Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 18, 2018 8:03 AM

Dec 2017
you actually hate Animes? Just saw people who hated over 1000 shows in reviews, comments and ratings, not a single positive thing. PMing these people did not help. Anyone here who experienced something similar/knows people who act like that? Cant really understand the pure hate some people spread on websites like this lol

RHYZEDMay 19, 2018 12:42 PM
I am ignorant - brace yourself!!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 18, 2018 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, i used to like Naruto too.

But times change.
May 18, 2018 8:05 AM

Dec 2017
You have more to compare I guess but thats understandable - also taste is understandable of course

But the pure hate is something I dont understand like why do you even watch so many Animes then..:D
May 18, 2018 8:06 AM

May 2017
Always a meme seeing how others grade anime
May 18, 2018 8:07 AM
Aug 2016
Oh great, another thread on why people should rate certain shows on the average rating...

Bad anime has its good moments too, my dude :P

May 18, 2018 8:07 AM

Feb 2016
What if I told you I can still enjoy a 3/10 anime.
May 18, 2018 8:08 AM

Dec 2017
Based said:
Oh great, another thread on why people should rate certain shows on the average rating...

Did you not read my post? LOL

I am wondering why people rate over 1000 Animes so bad or hate them like why do you watch 1000 shows when you know that you wont like them. Thats senseless
May 18, 2018 8:11 AM
Aug 2016
RHYZED said:
Based said:

I am wondering why people rate over 1000 Animes bad or hate them like why do you watch 1000 shows when you know that you wont like them. Thats senseless

I did read your post.

But it seems you just have a problem with people who rate lower than the average score. I see no problem with people rating a show they would dislike or even rating it a low score..

May 18, 2018 8:13 AM

Apr 2017
1. they maybe an elitist

2. theyre masochists for
a. participating in the no-drop policy, watching shows they hate til the end just to give an appaling score
b. watching anime itself

3. mal rating system is really hard, imagine rating from 1-10, no wonder the ratings is irrelevant and i see people always revamping scores. this is also the reason why some people have their own rating system (again why the mal ratings is irrelevant), i saw someone rating it like oh its bad heres a 2, mediocore 5 then, good heres 7, thats my shit heres a 10, and ignores the other numbers, but i dont really blame them im 5-rating system stan

still life: pink roses
May 18, 2018 8:14 AM

Dec 2017
Based said:
RHYZED said:

I am wondering why people rate over 1000 Animes bad or hate them like why do you watch 1000 shows when you know that you wont like them. Thats senseless

I did read your post.

But it seems you just have a problem with people who rate lower than the average score. I see no problem with people rating a show they would dislike or even rating it a low score..

Totally fine with low ratings -

But I dont understand why people say they watch Anime but hate every show they watched. (Like only 10 Animes out of 200 were enjoyable). Dont tell me.. :D
May 18, 2018 8:15 AM

May 2014
So if I give all the anime I watch a 10/10, does that mean I fully love every anime, or vice versa? Yeah I didn't think so.
May 18, 2018 8:15 AM

Oct 2015
Because I love the anime/manga industry, no matter what it looks like. I'm tsundere that way. I have an attachment to Infinite Stratos, which I gave a 4, still one of my favorite harems.

Again, low score =/= hate anime, I find a lot of anime enjoyable, it's just the level of that aspect.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 18, 2018 8:17 AM

Dec 2017
sunako199 said:
1. they maybe an elitist

2. theyre masochists for
a. participating in the no-drop policy, watching shows they hate til the end just to give an appaling score
b. watching anime itself

3. mal rating system is really hard, imagine rating from 1-10, no wonder the ratings is irrelevant and i see people always revamping scores. this is also the reason why some people have their own rating system (again why the mal ratings is irrelevant), i saw someone rating it like oh its bad heres a 2, mediocore 5 then, good heres 7, thats my shit heres a 10, and ignores the other numbers, but i dont really nlame them im 5-rating system stan

Yeah something thats also understandable..

