Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 28, 2018 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Illuso's personality at full display. What an episode.

We got action, psychology, and trash talk in between the drama. Also liked the usage of the soundtrack used this episode. Abbacchio and Illuso has such an intense character chemistry just like how I remember from the manga now. Good stuff. Man in the Mirror really is one badass Stand. Giorno joining in the fun too.
Dec 28, 2018 8:34 AM

Apr 2009
That
cameo at the end was pretty neat and overall DP did a fantastic job with the Man in the Mirror fight.

Next comes the fight I remember as one of the best in this part, exciting times ahead. Not to mention a potential new OP theme ;)
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 28, 2018 8:39 AM

Jul 2016
Today's episode was amazing.

Apparently, the next one is a "特別番組" which means "Special Program" and is titled "Inizio del Vento Aureo" that also means "Beginning of Golden Wind/Vento Aureo". So I guess the next episode is a recap and we're getting a new one on January 11, possibly along with a new opening. That's a bummer to be honest, I was really looking forward to watching the beginning of the next arc next week, since it's arguably one of the best of Part 5.
Mike4992Dec 28, 2018 8:42 AM
Dec 28, 2018 9:32 AM
Dec 2015
great to see vaporwave queen again! and oof the visual effects for Purple Haze was trippy af
Dec 28, 2018 9:53 AM

Apr 2014
This episode rocked hard and good. Dang it. Why does it have to feel so short every time I watch the episode?
Dec 28, 2018 9:59 AM

Jan 2017
Mike4992 said:
Today's episode was amazing.

Apparently, the next one is a "特別番組" which means "Special Program" and is titled "Inizio del Vento Aureo" that also means "Beginning of Golden Wind/Vento Aureo". So I guess the next episode is a recap and we're getting a new one on January 11, possibly along with a new opening. That's a bummer to be honest, I was really looking forward to watching the beginning of the next arc next week, since it's arguably one of the best of Part 5.

I noticed the special episode too, I wonder if it will count as episode 14 or 13.5, I really hope for 13.5 though, I don't want the actual anime to be any shorter
Dec 28, 2018 10:15 AM
Nov 2017
There's no point in saying that this ep was really good, everyone knows that :)
I was afraid that they would expand this fight for one more episode, but this is way better (tho some parts seemed to be quite fast, unlike the manga).
I really liked how they show a little "preview" of where the next episodes will be
Oh well, time to wait an eternity again....

Dec 28, 2018 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
And now we're past the introductory fights. Now the really good part starts!
Dec 28, 2018 10:38 AM

Jun 2014
This show keeps getting better and better, with yet another thrilling Stand battle. That small post-ED scene excites me for whats to come.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 28, 2018 10:39 AM
Jun 2013
Is it me or this episode's animation was a little... Duwang? I'm impressed it still managed to be pretty entertaining and thrilling tho. The music, vice acting and characters really made it.

I'm happy David Pro didn't forget the "I need orders like a soldier" bit for Abbacchio. This whole episode was so good for his character.

OST was amazing, especially when Purple Haze was about to destroy Illuso and when Giorno reveals his predicting. I already miss PH, he was depicted so masterfully. Damn Araki.

My favorite moment was Giorno suffering bc of the antidote. Idk. Props to David Pro for making this calm and collected guy literally roll on the floor. Giorno's getting more and more likeable with these tiny, lovely details.
Dec 28, 2018 10:44 AM
May 2016
Harisa said:
Is it me or this episode's animation was a little... Duwang? I'm impressed it still managed to be pretty entertaining and thrilling tho. The music, vice acting and characters really made it.

Really? The animation and art seemed pretty damn good to me. Really great combat and character-acting especially.
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/66403
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/66404
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/66401
That Purple Haze beatdown on Illuso was so fucking good, unf.
Dec 28, 2018 10:58 AM

Feb 2016
Oh my God, what an episode! I got the chills when Illuso went outside of the mirror encountering Purple Haze.

Can't wait for next episode, there seems to be a recap but well, I can maintain my hype
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 28, 2018 10:59 AM

Feb 2016
Tyansung said:
Harisa said:

I'm happy David Pro didn't forget the "I need orders like a soldier" bit for Abbacchio. This whole episode was so good for his character.

OST was amazing, especially when Purple Haze was about to destroy Illuso and when Giorno reveals his predicting. I already miss PH, he was depicted so masterfully. Damn Araki.

My favorite moment was Giorno suffering bc of the antidote. Idk. Props to David Pro for making this calm and collected guy literally roll on the floor. Giorno's getting more and more likeable with these tiny, lovely details.

