Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2015 8:44 PM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Things aren't looking good for Law.

I am really annoyed that Bellamy still insists on fighting Luffy instead of Doflamingo.
Sep 26, 2015 8:59 PM

Dec 2013
Not even a whole chapter was adapted -___-

Still not caring for Bellamy at all. He is just ridiculously stubborn. Meanwhile poor Law is being tormented.

Ending was funny that preview looks pretty hype.
Sep 26, 2015 9:25 PM

Oct 2008
Law sure is taking a beating. Luffy should wrap up his fight already.
Sep 26, 2015 10:29 PM

Nov 2008
Five and a half minutes of intro and recap followed by 15 minutes of no progress... This arc is going to last until 2017 at this rate...
Sep 26, 2015 10:53 PM

Feb 2013
Random king guy: Hey, want me to 1 shot this dude for you, finally ending this tedious fight?

Zoro: No thanks, id rather drag this out for at least another 30 episodes.

Random king guy: K.

Also I love how Luffy is just taking his sweet time trying to talk Bellamy down, what a great friend. Meanwhile, Law is slowly being tortured and killed by DF right above him, lmao.
Sep 26, 2015 11:18 PM

Aug 2013
Very high quality episode of animation and direction. Many of the attacks had fluidity in the frames, which is something rarely seen out of Toei.

One thing does bother me though: the ugly thick art outlines that have been appearing a few times in the last few episodes. Anyone know what it up with that?
Sep 26, 2015 11:59 PM

Jan 2014
Funny when Bartolomeo wouldn't let Cavendish into his barrier XD !!!
Sep 27, 2015 1:30 AM

Jul 2014
Shape430 said:
Random king guy: Hey, want me to 1 shot this dude for you, finally ending this tedious fight?

Also I love how Luffy is just taking his sweet time trying to talk Bellamy down, what a great friend. Meanwhile, Law is slowly being tortured and killed by DF right above him, lmao.

Lol my feelings exactly for this episode, especially the second part about Luffy. I dont normally mind dragged out stuff, but it was at a ridiculous level in this one. Unsalvagably average episode.
Sep 27, 2015 2:01 AM
Jan 2014
Shape430 said:

He would've wasted his punch if he had attacked Pica.
Sep 27, 2015 2:09 AM

Jul 2015
Bellamy has really good characterisation; the tenacity for his principles is developed naturally because we see how humiliated he felt from Doflamingo's betrayal.

Zoro showing he's not just brawn but brains by strategising for the other Colisseum fighters is always nice as well. Also, the banter between Bartolomeo's blind dedication to the Straw Hats and Cavendish's level-headed persona is f#cking hilarious! Only problem is the pacing...it's actually atrocious.

(3/5)
Sep 27, 2015 3:33 AM

Nov 2014
Belami is definitely a talker without brain, at least he knows he is stupid.
He really doesn't deserve anything but death, it is better than humiliating himself more and more.

while Belami is continuing to be annoying and wastes Luffy's time and energy, Law could actually use some help.
I don't understand how is he still alive :')
Sep 27, 2015 6:01 AM

Aug 2014
I can't stand this. Give us some Luffy Vs Doflamingo.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Sep 27, 2015 6:34 AM

Dec 2013
Steven15ify said:
I can't stand this. Give us some Luffy Vs Doflamingo.

We still got a lot more executives battles to go so don't get your hopes up for it happening any time soon.
Sep 27, 2015 7:21 AM

Jul 2013
Pi-kya Pi-kya Pi-kyarara!

I thought that Bellamy would fall in this episode, but I guess they want to drag the fight until most of the executives are knocked out

So... they animated 2 pages from chapter 770, 2 pages from chapter 771 and 6 pages from chapter 772. In total, around half a chapter
Sep 27, 2015 9:39 AM

Jun 2014
While we're on topic with Bellamy's development, here's a pretty cool analysis that explains the situation a bit further (if you're still confused):

http://calgaras.tumblr.com/post/78590115226/wow

It clears up a lot of things, people don't notice or gloss over. And also this: http://calgaras.tumblr.com/post/112481293282/hi-ive-had-this-question-in-my-mind-for-a-long
Explains the situation in Jaya a bit more.
I loved the episode btw. Animation was more consistent than last week's overall and it didn't feel slow/dragged out. Pacing direction was fine. Seems like an unpopular opinion, but Bellamy's completely understandable here.
Sep 27, 2015 10:29 AM

Jul 2015
This thing Bellamy wanting to fight with Luffy even nearly dead being is chato.A struggle of the Law do not have to complain because after last episode he lost his arm (still can not accept it).
Sep 27, 2015 12:16 PM
Mar 2014
LitzSabr said:
Shape430 said:

He would've wasted his punch if he had attacked Pica.

