Forum Settings
Forums

Describe your viewpoint on each score number from 1-10

New
Jul 28, 2016 12:49 PM
Feb 2015
10- I consider these artistic masterpieces superior to everything throughout all mediums. These stories deserve the highest respect for their thought provoking insight and timeless characters.

9- These works are among the best of the best, definitely must sees for anyone looking for a substantial, compelling and possibly enlightening experience.

8- Fantastic works of art that fall short in a few categories, but nonetheless deserve to be recognized as superior productions.

7- While not among the greatest (in my opinion), these works are still entertaining and have merits that make them unique enough to be worth anyone's time.

6- Good anime/manga that left an impression on me, but weren't good enough for me to recommend them over my higher rated works.

5- While not bad, these works have many issues that left me either disappointed or bored.

4- These are bad anime/manga that either left me severely disappointed (Berserk 2016) or simply unimpressed.

3- Trash, though they may have sparse moments of quality or "so bad it's funny" to make them recommendable to some, but not enough for them to be considered not trash.

2- Even worse than trash.

1- Offensively bad, anything with a 1 shouldn't exist, but unfortunately they do. Anime that has been raped by current Toei usually fall into this category.

How do you see each score?
KrystopherJul 28, 2016 1:05 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 28, 2016 12:54 PM

Feb 2013
all of them boil down to 10>9>8>...>1

i really dont see the point of lists like these
Jul 28, 2016 12:56 PM

May 2015
10 very very very good
9 very very good
8 very good
7 good
6 fine
5 ok
4 bad
3 very bad
2 very very bad
1 very very very bad
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2016 1:04 PM
Feb 2015
romagia said:

Well I like to have a tangible idea of why I have something scored the way I do, this is serious shit
Jul 28, 2016 1:04 PM
Feb 2015
kamisama751 said:
There is something called the "about me" section on my profile.

I want to see other people's descriptions too
Jul 28, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2015
I honestly have trouble differencing 10 and 9 scores, if I really wanted to separate them, I would end up with three or four 10 scores, and that would be elitist af and I would feel bad for some anime that I loved, but don't really look like 10s (like Working or Tanaka-kun)

8- Anime that I had a great time watching, but didn't impress me that much to be in the top part, that and higher are usually the anime I recommend to watch.

7- Anime that I found a good watch, but didn't impact me much.

6- My score for the "ok" anime, they weren't bad, but not good neither, I end up forgetting about them after some time passes.

5- Anime that I disliked, but I could see the good things about it.

4- Anime that I disliked and I found also found bad.

3- Anime that I hated and I can't even think how I finished them.

1 and 2 have little to no difference, they are mostly OVAs that I watched already knowing that they were going to suck with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, that were absolutely terrible for my total surprise.
Jul 28, 2016 1:23 PM

Jul 2016
1 - Holy shit this makes me want to fucking kill myself
2 - This almost makes me want to kill myself
3 - This is pretty shitty, mate
4 - This is bad
5 - It's right in the middle
6 - It's a step above boring
7 - It's a step above average
8 - It's pretty good
9 - It's damn good
10 - Holy shit this makes me want to fucking kill myself in a good way

Was it the shyness in my soul that made me lonely just like you? No one noticed I was there, when I walked into the room.

-Freddie Mercury
Jul 28, 2016 1:32 PM

Feb 2013
Krystopher said:
romagia said:

Well I like to have a tangible idea of why I have something scored the way I do, this is serious shit
i am more a fan of the idea "start from 5, add and substract from there"
Jul 28, 2016 1:37 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
Well, this is in my profile, but...

*Only those that I rate 8 and above are the ones I would recommend to people. 7-6 are okay to watch if you have time to burn. 5 and below are stuff you shouldn't bother with.