But some people also comment with pure hate. They act like: Oh let us find all the bad things about an Anime just to give a bad rating + bad review.

Not that I take every single rating serious. Like I said - I just saw a few users who hate on every show with good reasons but why do you even startet watching animes in the first place if you know you will hate over 500 shows?? Like thats waste of time aswell.. :D
May 18, 2018 8:18 AM

Nov 2016
People who use the full rating scale are inherently more interesting than the ones that rate everything 8+
May 18, 2018 8:19 AM

Feb 2016
Maybe he thinks that 1 is the top and 10 is the bottom.
May 18, 2018 8:19 AM
Aug 2016
sunako199 said:
1. they maybe an elitist

3. mal rating system is really hard, imagine rating from 1-10, no wonder the ratings is irrelevant and i see people always revamping scores. this is also the reason why some people have their own rating system (again why the mal ratings is irrelevant), i saw someone rating it like oh its bad heres a 2, mediocore 5 then, good heres 7, thats my shit heres a 10, and ignores the other numbers, but i dont really blame them im 5-rating system stan

1. ????????

3. The MAL's rating system is really hard? What does it even mean?

Pixel_Vapour said:
People who use the full rating scale are inherently more interesting than the ones that rate everything 8+

^ouch, the truth bomb.
>inb4 someone says elitist

OT: The plural form of the word anime is anime, btw.

May 18, 2018 8:20 AM

May 2017
You are just going to realise the first ones you watched and loved weren't that original and special
at least in my case i loved Naruto but after watching fair share of shounens i think its
average now.

May 18, 2018 8:20 AM

Dec 2015
Like food, it's normal to consume something before judging it.

I doubt someone will stop watching TV after 1000hours sitting in front of it just because most of it was not worth being called a masterpiece or something elevating the audience's mind.
May 18, 2018 8:23 AM

Dec 2017
Pixel_Vapour said:

Probably, yes.

But watching over 500 shows but no show better than a 7 is just dumb. These people MUST have 1-2 absolute favourites and there is a good reason why it is your absolute favourite. Why a 7 then? Why not a 10? For you its the best thing you watched to this point. But you give it a weird score. Not logical for me
May 18, 2018 8:23 AM

Nov 2017
Something that you will understand? Uh, dunno, it's matter of choice actually. You can watch 1000 anime and develop a "taste", but you'll try to deny that taste and will say my taste is every anime there is in earth.

Rather than saying will you understand, it's more - do you want to understand that kind of view or not.
May 18, 2018 8:24 AM

Aug 2015
1. They actually use the lower half of the scale.

2. They rate based on quality and not solely on enjoyment.

3. They believe everything is worth watching. I finished Shippuuden a couple days ago after leaving it on-hold for 3 years and ended up rating it 1/10, but I don't think it was a waste of time at all.

Scores don't matter as much as you think they do. Ask the user themselves instead of making baseless assumptions.

Mar 2017
that's the thing; you just started watching anime so everything feels new and fresh. once you start watching more and more, you'll find that not every show will appeal to you, regardless if its good or bad
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)

Sep 2014
MohAngelo said:

lol. Never thought about that. That might be a possibility.
May 18, 2018 8:25 AM

Nov 2016
RHYZED said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

Probably, yes.

But watching over 500 shows but no show better than a 7 is just dumb. These people MUST have 1-2 absolute favourites and there is a good reason why it is your absolute favourite. Why a 7 then? Why not a 10? For you its the best thing you watched to this point. But you give it a weird score. Not logical for me

That's true but then they wouldn't be using the full rating scale.
May 18, 2018 8:27 AM

Apr 2017
RHYZED said:
sunako199 said:
1. they maybe an elitist

2. theyre masochists for
b. watching anime itself

3. mal rating system is really hard, imagine rating from 1-10, no wonder the ratings is irrelevant and i see people always revamping scores. this is also the reason why some people have their own rating system (again why the mal ratings is irrelevant), i saw someone rating it like oh its bad heres a 2, mediocore 5 then, good heres 7, thats my shit heres a 10, and ignores the other numbers, but i dont really nlame them im 5-rating system stan

Yeah something thats also understandable..