Yup like Zoro said better save it for a better opportunity.
Sep 27, 2015 12:30 PM

Sep 2014
At least Bellamy knows he's an idiot but damn he's really annoying >.<
Poor Law getting wrecked.
Sep 27, 2015 1:26 PM
Jan 2015
Siraja said:
Am I the only one who was super irritated by kyros landing sound? Always landing on two feet judging by the sound lol.

You ruined it. I didnt notice until you said something. Now I cant un-notice.
Sep 27, 2015 3:53 PM

Oct 2013
NaughtyNoddy said:
Pi-kya Pi-kya Pi-kyarara!

I thought that Bellamy would fall in this episode, but I guess they want to drag the fight until most of the executives are knocked out

So... they animated 2 pages from chapter 770, 2 pages from chapter 771 and 6 pages from chapter 772. In total, around half a chapter

Normal chapter is 14-16 pages. Half of that is 7-8 pages. 10 pages is 63-71% of a chapter, simply saying 3 to 2 more pages than half.

Bellamy fight not ending in this episode has nothing to do with them wanting to drag the fight.
Sep 28, 2015 1:56 AM

Jul 2008
They really dragged this one out. But I can't wait for the Cavendish part.
Sep 28, 2015 3:43 PM
Sep 2015
FirstEel said:
Shape430 said:

Lol my feelings exactly for this episode, especially the second part about Luffy. I dont normally mind dragged out stuff, but it was at a ridiculous level in this one. Unsalvagably average episode.

Haha
Sep 28, 2015 10:21 PM

Jul 2013
Berramy just won't stop man.. it's literally been months since this guy started attacking Luffy with or without his own free will. It's always like this.

*Berramy while being controlled by Doffy, attacks Luffy
Luffy: "Berramy, stop! Doffy you bastard let go of him!"
Doffy: Nope
*Berramy free from Doffy's control but for some stupid reason still attacks Luffy
Luffy: "Berramy, stop!"
Berramy: Nope.

come the fuck on!
Sep 29, 2015 1:52 AM

Jun 2015
I think the pacing is currently effecting character believability, Bellamys actions in this episode are unbelievable when he has so much time to think, i can see how someone might fight stuck in one frame of mind they are too frightened to let go of for an intense high emotion few minutes of time, but real time its been like an hour ha! so it just seems unbelievable that someone would turn on knowingly act out something they think is wrong and idiotic for that long.

Ha maybe im taking it too serious.

Pacing oh pacing.
Sep 29, 2015 3:33 AM
Jun 2009
MaelstromSpark said:
I think the pacing is currently effecting character believability, Bellamys actions in this episode are unbelievable when he has so much time to think, i can see how someone might fight stuck in one frame of mind they are too frightened to let go of for an intense high emotion few minutes of time, but real time its been like an hour ha! so it just seems unbelievable that someone would turn on knowingly act out something they think is wrong and idiotic for that long.

Ha maybe im taking it too serious.

Pacing oh pacing.

No you're right, it's dumb.
This is not the only place where it happened, and it's always a bad thing :/
Sep 29, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2014
The episode was decent and it actually didn't feel like it dragged because we saw almost everyone fighting.

I'm so excited for the Delinger Hakuba and Bartolomeo fight though! That one was quite memorable and I hope they give Robin's moment some good animation along with that fight!

After that is Kyros's fight right? I also liked that one.
Can't wait for them :D

Oct 3, 2015 6:00 PM

Jan 2011
hmm law in pain
gladius vs cavendish
nothing special
Oct 3, 2015 6:47 PM

Jul 2014
Bellamy knows he'll get beat up, guys.

He wants to go down giving a fight at the very least.
Oct 9, 2015 6:35 PM

Jan 2012
luffy so stupid just beat him already.

Oct 11, 2015 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
83 episodes already, this'll become the longest arc in the history of anime. And one of the most boring too.
Oct 11, 2015 5:58 AM

Nov 2010
Gator said:
83 episodes already, this'll become the longest arc in the history of anime. And one of the most boring too.

Funniest thing is those 83 episode cover 73 chapters of the manga.