10 (Masterpiece): Something that I both truly enjoyed as well as a piece that I think had amazing and perfect character development and plot. In terms of slice-of-life anime, if I rate it a 10, it means that the otherwise lack of a coherent plot did not bother me in the slightest, and it was able to move me and make me feel connected to the character/s. These are the anime pieces that are truly re-watchable again and again. These are also the ones I either watched in one sitting, or regrettably divided in parts due to other real-life responsibilities.

9 (Awesome): Came close to being a masterpiece, but there are a couple of flaws that prevented it from being so. This usually means that I either did not enjoy it as much, or I think that there are minor things lacking in terms of character development and/or plot. I do not rewatch these (or anything lower than a 10) unless I really enjoyed it.

8 (Very good): Something I enjoyed without it necessarily having a great plot/character development. This applies to non-slice of life anime, where there is a coherent plot to be followed but I thought that it was lacking in some parts, so much more than a 9 would. Usually a couple of major flaws (e.g. a deus ex machina type of resolution) that didn't bother me that much.

7 (Okay): In terms of slice-of-life, something that isn't necessarily good but not that bad either. In terms of normal anime, something that I thought was not very developed but I still enjoyed watching it somehow. These are usually the ones I don't regret putting off for a couple of weeks at a time, nor do I feel like I have to watch them right away.

6 (Meh): These are the ones that I still think are watchable, but are getting kind of boring at some point. They are still somewhat enjoyable, but major lacking in plot and/or character development are starting to bother me.

5 (Fine): Anime that were neither bad nor good. If I managed to finish it, it means that it was somehow worth my time; if not, then it was more on the bad side and not something I'm particularly interested in, so I would rather move on. Basically, the plot was not something that I feel like I should finish in order to know how the ending goes, because it's predictable- that, or I couldn't care less about how the ending should go.

4 (Bad): This is found usually in my dropped list- it means the plot and/or character development was bad enough that it cut the enjoyment that I otherwise would have felt if it had been executed better. If I finished it, then there was some semblance of enjoyment that I thought was worth wasting my time on, even if the ending seemed obvious or predictable. Or maybe I didn't even care about the ending at all, but one or two characters that I loved made it redeemable.

3 (Very bad): This is where I start to give all my nopes. Enjoyment is low, and the plot/character development is horrid. There are next to zero redeemable aspects about this anime. I wouldn't say avoid it altogether because anime that I gave this to usually are the ones that fall into the genres I don't usually dabble in and someone who does like that genre might find it enjoyable, but. Otherwise, avoid if you don't like the same genres as me.

2 (Unwatchable): I somehow managed to wade through the mud and filth that is this anime, but those that are in the dropped area are truly unwatchable. There are very, very, very few redeeming qualities about this anime. Avoid like the plague.

1 (Why does this even exist): Here is where I question the sanity of not only the people who came up with such a trash, but also those who funded it. Why. Why does it even exist. Know that if I have a 1 in my completed list, I suffered through absolute hell watching it. There is not one ounce of enjoyment nor even a drop of coherent plot or character development. Stop. Don't watch it. I suffered for you so you don't have to get into it. Just turn around and watch something else.

Unrated: These are shows that I watched so long ago I don't remember them- so I wouldn't want to be unfair to the rating system in MAL and give them a score they might not deserve. These are usually the 80s/90s/early 2000s anime I watched as a kid with my mom.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Jul 28, 2016 2:02 PM

Dec 2012
10: Top Notch titles that were really enjoyable or meaningful, I can't find much wrong with it
9: Awesome and highly enjoyable, though not flawless, it was very well done
8: Highly enjoyable though could be better (Kind of my default rating for)
7: Good, I did not lose my time and was entertained (where most echi titles end up)
6: Okay, it held my interest, but I wouldn't rewatch it
5: Borderline watchable, and pretty mediocre, will probably drop it
4: Not really Good but not a total waste either, regret watching
3: Very weak and full of flaws, I wish I'd watched something else
2: Horrible and possessing nothing of value or entertainment
1: Scum of the Earth, reserved for really awful hentai titles
KruszerJul 28, 2016 2:16 PM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jul 28, 2016 2:04 PM

Jan 2012
10: Masterpiece - Basically something that I enjoyed a lot and had very little flaws that were overshadowed by all the things I liked about the anime.