What does PH mean?

It Stands for Purple Haze
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 28, 2018 11:04 AM

Nov 2016
Another great episode, Giorno is truly a brilliant thinker.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2018 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
They truly did justice of this fight. I didn't remember it much so I was quite surprised this week. Apparently, we will have a recap before we get the next episode. I also hope the new OP to be as great as Fighting Gold if not better.
Dec 28, 2018 11:36 AM

Feb 2013
Man, this was brutal!
Abbacchio chopped his arm off to give they key to Giorno who infected himself with that virus, amazing!
Dec 28, 2018 11:49 AM
Apr 2016
So, anyone else did noticed the moonwalk?
Dec 28, 2018 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
Ulquiorra said:
Man, this was brutal!
Abbacchio chopped his arm off to give they key to Giorno who infected himself with that virus, amazing!

Nah, it's just his hand.
Dec 28, 2018 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Goddamn this episode was amazing.
I read the manga long time ago so I couldn't really remember this fight. Everything that happened caught me off guard, like Abbacchio cutting off his hand and Giorno infecting himself with Purple Haze's virus.

I guess we'll get a recap next week and that's kind of a bummer, but that just increases the hype for the next arc, which is in my opinion the best one of this part.
Dec 28, 2018 12:27 PM

Mar 2008
Modernoir said:
Harisa said:

Really? The animation and art seemed pretty damn good to me. Really great combat and character-acting especially.

Well, a few seconds of good animation is not a proof of overall quality. I also found it off, with a strange pacing and some not so well animated scenes.

But, idk, there's something fascinating about the direction. The soundtrack (and also the lack of it) really helped to create a suspenseful atmosphere and the idea of an isolated place (and world).

Dec 28, 2018 12:52 PM
Oct 2018
This episode was literally sick. I can't wait for next arc, although the next week we'll get a special, but at least it won't count as a real episode.
Dec 28, 2018 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
I found Illuso's VA to be a little disappointing. He didn't sound as desperate as he was in the manga. That or its just that Fukushima was too awesome.
Sucks we aren't getting a new episode next week, but I'd rather have a recap ep than to have quality in my fave jojo fight ever.
Dec 28, 2018 1:07 PM

Mar 2013
the way Iluso melted after PH's attack was so brutal!
BLaCkGuN69Dec 28, 2018 1:10 PM
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 28, 2018 2:03 PM

Jul 2014
freelynks said:
The episode was really good but omg that galaxy brain thinking on Giornos part had me dead

Small Brain: Running away with the key and fulfilling your mission.

Big Brain: Infecting yourself with a flesh eating virus to kill the Stand User.

Bigger Brain: Infecting yourself with a flesh eating virus to trick the Stand User outside so Fugo can kill him.

Galaxy Brain: Infecting yourself with a flesh eating virus to trick the Stand User outside so a brick you turned into a snake can find him, letting Fugo kill him so you can use the snake's blood as a vaccine because the brick somehow developed immunity to the virus while being inanimate.

Giorno is playing 35D chess.
Dec 28, 2018 2:13 PM

Jun 2009
great one cant wait for the action on train
Dec 28, 2018 2:23 PM

Jul 2017
This fight screamed asspull with Giorno pulling shit out of his ass lmao
Dec 28, 2018 2:51 PM

Mar 2018
OG_Gattsu said:

Why? It was all in the limits of his abilities and all planed ahead. Fact is Giorno is a natural. Deal with it
Dec 28, 2018 2:58 PM

Aug 2016
Great episode, aside from some badly drawn faces lol. And now, of course we have to wait two weeks for the greatest arc in part 5 to begin.

holiday498 said:

I noticed the special episode too, I wonder if it will count as episode 14 or 13.5, I really hope for 13.5 though, I don't want the actual anime to be any shorter

It's confirmed as episode 13.5.
Dec 28, 2018 4:24 PM

Apr 2016
one of the best and most violent fights in Part 5, I love it! strategic JoJo battling at its best!
Dec 28, 2018 4:31 PM

Dec 2013
OG_Gattsu said:

Every JoJo fight is an asspull
Dec 28, 2018 4:36 PM
May 2016
OG_Gattsu said:

How was it an asspull? It was explained pretty well, unless you're just throwing around that buzzword for the sake of using it.
Dec 28, 2018 4:46 PM
May 2016
OverkilledRed said:
Modernoir said:

Well, a few seconds of good animation is not a proof of overall quality. I also found it off, with a strange pacing and some not so well animated scenes.