The pacing of anime has never been so ridiculously slow.
Oct 23, 2015 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
Nothing really happened.
Just a few scenes added to what was going on already.
Nov 22, 2015 9:59 AM

Mar 2010
Dillinger got Pwned, and I think Robin was a bit cheesy in the end there :o

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 12, 2015 8:18 PM

Sep 2013
6/10 episode, good action all around I guess makes it bearable.
Jan 3, 2016 8:24 AM

Jun 2015
Lmao bartolomeo wtf xDDD
Apr 20, 2016 10:45 PM

Jan 2011
Anybody else bothered by the reanimation of Luffy and Bellamy?

In the scene with Bellamy beating up Luffy in the bar, Bellamy punches Luffy in the face and drops of blood come out of Luffy's mouth??
Why would blood come out of his mouth from a punch that shouldn't hurt him at all.

It's understandable that Luffy would start bleeding later after glass starts cutting him and stuff but a punch won't hurt.

Not sure why this is bugging me so much

In the original animation of that scene this didn't happen.
Jun 15, 2016 6:12 PM

May 2009
Awful pacing is back!
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Aug 14, 2016 11:59 PM

Mar 2015
It's these draggy in-between two crucial point long-winded samey OP episodes that really piss me off. We probably won't find anything resolved for another 5 episodes or so, and that's probably just one phase of the battle.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 20, 2016 5:42 PM

Sep 2014
ok episode, Dragging but nothing can be done :/ next ep looks interesting
Oct 19, 2016 2:24 PM
Jan 2012
very good.
Gradius só very stronger!
Mar 5, 2017 3:05 AM

Mar 2012
Stop bullying Cabbage-kun :(
May 9, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2014
I didn't expect Bellamy to keep fighting Luffy, but I get where he's coming from in doing so. He's admired Doffy for so long, and given up so much in following him...and what, he's just expected to switch sides when the going gets tough, or when the idealist picture he created in his head doesn't match up with the reality? It'd make his whole ambition shallow when this episode has proven it isn't. His principles are the real deal!
He knows he's made his bed and he fully intends to lie in it.

The question is, will Luffy fight back?
Because even I'm not sure which move is the right one in that situation. Does he fight back like Doffy wants, or does he take the beating and hopefully give Bellamy a new target for admiration?

And damn Law is taking all the L's.
They're throwing him around like a ragdoll- I don't think I've ever seen Doffy so clearly ticked off lol that mask is slipping

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2020 7:59 AM

Jun 2016
The opening had more Zoro Pica but this time its focus was on the other players. That being the Happosui army from Kano and Elizabello from Prodence kingdom. With Zoro taking consideration of the Happosui army as a potential threat in the future, it made me solidify the understanding that this is obviously serious world building going on, not just some little characters to represent a huge battle. They are getting characterized with cool fights and scenes all about them after all. Elizabello wanted to help Zoro but as we could expect, he lives for this kind of stuff and wants to take Pica down himself. With a more practical reason as well being that Zoro can handle this so Elizabello should store his king punch as they don’t know what will happen.

Kyros faced Diamante some more and I realized I do like him. In my mind he’s nothing to write home about character wise at this point, he’s this sadistic, easily angered and serious head of a crime family, I don’t see much more than that in him, and his character doesn’t make his reasoning to be in the family too curious either, he fits unlike many of the others which we have to ask why they are a part of it. That said, I’m sure he may still get some touching background but as I initially wrote, his current role doesn't take away from him being fun. He’s one of the few serious living Don Quixote characters which is pretty necessary if you ask me, his power is super freaking cool, and his role in Rebecca and Kyros’ life and symbolic place of fighting as I’ve said before gives him weight. Here him laughing and trying to kill Rebecca as if he was Akainu striking at Luffy for the one reason that he’s one sick bastard and wants to make Kyros suffer the most possible was a good time.

Meanwhile Luffy is facing Bellamy who has turned on him. I knew instantly people would be mad from the way this scene has been cut up from the manga to last way longer, if I recall instead of getting one scene of Bellamy and Luffy starting their conflict like in the manga, we had 3 short scenes to capture it. But more importantly, the pacing will inherently make people pissed, even I was getting upset with how long Luffy and Bellamy were going on without progression, and now it’s continued. But I don’t think that takes away from the heart of the scene. Bellamy has committed his life on one path and Doflamingo told him that he was never a part of the family by suggesting he’s always been free. If Luffy won’t kill him, then he’s going to die on his own terms, as a man of the Don Quixote family because, it’s all he has left. It’s the only pride he has, it’s the principles that he cannot fathom giving up because then he would be truly pathetic in his mind. “I know I’m an idiot but even an idiot has his principles that he must stick to!” And as much as people are pointing out the crucially important, the hypocrisy of Luffy worrying about hurting his friend Bellamy and thus letting his friend Law die, one has to remember, this is Luffy’s biggest flaw as a character in my opinion. A major reason he became a pirate was so that he could be free enough to protect his friends, the first time he ever cried in the anime was because he had to fight Usopp and that broke his heart, the times he couldn’t protect his friends he shut down, unable to even fight back, and Marineford showed us a childish refusal to accept reality. It makes full sense to me that Luffy would freeze up here, but I do hope he recognizes that this is similar to when he fought Usopp. Bellamy shouted the phrase “just stand there if you think my determination is cheap”. The last ounce of respect Bellamy can muster is to go down fighting and Luffy giving him that would be the kindest gesture possible, as much as it hurts, just as he had to fight Usopp out of respect of his determination back then, no matter how much that hurt.