9: Great - Similar to a 10, but with either just a little bit more flaws, or the anime had less impact on me in comparison. Still an amazing anime that I consider a favorite.

8: Very Good - Something I really enjoyed, but nothing that blew me away.

7: Good - Simply put, something I thought was good. Had some flaws and/or qualities that held it back in some ways, but overall still a good experience.

6: Above Average - An anime where there is slightly more pros than cons, but the cons are abundant or relevant enough to hold it back from being a more enjoyable experience.

(Hypothetical 5.5: Average - On a 1-10 scale the actually average score is actually a 5.5, but MAL does not allow us to give that score. To me this would be a show that is 50/50 in terms of pros and cons, but for me usually the pros outweigh the cons or vice versa. I have yet to watch an anime I have felt 100% 50/50 on).

5: Below Average - Sort of like 6, but where there are slightly more cons than pros, which still make it somewhat watchable, but hold it back from truly being enjoyable.

4: Bad - The cons outweigh the pros enough for this anime to be consider a bad experience. This is the lowest level of what I consider tolerable to watch.

3: Very Bad - This anime has a lot of things going against it. Has very little redeeming qualities.

2: Horrible - This anime was just not enjoyable in pretty much every way. Way too many flaws, and pretty much no pros.

1: Appalling - This anime would basically have to be 100% trash for me to even consider giving it a 1, with basically no redeeming qualities.
Jul 28, 2016 2:12 PM

Dec 2013
10 - this anime blew my mind in a good way and changed smthing in my view on life or some other things.
9 - great show, not that mind blowing as 10, but enjoyed it very much.
8 - nice show with some little problems in the story or character development, but they're so subjective that it's ok.
7 - show has some real problems with story development (like, serious plot holes), but still it's quite enjoyable.
6 - average show.
5 - average show but don't like it personally.
4 - bad
3 - pretty bad
2 - why did I watch it?
1 - omg please stop
Jul 28, 2016 2:16 PM

Dec 2015
10: Masterpiece with no flaws or an anime with minor flaws but with some aspects that exceed the 10 mark.
9: Extremely enjoyable anime with minor flaws.
8: Pretty solid anime, you can go through the flaws with no problems.
7: Overall a good anime, enjoyable.
6: Average score for anime that has many flaws but you enjoyed as well. Usually the overated series that are not that good like Erased.
5: Usually a bad anime but with a couple of specific things saving the 5 for it, like incredile OST or stunning animation.
4: Bad work but at least watchable.
3: Very bad work, can't portray even the idea to you.
2: Anime that laughs at you.
1: Mars of Destruction
Jul 28, 2016 2:23 PM

Mar 2015
Rating scale interpretation, copypasted directly from my profile...

10 - Masterpiece = Pushed all the right buttons in regards to my enjoyment.
9 - Great = A truly spectacular piece of work. I love it!
8 - Very Good = I thoroughly enjoyed it. It left me fulfilled. The kind of experience I hope for every time I start an anime.
7 - Good = Either 1) Good, but definitely could've been done better. OR 2) My enjoyment just didn't go past a 7.
6 - Fine = It has its charms. The kind of allure that makes you want more regardless of quality.
5 - Average = So-so. It's still entertaining to an extent. But yeah, not something I'd want to revisit.
4 - Bad = There was this one character I liked which made it impossible to drop.
3 - Very Bad = I wish I hadn't, I really do.
2 - Horrible = Never seen one... I don't know what to write here...
1 - Appalling = It killed my dog, NTR'd my dakimakura, lagged my games, deleted my save files, etc. In other words, that one show that never happened.