But, idk, there's something fascinating about the direction. The soundtrack (and also the lack of it) really helped to create a suspenseful atmosphere and the idea of an isolated place (and world).

I'm afraid I'd have to see some examples to get what you mean of the animation not having good quality overall. There's some scenes where the characters look less on-model thanks to the really fluid animation at parts but I find that charming rather than an example of poor animation.
Dec 28, 2018 5:17 PM

Mar 2018
If there's one thing I can 100% rely on DP to get right, it's the sound department. So good. Made the fight so much better. 5/5

Sucks that the next episode is a recap. Such a tease before one of the best fights in the entire series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2018 5:33 PM

Oct 2015
Giorno sure took a risk by counting on the guy's movement. I don't take away Abbacchio's hand sacrifice, he sure did a lot also.

Surely now Fugo and Abbacchio will be able to trust Gio fully as their true comrade from now on. That cliffhanger sure got me excited!

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 28, 2018 6:13 PM
Oct 2018
Giorno "Getting dragged into the mirror so i can infect you with a flesh-eating virus until you leave the mirror world so i can guide a ghost zombie using a brick snake to punch you and use the brick snake to make myself immune to the virus was part of my plan all along" Giovanna
Dec 28, 2018 6:35 PM
Mar 2018
today's episode was great, looking forward for the "special program"

[/url]
Dec 28, 2018 7:39 PM

Jul 2014
homingNoodle said:
Why? It was all in the limits of his abilities and all planed ahead. Fact is Giorno is a natural. Deal with it

Modernoir said:
How was it an asspull? It was explained pretty well, unless you're just throwing around that buzzword for the sake of using it.

They might just be bothered by the fact that Gold Experience is very open-ended to the point where he has a ridiculous number of powers.

Compared to Star Platinum being able to stop time or Crazy Diamond being able to fix things, Gold Experience can life punch people into paralysis, turn objects into animals, use the natural abilities of those animals, reflect any attacks caused onto those animals at the attacker, accelerate the lifespan of living objects, etc.

Basically, while it's entertaining, what I'm saying is I can't be surprised if the below picture winds up being how people react to it.

Dec 28, 2018 7:43 PM

Jun 2015
For a while I was thinking "hey so yea these are the longest 30 seconds in the history of jojo" but then I remembered the Jotaro vs Dio fight and how a single second of stop time took like 3 minutes of screentime, so I guess it's fine.

Overall great episode, the animation looked a little funky every now and then but I'm sure its stuff that can be fixed for the bluray later on.
Dec 28, 2018 8:08 PM

Mar 2016
Nidhoeggr said:
That
cameo at the end was pretty neat and overall DP did a fantastic job with the Man in the Mirror fight.

Next comes the fight I remember as one of the best in this part, exciting times ahead. Not to mention a potential new OP theme ;)

Agreed, Grateful Dead and Beach Boy is exemplifies everything about what makes Part 5 fights good. Brutal, tactical, high stakes, mystery, team fights, good art
Dec 28, 2018 9:18 PM
Mar 2017
Modernoir said:
OverkilledRed said:

I'm afraid I'd have to see some examples to get what you mean of the animation not having good quality overall. There's some scenes where the characters look less on-model thanks to the really fluid animation at parts but I find that charming rather than an example of poor animation.

What the hell?
When he cut his hand, why did the colors change?

Is it a failure of the fansub that I am seeing, or is raw also happening?
Is there any logical explanation that I did not see and I could not understand? That would explain why nobody else noticed it.

I thought that some of the two flashbacks had started, as it seemed that even the drawing style had changed

--------------------
And so it would look normal:

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 28, 2018 9:46 PM

Jul 2014
FireCrauter said:
What the hell?

Color changes for dramatic moments have been a staple of this series ever since Part 1. This isn't even the first time its happened in this part.

I want to say the earliest was probably Giorno vs. Bruno in Episode 2.
Dec 28, 2018 11:33 PM

Jun 2015
Hobgoblin2099 said:
FireCrauter said:
What the hell?

Color changes for dramatic moments have been a staple of this series ever since Part 1. This isn't even the first time its happened in this part.

I want to say the earliest was probably Giorno vs. Bruno in Episode 2.

This is actually the 6th or 7th time there's been color changes in this part, so I'm not entirely sure what they mean.
Dec 29, 2018 4:15 AM

May 2016
Every single one of the three Gang-Stars did their best to retrieve the key from Illuso even if his Mirror World powers were giving him a very big advantage. Leone even cut off his own hand and became one with his Stand on a whole other level to get the key to Giorno. A mouthful of mirror shard isn't something to scoff at either.