But some people also comment with pure hate. They act like: Oh let us find all the bad things about an Anime just to give a bad rating + bad review.

Not that I take every single rating serious. Like I said - I just saw a few users who hate on every show with good reasons but why do you even startet watching animes in the first place if you know you will hate over 500 shows?? Like thats waste of time aswell.. :D
yep thats understandable that applies mostly to number 2, theyre masochist that although they hate anime, they keep watching

Aslt said:
sunako199 said:
1. they maybe an elitist

1. ????????

3. because rating from 1-10 is shit, if i were to be honest, people are not critical enough and see scores from like 2-5 honestly similar, doesnt even have their proper captions with words defining them that are seemingly worth differentiating. i can support this with hundreds of threads regarding revamping scores or rating all over again all the shows theyve completed, and people having different rating system like some have only 1-5 to make it more uncritical and comfortably easier

and no i dont need a lecture mal isnt an english class, im a normie

May 18, 2018 8:28 AM

Dec 2017
Ye totally agree with most of the answers.

Thank you for the answers :b
May 18, 2018 8:35 AM

Nov 2017
Normally I drop shows I would probably rate with less than a 6. If not my list would be full of them...
May 18, 2018 8:38 AM

Dec 2017
Heldengeist said:
Quick guide to anyone's ratings:

Everyone has a mean score. Whatever they lie about their rating method, their mean score is what they trury think is average. What's below that is below average, what's above that is above average.

People who say they no their taste and therefore almost only watch stuff they like and by that have high mean score are the ones who know their own taste the least because they never took the time to discover it.

@Pixel_Vapour
+1
I'd go as far that they are the only interesting, because they are on who's taste you can get a good grasp on.

Probably the best answer yet.

But something I am asking myself is, when you watch like >500 shows and rate everything between 1-7 - is there anything you really enjoy like wat the fuck best thing ever? They would answer:

1. Yes, I rated it a 7
2. No, over 500 shows never made me wow that much that I would give it a 10 or 9..

For answer 1 - why not a 10 then when there is nothing better you have seen after 500 shows.

For answer 2 - Fine but why do you have everything else then? Like all the reviews and comments just full of negative things trying to talk everything down. Do you really enjoy Anime then?

EDIT:

I did not want to go into the rating debate actually - I wanted to critize people's hate they spread in reviews for every anime they have seen (my question was do you actually enjoy anime or are just an idiot who hates as a matter of principe)
May 18, 2018 8:39 AM

Feb 2016
Hrybami said:
MohAngelo said:

lol. Never thought about that. That might be a possibility.
Yeah man! it makes more sense think about it that way.
May 18, 2018 8:46 AM

Dec 2017
Aslt said:
sunako199 said:
1. they maybe an elitist

1. ????????

Pixel_Vapour said:

^ouch, the truth bomb.
>inb4 someone says elitist

ewww, elitist pleb. how can u watch 200+ shows with average score of 4 ewww
May 18, 2018 8:47 AM
Review Moderator
(q‒̀ᴗ-)βŒ’βœ§

Jun 2007
It really depends, I suppose.

1. Liking the medium is different than liking everything the medium offers. You can like anime without loving the majority of the shows offered.

2. The person might be trying to find something they like, but they often fail and the bad scores pile up.

3. Other reason could be that you don't really know how they actually score things. A final score isn't always representantive of how much you enjoyed something, but how much you truly think it deserves, aka guilty pleasures and such. So they could score something a 3, because it's bad on many levels, but they do enjoy it on some level. For example, I love the romance genre and it's easy for me to read romance manga, but I rarely find something good so it may seem like I hate romance, haha.