When I think about it, some hentai I've seen might get a 2. Still, I'll be damned if I let fap fodder lower my mean score.
Jul 28, 2016 2:25 PM

Oct 2015
It's on my profile:

Jul 28, 2016 2:28 PM

Mar 2016
My overly superior rating system:

10: I thoroughly enjoyed the anime, good soundtrack and plot(to me), will rewatch
9:Very good anime, may not like a few songs in the soundtrack but plot was good, may or may not rewatch
8:Good anime, soundtrack is meh and plot is okay, will not rewatch
7:A bit better than average in all aspects, will not rewatch
6: Average in all aspects, cliché, will not rewatch
5:Bad anime, soundtrack was terrible, plot has holes, will not rewatch
4: Bad anime, If I was told it was good and was disappointed, I will rate it 4, will not rewatch
3: I chose to watch it, but i wish I was forced to. Will not rewatch
2: I was forced to watch it and hated it, will not rewatch
1: Boku no Pico, will rewatch
Friend me for more:OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI
Jul 28, 2016 2:29 PM
Jul 2013
I don't really have any specific rating system I adhere too. I'm very subjective and I often over value/rate an anime right after I finished it (which is when I rate my anime) so my scores are probably a bit inflated.

But in general, 7 to me is an averagely good anime. Anything below and I probably won't watch it any further unless it's been recommended a lot or it has a unique setting (which is rare in anime).

I haven't really given a lot of 1's (just one) but they are reserved for the kind of stuff you'd rather expect in your toilet bowl than on a computer screen.

10's are just the really good anime that leave a very big impact with me and have a story that makes sense and enjoyable characters all around.

ANything in between is just a scale and mainly based on how I feel after I finished an anime.
Jul 28, 2016 2:39 PM

Jun 2015
10: I adore it and treasure it as the masterpiece it is

9: I love it

8: I really like it

7: I like it

6: I kinda like it

5: I barely remember it

4: I dislike it

3: I really dislike it

2: I loathe it

1: I despise it with every fiber in my being
Jul 28, 2016 2:46 PM

Dec 2014
10 - I love it, like I would love my favorite child
9 - I love it, like I would love the rest of my childrens
8 - I like it
7 - I like you too, but let's be just friends
6 - ok... or, you fucked up X Studio!
5 - meh... waste of time
4 - I would never finish an anime that deserve this score.
3 - obviously I wouldn't finish this one either
2 - definetly dropped, but I score because I find this anime insulting
1 - I don't think there is an anime that deserve this score in the whole Universe, and if it was, I wouldn't watch it.
Jul 28, 2016 3:01 PM

Jul 2013
10: The Perfect Show. With no flaws, has awesome characters and it's really enjoyable

9: A Great Show. With little to no flaws, great characters and story and it's enjoyable

8. A Good Show. The show had a few kinks to workout but they pulled it off very good

7. A Fine Show. It had flaws, but with them most of them was ignored with the great stuff it had

6. An Above Average Show. Hmm It was half good/half bad but at least I enjoyed it.

5. An Average Show. Well it had it's good moments but some or probably most of the scenes and characters we probably of place or were pointless

4. An Below Average Show. It started out good but it blew it. The characters were either came out from random and the story forgot the whole purpose of its premise.

3. A Bad Show. This is where a show protrays it's story in a very simple matter and it's so obvious an eighth grader could understand what was going on

2. A Horrible Show. Either the story or characters didn't interest me or the plot was too shitty it wasn't worth my time.

