is not a big deal...

Kurusu and Ayame are still being teased as a couple too. I don't imagine this relationship making quick progress though because of how flustered Kurusu gets.
May 14, 2019 10:50 PM

Oct 2015
Banshee-IV said:
Emtwo said:

i was believing this is the end of the franchise, but obv. it seems like this will continue, right?

Let's be real: WIT Studio can't rely on Shingeki no Kyojin to be their moneymaker forever. It's going to end eventually. I think they're setting up Kabaneri to be their main go-to franchise for the foreseeable future. And because they own this original IP lock, stock, and barrel, even if this isn't making as much money as SnK, they get a much bigger chunk of the profit as opposed to doing an adaptation of somebody else's story.
Wasn't most of Kabaneri's profit from anime merch? I remember reading that the stuff they were selling were more profitable than the anime itself
May 16, 2019 3:57 PM

Oct 2013
Banshee-IV said:
Emtwo said:

Unless they start to adapt attack on titan before the fall spin off, which just ended recently, it has about 3 to 4 seasons worth of content to adapt.

Depends on the interest though, a lot of attack on titan fans are not into it, including myself.
May 16, 2019 5:17 PM

Mar 2016
More like a bunch of specials instead of a movie but ok. As for the "movie"... It's the same sh*t as the previous season but with a better villain.

4/10 Try harder next time. Don't waste Araki on this.
May 17, 2019 4:55 AM
Mar 2016
The soundtrack and animation are really good like the tv series but the writing and characterization are so average that I don't care 'bout any character and just want to see some action/fights which this movie excels at.

5/10
May 17, 2019 12:01 PM
Jul 2016
Whoever believes mumei is 12 then how many Hentai have y'all watch because she is to young for having 16 year old boobs lol
May 17, 2019 7:28 PM

Feb 2018
Just make me feel like that. Mumei kissed Ikoma.

May 18, 2019 7:51 PM
Jun 2008
Ouch, looks like this flopped in Japanese theaters. Wit might lose a lot of money on this.

Movie itself was not so great. Writing was very poor, but at least the animation was cool. Felt like it mostly re-used music from the anime as well rather than having new tracks ;_;
May 22, 2019 5:14 PM

Jul 2012
darkmac said:
Ouch, looks like this flopped in Japanese theaters. Wit might lose a lot of money on this.

Movie itself was not so great. Writing was very poor, but at least the animation was cool. Felt like it mostly re-used music from the anime as well rather than having new tracks ;_;

It might be early to say the movie was a failure. For some reason it was on Netflix Japan alongside the theater release, so most people probably watched it there instead. I mean...a subscription for 1 month that lets you watch anything on there as much as you want costs less than (or about the same amount as) a single movie ticket, doesn't it?
May 23, 2019 10:32 AM
May 2017
Is the movie 3 parts?
May 24, 2019 10:02 PM
Nov 2018
Interesting idea to break it into 3 episodes.

It's a pretty mediocre affair all in all and I have a vague memory of being excited but slightly disappointed with how the original season ended. This is just the most by the numbers generic shit possible. The emotional resolution was handled so - so sloppily.

Animation was a mixxed deal. Some bits were frozen that could have been fluid which feels like they were saving on budget. Mumei though once again had gorgeous choreography. The CG is a bit jarring at moments but that's fine. Some of the Kabane movement was really nice.

Not super excited for more in the series. It's just too by the numbers. - Well maybe depends on how many mumei fights there are.

The American voice actor was hilarious though.
Kisai113May 24, 2019 10:08 PM
May 25, 2019 2:27 PM

Jan 2009
better english subs are out now

so the power of love can control or tame the kabane/zombie virus inside the kabaneris like Ikoma and Mumei and they are like official lovers now too

give Kajika some romantic partner too next time please, heck even the sexy woman driver now has a love interest anyway

nice movie and the sakuga action are good

May 26, 2019 1:31 PM

Mar 2014
Not bad for a movie although I do think its a bit short so it feels more like a filler than an actual sequel
May 26, 2019 1:38 PM

Jan 2009
SharadCJP said:
I swear Mumei is 12 years old

she is in legal age already in the philippines at least lol

but as a filipino like almost everyone here does not know our age of consent laws anyway
May 26, 2019 6:16 PM

Oct 2015
The giant monster and the stolen kiss by Mumei were my highlights. Overall it was a good movie but it was a bit faster and average when it came to plot. The father/daughter plot could've been done better.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 26, 2019 10:48 PM
Sep 2017
Overall, great movie and the ending was my highlight
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2019 11:32 AM

Aug 2013
it was a meh, but Mumei armpits is always a 10/10
May 28, 2019 8:27 AM

Oct 2017
Damn im so happy Mumei and Ikomas ship sailed the last kiss was so unexpected and cute. Both of their reaction after the kiss was soo freaking cute.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

RedS7 - May 14, 2019

20 by Adnash »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:00 AM

» is it just me or is Mumei being so sexualised

filler_032 - Feb 28, 2021

40 by Astraeus_ »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:07 PM

» is this completely original anime??

NaughtySempai - Mar 9, 2022

3 by AnlmeHeaded »»
Jul 21, 2022 1:38 PM

» Why this is called movie 3? Where is the movie 1 and movie 2?

mufarari - Jul 6, 2020

1 by Theo1899 »»
Jul 6, 2020 7:03 AM

» Why the netflix version is longer than the BD version?

FireShadowWolf - May 26, 2020

1 by StalkerFairy »»
May 30, 2020 1:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.