Law got destroyed by Trebol and Doflamingo but he put up a fight and did not show weakness. Every hit on Doffy ends up being crafty as hell, I love it, as Law was in a tough spot with one arm I said out loud “you need some tricks Law” and that’s when he stomped Doffy and stabbed his own foot. With lines like Law suggesting he’s been willing to give both his arms to Doffy this whole time it made for a cool scene, even if the entire episode was largely our heroes being beat on. And as much as Doffy is doing the whole good guy villain thing by refusing to execute Law and beating on him so that Luffy can save the day once everything is dealt with, I do think there’s basis for that. Doffy may care for Law a little and most importantly, he has wanted Law to suffer since Punk Hazard. Making everything he’s done feel futile and putting him in his place must be a great outlet for his anger and hurt.

Meanwhile, Gladius set up some questionable traps as by exploding everything when there was a barrier barrier human around seemed like a good chance of only taking out his goons and Cavendish making it to safety, but it didn’t go like that. Bartolomeo reminded us of why people in universe hate him. We only really see him with people he values, his war brother Bellamy, the crew he idolizes, but despite Cavendish fighting for Bartolomeo’s sake, he doesn’t have a single reason to care about him. Seeing him refuse to save Cavendish like a total dickhead, excuse my language, was hysterical because it came off as a moment of reminding us of who we’re really rooting for. But ultimately, Cavendish having Hakuba deep inside of him meant this whole adventure when it came to Cavendish was centered around when he would pass out wasn’t it? Therefore, this is a cute way to awaken his inner demon and level him up if I am correct about that which should mean, it’s time for Gladius to die!!!
May 5, 2021 2:57 PM
Jan 2019
I know im late to the party but Im so mad at this episode that I literally just resignated. I have lost all will of watching this arc after that episode and it was already low for a fucking long time. When will Luffy finally act like a main character again and not like some useless filler character that is just there to fill the 20 minute mark?

I was so tilted at this episode that I literally resignated. How can anyone think this is a 10/10 anime after such an arc? Im dissapointed in a anime that I didnt like that much to begin with ...
May 25, 2021 3:06 AM

May 2016
I bet that under that smug smile, Law's wondering about where the hell Luffy went while he's getting the beating of a lifetime. I might feel bad for Bellamy and how pathetic he thinks he is but it really isn't the time to be doing this.

Bartolomeo's done Cavendish dirty by not letting him in that barrier but I guess that was one of the few viable reasons for him to get knocked out so his other personality would take over.

May 25, 2021 8:29 PM

Apr 2021
ahhh I mean,, Bellamy's kind of out of the gutter,, I mean I know wants to fight b4 he dies BUT LAW!!
I know he has like stuff to prove,, great,, kinda sad BUT I CANT HELP BUT WANT LUFFY TO COME AND SAVE LAW ALRDY I DONT WANT HIM BEATEN UP GOD I have no problems with Bellamy having flashbacks BUT OF ALL TIMES HE COULDVE CHOSEN T^T PLEASE
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Aug 14, 2021 5:39 AM

Jun 2019
Luffy and Law aren't looking too good right now.
Aug 28, 2021 4:01 AM

Aug 2021
Luffy just his bellamy's ass already

Bartolomeo wtf lmaoooo
Aug 12, 2022 9:21 AM
Mar 2022
its really good i mean god lol
Aug 27, 2023 8:22 AM
Oct 2019
Damn Bellamy.
Stop it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - 60 minutes ago

3 by ryzxgum »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 514 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Sep 10, 2011

61 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 759 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Oct 8, 2016

59 by DaviFontes »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 463 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Aug 21, 2010

120 by bakakisima »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 462 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Aug 14, 2010

90 by bakakisima »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.