1. A place where the writing is try hards levels of bad. A place the characters are fvcking cringeworthy I'd rather not talk about... This is the "Megaforce" zone

Jul 28, 2016 3:07 PM
Jan 2013
kamisama751 said:
10 - real noses
9 - extremely realistic noses
8 - very realistic noses
7 - realistic noses
6 - somewhat realistic noses
5 - not so realistic noses
4 - not really realistic noses
3 - not realistic noses
2 - these aren't noses
1 - no noses
Where does Kaiji fall on your score scale

zal said:
10 very very very good
9 very very good
8 very good
7 good
6 fine
5 ok
4 bad
3 very bad
2 very very bad
1 very very very bad
Now dis be a pretty legit one maine
gone bai bai
Jul 28, 2016 3:13 PM

May 2015
Mkim said:
zal said:
10 very very very good
9 very very good
8 very good
7 good
6 fine
5 ok
4 bad
3 very bad
2 very very bad
1 very very very bad
Now dis be a pretty legit one maine
If the words for bad and good, fine and ok had the same length I would achieve the nirvana.
zalJul 28, 2016 3:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2016 3:50 PM
Jul 2015
If X >1
X is like Y but better.
Y = X-1

If X=1
X means it is trash.

∀ X ∈ [1, 10] ∈ N

Jul 28, 2016 4:05 PM

Jul 2012
10 perfection
9 exceptional and amazing
8 great with little flaws
7 standard good but also too flawed for extra points
6 not very special but also above average
5 bad but also had good points or just average
4 pretty bad
3 terrible
2 i never want to watch this ever
1 fuck this shit
Jul 28, 2016 5:19 PM

Jan 2016
a five star system would work better for me personally; sometimes i cant distinguish the difference between some scores like 5 & 6, 1 & 2, etc.

10 - Reserved for my favorite animes typically
9 - Really fucking good/very unique but not my favorite
8 - Genuinely Enjoyable
7 - It's Good But Not Did Not Go Beyond What Was Expected
6 - Ok
5 - Did Not Care For It
4 - Ugh
3 - Bad
I don't give out 2's I cut to the chase
1 - Reserved for animes that condone pedophilia or something else that's shitty
im apollo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ they/them pls
Jul 28, 2016 5:31 PM

Oct 2014
I did an in-depth guide to my rating system recently (this thread pops up every month or two so it's handy).

10: Amazing, one of my favourite anime! - This rating is reserved for anime that I connected with on a personal level. I currently only have four anime with this rating.
9: Really good, but not quite a 10 - Anime that do an extremely high number of things right, but I wasn't able to connect with enough to boost up to a 10. This is also a rating I use sparingly.
8: A very good anime - An amazing anime that was fun to watch and was well made (with some exceptions). This is a bit softer of a rating than 9 or 10 so if the quality of an anime is insanely high and my enjoyment was only moderate it can still get an 8.
7: Pretty good - A great anime that I liked watching and would recommend to someone when given the chance.
6: Just above average - Although I don't feel that my time was wasted, this wasn't that great of an anime and I probably won't watch the sequel if there is one.
5: Average - Not particularly bad, but it also doesn't have too many good qualities and was generally pretty boring. In a way this could be seen as the worst possible rating since anime rated below this tend to be enjoyable as bad anime.
4: Poor, slightly below average - Not worth my time since I didn't get much out of them at all. If I watched it because it was popular then it wasn't a waste since I can discuss it after, but if it's unknown then it was a worthless watch.
3: Really bad. - Bottom of the barrel. I haven't rated any full length TV series below this rating. Although some things may have been done well, they were minor or weren't something I cared too much about.
2: There is barely anything good about this anime - "It's not as bad as a 1" would be the only positive thing I could say about it. This was less enjoyable than watching two slugs slowly trying to battle each other.
1: WTF did I just watch? Terrible, painful to watch. This is most common for anime around 1 minute long under the genre "dementia". - "Barely even anime" describes this rating quite well. There are only a handful of anime I gave this rating to that actually had somewhat traditional art/animation styles and many are either stop-motion or look like they were drawn by a 4 year old.
Jul 28, 2016 5:35 PM