4. They could also be one of those fakers that just want to hate on everything, but I tend to have faith in people still!

Also, having an absolute favorite is different than believing it deserves a 10. Having a favorite show has nothing to do with how good it is really. I always tend to give more subjective, enjoyment scores to the things I truly love, but that doesn't mean it's absolutely true :D
May 18, 2018 8:53 AM

Sep 2013
maybe because he only see bad stuff over good stuff about shows and this gives a diferent view for him
May 18, 2018 8:53 AM

Mar 2018
Why even bother eating when you give half the stuff you watch a 10. If I rate something 4 or better, I enjoyed it. Even 3's have a few enjoyable moments.
May 18, 2018 8:56 AM
Aug 2016
sunako199 said:

3. because rating from 1-10 is shit, if i were to be honest, people are not critical enough and see scores from like 2-5 honestly similar, doesnt even have their proper captions with words defining them that are seemingly worth differentiating. i can support this with hundreds of threads regarding revamping scores or rating all over again all the shows theyve completed, and people having different rating system like some have only 1-5 to make it more uncritical and comfortably easier

That sounds extremely weird, but hey, you do you.. I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What are you talking about? I didn't mention your... very... specific grammar even once. You didn't even use the neologism "animes", so I don't understand why you would say something like that. I was talking about the OP, kek.

uninstallthegame said:

ewww, elitist pleb. how can u watch 200+ shows with average score of 4 ewww

ew im such an elitist ew
AsltMay 18, 2018 8:59 AM
May 18, 2018 8:59 AM

Sep 2015
RHYZED said:
Heldengeist said:
Quick guide to anyone's ratings:

Everyone has a mean score. Whatever they lie about their rating method, their mean score is what they trury think is average. What's below that is below average, what's above that is above average.

People who say they know their taste and therefore almost only watch stuff they like and by that have high mean score are the ones who know their own taste the least because they never took the time to discover it.

@Pixel_Vapour
+1
I'd go as far that they are the only interesting, because they are on who's taste you can get a good grasp on.

Probably the best answer yet.
Ah, I accidentally deleted that comment istead of another. Thanks for saving it.

RHYZED said:
But something I am asking myself is, when you watch like >500 shows and rate everything between 1-7 - is there anything you really enjoy like wat the fuck best thing ever? They would answer:

1. Yes, I rated it a 7
2. No, over 500 shows never made me wow that much that I would give it a 10 or 9..

For answer 1 - why not a 10 then when there is nothing better you have seen after 500 shows.

For answer 2 - Fine but why do you have everything else then? Like all the reviews and comments just full of negative things trying to talk everything down. Do you really enjoy Anime then?

Those people are the anime snobs. Not just plain old elitist, but pretentious pricks to the bone. And really misguided since they think it's a sing of good taste to depreciate everything. You can be sure they like a lot of stuff, most likely even a lot of stuff they know/think they should hate. But they want to show themselves as a connoisseur who has knowledge and understanding way beyond your average weeb despite they lack the skill to actually analyze something so their reviews are an incoherent patchwork of buzzwords and sentences stolen from actual critics and they think will give the impression of smart argument.
ModelCitizenMay 18, 2018 9:19 AM
May 18, 2018 9:06 AM

Feb 2018
Watching shity anime can be incredibly entertaining.
May 18, 2018 9:06 AM

Dec 2015
We got something called elites when it comes to anime and they only enjoy stuff like Ergo Proxy, EVA, Texhnolyze LOGH etc.
And when it comes to shounen shows like Naruto, Bleach and OP etc they think it is shit beacuse of the plot, character and how the character grows through the anime.

Its nothing u shoud care about, it exist alot of diffrient typ of anime dudes with diffrient taste.

When it comes to me i enjoy more or less everything the only thing i can't handle is childish comedy or retarded characters.