Illuso showed that he's dedicated enough to cut off his own hand to survive too but what awaited him was the exact same thing he tried so desperately to avoid all thanks to Giorno's really thorough and reckless planning. Not only was he being fully devoured by the death virus, he was also being pummeled with fists lined with broken glass before he turned into a gooey paste. Definitely one of the most agonizing deaths despite it's relatively short kill time.

That brick snake was both a life-saver and was also a full-counter to Purple Haze's deadliest ability but the snake venom vaccine being strongly poked into a raw patch of infected flesh must be like hell to endure as well. But that proved his absolute loyalty to both Fugo and Abacchio who were the ones most cautious of him and that's the most valuable thing he'd got from this. The leader of the Hitman Squad seems to be onto something but the next episode being a recap will let my thirst for what will happen next last even longer.

Dec 29, 2018 6:44 AM

Jul 2013
I feel very bad about Illuso, he was so motivated to survive and finish the mission succesfully, only to be destroyed by Purple Haze in a very gruesome way. Probably the 4th worst death of Vento Aureo. Kinda sad he was just a minor villain, since I like his voice actor a lot when he performs hammy villains, and he had a nice ability. Oh, well...
Gotta admit Purple Haze's beatdown on him was really awesome. A truly terryfing Stand indeed.

Giorno is a clever bastard, he calculated everything perfectly, and his bet ended being the right one. Good thing he's a good guy and not a monster like his father.
Also, Abbacchio best tsundere.

The final scene with Risotto and
was a nice touch.

Sucks we have to wait two weeks for next episode, especially since the next fight will be quite something. Hope at least this serves to give DavidPro time to nail the battle
Dec 29, 2018 7:07 AM

Apr 2015
well that was intense. another 10/10 episode
Dec 29, 2018 7:20 AM

Dec 2013
I was hoping Moody Blues would rewind itself to a state before cutting his hand so Abbacchio could be cured.
Dec 29, 2018 9:19 AM

Nov 2017
Great episode as always. Abbacchio is one of my favorite character in Jojo and this fight really highlights why.
Not much Fugo stuff but Purple Haze was dope as always, and THIS GODDAMN RISOTTO APPEARANCE MADE ME SO HYPED. Even though we won't see him for a while.. It makes me hope for even more La Squadra content~

Dec 29, 2018 9:42 AM

Aug 2016
[quote=FireCrauter message=56589461]
Modernoir said:

What the hell?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has no canonical colours. For example, Fugo Pannacota has yelow clothes and yellow hair in the games, purple clothes and white hair in the manga, and green clothes and blonde hair in the anime. So there is no "wrong" colour for characters per se.
The anime uses tense moments in order to showcase how colorful the series is, or like part 4 does, uses strange colour choices (yellow sky, for an example).

Also rip Illuso and Pericolo, we barely knew ye
Dec 29, 2018 10:03 AM

Mar 2008
FireCrauter said:
Modernoir said:

What the hell?

Is it a failure of the fansub that I am seeing, or is raw also happening?
Is there any logical explanation that I did not see and I could not understand? That would explain why nobody else noticed it.

I thought that some of the two flashbacks had started, as it seemed that even the drawing style had changed

--------------------
And so it would look normal:

Haha, did you skip the previous seasons? The manga is known for always changing the color pattern of the characters, so the anime incorporated it as an aesthetic element as a way to symbolize the dramatic effect of the scene since the first season.

Dec 29, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
Illuso showed that he's dedicated enough to cut off his own hand to survive too but what awaited him was the exact same thing he tried so desperately to avoid all thanks to Giorno's really thorough and reckless planning. Not only was he being fully devoured by the death virus, he was also being pummeled with fists lined with broken glass before he turned into a gooey paste. Definitely one of the most agonizing deaths despite it's relatively short kill time.

Not only that, there's a shot that's obscured in the anime of what happens to Illuso right before he starts melting. It's shown more explicitly in the manga.

Purple Haze straight up punches his face off.

KanameYuuki said:
I was hoping Moody Blues would rewind itself to a state before cutting his hand so Abbacchio could be cured.

Bruno can zip it back on like he did with that other guy's arm.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you feel like Jojo became boring after the first 3 parts?

removed-user - Dec 5, 2019

48 by antblobber »»
May 30, 12:09 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

abystoma2 - Aug 10, 2018

234 by CAESAR_lover14 »»
May 10, 8:33 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.