Sep 2013
1 - ew
2 - ew
3 - ew
4 - ew
5 - ew
6 - ew
7 - mh
8 - well
9 - wow
10 - perfect
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Jul 28, 2016 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
10: A true masterpiece. This anime had a big impact in my life.
9: Almost perfect. I love this anime, but it didn't have a big impact in my life.
8: A really good anime. Minor flaws, but they aren't important.
7: Very good. Enjoyment granted.
6: It's not that good, but I had fun watching this.
5: I didn't enjoy watching this, but I wouldn't call it bad.
4: A bad anime. It has it's moments.
3: Very bad. Watching this is painful.
2: Horrible. If I completed this, I really hate it.
1: God's punishment to mankind.
Jul 28, 2016 5:57 PM

Oct 2015
zal said:
10 very very very good
9 very very good
8 very good
7 good
6 fine
5 ok
4 bad
3 very bad
2 very very bad
1 very very very bad
Ditto.

Why do you need to put so much thought into scoring? I just give it whatever comes into my mind and change it later if I feel like I judged it too harshly/softly.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jul 28, 2016 10:50 PM

Oct 2015
I could totatlly just copy and paste from my bio.
Jul 29, 2016 12:50 AM

May 2015
kamisama751 said:
There is something called the "about me" section on my profile. But most of you won't check it out anyway so:
10 - real noses
9 - extremely realistic noses
8 - very realistic noses
7 - realistic noses
6 - somewhat realistic noses
5 - not so realistic noses
4 - not really realistic noses
3 - not realistic noses
2 - these aren't noses
1 - no noses

What do you think about Nobuyuki Fukumoto
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jul 29, 2016 12:55 AM
Jan 2013
kamisama751 said:
Mkim said:
Where does Kaiji fall on your score scale

I haven't watched Kaiji yet so I don't know how realistic those noses are.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""VIP elitist""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
gone bai bai
Jul 29, 2016 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
(10) Masterpiece
(9) Great
(8) Very Good
(7) Good
(6) Fine
(5) Average
(4) Bad
(3) Very Bad
(2) Horrible
(1) Appalling
Jul 29, 2016 12:58 AM

May 2015
Mkim said:
kamisama751 said:

I haven't watched Kaiji yet so I don't know how realistic those noses are.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""VIP elitist""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Yeah a VIP elitist that doesn't watch the good stuff like Kaiji and Monster. :p
In my boring opinion Kaiji's noses deserve no less than 11/10
Jul 29, 2016 1:05 AM

May 2015
10 - Absolutely brilliant. I don't care who you are, watch it.

9 - If you dislike anime and you haven't watched this yet, you're fucking around.

8 - Has some flaws, but overall very satisfying and will recommend to outsiders if it fit their general taste in fiction

7. - I will frequently namedrop this when discussing anime. Its flaws more obvious than an 8, it will tend to have some unfulfilled concept or just not original enough but overall it was above average

6 - Fun, will recommend to genre enthusiast. It's a good example of its style, but doesn't give you enough to come back. This rating is mostly for unambitious but good anime, or anime that are enjoyable but don't progress anywhere.

5 - Meh. Kind of fun, doesn't offend me, has ideas I'd use in my own stories but overall didn't work

4 - Probably has a very good art style or premise, but goes nowhere and constantly shoots itself in the foot

3 - Horribly annoying, offensively dull or pretentious, trying too hard without a concept
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 29, 2016 1:10 AM

Apr 2014
Copied and pasted from my about me:

10- Masterpiece. The closest thing to perfection and if there's any cons, they're completely ignorable. Truly breathtaking and a must watch for all anime fans.
ex. Gankutsuou, Code Geass, FMA: Brotherhood.

9- Excellent. A work of art whose cons have little to no influence. Leagues above most other anime out there.
ex. Angel Beats, Hunter x Hunter, Shinsekai Yori.

8- Great. The pros greatly outweigh the cons. Could use some polishing, but you're still polishing a worthwhile gem.
ex. Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Cowboy Bebop.