I have watched 900 animes in less then 2.5 years totalt be watching it for 10 years and still love it. When it comes to raiting i rate it based on the enjoyment and the feeling i have about the anime.
Sometimes i change score on a anime i watched some month ago beacuse i needed to think about it a bit more. But it is only like +1 in raiting or i remove like 1-2 in raiting.

I started watching a anime called Hellsing on youtube after that i become a battle shounen faggot and a ecchi perv for 6.5 years. Its the community that change me beacuse i didnt know it exist stuff like anime groups or even mal.

I just asked my 2 asian friends about shounen stuff that have a higher level of understanding of animes beacuse they were born with figures and manga as a child.

THis is just a tips, dont care what ppl say or think. Watch waht u want to watch enjoy what u want to watch.

May 18, 2018 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Maffy said:
2. The person might be trying to find something they like, but they often fail and the bad scores pile up.

That's one hell of a pile, though.
Literally thousands of anime? It's time to ask for some help.
May 18, 2018 9:12 AM

Nov 2016
Everyone with meanscore below 10 hates anime, stop pretending.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 18, 2018 9:14 AM
Mar 2018
honestly everything i rated above 5 i had more enjoyment than it made me question why i was watching it,however it does not mean that it was a waste of time watching everything i rated below 5.

but i still think there is a lot of people who like hating stuff for reasons i also cannot understand.
May 18, 2018 9:17 AM

Mar 2017
FMmatron said:

Wise words from a wise man.........
May 18, 2018 9:24 AM
Aug 2013
probably because they are idiots, i dont know
Imagination is a weapon. Those who don't use it die first.
May 18, 2018 9:42 AM

Apr 2017
Aslt said:
sunako199 said:

That sounds extremely weird, but hey, you do you.. I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What are you talking about? I didn't mention your... very... specific grammar even once. You didn't even use the neologism "animes", so I don't understand why you would say something like that. I was talking about the OP, kek.
thats also part of being a normie, i guess xD

May 18, 2018 9:46 AM

Jun 2017
Oh noo someone uses a full 1-10 scale what a hater

May 18, 2018 10:14 AM

Nov 2016
Kenny_Stryker said:
FMmatron said:

No need to mock me for simply speaking out the truth,anime hater.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 18, 2018 10:15 AM

Mar 2017
FMmatron said:
Kenny_Stryker said:

I mocked you? When? Where? I just appreciated your wise words.
May 18, 2018 10:22 AM

Nov 2016
Kenny_Stryker said:
FMmatron said:

Sure.........

What's the next thing you want to tell me ? That shows with a mean below 8 are actually watchable ?

May 18, 2018 10:24 AM

Mar 2017
FMmatron said:
Kenny_Stryker said:

Sure.........

What's the next thing you want to tell me ? That shows with a mean below 8 are actually watchable ?

Of course not, anything below 10 is a blasphemy.
May 18, 2018 10:27 AM

Nov 2016
Kenny_Stryker said:
FMmatron said:

Sure.........

Of course not, anything below 10 is a blasphemy.

I wouldn't necessarily go as far,but I rarely go below 9. It's extremely hard to find something remotely decent when you do.

May 18, 2018 10:27 AM

Feb 2016
RHYZED said:
Started watching Animes recently and enjoying like everything - did not see anything bad yet.

Half of your list is composed of garbage though
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you generate your own Anime Wallpapers with AI?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

32 by LoveYourSmile »»
4 minutes ago

» Isekai Sub-Genres Have Become Genres.

Gashadokur0 - 37 minutes ago

4 by Nirinbo »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - 9 hours ago

51 by ToG25thBaam »»
9 minutes ago

» Most underrated anime you have seen? ( 1 2 )

HotHamlet - May 13

50 by eblf2013 »»
18 minutes ago

» Anime facts you didn't know before

LenRea - May 24

28 by Halqifibrax »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.