7- Above Average. The pros noticeably outweigh the cons. Cons are definitely present, but the anime managed to skillfully maneuver around most of them.
ex. Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kyoukai no Kanata.

6- Average. The pros balance out the cons. While not a bad anime per say, I probably left a tad disappointed or underwhelmed.
ex. Berserk, Trinity Seven, FLCL.

5- Below Average. The cons noticeably outweigh the pros. The anime was likely more of a chore than a treat to watch and I may or may not regret watching it.
ex. Fruits Basket, Accel World, OreGairu.

4- Bad. The cons greatly outweigh the pros. There are little to no saving graces about this anime and everything about its presentation fell apart at some point.
ex. Devil May Cry, Mononoke, Rosario to Vampire.

3- AIDS. Cons completely dominate the pros. Everything about this anime just screams failure and completely failed both subjectively and objectively.
ex. The Tatami Galaxy, Skelter Heaven.

2- Ebola. There are no pros, only cons. Total, utter waste of my time and energy; despicable; no reprieve for this crap anime since I could probably shit a better one.
ex. Strange+, Urashima Tarou.

1- Hillary Clinton I didn't even give Pupa, Mars of Destruction, Glasslip, and Shitcom this score. Let that sink in.
ex. Not even going to bother

Jul 29, 2016 1:32 AM

Sep 2012
10 - Pretty dope

1-9 don't bother rating
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jul 29, 2016 6:24 AM

Oct 2015
10- Masterpiece. Perfect in nearly every single way.
9- Nearly Masterpiece, but maybe had a flaw I couldn't overlook for a 10.
8- Fantastic. Brilliant anime that is worth watch.
7- Good anime. Maybe had a few flaws, but overall pretty awesome.
6- Good anime with it's share of flaws. Still worth watching.
5- Either average or had a equal amount of good and bad. Usually the second.
4- Had more bad going for it then good. It was so close, just one or two extra flaws.
3- Terrible. Maybe had some good going for it, but mostly fell flat.
2- One of the worst animes I've ever seen.
1- I wish I never watched it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUacXMlXmvoJMHEiaae5rDA
This is my Youtube channel. Check it out and let me know how I can improve.
Jul 29, 2016 6:25 AM

Jun 2015
My way of rating isn't simple enough to fit in a small post. Though my 1-2s at least are simple
1-Complete pondscum
2.-Cancerous yet still entertaining
Jul 29, 2016 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
1- absolutely horrendous,not worth my time at all.I wanna hit my head on the wall after watching that shit
2- shitty.Not worth my time
3- excessively bad.Doesn't deserve my precious time
4- bad but i'll keep watching it cuz i don't like dropping anime
5- average,not enjoyable to watch but imma keep watching it anyway
6- meh,ok kinda worth my time even tho i would rather do sth else with my life
7- nice but kinda boring at times
8- very enjoyable and entertaining to watch
9- loved it but not that much that it deserves a 10
10- truly a masterpiece
Jul 29, 2016 6:41 AM

Jul 2014
Similar to MAL rating system.

Shinjisus said:
If X >1
X is like Y but better.
Y = X-1

If X=1
X means it is trash.

∀ X ∈ [1, 10] ∈ N
Shinji please, your rating should be measured by worm.
Jul 29, 2016 6:41 AM

Feb 2016
10 is amazing, would bang
9 is little less amazing or had something i didnt like
8 very enjoyable
7 also enjoyable but did smth wrong
6 enjoyable but probably boring, why would i watch it if i can watch one of the above
I dont remember rating below 6 so it would have to annoy me pretty much and i would probably drop it without rating

I also have trouble rating older shows cause the art often isnt that good but w/e

SpaghettiSpikeJul 29, 2016 7:27 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Jul 29, 2016 6:47 AM
Jul 2015
Gensan said:

Shinjisus said:
If X >1
X is like Y but better.
Y = X-1

If X=1
X means it is trash.

∀ X ∈ [1, 10] ∈ N

The beauty of a worm pit is such that cannot be paired nor described with maths. If you manage to make a worm-based scale for rating, I will gladly use it.

Jul 29, 2016 6:52 AM

Jul 2014
Shinjisus said:
Gensan said:

The beauty of a worm pit is such that cannot be paired nor described with maths. If you manage to make a worm-based scale for rating, I will gladly use it.
But wakame-kun, that's something you should come up on yourselves, the value of worm can't be measured by anyone but wakame-kun yourself.
Jul 29, 2016 6:55 AM

Jan 2016
From 10 to 7 - I will probably buy the BD if licensed in my country

6 - I quite enjoyed it but nothing memorable, i will probably forget about it.

5 - Average, the pro and the cons are on par. Shows that i struggled to finish.

4 - Bad, shows that have some redeeming qualities but they are still bad.

From 3 to 1 - I never used these scores, i should watch shows that are terribly bad and i don't want to waste my time.
Johnnyd3rpJul 29, 2016 2:55 PM
Jul 29, 2016 7:07 AM
Jul 2015
Gensan said:
Shinjisus said:

But wakame-kun, that's something you should come up on yourselves, the value of worm can't be measured by anyone but wakame-kun yourself.
So what about:

-Wakame-kun
-human-sized penis-shaped worm
-Dog-sized penis-shaped worm
-Rabbit-sized penis-shaped worm
-Cucumber-sized penis-shaped worm
-Penis-shaped worm
-Almost penis-shaped worm
-"Someway it can resemble a penis shape" worm
-"I could confuse it with a penis if it were in a dark room and I were drunk" worm
-Not penis-shaped worm

This is the best I can do >_<

Jul 29, 2016 7:10 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
10 - found a special place in my heart... can be for various reasons, probably bought the show
9 - amazing
8 - very good
7 - definitely liked it but didn't really stand out
6 - worth the watch and probably liked it, but meh....
5 - uh.... ok... why am i here?
4 -
3 - WHAT THE FUCK? DROPPED
2 -
1 -

i only give 10s though as i only care to remember what found a special place in my heart :3
Jul 29, 2016 7:10 AM

Jul 2014
Shinjisus said:
Gensan said:
So what about:

-Wakame-kun
-human-sized penis-shaped worm
-Dog-sized penis-shaped worm
-Rabbit-sized penis-shaped worm
-Cucumber-sized penis-shaped worm
-Penis-shaped worm
-Almost penis-shaped worm
-"Someway it can resemble a penis shape" worm
-"I could confuse it with a penis if it were in a dark room and I were drunk" worm
-Not penis-shaped worm

This is the best I can do >_<

Absolutely perfect. MAL should use this rating system.
Jul 29, 2016 7:13 AM

Mar 2014
A lot of people seem to see 7 being average, when it's still, should be considered good.

7 average, and 6 bad, is called "Gamespot Scores". Because apparently that's how Gamespot scores their reviews, anything below 7 is average to bad.

As for me, 6 - 10 are still watchable from good to excellet, while 4-5 are the average for me. 2-3 I consider bad that needs improvement, and 1 just utterly horrible.

Jul 29, 2016 7:14 AM

Feb 2016
10 : 100% enjoying it
9: 90% enjoying it
8: 80% enjoying it
and so on.................

literally, same as mal scoring system
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is the database algorithm fair?

Lucifrost - 3 hours ago

6 by MeguSae38 »»
5 seconds ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day?

RedTea33 - 6 hours ago

21 by kagamiiin »»
39 seconds ago

Poll: » What are male yuri fans called?

emryuu - 5 minutes ago

1 by Daviljoe193 »»
1 minute ago

» What does your waifu expect of you?

SgtBateMan - 38 minutes ago

7 by Stomiks »»
1 minute ago

» Does complexity made an anime better? And what is your favourite complex anime

niknasr - 7 hours ago

5 by logopolis »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.